OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)

Go down 
+5
Zen
Unity Wolfpony
StrawberryGamer
Mr. Market
ObsidianPony
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Empty
PostSubject: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 1:59 pm

The tiny spit of land known as Rose Nest had gained it's name in two ways; first for the beautiful natural rose patches in the center of the island, which most likely was a hill before the floods. The second was because of the use it had adopted in the new world; in a world where most ponies made by on boats, wings and airships if they were exceptionally resourceful and rich, small islands were a blessing to see in your eyesight after hours or possibly entire days without a chance to restock on supplies.

On today it was an exceptionally foggy evening. Usually wherever one stood on Rose Nest the opposite end of it would be visible but tonight the dense fog left no chance of that. In the center of the island was where the various visitors could rest up, with provided simple shacks and bedspreads to allow them a simple resting place. It was hardly luxury accommodations but it was the best the Royal Guard could do these days.

As such, in the small clump of tents and shacks right in the center of the tiny island, everyone could hear the loud mechanical screeching of a failed engine but none could see the source of the noise. But they could certainly feel the impact of the, presumably, airship crash landing in the water right beside the island.
Back to top Go down
https://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 6:00 am

"Black Waltz"

To what others might see as just an airship crashing down, it was the aftermath of a battle that Sugary had just barely escaped from some time ago. The Black Mambo, as it read in a couple of plates on the sides of his airship, was badly damaged at the engine and struggled to maintain altitude properly. It was unlike most known airships though, as it relied on no balloons to maintain flight. It had a simple design as a small live-in cargo cruiser roughly 25 feet wide, 70 feet long, and 20 feet high; All of it good quality wood and metal, and Magitechnology at its core and walls. Six propellers on the sides meant for respectable speed were failing in their performance as power was not flowing properly, and once in landed hard into the water, the pilot was forced to try and use his own magic as his horn flared from within the bridge to keep the airship afloat lest water forced its way in as he held onto the wheel for dear life. Slowly making the ship reach land with one last push as it floated again briefly with his own power, he managed to get it onto dry land and leave it there as it creaked and charred itself a bit.

Tired and restless the owner might be, but his first task was to shut off everything he could, and quickly make his way down the stairs to check for damages, protect his most precious component, and put out any fires that might have started down below if there were any, but not before arming himself with what he already had at his disposal. He considered abandoning his ship in case those who attacked him might be close by, but it was his home, and none he didn't approve of were welcome... so any that might have wanted to enter through the deck after climbing the ladders on the sides, entered through any windows all of a sudden, or forced their way in by some other means right away, would be met with a very wary and battle ready stallion armed with gunpowder, sharp cold steel, and a tempered willpower that manifested itself in his might and magic...
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGamer

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:51 am

Sitting around in one of the tents was a cyan mare, a mallet in one hand and some scrap metal in the other. “Okay, this needs to fold a bit to fit…” She hit the metal with her mallet once, folding it almost in half. “This would be easier with a proper workbench. This is what I get for leaving that last job… Then again, they were all captured by pirates, so…” She finished her thoughts with a shrug and continued playing with her scrap metal.

Her tinkering was cut short when she heard a loud screeching and a powerful thud, or a large crash. She really hoped it was the latter, and the fat guy across from her tent didn’t just fall. Again. Putting her scrap metal away, she rushed outside to see the crash of a sizable...airship? It sure looked like one, but there were no balloons to give it lift. She had heard of airship that didn’t need balloons, but to see one… Well, she didn’t have many more words than “awesome” to describe her thoughts.

Approaching the airship, she read out loud what it said on a side plate. “The Black Mambo… Hmm, interesting…” She was curious about what was aboard, but more concerned about the occupants of the vessel, if any were alive, and if she finally had a potential job. Finding a ladder on the side, she jumped onto it and began climbing up. Before peeking her head over the railing, she had another thought. “What if this ship belongs to pirates? Eh, screw it.” She then peeked her head over the side to see the deck. “Helloooo? Anypone home? I swear I’ve only killed a couple pirates… With a wrench… A big one… In self-defense… I’m a mechanic…” She didn't want to board it fully in case she wasn't gonna be welcome, and dropping from a ladder is a quicker escape than turning around and jumping off the deck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:06 pm

sitting on her late captains escaped airboat on the beach. lightning sighed, she had come all this way for adventure and maybe mechanical work on the marvel that was that airship. but the crew did not like her nor did they seem to like the captain, he was disposed of and she was put on one of the escape rafts, balloon now deflated she sat there, wrench in hand face covered in oil after desperately trying to get the broken escape airboat to not simply plummet from the sky, she had achieved that at least and was safe for now. She'd been sitting there for at least 13 hours before something happened.

the air filled with a familiar sound of an airship's engine failure followed then by the crash into the water. Lightning jumped to her hooves and took to the air to get to the event, what she saw, she had to think about 10 times over. A balloonless airship. she had made models that worked in theory, but this was the real thing, she ran to it spotting a cyan mare that seemed to have gotten there first and had climbed the ladder, and on here way still heard her good intentions or what she assumed were good intentions, lightning had been know to be slightly gullible at times. lightning flew to the side of the cyan mare smiled at her then looked to the ship. "Hello? um.. we are here to help, I'm an engineer, I may be able to help if... you're even alive.." she was not sure of crew number and hoped she wasn't about to be shot in the head for what she was about to do.

the 16-year old mare was robustly built, and her eyepatch made her look somewhat more mean than she was sometimes, but her smile often shon through that. she fluttered a little higher to expose herself more, and prove she was unarmed par her tools "please, I really mean you no harm." she announced once more loudly. she got her handkerchief and cleaned her face somewhat of the oil. her tricorner sat on her shoulder and her breathulater hung round her neck, and her coat sat about 5 inches away from hoof level. her hat possessed 4 badges each representing a separate guild she had worked with each easy to recognise. it would seem she was a bit of a polymath.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 5:54 pm

Zen HAD been having a good day. A little travel, a little bit of aimlessly flying around, and lastly a nap after finishing up his last little job which had earned him a small but still usable pay (even though a majority of it might have already been spent). He'd even managed to find a nice fluffy cloud fairly close to a remote island and had resigned to use the accommodation since it was there, falling asleep almost instantly. It wasn't a light sleep either which was customary to a nap, no it was exceptionally deep with even some wild and vivid dream that after waking he'd struggle to remember, but find the images as elusive as he was.

That of course being AFTER he dealt with the plummeting airship that'd been so gracious as to wake him up from that nap by plowing straight into him. Such an abrupt awakening was of course met with innate reflex rather than fully thought out reactions and so Zen didn't really hesitate once he realized that the ship that'd hit him wasn't part of the fleeting dream (a fact that took a couple seconds, or basically when he realized that being hit like that HURT), Zen opened a portal behind him that the ship oh so graciously pushed him through and then he closed it without a second thought.

Now free of the dangers of being crushed by the plummeting ship, Zen had a moment to think about what'd just happened and respond appropriately, namely by yelling into the void of his pocket dimension. "Who the hell drives an airship stra-*COUGH*," Zen'd started coughing just at the start of his rant. A harsh hacking sound that grated his throat and when he pulled his hoof away, fresh blood was splattered upon it. "Damn, can't tell if this is from the portal or the ship," he said still to himself while floating about in the gravity-less expanse. "Well, better go see what that was about," he continued while reaching for a nearby weapon that was also floating about in the space. Seizing the weapon, Zen swung it downward before him, cutting open a new portal near where he'd been when the ship went down. Flying through the opening, Zen looked about until he finally spotted the craft crashed into the waters near the island and a couple mares already there and checking the wreck out.

With a sigh, Zen flew down to join the mares who were boarding the ship and while hearing their inquiries about survivors before he approached them enough to really be noticed, Zen quickly assumed that they weren't much of scavengers or brigands, though he hadn't come to expect that out of most of this islands population. The portal he'd flown out of disappeared when he descended, and the weapon Zen'd used to open the portal had been left behind in the pocket dimension. Deciding to expand the search efforts, Zen dove instead of to the side where the two mares were to the other side that had no one at it yet. Once there, he began looking into the portholes (if there were any) to see what all was inside the craft.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 7:47 pm

The sound of an airship engine laboring for dear life causes Verde to look up from where she has a rifle disassembled on a table, in the midst of cleaning it and putting it back together. "Hey, mum! I think I hear an incoming airship!"
"I hear it too," Viridian Rain says as she comes from her room in the midst of slipping into a heavy leather jacket. "Harmonics sound off so I think she's coming in hard. Get your tools, dear."
"Do you think I'll need the rifle?" Verde asks as she turns and heads into their tool room, starting to gather heavy wrenches, hammers, and a set of heavy-duty bolt cutters they'd acquired just last month.
"I think you will but..."
"OK." Verde grins as she emerges with the tools and hands them to her taken-aback mother. "Go on ahead, I'll assemble it and be out in a minute."
Viridian blinks at her before giving an amused snort and a smile and heading out the door of their hut towards the sound that she estimates the crashing ship is heading in. She immediately sees it as it touches down roughly and many other residents of the island rush over to help, loot, or whatever. Viridian shoulders the sledgehammer and puts the other tools on loops attached to her vest, and then she approaches.
Back to top Go down
Blu

Blu

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 1:10 am

Silence, that was all Pulchritude could hear. The silence of the deep. With her eyes closed and her limbs floating freely in the calm waters. Surrounding her, sticking close to the glow she produced at this depth, were various fish. It didn’t matter whether it were a guppy or a shark, It didn’t bother Pulchritude no more than a house pet would an earth pony. She grew up with these creatures. She grew up in this whole environment. In fact, when the floods came, Pulchritude wasn’t sure if she should be thrilled or not. It meant more places to access, to discover, without having to run back to the water in fear of drying up like a sponge. It was all so blissful… so peaceful.

Well, it was, until the sudden crashing of the ship disrupted the waters and the fish fled in a frenzied panic. Even at these depths, it didn’t go unnoticed. Pulchritude’s eyes snapped open and a growl began to form deep in her throat, though all that came out was a soft gurgling and bubbles filtered out of her gills. She looked up to the shallow water, the soft moonlight just barely cutting through the water. Pulchritude reached forward and began to push through the water with webbed hands and a fish-like tail.

Pulchritude’s head burst from the water, the moon's glow blurring her vision ever so slightly, as if she were looking through foggy glasses. She sighed, closing her eyes and resting for a moment before opening them and generally getting used to the slight blur. Though all vision matters aside, her other senses got to work, and Pulchritude pinpointed where all the commotion was coming from. The hybrid trudged out of the water, fumbling around until she found the blury heap of her coat in which she left on the shore. Once found she pulled it on and approached the scene, staring up at the ship as if she could see the damned thing in focus. Pulchritude scoffed, watching with a disapproving look.

Last edited by Blu on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 8:20 pm

((Posting on behalf of Mr Market, due to his net being a butt))

To those that called in from the deck, a 5' 6" stocky unicorn stallion with long mane wearing oil-smudged gray jeans, a slightly tattered and charred white shirt, a cutlass by his side, a pistol with his thumb right on the cockhammer ready to draw, and a stern and wary look, came out slowly to greet those he had as visitors... while carrying what looked to be an oversized harpoon he pulled out from the damaged engine on his left shoulder that he barely managed to fit through the door, as well as levitating a few buckets of water. He eyed the group carefully even with the thick fog, as what mattered to him was their intentions more than their looks.

It didn't go unnoticed to him that most arriving were female, and apparently mechanics. He kept quiet for a moment, before speaking with a surprisingly hearty voice despite the circumstances. "And here I thought my luck went south! Ladies and Machinists coming to aid me? I'm not dead, am I?" He then looked up for a moment while his ear flicked as he heard the sound of something gliding in the air not far off. "... I hear wings down there... Whoever just dove next to my ship better come out where I can see them! I just got attacked, and I'm not in the mood to deal with Thieves!" His voice was as hardy as ever, but if anyone could see his expression, he had a rugged face and piercing eyes that spoke of world weary times., as well as regular weariness of patience. "That said, if you really wanna help, you're welcome for it and come in... IF I think I can trust you lot... Engine's busted bad, the hull was pierced and cracked and battered, and I just barely got the rune conduits to stop sparking all over... More importantly though, where am I? And are any of you with any factions...?" He kept a wary stance still, not willing to let anyone pass by him without proper explanation. He was also still waiting on the pegasus to come up, lest he be forced to have to try and make someone walk the plank and eat sand if he heard movement inside his ship.

As for what Zen might likely see from the sides, there'd be little to see aside from a couple dark bedrooms, a functional but messy kitchen, and a bathroom, while the rest mainly let view into the halls on the sides that were unremarkable in aestethics as they shared the same rustic look as the ship on the outside. He might also see rune markings here and there engraved in the walls flickering to show something was damaged or not working right.
Back to top Go down
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 3:24 pm

"I'm not sure to much on where we are sir, I was more dumped here with little more than what i have on my person and a day or so's worth of food" the festral said as she landed softly on the deck. "as for factions I'm not sure what you mean but i am a member of the Mani blacksmith's guild in Lopenmark, the Calso merchants guild in Canterbury, the Kanny mechanics guild of the same origins and the Rono tailors guild of Cloppensted. if you contact them they will verify my reliability." the 5'3" mare walked to the stallion and bowed in respect, "my name is lightning blast, as you heard I'm a mechanic and mechanical engineer, as defined by my guild membership, I truly only wish to help." she stated before she straightened up. she looked around to clarify the positions of all the other ponies then looked back to the stallion.

lightning stood now with broad shoulders, and a blacksmiths stance she was wearing black glove and although her face seemed young still, it was worked well and hard and wore an eye patch over her left eye. her clothes wreaked of oil and black smoke from the failed engine of her own craft.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGamer

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 9:01 am

The mare pulled herself onto the deck to meet its occupant, giving her friendliest smile. “Well hi there. My name’s Frosty Works, but everyone calls me Frosty, or Ms Works, of sometimes Gearbutt… Bah, I’m rambling.” She took a breath. “If you’re looking for someone to fix that engine of yours, I’d be more than glad to. Engines are my specialty, after all. As for factions, can’t say I am. My last job was on a cargo ship before they were raided by pirates, so I’m kinda stuck here.” She said. While she looked friendly enough, she held herself - and her wrench - like a mare who had a more than fair amount of experience in her long career as a mechanic.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 1:54 pm

"Alright alright, ya caught me," Zen said as his wings brought him up to the point where he was visible to the ponies on the deck though he himself was still hovering over the open waters. His hands were up innocently to show that the blue pegasus stallion in his red trench coat and red, wide brimmed, pointed hat wasn't wielding any weapon, nor did he have one attached to the belt that was tightly wrapped around the waist of some rather billowy black trousers whose outward billow ended at the knee where some black boots and silvery metal plated armor started. There was a bandoleer set strap across his chest as well, but it too was bare on the deep purple shirt that served to cover his chest.

"Though I will say," Zen continued while letting his hands fall to his sides. "Accusing one of thievery well before the notion has even entered the mind is a sour way to start any kind of talks, so why don't we calm down a little and I'll be the first to welcome you I suppose," Zen talked as he hovered finally over the ship and towards the little island he'd been hanging around this day. "Welcome to Rose Nest, a far cry from heaven but at least here the angels seem to have a knack for fixing engines," he added at the end with a grin towards the two machinist who'd already boarded the ship and a curious glance to the pony who was rapidly approaching.

"Anyways," he began again while turning away from the mare who'd be at and/or on the ship momentarily. "What kind of trouble did you get in that'd cost your ship it's balloon?" Zen asked as he looked up and down the length of the ship and then out towards the sea to see if he could spot the mass of tan or white, or even other colors that'd be a common notice towards a downed balloon still maintaining it's last moments of buoyancy against the surf. He'd heard rumors of the new ship design but had dismissed them as just that, rumors. So when he didn't see any signs of a balloon out in the surf, or signs of the anchoring ropes that usually served to hold such a thing in place, Zen's curiosity nearly doubled, a fact made noticeable by the grin that suddenly appeared on his face. "Or maybe I should be asking what kind of trouble did ya get into that would down a balloonless ship?"
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 6:09 am

"If the cowling is too deformed and heavy to correct by normal means, I have numerous heavy tools that could help with repairs," Viridian says as she comes within range of the stallion and hears his declaration. "And this is the island of Rose Nest, what amounts to a pit stop and minor maintenance station for long-haul airships. I myself want nothing from you and expect nothing of you, because to work on machines is my mien and chief joy."
"By which she means, she loves drawing them," Verde says as she walks up with a backpack full of other tools. "I love to touch them and play with them, improve them and reshape them, mold them to my whims and make them more dangerous to everyone that's not me." She winks at Sugary. "Or more dangerous to people I don't like."
"I doubt that'll give him comfort, dear..."
"I'm here to fix this gorgeous lady, not comfort a ruggedly cute stallion." But Verde smiles to Sugary as she approaches him and the interior of his ship. "So how about it, mister? Let me play with your ship and make it go again?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:58 pm

Sugary had to admit it was odd having such a warm reception so soon after nearly losing his ship, but he had been watching and listening to those before him carefully, looking for any signs of a bluff in their gestures; None of them seemed particularly suspicious to him though as reading others before a conflict helped determine who might be friend or foe, and the group on his deck passed his approval so far. He slowly return the hammer of the gun back where it belonged.

Even if he was the center of attention of so many at once, he could tell who meant to do what, and all the ladies were Greasemonkey angels to him as they all had eagerness to work right away, especially the flirty Verde. He was fairly certain that he was not in a dangerous island by any means so far as his expression eased up somewhat. "... So this is just a random settlement... Fine by me, I could use a place to rest up on... First thing's first though." He looked right towards Zen as he slowly lit up his horn with light to allow for a better view of his face and that of others in the fog. "I'd like to see you keep calm after nearly losing your house in a surprise attack... And I promise to explain that as best as I can soon enough... Also, would you rather I wait till I catch a Thief red handed? I'd sooner ward threats off first than seek to chop sticky fingers in the act. But I digress." He then looked to the whole group, his voice having been more passive as he spoke more and more. "If you lot are so willing to have a look at my precious, then I can't very well keep rejecting help, now can I? I just want you to remember something..." He stepped out of the doorframe a bit, being mindful of Verde being close, and carefully tossed the oversized harpoon onto the deck with a loud and heavy thud, and then pointed to it. "... That thing went right through part of the hull and engine... And that's just the one I managed to take with me as a souvenir. It pains me to say this, but I don't foresee fixing as an option. You'll see once I show the engine room. Just... follow me carefully while I light up the path properly. I just need a minute..."

He'd leave the door open and the harpoon for all to see and follow at their leisure, but what he would do for the others was to use his magic in certain spots in the hall towards the living quarters to let others see. The large storage room in the center of the ship was a bit of a mess, yet was still mainly organized as not everything was knocked down. There were a few cracks her and there, but the old ship was quite sturdy all around for the most part and was in no danger of collapsing on itself despite the damages it took. The rooms, kitchen, and bathroom themselves were cozy and practical; Neither ornamented, nor lacking in usable space even if it might be cramped for the entire group all at once. Once he led the group further downstairs, his mood seemed to change as his expression looked a bit more sad once he lit up the entire engine room. It was clear this area had gotten the worst treatment of the entire ship, as a few large holes were in the chaotic room where scrap metal, wood, broken parts, and some bullets shots were scattered all over. He seemed particularly distraught as he looked and pointed to the engine itself which could hardly even be called an engine any more. About the only thing that remained worth noting was a well polished and symmetrically shaped stone that was brimming with magic behind what was once thick glass, now broken as the partially connected stone lent a very weak amount of energy to the metallic roots running through the room. Many of the runic conduits were either broken or shattered though, gears were cracked and knocked out of place, and the large complex engine system itself had been pierced with large holes that showed chunks of it had been literally ripped off for good. "... I wish I knew who clipped my wings, but I'm just not sure what to make of them... It was a total of three ships. One airship, and two seafaring ones... I'd say they were pirates, but they operated far too effectively for a standard crew of outlaws. They were fast, efficient, and if I hadn't protected myself and escaped on time, deadly. I don't know what they wanted, but they shot harpoon cannons right at my ship from below since the start, so I doubt they wanted me to survive at all, let alone escape. I'm grateful the Black Mambo held as well as she did, because they went right for her heart since the beginning, and they were relentless since... Before I managed to shake off the chains and chasers with my magic, I did get a good look at the one mouthing off all the orders... He lookedlike a Royal Guard, but he had white painted royal armor. He was gray with white mane, and looked fairly aged... I really don't know what their deal was. I don't recall ever messing with the guards directly, and the same goes for pirates. Yeah, I've done some dirty work in the area, but it's usually smuggling key supplies between settlements. Don't know who would bother coming after me with such a force just for that... I can tell you this though, I hope I get a chance to meet that Commander of theirs 1 on 1. See for myself if he's half as tough when he's fighting on his own..." The last part he spoke with a fair bit of disdain mostly to himself before closing his eyes in thought for a moment and looking at the group. "... I'll do what I can to repay you back even if you just fix what isn't lost. The world might be a mess, but I still got standards... Anyway, if any of you need anything, I'll be right upstairs on the bridge. Need to make sure the instruments there aren't too busted... Oh, and the names Market. Sugary Market..." He would actually keep very wary of the group still, but he figured he had to spare some trust while he could as he went up...
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 7:47 am

On the beach of the island some ponies had given curious glances to the crashed airship but most had dispersed after getting a luck, half-disappointed that the captain had survived and that a group of apparently helpful ponies had gotten to it first; that meant any chance of looting anything worthwhile from the ship before the captain noticed was slim to none.

A pony in a bright white and gold veil was watching them on the beach still; it was impossible to say what race or even gender they were, though one had to assume female from the veil at least. Some foals were also playing on the far end of the beach, seemingly not caring at all about the Black Mambo's predicament or how it had even gotten there to begin with. The ponies who had seen it but not been around when Sugary explained seemed more to be gossiping about whether it had been a pirate crash, engine failure, a drunk pilot or some other issue that had caused the crash.

"I'm gonna have to charge you for.... mooring your... boat..." The voice trailed off; from down below they could see a royal guard, a rare sight these days, looking up at the airship, obviously completely baffled; he was holding a notepad, presumably to try and force Sugary to pay the parking fee.

"I'll, uh, just leave you be." He decided with a quick nod and walked off, muttering something that sounded rather distinctly like "I need a vacation".
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:06 am

As the third and fourth mechanics climb up onto the ship, Zen took to hovering nearby to where he offered a hand to help with her climbing up onto the deck. Whether they took it or not, Zen would chuckle at Sugary's responses and at his own poor timing. "Hehehe, alright so maybe that was in bad tastes, sorry, maybe this island is just making me a little too relaxed, hehehe," Zen replied with a chuckle.

As Sugary led the group down the steps and into the heart of the ship though, Zen shrugged and simply continued hovering up on the deck. "You all go on ahead, I'm not quite the expert on the mechanical aspects and such of airships," Zen added while he moved towards the port side of the ship and looked out to see what he could see and listening to what the guard was saying down on the beach.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 6:59 am

Viridian and Verde both follow Sugary down through the corridors and into the heart of his ship. As they go, they occasionally pause to look at a hole or some stray damage, their gazes meeting often as they seemed to communicate silently in a way that strongly suggested they tended to think a lot alike and didn't need to say things to have a discussion. When they reach the chamber with the magical stone in it, all silent communication goes out the window as they look awed at the device.
"What... is that?" Viridian asks in wonder. "It's pulsating magic and on a fairly regular rhythm, almost like..."
"...an electrical frequency," Verde finishes with a nod. "It's the power source of your vessel, isn't it? You have pipes for it so I assume so."
"Question is, Mister Market, is the stone damaged or is it merely the chamber? Because to restore a ship in this condition would be quite the project." Viridian's eyes seem to glow with relish. "A challenge, a true challenge. Turn this wreck back into an airship."
"It'll take considerable amounts of scrap," Verde points out.
"Worth it," Viridian counters. "In fact... Mister Market, do you know the capabilities of your stone? What sort of infrastructure it can support? Because it seems to me that your wreck is an opportunity to expand your vessel considerably. Armor it, make things redundant, make it larger, refine its aerodynamic properties, maybe even devise extra armaments. You have a fantastic frame and solid interior. The engineering work appears exquisite and constitutes the ideal base form."
"Glad you love your projects too, Mum." Verde grins as she looks around. "So whatcha say, handsome? Fix her up and upgrade at the same time?"
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGamer

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 8:24 am

Frosty looked at the harpoon and inwardly cringed. “I’d hate for that to be aimed at me…” Following Sugary into the engine room, she looked at the damages caused to the poor ship and felt a twinge of sadness that such a beautiful airship undertook such a merciless beating. The engine itself especially. Looking at it, she immediately know there was no fixing that, as the stallion had already said. “Looks like your wings were a bit more than clipped.” She said, then turned to the mother-daughter duo. “Alright, if you two don’t mind, I’m gonna try and salvage what I can from the engine. It may not be fixable, but anything I can save will be one less piece we have to find elsewhere. I’d also love the chance to build a new engine if we can’t find a full replacement. I love challenges.”

Walking over to the remains of the engine, she crouched down to examine it hands-on. Having spent many days in the past disassembling and reassembling engines of various types to keep her skills honed and tested, she knew her way around engines, and could tell if anything was salvageable. Pulling out her mallet and wrench, she began pulling out loose pieces of the engine. As she pulled each small piece from the engine, she put it into a pile beside her. Using her tools, she then started moving and pulling off larger pieces from the engine. “Whew, this could take a while. I live for this though, so I don't mind.”
Back to top Go down
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 10:38 pm

lightning followed willingly down to the engine chamber, noting all the damge she saw in her head as best she could.once she looked at the two mare that would appear to be mother and daughter. "the stone is still useble."she interjected when they were finished speaking not wanting to intrude or interupt. "its a Levistone, those pipes are actually conduits but you have the right idea they do ferry the magic around the ship but its not a power source, its how the ship flies. the magic, if i have this right gives the ship boiency and im sure it could take the sort of thing you are planning, i used to make moddles of engines and systems like this, and i gotta tell ya, it's a hell of a thrill to see the real parts up close, but thats not whats important." she said as she turned to frosty "the main engine, I'm happy to work on engine reasembly in a bit if thats ok with you".
she turned back to the duo "to armour up this ship would be a task and a half, but I'll help if I can." she said looking with an optamistic smile to owner of the once proud ship. "i did notice a fair bit of harm to the hull tho, that would want patching up too, i think this is do-able but as said it will take a fair bit of time. but I'll work my hardest to see her fly again i swear. but first ima empty this engine and remove the working valves" she finally concluded. she moved to the engine, got on her knees and started grabing chunks of debris an such out of the hole/holes. she stopped and paused. "oh damn!we need to follow and check the flight conduits, if there are holes, that could be deadly for us and... im pointing out the obviouse never mind" she said getting back to her work of emptying of the engine and disasebeling of the filters and valves.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 2:28 am

Sugary had no problem with Zen right away; He wasn't looking for more trouble, and if the red hatted one wasn't there to steal anything, then he had nothing to worry over. As the pegasi stallion went outside, he couldn't help but look at the clothes he wore more closely with light nostalgia. "It almost looks like the Red Mage's attire... Coincidence...?" As he mused on the thought, he turned his attention to the Greasemonkey Angels.

Viridian and Verde were a fascinating, ambitious, and experienced duo right away as far as he could tell, Frosty seemed to have the most levelheaded and practical approach and attitude, while Lightning seemed to be following more of a textbook approach as she listed what was what in an orderly fashion. He smiled, and turned back to listen to each of them, optimistic that his ship was in good hands. He even felt a tad overwhelmed by their suggestions, particularly the mother/daughter duo. "Oh my... I'm glad you have such a strong drive, but there's just not much point in making a battleship out of this old gal right now. I don't exactly have a proper crew for that kind of ship. I barely run this one by myself as is. As much as I'd love to go guns blazing against the scourge of the open seas, I think just fixing the ship will be enough... Let me explain about the Levistone as best as I can at least. It's the most important component of this ship, since its properties allow the ship to defy gravity. The engine and the conduits were designed to propagate said properties evenly... Unfortunately, the other two big components of the engine are gone. The steam mechanics for powering the ship rotors and some of the electronics via motor power was ripped off... As for the Ether system, it was meant to fully assimilate the Levistone and latent energies to distribute the power for proper output, but that was busted up... The stone itself won't get much done unless the hybrid system is fully restored. And I do mean fully, but getting the proper parts... Ah... Anyway, the stone is fine. And it's a rough guess, but even a ship three times as big as this one could probably fly well with that stone so long as enough energy to compensate for the size is distributed well... I think... Listen, I'm not an expert on battleship mechanics. Also, if you really want more to work with, there's a blueprint copy of the ship inside that toolbox." He'd point to a solid box in a safe corner what wasn't badly tampered with. "Now I need to get to the bridge. See what else needs replacing up there..." And this time, he'd make way towards the bridge, more of a hurry in his step this time as the controls were just as important to look after as the rest of the ship.

He'd be tempted to look out the window towards the small crowd as he took out a few parts for examination, wary of the guard, looking at the kids, and gazing over the distance towards what he thought was an odd veiled figure. Something about the way it was dressed got his attention the more he tried to focus past the fog towards it. "... Is that being really there...? Or is it a ghost...?" He'd also look at how the propellers outside were faring, but they would require an up close inspection to make sure they were in full working condition or not later.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 1:57 am

In the time that the small group had wandered down into the ship, inspected the engine, and then the first one to return, Zen had already flown about the length of the ship, checked out some of the damages that'd been inflicted, and returned his attention to the ponies on the ground. The guard seemed to have wandered off, as well as most of the others. Finding nothing particularly interesting there, Zen turned his attention back to the harpoon that was still lying on the deck of the ship.

Flying over and picking up the hefty projectile, Zen began to inspect it for something that might have shown where it'd come from. Any kind of signature marking or tell-tale mod that'd make a connection easier to establish. Zen also kept glancing out to the sea, half expecting to see the ship that'd loosed such projectiles closing in to finish the job. "So no clue at all who'd want you out of the sky? Weren't flying someplace you weren't supposed to by any chance, were ya?" Zen asked aloud and hopefully loud enough that Sugary could hear him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:06 am

While slowly organizing the bridge more, as well as using some candles to light it up for better work, Sugary heard Zen from out the window, and looked over to him to answer as best as he could. "Like I said, I was just traveling as per usual. Unless someone was very vengeful about my smuggling, you'd think I was attacked by the NAVY... Really, only the airship was easy enough to see out of the three, and even that's a stretch. The was nothing about the ships that really stood out aside from their Commander, the fact they were really organized, and well armed... Listen, I'll be the first to admit smuggling's not the most law abiding work, but someone's gotta do it... I just can't figure out what kind of group was it. I'd tell you more if I could..."

Once he was done talking, he'd then test out a feature in his ship using his own magic, and intricate placement of certain tubes. He picked one near the main controls that let him speak to others, and so he chose a pipe that should allow his voice to metalically echo to the engine room if it wasn't severely damaged. "Hey, gals? Sugary here from the bridge... I'm gonna try and test just how much of the conduits are working from here..." Lightly flaring his horn, he'd place his hands on a couple of rods by his controls that allowed him to spread his magic right onto the ship without having to focus as much. The purpose of it all, was to simply power the regular lamps and lights in every room using his own magic, lighting up in yellow in each room where the conduits were working right, flickering were they were damaged, and remaining mostly dead where broken. The bridge mostly worked, the deck lights flickered weakly, the living quarters near the bow of the ship worked fine, the storage room and halls flickered somewhat, while the lower back of the ship where the engine had been would spark with harmless magic being used for nothing at best. If nothing else, it was easier to see inside by now for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:57 am

"Heh, well it's not like I can expect ya to really be playing that close attention while being shot at," Zen replied while looking about the harpoon some more before just tucking it into his coat. In truth, he was stowing it inside the pocket dimension but the little showy trick of sticking larger objects into his coat without creating any kind of bulge or distortion in his coat was something he enjoyed. Never the less, with the projectile hidden away Zen continued aimlessly flying around the ship. "So a one man flown ship? How long has that been going on?" He asked afterwards partially to keep conversation going, and partially so he could find out a bit more about the mysterious vessel.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 2:56 am

"Oh, we realize that we can't convert this into an actual warship immediately," Viridian says. "But it seems like a good eventual goal. It appears that your propulsion system is unique and your power system would be perfect to support the needs of an airship that can do more serious battle. But yes, concentrate on repair of the existing structure and infrastructure and then concern ourselves with upgrades."
"Aww..." Verde made pouty lips in the direction of her mother.
Viridian smiles before up at the pipe that Sugary's voice was coming from. "We think we can roughly tool the parts to repair your internal systems, Mister Market, and there're enough scrap piles that we can make armored patches over the breaches. At bare minimum, we can try to reinforce the internal structure to support future upgrades."
"Oooh... tooling parts and reinforcing structure." Verde grins. "I like the sound of this."
Back to top Go down
StrawberryGamer

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 6:40 am

Frosty frowned as she saw Lightning try and tear apart the engine. She saw inefficiency in the work this youth did, and was quick to stop her. “Hold it, Miss Blast, was it? Yeah. If you’re going to dismantle an engine in this shape, you don’t want to be so quick to just rip the thing apart. Sure, the loose pieces of scrap may seem perfectly safe to yank out willy-nilly, but take a look at this.” She pointed to one of the pieces sticking out of the engine. “Watch.” She grabbed it and pushed it in, then grabbed the piece that was above it and lifted it with her strong arms, showing that the piece she pushed in was actually a loose pipe that broke and dislodged itself. “Now that would have been tricky to just yank out as it is.” Carefully pulling the pipe out, she examines it a bit further. “Hmm… Perhaps I can make some use out of this.” She puts the pipe in her pile of removed scrap metal, then continues pulling apart the engine, watching or any and all parts that may still have a use and using more careful removal tactics on them.
Back to top Go down
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Lightning cringed at the 'mechanic' trying to teach her methodical thinking and the absolute basics of leverage and levers. The hand she had within the engine already to pick the random debris now had rice sized pieces of metal stuck to it. Using her relatively largish force, she was able to force the bigger chunks out of the way, while her right hand was covered in iron filings standing on end. It would seem like she had magnets under her gloves.

"Well, I'm sorta surprised that a mare that's meant to be at least somewhat knowledgeable about mechanics seeing as you offered to work on the engine, would treat such basic thinking as a revolutionary idea. The fact is it's not like I'm just pulling bits out willy-nilly and not all of it is wedged in there. Some of it could be removed to avoid injury, I'm not sure if you've ever cut your hand open in a broken engine, but I can tell you, it's not nice. On top of that, a part is wedged with another, due to the risk of slipping I'd rather not risk that."

Lightning then took a moment to take a breath and stop herself shaking. "It seems most of the pipes are twenty-eight mil, which is standard size so I can just grab some of the pipe from my little wreck. I can head there and start dissassembling parts to bring over," she said to herself. The magnitism had weakend now and she was able to actually get the larger pieces off her arms. Once free of the main steel and iron parts, she left the room and headed to the bridge of the ship to find it's owner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)   Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pirates and Airships and Legends (Oh My!)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next