OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:14 am

Thryssa taps her chin thoughtfully at his suggestion of sinkhole or quicksand traps. "We can certainly talk to Maredusa about the sinkholes," she says. "Although actual quicksand would be require horrible amounts of water to properly create and one thing about being in an arid waste is that it's not easy to get large amounts of water."
She sighs at hsi question, though. "The war form is a general form that Tettidora devised and taught to the military as a standard part of their training. It varies from changeling to changeling, but it's essentially the same across the board." She pauses. "Except for with me. I have very little transformation talent and while I can manage a war form, it's... um... not quite what Tetti devised. Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to show it to you but..." She blushes. "It's... a little embarrassing, to be honest."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:34 am

Sugary was glad to see his idea held merit when he means for such a tactic were plausible should it be needed. As for the lack of water, he had some ideas of his own, though they were more along the lines of improvisation on a smaller scale.

He had to step back slightly to once again have a look over at Thryssa as he wondered how her alternate form would vary in such a way to make even someone like her hesitate. "... Well... If you think it's not worth much as a fighting form, then you don't have to show it. Otherwise, how bad can it be?" He then waited on her to make her choice. Sure, he considered asking her why she had trouble shapeshifting, but he'd save that for later.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 4:33 am

"It's... a matter of perspective, I'll admit," Thryssa admits. "But since you seem so interested, I suppose I can do it. Just... don't laugh, please."
She lights her horn to commence the transformation. As seems to be the standard for changeling transformations, greenish heatless fire sweeps over her, leaving the changes in its wake.
Where the ordinary changeling war form is wolflike with a slightly elongated body that makes them lithe and somehow sinuous, Thryssa's is noticeably more elongated. But other than the keratinous plates that are bound to her like armor, hers is radically different. Her features are sharp and very draconic, her muzzle long and elegant, her entire face covered in scales so fine they look more like skin and glimmer softly and jewelike in the limited light of the caverns. Her paws are more panther than dragon but with the draconic dewclaw extending behind, and when she extends her claws in nervousness, they are more like the razor-sharp talons of a bird of prey than the scythelike claws of an ordinary war form. From her forehead to her midback, a crest about the length of her long mane braid winds and the same delicate fangs she has in changeling form are barely visible at the front of her draconic muzzle. Broad gliding wings are tucked against her thickly-scaled body and her clearly prehensile tail bear several half-moon protrusions that are no doubt blades of some kind.

All of this is painted in rainbow colors.

Her main body is green but with swirls of blue, violet, and yellow running along her entire form. Her wings are a veritable explosion of color, arranged in the pattern of a butterfly's wings. Her soft belly is light purple, her visible claws as red as if they'd been painted that way with nail polish, and each of her legs looks like it's been subjected to her sister's tattooing talents.

Thryssa sighs, blushing fiercely. "I look absurd..." she mumbles.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 5:33 am

There were a good number of odd things Sugary had seen in his eyes, but few were so odd as Thryssa taking a deadly form that was so bright, impacting, and clashing that he actually had to squint his eyes a bit to get used to the sudden change in spectrum on her body. And while he did agree it looked odd given who she is, and had to briefly struggle not to grin too much as he took the initial sight in, he still got into a more forgiving mindset and stare as he looked past the explosion of colors and moved closer again to inspect if her own take on the War Form was truly subpar, or if it held a greater potential than it seemed.

"I think we're both more than old enough to know appearances aren't everything... One moment..." said he in a somewhat low and thoughtful voice as he walked around her. He had to admit, for something that looked like a child's drawing come to life, he didn't miss the fact that it was a deadly form in and of itself from what he could tell. He'd then stand in front of her once more, and give his assessment. "... How you got that kind of coloring by accident is baffling... But I get the feeling I'd be better off taking on ten scouts in the War Form than one of you. And I'm not just saying that because you're the princess. You look like a Drake!" He then looked at her face, and smiled a bit more as he once again spoke softly. "Same lovely eyes though... That's good..."

He thought about the way she looked for a moment before practicality became a priority on his mind again. So, in an effort to show support, he changed the topic in a somewhat different direction. "A Drake as bright as an aurora... But can you move and fight efficiently like that?"
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 7:39 pm

"I'm hopeless at the changeling transformation magic, to be perfectly frank," Thryssa blushed more but gave Sugary a shy and grateful smile for not laughing at her ridiculous appearance. Then she blushes more intensely when he talks about her lovely eyes and looks down, pawing at the ground and looking unsure of herself, the utter opposite of how she is in her ordinary form.
She looks up and stares at him when he asks the last question before grinning widely, and then laughing. "You're a dear, Sugary Market. I'm completely hopeless at transformation magic but I can at least manage to transform into something that's combat-effective. In fact, extraordinarily combat-effective, combining the natural keratinous scale armor of a dragon with the heavy plates Tetti devised, and both gliding power and nearly-supernatural reflexes. Naturally, the claws and fangs are highly effective at tearing flesh but I can cave in the skull of most creatures with a single focused blow. Also, like the correct war form, I can still effectively use my magic in this form, albeit in an altered way."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 3:08 am

It was odd, but there was a certain jovial comfort in privately chatting away with Thryssa while she maintained her current form. Perhaps it was the feeling of doing something potentially work related and yet casual in execution as Sugary would sometimes do with former workmates, and so it put him at ease being in a familiar setting... Or perhaps he just liked seeing the way a brightly colored Thryssa pawed the ground when he gave her a straightforward compliment in that she didn't mess everything up about her colors, smiling a bit more broadly because of it.

When she spoke of her ability, he listened intently, and would eventually smirk slightly and cock his brow in curiosity. "... And I don't suppose you could actually show me what you can do? I'm not asking for much, a small display is all I need. I might even volunteer as a mock-sparring partner if that's what it takes." He was being serious, though he wasn't looking for a drawn out fight since he was still recovering.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 7:17 am

"Actually, no I can't." Thryssa shrugged. "I am pure brute power, Sugary, with no delicacy or refinement. It's why I can't really do transformation magic well: it's very intricate, detailed, refined magic with qualities opposite of my own. And because I'm pure brute power, I can't safely spar with somepony or demonstrate my power in any practical sense to them because there's a very serious risk that I'll do them very serious injury without meaning to. You're a strong stallion and very tough, yet I still fear hurting you." She bit her lip lightly and then looked away from him. "...and I don't want to see you hurt, Sugary," she adds in a lower voice, as if slightly embarrassed at the implied affection for him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 2:48 am

Sugary frowned slightly at being denied a more direct demonstration, but was otherwise understanding. He barely heard what Thryssa said, but thought it had to do with them facing one another and injuries, and so he smiled again. "... Hey, if it's because I'm not back to full health, then we can just spar later on. It's not like I haven't faced my own share of brutes before... How about this then: If I do become an Officer, then I'll ask you again and see if you changed your mind. Deal?" He stuck out his hoof to her for a shake, hoping she'd accept the delayed terms he was proposing. His stare towards her came with a light glint in his eyes. He felt there was a unique challenge in sparring with the likes of her.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 8:29 am

Thryssa smiles and leans in, nuzzling Sugary and then rubbing their cheeks together lightly. He can feel that her scales are supple, incredibly soft-feeling, and slightly cool like those of a snake. "It's a deal, Sugary. As I regard it to be inevitable that you'll succeed and indeed become an officer, if that is your desire, I'll train to my uttermost so that when we spar in the near future, I can show you my strength without harming you by it." She then takes his hoof in her hand-like front paw and shakes it firmly before letting him go again. "Now then... I believe we've covered most of what can be learned from this life-sized model of Scarabi. Further, I believe that anything more that can be taught concerning the optimal defense configuration must be done in the city itself."
Green flames erupt from her feet and sweep upwards, "burning" away her war form and returning her to her ordinary changeling self. She gives the slightly-smaller-than-her unicorn a light bow and a smile. "So would you prefer that we should walk back to Scarabi, or would you like to take your life in your hooves and let me attempt to teleport the both of us?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 12:33 am

As soon as Sugary accepted the shake, he briefly thought to how Thryssa felt not much unlike Maredusa and Mara Belle. "Her coloring needs work, but she can definitely make a noticeable change..." Her latest compliment was also met with a still determined look and a constant smile; He now felt as though him becoming an Officer was an oathkeeper for the both of them.

He considered walking back in relative peace, but he most certainly was more eager to have Thryssa use her magic as his tail twitched in anticipation and his ears perked up in expectation. "The walk is nice, but it's always fun to let someone else zoom you about! Go right ahead!" Along with the enthusiasm was the ease of mind in seeing her turn back to her usual self. Her other form was imposing, but it contrasted far too much with... well... everything, he thought.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 4:38 am

She chuckles. "You have a very determined expression about you, Mister Market. I'm coming to believe that you've been won over by my proposal to you, and have made my goal your own. This is a special joy to me, because I think you'll be a great asset to my command, my people, and eventually the entirety of the Changeling Hive Monarchy."
She extends one of her wing pairs and flutters it lightly against his barrel as she lights her horn. A flash and a slightly pins-and-needles feeling later, he finds himself in the Throne Guard barracks Masquerade had taken him to at first, and also where he'd had his slight confrontation with Calliope. It's roughly ten seconds before a crowd of friendly changelings surround them on all sides, something that Sugary has likely been getting used to, although their attention seems focused much more on Thryssa than on him.
"Hello Pricness!"
"Hey Princess Thryssa."
"Lady-Marshall, ma'am!"
"And she has the gallant Tantalus with her!"
"Glad to see you, milady."
"Hello, Sugary Market." Masquerade's familiar voice says to him just before he's given a hug by the Throne Guard. "Scuttlebutt tells me that we may yet make this your place of business, in time. Are these rumors true?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:44 pm

The rush that came with being teleported was not lost on Sugary. He enjoyed the trip, however short it was, since it also meant getting a feel for Thryssa's magic along the way and it was invigorating. And he still thought it was odd that she would refer to herself as a brute, and yet had good control of her magic, as well as subtlety with her wing movement.

As he got his bearings in the new location, he was half-expecting to be glomped again at any moment, but being greeted with a hug by Masquerade was the next best thing. He smiled broadly and nosed her in return. "Hey there! And who's Scuttleb-... Actually, nevermind... Yes, the rumors have some truth to them. I still need to pass some tests, but I might just be an actual member of the Military on top of being a Mercenary if all goes well. Either way, I'm working for Princess Thryssa for sure... I just need to get back into shape first."

He looked around into the room briefly before looking back at Thryssa directly whom he was still close to. "So, is there a particular reason we're here of all places?"
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 6:29 am

Masquerade laughs. "You're funny, Sugary. Don't tell me you've never heard of the term 'scuttlebutt' to refer to gossiping."
"It could be a changeling term Mask," Thryssa pointed out.
Masquerade, despite having showed annoyance at people (except for Callista) shortening her name like that, shows no signs of being even slightly upset at it from Thryssa. Instead, she gives Sugary a rueful look. "I suppose you've a good point, milady Marshal. But are you truly making him past tests for this?"
Thryssa chuckled. "Of course not. But for some reason, the stallion bold enough to seize on aid and friendship from a race of ponies he'd never seen before, who consented to go into the absolute unknown both where he came from and when he met us, who has stood with royalty and nobility both without even seeming to notice, lacks confidence that he can be my executive officer."
"Ah... so the tests are for his benefit." Masquerade grins at him, and there are some chuckles from the rest of the soldiers nearby who can hear what's being said. "Kind of you, Princess Thryssa."
"He has shown himself worthy, both when we first met him and much more recently." Thryssa pats his shoulder with a hoof as she looks at the rest of the soldiers in the barracks. "He's the kind of pony our people need with us, leaders who are humble and uncertain and not a little bit shy and nervous, but can answer the call when it's sounded."
There is a general nodding to this, and their expressions tell Sugary that they're not just being polite but are truly in agreement with what Thryssa is saying.
"The wisdom of your mother's plan is clearer by the day, Your Majesty," one of them said.
"And Tettidora's, and Lepinora's, with Chidinida being the linchpin," Thryssa says immediately. "And all of it dependent on every changeling everywhere doing their duty, and doing their very best, and showing pluck and determination when they're called on to do a hard thing, perhaps the hardest thing: never forget that we were cast out from Equestria unjustly, but lay it all aside and embrace every earth pony, and pegasi, and unicorn as if they were brother and sister changelings."
"And Celestia as well?" Another voice asked.
Thryssa took in a breath and looked down at Sugary for a long moment before she looked in the general direction the voice came from. "We do not need to love or respect Celestia to be loyal allies of the Dual Thrones. But if we would bow to the princess we love best, Princess Luna, we must be respectful and gentle to her sister. I can attest, and almost all of you know personally, family is the beginning, the end, and the everything. Luna would surely turn aside from our respect if we failed to do well by her family, and we should expect no less of her."
This drew nods as well, slower nods, more reluctant nods, but sincere nods and Thryssa smiles. "That is all."

The room immediately begins to disperse into what it probably had been before they arrived: groups talking, laughing, and interacting in the casual way of close friends. Thryssa gently guides Sugary to a corner with her hoof on his shoulder, followed by Masquerade.
"What happened just now is why we're here Sugary," she says. "It may make no sense to you, and it probably seems very strange, but you've acquired a significance far above and beyond anything you've done or said. In mere days, everything I said with you standing right beside me will be everywhere, just as I need it to be. As I told you in the Redoubt, we must all be better if there is any hope for any of us, and I think the news of the Gallant Tantalus saying that he'll be working with me, and I saying that you'll be my executive officer and that any tests are a mere formality, will drive it."
"And the best part is, Sugary, you did exactly the right thing and said exactly the right thing without prompting or arrangement." Masquerade smiles broadly to him. "And that too will be noticed and spoken of because if there's anything we shapeshifters are good at, it's telling the difference between a scripted performance and a spontaneous one. You have a sense of the moment, and that will be yet another thing that is commented on."
"An army is driven and fed on morale," Thryssa noses him. "It breathes it, and drinks it, and dies for lack of it. What just happened will increase morale immensely at the precise moment it'll be needed most." She uses a hoof to very gently turn Sugary's head so he's looking into her eyes and can see sincere zeal for what she's saying. "We must be better and we will be better and for that reason, I brought you here at this very moment so you could say and do what you said and did, and I could say what was needed as well."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 7:43 am

Thryssa was doing more than just sharing her thoughts with Sugary, she was sharing a brief look into the future as she presented him to her troops in accordance with the Queen's plan. It was easy for him to see himself as capable of being on equal terms with them in performance, but he was also being reminded that he was expected to lead those very troops in due time. The more he listened, the more he began to consider what it really must be like for her to be in her position. The closest he could think of was his former Commanders, and yet this was on a completely different still. It was a lot of pressure to be sure if he was expected to be by her side in the long run.

He was very glad to hear her speak of Celestia in a much less hostile and fair way. It seemed he was correct in giving her leeway to prove herself that she might be rough around the edges, but had a good head on her shoulders; Though he'd still be wary just in case.

Eventually, he did have something else to say, and he did so with an earnest smile towards both Masquerade and Thryssa, but mostly Thryssa. "I told you, didn't I? I'll do my best to support. Worst comes to worse, I'll fight too. Simple as that..." He smiled more so, thinking back on their conversation from earlier. "... Though I get the feeling the hardest thing for me to do will be keeping up with you. You already have many that are more than willing to accept your lead in battle and outside of it. I doubt you managed that in a few days... Which is why the tests aren't just for formality. I do want to show I can be capable of keeping up and I do want to make sure others can recognize that... I don't want to let any backwards Nobles think I'm just a novelty. Not happening." There was also the promise of him actually trying to ask her out on a date afterwards as well as the chance to spar one another, but he'd keep that to himself.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 5:15 am

"Well, it's my most earnest hope that fighting won't be needed, and won't take place." Thryssa says. "But your support is precious, your help badly needed. Because inevitably, the times will call upon us to be better than we are and ponies like you will be part of taking us in that direction."
"Ponies like him?" Masquerade looks at Thryssa.
"Yes, ponies like him and also like Sword Symphony," Thryssa replies. "Ponies that fit quickly, easily, and seamlessly among us with no trouble at all. And yet, they're no cotton-brained scholars with heads full of ideals and careless dreams. Symphony knows bloodshed, and you Mister Market have been a mercenary and have fought, and I have no doubt that fighting has led you to be forced to kill as well. You and Sword are both all too real, and know all too well what is real, and how stark and hard reality is. You come here with good intent but no fanciful and useless dreaminess." She brushes his barrel with a wing. "I think you know the stakes and if you don't already know them, I think you can easily comprehend them if they were explained to you."
"Shortly, we will go again to war, but with words and intellect as our weapons instead of the sword," Masquerade adds, smiling at Sugary, imitating Thryssa's gesture using one of her own wings. "In addition to inspiring confidence and causing zeal and the increase of morale, you are proof, Sugary. Proof that cannot be disputed, that ponies of good heart are welcome to us no matter what the final arrangements with Equestria will be. Proof that good ponies can fit easily among us, and can rise in prominence and status because of merit."
"You will be proof, Sugary, but don't think that I'm extending this invitation to my war council because I want a symbol. You are well worthy of it, and have the characteristics to speak hard to me when you need to, and say things that no pony dares say to royalty." Thryssa hugs him lightly with a foreleg. "Every royal needs one of those, and none of us really ever find one of our own. By sheer happy accident, I seem to have found mine."

Both chuckle at his assertion that the tests aren't only formality. "To us, Sugary, they are," Masquerade tells him. "Certainly, you'll prove that you're fit in the eyes of the nobles that don't matter and are generally ignored, but the voices that are given a respectful hearing are already convinced."
"I'll be certain to make the tests as challenging as I can," Thryssa promised. "But you'll overcome them with ease anyway because tests are for recruits and trainees who haven't ever served or fought or taken a life. You are a Tantalus mercenary; you passed the tests I'll devise long before you even took your friend--Bill, was it?--on the road to do your work, and have passed them over and over again since. The test you passed by even coming to Equestria was a more rigorous test than I could ever devise, and the test you passed by defying my soldiers who were trying to interfere with your work was even more rigorous. Alone, sick, destitute and starving, you fought. There is no test in all the world that can challenge a pony who has the strength of will to do what you've already done."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 9:55 pm

"Ah... You're making me blush. I was doing my jobs for the most part... Also, I was very hungry and didn't want to go home just yet. So very glad I stayed." And blush he did as he nosed both Thryssa and Masquerade in thanks. It was one thing for family and friends to praise his efforts, but it felt very different when it came to the likes of Thryssa and Masquerade, most likely due to the very stakes they spoke of, or maybe he just liked being flanked by two lovely and exotic mares he owed a lot to. Most likely the first one.

"Hm... I think we pretty much cleared what needs to be done in the grand scheme of things... So, back to smaller scale, what's nex-..." He stopped to think for a moment, curiosity being once again a driving point for him. "... Actually... Princess, would you mind sharing how you got to this point? What it was like for you to reach your rank? Masquerade told me her experience, but I'd like to know yours while we're here."
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 6:10 am

"My story isn't particularly impressive or exciting," Thryssa says. "I was born, grew up in the court, and made a lot of friends among the Honor Guard and the Throne Guard. I admired their bearing, their dedication, and thought it'd be fun to walk around in armor like theirs. But Mother isn't the kind of mother to just give you something you want. Her philosophy can be best summarized as 'Take what you want from life. Take it, and pay for it.' So I had to earn my place. Years of study, years of training, years of education and hard knocks... all of it leading to being made the Lady-Marshal of our forces." She smiles nostalgically. "It was a special moment, Sugary Market, when my mother undertook the formality of officially designating me her heir. It was special because I wasn't merely her eldest daughter but her right hoof, her field general, the commander of her armies and trainer of her personal guard. Nothing is quite so exquisite as being royalty that would be a vital part of the court with or without the correct lineage."
"Just like my Calli," Masquerade adds. "She would be the successful owner of a very popular cafe even without noble blood. And her family would be the richest and most prosperous noble house of the kingdom even without their title, by virtue of a very successful lemon empire using the latest and most modern techniques and producing the most succulent and valuable fruit."
"It's what we look for in our nobility," Thryssa nods. "All fitting into the theme that we must all be better: we require our royalty to be better than a mere bloodline and our nobility to be better than titles. The paragon of the royal line is Lepinora: educated, cultured, talented, and highly intelligent, entrusted with the most delicate and difficult of all possible endeavors. And the paragon of the nobility is Callista of Duna: kind, ordinary, industrious, and popular for her hard work and ability, and her family sits at the head of the privy council table. Not because they are rich or well-liked, but because even petty racists like Calliope's family have learned to listen when the Dunes speak."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Sugary had actually been hoping for a more direct answer as to how rank worked, but felt Thryssa had shared plenty nonetheless. He got the distinct feeling she had begun her training just as early as he did if not sooner given the fact she held the prestigious title and had a distant and content look to her. He had to wonder what exactly was it that made Spymaster Lepinora so exceptional in comparison, but it was not likely to be something he'd find out from the odd mare any time soon. "I'd like to think everyone has a story to tell, Princess... Maybe we could talk some more about it during a business lunch." He chuckled lightly, hinting at the memory of the teasing he and Thryssa got while the others insisted he court her as soon as possible when he really was just trying to be formal.

"And speaking of the Dunes... I picked a few lemons earlier. Would be nice if Lady Callista could help me make some treats out of them sometime this week... Oh! The fruit!" he exclaimed a bit louder in a place full of changeling soldiers going about their business "Since we're here, should we store the fruit I brought, or was there more you wanted to show me first?" He had no idea if other changelings would react like Masquerade or Thryssa towards foreign produce, so he didn't so much as assume he'd find himself surrounded any time soon by hungry mouths...
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Almost as one, an entire room full of changelings stop in place and slowly turn so that all eyes are facing Market.
"Did he say fruit?"
"Like, non-desert fruit?"
"Like, Equestrian fruit?"
"I think he did!"
"He certainly did."
"Fruit!"
"Fruit!"
"Fruit is love."
"Fruit is life."
"Fruit is breath..."
"...and food..."
"...and drink."
"The fruit is mother."
"The fruit is father."
The entire room full of changelings crowd in closer, their eyes staring at Market.

Masquerade snickers at them. "OK you lot... be nice to the cute stallion."
"Oh, we'll be nice." One mare grins.
"For good fruits, we'll be very nice." Another adds.
There is a great deal of changelings rubbing their hooves together in anticipation and glee, still staring at Market.
Thryssa is standing there, working very hard to not laugh.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 4:23 am

There was a light feeling of dread slowly creeping up on Sugary as they were surrounded. It was mostly due to thinking he was about to be group-glomped again, but this time, for the fruit he had brought Thryssa rather than his essence or his gear. He looked at her and at Masquerade sheepishly as he did not expect for things to go this way, but nonetheless made a compromise by taking out and opening half of the remaining coolers. "Alright, alright! Here you go, enjoy... and please savor it rather than scarfing it down." He shot Masquerade a quick glance as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 9:10 pm

The changelings continue to stare, this time all looking completely shocked at his response before shuffling closer and nosing at the fruit.
"...wow..."
"He... seriously did that..."
"So fresh...!"
"Fragrant!"
"He really and truly did that..."
"Incredible."
All of them look at the fruit, looking like they badly want to take it, before Market finds himself group-glomped.
"You...
"...are..."
"...the..."
"...most.."
"...awesome..."
"...stallion..."
"...ever!"
And then he's unglomped and surrounded by changelings gazing fondly at him.
"But we cannot possibly take your fruit."
"It's so kind of you to offer though!"
"You'll be an awesome officer."
"We're rooting for you!"
"Hope to work under you, Sugary Market."
And then they begin scattering back to where they came from.
"You're gonna fit right in."
"Best kind of pony ever."
"Totally understands us, doesn't he?"
"...fit right in..."
"So awesome."

Masquerade and Thryssa watch this all happen and smile at Sugary, who is no doubt very confused.
"That was incredibly generous of you, Sugary," Masquerade says.
"They were just teasing you, Mister Market, but you came right out and offered them half of your fruit. Whatever the reason, that's very meaningful to a race that thrives on the energy of love and thus acts of kindness and generosity," Thryssa adds. "I think my soldiers are going to accept you very enthusiastically."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 2:47 am

Some day, Sugary would inquire as the specifics of how he could be glomped by so many at once and not be harmed in the least. Perhaps the changelings of Scarabi had mastered a special technique, or maybe they were just that comfortable to be around with.

As the others went about their way again, he stood up and spoke to Thryssa and Masquerade once more. "Eh heh... This day is just full of surprises, isn't it? Gue-...!?" There was a brief pause as his fedora landed on his nose this time. "How do I keep losing that each time...?" He placed the hat back on his head, and continued, but not before feeling a slight extra weight on his shoulders as his stamina was slowly wearing out again. "... Um... Ah, right, we should probably store these before they spoil... And I should probably head back to the manor soon. That big plush bed is starting to call me over." He was ready to move should Thryssa opt to lead the way immediately.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 10:46 pm

"Well, you certainly need to be well-rested Mister Market," Thryssa says with a smile. "Masquerade, would you mind to take him to the larder and then back to your marefriend's home?"
"I wouldn't mind at all," Masquerade smiles to Sugary. "And I know Calli remains delighted to have such a polite and nice stallion in her home."
"Likes an audience, does she?"
Masquerade blushes. "Um, no, voyeurism isn't one of our kinks. He's just an immensely pleasant pony is all."
"Mmm." Thryssa chuckles. "Well, off you go then. And for pity's sake, don't keep him up all night long."
Masquerade blushes harder and decides not to reply to the princess, looking to Sugary. "Larder's this way, Sugary," she says as she leads him out of the barracks and into the halls. As they approach the kitchen, he'd definitely be able to tell because of the delicious smells coming from it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 3:38 am

Sugary coughed very lightly as Thryssa commented on what was essentially a look into Masquerade's love life with her sweetheart. Nonetheless, he gave Thryssa a deep and respectful bow before he followed Masquerade, taking the coolers with him. "Good night, Princess. And thank you." He would then part ways with a soft smile, but he would still stare back at Thryssa somewhat while he could, thoughts of what had been discussed repeating themselves in his mind.

Once at the larder, he'd place the coolers whole along with the fruit as he still intended for Thryssa's share to be recognizable. "... What a day... Will you be escorting me back to the manor now too, Masquerade?"
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 3:17 pm

Thryssa smiles and gives him a mute wave of farewell as he walks out of sight.
When he's finished putting the coolers away, Masquerade nods to him. "If the manor is where you wish to go, Sugary, it's where I'll be taking you. I'm sure Calli will be pleased to see you again, although if you pick any random pony who's pleasant, she'll be happy to see them by default... one of the many things I love about her, by the way. So what'd you discuss with the Princess, if it's not too private? Other than family, you've spent the most time alone with her by far and it certainly wasn't to skip several steps of a formal relationship."
As she talks, she leads him up and out of the kitchens and along the halls to the lift down. The guards minding the lift give them both quick polite salutes and start them down towards the city as by now, evening would be starting to fall and the city is bathed in the deep gold of a setting sun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)    Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rendezvous in Scarabi (Private)
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next