OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Manor on the hill

Go down 
+3
Nicole Evermore
Cynicalwhovian
Zen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zen

Zen

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:20 pm

It was a dark and stormy night, and all of you were caught out in it. The carriage broke down and you've not a way to repair it. The storm is raging, the winds howling, rain pounding, and the lightning scars the darkened sky. The dark of night combined with the storm all but destroys any hope of seeing much of anything down either side of the road. Just as the last vestiges of hope for finding help start to disappear, a light appears in the storm. None of you can remember if it was there this whole time, or just suddenly appeared, but there the glow shines and cuts through the storm and dark as if a lighthouse upon the shore.

Going towards the distinctive light, a large shape can gradually begin to be made out, that of a large building with the lights coming from a few of it's windows. It's towering form is staggering before you, and while few details can be made out in the chaos of the nighttime squall it's intricate and stunning design isn't lost. As one reaches up to use the old stylized large knocker, the massive doors creek open. Inside there is warmth, light, a large entryway complete with 2 doors on either side and a large staircase leading up right before you all. Stepping in out of the cold wet rain, the door slams shut behind you all and doesn't budge to any attempt to open it. No figure steps forward to greet you, and nothing audibly changes from the sounds of the pounding rain, wind, and lightning. With nothing more to do, the storm showing no signs of letting up, and the night having just begun, what will you all do now?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome one and all to yet another Zen-brand game. Well pretty fun little setup here, we've got an interesting little game full of mystery, intrigue, horror, and... MURDER?!?!?! Yes actually, one of you fine people who sign up for this game will for all intents and purposes, betray all the other players. How, why, when, and so on will all be determined partially by me and partially by your actions/interaction, so no calling dips on it.

Though I will say this now, I AM ONLY TAKING FIVE PEOPLE INTO THIS GAME! It WON'T be done on first come first serve basis, it'll be done through randomness.

Secondly, this game will be moving along fairly quickly in comparison to my others. I WILL BE UPDATING IT EVERY 2-3 DAYS at the latest, (excluding if I have an event or something in which case, I will make a post notifying everyone of the delay). If you haven't posted in that time frame, it'll be assumed your character is searching/scouring a room, paralyzed in fear, or standing their boredly picking their nose. Also, if for some reason, one of you, the players, have to leave for a while, let me know and we'll work something out.

Now, along with the potential for death, gear and weapons will likely be restricted/not present at the start. There are things in the manor to retrieve, you don't need to bring your own. On a related note, magic will not be able to do anything and everything in this thread. If your character has un-challenged magical ability, it will be weakened to a level that works in the manor, or suppressed to a point where it does not break the game.

And lastly, this is partially meant as a crossover from the board game, the "Betrayal at the house on the hill", though obviously some things will be modified and so on. So if you've played the game before, yay, but if not, then don't worry, I'm meaning to run this to be fun and fairly new player friendly. Alright, now that that is all out of the way, let's have some fun.

Last edited by Zen on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cynicalwhovian

Cynicalwhovian

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 7:01 pm

Cotton if there is a healing character, Dust if there isn't.
Back to top Go down
Nicole Evermore

Nicole Evermore

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Nicole 'Column Hooves' Evermore is happy to join in.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 2:29 pm

Well, I like the game so I'll sign Lightning Storm up for this
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 2:38 pm

Okay, this has my murder/mystery boner. I'm signing up Poisoned Coil as a stage magician, meaning his magic is limited to simple tricks.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 pm

I'll go with standard and use my well-used Griff, limiting his magic to Sabre-tooth tiger and snake transformations only and no healing abilities.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 3:23 pm

GAME IS LIVE HERE!
Back to top Go down
Hanna Lovelace

Hanna Lovelace

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 12:19 am

I'd like to enter Hanna as a healer/ DPS. I'm limiting her magic to basic elemental/ healing to nerf her abilities.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 5:39 am

Sounds good, gear will also be restricted though as it's stated, but past that, I think we're fine. Feel free to join in after this update
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manor on the hill
Page 1 of 1