A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Celestia's Academy for Protectors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:54 am

Viridian stays entirely still on her bed, disassembling her gun and systemically cleaning each spring, rod, pin, and piece without actually looking at them. Instead, she's looking at Razor, her eyes fixed on the pacing and agitated thestral, turning her head to follow her back-and-forth progress. "Were it not entirely inappropriate, I'd offer to donate some bits to getting you a piece of hot flank to burn off all that excitement and excess energy," she said offhandedly, as if offering a teammate a prostitute was a completely normal thing to do in these circumstances. "You're entirely correct however: that was an exciting, engaging, energizing, enervating, enthralling, and various other synonyms that mean approximately the same thing. I only regret that I hadn't an opportunity to spit-roast the psychopathic stripe with some HEAT." She pauses. "Or with considerable heat, depending on whether the spit-roasting was the fun kind or the combat kind. Ah, for lost opportunities..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Wild Card scrunched his muzzle slightly at Adagio rolling her eyes, before sighing. "You're right. I shouldn't complain. We're all alive and well, and that's more important than worrying about weapons... oh..." The stallion looked at the broadcast and frowned as the reporter mentioned the deaths of the thestral workers, and silently watched the names scroll by on the screen. "Well... that's quite unfortunate. Quite unfortunate indeed. Then again, many more would have gone the same way had we not arrived, so I guess we can take pride in the fact we saved as many as we could, eh?"

Wild wandered over to his bed and sat down on it, continuing to watch the broadcast and smiling at the next announcement. "Well, well, well. That's a more uplifting thing, isn't it? The combat tournament. Oh they're wonderful to watch, even if we do lose most of the time. But still, the food, the atmosphere. It's worth it just for that. Oh hay, I'd love to participate actually... but I'm not sure. What about you girls, any opinions on the combat tourney?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Yesterday at 8:00 pm

"Are you kidding, what part of it wasn't?!" Razor retorted to Sunset gleefully, spreading her wings and launching herself up and over to her bed. "This tournament is great timing too, and to think I was worried when I got here that this place would be too much books and not enough blood, if this is what an average day is like around here I could get VERY used to this." Razor declared happily, violence and mayhem seeming to bring calm and contentment to the thestral until she would be eager for more.

The newscreen continued on from the farm massacre to cover the upcoming tournament. "Man, they really don't linger on the fact people died do they? Just thestrals I suppose..." Razor's voice was calm and measured but she had clenched her fist so hard that her leather glove was straining against her hand, as if it was merely paint over her fingers with how tightly it was clinging to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This year's festival will be the first since the foundation of Celestia's Academy for Protector's to allow first year participation in the tournament, let's go to Princess Celestia herself for her explanation for this recent change to the rules." The news announcer said, the picture feed cutting to Princess Celestia sat upon her throne, microphones being held by reporters around her.

"Equestria may be stable for now but it is important for us to always look to the future and be vigilant; our Protectors are the first line of defense and are to be valued as the indispensible resource they are. But they are not mere weapons to be used without consideration; they have undertaken a dangerous occupation to ensure our safety and as such even at this early stage I feel it is best that they have the chance to prove themselves."

"Princess." A reporter spoke up. "Do you have anything to add regarding the recent farm-"

"The attack on the farming settlement has had all information we currently know released to the public." Celestia said calmly. "We implore anyone with information on missing ponies to please come forward, their families wish to have their fears laid to rest."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Wild Card's room, Adagio Dazzle snorted. "Liar." She said, a small grin playing about her face as she looked directly at the video screen. "That little press release of hers didn't mention a certain cackling zebra or friendly gas mask wearers... sounds to me like the big white princess is telling little white lies~"

The lead siren's eyes stayed locked on Celestia on the screen, a strange mix of amusement and satisfaction glinting in her eyes... why would Celestia lie that the public had been told everything and leave out the ones responsible?

A buzzing on the scrolls of the students came just before most would be going to bed, a message sent to all of them from Professor Docile Storm:

"Due to the strange events of the previous evening and the exceptional work you all put in, I feel you have all earned a chance to show everyone else your dedication; should you all want it I can secure all of your teams a place in the upcoming festival tournament, with my highest recommendations. If you wish to do so, please see me after class tomorrow."

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Yesterday at 8:32 pm

"More than thestrals," Fantasy finally chimed in, after minutes of listening to Razor with a certain... look, on her face, "But yeah, not a lot of time spent on that town." And then she went into mumbling. "Not like towns even fall every day, either. This sort of thing is significant even for Equestria, and yet..."

Sunset, once again, was a bit more vocal about exactly what she found wrong with Razor's attitude (though she didn't share Fantasy's priorities exactly). "You are way too excited about violence."

Bzzt!

Fantasy and Sunset both checked their Scrolls. Sunset rolled her eyes and put the Scroll away. Fantasy didn't express much until the last bit, where her eyebrows furrowed a bit.

"That's kind of..." she began, fishing for the right word. "Cheating, isn't it?"

"What-?" Sunset remembered what she'd just read and dismissed. "Oh. Yeah. Nepotism, more or less. It happens all the time in Canterlot, Fantasy. May as well get used to it." Then they were both silent. Fantasy looked mildly upset for a minute, before turning her attention to something on her Scroll. Sunset, however, stared at the tv, brows furrowed in thought.

"Why would she do that?" Sonata voiced Adagio's question.

"Typical reason: you can't trust a ruler as far as you can throw them." Aria commented boredly, exploring her Scroll.

The Tournament? Nox wondered. She didn't voice her ignorance, though: she'd learn about it soon enough. She had ears.

And also a Scroll, now.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Yesterday at 11:18 pm

It was not entirely clear whether Anja had actually heard Nox, and refused to answer, or had not heard her at all, as her attention seemed to be entirely on her scroll. It was also impossible to tell precisely what emotion she was feeling beneath that enormous hood of hers. "I beg pardon, did you say something, Miss Light?" She asked head cocked slightly. "I was a little preoccupied with my scroll."

"If you were asking what happened, then you should know that I ignored you because you were wasting valuable time. I also do not recall what happened after I bit the assailant, because she was loaded with enough drugs that had I not been a dire wolf, I likely would have died. Had you wasted less time and had us drop directly into the combat zone, this would not have happened." The elven pony sighed. "If you want me to follow you, stop acting like a child. Demonstrate to me, in this tournament, that you are a leader worth following."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Today at 12:24 am

Nox took a deep breath. Then another. And another. So she was dealing with one of these ponies, was she? "Gathering information about the enemy and territory is not a waste of time. Especially if, say, one day the enemy is not as... rambunctious, as that zebra was. Say, if they have a modicum of sense and some idea of what stealth is."

Then she blinked. "The... tournament?" she asked, and before Anja could reply, "Why would the tournament prove anything? What would a game prove?" The pause did give Anja some time to reply, but Nox continued shortly, "That I can beat ponies up better than you? What would it prove about me as a leader?"

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Today at 12:49 am

The elven queen watched as the pony in front of her took several deep breaths, before standing up slowly. She vanished as her magic cloaked her, leaving nary a sign that she had ever been there. "There is only so much information one can gather, Miss Moon. Eventually, you must act. And had our enemy been stealthy, there is no amount of information that we could have gathered in any meaningful amount of time. Besides that, it is beyond paranoid to assume that there would be any but grimm attacking a farming settlement. Justified in this case, but paranoid nonetheless."

"It would prove that you are worth following. I did not allow you the opportunity in the assault on the farm, an extremely unladylike action on my part, and for that I am sorry. So prove to me that you were the right choice." Anja sighed, before she decloaked. "And seeing as we are a team, regardless of my feelings on the matter, you should know I suffer from haemophilia."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Today at 12:53 am

"Haemophilia?" Nox asked, "And once again, how would the tournament prove my leadership skills?"

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Today at 12:56 am

"If you cut me, I bleed. And I do not stop, ever." The elven mare replied, pulling up her top to reveal a patchwork of burns, the skin long since healed, though the scars remain. "Before I had access to the healing magic of Canterlot, the only real way to stop myself from dying was to cauterise the wound. And it is simple. You will lead the team to victory."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Today at 1:01 am

"Oh." Nox said simply, quietly, looking at the wounds. Then back up at Anja, she protested: "And how would I-... how would... a fighting game, even a very popular one, is not a good way to judge leadership qualities."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    

Back to top Go down

Celestia's Academy for Protectors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7