A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Celestia's Academy for Protectors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:04 am

Razor Back nodded. "Fine by me; you two focus on the generator and I'll see if I can get anyone out of these wrecked buildings, assuming that's good with you boss?" She asked; the way she addressed Fine Fantasy would hopefully be reassuring, for as gruff and independent as she clearly was there was no mockery or sarcasm in her addressing Fine Fantasy as the commander and being willing to take her orders.

Razor Back looked down a side road that fell between several houses. "Hey guys; does any of this seem odd to you?" She asked, pointing down the side road which was dark and rather dismal looking but otherwise seemed untouched. "No signs of life, no signs of destruction either; you'd think there'd be one or the other." She shrugged and nodded down it. "Should take us to the power sub-station anyway."

Docile Storm smiled and nodded reassuringly to Wild Card. "You are the Protectors in training here Mr Card, and you are the leader; it's important for you to get some practice at that, instead of some old has been holding your leash." He chuckled, checking the chambers of his revolvers to ensure it was fully locked and loaded. "Don't fret, I promise I won't get in the way." He smiled at the group, letting the Sirens express their desire to fly above the scene.

"Just be mindful of Nevermore's girls, we don't know exactly what kind of Grimm hit this place." He advised the Sirens before he produced a series of glass vials and handed them to Sunshine. "Ah, Mr Card, you presence please?" He asked it very calmly as he pointed through a hole in the wall to a throng of beowolves which were now snarling, having noticed someone still alive in the ruins.

"Scouting teams, please begin your duties; Mr Card's team and I shall handle these stragglers." Docile said, very calmly withdrawing his black revolver from the inside of his jacket.

As Sunshine turned to the rest of her team while Anja bounded off a blur flickered behind Nox; it lasted only a second, a flash of black and blue flitting between two of the cottages as it crossed the road so fast no detail could be made out.

As for Anja herself, there was the scent of several individuals on the air, as well as sadly a lot of blood and sweat pervading the once calm air of the village; a thestral was slumped over against the wall of the first cottage she came to, large gashes torn into his tunic and very clearly dead, his amber slitted eyes staring straight ahead at the opposite cottage without seeing it.

But there was something else under the scent of blood and sweat and farming manure; something unnatural, almost like a strong smell of chemicals. Certainly nothing that had any place in a small organic farming community.

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:13 am

Anja froze as she sighted the first body, lowering her head briefly in mourning, before she closed his eyes and lowered into a more peaceful position with a paw. She looked about as she came upon the new scent, that sent a shiver down her spine. She recognised the ingredients, but what it could used to do... she knew not. She didn't wait for the rest of her team, instead moving to scratch out a quick message.

"Caught something strange om the wind, have moved to investigate. Should not take too long. Will meet at the airship."

With her message done, she nodded to herself, before turning, and hurrying off in the direction of the scent, before it faded anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:21 pm

Wild Card gave a nod to the professor, the confirmation at least clearing up his confusion but at the same time only fueling his nervousness. This was the first time he ever had to lead, and this made the pegasus quite frightened of the possibility of failure as a first impression, which was not entirely a bad thing for him. Wild took the chance to view this as a way to prove himself to his team that he was a confident leader to be respected. With that view in mind, he smiled and went about his duties.

Then he was called by Professor Storm, and looked over to where he was pointing. "Oh dear. Snarling isn't good, is it? They do that when they see a threat... or food... or both? Either way," Wild slowly flew up to the rest of his team and pointed towards the beowolves, "girls, we've got our first targets. Beowolves." He then looked between them and their weaponry, thinking for a moment. "Alright, Sonata, you see where they're looking? Fly in front of them and keep them at bay. Adagio, you head behind them and also stop any from escaping. Aria, come with me and the professor and we'll hit them in the side. Right? Let's do this quickly, when Aria and I reach the professor you two get into position and we'll all smash into them." Wild explained, flying back to Docile and landing next to him, readying his weapons and smiling. "Should be planned out, sir. I think it'll go quite well, hopefully. Let's kill us some Grimm."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:36 am

Viridian blinks. "Who focus on the generator? I thought I just got done explaining that I'm not a mechanic. I'm a..." She shakes her head. "Never mind." She gives Razor a very slight mocking smile and a crisp salute. "Yes ma'am, almost-huntress Viridian Rain at your service, ma'am." She drops the lighthearted moment immediately when Razor points out the strangely darkened and untouched alley and she looks thoughtfully at it for a moment before she looks to Fantasy. "I think Razor is right, Fine. It's damned curious and I think that I'd better keep an eye on it while covering Sunset--and the rest of you of course--from my shooting position." She looks at the various rooftops and points out several high points with a wide sweep of visibility. "I'll be shifting between them as needed, I believe."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:20 pm

“Sounds good.” Fantasy said to Razor. Looking down the undamaged path, she muttered, “I dunno. Seems logical to me that something might be missed in all the chaos.”

“Yeah, like a Sun Bomb might forget to incinerate a random bakery.” Sunset retorted, hand on her hip.

Fantasy rolled her eyes, but did see her point. “I’d feel more comfortable covering Sunset from a close range. It may be because I read a lot of crap, but I feel like the more important places would… more frequently have something go wrong.” she told Viridian.

“Oh. I forgot about Nevermores.” Adagio said, deflating a bit.

“What’s a Nevermore?” Sonata asked.

“The birds, you idiot!” Aria snapped, smacking her on the head.

“Ow!” Sonata swatted back at Aria. “Wait, which birds?” Thwap! “Ow!”

“Enough!” Adagio snapped. Then to Wild, “Yeah, I don’t think that’s going to work. None of us are herders nor do we have the tools to herd. We have weapons, not shepard’s sticks.”

The sirens flew off and began their attack: Adagio whipped bolts of fire and lightning from high above the beowolves, next to Aria who simply shot at them. Sonata was a little more creative and risk-taking by diving into the horde and taking up individual beowolves (by her bare hands after her spear snapped in two) then dropping them, or throwing them, from great heights.

“Hey Sonata!” Aria shouted to her, “Try throwing the beowolves away from the town!”

“Oh! Okay!” Sonata yelled back, holding a thrashing beowolf by its neck. She turned around and threw it in a high arc into the wilds.

“L’oeil, wait!” Nox ran after her, sprinting at remarkable speed for a pony but still quickly falling behind the dire wolf. “You can’t just go running around a warzone! Especially when you don’t even know what's in it!”

“I’m also quite talented with Light Magic.” Shining told Sunny. “Perhaps we could work together to illuminate the town?”

StrawberryGamer

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:40 pm

Sunny took the vials and put a small ball of light in each, before handing them off to each team that had yet to leave. “Try not to shake them too much or expose them to dark magic. They’ll last about two hours. Maybe less. The light around here isn’t that good.” She then turned back to Shining. “That sounds good. Let’s get going.” She glanced briefly at her other teammates. “I guess we’re splitting into pairs then…”

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fimfiction.net/user/StrawberryGamer
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:05 pm

As the direwolf followed the scent is suddenly went from faint and so strong it practically made the eyes water; odds are one no longer needed enhanced senses to pick up the foul stench pervading the senses, practically able to be tasted on the air.

No sooner had the smells intensified than a loud, high pitched cackle tore through the air. Not a gloat, not cruel, not even amused... it sounded simply deranged, the laughter of a creature that knew little else.

The wall of the nearest building, a storage building for farm materials, exploded outward in a blast of shattered bricks and dust. An ursa charged from the debris, snarling and bucking in anger at being ridden clearly unwillingly by the zebra on it's back, bottles and vials strapped to her clinking against each other as the ursa put up a tremendous fight against the lasso she had wrapped around it's jaw and was riding it with.

The zebra's pink eyes were alive with glee and manic energy, practically glowing above her wide, unnatural grin as she was thrown here and there; her mane was pulled back into at least a dozen dreadlocks, each reaching down her back and all with a long, differently coloured neon streak standing out against the black, a psychedelic view as her mane whipped around with the bucking Ursa and made an almost dizzying sight.

From the hole she had made, a stallion emerged; his appearance was a sharp contrast to his companion as he lacked a mane entirely and his slacks were the only attire he wore, which was as charcoal black as his chiselled, powerful form. The stallion noticed Anya instantly once he looked away from the manic zebra and, instantly, his eyes glowed a burning, violent orange and he took a combative stance.

--------------------

The beowolves were putting up a fight against the team on the wall, as though they didn't seem particularly smart or tough they came in heavy waves as knocked back members quickly recovered to rejoin the fray until they were finally taken down completely.

"I quite agree Mr Card." Docile agreed quite calmly as he spun his revolver to the chamber containing Ice Dust rounds, trying to keep the Beowolves at a sluggish pace by freezing their limbs to the ground. "At your command Mr Card." He said, neatly sending an explosive round into a crowd gathering before Sonata to scatter them, his revolver never seeming to need to reload.

-----------------

Even over the din of the beowolves at the walls, the chaos going on where Anja had tracked the scent was audible. "What was that?!" Razor Back demanded when she heard the first crash, looking around wildly, clearly expecting an ambush but finding nothing. "Uggggh... hey boss, can we get a move on with that generator? I think we could do with the defenses back up, like, right bloody now!" She said, getting louder as they all heard the crazed laughter echoing through the air.

While Razor was glancing around for an ambush and shouting at Fantasy for orders, something shifted at one of the high spots Viridian pointed out; a shifting of the air quite separate from the chaos around them and the occasional gusts of wind, a ripple as though of heat. Or, for those who had more know how, the sign of a cloaking device.

No sooner had Razor demanded answers of Fine Fantasy than a new problem presented itself; a smaller beowolf emerged from around the end of the alleyway and charged, it's red eyes glinting as it bore down upon them. Razor Back quickly stepped forward and, with surprising grace for her rough look, spun on her heel and unsheathed her sword in one motion.

"I thought the wall team was keeping these things out?!" She snapped before the beowolves' head had even hit the floor.

------------------------------

As Sunshine and Shining Light began to illuminate the area around them it was clear just how fortunate they had been to have so much of the wall left standing at all; large, deep gashes were torn into the concrete and steel structures and yet only very few holes had been made that could allow admission, the main one of which the professor and Wild Card's team had on lockdown.

The beowolves were still clambering over the rubble outside the walls in an attempt to reach the defenders, but were having a hard time dealing with the barrage of offense being dealt to them.

Soon however they had a different problem than the holes; over the wall entirely came a long, snarling Yin-Fang came slithering, the great twin headed serpent bearing it's teeth and quickly lunging for the source of the light and bearing it's fangs down upon Sunshine, it's second, white coloured head curling around, forming a horseshoe shape as each head picked a target and went for the kill.

DualThrone
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:43 am

"I think there might be just a little more going on here than we thought," Viridian says to Razor with a rather weird degree of calm given that there was a beowolf bearing down on them a mere moment ago. "Someone's using a visual cloak to observe the building from one of the vantage points I indicated, but they're not using their invisibility to eliminate targets of opportunity. Furthermore..." She narrows her eyes and cants her ears. "...I think I hear someone... cackling from the direction of that impact. Manically." She twists the part of her melee weapon that activates its transformation from naginata to long rifle, pulling back to open the chamber the moment it appears as the rest of the gun finishes making the transition. "Never met a grimm with enough soul or mind to cackle, much less with the overtones of a maniac. One must have a mind to lose it. Speaking of, my rather finely-developed mind tells me that it's not wise to leave a mysterious presence behind you when you're in combat, especially when you have no idea as to their intent." She uses a fingertip to rotate the cartridge that's in the chamber until faint glimmering lines of dust runescription are visible. She looks at the lines for a moment, tracing them along carefully, before putting a fingertip down and smearing one of the lines so it bends down and touches another, leaving the other part of the line protruding into thin air. "I'm sure they'll understand the paranoid hypercaution." In a single motion, she raises the rifle to her shoulder, closes the chamber on the altered cartridge, and pulls the trigger as soon as it's raised in the rough direction that she saw the cloaking distortion. The round is a tracer and even with fairly high velocity, it's in the air long enough for the trail to visibly begin to wobble as it approaches the spot where the cloaking was and then, short of the target, it bursts in midair and the forward velocity showers the area with burning fragments and a brief cone of blinding fire. Without looking for the result of her short, Viridian levers the spent cartridge out, catches it in midair, and looks to Razor although her eyes also occasionally flick in the direction of Fine Fantasy. "So, screw the generator and see what that ghastly noise is, or should we collapse on the generator to get it working before moving on to help get a handle on what's going on around here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wild Card

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    Today at 1:16 am

"But between your whip and Sonata's spear that's... and she's gone." Wild Card protested, but then threw his arms up in defeat as Adagio flew back and all his team mates just piled into the mass of Grimm to happily slay them. "Sure, tactics, who needs them, just fly on in and throw the beasts around with your hands. Why do you even have weapons if you can just suplex the damn Grimm?" The pegasus comments mostly to himself and sighs, shaking his head as he looks upon the rest of his team. "I can already tell these are going to be difficult years..." He added, turning to the professor as he fires the ice blast.

"Sir, while those three have the main brunt of the Grimm on them, I think you and I should focus more on any Grimm that stray from the pack or decide that one of the smaller holes in the wall is a more intelligent option. Though I think it best if you aid the rest of my team every now and then if they look like they need it given, well, what you just did to the big mass of Grimm right then." Wild suggested, flying into the sky and then patrolling around the smaller holes in the wall. If he saw any beowolf that was isolated, he'd hurtle down at it with both his blades and fell it with a strike or two before returning to the sky and continuing on his patrol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celestia's Academy for Protectors    

Back to top Go down

Celestia's Academy for Protectors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6