OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Tour of the Dead ship (private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

Tour of the Dead ship (private) Empty
PostSubject: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 5:04 am

(this started because of the OC bar in the regular RP)

"Ok stream, find a store and check for hazards, then lay out the symbol and wait for Zen to come. Simple, if not easy" He slowly made his way to one of the rooms lacking any vents and equipped with a store. Locking all the doors and pulling out the chalk and image of the symbol, he began drawing a copy of said symbol onto the ground, clearing any debris in the way, and stood back.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 5:36 am

It was a few moments later that anything happened over the symbol. The air above it began to waver, similar to as if it was extremely hot, but no heat was to be felt. A loud crack resounded out, as the curved tip of a blade poked out of the open air above the symbol. As the blade was drawn down, the sound of tearing fabric echoed out until an open portal was cut.

Past this opening was nothing visible in the black void other than the red coated pegasi wearing his cheeky grin as usual. Grabbing onto the edge of the portal, Zen pulled himself through the portal and let the opening slam shut with the slightly unsettling reverse of the tearing fabric sound.

With himself in the other dimension, and the portal closed behind him, Zen settled the large, double edged scythe to rest on his shoulder as he hovered just above the ground. "So, this is the place huh?" he asked looking about the room they were in, taking a second to spit a mouthful of blood onto the ground and cursing under his breath.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 2:04 pm

"well, this is one of the safe spots, and I'm guessing that it takes a lot out of you to do that?" Plasma asked as he opened up the store to purchase a few items for his companion
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:38 pm

"Just the first time or so, just like travelin to someplace new. It get's easier to get someplace the more you visit, hehehe." Zen remarked hovering about the room. "So what are we doing first? Scavenging for additional supplies, general clean up, or jumping straight in to something horribly stupid?"
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 4:21 pm

"Well, if I'm right the hallway behind us leads to Hydroponics. The door to the left leads out to ADS cannons 47 and 48, and the door to my right leads back to the flight deck; though the only thing there is the remains of the shuttle my crew arrived on, and you need something to protect yourself in Hydroponics and the way to the two cannons; the atmosphere supplied by Hydroponics is being polluted by something and there's hard vacuum and several meteor storms between us and the cannons. Give me a minute and I'll see about getting you something to put on and then we'll decide on which it will be" He replied as he started fiddling with the store, putting a very large, very heavy device on the ground along with several stacks of ammo "this here's a contact beam, pull the trigger, wait a second, and release. Put a hole the size of my head through just about anything, though when you go to reload, make sure the fins here point away from you" he said informatively.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Zen eyed the bulky weapon warily, and with some disdain. "Umm, alright?" he replied after a moment or two before leaning the scythe against the nearby wall. Hefting up the weighty weapon, Zen drew the flap of his coat over it, letting the weapon disappear inside the garment, where it failed to create a single bulge. With that safely stowed away, Zen picked back up his scythe and once again rested it against his shoulder. "So how clunky's this hazard suit? Cause the more I can move the better I'll fair." He asked next while still waiting around, hovering about the limited space.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 5:52 pm

"It's not that bad to be honest, though it may be a bit uncomfortable while wearing one for the first time, I'm not sure how well you'll do with your current clothing being covered by the suit, hmm... I have an idea..." Stream trailed off as he continued fiddling with the store, watching the rear hatch open up to show a small space behind it, "ok, one more thing, a~nd... there! It should now recognize your coat as part of the getup and put it back on you once it finished fitting the suit, if you need me I'll be over at this workbench" he finished fiddling with the store and moved over to the bench and began modifying his tool.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Zen shrugged as he flew into the store, and was almost shocked when the door slammed shut to begin armoring up the stallion. A few moments, and several mechanical noises along with a few vocalized protests, later the doors parted and Zen stumbled out. Despite it though, he managed to bring himself to a hover before falling.

The armor itself was fairly thin and sparse, only about half the horizontal metal bars that would have been on the standard suits limbs. More of these bars also made up the chest armor. While this limited the actual amount of armor it provided, it was better than nothing. The important features were present however, those being the potentially airtight suit and grated helmet that sat under Zen's coat and hat. Zen's wings poked out of the back of the suit, uncovered and able to flap freely to keep the stallion hovering, but large bundles around the joints showed that armor could easily move to cover the appendages should the need to arise.

Looking about through the visor, Zen let out a exasperated sigh. "Well, I suppose it could be worse," he remarked while grabbing up the scythe. "So now where to?"
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:42 pm

"Now that you have some protection from the elements we can go through either-"

"*clearing static*Plasma Stream *pant* I managed to find my way to the *pant* bridge, whew" a blue-white image popped up in front of Stream showing an exhausted pony

"Colonel Firefox! How did you get out?"

"*pant* I used the same method those things do to get around the ship *sighs* one of them almost clipped me too"

"Do you have access to the ship's systems?"

"Yes, one moment... oh that's not good, the ADS is offline and we're headed through an asteroid field"

"Oh, great"

"I'll see what I can do up here, but cannons 47 and 48 aren't responding, I'll need you to control one while I try and fix the other"

"Try rerouting through secondary systems, that should speed the process up a little"

"I'll try, but a lot of the secondary systems are in bad shape"

"Just make sure you can get those guns back online" The image cut out and Stream said "I thought he had died with the others, guess that's another good stroke of luck so far, come on, I'll tell you how to operate an ADS cannon on the way; and make sure you don't try to fly out there, there's no wind to be pushed under your wings" he finished up with modifying his tools and took out what looked like a nailgun, though given the size of the tip being pushed out of the barrel, it's more likely a rivet gun. He unlocked the door to the guns and waited for Zen to follow
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:54 pm

He wasn't waiting long, as Zen quickly followed. The scythe soon found itself off his shoulder as well and held at the ready in front of him. "Heh, no wind? Sounds familiar to another place I've visited. Any gravity?" he asked quietly since they were leaving the relative safety of the store.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:57 pm

"Gravity plating's only on the inside of the vessel, the boots have magnetic clamps to keep you on the hull though" he replied as the inner door closed and the outer one opened, sucking the air out followed by the ship computer saying "Entering vacuum"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Zen took the computer's warning to activate a couple things on his own suit. First and foremost, the wing covering so the suit would really be air tight, then the magnets on his own boots, locking him onto the ground rather than his usual hover. The scythe, for the moment, rested on his back secured by another magnet that held the long weapon in place.

((Is this game anthro?))
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 4:21 am

Activating the clamps and sealing his helmet, Plasma Stream rushed to the nearest cover before a storm of rocks buffeted the side of the ship. He opened a comm channel to Zen and said "when the storm subsides, haul it to the nearest piece of cover, and make sure you keep moving forward. I'll tell you when to go, and let me know when you're running low on air; you'll know it when it starts getting hard to breathe"

((yes it is))
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 4:38 am

Zen had followed suit, moving as quickly as he could along the surface to avoid the rocks. "Geeze, talk about a wake up call," he replied from the cover. "But alright, just let me know when to go, hehehe." he continued getting ready to 'sprint' as far as he could before he'd have to find more cover.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 4:47 am

As the storm subsided, the remaining larger rocks impacted against the hull, some of them missing their cover but a couple managed to hit the objects they were using as cover, after they stopped he said "go!" and jumped over to new cover.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 10:08 am

Zen was trailing Plaz every step of the way, keeping his eyes peeled for any signs of more rocks and ducking down the moment they were behind cover.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:02 pm

As he rushed to the new cover, another storm buffeted the trench-like path they were on, damaging other bits of cover. Stream looked over at Zen and said "I said I'd give you a quick rundown on how to operate one of the ADS cannons on our way there, this is as good as any time: two joysticks control the cannons independantly, push the button on one to fire that cannon, push the buttons on both to fire both cannons, keep an eye on a little bar that rises every time you shoot; that's your heat. Make sure you don't push it too hard and have it go into the red. Also, both cannons have an aiming sight similar to the one on my tools, use that to keep a bead on your target and keep it centered, the gun's computers will calculate velocity and direction for you, just aim and shoot"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Most of what Plasma told Zen went so far over his head, it might have touched the nearest planet. "Wait aren't you going to be using the cannons? You'd really have somepony who has that little experience with this kind of technology wield a cannon?"
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:14 pm

"The ADS Cannons are dual guns, both are offline so I need a second player in order to... just let me show you when we get there, it'll be much easier to do that than try and explain it" Stream finally said, letting the storm pass and making the hopefully second-to-last jump to the guns.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:29 pm

Zen moved to follow, but spotting the end of trench appear that'd lead to the turrets, Zen by passed the cover and simply moved as quickly as he could on to the door. "C'mon, we're making this!" He called keeping open ears for Plasma's protests or warnings, and open eyes for the oncoming debris. His scythe was pulled off his back and held in front of him, the runes along one side of the blade starting to glow slightly.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:59 pm

"One more time... one more time" Stream said to himself as he booked it to the entrance, making it just before the debris field caught him, with Zen already waiting for him. He took a quick few breaths, opened the door and stepped inside, the computer saying "exiting Zero-Gravity"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:52 pm

Zen waited for the the room to re-pressurize and the computers to give the all clear before letting the armored helmet disassemble, revealing his grinning face. "Well that was fun, hehehe. So about these cannons? I'm guessing their not quite the same as the ones I had on my airship would they?"
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:43 pm

"not unless you used joysticks to control them, they're over here-" he was cut short when the door he was about to open crumpled from an impact, he swore under his breath as he recoiled from the impact before bringing up that pony from before; "Shit... Firefox, something just broke the door, it's jammed shut"

"I see that, it's not responding"

"Any other ways?"

"There's a maintenance hatch to your left, you can take to bypass the door"

"Great. More dark hallways"

"Well unless you can blow the door open in about two minutes, we'll be sucking vacuum"

"Naturally... I'll talk to you when I reach the guns"

"Rodger, Firefox out" He turned to his left and found the hatch eadily enough.Waving his hand over the lock, the computer greeted him, saying "Welcome. C.E.C. Engineer Plasma Stream. To Constellation maintenance hatch 4463" as he climbed in. He stuck a leg out before the hatch closed, the computer saying "Obstruction detected in entrance to Maintenance Hatch 4463, please remove obstruction before continuing" but Stream said "In here Zen, make sure that scythe is secured and not going to hit anything inside here and that you put your left arm in first"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:48 pm

Zen hesitated for a moment. "Wait, we need to get past that door?" He asked pointed towards the buckled barrier.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:53 pm

"Yes, if you have something that can slice through then have at it, if whatever did that is still in the hallway you'd better be ready for a fight, the only things that can do that I know of is the big bulky Brutes, and a hulking mammoth I nicknamed Titan" Just to emphasize his point, a roar sounded out through the area, sounding like a cross between a female scream and a T-rex. "...And that would be Titan, we'd better get moving before it finds us, and fast. Meeting that thing once is more than enough" He said hurriedly, still waiting for Zen to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour of the Dead ship (private)   Tour of the Dead ship (private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour of the Dead ship (private)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next