OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)

Go down 
+5
Zen
Unity Wolfpony
StrawberryGamer
Mr. Market
ObsidianPony
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 6:28 am

Sugary did not stop at all when the other Captain told him to do so. He had a vendetta against the ship that was attacking the island, and he wasn't about to let himself be caught with his tail between his legs again as he kept storming right towards the ship like a steam engine. If anything, his spirit was only further roused to defy any attempts to be stopped while he had the chance.

Seeing more of a barrage fired by the ship just made him decide to take his shot once and for all before things got worse. The island he was on seemed to have many casual sorts, and attack of the innocent was just one more reason to deliver the punishment of 'Eye for an Eye' as Zen performed his counter on the ship as well. He was furious to be sure, but he hadn't completely lost his inkling for strategy. Any part of Zen's thwarting that proved successful could open a golden opportunity should the ship attempt a desperate evasive maneuver.

He stopped making long bounds, but kept increasing the flow of spiraling magic on the harpoon to the point it seemed like the magic surrounding it was like water as it coursed around it and his grip while he kept running. As he ran, he began to wind up his throw as he tilted back while some of his magic went onto the sand further ahead and make it rise just enough to make a path just for him to use. He took very careful aim in an effort to try and hit the ship's rear under the assumption it held an engine in that section. With the momentum he had built up with all that running, the might he had, and the magic he had imbued the harpoon with, he'd practically reach the very tip of the path he made and halted short of a sharp incline, shifted his body forward fully, and threw the harpoon with a practiced finesse and controlled but purposeful force that belied his fury, as well as finally letting the magic he had imbued the weapon with roam free as it flared and rapidly accelerated in a bright thundering spiral towards his intended target... The rest was up to fate now.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 12:00 am

Lolk blinks rapidly as it processes the last few seconds. Realizing that its attention was desired, it turns to Frosty. "This one has no idea what is going on. This one believes we are definitely under attack. Who owns this ship?" the inquiries were all flat, monotone.
Lolk looks past Frosty at the stairs down, and walks around her to explore deeper into the ship.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 11:30 pm

The projectiles Zen had redirected flew toward the airship, slightly slower than when they had been launched at him but still with easily enough speed to reach the airship up above which had curiously stopped it's missile barrage. Maybe they had run out of ammunition and had hoped for a simple hit and run before picking off survivors?

But soon it became abundantly clear that even if it survived the missile barrage that Sugary would bring it down. The harpoon was spiraling at the ship at an obscene speed, and even better a figure was visible on the deck now, with their white royal guards armor shimmering and reflecting the sunlight; insignificant to most perhaps but to Sugary it was a clear sign of the captain who had been so determined to destroy the Black Mambo for whatever reason they had chosen.

The harpoon impacted first, even from how high the ship was there was a satisfying crunch as it tore a huge gash into the underside of the airship, which visibly struggled and faltered to stay afloat but managed to hold itself up, over the audible objection of it's engines.

On the deck the figure had raised their arm, seemingly pointing right at Zen on the beach.

It was hard to see the exact details of what happened but in one second the figure's armor had changed from white to a bright scarlet. They seemed to wave their arms in a chopping motion.

The results were instant and for a few certainly despair inducing; a portal, almost identical to the ones Zen had used to reflect to the missiles, opened underneath the airship which cut it's engines. The massive ship slowly drifted down into the portal as the missiles impacted where it had been in the air moments ago, producing a truly spectacular but inefficient fireball which would have reduced the airship to cinders if it had still been there.

"Hey!" A blue stallion in a torn shirt and brown slacks came running up to them. "Look, my captain said you own the boat we're towing. Listen, we need to leave, now!" The deckhand insisted to Sugary, and Zen too once he noticed he was there. "We're making for Canterlot to report this, we can get your airship fixed there too."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The door to the hut Lightning and Star Sentinel had been observing was kicked practically into splinters before they could approach it fully. With the door gone the urgency became clear, as it looked like about half of the roof of the hut had collapsed in on itself before the pony who had been using it could get out.

The figure who greeted them was almost certainly not what they were expecting: the rusty armor worn by the figure was covering almost their entire body with either rusted metal punctuated by the occasional enchanted jewel or a long, black flowing robe. The huge metal mask raised to stare at the two ponies before the armored stranger, almost as if it was trying to get a proper look at them.

"You are not a part of my task. I advise you to depart this island at once." The voice of the figure was so badly distorted both by echo and what sounded like a purposeful spell designed to hide their identity that it was impossible to tell their gender, let alone any kind of accent.

The armored figure cast a glance around at the burning island around it. While none of their face could be seen and their body stayed stoically still, it was easy to imagine and disheartened look on their face. "This was supposed to be a safe haven." They muttered, more to themselves than anything. "Our sanctuaries fall... degenerates hunt our protectors and even now our power is lost." The masked figure abruptly turned back to Lightning and Star and marched toward them, so fast it almost seemed like they were going to hit Star.

"Keep this safe." It was an order, not a request, as the figure pressed something small, round and ice cold into Lightning's hand. "If anyone tries to take it from you you destroy them. If you are asked, it was amongst the rubble. You saw no figure." With those orders given as if the figure was ordering a soldier under their formal command, the armored figured spread wide wings from underneath it's armor (the wings of a powerful eagle by the look of things, a griffon then) and, with impressive strength, launched off from the ground. Almost as soon as they left the ground they shimmered and disappeared from eyesight under a cloaking spell.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on the Black Mambo, the crew of the friendly ship were attaching towing lines to the airship while deckhands scoured the island for Zen, Market and anyone else who had left the ship; every other boat and airship had departed, some just barely visible still on the horizon. If the pirates returned they would be sitting ducks and the other ship's crew clearly knew it.

Almost as soon as Lolk made a move down the stairs there was a loud clang and a rustling of blankets. "Please don't hurt me!" Came a mare's voice from inside. "I'm coming out, I promise I'm unarmed!" She sounded rather panicked but there was no immediate sign of her; from the sound of things she was deep in the cargo hold.

"Hey hey!" The captain of the other boat called over as his crew worked on the tow lines. "Any of you lot over there know anything about engines?! Our engineer is out looking for your crewmates and we need the engines back up to full strength yesterday!" He called out, noticing the wrench in Frosty's hands. "Good enough, get over here Blue!" He called to her. "Move it you lazy bunch of termites or I'll pitch ya overboard to catch my dinner by hand!" He shouted at his crew to get them to work faster; in spite of all his yelling, the crew worked fast and didn't seem to mind the shouting.

Back to top Go down
https://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:24 am

Star blinked as he stared at the...a...armored stranger. He looked the stranger up and down. "I would...but my first priority is to make sure everyone else is off the island." He said, taking a little step back away from the stranger. His hand was still on his sword though. He listened to the stranger talking and he couldn't help but looked around the burned area of the island. He frowned, but he turned his gaze back to the stranger. "Wait what? What was that about power?"

He had not been ready for the stranger to march straight at him so quickly. He took another step way from the stranger and watched as he...err...it placed something in Lightning's hand. He raised an eyebrow at it and then tilted his head a little at the stranger. He opened his mouth to say something but before he could the stranger flew off. "Hmm...He's right...We should get out of here...What'd he give you anyway?" He asked Lightning.

He then paused and shook his head. "Never mind. I'll ask later. For now we need to get off this island. As sad as I am to part from it, it was never my home." He sighed and turned to face the hatch he saw the two unicorns go down. "You best get your friends down there...And ah...Do you happen to have a ship I can ride on?" He asked sheepishly as he scratched the back of his neck.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 5:50 pm

It's just shortly after the actual attacker disappears that the rubble that was the hut in which Viridian Rain and Verde Tin were residing stirs--and then is violently knocked aside as mother and daughter exert their full strength to open the trap door to the basement. Viridian appears first, vaulting off the ladder with a dexterity that seems unusual for one more suited for scholarly pursuits, and then turns and knees to help guide a giant bipod with a large-gauge barrel welded to it up out of the hole. As she stands and keeps guiding, the rest of the weapon follows with Verde holding the other end. "Big Bermuda" would appear to be some kind of massive rifle of some sort, or something that looks very much like a rifle that's been sized up by a factor of three or four. It has a scope mounted on top that's somewhat rectangular and appears wide enough that it could be some kind of binocular and ominously, has two very heavy legs welded just under the ejection port that are clearly meant to absorb immense recoil. With Big Bermuda safely clear of the rubble, Viridian turns around to look for ships on the move that aren't the crippled Black Mambo. The ship just pulling out, the one that's offering to take the Mambo under tow, catches her eye and she barely glances at it before turning back to Verde.
"Dear, I think the raider got what they were after and are trying to escape with whatever it is," she says in a sort of strained voice, like someone talking through clenched teeth.
"Well, we can't have that, now can we?" With her mother's help, Verde hefts Bermuda into position and places it on a bit of rubble that elevates it slightly and lets her draw a good bead on the ship putting out. She looks through the odd scope and then nods to her mother. "The predial is good."
"Wonderful, dear." Viridian smile and pats her on the shoulder lightly, disappearing back into the basement as Verde sprawls out on her belly and sights down the scope, tucking the butt of the oversized rifle against her shoulder and tugging a little to make sure the bracing legs are properly dug in.
Viridian emerges a minute later carrying several cartridges as long as her forearm and almost as wide. She hands one of them to Verde who reaches up to release a catch and pulls the back of the rifle away, exposing a breach for the round to be inserted into. She slips the round in, pushes the rifle forward, and engaged the catch. "APHES ready, mum."
"Wait until you see one of their large engines, dear," Viridian instructed. "No use going after the smaller ones or the engine room until it's too crippled to manuever effectively."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 11:54 pm

After Sugary has slid down the sand hill he made, he saw the effects of his thrown harpoon with zeal. He had thought he'd managed to bring the ship down, but the fact the ship was still in the air meant he probably just barely missed a vital component as it struggled to remain airborne despite the the noise of a damaged motor... a sound he relished very much at the moment.

What followed though, came as a bit of a surprise to him when the captain of the hostile vessel showed himself, and cast his spell before seemingly retreating to who knows where. It was at that moment that something resonated within Sugary as he watched the ship leave with a mild grin. "Now we're even, you bastard... I'll gladly show you who's the real Red anytime..."

When the stallion from the friendly ship arrived, Sugary looked to the stallion with bright and calm eyes. "Ah...? Oh...! Right, it's dangerous here now... One sec..." He then raised an arm and snapped his fingers for a moment, waited, and then blinked a few times as he sighed with a mild blush. "Right... I lost it... It's weird not having my Inventory..." "Er... Never mind." He then looked over to the center of the island where he planned on lending help, but it seemed others were already handling rescues and evacuations. He then looked towards Zen and the allied ship crewmate. "Okay, let's get that ship prepped. No way I'm passing up a chance like this."

He'd be fully intent on going to the Black Mambo to help set up the towing effort, but while doing the preparations from outside, he'd notice something from the center of the island settlement. "Hm...? What's that thing? Can't see very well because of the fog..." Aside from pondering what the odd device was, he'd also try and call out to any that might have stayed in his ship. "Hey! It's me, Market! I'm back! You guys still patching up things in there?"
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 12:34 am

Star looked as Viridian as she came up out of the basement. He was about to say something but his jaw just kept open and didn't move a muscle as he stared at the unicorn pull out a giant rifle with another unicorn coming out after the rifle. He shook his head and closed his jaw. "Wow that's one big gun..." He said as his ears swiveled towards them to listen to their conversation. He raised an eyebrow and turned his gaze over to where the Black Mambo was getting towed away by another ship. His squinted his eyes and tried to see what ship was towing the crashed one.

His eyes went all over the ship trying to figure out what ship it was. It certainly didn't look like raider or pirate ship he's seen. His eyes went up to where the flag would usually be to see. He could just barely make out a white side with a sun on the flag. His eyes nearly popped out of his head as he heard the two ponies say something about large engines. He didn't waste any time as he sprinted towards the two, skidding to a stop in front of Verde to block her shot.

"You two stop!" He yelled, looking at them both. "If you haven't noticed...that ship towing the crashed one has the equestrian flag on it. It doesn't look like any raider ships I've seen and it certainly doesn't look like a guard ship. I donno...A ship working for the guard I guess? But if you two meant to fire at them then..." He let the sentence hang in the air as he reached his hand down to his sword handle, eyeing the two to see if any of them was going to make a move.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Zen was grinning as the missiles closed in on the enemy ship, but then the truly unexpected happened. He wasn't even aware there were others with anything like his powers, and yet here was another doing what he'd-" Zen thought process was interrupted by another racking cough before he realized that there were others calling to him and wanting him to leave. With a groan at the ship managing to get away, Zen turned about and began to fly back towards Market's ship that was getting ready to be towed. With a brief burst of effort, Zen flopped onto the deck of the ship. With virtually no grace at all, he rolled over onto his back and let the scythe noisily bang on the deck out of his grasp. There he just laid, watching the sky and taking deep breaths.

"I shouldn't *cough* gone with such *cough, cough* overkill," he said around a few more stray coughs that left a bit of blood on his muzzle. "Hey anyone *cough* around?" he said from the deck of the Black Mamba.
Back to top Go down
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 7:53 pm

lightning pocketed the object in her vest and buttoned it up, pulling out one of her pistols she looked around after getting her head round what just happened, she cocked it noticing the 'rifle' and the fact that star had grasp on his sword. "you two, i think this ones right, don't shoot, not until we are sure its a hostile, we don't want to be targeting allies" she said letting her formal voice slip and be replaced with what sounded like soft cockney. "male one lets get closer, you two, don't do somin stoopid" she said unfurling her wings and take off for the Black Mambo keeping her altitude relatively low.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGamer

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:05 pm

Frosty stood there for a second, slightly baffled, before shrugging and going up to the upper deck of the ship. She arrived just in time to see the attacking vessel go poof through what Frosty could guess was a portal. Another second of baffled standing passed before she shook her head. “When this is all over, I need a drink…” She said quietly to herself.

Looking over at the other ship, she heard the captain calling out to her. Something about engines? Well that’s all she needed to know to get her attention. She quickly made her way to the captain of the other ship. “You called? Said something about engines?” She asked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:55 pm

Sugary looked over to Zen, and quickly moved to his side, urging him to move his muzzle sideways gently as a procedure to prevent choking. "Woah! Hey, what happened!? Did you get shot...!?" He wasn't aware of what was actually wrong with the pegasus, so he assumed a direct injury at first while lighting up his horn to scan his body for measuring the state of his health. "I really hope the others around here patched the ship up by now..."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 1:00 am

Another harsh sounding cough escaped his mouth before Zen could clench his teeth together and throw a grin up towards Sugary. "Nah, I'm good, this is normal," Zen forced out between pants and a chuckle, though he didn't opt to sit up for the moment. "Just don't throw me overboard and I'll be right enough soon enough, hehehe. Though I don't think I'll be moving all that much if I can help it right now," Zen went on actually shifting a little bit to seem to try and get a little more comfortable while laying down on the ship's deck. The scan would reveal nothing external, but rather some internal damage that while fairly minor and already seemed to have more or less stopped bleeding.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 4:01 am

Sugary sighed and mildly helped Zen get more comfortable for the time being, though he didn't spare the chance to focus his energy as his horn lit up a very soft white, and soon sprinkled a coat of healing magic over Zen to help speed up the recovery a bit and let him rest easier as it seeped into his body. "... Take your time then. But we still need to get going. I'm gonna go and see how the rest of the ship, and hopeful crew, is doing..."

Before going into the ship, he'd eventually notice Frosty moving to aid the other ship, and Lightning approaching, and so he'd wave to the pegasi. "Hey! Welcome back! Think you can help me finish up with some minor repairs?" He'd then try to go in with the hopes he'd be followed with aid as he could only stand around for so long when everyone around them was clearly busy and in a rush. He could also swear he heard some sounds of someone wandering the ship, and some talking of voices he most certainly was hardly familiar with. "Hm...? Is someone there...?" There was likely time for Lolk and the stowaway to speak a bit more before he found them both in his own ship.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 4:23 am

Star tilted his head to the side a little when Lightning called him male one. "Male one? Really? You're not even going to bother with just saying you or trying to figure out my name?" He asked as he quickly turned and flew after the mare. He sucked in a breath and sighed. Was he really talking back to this mare because she called him male one? Yes...yes he was. He stopped when he heard someone call out to the mare. "So Lightning's her name..." He muttered quietly as he looked up at the unicorn stallion who was standing on the ship that had crashed landed on the island. "Is that your captain? He seems...rather cheery after what had just happened." He said, tilting his head to the side a little. It could just be him and this stallion wasn't cheery at all, but the way he shouted welcome back just screamed cheery to him.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 4:53 am

Lolk watches Frosty utterly ignore it and walk by. Seeing Market, Lolk eeps and instinctively shifts to a mouse, then scurries off. Once Lolk has gotten away from the ha- from Market, it hums a song spell. "Forget what you've seen, notice me not~ Hear not my words, learn not my song~ Forget what you've seen, notice me not~..."
A glamor wraps around Lolk. It would prevent anyone from noticing the music or Lolk, leaving it free to explore the ship unmolested for the time being. As an added measure, Lolk uses his more basic changeling magic to shift to the form of a pegasus. Pulling the raincloack tightly around it, Lolk begins to search the ship for portable items of value.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 10:07 pm

Lolk would manage to elude Sugary, but not quite in the way it was attempting. The longtime combatant and and willful magic adept was not so easily swayed by subtle mind spells, lest he become a dangerous puppet at a mere whisper. "... What's this magic...? Is the ship still malfunctioning...?" Instead, he thought the latent energy of the ship was getting awry as it seemingly distorted the air nearby while the spell lightly bounced off the walls left and right; It was that bounce of the subtle spell that would conceal Lolk, lest his transformation alone alerted Sugary, who was now lightly flicking his ears as he could swear he briefly heard a light pleasant melody in them, mind feeling a tad more relaxed. "... What a nice tune... But I don't have time for this."

He'd still go into the large storage room, but the distraction would certainly buy Lolk the time to get away without notice by the time he got in. There was also a chance for the stowaway to remain hidden, but Sugary now looked left and right throughout the room carefully as he thought out loud. "Hm... Must have been echo from outside then... Better make sure nothing dangerous spilled here first though. This place is a mess..." If the stowaway was hidden, he wouldn't look under any covers yet...

Lolk would find little of value anywhere outside the storage room, though the bedrooms did have some books on both magic as well as novel entertainment, aside from the clothes stored in Sugary's bedroom. The bridge would contain more travel related items and tools than anything, though some were certainly vital for long travels such as maps for keeping track. The engine room held the most important item in the ship, the Levistone, but it was still tightly lodged with what was left of the engine, and would not be easy to remove through conventional means... However, Lolk would have to watch his movements regardless if it intended to stay out of sight, as the ship was not too large, and the owner was in the central room where he could spot him or hear him at any moment...
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 4:10 am

Both of them look at Star. "...that isn't the ship that...?" Verde begins but it's that moment that Star turns away and runs after a mare. She blinks and shrugs, looking up at her mother. "Yay or nay?"
"I'd flip a coin but..."
Verde reaches into a satchel and tosses her one. "Bits don't explode. Score one for hard money."
"Right oh." Viridian flips the coin and catches it, slapping it down on the back of her other hand. "Tails."
"Well, that Sugary Market fellow is a bit of nice tail." Verde thought a moment before pulling the back of the rifle backwards and unloading it. "Should we take her?"
"Of course." Viridian leaned down to help her daughter pack the giant recoilless rifle up. "You never know when you might need some extra firepower in ship-to-ship fighting. Or a sniper rifle that can turn a dragon into meat pudding. Besides, this is a considerable amount of work to simply leave in the ruins of our former house."
"Yup." Verde stands and hoists the rifle such that the front bipod rests just in front of Viridian's shoulder. "I propose that we take her and stow her and then come back for the rest."
"We'll certainly do that," Viridian says as they start forward at a good clip, moving fast for a pair of mares carrying such a monstrous weapon. "Far too many valuables down there and I suspect we'll need our full tool suite to be of aid to the captain of the Black Mambo."

When the pair arrive, they climb aboard and place their gun on the nearest flat space. "Don't be going anywhere, we'll be back," Verde says to anyone who cares to hear before the two make their way back to their house ruins and disappear back into the basement to collect the things they'll need.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 12:47 am

Down in the bowels of the ship where the voice had come from there was more rustling, before the door to one of the storage cupboards opened and a mess of mops, buckets and cleaning supplies fell out onto the floor right in front of the disguised Lolk. A mare stumbled out right in front of him. "I'm coming up, please don't do anything rash, I'm not armed!" She called up to the ship deck where most of the others were standing and where Sugary was specifically.

The mare emerged onto the deck with her hands raised high above her head and covering her horn entirely.

"Look, I promise I can explain this." The orange unicorn with her long mane striped red and yellow was looking around at them with a reassuring glance that nonetheless didn't show nearly as much fear as one might expect. "My name is Sunset. I have important information regarding the whereabouts of Princess Celestia, I need to get back to Canterlot, now." Sunset's thick hiking coat and waterproof trousers suggested she had been travelling for sometime without a vessel. "I'm sorry for the stowaway act but I thought I wasn't being followed and, well... I guess not." She admitted sheepishly, remembering the terrible feeling and noise when the ship was shot down.

The unicorn was distracted with wide eyes by the gun that Viridian and Verde lay on the deck. "Is that really necessary?!" She called after the duo as they left the ship again.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Yes ma'am, we got our engines completely conking out down there, the belts keep throwing themselves out, our rotors need replacing, the combustion isn't happening evenly and we needed that thing working yesterday!" The captain informed Frosty in his usual loud tone. "If you can get down there and fix it it'll get us to Canterlot before this time tomorrow, plus you'll have this old bastard owing you a favor!" He added, thumping Frosty on the back roughly.

------------------------------------------------------------

As Lightning and Star Sentinel stood on the deck of the ship a slight metal clanking that sounded out of place was audible, coming from just behind the two; sure enough the very same armored figure they had seen in the remains of the huts walked right through the two of them, a ghostly image that stood in front of Sugary and Sunset.

Judging by the lack of reactions it didn't take much to deduce that it was only visible to them.

"Sunset Shimmer's mission must fail. She seeks the return of the royalty, the time is not right. The two of you must ensure that she stays in Canterlot." The voice was ordering them, not asking them, before the ghostly visage faded away.

Back to top Go down
https://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 1:07 am

lightning looked to star in shock and confusion. "well.. thats what we gotta do i guess" she said looking for her note book and once she got it out she wrote down all the 'specter' had said. once done she approached sugary and spoke. "mr sugary, where are you going to fly to in your ship, where will you be sailing for?" she asked for the sake of her 'orders'. she had no intention in failing her mission but felt it best not to disclose what she and star had learnt.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 1:38 am

Star tilted his head to the side in curiosity as Sunset came up out of the ship. He listened to her carefully, his eyes widening a little when she said she had information as to where Celestia was. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when he heard something behind him. He turned around quickly and eyed the figure from before. He raised an eyebrow at his apparent "orders". He opened his mouth to ask a question but before he could the figure disappeared...again. He grumbled something and turned around. The time is not right huh? He hummed to himself as he eye Sunset while Lightning talked to Sugary. He did keep an ear in their direction to listen to them.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 1:48 am

With the collection of ponies on the ship's deck now, Zen let out a groan as he forced himself to stand, though the process wasn't exactly graceful. It started with him grabbing for his scythe, and only succeeding after 3 failed attempts, did he plant the spiked pommel of the weapon into the wood of the deck to provide a solid pole to raise himself up on. With a few pants and groans, the red coated stallion managed to get to his feet but continued leaning on the weapon for support.

"Ah, so you're responsible for my abrupt awakening," Zen said with a forced grin as he hobbled over towards Sunset a little bit. "Hehehe, oh well, I needed an excuse to do something today anyways and that certainly was interesting," he went on with a chuckle before shifting his attention back to Sugary. "Thanks for the healing spell, would have been a few more hours before I could do this without out," he said gesturing to his standing position. "So, cap'm, I'm feeling capable, where do I need to be to help with getting this thing airborne again?" Zen asked looking up and down the hull of the ship.

"Oh," Zen suddenly remarked as he turned back to Sunset. "And the name's Zen, sorry about that spot of rudeness," he added with another chuckle and a nod that seemed to be at more of an attempt of a bow than just a nod, but given how he was leaning on the shaft of the scythe, a nod was about all he could manage. Zen then spread his wings and used them to bring himself to a low hover again which seemed considerably easier on the stallion.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Lolk was a bit miffed. After thoroughly searching the ship, Lolk had not found a single loose item! The only thing worth anything on the ship seemed to be its engine... and its pilot. Neither of which seemed particularly easy to transport. For now, she was hiding under a bed, still in mouse form. Pressed up against the wall, she merely hoped the ship would be in the air soon, lest she be blown to bits or discovered.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 11:26 pm

((Messenger of the Sun))

When Sugary heard the rustling from the cleaning supplies closet, he was about to go and investigate immediately, but was distracted when one of the flasks teetering on an edge fell, and he was forced to catch it first before more things broke and spilled. However, he most certainly heard the voice of Sunset and saw her as she spoke and walked on the way out past the main storage room. "Who the heck is that...?" He'd walk out with a broom by his shoulder that he picked up along the way.

By the time he'd caught up to her, he would be just in time to learn of her identity, her apparent mission, and the fact she was the reason for his ship being targeted by a well armed force all of a sudden. He was quite unamused about that last fact as he tried to register everything he had just heard and was witnessing... including the big gun that was now on the deck as he grabbed Sunset by her shoulder and spun her around to look at her face directly and point rather sternly at her. "Miss... You have got a lot more explaining to do..." He then looked around briefly to those around in general while pointing at the canon. "And could someone tell me who put that there!? I'm keeping account of too much as is!!"

Soon after barking out what was a demand for order, he briefly felt goosebumps around the time the ghostly figure left a message to Star and Lightning, making him almost reach out towards it before pulling his arm back and rubbing his shoulder. "... I must be getting tired..." The distraction was enough to make him calm down, if only slightly, as he kept talking to Sunset. "... Listen... Right now, we're only going wherever we're being taken to. This ship is neither flying or sailing nowhere on its own. If you want help that badly from this ship, then you'd better earn your stay till we can set off again." He presented Sunset with the broom, lightly enchanting it so that it stood up straight without needing to be held, expecting her to take it. "You can start by cleaning the ship you rode on. It's a mess, and we got a whole bunch still prepping to tow. Unless you'd rather share your tale with the other ships that is..." He was a good stallion, but that was no excuse for the stowaway to be kept coddled entirely; Especially when she was part of the reason his 'wings' had been clipped.

He then looked to Zen and Lightning. "As for you two... Like I said, we're not flying anywhere. I may need help patching things down below still though. Don't want water rushing in all of a sudden in case I missed a hole earlier." He'd give one last quiet look to Sunset, before turning around and making his way down below, but not before giving her one more thing to say. "... If you really want my help against those rogues, call me Captain Market when addressing me on this ship. And yes, I do expect you to greet me with that broom..."
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:14 am

"Yes it is," Verde tells Sunset as the pair disappear towards their house.
The question of who left the cannon on a corner of the deck is destined to be unanswered until the duo returns a few minutes later carrying two duffle bags each plus external frame backpacking packs loaded with their things. They nonchalantly move passed whoever's in their way and disappear to the nearest place that seems like a storage room, returning to the deck afterwards.
"As we said, miss, the weapon is necessary," Viridian tells Sunset. "We call it a 'recoilless rifle' and it's primary purpose is extreme-range extreme-precision attacks on vital components of enemy airships from a secure and generally concealed position."
"It's experimental," Verde admits. "But preliminary tests are highly promising. The fully-jacketed 45 by 457 millimeter high-explosive anti-armor cartridges can pierce 70 millimeters of mixed-component armor at a full kilometer."
"They're too small to cause real damage to the hull," Viridian says. "But they will destroy more delicate equipment such as control surfaces, engines, fuel tanks and feeding mechanisms, and magazines. The goal was, and remains, to create a weapon that gives a rifle team the firepower to attack an airship from a prepared position."
Both stop and look at Sunset, studying her a moment, before both step forward with smiles and offer hands.
"Viridian Rain."
"Verde Tin."
"And you are?"
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 11:14 pm

Star stood off to the side watching everything happen around him, his arms crossed over his chest. His eyes widened a little when he watched Sugary taking charge of everything. What he saw was a pony who had the right to be called captain and that thought made him smile a little. His gaze went over to Viridian and Verde talking to Sunset. I should probably ask that mare what she knows about where Celestia and Luna are... He thought as he let his arms fall to his side. He walked quiety over to the three ponies. "Pardon me ma'ams, but I need to ask ah...Sunset a few questions." He said calmly towards Viridian and Verde before turning towards Sunset.

"Miss, you said you have information on where Celestia is? Can you maybe tell me more about that? How do you know such information? And I ask because..."He paused and looked over at Lightning for a moment before turning back at Sunset. "Because I want the princesses back too, and I might want to help you." He said, still keeping his "orders" in mind. He'd get some information about where Celestia might be but he'll have to ask that griffin figure what they meant the next time he sees them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next