OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Doomande

Doomande

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Flying were not new for Umbra, she had travelled the world with wings of her own creation and those of dragons and demons as well, but never had she been so high, the world underneath them seeming so small, and the speed of travel being so quick. Seeing as there wasn't much more to say at the moment did she just stand there, a bit to the side so Sugary had his clear view out, and a clear view of her as well as she stood there in silhouette against the midday sun.

It took a little while before something disturbed the little oasis of peaceful silence, the chef coming in with a set of four arms, its mass stretching so far out to hold it all that one almost could think of him as a slithering puddle. Two plates of teeth watering thick pancakes with bacon bits in them, and a hill of roasted octopus sausages and grilled cherry tomatoes with a stream of creamy cheese baked beans surrounding them, and its two other arms bringing a pair of twin cups of steaming hot tea and a jar of honey to sweeten it with as well.

Just because the ugly mud thingy were in the control of the ship were it not in control of it, so off it went directly to its creator with the lunch, it more being a brunch since neither had gotten breakfast just yet. When the creator were done sweetening the tea and taken the food went it slowly over to the other one, setting it at its feet. It should not have the pleasure of being directly fed by it after all!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 4:27 pm

When the furry golem left the meal and tea by Sugary's side, he'd smile gratefully at the golem despite its thoughts, mostly because he didn't know any better. "Oh, thank you! Guess letting you take the money was a good thing..." He'd levitate the meal next to him as he kept piloting the ship, starting off with the adorable looking weiners, though he'd slowly smell them with caution. "Ah... I like fish, not meat... But I should at least try to have some..." He took a bite, and hummed as the juicy savory flavor ran down his throat. There was a very mild feeling of nausea to go with it, but he had the stomach to handle at least some meat. "Oh... Very good. Fish is more my thing, but it's delicious." A tad forced, but even he could tell it was great.

Between a decent meal, and fine sweetened tea to which he added honey rather generously, he'd look to those around him, and snorted very contently. "You know, aside from the troupe of actors, I'm glad to keep having company like this. Long flights can get awfully boring and lonely sometimes... Speaking of which, I know there won't be a whole lot to do till much later, but is there anything else you wanna talk to me about? Or something you feel like doing?"
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Were there something that she liked to talk about? Not that she knew about, her generally not talking this much back and forth with other ponies. She knew that a lot enjoyed to keep smalltalk going, learning each other better as they said, but actions did speak louder than words, and she felt that she had a pretty good picture of Sugary by now. And if there were anything that she wanted to do, why would she then need to bring it up or ask permission, she could just do it after all, so the mare shrugged at the questions, that being just a good answer as any other.

Although, as a little hour went by were there something that she wanted to ask. "How long do you expect this flight to be? You say that it will be long, but what do you measure as a long time?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 7:45 pm

It was as Sugary had said for the past hour as he ate in peace: There was much to look at from the bridge up high as they soared, but the trip itself was mostly uneventful. At worst, a few instances of turbulence was felt, but it was subdued or brief. He also made few flight adjustments, only needing to make sure to keep his cool and focus. There was one notable thing though, and that was the fact that every once in a while, he'd look to Umbra and her minions to see if it looked like they needed anything.

So when Umbra called to him, he responded as if no time had passed at all. "Well, at the speed we're going, I'd estimate... just before sunset at the Crystal Empire... If you're feeling bored, the most I can suggest is taking a nap I'm afraid... Though you also could go out into the deck for some stretching while we fly. Trust me, it's not as windy as you think; The Levistone's magic dampens out heavy winds and wind resistance against the Black Mambo for a safe and stable flight... Or you could teach me some of your magic and I show you mine? Never a dull pastime..... Or is there another reason you're asking of me?"
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 12:35 am

With a snort turned Umbra towards Sugary, her having a certain look on her face, her brows pointing downwards and her finger lifted high as she shook it at him. "One are not bored, since only stupid people get bored." Her tone rather nasal, it all being a mock attempt at an impression, her seeming to smile a little bit before shaking her head with a sigh. "Sorry, I have heard it too many times for it not to have imprinted itself on me. But no I am not bored, just curious, that's all."

Hearing his idea for what she could do, or rather they, lifted she up in the sleeve there were hiding her new "tattoos" away, them slowly coming to life with a glow that seemed to suck the light out of the room instead of shining it. With slow steps walked she over to him, her wrist turning as she went, droplets of shadow forming in the palm of her hand before she stood at his side. Taking one of his hands in hers turned she the stallion away from her steering wheel and other controls, not wanting her magic to drip into that of the ship, as she laid his hand into the pool of shadows.

Just as before when he came too close to her magic would the curious stallion be thrown out on an out of body experience, the burning hot pain of a thousand dead frozen suns shooting trough the fingers that had dipped trough the black surface. A feeling went trough his hand, a feeling of being able to touch the smallest part of the universe, smaller than the building blocks that made up matter, softer and more elusive than the waves that made up light, he felt him touching himself, his life, what he had been, what he would be, what he could have been, and he felt it all crumble away to dust at his fingertips.

When his eyes opened again would he find himself sitting on the floor, a feeling of something wet being in his hand that had been in the pool. In his hand would he see a knife, obsidian black, as thin and fine as the most delicate icepick. And as he watched the shadow object would he see it fade, disappearing up in smoke in pulses that matched his heartbeat, them fleeting as the wings of a hummingbird, but seeming to last millennia. For three whole seconds had he the knife in his hand before it were completely gone, or not fully since Sugary still could feel the carvings there had been in the handle against his skin, fine lines of blood drawing the runes on his hide. "I would guess that a few minutes were used on that," came it from Umbra, her laying the book she were reading down into her lap, her clearly not meaning the time of day as multiple hours had gone past them if one were to trust the position of the sun and how it clearly had grown colder on the ship. "Not that those matter if used once or twice as such, but they do add up in the long run after all."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 6:56 pm

There was a sheepish smile on Sugary's face as Umbra corrected him, but he had expected that much one way or another. "Only stupid people get bored...? Interesting philosophy... Huh!? Hey, hold on, at least warn me first!" It was a good thing he was used to using his magic to passively control the ship as he was pulled away from the controls while watching her perform her spell. He warily saw the world around him turn dark... but he was simply too curious not to wander into Umbra's arcane embrace willingly...

Purgatory, Nirvana, Hell, Heaven, the Void, Arubboth, Limbo... It was different yet similar to last time. A true test of his willpower as he underwent a spiritual trial once more, but he was more resilient this time. Destroyed and recreated, he was certain he could return this time, and so he endured right until the end. With this new experience, he felt he learned to better understand the cursed power of being a Lich, one who represented life and death at the same time... And then he regained his consciousness.

For a brief moment, he saw the symbol on his hand while his magic still passively controlled the ship as he normally would. He saw the object become seemingly absorbed by him as his blood and lifeline flowed, left with a lingering sensation and a marking. He then slowly looked to Umbra, and then shot up to a standing position as he realized he had passed out, and apparently for hours even as he got back to the controls himself while checking their trajectory. "Good grief!! Hours!? We could end up anywhere! Couldn't you wake me sooner!?" But then he sighed as he confirmed their position. Even when going on a spiritual adventure, he knew where they were going in the first place, so his beloved ship kept going in his place with minor guidance from his magic. "... But fortunately, we're close and on the right track... Now that was scary..." There were mountains in the distance, and already they flew above a grand snowy terrain. The ship itself was beginning to gather up a bit of snow as well as it kept on its course..

He looked to Umbra, and showed her his hand once another matter came to mind. "... I suppose you'll still be wanting me to show you my magic? I'd be inclined to, but I gotta know what you just-... What you did to me today."
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 10:59 pm

"I did what you suggested dear Sugary," her tone clearly saying that if he had any regrets or second thoughts would it be for nought to bring it up now since he had brought it onto himself by asking for it. "Nothing more, nothing less. Although I guess that I more showed you how to do my kind of magic instead of teaching you how to execute it, but I would not call that my fault. Not all were meant to dabble in such magic, and even fewer creatures still have the natural affinity to deliberately control the energies needed to archive worthwhile results.

"You need almost to be..." here did she stop, the young mare twirling her hands over the cover of the book laying in her lap, Sugary seeing that it was the one that he had given her. "You do almost need to have been created with it to preform that kind of magic properly."

She did not know how he kept doing it, him peeling layer and layer of her being of and made her reveal more and more of her to him, but he had done it yet again. But instead of pulling herself back as she had done all the other times did she just shrug a little bit at herself before hiding the book away in the fold of her cloth, it apparently able to hold anything just like her handbag. "As for you showing me your magic, don't. There are really no need."

"I know of all of the spells that I would ever need and then some more." Umbra going over to him as she spoke, taking his marked hand and led him to the seat she just had left. "And I know just as well that I don't have the affinity the use of the magic of unicorns. So whatever energy you would have used on casting the the spells would be of waste, and right now would wasting your energy be the worst thing to do. You should take it at ease, get a lot of liquids inside and eat all of this." Her pointing at a few small pills there were laying beside a steaming dish of clams laying on a bed of beans, its smell fresh and lemony.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 12:36 am

It was at that point that Sugary was coming to realize that, through Umbra, he was gaining wisdom he was not supposed to have. Or at least, not gain it as quickly as he was. She and her magic were an enigma, one he was so tantalizingly curious to know more about. He also felt somewhat cheated in the way she had shown him her magic, but could not find it in his heart to complain about what he got from it instead.

He also felt compelled to protest about being moved away from the controls, but as she spoke, he'd soon feel that she was actually right; Like clockwork, he felt very tired, as the rush from the spiritual trip and the fear of having lost their way soon gave way for whatever price he just paid to get it. He briefly worried if she took a bit of his lifeforce, was trying to convert and corrupt him, or if her little chef had been poisoning and weakening him to make him more vulnerable... at least, those were some of the lingering thoughts in his sudden exhaustion, but not his true feelings. She and her minions, for all the air of danger they possessed, had not done worse to him, and even looked after him. So he looked to her and then the pills and food, smiled weakly... "... Very well... But at the very least, do me the favor of watching out the window for a castle of crystal... Hard to see it for myself sitting here... It should be just over the mountain range... It really is quite the sight..." And so he ate and drank slowly, once again enjoying what he ate, quietly so as he pondered more about his unusual company. It would be on Umbra to decide just how much she wanted to see aside from the castle once the mountains were passed...
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 4:26 pm

She knew that neither of them bore no ill will towards the other, but she had not expected him to just take the pills that she had laid before him without any questions asked, especially since he were one of the most curious and questionable persons she had ever met. But then again, had she wished to harm him could she have done it while he were unconscious instead of waiting and hoping to do so by his good trust alone. "I am amazed Sugary, I had expected many more question from you by now... But then again, you seem a bit worn out, so maybe is it not that surprising that you are this quiet," the mare sitting herself on the table, keeping watch as he had asked of her, not wanting to leave his site just yet after he had gone trough what he had gone trough.

"I do guess that I could have woken you up, but that would only have done harm instead of good, both mentally and physically. Things like that takes the time that they now take, and can't just be hurried along no matter ones desire for it." Umbra having taken a small jar of crystal glass from the table, her shaking a few of the same pills that Sugary just had taken out into the palm of her hand before swallowing them with a bit of water. Her placing the bottle right beside his plate, turning the jar so he could see the label with its delicate italic script "Iron tablets". "If you feel weaker than you are used to when you wake up tomorrow would I highly suggest that you to take a pair of these, also if you wake up with a headache or other parts aching. I take you for being old and responsible enough to administer them on your own, or do you need me to point out that eating half a jar of these will make your tummy hurt?" The mare smiling at herself and her little joke, something light to lift the mood would be a good thing after taking such a dark trip.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 6:44 pm

"Hah... Some things are best left to just show themselves on how they work than to be explained... Actions speak louder than words and all that..." He wasn't quite sure what she was getting at by his now apparent lack of questions, but then he had to admit he did ask a lot; Force of habit it seemed. He smiled and kept listening as he ate his fill.

Then he nodded slowly, thinking he understood her reasons to leave him be earlier. "Okay, okay... But last time I checked, I haven't taught either you or the golems how to pilot... At the very least let me teach you some of that if I should ever go on that... journey again..." A light chuckle followed, as he realized the risks he was putting himself into while actually looking forward to more understanding of her ways. Truly a unique experience... One he would need utmost care and time with.

Thoughts of the invaluable experience aside, he was actually admiring the bottle a bit longer than he should have. It then dawned on him, that aside from learning she was a Lich, he never bothered to ask what else she could dabble in. "Of course I can remember...! But your concern is appreciated... Say, these pills look pretty well made... Do you know how to make medicine and potions...? For that matter... what else do you know how to do aside from Arcane conjuring?" He'd also look to the mark in his hand, and her shoulder, wondering if she was more of an artist than she appeared.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 12:29 am

And back to the old routine of being a tad too nosy and asking questions that she really didn't wanted to delve into. "Sugary... You must take me for a fool if you think that I will tell you such things. Do you think that I still would be if I went around telling each new person that I meet all of my abilities and secrets?" her expression being one in between offence, outrage and insult, an odd mix to see playing on her face, that being yet another ladylike touch to her persona.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 1:24 am

((Occupation.))

At first, the tone of voice Umbra had confused Sugary, but it soon became apparent there was a misunderstanding going on. But for all the rage she had on her face, his gaze was a tired sagacious one in return. Right before her, he clapped his hands once, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath before opening them again. "You silly filly! I know better than to ask you about your past! I'm asking what kinds of things you know that you can make a living out of! Make some bits! You know, a job?" He then raised his arms as if pointing all around him with them. "Even I can't be a Mercanary forever. Or not likely anyway. I'll have to settle down doing something else at some point... That aside, it would be nice to know what I can request for aid upon." He then grabbed the bottle of pills. "These pills are good for my health, aren't they? This is no secret, this is an admirable talent. I'm asking for your talents, Umbra."
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 2:14 am

Snapping after air as a fish finding itself on land while it just moments before had of frolicked at the bottom of the deep blue sea did Umbra look rather dumbstruck, the mare with a dozen libraries hidden away in her head simply lost for words. "I beg your pardon! I am definitely not a silly filly, thank you very much." There were just something about his words that hit a raw and extra sensitive nerve in her, the mare almost seeming to want to slap him for such words, her fists clenching so hard that her nails were cutting into the white skin of her palms.

"And me making a living... don't be absurd! If I may speak freely do I think that you are the silly filly here. I am undead Sugary, there are no living for me to make. While you perhaps can't be a mercenary forever, you ageing, growing frail and slow and bad at hearing and sight will I not share that destiny. If I wished could I go on forever, parts my being will properly continue to exist to the end of times, even if I fought against it with all of my being." She knew that she had said enough by now, so taking a deep breath, counting to five, and letting it all out did she find some of her old self-control and found a voice a bit more suited for dialogues instead of the one useful for yelling competitions inside of tornadoes. "Since you ask, yes those pills are good for your health. Although I don't know why you would doubt such a thing. And you are correct, its no secret, but nor a talent of mine either, for I did not make those pills. I know what building biogs a body need, they know how to mix them up so the blocks stay potent and work." Umbra nodding down towards her two minions, them looking rather proud at themselves at the praise, even high fiving each other when Umbra took her eyes away from them and looked at Sugary once more.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 9:28 pm

Again, Sugary sat and listened to Umbra in her undignified state. At the very least, there wasn't as much hostility coming from either side, but rather a lack of understanding that would soon fade. He felt mildly uncomfortable of being reminded of his mortality by one who claimed might be around forever for better or worst, but that alone was hardly what caught him off guard; It was the fact he hadn't even considered that the medicine had already been prepared by none other than the small pair she had with her that he looked to with mild incredulity... and then slapped his face. "... I should've known they made it. One of them is a Chef..."

Sitting upright and composing himself along with a light snort, he went with the apologies. "Alright, fine... Sorry, I should've asked who made them first... Though I guess you already answered that you pretty much just stick to... Lich matters..." He then crossed his arms and pouted mildly. "... Didn't have to rub it in that I was gonna get old and feeble... It's not as if I want to give up on living yet... Got a lot I still wanna do..." He'd then sigh, and felt an awkward tinge after their latest argument. He'd try to change the topic. "... Ah... Umbra? Misunderstandings aside, can you please look out the window for me? My legs feel a bit weak..." They were getting rather close, to the Empire. In fact, it was very likely even she could see the entire city for herself by now as he carefully adjusted altitude to go lower.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 10:41 pm

If Umbra played her cards right, collected in on a few debts she were owed and created a few dozen more could she properly give him a lifespan that almost could match hers. But knowing him would he not be willing the high price that would come with such a thing, and since she wasn't one to trick others, and especially him, into taking deals that they didn't fully understood the repercussions of.

Since her train of thought had no worthwhile destination would it have derailed itself sooner or later, but looking out of the big window had Umbra a mental crash of thoughts, all things derailing as her mouth slowly slipped open in disbelief and silent tears ran down her cheeks. She had never felt this feeling before, neither had she heard of it, but later when she would read trough her dictionary to figure out what she had felt would she figure out that it was called homesickness.

Sure the slender crystalline towers there made out the radiating castle and centre of the city were a sight to behold, it stretching its towers towards the sky as the longing arms of a lover towards the moon and her cold caressing silver light. Sure the myriad of fine streets, them drawing up the lines with light of the most delicate and intricate snowflake there had ever been or would be were a sight that one could be lost in for hours on end. And while yes the homes of the ponies living there had more details, and yet were more simple than many other housing found in or around Equestria, each and every competing with its neighbour to be the one that caught most eyes with their inner shine, where neither of those things the one that Umbra had her wet eyes glued at.

For the mare were looking up at the sky, her seeing the dance of light there were on display. She saw how the nuances of red playfully were having a game of tag with the cyan, it trying to catch the tail of the other, while fleeing the teasing touch of yellow that tried time and time again to sneak up on it and mix itself up in it. It were so shining, so many mind numbing colours dancing before her eyes with an intensity a thousand times stronger than that she were used to from her home. "How is it beautifully pretty..." the voice of the crying mare strained with more feelings than she ever had felt before. "So amazingly pretty..." Her then taking a deep breath, deeper than what there should be possible for a mare of her small size, and began to sing a song of her people.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 8:13 pm

There wasn't a whole lot Sugary could do from where he sat except watch Umbra and her subtle movements. He did notice she spent an awful lot of time admiring the terrain because when she did speak up, all she mentioned was how the sight was awe inspiring and began to sing. Since he still had no actual answer from her about where to go, he sighed mildly but not with contempt as he slooowy dragged the chair he sat on so he could look out the window itself... He also had to admit, it was the happiest he'd seen her by far as he got no bad vibes from her powerful otherwordly chanting. "Wow... That feathery golem hit the right mark pointing me here... She looks ecstatic! What else does he know?" "Oh, an Aurora! How lovely... So is the singing by the way." He'd see for himself out the window better now, and began to redirect the ship to a safe landing spot with a weary but content smile.

Eventually, the ship would finally land several yards in the outskirts of the Castle Town, drawing some attention from the nearby homes and locals as they were a curious bunch lost in time still compared to most. There was even a guard looking upon them, but it was more out of caution than hostility. Meanwhile inside the bridge, the controls were set to lock in place as Sugary turned the airship off again, and then slumped back in his chair as he sighed again. "Oh... Finally here, but I'm not too sure I feel like walking out..." He'd look over in the distance to the castle straight ahead from the bridge's view and the aurora with some lament. "Shame... Such a grand night to go out on too..."
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 1:16 am

With her nose and hands almost glued to the window to watch it all did she almost didn't noticed that Sugary had talked to her, her ears first turning towards him a few moments after he had spoken his words. "What would you be willing to give in exchange of the energy that you would need to go out and watch the night at first hand?" She could not offer him a deal for an expended lifespan, eternal youth or to keep his mane as rich on volume as it was now to the end of his days, but she would not feel bad about offering him such a deal. In a way was it her fault that he were so weak now, not having explained to him what his request would bring with it, but then again did he not seem that regretful over the experience that had befallen him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 3:49 am

Sugary's ear flicked over to Umbra as he kept still in thought. Slowly, he turned to look at her. In his mind, he considered offering her a hug half-jokingly since it was something he was perfectly capable of giving, but he didn't want to push his luck with her about touching, not when it came to her serious nature when it came to making deals. "... That depends on what you could want from me in the first place... What have I got that strikes your fancy?" He was curious to know what a Lich such as her would desire on a whim. It might give him more insight to what she's like.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 5:11 am

Why was it that dark demonic deals almost always ended up with this ping ponging back and forth, "What will you offer?", "What do you wish?, "What do you want to give up for what you desire?", "What are my wish worth," and so on and so on. They were not haggling over a what quality and quantity of silk that one could squeeze out of the other for the lowest amount of coin, this deal were, quite literary, a matter of life and death. "I would need something of value in return, the more personal value it contains, the more energy will I be able to give to you." The mare giving the 101 in demon bargaining while she slowly pulled herself away from the sight in the sky, drying her eyes with the ends of her sleeves.

"Since you only want a tiny amount of energy does it not have to be that valuable to you, and if you pay me more than what the favour is worth do you not need to fear it being a loss, I do not forget what I owe as others doing these deals are so quick to do." She had turned towards him now, pulling the sleeve of her left arm up so the markings on it were showing as to underline what she said was the truth. Umbra knew that this properly wouldn't be their last trade, they had given truths for truths, slivers of life for slivers of knowledge, and now would something be given in return for power.

Had Mister Voice not been such a big influence upon her would Umbra perhaps question herself upon how wise it was to guide this stallion that had shown her nothing but trust and kindness, maybe not unconditional trust and kindness, but still trust and still kindness, since he had laid eyes upon her down this shadowy road... But as the old saying went in for a bit, in for a buck... She did just hope that if curiosity killed the cat would satisfaction bring it back.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 5:53 am

If Sugary had been following Umbra's words and ways carefully up till now, he figured he also had the right wisdom to take with him for this bargain she was offering. He didn't seek to be overly minimalistic or get much out of it, just be fair with the trade-off as he looked to her arm, and then right back outside. "If you give me the energy to move well... I'd use it to to try and give you a tour of the town then. After that, I should be heading back though. Wouldn't do to skip on rest I probably need anyway... So how about it? That fair enough for you?"
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:53 pm

She had hoped for something physical, something that she could have used as the needed fuel for her black magic instead of her having to resort to using slivers of her own life force. The fact that he probably would have offered to lead and guide her trough this new town if he hadn't been that curious and spent his energy already, did not go Umbra by. Those two details had almost made the fiendish deal not go trough, but then again were there there small detail of Umbra having led him down this road without his full content... As before, in for a bit, in for a buck.

Throwing her hands out, fingers spread as far as they could go, threw the mare her head so far back that it at first had looked like she had broken it. But it was clear that she hadn't been harmed as she drew her hands together, needle thin sparks of shadowy energy jumping playfully from finger to finger, them gathering into a cocoon around Umbras bone white hands as they touched each other as if calling to prayer. Turning her eyes on him could he see that there were no iris, no white to her eyes, the black of the pupils having flooded her eyes to the brim, a macabre sight as she slowly went over towards him... And a distraction as Umbra then lunched unannounced forward, a hand surrounded in the energy seeking for Sugary's ear, strafing his cheek in its way.

It was like laying on a field of grass a lazy midsummer day, the suns yellow beams showering one with warmth and relaxation, muscles that before had been tired and aching now just soaking it all up and began slowly to unwind. The enchanting feeling began in the ear that Umbras hand gracefully glided over, her trying to be as light as she could with her touch as to not intrude too much on his privacy, this experience not being very different from all of the other encounters with Umbras magic as it both seemed to last an eternity and just a fraction of a split second as well.

With a sly tilted smile pulled Umbra her hand back as the deed were done, drying her brow there were glistening in sweat. "I do not know how fair the deal were to begin with, you most likely having offered me that if you had had the energy to begin with, so I do not hope that you mind me tilting it just a little bit in my favour." She did not know why she enjoyed to touch him on the ear so much, maybe was it because he seemed to be so alive in those moments, something that she envied with all of her heart and wanted for herself, or perhaps were she just too influenced by demonic forces as to not torture the stallion at each that offered themselves to her. Who knew, all she knew was that it was fun, and a screwed kind of balance had been found.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:06 am

It was a bit of a trial to sit next to Umbra with the way her power and gestures seemed to work, but for all the intimidating traits the nature of her spells held, he never blinked for a moment even when staring into the abyss that was her deep dark eyes as they stared back at him... Only to then be shaken to the core out of his exhaustion, and suddenly finding himself shooting up from the stool as he knocked it back and stared right upon her face with a vivid blush and alert eyes. "If by tilting it in your favor you mean my ears, then yes, I suppose you are!" He was already flustered to say the least.

Since he was more or less back to normal for now, he took a deep breath and stretched in place to get warmed up after the long trip. "... Aaanyway... The tour I'll be giving is general, of course, but I'll be sure to point out what I can remember from my first visit that stood out. You seem like you'd like books, so I can show you to the library right away. Unless you got something else in mind you'd like to see that might be here?" He'd look around the bridge, and assess the state of it. "Should probably clean up the plates and all first though..." He spoke softly in thought, but Umbra could tell him to escort her out at any time as she so wished. He traded her energy for his attention after all.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 7:37 pm

With a wave of her hand went the little mud chef for the dirty plates and mugs, taking them away with it out towards the kitchen where the sound of the starting of dish washing could be heard. "What are this of Sugary? You say right away one second, and then try to stall and drag your feet by wanting to do the dishes." Umbras tone being light, her clearly kidding with her teasing.

"It is true that I like my books, but I think that it about time that I see the world trough my own eyes and not though those of others, wouldn't you say so as well?" Her having her head tilted as she asked the question, before nodding over towards the door and went its way, slow enough so both Sugary and her golem could catch up, the feathered fiend finding its place on her shoulder once more.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:14 pm

With the bridge cleaned up once more, he was content and more than ready to proceed, even if Umbra was dealing with things rather humorously; A very welcome attitude from her as far as he could tell with a cocked brow following close by. "Hey, I may have a lot of stuff lying around up there, but I do happen to prefer none of it gets smudged."

In order to answer her last question, he'd open a ramp to allow them exit from the lower hallway next to the supply room, and gesture towards the small curious crowd before them. "I suppose so. For starters... Tell me, what do you think of the way they look to you compared to you or I?" He specifically meant their unique porcelain-like bodies as if they weren't made of skin and bones, despite being as such. Before he could go too far, he'd leave Umbra briefly as the guard, distinctly crystal-like in appearance compared to the rest, caught his attention for a small chat to him about registering at the castle in the event of an extended stay. The guard seemed to have gotten a special kind of blessing compared to the rest that let him keep his appearance constantly.

Among other things Umbra might notice, was the the once frozen ground was well and truly soft, grassy, and fertile as it appeared if she stepped off the ramp at any time. The air was also pleasantly cool rather than frigid. She'd also notice several looking right at her golems curiously. No matter were they went, it seemed her minions would always stand out despite their diminutive size.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 4:30 pm

With how the mare were walking just as freely and care free here as she had done in the heat of the burning Zebracan sun, were the mare apparently not affected by the weather here either. As a lot of ponies had gathered around to stare preened the golem quickly its plume to make itself as pretty and eye catchy as it could, the total counter to its creator that were just one step behind Sugary at all time in a faint attempt to hide herself from all the gazes.

Sugary had been right, the ponies were not as anything else that Umbra had ever seen before, anything mortal that is. Had she not met creatures with such prominent elemental affinities before had she properly taken a bit more time to study them and take it all in, instead hid she herself up, pulling the hood of her clothing closer. "Frail, as if I touched them would they fall over and break into a myriad of pieces." Came her low reply, softly spoken between two sentences from the guard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)
Page 8 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next