OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

It Takes All Kinds [private]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 8:08 pm

As the chatter in the bar filled with all sorts of topics and cheer, some drunk ponies off in a corner singing, others playing cards and so on. The group that was talking about the badlands were talking about their recent escapades in the badlands.

Though their attention all turned toward's Sugary when the talk of drink came up. The eldest stallion of them spoke up with a "Oh! ho-ho-ho-ho!" he was rather amused. "Pull up a seat then there sonny! Careful now we may just break your wallet if you throwin' an offa' like that!" he chuckled a few times and the other ponies around him all chuckled and smiled as well.

"So bring the drinks and pull up a seat, do we got things to tell you!"
Back to top Go down
http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 12:28 am

If Sugary's pockets could scream, they wouldn't cause his pockets were empty as he had his cash in his Inventory tied to his waist still. If the Inventory could scream though, it would sound like a bat out of hell as many around him were rather eager to go with his offer. "Come on, let this be worth it... I've been a good stallion, right...?"

He sat right next to the hearty stallion, looking at him straight in the eyes as he took out enough bits for just the one stallion for a typical beer and outright placed it right in front of him as incentive. "Well, you heard what I said. Talk and I'll pay for words spared and thirst gained from it. Any and all details will do, I'm ready for anything!" He was as sure of himself as he could be...
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 2:06 pm

When Sugary placed the bits for a single beer the elder stallion could only laugh heartily as he would pat Sugary on the shoulder. "It seems he be the serious type. Well now, a single round of beer then. Now let's see what I can tell you with only just that." he would make mouthing motions like his throat was dry as he whistled loudly and called over to the bartender making a hand movement that was probably some sort of bar lingo for 'another round please'. He would settle himself in his seat and look toward's Sugary. "Now what be you interested in such a place laddy? It's filled with all sorts of dangers, it's practically a wasteland out there! Matter of fact, me and my fellows 'ere just came back from there. It was quite the weekend actually." he would laugh and look to the others who nodded their heads as well, a few taking a couple swigs of the drinks they already had on the table.

The Elder Stallion. "You got yerself the heat of the sun to deal with over there, no shade for miles. Lack of water, creepy crawlys just raring to pounce on you if given the chance."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Sugary liked that he had their attention so far, or at least that of the eldest. After he spoke, he placed a few more bits in front of him while looking around at the rest a bit cautiously, not having forgotten that Al had been sent against them once, so he needed to be wary of others like her if any knew of the Bazaar like she did. "Yeah, I expect to see, or not see, pretty much what you just told me... But I'm looking for something else. I hear tell there's a place there worth spending a few extra bits in than this town and bar, a place where I might find something rare, beautiful, and priceless. Know of such a place?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 7:39 pm

When more bits were placed, another of the stallions spoke up. "Oh boi, yeh be wantin' to find out the deep and dirty stuff, now don'tcha. Can't say we do or we don't know about it, but surely that ain't enough beers to find out."

The elder stallion would finish off his drink as a waitress soon came in with another one and gave it to him. He'd chuckle and tell her. "Thank yah beautiful!" and then proceeded to take a swig before he looked toward's Sugary. "We ye can also visit the Zebra tribe there, dunno what they got but who knows they made trade for some random items or another. The mares just love these fancy necklaces the Zebra's make. I'm sure to make a killing selling these off in canterlot."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Once the other stallion, and the elder stallion spoke after one another, Sugary would once again place more bits on the table, this time for both speaking. "Deep and dirty? I wouldn't know how deep or dirty it is, I just want directions if you got any... As for the Zebra tribe... Do they take kindly to travelers? I'd sure like to ask them a few things about the area too if you can point me to them. Trust me, there's little a place I'm not willing to go."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 7:58 pm

The eldery stallion would chuckle. "Hohohoho, nope not one bit. You'd have to be very lucky to get to speak with them before they just skewer you. They usually keep to themselves, so long as you don't get near their territory yeh be fine." he chugged a long swig of his drink and then gave a burp.

The other stallion who took a smaller swig of his drink would look at Sugary when he dropped more bits down. "Yeah, you won't be getting anything out of the Zebra's. As the old colt said there. They be not kind to strangers. What you seem to not be realizin though." he took a swig. "Just by asking questions like this, you'll be puttin ponies in danger." he gave a chuckle and the mare next to him spoke up.

"They be right, darlin. I'll give you a hoof on this little tid bit, it's not you who we be talking about puttin' in danger, so if yeh have any care any others, then ye best ask different questions."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:33 am

Sugary was now really feeling it; The feeling one got when one was overstaying their welcome. Or at least, he was starting to wonder if the others were not telling him more for his sake, and Kimi's. Even so, all he got so far were but a few minor details and warnings about the local tribe. He looked to the mare though as he held his Inventory as if to pull a bit more bits from it, but didn't this time. "... Fair enough. I'll keep your concern in mind, but there is one more thing I'm hoping to get a clear answer from. In and of itself, it should not be a problem for anyone to point out if they knew what it is... Has anyone seen any airships flying near here? And if so, to which direction? That's the one thing I wanna know the most."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 4:21 am

Of course they knew more then let on. They area group that goes into the badlands quite often. It's particularly why one of them said what she said. They just know things that others probably shouldn't. Though Market's question about an airship cause them to turn heads and look at each other. They held confused looked and looks of obvious thought. None seem to clear on an answer though. "I don't know, only airships i knew about come from Canterlot and them big cities. Any down here would probably be coming far south from the badlands." said one of them.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 6:21 am

The final statement may have been a vague answer, but it did give Sugary something to keep in mind thus far with what he gathered. "Dangerous hostile terrain... Chance of hostile tribe... Mild chance we're going the right way... Mild chance these guys know much more but can't get too much at once... Minor chance we need to head straight south once we enter the Badlands..." He'd nod to what he was given, and decided to once again place bits on the table, this time enough to cover for a few rounds as he got up from the table himself. "I see... Well, thank you for your time, but I feel I got all I could from this place asking for it... Of course, if anyone wants to chat me up for more anyway, I'll still be around town; I always did like a good story. Have a nice day." To an extent, he hoped to entice at least one to actually follow him, but he wasn't gonna hold his hopes high on that one. Instead, he'd briefly wait by the exit after walking back out, thinking of heading over to the carriage store next... and would most certainly go there immediately if none from the bar followed him out to talk yet...
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:01 pm

Upon Sugary leaving, one of the ponies there spoke out in a whisper just so he could hear as he was passing by. "If you have the leaflet for it, that's all you need to know." and after that, the stallion would laugh and join in on the new conversation his mates were having. Something about a get-rich-quick-scheme in Manehattan.

But nothing else had happened, they didn't follow Sugary. At the carriage store, there were two ponies, a stallion and a mare who were sitting behind a counter playing cards with each other. They seemed quite at peace, smiling and laughing with each other. The stallion had a yellow cream colored coat, dressed very cowboy western like. His mane and tail were a faded green color and both were cut short.

The mare's coat was a faded blue color, with wavy golden mane and tail, both medium length. She was dressed in a nice southern bell like outfit.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 6:15 am

As soon as Sugary heard the words he was given just before leaving the bar, he halted briefly, ears perked up as he hoped to get more on the way out, but would find nothing more given by the time he did come out. The walk to the next location would be somewhat of a slow one as he thought about the leaflet. He most certainly hadn't forgotten about it, but he was unsure how to address it in this new location. Given that some outright told him not to ask too much before actually getting a clue, perhaps it was wise to not share it too freely for now. "Considering that crazy mare came after us ever since... Yeah, need to be very careful about that here... But now what? I can't just stop trying to get more clues either..."

By entering the carriage store, he thought to try and take a different approach at least as he spoke to them on the way in. "Good evening. I'm curious about the quality of your carriages, but could you tell me if these could be used in the Badlands well enough? I've heard some seem to go out there from time to time, so I was wondering if you knew any who used them for it regularly."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 6:28 pm

"Ha! Go fish..." said the female in a cocky tone, the guy looked at his cards and blinked and his brows furrowed together. "Wait a minu-" at this point Sugary showed up and caught both of their attention. They shot put their cards down and shot up and ran up to the counter to be the proper attendants they were suppose to be.

The Male would speak first. "Good evening sir, We've got the best carriages in, don't chu fret, our carriages will be able to hold you and anyone inside to wherever you need too."

The female will slyly comment. "It helps we're the only carriage shop in town."

The male would look to the female and lightly hit her shoulder in a 'shush you!' kind of manner, to which she would reply. "what! I'm only tellin' the truth!"

The male would chuckle and place a hand on his hip. "Please don't mind my sister, while yes, we are the only carriage shop in town, we still got the best quality out there! I can guarantee you they'll travel just fine to he badlands and back, so you heard right."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:37 pm

Amusement by the siblings shenanigans aside, Sugary perked his ears as he got his answer rather straightforwardly. He nodded and moved over to the counter himself to speak up close. "Glad to hear that... But as is, I'm more curious about routes taken and routes purposely avoided than the carriages themselves. I don't suppose you'd be kind enough to share a map or a log about such records? I'm going adventuring you see, and it would help me decide where I ought to go in advance... You know, not just head out there and try to get lost, if you know what I mean."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 11:30 pm

The stallion would ponder Sugary's question on it as if trying to remember something, but then shook his head. "Sorry, sir, we only just rent out, or sell carriages, we don't actually hold that sort of information. I mean the only thing we really got would be...hey sis, couldja get me one of the maps."

His sister would nod her head as she'd go to the end of the counter and pulled out what looked to be a tri-folded pamplet and she'd walk back over and unfold it and place it on the counter for Sugary to see. It was a map of Equestria, much like all the other maps you can find in various towns, villages and cities across equestria. Nothing exactly detailed about them as it showed in the bottom portion a nice big empty sandy part past the mountains named "Badlands"

She'd point to the only entry to the badlands. "There is only one way in as far as we know, it's fairly straight foreword, but beyond that we dont really got any specifics about it. There is that one group that constantly goes back and forth from it, but they don't really tell us anything specific about it except they either did good that day or not."

Sugary would be able to remember the group as he spoke to them a little while ago.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 1:30 am

Sugary was a tad disappointed in only getting a plain map shown like the one they had taken at the station. The path shown for that matter was nothing he didn't already know for the most part. He flicked his ears and tail, however, when told about a group in particular that seemed to make frequent use of some of their carriages, he was fairly certain he knew whom they meant, but more so than that, he had an extra clue to go by. "We could probably follow some tracks that seem well used... Let's see if I can get one more thing though..." "I see. Then would you happen to know if that group will be, well... I'm assuming renting... and head out with another cart soon? Might be nice to travel with regular visitors and then go our separate ways from there."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 10:31 pm

They siblings would look at each other and ponder. "Umm...I think they just got back?" the brother said as he looked to his sister.

His sister would respond. "Yeah, sounds 'bout right. They brought a carriage about four days ago and left that day. I'm sure they were in town today, I think they went in the pub."

The brother nodded his head. "Yeah, i'm sure I saw them passing by today, they did look rather plum tuckered out."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 12:35 am

"Hm... I hear ya. I think I might've met them already too... Well, thanks for telling me at least. Now I know who to look out for. See ya, and good day!" Having at least confirmed there was something suspect about those in the bar as well as gather a clearer example of where he could go, he headed out from the store and towards another one.

This time, he'd go to the clothes store, and as soon as he saw a sales clerk of any kind, he'd ask for their time. "Excuse me. I heard there's opportunity for a bit of coin to be made out in the badlands. Is it true you make trades with the zebra tribes and other merchants out there?" If carriages could be sent far out, there was a chance materials could be delivered from the town as well, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 8:00 am

The siblings would nod their heads and bid their farewells.

Within the clothing store there was a woman who owned the shop. dressed in a lovely dress, similar in style to what Cherry Jubilee wore. She would be standing behind the counter and then blink at Sugary and tilt her head. "I'm sorry, sir. I do not know where you heard such a rumor, but I do not make trades with anyone from the badlands."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 6:32 pm

"Hm... Guess I was expecting a bit too much... But maybe...?" Sugary nodded to the well dressed mare, and casually leaned on the counter for another question. "Ah, my mistake then... But do you know of anyone else in town who might? I'm not quite used to this location yet."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 4:05 pm

She would take a moment to think about it and then shake her head. "Sorry, sir, but I don't think there's anypony within this town that trades in such a thing. I do hate to sound mean spirited, but if you aren't going to buy anything here, could you please leave?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Sugary's smiled weakly at the mare, as even he could tell this store was not going to be one where he made progress in. "Shame, but I understand. Thank you for your time and hearing me out nonetheless. Have a nice day." And with that, he left the store while giving a friendly wave to the mare. "Not too many places I can go without wandering about at random... I could always just go knocking door to door, but several here don't seem as hospitable as those at home... Strange customs... I may as well try looking for the Sheriff himself this time. If anyone's bound to clue me in further, it's that old timer." He'd search and search for the Sheriff. Sooner or later, the stallion had to show up in his sights...
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 6:40 pm

The mare would smile and wave. "No problem, have yourself a great day."

By this point the Sheriff had left the bar and was walking around town. Making sure things here and there were all in good order. It was his job after all to make sure his citizen's were safe and comfortable. Eventually he would come across Sugary's sights around the area where they first met when Sugary first wandered into town.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 10:09 pm

Finally, the stallion Sugary had been searching for came into view, and he made his approach. Unlike the last time, he smiled and waved with more vigor. "Good evening, Sheriff! Remember me? I got to stay over at Cherry Jubilee's. My companion is feeling much better too, so thanks for guiding me to her house... Also, you're not too busy are you? I was hoping we could chat a bit."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 4:46 pm

"Oh hello there fellah, I'm glad to hear that. Well I'm not doing much of anything aside from patrol, but if yeh can talk and walk I'm sure we could chat a bit." he stated as he walked up to Sugary and gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder as he would take the lead in walking as he continued his patrol. "So what's troubling you? Anything I can help yah with?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It Takes All Kinds [private]
Page 20 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next