A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Share | 

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:19 pm

It wasn't as if he was trying to avoid taking the part, but finding Umbra after her sudden departure meant acting was second in his mind. And now it seemed he just didn't have much of a choice in the matter for the young mare, not so much for the fact of sour events, but because she looked genuinely eager to see him in the play; How could he possibly say no, especially after she coyly urged him on while sprinkling water on him and startling him? He felt the comparison to a turtle was a bit much though.

After he got a half humid handkerchief from the golem, reluctantly so, he somewhat dried himself off as he spoke, wondering in the back of his head that while Umbra was clearly buzzed, she at least seemed to be at ease and made things easier on the both of them. "Thanks for the... handkerchief... And alright, Umbra, I'll get to it. By the way, would you like to meet the others before the play begins? Whether I act or not, I can still do that much, and maybe you'll like what they got hidden away."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:38 am

((Music of a Zebracan plaza))

As if taking time to think tapped Umbra a finger to her lips, even if she already knew the answer to the stallions question, her eyes wandering over him, lingering at the spots of still damp fur... It was amazing what a little bit of water could do to a coat of hair, when one came to think on such a simple and mundane thing that is.

With the help of one hand pushed she herself away from the basin of the fountain, launching herself on legs a bit more steady than before towards Sugary, her stealing her handkerchief back from him, throwing it high in the air as to distract him, only to stand there offering her arm to him as his eyes would land on her once more. "You know just the things to say to a girl, don't you mister Market? Lead the way and show me your hidden secrets."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Sugary got the feeling Umbra was gonna be acting oddly for quite a while as he followed her every gesture with his eyes, but he was hardly complaining. She was mellowed out, and that made things easier to mend between them, so he took it all in stride as she amused him with her wiles and took her hand. He also made sure to look at the golems when doing so, making sure to acknowledge them as he grabbed her cold hand in the event they were to not approve for some reason. For the time being, he didn't particularly mind her feeling cold, though he had various ideas as to why she was cold aside from just physical traits; Ideas he kept to himself for now as he led the way...

Once they had gone the short distance into the large tent set up for the performers, he and Umbra would be immersed in a small world of colorful costumes, paintings, aromas, and the busy native voices of the Zebricans already inside as they tinkered with the final touches of their preparations. Eventually, they would acknowledge the duo; Umbra in particular would get attention from them not just from the way she was dressed, but also because she was like one of them, and yet wasn't. She had a horn where they did not, and her stripes and mane were a radiant blue compared to their more monotone stripes. One stallion made a light comment complementing her beauty, one mare seemed to want to keep her distance by mentioning something about odd vibes, another mare wondered if Sugary had changed his mind yet, and one other stallion approached them, smiling at the both of them. "Back so soon, Mister Market? Is this the mare you were searching for?"

"Yes, she is. I thought it'd be nice if I brought her here to see the backstage before the play... That's not a problem, is it?" said Sugary.

"No, it is no problem at all so long as it is brief. But have you made your decision yet? Young Akiambo keeps pestering me now and then, very eager in that you don't accept the role so he may take it. Though I suspect he just wants to be where everyone can see him."

"Heh, I see... Well, I've come to say yes actually. I also wanted to introduce her while we're here... Umbra, this is Masoso and his group of performers. Mares and colts, this is Umbra." Soon after introducing Umbra, Masoso quickly translated Sugary's words to the others, and they all politely greeted Umbra, some more eagerly than others, before continuing with their work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:13 am

Had Umbra been more clear headed or used to bigger social gatherings like this would she most likely had caught some of the undertones hanging in the air, her just instead inching a bit closer and closer to Sugary with each new face that presented itself. Her using him a bit as a shield to shy away, while the golems made sure to act on their mistresses behalf when it came to actual expression. The guardian standing as tall as a hoof of clay can stand, while the other snug around mostly unseen as it expressed its thoughts about those that wasn't so nice to the Midnight Mare. A few bowls of make up and some mirrors as well would soon find themselves with a mysterious layer of frost on them, making one of the artists whine now and then at the cold chocks.

"Sugary there is really no need to make a big act out of this," whispered Umbra, her head half turned away, her cheeks ablush. "You said that you would show me something, not show me forth..." The mare finding a bit of her lost voice when the bone glad golem began to crawl up her body to give her a supportive kiss on the cheek before taking a place on her shoulder, the golems form shifting from that of a man to that of a bird, it preening feathers that it did not have as to be pretty and fit a bit more in with the background.

Umbra had known which tribe Masoso came from at the same moment she had seen him, but remembering his tribes customs did still take much longer time than what Umbra was comfortable with. The young mare ending up choosing to make the bow and greeting of fitting an unmaried mare of her social rank meeting an unmarried stallion of his rank, Umbra getting some lifted eyebrows as she did not miss one single detail, even going the extra mile of adding her own tribes greeting to his "May the stars shine bright over thy head tonight, and guide you and your troupe into wisdom and prosperity" All of the zebras catching the meaning of good intent behind the High Zebracan words, but a few understanding the words themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:00 pm

Sugary chuckled sheepishly for a brief moment at Umbra. "Ah... Sorry about that, you're right. I just thought it'd be polite..." Under no circumstances was he trying to be a bother to her, but he had to admit the way she hid behind him was adorable, as was the way one of the golems tended to her.

Masoso himself looked with a raised brow at the golems, though said nothing. The younger stallion made a comment about how he bet he could do that and more if he had a horn sticking out of his head. The younger mare thought the golems were simply the most fascinating thing she had ever seen as she didn't stop gawking at them. The last mare looked to be getting pale as she saw the golems, but before she could say a word, Masoso cast a quick but mild glare as if to make sure she didn't say anything rude. Since most of the focus was on the larger Sugary and Umbra though, the other golem got away with his mischief for later.

Once Umbra showed the group a customary greeting though, that was when Masoso really reacted, feeling as if he might just have met Umbra before, or had seen her a long time ago at least. He, along with most of the rest, returned the greeting, each with some minor variations from one another due to family customs within their tribe. Masoso himself however, would look to Umbra's eyes directly. "... It is strange, but your face looks familiar to me. Long before my wrinkles started even. I doubt you'd be the same mare though... Well, that aside, if you want to look at anything closely, feel free to do so. The performance will not start for a while longer, but I will need to speak with Mr. Sugary about his part if he intends to join us." It was now up to Umbra if she wanted to stay a bit longer, or leave the tent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:29 am

Not knowing who she should address at first went Umbras head from zebra to zebra, her head turning on her neck from one and to the other with her mouth half open, words forming in her mouth, but did never end up spoken. Umbra was not at all used to attention like this, not even after all that attention and questions that Sugary had given her. She wanted to do things right, being polite and answer them all to fit in, but seeing that she couldn't speak with a half dozen voices at once chose she to address Masoso first.

"I will miss my chaperone, but I know that if I don't let you steal him away will I miss out on something bigger, so he is all yours," said she before she let go of him, her hand squeezing his for just a short moment before she let go of him and took a step back to give the two stallions room to do what they had to do, her hand almost feeling warm when she had squeezed it.

Having permission to walk and sturdy the troupe as she pleased were Umbra almost half over to the two zebras that seemed positive towards her, but Masosos remark filled her head to the brim. There were many holes in her memory, especially memories from when she was younger and Mister Voice had had more to say, so she could have been to their theatre once for some reason although she had no memory of such a thing, come to think of it could she not remember a single time she ever had seen a theatre preform. "Seeing the wonders of your troupe and all the amazing art they surround themselves with am I sure that I would remember it if we had met before, but I do sadly not remember such a thing. It must have been my mother that you are reminiscing trough me, my mother was a mare very found of the older traditions, and would not miss a performance such as yours for anything in the world," replied she the older stallion before curtsying to give her goodbye.

Umbra was happy for her reply as she sat her shoulder golem down at the table of the gawking mare, it gawking back at her, mimicking her movements each time she moved around. To lie was to sin, but it had not really been a lie what she had said, just a bit selective view on the truth. The old ways was her mothers life in more than one meaning after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:38 pm

Sugary's eyebrow twitched mildly and briefly as Umbra was letting him go. He could have sworn she felt warm to the touch for a moment. "... I'm sure I didn't just imagine that... What could it mean though...?" It wasn't like he was trying to solve a huge puzzle or mystery, but there was something about the gesture that felt important. Perhaps time will reward him with an answer. "It shouldn't take too long, so you'll see me again soon." He smiled, simply because it was an amusing thought to have someone waiting on him without any rush or worries, even by the still enigmatic Umbra.

Masoso nodded at her words about the past, though he still seemed thoughtful about it. "... Perhaps it was your mother then. That would explain things better. The resemblance is quite striking though... And do not worry, I will soon return your chaperone." Afterwards, both of them moved elsewhere into another area of the tent to speak more privately, and while it was all under the same tent, it was large enough that they may as well have gone to a separate room altogether.

There would be more for Umbra to see in the tent if she looked more closely, such as costumes designed with materials from varying territories, and some even made with real animal hide and bones, which is sure to make the golems look like decorations themselves among the whole collection. There were also some intricately carved figurines, various powders and herbs for make up and use for aesthetics and special effects. All in all, while Umbra would see what was expected of a performance group, it was all of very fine and even delicate quality; Not something that should be tampered with too much... as evidenced when one of the young stallion kept complaining about goosebumps from the unusually cold make-up and outfit he was to wear.

Meanwhile, the younger gawking mare was busy painting a part of the set while looking at Umbra and the golem. She didn't say much of anything, simply content to view the both of them up close while switching between colors, finding some inspiration right before her eyes without hesitation. The inspiration would result in figures of the dead in a more lively looking form thanks to the bone dressed golem, while Umbra would provide an excellent reference for blue and white hues for the sky and water.

The older mare, still kept her distance as expected as she mixed some of the herbs and powder for the show, her eyes like that of a hawk as she did not want either the golems or Umbra to come close to her, lest she twitch uncontrollably because of some bad juju...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Umbra knew full well how artists generally wanted to work on their own, shine by their own merit and in general worked just as well in groups as cats did, but seeing as she now was inspiration to the painting, and perhaps because the fuzzy wine had washed just a bit of self control away, helped Umbra along on the picture in her own little way. With dancing fingers and softly glowing horn came there a new depth to all the dark hues in the picture, nothing major really, the difference in before and after being about the same as an eyeglasses wearing pony would find before and after they had cleaned their seeing aids after a hard day of work.

While Umbra on one hand was fine with standing in the background and help in an unnoticed manner, were the bone clad golem on the other hand not fine with just being in the background, it walking around between brushes and paints, its terracotta skin soon shining as a rainbow as it went around. It messing itself up, but nothing else. Finding a few stray feathers here and there as well added it them to the plumage on its head, the seagull slowly turning into something that looked like a macabre parrot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:39 am

The artist was certainly perplexed by what seemed to be sudden changes in the painting itself, but rather than scold Umbra, the mare found more inspiration in combining expert strokes with active magic. It did wonders for her muse. The golem, too, served to be a fine model for added colorings and shapes, but the artist at some point curiously looked at the golem and Umbra, and spoke in her native tongue which Umbra might understand if she didn't mind a likely varying dialect. "A most suitable manikin it makes... But if it seeks to be part of the play, I think it should know we have enough actors already." Her words were not harsh at all as her smile meant she thought the clay being was wanting to be part of the show...

In the time Umbra and her Guardians spent with the artist and the others to an extent, Sugary and Masoso could eventually be heard chuckling as they came out again, having been done with their talk of preparations. Masoso would gather everyone's attention, Umbra's in particular. "Okay. We are done with our negotiations. it is now time to really set up the play for good. The rest of the crew will be here very soon... As for you, Miss Umbra... I am afraid I will have to ask you to leave the tent. It will soon become very crowded for a mere guest to stay with us."

Sugary then said his own words as well, but not until he got a good look at the golems, particularly the one with the bones. "... I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long. That said, yeah, you're gonna have to wait outside. The show should start soon enough though. I promise I'll meet you back out again when I get the chance." And he meant it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:55 pm

With a small curtsey and smile on her lips to the painting zebra as she took her little friend up and places him on her shoulder so she knew where she had him, bidding her farewell. Her curtsey and other gestures of farewells being more quickly over with and informal, and no longer with a honest smile to accompany it with. "Mere?" whispered the young mare to her companion as they went outside, a finger caressing trough the odd beings plume to distract itself and its owner from doing more destructive things. Frost dripping from her whispered voice, as well as the footsteps she left behind her, the hoofmarks of rime melting away with the same pace that they had formed.

Seeing as she was just a mere guest found the young mare herself a mere place to sit to enjoy the mere show. The mares mere huffing and puffing, her mere naked arms laid on top of each other in the mere sign of disapproval, making a mere stallion of the mere zebra race lift his brow merely an inch before joining the mere seat beside the mere mare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:49 am

Some time later, more and more of a crowd would gather around Umbra, though several seemed to have the innate wisdom to neither get too close to the gloomy looking mare, nor get in her way of sight, lest she throw a tantrum. Granted, the place was still crowded, so it wasn't too obvious either from several of them.

The sun was slowly beginning to set by the time the play was really getting underway, the introduction being done by none other than Masoso himself in native tongue, who did acknowledge Umbra briefly, for his own reasons, but soon went into a steady flow of storytelling about the seasons in the past and present, while some mood music was provided to keep people invested in the feelings he was trying to convey. Behind, and around him, the scenery was made to move in both the background, and through the use of a couple extras pretending to be both certain creatures, and close up of objects such as trees and flowers. The show was being directed as if it were a pop-up book.

That didn't mean the story as it went on wasn't simplistic, however. Moving around so as to give space to the other moving actors in his introduction, Masoso spoke of the hardships the lands would face the most, and the scenery would show more and more barren displays of famine and drought.

Before the story went on further still though, a certain someone would nudge his way into the crowd wearing a plain gray long robe that covered him from head to toe, and would manage to sit down next to Umbra and speak in a very familiar voice. "... I had some time before my part really begins... You feeling okay? You looked a bit upset since you sat down you know... Also, where's the other golem?" Even fully covered, the concerned voice of Sugary wouldn't be too hard to recognize as he had purposely approached the moody mare and her companion without a second thought, feeling comfortable enough around them to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Still huffing and puffing in her merely way did the mere mare not look up from the show as her chaperone rejoined her, her eyes icy glare thawing over the distance between her merely self and that of them merer storyteller. The distance between the two being a good thing for them both, least he wanted frostbites.

"Why should I not be okay?" came it short and snappy from the mare, her voice being as cold as her eyes that hadn't moved an inch off target as she answered him. "I feel a little bit warmer than usual, but beside that are there nothing wrong with me, neither in mood nor in health." Her bone and feather clad servant as well as its brother looking to each other at the words she spoke, the way that they looked at each other telling Sugary that there was little truth in the words.

There went a little while, their story teller telling a few more lines, and the scene shifting once before the mare sighed and turned her head to the concerned stallion. "You should not worry about me Mister Market, as said am I fine. You should rather think of yourself and your important role, instead of the mere audience... Although..." A thought hit the mare, and with that did her icy eyes thaw, their emotion warming up and a little smile forming on her lips. "Maybe do this mare have a role to play as well..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:37 pm

While the play went on, Sugary thought something was still off about Umbra, and the way her minions seemed to behave only further convinced him of it. Oddly enough, only one part of her speech would actually elicit a short chuckle out of him, and that was how she felt about the crowd. "Heh... Well, I'd hardly call the crowd 'mere' by any means... The stage means nothing if there's no audience to captivate, make them feel emotions, and tell the story to. And if they're not there, then none will go home and tell their friends, and then have those tell their own friends. Yes, their role is to have a story to share with others at least, and captivate them as well." It would slowly become clear that Sugary did place value on those that watched. "Besides, I would worry if you're not enjoying yourself. Would be a shame if I brought you here just to bore you... You're right about my own role though, I can't stay here for much longer..."

Very shortly after, Masoso would move further away to the side as to give more view to the stage and the story, but his voice would still be carried by the wind to all present. The scenery began to show a few more of the art depicting a rather morbid looking formation of bones that resembled a certain little creature an artist became fascinated with in some ways. "That's my cue... I'll be watching from the stage." Sugary spoke softly and smiled as he gathered magic from under the robes he wore, and soon after used a modified teleportation spell to not cause light to appear, but instead disappear as if he were never there, and reappear as a shadow rising from the ground swiftly on stage with dark magical smoke surrounding him.

The music and story had stopped right there and then, and so he stood silently as he slowly raised his head towards the crowd. He then suddenly removed the robe in a dramatic fashion, and revealed that the robe was more like a large dark cape with a hood, as well as a stallion covered from horn to hoof in a mix of jet black bodypaint, had been given a mane color treatment to make it look dirty, and glow in the dark green that was drawn upon the majority of his toned body with the exception of a loincloth to make him look as a skeleton of a unicorn, to represent a spirit of death for the purposes of the play. It helped that his horn, eyes, and mouth were glowing a fierce red due to his own magic to add to the morbid look, and soon the play regained life as drums were played hard, and singers nearby chanted lyrics of death, famine, and misfortune loudly while Sugary continued to use his magic for the sake of the show, and make it seem as if fire spread all over the stage from his mouth and hands towards the crowd for a moment. It wasn't all just an illusion on his part though, as he purposely spread heat as if about to cast a fire spell in the air around him, but he was responsible with it to only let the crowd feel the difference and make the play more immersive.

Once his part was done after he 'killed' the creatures of the land further and 'ruined' the environment, he disappeared in a puff of black smoke again while laughing. It seemed playing a villainous role was hardly new to him. Soon after, Masoso began to continue the story again, and the focus would shift to how spirits of nature would come together to right the wrongs Sugary had caused, and leaving much of the crowd quite astonished to say the least...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:17 pm

With Sugary having played his role took Umbra hers in own hand, the mares horn subtly glowing with its dark eldritch aura, the merish mare pulling bits and pieces of the nearby zebras shadows, weaving them around her into a shrouding cloak. As she went almost dancing between the rest of the audience on silent steps, her being careful to not step on anyponies toes or touch them either, not wanting to draw attention to her already and ruin the spell of hiding in plane sight, or the magical crescendo she slowly was building up in her mind.

Not knowing how long she had left were her steps outside of the audience with a bit of haste behind them, Umbra hurrying towards the fountain where Suggary had found her. She needed the helping hands of her two clay friends to get her fully up to her goal, the back of her mind being happy for the spell that hid her and her not so gracious ascent, high heels and sparkly wine having all the blame for her unsteady arise, and not a lack of certain athletic skills she may or mayn't lack.

Sitting with her legs on top of each other, donning the marvel of a fountain as a sitting lotus, dipped she a hand into the water. As soon as her finger touched the water, as soon began a film of frost to form on the water, small pieces of ice forming from her hand as it was fully submersed. Lifting her hand from the freezing water fell many a frozen piece from it, the pull of the water stealing them away from their creator, only to fall and like glittering silver stars in the cascades of water with nopony to see them. "And with act at its end..." said the mare aloud to herself, her blowing on her hand, a small cloud of frost slowly forming around it as her breath ebbed out. As her smile grew began small flicks of her magic to play in the darkening and densening cloud, one would almost begin to think of thunder, if one was able to see it. "Thus let the second act commence..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:59 am

Sugary had been trying to spot Umbra from his spot in the backstage, but had lost track of her as she moved when he wasn't looking. He then tried to follow what seemed to be magic, but it confused him as it felt as though zebras that were quite clearly standing still were also moving at the same time. "... It feels like... Umbra...? And yet... I feel a small crowd moving...? What's going on.......? I hope she at least likes the show so far." Umbra was going to great lengths to hide herself, and was successful in that he couldn't quite track her under the borrowed shades.

Meanwhile, the show continued as more actors came onto the stage. From that point on, came a tale of great spirits of nature coming together to restore the land and stop the destruction. One by one they would be introduced by Masoso as he narrated on, and one by one they introduced their intentions and laments by song, each with a slightly different flavor and tone. One was more somber, one was more pragmatic, and one was more comical. The background art changed teasingly at what they represented, but all ended the same way once their songs was over: the land under destruction.

(("Stampede!"))

Time would pass, and the spirits would journey and find the evil spirit first before they could try and restore the land in peace. The time finally came, and Sugary as the evil spirit re-emerged on one side of the stage, while the rest faced opposite of him. When the music began, the small music and chorus group were really giving it their best performance by far as they sang the battle on. Sugary was certainly starting strong with more illusions to try and overwhelm the spirits, while the rest of the actors showed their true elegance by dancing nimbly around the stage in their ornamented costumes, each invoking their powers as colored smoke, mirrors, lights, and artwork slowly overtook the evil one's powers. Ultimately, the evil spirit was surrounded and weakened, but it held its ground surrounded by its great destructive power swirling about him, howling and throwing fire meekly. And so, the good spirits danced their finest to try and invoke the powers of nature to try and combat both the evil spirit, and the destroyed land... They were trying to call upon restorative rain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:53 am

"Exit, pursued by a manticore." whispered the shrouded mare to herself as she heard the actors plea for rain. Once more did she lower the hand down into the fountain, and once more did ice form, but where just flecks had formed before spread the frost now as a spiders web over the water.

Waiting a little bit more, letting the atmosphere grow thicker, the spiderweb of magic spread, the audience sit a bit longer without their finale, sighed the mare as she gathered herself one last time before entering the stage and taking her place. "The price will be high..." her sighs growing into a moaning groan as she closed her eyes, the mare spreading her fingers down in the ice, the ice creaking as to complain with her. "But alas, the show must go on..."

With one movement opened the zebracorn her eyes, them shining with the magic from within. With one movement rose the mage up from her shroud, thick threads of deep shadows falling from her as autumn leafs for the wind, blowing around her and now drawing peoples attention to the oddity in the corner of their eye instead of hiding it. And with one movement threw the young mare her arms as far as they could reach in the air, the ice following right after, breaking asunder as they rose, what there just before was dark ice now slivers of the mare in the moon silver shine itself.

For the shortest of moments that seemed to last forever, played silver lights and midnight darkness a game of tag in the air. First just over the magical mare, but then over all gathered. But as so many miracles, sights of dreams and fairytale sights did it not last long, the ice soon melting as ice now does in heated Zebracan air, it falling as a quick light drizzle. While the rain was cold for sure, were there not enough of it to soak though the fur of the equines, it ending up being a light refresher rather than the nuisance that rain quickly became this time of the year.

"And... Crescendo!" the words spat trough clenched teeth and a haze of pain as she gathered even more magic around her body, the mare catching each and every piece of shed shadow, sucking them dry of their energy before teleporting away in a flash, her role having come to an end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Fri May 01, 2015 5:51 am

With the show already taking up most of the attention from the entire crowd, Umbra would still remain largely unnoticed by all but one: Sugary. He was still seeking out for the unusual presence, but he could only do so much while busy with the show as it were.

Eventually though, he did catch what was going on at a distance since he was the only one looking right towards Umbra's direction, while the others had their eyes on him and the dancers. A few of the aides were preparing to sprinkle some water into the air from behind the stage... so it came as a surprise to most working the show when cool water suddenly rained a bit ahead of schedule all over, which caused mild confusion since some could not quite tell who gave the signal first, so Masoso just decided to roll with it and have them sprinkle even more water. The crowd, of course, felt greatly immersed as they felt the cool water mildly, rooting as the evil spirit breathed his last and dissolved into the ground as the water purified him and the land.

The rest of the show and story would continue without a hitch, and the tale of the spirits of nature renewing the land was seen through to the end as Masoso and the performers drew it all to a close with more singing and dancing, this time the process being more ritualistic by comparison as the chanting had a slightly different dialect, and the dancing was less for flair and more for invoking feeling. Over in the horizon of the land in the early evening, a few clouds were beginning to move about...

While the crowd sang the praises of the show when it was all over, Sugary had once again donned his robe, leaving the area a bit early for the time being as he searched for Umbra. He felt that something wasn't quite right. While the show went well, he had to wonder what compelled Umbra to do what she did. "Umbra...?" He'd call out to her in any direction he thought and felt she might have gone to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu May 07, 2015 3:02 pm

She had tried to reach the ship with her spell, wanting for the softness of her bed to lay and relax on, but had only travelled a few dozen hoofs with the burst of magic instead of the hundreds she needed to reach the target.

Resting up against an alley wall head she Sugary's call, but with a thin stream of blood running freely from her nose, it being repeatedly brushed away with the back of her hand before it fell and dirtied her dress, and with a heaving and sinking breast as she was out of breath called she not return the call. As she cleaned the blood away once more, it now a trickle, waves she with her free hand for one of her golems to get it to guide the stallion over to her.

As she saw her chaperone return was he greeted with a self satisfied smile, her still a bit out of breath and licking a last drop of blood away. "I bet you never saw that coming," the mare stretching a hand forth as she wanted help getting up, only to retract it and change it out with the other as she saw she had offered her dirtied one to begin with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu May 07, 2015 3:27 pm

Sugary would be quick to follow the beckoning of the Golems as he went after Umbra, soon kneeling down in front of her and grabbing her bloody hand, gently, not minding it was bloody in the least. He was examining the blood on it as if her hand were rather frail with how he held it from below with his own. "I certainly didn't, but you did startle the crowd well to be sure. In a good way... Are you alright though? You didn't hit your head on something, did you? Please let me check..." He sounded rather concerned, as he gazed right to her face from under the hood of his robe, stretching out the other arm to try and gently get her mane out of the way to look at her face properly to see if it was just the nose that was bleeding. He hadn't forgotten she was likely to be on the defensive when touched, but he couldn't very well ignore the thought that she probably hit her head while buzzed from alcohol. He also hoped the golems would not mind him touching their Master so delicately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu May 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Having expected a tug and a helping hand to steadying her feet were Umbra rather perplexed when Sugary touched her gently instead. She could understand the examining of her hand, were she offered a bloody hand would she also look at it an extra time, just for different reasons than what Sugary was doing, but it was the touch to her mane, the careful gentle fingers that slowly moved on her hair that she couldn't find head or tail of.

She did not know why she did what she did. Maybe was it because Sugary's act woke a faint memory of times long past where she had awoken from nightmares by her golems doing the same act. Maybe was it because she was a bit buzzed still and the act felt cooling against her head, even if his fingers was so warm compared to her almost freezing skin, or a whole third reason. But after Umbra had pulled her head backwards in surprise leaned she it forward, her forehead seeking out his gentle touch, her eyes slowly closing as she just sat there and took it in.

"You know..." came it out of the blue from her as he was still touching her, her voice low and soft, "That is an awfully infective way to help someone up." Umbra slowly pulling her head back from his inspection, turning her hand so she could take a grip on his, the moment of delicate touching now over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Thu May 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Sugary chuckled softly at the way Umbra reacted, but was glad she allowed him to check on her at least. "Tch... That's because I'm making sure you didn't hit your noggin, you silly. I can't very well let you walk if you have a concussion, now can I...? But, nose aside, your pretty little head is okay. No bumps or bruises. So..." He then let her grab onto his arm, and with the other one as he rearranged himself, he gently, though firmly, placed the other one around her waist to help her up slowly. "There we go... Now seriously, what's wrong with your nose? Oh, wait... Let's get you cleaned up first. Then you can tell me what happened?" From his Inventory hidden away under the robe, he summoned a small white handkerchief. He then, with some focus of his own magic, lightly doused the handkerchief to make it humid, before gently moving it with his magic towards her nose to try and clean it up. "I'd use my own hands, but this body paint might end up smudging your face if it gets wetter... Please hold still." If she let him, his grip on the towel upon her nose would be as delicate and firm as his own hands. His control was superb to the point it may as well have been an actual hand instead of magic as he wiped her face while the towel better absorbed the remains of the blood to really clean her up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue May 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Or maybe were the moment of delicate touching not over just yet. Umbra standing still to allow Sugary his gentle gesture, head tilted back as by reflex so he could get it all away and with her hands hiding behind her back. As the cleaning of her face were done brushed Umbra her hands over her dress to clean it as well, and bent down to pull her two worried friends up from the ground to her shoulders, them looking confused from their creator, to each other and to the stranger that was allowed to do what they themselves saw as sacred duties.

As she took her first step out of the alley, out towards the audience so she could sit between them when the applause began, misjudged she the ground and would have fallen right on her tail if she hadn't quickly taken a hold of Sugary's arm for balance. "Wow... that took more juice out of me than I had expected," said she more to herself than to him as she shook her head and run a hand over her eyes as she regained her balance.

"Ohh sorry, you asked me something... Ohh its nothing really, its the same condition that makes my skin so cold. Its nothing big really, just a small quirk that I have inherited from my mother, nothing severe really." The words almost falling over each other to get out of her mouth, the mare for once not seeming to know the right thing to say, just taking all the words that came to her at once and threw them at him. "It happens each time I strain my body too much with magic, the smaller blood vessels bursts under the pressure. Its not harming me, so don't you worry yourself over me now, its just a bloody nose after all, an inconvenience at the most."

Smiling at him did she hope of all of her heart that he would take the small pieces of truth that she had dipped in white lies and let that be that, he had a bigger heart than most she had met, but she knew all too well what there happened when people knew all the details about her condition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue May 12, 2015 7:53 pm

Indeed, Sugary had been careful about Umbra's balance. "Whoa there! Gotcha." He kept very close to her, as evidently she was not in too good a shape as she sounded while making full use of the fact she held better still onto him. He had thought that perhaps the golems were also throwing her off balance even if they probably didn't seem that heavy.

While listening to her explanation, he got the feeling something wasn't right, but then again he had known enough to figure out she wasn't normal to begin with. He let it slide, of course, as he had no way to really find out the whole truth. "Hereditary quirk, huh? Either way, you definitely don't look like you ought to be out here until you get some rest, so... back to the ship we go. It'll be much easier to deal with whatever is wrong there." He was somewhat hesitant in telling her where he was headed as recalled full well she practically ran from him earlier in the day in the first place. Then again, she had mellowed out, so she probably wouldn't hold it against him still as he urged her to walk with him back to the ship. He also glanced at both of her loyal minions before too long. "By the way, I really think your little friends should ride on my shoulders instead. You look like you can barely keep standing as is... In fact, I think you'd be better off if you let me carry you." If she accepted the offer, he'd carry her in the so-called bridal style. Of course, he was really just meaning to help a dizzy mare stay relaxed while he did the work for now.

He had business with Masoso still, but it was minor at this point. Taking care of Umbra was more of a priority if he could help it. If things went well along the way, he'd be sure to take them all the way back. And if no other issues arose, he'd cast his Float spell to conjure a magic cloud at his feet to carry all of them onto the deck, and carefully get them all in where needed next...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue May 12, 2015 9:11 pm

Her being carried by him? For some reason did the thought make her laugh, her seeing herself sitting on his shoulders as that was the only way she knew of being carried. "Sugary, I do know that I have called you my chaperone in jest, but I think that you are taking the job a bit too seriously," a genuine smile playing on her lips as she spoke and allowed him to lead the way, walking arm in arm with him for balance. "I do wonder why so many are saying that gallantry are dead when you are such a gentlepony."

It was true that she was a bit burdened by the golems, that her steps was a bit slower and with no jump in it as she usually had, but it was her creations and her burden to bear. "I do thank you for your offer, for both your offers, but I must decline them both. An arm for balance is all that I need right now."

As they slowly walked to the ship stopped Umbra them up now and then to point to the sky and draw lines between the stars constellations, telling stories that was so old that not even Masoso would know them. Each time they had such a stop did she lean just a tad closer to Sugary as to make sure that he saw the correct stars that she pointed out, and not to catch her breath at all.

As they turned down one street and onto another, them seeing the great Mambo shining as its own little star with its light still on turned the corners of Umbras smile a bit down. "If just a good nights sleep could fix whats wrong with me. Why is it that he that have been so friendly, also have to be so hurtful. Is that how a normal life works? Life balancing itself out.... But with a little shake of her head brushed she the thoughts away, both golems bringing their arms up to defend themselves against the sea of mane that flooded over them. "Its not that bad as you think really. I have not hurt myself more than you would running a marathon, just spent myself. That is just how my magic works, so don't worry yourself. A good long night of undisturbed sleep will do me more than good, you wait and see."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   Tue May 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Along the way, even he had a bit more to say. "Gallantry? Maybe, but I'd like to think it's more to do with not wanting to leave you be like this..." He had a soft smile along the way back as she pointed to constellations and told stories of them. He didn't question the reason for it so much as enjoyed listening to them with great detail. He was certainly enthralled and entertained as he helped them all back.

Once they went further in, he knew where to take her then. Right back to her room as he led them onto the bed she used, and carefully sat down along with her and the golems on the bedside, slowly urging her to lay down properly. "Okay, so you said you needed just rest, right? Then please do... As for me, I'll be taking a shower, so if you need anything, now's the time to ask for it. This bodypaint isn't too waterproof, but I'm gonna really have to start scrubbing soon unless I wanna look like an ascended Necromancer for the next few days..." He took off the hood, revealing the seemingly menacing makeup he had on still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)   

Back to top Go down

Penumbra, Lux, Terra (Private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next