OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

The Forgotten Temple (Private)

Go down 
+2
Dragon Soul
Star Sentinel
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rayne

Rayne

The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:06 am

Rain Splash nods and takes to the air, doing a lazy glide towards the Everfree, sure he is a good flyer, an amazing flyer even, but he prefers fighting on the ground, though he makes sure he is good at both, he takes his satchel off in the air and begins doing a small check up, looking at all of his supplies once again, he doesn't like going into towns because of how he is treated, sell-sword doesn't really appeal to his taste in names, he mutters, "Rain Splash the Sell-sword..." As he puts the bag back onto his back, spotting the Everfree not much further, he begins to descend, spotting just what Ruby and Star feared, a lone Timberwolf seemed to want to go exploring, and was just outside the edge of the Everfree's tree line.

He lands with a solid thud on the ground, as he looks up he makes eye contact with the, rather young looking, Timberwolf. He slowly lays his sword on the ground, "Heh... No trouble here..." Knowing the wolf would be doubtful he also kicked the sword a fair distance away, and sat down. The Timberwof approached cautiously, constantly sniffing to make sure everything was "ok". As it neared Rain Splash grew more and more still, till at least the wolf was literally nosing his face, being about the same size as the wolf (because of the youth of the wolf) he didn't move much as the wolf inspected him. After a few more moments of complete stillness he began a small sweat, he knew full well that he was risking his life right now, one bite to the throat was all it took, and it would be Rain Puddle from now on.

At last he spoke up, "Easy boy... Easy..." He gently reached a hoof up and petted the Timberwolves nose, getting a confused and rather happy look from the wolf, "I'll name you Orian." Rain Splash announced to nopony in particular, with a smile he stands up, slowly mind you, and nuzzles the side of the timberwolves muzzle, a content pant accompanied this as the wolf began letting Rain Splash pet where he pleased, the wolf was particularly fond of his back and sides petted, although the noise was humous, it sounded like a colt running a stick over a fence.

"Oh dear..." He looks towards the town, then back towards his companion, "Don't think they will mind a plus one eh?" He responded with a happy bark, whatever this meant Rain Splash smiled all the same.

Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:55 am

Rat simply sighed. "Might as well...I'm Rat, don't touch me unless I'm about to die, or can't move on my own. I can climb anything. When it comes to theft, not one is better than I am." She says, glaring around for signs of disapproval.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:24 am

"Oh...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to trouble you with my question." Ruby said, seeming to shrink back into her hat. She turns her head back forward, avoiding Scythe's gaze. You're suck a dumb, dumb pony Ruby! You get far too curious. It's not good good for your health. She thought to herself. She glanced over at Star who seemed to have started a conversation. You're so pathetic. Ruby almost froze solid, but pushed herself to continue walking.

"You're a royal guard too? Neat." Star said, looking at Dusk with a slight smile. "Well it-...Did you say theft?" He asked, turning to Rat. He opened his mouth to say something more, but didn't. If Ruby trust this pony to come along then I'm not going to question her judgement. He turns away from Rat, trying to make it not look so rude. "A different question then. Why have you come to explore the temple with me and Ruby?"
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:41 pm

"It's okay." Scythe attempts to comfort Ruby. "Many ponies ask similar question, I eventually got used to it." He says. "I can tell you the story if you want, but I'm afraid you'll even kick me out of the group for what I was in the past."
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Rat looked to Star quietly for a moment, then spoke. "Yes, I am a thief, but I came here to get good pay for an orphanage over in Manehattan, Theft is what keeps me alive over there, so don't diss me." She started to get a city accent as she spoke but cleared her throat and corrected it. "I only steal when hired to or when I cannot do anything else."
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:11 am

Dusk listened to what Rat had to say about her thieving. He did notice the change in accent for a moment, but he didn't think much of it. However, he was certain Star didn't agree with her, and he didn't either.

"I'm a former royal guard, specifically of the Solar Guard. I served eight years before deciding it was time to move on. However, civilian life has been quite dull, so I thought I'd go on an adventure. It sure is a better option than stealing, that's for sure." He figured he maybe shouldn't have added that last bit, but the thought of working with a thief riled him up a little bit. Thieves were just common scum to him.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:32 am

"Oh no. No, it's fine. There's a temple to learn about and so much more for us to do. I don't want to trouble you." Ruby said, giving Scythe a little smile. She turned back forward and sees that they were at the center of the town. There were many stand set up with many different fruits and vegetables. Ruby stopped and turned towards the group. "You should all buy some food for the trip. Star, with me please." She said turning away from the group and walking over to one of the stands, Star following close behind her.

"Ruby, Star? Haven't seen you two in Ponyville for a while. How are you two?" A yellow mare said. She had a curly orange mane and three carrots for a cutie mark.

"I'm doing good, thanks for asking Carrot Top." Star said, giving the mare a smile. "Can we get a few carrots for our trip?" He asked her kindly.

"Yeah sure." Carrot Top took some carrots out of one of her basket and hoofed it over to Ruby, who places a few bits for Carrot Top. "Wait, you trip? You aren't talking about that temple one right?"

"Actually, yes. Why?" Ruby asked, concern clear in her voice. "Is there something me and Star should know? I have five other ponies with me and I need to know if I really should bring them with us. I don't want them to get hurt."

Carrot Top let out a sigh, shaking her head. "You were always a trouble to get along. Haven't you heard? That temple is cursed. Don't you remember all the reports of all the ponies found dead or missing? They all went to the temple. I like you both and I want you to be safe. I advise both of you and those other five to stay away for that temple." Carrot Top put the carrots into a bag and gave it to Star, who put it in his saddlebags.

Ruby hesitated a little bit. "No can do Carrot. This is someplace nopony has ever been to. I have to learn all I can. I need to find a way to...fix myself." She said quietly, turning and walking away. Star quickly followed her. You're nothing but a pathetic twerp. You couldn't even help your brother when he was being stabbed. Shut up you little demon. You are the one who is pathetic. Cowarding away within my own mind. I don't care if you are me, you are the more pathetic one. Ruby, through all that was happening within her mind, had kept a calm face.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Rain Splash jumped a little, woken from his nap on the entrance to the Everfree, the dog growled deeply in his throat at... He looked around curiously, "Nothing there, calm yourself boy." He gave his chin a rubbing calming the dog, who eyed Ponyville with renewed anger, or was it fear?
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:43 pm

Scythe walks to one of the stands, which was selling bread. "Some bread, please." he says as he pulls out his pouch of bits to pay. After he buys some bread, he goes to buy some hay and vegetables before returning to Ruby.
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Rat glared at Dusk but said nothing. She took a deep breath and looked to him. "I wish I could do something else, but it's the only way a street rat like me, and do not write me off now, I steal from those who are corrupt." A growl entered her voice at the last part, and sighed unhappily, moving off and buying several apples and a couple other kinds of fruit, but not too much.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:54 am

Corrupt, huh. That might be just a matter of perspective. Either way it's illegal, he thought. He thought it was typical of a criminal like her to rationalize so it seemed like she was at least somewhat in the right. For him, thieves are criminals, and criminals are scum, it's that simple for him. It could be different for Rat, considering he expected to get to know her better, but she was still a criminal to him, and hadn't attained the rank of scum just yet. He was at least glad she didn't steal the food she got.

He bought some food as well, specifically looking for things that would last a while. Although, there wasn't much of that in the market, so he bought himself some bread, some apples, carrots, and even a few bunches of spinach leaves. He wouldn't complain if no one else liked spinach, he loved the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:50 am

After Star and Ruby bought a few more things, they waited for the others near a tree. Star was happily gnawing on a carrot, looking through a journal of sorts. "Miss. Ruby, I do think you should read this journal entry. It might be of use for us." He passed the journal over to Ruby, who help it in her magic and began reading.

After reading it, Ruby closed the book. "All it says is what we've been already told. Nothing more." She shook her head and shoved the journal into her saddlebags. She took out an apple and ate it as she waited for the others. She was excited, but also very scared at what she read in the journal.

Quote :
Journal Entry #1:

Today we set out on an adventure to find The Temple of the Forgotten. No one knows why it is called what it is, but I have a theory. I believe the temple is cursed and that anyone who travels into the temple forgets all they love. Their loved ones and those who they hold close to their hearts.

Again, this is just a theory. It could be very much wrong, but I have another theory. As I recall, the bodies of the ponies found near the Everfree were not known by anyone. No one knew who they were and Pinkie, a pony known for remembering everyone's name in Ponyville, didn't know who they were. Due to this, I believe any who enter the temple slowly get erased from everyone's mind who knows them. They slowly forget and the pony who entered the temple slowly goes insane.

Then again, I could still be very much wrong. The ponies' bodies who have been found could all just be bums and not live anywhere near Ponyville. Anyway, me and my team are heading into the Everfree to find this temple. If we are found dead, I am writing in this journal to record what we find. This is Explorer Fire Tide writing to whoever finds this journal.
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 2:50 pm

Rat wandered near them silently, seeming to avoid Dusk as she snorted, more of a sneeze really, and rubbed her nose. "If I'm sick." She grumbled to herself. "I'ma be very pissed." This time her city accent was out in full, and when made no move to correct it. "'Ey, when are we gettin' gone? I'm gettin' a bit antsy waitin' so long." She smiled, showing she was trying to lighten the mood. She corrected her accent and spoke normally. "What is wrong, Miss Ruby?" She asked, having noticed her fear while reading the journal.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Dusk soon came with the food he had bought. He wasn't close enough to hear Rat's city accent, and he wanted to keep at least a little distance between him and her. He decided to find a spot near Star and just wait. Though he noticed Ruby seemed frightened by something, it seemed Rat was already addressing that.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 6:38 pm

After a few moments, Scythe Spin arrived back to the group with his bread and vegetables, positioning himself next to Ruby. He heard Rat's city accent, but said nothing about it. He remained silent until they were ready to depart.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Ruby looked at Rat. "Oh, it's nothing. I can assure you that it's nothing. Now, once Scythe gets back we can start heading into the Everfree to find this temple." She tried really hard to hide her fear, but it wasn't quiet so convincing to Star. He just seemed to watched her, waiting for a perfect time to ask her something.

Ruby looked next to her and saw Scythe. "Oh. Yay. We can now head to the Everfree." She said with a smile, trotting off in the direction Rain had went and was waiting for them. Star got up and walked after her. "We best not keep Rain waiting any longer then we have already."
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 6:26 am

Rat followed Star immediately, silent. She watched Ruby's expression. She looked around to everyone else, watching them befor she simply kept after Ruby.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 11:42 am

That doesn't sound like nothing, Dusk thought. He could tell there was something bothering Ruby, but he didn't know enough about her to know what was normal and what wasn't. But whatever was in that journal had caused her some concern. He'd have to ask about it when he could get a private moment with her.

He soon started following Ruby to the forest, as ready as he thought he'd ever be for this. Just try to return home safely. Even if I return empty hoofed, returning home will be worth it, he said to himself.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 11:48 am

Scythe follows quietly, looking around and making sure he doesn't fall behind. He waits for Ruby or Star to start a conversation with him since he didn't know what to talk about in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 2:16 am

Ruby shook her head. She knew they were looking at her, but she tried to ignore them and keep walking. I didn't help thought that there was a little feeling in the back of her mind. A feeling she can't shake, but she knew full well what that was. Why can't you stay put and not move anywhere! Because you don't stay put and move everywhere. A low growl came from her. She quickly shook her head and trotted a little bit faster.

Star just shook his head at her. He slowed down a little bit to be closer to the group while Ruby stayed up in front. "I worry about her sometimes. She's been keeping something secret from me...and it's NOT about the temple..." He let out a sigh and shook his head a little more, looking at the ground as he walked. "Anyway, you all do know about the dangers that lurk in the Everfree, do you not? I want to know why you still come with us even though it is dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 5:17 am

"As I mentioned earlier, I wanted an adventure and I wanted to put my skills from the guard to use," Dusk said. He knew he could handle himself against most of the creatures in the Everfree Forest.

What Star said earlier caught his attention though, and he wonder how Star knew Ruby. "Hey Star, how did you and Ruby become friends?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 11:48 am

Rat simply grunted. "Danger means good pay, an' that's all I need to know." She idly reached for, and patted, the pocket of hers which held her pocketknife. She heard Dusk's question, and looked to Star as she, too, wanted to know that very same thing.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 7:45 am

"How I became friends with her? I never really considered her a friend. I considered her as like an...older sister I never had. Growing up as an orphan, I never knew my family and never had a brother or sister. How I met Ruby was an...odd night for me. Ruby is a smart mare. She knows things about magic that most of you know nothing about. Late one night, Princess Luna stumbled upon Ruby reading through books in the library Twilight Sparkle once used. I was out taking my patrol around the castle. I was the rookie, stall am the rookie, so patrolling around the castle was a good way to get to know it." Star smiled a bit, adjusting his sunglasses a little. He continued walking following Ruby as she lead them towards the Everfree.

"During my patrol, I passed by the library. Luna and Ruby were talking about magic and stuff. I was caught eavesdropping on their conversation. I guess Luna thought Ruby needed a guard to protect her and her knowledge of magic, so she assigned me for that job. I may have been a rookie, but I was and am damn good at my job. Whenever she leaves to goes somewhere out of Canterlot, I am tasked to join her. I'm not forced to go, but I do always enjoys the little adventures she goes on. Though...that does bring up the question of what she is keeping secret." His ears flattened against the side of his head, his expression a somewhat sad one.

Ruby stayed quiet, but she wasn't deaf. She heard every word Star said as they walked. She just didn't want to say anything to him or the other ponies at the moment. Then Star brought up the subject of her hiding something. She let out a barely audible sigh. Oh Star...Sweet little Star...If only you knew the truth...but if me knew the truth would he still think of me as like an older sister. I...I don't know anymore... She shook her head a little bit, a creeping feeling crawling up the back of her mind. One can not be fully be praised if they do not tell the truth. "Grr. What does that mean?" She said quietly to herself. You're the smart one. Figure it out yourself. Figure it out for...Wind Rider. Ruby stopped walking freezing in her next step. Her eyes filled with sadness, grief, and terror.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 3:24 pm

"Well, unless that secret of hers endangers us, I won't worry to much. It might not even be my place to know what it is," Dusk said. He soon noticed that Ruby had stopped, and even though he couldn't see her face at that moment, he could tell something was wrong.

He continued walking for a bit until he actually could see her face, and noticed the sadness and fear. Must be that secret of hers. It's the only explanation I have, Dusk thought. He then asked, "Miss Ruby, are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Rat, this time, just stayed silent instead of responding. She raised an eyebrow at Ruby, bu waited for her to respond to Dusk. Rat was interested in the story, n file it away for later us whenevershe might need it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Forgotten Temple (Private)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next