OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Manor on the hill

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zen

Zen

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 3:21 pm

(Picking up right where the signup left off...)

The sound of the large doors slamming shut lightly echoes outward into the entryway, foyer, and staircase past them all. The ornately designed candle sticks adorning the walls provided adequate light to see by, but it was lightly flickering by the nature of the candle's flame. The hardwood that made up the floors and walls looked strong, sturdy, but quite old. On the walls were a few portraits of ponies in very formal but rather older styled clothing, each one with a serious and unsmiling face. The banister for the stairs was also rather ornately carved and easily added to the elaborate and elegant design of the manor.

Still though, the doors everypony had taken to enter this manor refused to open despite any and all attempts. And to make matters more suspicious any capable of teleportation would find conjuring the magic to even attempt such a feat impossible, let alone trying to cast the spell which would only result in a small and rather unimpressive sprinkle of magic sparkles around one's horn or other magic focal point. That however didn't mean everyone was trapped in just this first room as the stairway to the north did in fact lead up to another landing, and if any were to ascend it, they would find four doors, one in each direction. Back on the first floor, there were also doors leading to the east and west in both the entryway and the foyer. To any trying to open any of these doors, one would find only a minute amount of resistance before the aged wood would creak open, revealing a dark room beyond.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so the game is up and it's time to begin exploring and gathering up things. As stated in the signup, your character is without their gear, and their magic may be restricted or just not work against some of the things in this manor. When it comes to actually exploring, just have your character enter a room, and please state from which direction (North, East, West, or South) as this manor will likely become very maze like very quickly and I need to keep track of which rooms lead where and how things are connected, but once they enter, I'll give a description of what happens as illumination comes after a character has entered the room. Any further questions or concerns can be passed to me via PM or Skype.
Back to top Go down
Nicole Evermore

Nicole Evermore

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Niccy looks at the others. "Well, nothing gained just sitting here I guess. I'll take the east door here."

She walks over and opens the door, stepping inside.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 3:39 pm

Griff looked around as they entered the manor, seemingly in a very grumpily mood. "My gear... lost it all..." he said to himself, angered at the storm. "Well, this manor is not something that I'd trust completely, so I'd say we stick in a group for now." he said and began walking after Niccy. "Though why does it look abandoned.... This bugs me a lot."

Cynicalwhovian

Cynicalwhovian

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 9:57 pm

She frowned, lighting her horn pre-emptively. "Well... this is a thing. Maybe just some kind of elaborate prank?"

She heads for the west door. "Try to go in groups of two. Any volunteers to go with me?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 3:36 pm

Lightning was still fiddling with the door handle and doing his best to simply twist the damn thing off. His efforts were in vain and decided to explore the house some more in order to find some way to leave that creepy house. The stallion sighed and grumbled to himself and glanced over at the mare. "How about we stay together? The idea of us separating in what looks to be a real haunted house doesn't sound like a good idea." He said, not putting that idea as unreasonable after all the crazy things that had been happening in Equestria recently.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 1:06 am

Strangely enough, as the group went their ways and opened the doors, it was as if some ethereal force seemed to pull them into the room before the door shut behind them. Any that didn't enter a room would find themselves still in the entryway, now a few members shorter.

Niccy and Griff would find themselves in a high vaulted ceiling ballroom, complete with columns and an elaborate chandelier. They wouldn't have long to view it though as the lighting in the room suddenly darkened to black, so dark that neither could see the other. Then while bathed in the darkness, both would feel something suddenly land on their back, and then the horrid sensation of whatever it was begin to go through their body, as if the thing was just physically existent enough to be able to know it was there and that it was pass through their bodies.

Dust would have quite a different experience as she entered into the other door. She would find herself in a large art gallery, filled with paintings of various noble looking ponies in various poses. After the door slammed shut behind her, the paintings all seemed to look at her with various angry or upset expressions. As one, all of them began to walk forward until they came into contact with the edge of the picture frame, and then they seemed to start walking out of it. Though as they stepped out of the pictures, their bodies changed to vaguely pony shaped masses of black, downward flowing ink with malicious smiles and evil looking eyes. They began moving towards Dust, wet plops from their steps grew louder as they continued stepping forward.

Now might be as good a time as ever to mention that the doors that Griff and Niccy, and Dust opened, the same ones that slammed shut, are not opening to whatever is thrown at them and no matter how hard one tugs on them. Leaving Lightning and whoever else unable to assist or even know what was going on as sounds didn't seem to pass through the doors or walls.
Back to top Go down
Nicole Evermore

Nicole Evermore

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 2:09 pm

"Aaaaaah! Get it off! Get it off!" Niccy screams as she feels the weight hit, then phase through her body. She spins in a circle, trying to light her horn to see what's happening.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Poisoned Coil was still looking around the foyer, and double checked the door, making sure it was locked before uttering a foreign curse under his breath. "I don't think we all have the same ideas, now do we?" He said as he departed from Lightning, heading up the stairs and to the landing on the second floor, looking at all the doors, before taking the east door, opening it with simple mage grip.

Xereth

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 10:38 pm

Griff swiftly turned into his sabretooth tiger form the moment it became dark in the room, wanting to see at least something with his cat's night vision. "Dark rooms.. good thing I can use this.." he growled out in his tiger form before he felt something on the back. He was already tense when entering the room, and the sudden force startled him greatly. He growled and turned around, trying to see what got into him.

Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 11:07 pm

The stallion groaned as everyone just left and went on their own or at least a little smarter and went in pairs. Then, as Coil left, the grey stallion suddenly got an uneasy feeling about things. He rushed to the door what Dust had went into and frantically tried to open the door with no avail. He slammed his body into it and hoped to get the door to budge, but with it standing strong against him. He didn't know what was going on at this point and paced around before suddenly rushing to that door in an attempt to open that one. There has to be a way to open these doors, right? He had to get some sort of response, he couldn't just leave them there and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Cynicalwhovian

Cynicalwhovian

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 7:39 pm

"Shit!" Dust yelped, starting to look for another exit. "Now, hold on," she said, her horn glowing pre-emptively. "Who are you ponies? Are you sentient? I'm not here to harm you...."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 8:00 pm

As Niccy's horn lit up, and Griff transformed into the other form, the lights suddenly turned back on and no source of the alien touch could be seen. They were once more in the ornate and spacious ballroom. The door way they had entered from, which coincidentally was the same one that Lightning was currently pounding on suddenly opened and allowed Lightning to enter, offering up no explanation as to why the door had remained shut or why it'd suddenly opened. There were however some more doors in this room, one on the far side, and one to the left.

Dust's calls to the ponies proved to be futile as they didn't even seem to acknowledge her voiced protest. Instead, the lot of them suddenly lunged forward, splashing onto Dust wetly and coating her in the thick choking ink. It engulfed her, submerging her in that black ink and starting to drown her. And then it was just gone. No trace of the ink, not even the remotest of difficulties breathing. There were no traces of the ink where it'd been, nor any on the floor, and even the pictures looked normal and as they had when Dust had first entered. There were three more sets of door in this room, one directly across, one to the left and another to the right. Also, if Blade or Dust were to try the doors now that the ink things were gone, they'd find the doors open without any resistance.

Coil would find himself in something akin to a bedroom, though the sparse decorations only painted it as a guest or lesser bedroom and not the master. Similar to before, the door slammed shut behind him, trapping him inside the room for the moment with whatever the sheets were covering. It looked vaguely pony like and a few moments after the door shut and locked, Coil would find the 'head' of the figure seem to roll over under the sheets. A hollow, weak, and fragile voice called out to Coil saying, "hello? Is that you dear? Have you finally finished your business?"
Back to top Go down
Nicole Evermore

Nicole Evermore

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 pm

Niccy pats herself down, frantically looking around the room for her assailants. She's breathing heavily, heart pounding and adrenaline running through her veins. "Did anyone else feel that?! Oh Celestia what was it?" After scanning the room fully, she calms down, breathing heavily though as she sits down on her haunches, doing a small breathing exercise.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 10:26 am

Griff sighed in relief as the lights turned back on and the foreign force was gone. He turned to Niccy and shrugged. "If you mean the thing that entered me through the back.. yes, I felt it too. Very unusual, as if it were some sort of spirit.. but for both of us? That can't be good." he said as he first looked at the door behind them that they entered through and then around the room, only slightly panting from the sudden adrenaline rush.

Zen

Zen

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 7:10 am

Griff and Niccy: The ballroom continued to just be as it was. Nothing moved aside from them, and nothing seemed out of place, or at least nothing did in the setting of the old manor. The doors remained where they were now.

Dust: The art gallery also appeared normal now, with the pictures still standing on the walls and just starring outward like pictures always did. Nothing in the room stirred aside from Dust for now. The doors remained where they were.

Lightning and Hannah: Back in the entryway, Lightning and Hannah were still left in this area, and any door they tried would open currently aside from the upstairs door on the left that Coil was currently inside. The lighting didn't flicker or change even with the horrible weather happening outside, and surprisingly enough, the sounds of the storm didn't manage to pierce into the building either.

Coil: The figure under the bed sheets very slowly began to sit up, though the sheets continued to obscure it as it looked towards Coil's position with the sheet still covering it. "Dear, why are you not coming to bed?"
Back to top Go down
Nicole Evermore

Nicole Evermore

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 3:59 pm

Niccy nods to Griff. "I think we should return to the main hall. Maybe somep- someone else experienced something similar." She turns and exits the ballroom, still twitching every few seconds while nervously glancing around. "I personally am starting to think exploring was a bad idea... but I guess the key for the front door has to be around here somewhere..."
Back to top Go down
Hanna Lovelace

Hanna Lovelace

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 5:14 pm

Hanna was fascinated by the architecture of the manor. She noticed a frantic gray stallion trying all the doors, as if he was trying to find someone or something. "Excuse me sir. do you need help?" Hanna came up and put her hoof on his shoulder to attempt to calm him down.

Manor on the hill Chen-Ran-chen-yakumo-32376551-1500-938
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Griff nodded and transformed back into his pony form before Niccy opened doors behind them again and then followed her out. "Well, I think so too.." he attempted scratching the part of his back where he felt the dark essence. "But the key has to be somewhere, and I very much doubt it's in the main hall. It almost seems like this is a neatly placed trap." He commented and looked at the grey stallion. "This house is possessed." he simply said, sighed and sat down next to Niccy. "Hold on a moment, I just need a minute to get my head around what just happened to us."

Hanna Lovelace

Hanna Lovelace

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 6:15 pm

Hanna felt an odd presence the longer she stayed in the mansion, the mansion has a lot of magical feedback. "Something within this mansion is giving off an aura, but I don't know where since it is everywhere." Hanna started to feel scared from the silence and ran into someone.

Manor on the hill Chen-Ran-chen-yakumo-32376551-1500-938
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 2:40 am

Coil would find himself at an odd crossroad. He was unsure what was under the covers, but knew that something didn't quite feel right. He quietly casted a barrier spell on himself, before moving closer to the figure under the covers, prepared to fling himself away at the first sign of trouble. He spoke softly, but clearly. "Ma'am....I don't think I'm the pony you think I am...please don't strain yourself getting up on account of me."

Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 10:45 am

Lightning had managed to open the doors when the other pony questioned him. His body reacted and he simply opened the door to look at his spooked comrades. The mention of the haunted house only made him laugh. "Ya think?" He said sarcastically. "But, I'm happy that you guys are alright. I'm just gonna go and check on Dust." He said before leaving the two be and leaving the door as open as it could be. Then, he would notice Hanna for the first time. He placed a hoof onto her shoulder. "I think everyone feels that. He noticed the clashes of lightning outside and the lack of the thunder coming in, making the silence more unnatural than before. "I'm going to go check on Dust." He said before moving to check on the door and check on the status of Dust. "Are you alright?" He asked while opening the door as far as he could. He didn't dare to go outside of the doorway, not wishing to be forced to experience what had just scared them. Lightning didn't notice the lack of thunder that should be filling the building, not having time to notice it due to the sudden amount of weirdness that just happened.
Back to top Go down
Cynicalwhovian

Cynicalwhovian

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 7:51 pm

"Hallucinations... no, illusory magic," Dust murmured, shaking her head and heading for the door on the opposite side of the room.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 5:34 pm

Hanna, Griff, Niccy: Back out in the main hall, the three ponies were free to wander about the long space, or head up the stairs at the far end. The main doors however still wouldn't budge despite any attempts to open them, and what was more worrying, attempts at teleportation magic continued to prove futile, with just an unimpressive showing of sparks to note the casting of any spell. Even though the group couldn't hear it, the storm outside continued to rage.

Lightning: Lightning would enter the room that Dust had gone into, and once again the door slammed shut behind him, though this time it wouldn't resist his attempts to open it if any were made. However, he would only catch the fleeting glace of Dust as she continued on into the next room.

Dust: True to what I'd just said, the doors slammed shut behind Dust, maybe catching a fleeting glimpse of Lightning before he was sealed off into the prior room by the doors that refused to budge. The new room that Dust would find herself in was largely empty, in fact, it was painfully bare of anything except a crystal ball sitting perfectly still in the exact center of the room. Also inside the room was one extra set of doors to the right, but these refused to open for the moment as well.
(OOG: Cyn, if you could please choose a number between 1-20 with your next post, that'd be greatly appreciated)

Coil: "You.... you aren't my dear," the voice spoke with a little more force as it continued to look at Coil. "IMPOSTER!" the figure suddenly bellowed as the sheets were ripped away from the figure, revealing a skeletal corpse of a pony with two brightly blazing eyes. The thing let out a nightmarish roar before suddenly flying at Coil, suddenly pointed teeth open in a fearful looking bite. Though when contact was made, either by the thing landing it's lunge-like attack, or Coil trying to bat it away, Coil would find only the sheet encompassing him.
Back to top Go down
Nicole Evermore

Nicole Evermore

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 8:38 pm

Niccy looks around. "Should we try to go find the others? Perhaps we should follow Lightning?" She gets to her hooves shakily. She walks over to the door that lightning went through and pushes it open. She peers into the room, beckoning the others to follow her.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 9:37 am

Griff continued sitting, collecting his thoughts, before finally standing up and nodding. He walked up to Niccy slowly and carefully, before walking into the room where Lightning went, making sure to look around and be extra careful. "How about we block the doors with something so they won't completely close on us?

Sponsored content

Manor on the hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manor on the hill   Manor on the hill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manor on the hill
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next