OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Ician

Ician

The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:29 am

"The nobles were just asking me about the events of today and yesterday." Celestia gestured to the Court. "Perhaps you would like to explain? Starting with the protests."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:32 am

"The protests? Why, they were from some of the ponies who were concerned about the newly introduced law regarding the search for weapons. Nothing too serious."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:34 am

"A law, might I say, that was passed without the consent of much of the Court." Spat one of the nobles.

"But the majority." Plant, from her corner of the Court, cut in. "Unless you suggest that we ought to cater to the wishes of the minority?"

The noble grudgingly moved on. "And what of today? Changeling diplomats coming, waving flags of peace?"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:36 am

"Indeed. We have forged a peace treaty with them that will see unity of our two nations. Is that a problem?"
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:37 am

"Yes, because we're talking about the changelings." The noble said irritably. "Why are we even acceding to peace? We ought to overrun them and subdue them! That's the least they deserve for invading Canterlot."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:38 am

"How small minded are you?" Paladin stood up slowly, stretching his body out. "We should forgive and move on, not dwell on the past."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:40 am

The noble stood up as well, but quickly. "We spent millions of bits on the repair of infrastructure after the invasion. They ought to refund us this amount, at the very least!"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:43 am

"Or, we could be the bigger pony, and move on."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:45 am

"It would be an act of the most appalling financial and social responsibility," the noble sputtered, "to let this pass! The repair costs came out of the Equestrian taxpayers' pockets! How can that be fair to them?"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:47 am

"Sir, how much do you earn annually?"
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 10:49 am

"That is beside the point." He snapped. "If you are insinuating that I surrender some of my pay, that would be setting a dangerous precedent for the Court. Pay would fall across the board. And lower pay for departmental heads and their advisors would naturally contribute to higher rates of corruption in the Palace!"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:01 am

"Listen. One of greatest military generals fought a war with the griffons long ago. Though parts of Equestria were ravaged, the general did not charge them a bit. Since then, the Griffons have been one of our staunchest allies."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:03 am

"At least the Griffons can be trusted." The noble spat. "But these changelings... these infiltrators... tell me we did not accede to anything else!"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:04 am

"We recognise them as a sovereign nation. And we will start integrating them into our society." Paladin said calmly.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:05 am

His announcement was accompanied by a hall-wide gasp of horror.

"Surely... surely..." The noble stuttered. "Surely you can't be serious!"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:07 am

"Are you so imbecilic? Of course I am serious."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:09 am

"This is appalling! Inconceivable! Unthinkable! I... I..." He shook his head. "You're talking about integrating beings, known to be able to shapeshift and who have had hostile intentions towards us in the past, into our society! This is ludicrous!"

A low murmur of agreement spread throughout the court.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:12 am

"No, actually, it's not. You know what is ludicrous. Alone in this room stand ponies with enough spare bits that they could have repaired Canterlot, abolished most of poverty, and re-enforced bonds with our allies in a week. Instead, they sit on their stubborn little flanks, too busy worrying about profit margins. That is ludicrous, sir."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:16 am

"Precedents!" The noble shouted. "I already said! If even one of us were to surrender their pay, the effect would be across the board by setting a precedent! Corruption would flourish!"

He jabbed a hoof at Paladin. "And see here, the corruption of which I speak! Bringing the changelings into Equestria can only be properly enforced and protected by the Guard! Your department will secure a higher budget and expand to provide for national security, draining the money from the others who need them!"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:20 am

"How would supporting the poor increase corruption?" Paladin deadpanned. "If anything, that is an indication of your own weakness." He walked down the stairs, eyes focussed entirely on the noble, not even paying attention to anything else. "My department, last time I checked, was one of the most efficient. We do not waste bits on anything. Perhaps if you actually trusted someone for once."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:27 am

"You," the noble eyed him with anger, "will siphon funds away from the Equestrian treasury to fund a larger army. You'll need it, if you want to enforce this new integration! The ponies of Equestria will rise up in anger!"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:30 am

"You didn't answer my question, sir," Paladin snarled, not catching a glint of silver. "And, why would we need a bigger army? Last I checked, changelings are actually quite peacefull."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:33 am

"By lowering the pay of the departmental heads," the noble ground out, "it would incentivise them to use their position to illicitly attain additional funds, at the cost of governmental interests! And perhaps you and I are not thinking of the same race of invaders, are we?"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:37 am

"Probably not. I see a race of starving ponies, desperate to survive. What do you see?" Paladin snorted. "And who said anything about lowering pay. I was talking about donations, something you clearly have never done." He replied, still entirely focused on the noble.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:41 am

"If nobles are forced to donate, then it amounts to the same thing!" He shouted, livid. "And even if you, through some unimaginably ludicrous means, were correct about the changelings, the Equestrian public will never agree! They will not accept the changelings!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)   The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah) - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Best Night Ever (Private with The_Pariah)
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next