OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Tour of the Dead ship (private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 9:36 pm

"A shockspace drive is an FTL drive, I don't know how it works exactly but if you look out a window you'll see a waving field of blue rather than black with white points. That's shockspace
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 9:38 pm

"Uh-hu, and what in the nine bloody hells does that mean?" Zen continued after a quick glance to confirm what was described. Then his eyes drifted towards Plasma. "And should he be one the ground?"
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 9:47 pm

"No, he should not be..." lighting his horn up, Fox gently placed Plasma back on the bed and then answered Zen's question "What it means is that we're going faster than light, much faster, normally you'd want to secure docked ships before going into shockspace, but they either did that on our way here, or they were getting impatient and let the ship be shorn off from the forces being put on the docking collar"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 9:49 pm

"So we're moving quickly, what's so bad about that?" Zen asked next as he continued to look out the window.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:05 pm

"Aside from the fact that I have no idea where we're going, nothing. And if we hit something as we're exiting... the entire ship and what it hits will be vaporized" Fox said.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:11 pm

"Vaporization does sound troublesome," Zen commented as he began to look around some more. "So... do we try and stop? What are we doing at this point, or where are we trying to go?"
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:17 pm

"Like I said, I have no idea where we're going and if we try to stop it an all manner of bad things could happen. For now we have to wait and see" Fox said as he heard Stream groan, his coarse voice saying "water.."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Zen paused to look at first Plasma, and then to Fox, before saying. "Hey, don't look at me. Water isn't something I usually make too much of a habit on carrying on me. Surprisingly enough, have yet to really run into a problem where I needed water." Zen commented before looking about to try and find maybe a sink or a container.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:34 pm

"All soldiers are required to carry at least half a liter of water, in case they get stranded" Fox took out a small container from his inventory and handed it to stream, who gladly took it from him and began drinking.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 10:51 pm

"So now that the three of us are together, alive, and some other third thing, how about we get to this things cockpit, or whatever ya want to call it now and figure out where we're going?" Zen suggested next.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 11:46 pm

"Well, for one-"

"*static* Fox, we got a problem"

"A problem? what kind of problem-"

"Danick's taking over the UEG"

"You're kidding, right? How can a Unitology extremist get the equipment to take on the UEG?"

"Ah, it's not that simple, Danick managed to get a significant portion of the UEAF on his side, those that didn't immediately pledge their allegiance were killed on the spot"

"Then how did you get out?"

"Danick has information, but it only goes so far. Me and a couple other squads were on the Eudora when Danick attacked, we got a few engineers and medics with us who managed to set up a makeshift triage unit and a weapons depot, it's not much, but it has the essentials"

"I guess that's good?"

"Given that we're unable to get to a proper military base and that the depot has a couple suit kiosks and benches, yes"

"Damn, well, were you going?"

"Your ship is not in the same place as before, we have been tracking it and got the coordinates of the shockpoint, we're headed there now"

"How'd you get them?"

"Our informant is one of the Oracles from the Church, she's been feeding UEG with the whereabouts of non-sanctioned followers, Danick happens to have topped their list"

"What's her name?"

"She's been a bit vague on that, but she calls herself under the alias Acid"

"So that's the Crazy mare we saw, she had me tied up you know"

"Yes, and she also told me that she lost Plasma Stream, who she claims is very valuable for her plan to work"

"And that would be?"

"She hasn't told us what plan she keeps talking about"

"Uggh"

"*beep beep beep* oh for the love of... look, just stay alive and I'll explain later, ok?"

"Listen, you better have a good explanation for why we should trust a Unitologist"

"Fine, Decker out"

"What is that guy thinking..." Fox said as Stream got up, saying "Ugh, know where I can find a store or kiosk?" And fox pointed over at the wall.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:02 am

Zen for the moment was feeling rather insignificant. Having no clue what most of the acronyms were meant he was lost for a decent chunk of the conversation. The mention of the crazy mare however did make enough sense for him to at least voice a concern. "Yeah, I'd trust her about as far as I could throw her. Please tell me I can be waiting off to the side, weapons ready?"
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:10 am

"I don't trust her either, but she has yet to actually try to kill any of us, even if one of her goons did kick Firefox in the stomach" Stream said, before opening up the kiosk and stepping in to get a new suit. Fox said "well, do we have much of a choice? I trust Decker, but not this 'Acid' mare, I'm playing this by a wait-and-see type deal"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:35 am

"Fine, I can run a play by the ear deal," Zen eventually agreed, but that didn't stop the malicious intent growing across his face. "So where to next? Do we try and rendezvous with crazy mare, or just go about our merry way?"
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:45 am

"I don't really know, but given that we're on our way to... somewhere, I'd say we try to avoid drawing undue attention to ourselves" with that said, Fox turned when he heard the kiosk opening, showing a stumbling Plasma Stream clad in black armor, checking it over, he contemplated putting the helmet on, and said "nah" and went over to the bench, using the pile of resources to start crafting a weapon, some ammo, and a few other little things.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:21 am

"Hmmm," Zen wondered aloud as he looked about the things left about the room. Eventually finding a roll of tape. After a few experiments with the unfamiliar stuff, inspiration struck and he quickly began digging out things from his various pockets. Several sheets of paper with markings on them, glowing crystals, and just random bits of rock. He then began taping the paper, with a crystal on the markings, to the rocks. After several of these were done, Zen began to pocket the majority of them, but left a few out for the others to take if they wanted.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:26 am

"What are these?" Fox said as he picked one up. Stream finished building his weapon and pulled it out, chuckling slightly as he said "Industrial-strength saw launcher underneath, and a rivet chain gun on top, come at me you mutated freaks"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:31 am

"They're a rather simple unstable rune. The magic overloads the spell and creates a flash of noise, light, and force. Shouldn't be quite lethal, but should knock most things on their ass, hehehe," Zen remarked as he finished pocketing his supply and getting his scythe back in both hands.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:40 am

"hmm... unstable flashbangs and concussion grenades rolled into one, not bad" he replied as he gave it to Zen. Turning to Stream, he asked "think you can get me a better weapon?" he just smiled and said "of course" and went back to building.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:47 am

Zen spent the time lazily swinging his scythe about. Gradually closing all the portals he'd made earlier to seal the room.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:24 am

"Sorry if this bores you, but weapon crafting takes a minute" Stream said, adding the finishing touches to Foxes gun and then giving it to him, saying "Pulse rifle with underbarrel rocket launcher, specially modified for massive clip and fire rate"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:42 am

"Meh, same with rune writing. I just had a bunch of these already pre-writ. And besides, I needed to close those anyways otherwise we wouldn't be able to leave, hehehe." Zen replied as he closed the last of the portals he'd opened since coming to this dimension.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:42 pm

"That's understandable, we still have quite a lot of this ship to explore and I doubt we'll be shocking in to wherever we're going anytime soon, ideas Stream?" Fox says before turning to Stream, who replies "Well, since Acid is an important individual and her goons are trying to kill us, I'd suggest avoiding her for now until Decker gets to us, and Zen? Don't ask me how, or how I know this, but it is able to show certain individuals codes and blueprints rather than just white noise. That tells me that we're dealing with some sort of semi-sentient life form, it knows you're here and that you're jumping around between areas using some sort of energy to cut through dimensions. If it figures out how to block that, you're going to need something other than portals to rely on"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:09 pm

"Oh? It'll have a fun time doing that. Whatever it is, is playing with a force well beyond my comprehension and its methods are liable to change on little more than the whims of fate. Behold unstable magical contamination at it's finest, hehehe." Zen replied still holding the grin on his face. While he doubted whatever they were dealing with would be able to 'block' his abilities, a much easier and simpler solution was always evident and that fact made him just the slightest bit nervous.

A simple magical suppressant would severely hamper his abilities along with any other magic user, and something that actively drained magic would leave him barely able to stand. "Hopefully it'll take a bit longer given it's having to deal with your brand of tech and my very different magic. Either way, let's get a move on, I've got plenty of other methods of dealing with things."
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:01 pm

"Well that's good to know, lets scavenge the surrounding area for any supplies. We might need them, Stream, you go down that corridor over there while Zen and I head down here," Fox pointed at the right and rear walls respectively, watching as Stream nodded and went off, saying "stay in contact Fox"

"We'll check back on you every five minutes"

"Sounds good" and with that, Stream disappeared into the halls. Turning over to Zen, he said "well, we need medical supplies, especially if that wound reopens or you get pinned by one of those things again. I'd also recommend you limit your use of those portals as much as you possibly can, given what he told us"

*meanwhile*

"Medical supplies and useful resources, no issue, it's not like the entire crew has died and their corpses are trying to kill you, heh" Stream nervously chuckled as he kept his gun out, its light illuminating the dark corridors. Turning one of them he encountered a rather tiny room, containing several explosive canisters and three tanks, all of which had those creatures in them. He said to himself "Those explosives could prove useful in traps, but I don't know if those creatures are active, but they do look restrained and that glass is pretty thick..." he contemplated his decision for a few more moments before saying "Fuck it" and rushed into the room to grab the canisters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour of the Dead ship (private)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next