OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

It Takes All Kinds [private]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:21 am

While it was nice to hear other names that seemed to belong to cherished people for Kimi, Sugary had no clue who they were. Though the name of Kimberly most certainly alluded to an obvious answer as well as the fact she looked at the fillies with a look that now reminded him of the time she spoke of her own children. "Kimi... Kimberly... Kim Kim... Makes sense...?"

Before he actually got to addree the issue though, she was already right behind him, holding onto his shoulders. Personally, the simple touch was enough to make him feel slightly withdrawn as this was the first time he recalled she purposely wasn't keeping close to him to keep up friendly appearances. He looked around, but saw no obvious danger, which was quite surprising as he came to a realization. "Does she trust me more...? She's certainly much more relaxed."

There was also something else he barely felt hovering just above him as she dismissed the question agout how he looked to others, so when he looked up to see what it was, he felt both the flickering of his horn, which was very unexpected and made him flinch lightly, as well as suddenly having one of her ample breasts rub right over his raised muzzle, which immediately made him scrunch his nose in a light stun. He realized a few things right there and then: He did in fact touch her breast, unintentionally; e was now 100% certain they were real; And... "... They're so soft and warm~! And she still smells nice!"

Hoping with every fiber of his being that she knew the contact was not on purpose, he coughed lightly and got up while staring at her. "Well, fine... I just thought I was too young to be called old is all... As for where we can go... To be honest, I'm not too sure right now. In my experience, the most interesting things around here are the holiday events or just planned activities. But... If you'd like to do more sightseeing, Sweet Apple Acres is another good spot to visit. Best apple farm in the continent by far, and one of the Elements might just be there too. Speaking of which! I think that pegasus mare with the other pink mane was the Element of Kindness! Or at least I think she was. I couldn't see her face well..."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:45 am

Kimi didn't bother to hit him about his 'touch', she was smart enough to realize it was an accident. She gave him a pass this time around, maybe next time, if there ever would be, he may not be so lucky. Kimi couldn't help but laugh lightly at Sugary's minor complaint about old age before he had suggested the farm. She thought on it and then gave a shrug. A farm would be interesting to look at, wide open spaces, lots of room to exercise in if she needed it, which she kinda did, so hopefully they would give her permission to stretch her muscles some.

Sugary made mention of the pegasus that was here a few moments ago, Fluttershy, and how he thinks that she was the Element of Kindness. Kimi arched a brow and looked in the direction that Fluttershy left earlier and then looked back to him. "Really, now?" honestly it could have fooled her, she recalled from what Sugary said the elements of harmony were something like saviors. "Well thats surprising." she added, but the mare was already long gone, so asking her was out of the question.

"Then let us be off to Sweet Apple acres." she looked to him and gave a smirk. Maybe it was just the natural energy of this world that was uplifting her mood. There was so much natural energy, if she wanted to she could just grab it and horde it for her sage techniques. She waited for Sugary to take the lead. "After you."
Back to top Go down
http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 7:24 am

Sugary would notice more and more that Kimi's demeanor was getting better. It was a stark contrast from the night before. "Will do. Didn't think you'd be up for a trip there though... Was the train that cramped for you by the way? You're looking quite chipper." He smiled a little as he began to lead the way after lightly urging her to follow. He was now looking at what remained of the pies as well though, and decided to bring out a dry towel to wrap them in, and then store them away in the Inventory for the time being.

Along the way to what was now a quieter part of town, he felt compelled to ask her a quick question. "Say... Those names you mentioned earlier... Kimberly and Tsuka... Are they your kids?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 8:39 am

Kimi blinked at what Sugary said and her cheeks were a little rosy. She lightly scratched at her cheek as she didn't think it was that bad. "I guess..." she had mumbled in his response about the train being cramped. She's always lead a rather active lifestyle, so being forced to sit back and do nothing in a small area for a long time really bothered her. Kimi would follow after Sugary as he lead the way to the apple farm . She was gazing off to the side when he had asked her about the names she had mentioned. Her ears perked up at hearing them and she looked at him and hesitated a moment before she answered. "Yes."

She had pondered to herself about why she was being so defensive, it's not like anyone in this world knew who she was. There was no need for secrets here, guess it was just bad habits. "I guess I never told you their names. Kimberly and Tsuka Seishou."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 12:37 am

Sugary was glad that Kimi was slowly opening up more again. He felt it made things easier to deal with as they came, if not at least understand her better. When he was confirmed of the kids names, he smiled just a little bit more. "Kimberly and Tsuka... Thank you for sharing..." He paused for a moment, seeming as if that was all he'd say, but he was just giving a bit of thought to other relatives. "... My younger sister has two kids of her own. I know you're nothing like her, but... you still remind me of her in some ways. She'd get just about the same worried look you would when it came to them... Kimi, listen... If it looks like I might be trying too hard to help you out, well... I just don't want you to keep worrying is all..." He then lightly scratched his nose, having said his peace, if a tad awkwardly. He wasn't about to claim being the most refined speaker if it meant trying to make things clear with others.

Not far off was the Ponyville famous Sweet Apple Acres. While Ponyville was a fairly rustic town, especially compared to Manehatten, the family owned farm was nothing but wide open space spanning hills covered with apple trees as far as the eyes could see, as well as smaller sections with other produce. It was truly a wonder how so few could tend to so much. Sugary began to feel much more relaxed and at ease in this area, alost as if being reminded of someplace else.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 2:22 am

Kimi arched a brow at him as he had brought up his sister and how she had reminded him of her. She really didn't have a thing to say about it, but she did give a light smirk. It was nice having still living relatives. The ones she had, well they're no longer with her that's for sure. She waved her hand at Sugary and just responded with a "yeah, yeah..." She kept following him all the way up until they began to see the first sign of the apple trees. She took a moment to take in the sight of it all.

It was impressive, to say the least, the bountiful rows and rows of apples trees expanding far and wide. Clearly one can tell that these orchards were maintained with great delicacy and care. What kind hands spend their lives toiling the soil here was indeed a master. Kimi could tell that much just by looking at the condition of the place.

Small minute details were all she needed to be able to tell that such a place is cared for, for generations. The sight of it as well gave a therapeutic sensation to boot, at least for those that held the appreciation for more rustic towns. Kimi, herself, though she lived in a village much bigger than this one, it was dead in the middle of vast ocean of trees and pretty rustic on it's own. Though it had an eastern rustic appearance to it rather than the western approach this town had.

It would be a long dirty stretch of road that would lead to the owners of Sweet Apple Acres. The bright red barn stood tall and could easily be seen from where they would and used as a sign post of sorts to find the home that housed the Apple family. Kimi would look to Sugary. "This world continues to surprise me." she stated as she would keep to his side and followed him as they headed further towards the Apple farm.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 5:00 am

"Never seen a grove this big, have you? It's really something... This place might as well be a natural wonder, it's beautiful... And speaking of beautiful..." A very mild grin coursed through Sugary's lips as he now strongly recalled who else lived here. "... This is also the home of the famed Element of Honesty, Applejack. But she's also known for her farming and for being an expert bucker...!" He paused briefly, looking at Kimi the human turned pony, and then realizing she might not know what he was talking about when he mentioned AJ could kick like a pro. "... That is to say, she can kick apples down from trees incredibly well. Never met her up close, but she fills those barrels and bails up like a machine! I met a lot of guys that wish they were that fit. She makes it look like it was nothing, and looks good doing it, and-...!?" It was at that very moment that he caught himself being just a bit too starstruck for the distantly attractive farmmare while in Kimi's company.

He got a sheepish look, and quickly tried to change the subject. "So... Lotus, what do you think of the place? Don't you have anything like this back home? Or does it remind you of somewhere?" Perhaps it was a cheap diversion, but he figured he'd try and at least ponder why such a place seemed so wonderful to her. He just thought of it as an amazingly well kept farm.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 5:10 am

Kimi looked towards Sugary and arched a brow as he started to go on and on. She looked back towards the farm wondering why something like this needed such a fangasm. Yes, she would admit that it was an impressive farm, but she's seen multitude of farms back home. Though they were off different kinds, from wheat, to berries, to cattle to corn. It's practically one of the primary source of food for most of the world she belonged too.

Kimi glanced back at Sugary when he began to speak about the Element of Honest, Applejack and then he felt like he needed to explain what bucking was. Actually in fact she knew what bucking was, that term is actually used in her world as well whenever cattle kicks back at people so she was able to pick that up, but she stayed quiet and listened to him. She stared even more as if trying to tease him about his fangasm. Her ears twitching as a smirk arose on her cheek. "Ooooh?" she said in that tone as if she found something juicy out of what she heard. "It sound's like someone has a crush." she looked back toward's the apple trees and nodded her head. "We do a lot of farming back home, we just don't have massive apple orchards as expansive as this."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 3:19 am

Sugary flinched and blushed a tad more noticeably this time as Kimi hit a soft spot about his likes and dislikes. "It's not a crush!! I just happen to admire her from afar. She's virtually the most ordinary of the Elements, yet still manages to pull through like the rest of them. Last I checked, she was still alive after those events I mentioned and then some. I'm sure you know of the importance of gathering information throughout the land, and I just happen to find her very fascinating from what I've seen and heard." He had his muzzle raised up slightly, trying to sound and look very stouthearted, but he then felt he was just much better off being true to himself as he then crossed his arms and looked to the ground while speaking more softly at Kimi. "... Okay fine, she's tall, she's fit, she's pretty, I hear she's really nice, and she's a farmer... There, you happy? And speaking of farming..." He looked to Kimi again, but he seemed to be staring at her hands more. "Did you do a lot farming too even as Village Chief...?" While waiting on an answer or none, the duo would essentially reach the gates closest to the home of the Apples.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 3:57 am

Kimi didn't shift her gaze to him while he was talking, but she grew a rather evil snakish smile on her face and not evil in the sense of going to murder someone, but evil in the sense of 'shes-up-to-something'. Almost as if it were straight out of an anime, she actually released a sinister sounding, but short lived. "kukuku..." It very quickly disappeared as she looked to him and just gave him a unnaturally pleasant, gentle smile. Visually the smile looked perfectly fine, but one can just tell that she was up to something. "Farming's a primary means of my species's food source. We have all sorts of farms." she answered and continued. "Yes, I've had to do farming shortly after I've made my village. I've also had to farm alongside my people until we've grown big enough that it wasn't necessary for me to pitch in anymore and I could focus on other things."

Upon arriving at the gates, Kimi would take a moment and look around at the Apple Farm. It was quite charming, the farm, the house, farm equipment strewn about, obviously someone was currently using them. Above the gate was an archway that had a wooden plaque attached to it with a apple cutout through the middle of it. To their right were some chicken coops and a bit further right one can see many hay piles standing tall ready to be collected.

To their left one can easily spot a well with it's bucket resting on the cobble stole edge attached by a rope. Further left one can spot several plots of lands with different types of vegetation growing out of it. Off a short distance to their left just passed the vegetation one can see the main house. Comprised of at least two floors with an ever so charming southern feel to it. Straight ahead of them they could see the bright red barn that they could see from further down the road. The doors were wide open and just inside you can see a carriage inside, currently stacked up on what appears to be bricks. Seems like the wheels have been taken off the carriage, possibly they are currently being fixed. High on top of the barn, you could even see a large Apple shaped weather vane.

"Look's like a nice place..." she lightly commented to Sugary.

From behind the barn one can hear yelling. "Eyyy! Big Mac, yah sure yah spotted mah hammer back 'ere?!"

There was a very short moment of silence before a stronger and deeper voice responded. "Eeeyup!"

The voice responded. "well consarnit! I don't see it." Amongst the supplied that were strewn about within Sugary and Kimi's visual range, a hammer, with a apple mark burned into it's handle, could be seen sitting on top of a stack of neatly packed hay that sat near the wide open barn doors.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Sugary could have sworn he heard Kimi laugh in what sounded like a subdued 'Kekeke...' or perhaps something similar; It made him think she just plain found his admiration funny, not that he could blame her. Though he did smile at her a bit in being told she had done her own share of farm work.

Seeing the barn so up close for the first time was a bit of an odd feeling. Normally, he had only ever really passed by the farm, or watched from beyond the fence for anything that seemed of interest, or just to admire the contents of it from a distance if he got the chance... including a certain apple-bucking mare. He thought the walk to this point with Kimi was pleasant nonetheless, and considered spending more time near the quiet property with her if it were possible.

He certainly heard the voices coming from the nearby barn though, which confirmed the place was as busy as he ever recalled. He then looked to the hammer, and then at Kimi as he thought that might be what was mssing. "... I... guess we can help a bit...? I think that's the hammer..." He then walked ahead towards the barn doors, and began to call to the voices inside. "Hello? We were passing through and heard you were missing something. There's a hammer with an apple insignia right out here; Is that it?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:15 am

"I don't see why not." she answered him as she'd follow him. She kept a short distance behind him as she wanted to see this play out. She was going to figure out something, but she needed to find the right moment.

Sugarys voice carried to the Apple ponies in and behind the barn. The voice from earlier would respond out to Sugar. "Yeah, that's mah hammer. Would'ja be a partner and mind bringin' that back to me 'ere?" She responded. "I'm a bit wrangled an' I can't walk over there."

Inside the barn a tall muscular stallion with a bright red coat, very similar in color to the mane of Applebloom's, would come out carrying two large bundles of haystacks. Packed tightly like the others were by the barn door. Dressed in a short sleeve brown button up shirt, with a white shirt underneath it, slightly drenched because of sweat. He also wore blue jeans as well, slightly torn up at the knees and frayed at the end. It certainly wasn't something expensive or amazing, but for farm work it was nice and comfortable.

He stopped and looked toward's Sugary and Kimi and stared at them, his ears twitched slightly, his scruffy disheveled hair blowing in the breeze. "Aj's in the back." nice, short and simple, he looked to the barn as if that motion was telling Sugary and Kimi to 'just go through here'. Right afterwards he walked passed them.

Kimi only stared and blinked, that felt awkward to her for some reason, but she couldn't understand why. She then looked toward's Sugary. "Well...let's go take it to her."

It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Anthro_big_macintosh_by_gray_gold-d6uvusc
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 5:55 am

After Sugary and Kimi virtually got a free pass from the eldest of the Apple sibbling trio and watched him move along casually by for what seemed for more work, it left them with little else but to comply with Applejack's voice coming from the far back as he nodded to the red stallion and picked the hammer up. He did comment in a low voice to himself about Big Mac though. "Huh... He really is that tall... What did he eat that I didn't?"

There was another thought on his mind now as he brought the hammer to the owner, or rather a feeling. If Kimi truly was as perceptive as a snake, she might notice Sugary's heart beating just a tad faster. After all, he might actually get to meet one of the few in the land he has genuine admiration for above most. "Miss, where are you? I got the hammer with me."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 9:16 am

Kimi caught wind of Sugary's murmurs, but she made no audible comment, but she did think to herself. Milk, if I were to guess. Her ears were down as they walked further into the barn, but the closer they had gotten to the back of the barn the higher Kimi's ear's rose and something had grabbed her attention. Her eyes shifting over to Sugary as she was walking about three steps behind him. Tha-thump! Tha-thump! That repeating beat over and over, wait! Was that Sugary's heartbeat? Kimi blinked as she looked at the stallion, and really couldn't help but grow a snakish smile on her face as she walked quickly, actually making the sounds of her own footsteps disappear. She allowed herself just fall back that she would be close enough to watch it, but not close enough to be seen.

"Over 'ere, Sugarcube." she spoke out from the other side of the barn's exit. Off a little bit to the left is the owner of the southern mares voice. Against the wall of the barn were four somewhat large new wooden wheels, more than likely the wheels are for the carriage inside the barn, just a little bit next to it were broken pieces of what looks like old worn out wheels--whatevers left of them that is. There were also three long strips of beaten up metal, shaped in a circle, laid out on the ground as these were more than likely the old metal coverings for the old wheels.

A fourth circular beaten up strip of metal was tossed on top of the other three old metal strips. The one who tossed the strip was none other than the Element of Honesty, Applejack. Her coat a fresh shade of orange, with luscious long blonde mane and tail tied down by a red band. Upon her head a rather aged, though this oddly looks new, cowboy hat made of light brown leather. She wore a light green plaid shirt that's tied together around her sternum exposing her mid-drift. She also wore rather short jean shorts, with a brown leather belt with a silver buckle that has the apple family insignia on it. Around her neck she has a red scarf loosely tied as if it were used as a mask at one point in time. Her body figure was obviously the result of constant farm work, barely any fat at all mostly all muscle, though not as extremely defined as Big Mac was.

From the look's of it she was actually picking up stuff and was currently in the middle of coiling a big pile of rope. Not to far from her was a decently sized wheeled tool box and on top of it was a hand held blowtorch. Applejack, much like Big Mac, was covered in sweat as well. It made her shirt cling tighter to her than normal. With exuberant emerald green eyes, she would look over to Sugary and gave him a big smirk oozing with confidence. "Could'ja just put mah hammer right in this tool box." she made a quick motion to the tool box, one drawer was pulled open, possibly the spot where the hammer belongs in. "Just'a put it in the drawer there." she continued coiling the rope. "Mighty kind of yah to fetch my hammer. Name's Applejack, what's yur name fella?"

It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Aj_by_frank_seven-d8316hi
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 11:02 pm

While the thought of meeting Applejack was excilirating on its own for various reasons for Sugary, it would likely soon become apparent for Kimi that the faster beating heart was just part of the internal excitability as he finally got to see the Apple farmer up close... in fairly skimpy workclothes... and lots of sweat... His grip on the hammer tightened ever so slightly and his breathing deepened just a tad bit more as well along. He wasn't blushing just yet though, he wasn't that starstruck after all, but there was no doubt the admiration was strong, and he soon learned an aditional detail he woud quickly grow fond of as he looked at her face. "... Her freckles are adorable..."

Before he was caught admiring her face for too long though, he looked towards the tool box, and began to answer as he placed the hammer where it belonged. "You're welcome. And it's Market... Sugary Market. It's an honor to meet you, Miss." He then chuckled under his breath to himself and was now blushing lightly as he thought to himself. "An honor...? Man, what's with me today? So much for composure. I blame Kimi... Speaking of which...?" He looked around for a moment, wondering where she had gone. "Lotus...?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Kimi was amused by the quickness of Sugary's heartbeat and internally she snickered to herself watching the stallion muster his courage to meet with someone who he held much admiration for. She's heard of such people to react in the same way, but never once has she actually met someone whose done that, and well who would have guessed she would have found it in a different world. she would keep watch from her distance and see how this would play out. Of course her being quite good at hiding, due to be a skilled ninja and all, basically fell down to one thing; if she didn't want to be found, she wouldn't.

Her ears twitched to the words that were being stated between the two ponies she was observing and a grin plastered to herself as she watched.

Applejack was winding up the last bit of coiling as she was bringing the end of the rope into her free hand, she held onto the massed coiled other half in her other hand and she began to loop the rope in through the middle of it and around it tying it with itself so it wouldn't come unwound. "Honor? Oh shucks, sugarcube, no need to be all formal like." she gave a smile as she found it a bit silly for a farm pony, like herself, to be on the receiving end of such nice words. She didn't see herself as some special high and fancy pony like the unicorns in Canterlot.

She walked over to the tool box carrying the wound rope and squatted down to it's largest drawer and she opened it and dumped the coiled rope inside. Once everything was in it's place she shut the drawer and grabbed the hand torch from on top of the tool box and grabbed on end of the tool box. "Is everything okay?" she gave him a light nudge on the shoulder. "Yah look a lil' wound up tighter than Granny come zap apple season." she gave a chuckle as she began to haul the cart behind herself with ease. It seems she missed hearing Sugary say the word Lotus. "So what bring's yah 'round these parts? No offense or anythan' but I don't exactly get strange ponies visit my farm everyday." She, however, didn't mean strange as in he looked funny, but strange as in a new person an unknown person, but whether Sugary understood than from the manner she spoke would be a different story. Applejack was pulling the cart towards the barn.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 4:56 am

Sugary kept looking around for Kimi for a bit longer, but still no immediate sign of her. Since he couldn't think of any reason for her to hide, he suspected nothing other than assuming she probably needed to do something else in private. "Still, better find her soon..."

Hidden Ninja aside, he felt oddly comfortable around Applejack as she spoke while still working to her heart's content. While Kimi felt like a deep pool of strong Raw Mana, and Pinkie felt like a walking talking contageous sugar rush, Applejack felt like an open fertile field; Nothing fancy, or extravagant, he just felt more at ease the more he was near her despite his obvious admiration.

Having his attention fully caught again when AJ touched his shoulder, he'd answer earnestly. "Heh... Well, me and a traveling companion were just getting a good stretch walking about. We're waiting for the train to get going again, sure, but it feels cramped after a while... Just wish I knew where she went just now... That aside, we're really just passing by for now." He looked more intently at the tools she was handling. "... Say, you running general maintenance, or just fixing that cart?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Kimi silently giggled to herself watching this, rather amused by the whole matter, it was interesting to see this side of Sugary. She would show herself in due time, for now she would enjoy the show and besides, she had an inkling that this would do some good for the stallion to have some alone time meeting new people. Maybe she should go and speak with the other one while these two spoke? Nah, she was too amused at watching this.

Applejack listened to what Sugary said about his purpose here and that he was with a companion. "Oh? Well that's good. I'm not too big of a fan, myself, when it comes to train. Much too small for me too." she stated in agreement with the idea of stretching.

When the two entered the barn Kimi was nowhere to be found. The truth however was she jumped up to the ceiling and crawled upon the very ceiling as if it were a floor to her and moved to a dark corner hiding behind bales of hay that had been stacked up high.

Applejack hauled the cart to where it needed to go as she would answer Sugary's question. "It'sa bit of both. The wheel's needed to get changed and the bars needin' replaced. Matta fact, Granny Smith said she would be havin' the bar's brought in." Applejack placed a hand on her hip and another on her chin as she looked out the barn's entrance as if waiting to see some young stallion's hauling a cart with the bars with Granny Smith in tow. "Sure is takin' 'em a long time." For a moment she held a worried look on her face. "Sure, hope Granny ain't causin' trouble neither."

Big Mac had returned back to the barn and saw Applejack and Sugary. He walked over and just as he was about to say something. Applejack patted him on the chest and looked to Sugary as she grave a big grin. "I dunno if yah meet, but this here be my Big brother, Big Mac." Big Mac for the moment looked a little annoyed that he was interrupted...again, by Applejack. "Big Mac, this here is Sugary Market, what say you, we take a break?"

Big Mac looked to Sugary and gave another nod of 'hello as he then looked at Applejack. "eeyup." was his only verbal response.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Sugary looked around as he followed behind Applejack for signs of Kimi, but still found none. He really hoped she hadn't just wandered off too far. As for what he was being told, he thought about what he had seen along the way since he arrived into town as he greeted Big Mac quietl again with a nod and a 'hello' of his own. "We more or less already met on the way in, but pleased to meet you... As for those supplies? What direction where they supposed to come from? I didn't see anything that looked like what you were waiting on from the train stop till here."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Applejack glanced back at Sugar who asked about the supplies. "Well there's only one road between here and the town." she stated as she pointed towards the entrance, the same one Kimi and Sugary entered in from. "I'm sure she just be wranglin' trouble." she looked to Big Mac. "Big Mac, couldja?"

Big Mac looked at his sister and he nodded his head. "eeyup." As silent as he was he would turn and walk away heading out to go and find Granny Smith back in town.

Applejack took off her hat a moment and scratched her head as her ears wriggled a moment and she looked at Sugary. "Well let's not worry 'bout that. It'd be nice to take a break. Care to join me? We got some fresh squeezed apple juice inside." she had this look of someone who was quite happy about the work they did for the day. It was this comfortable look between exhausted and ecstatic. she then remember that Sugary had made a few mentions about a companion. "where you think yer friend went? The one you were mentionin' earlier."

Kimi kept hidden watching this as she was quite thrilled with the idea of Sugary being alone with Applejack, now just what should she do to mess with him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:19 am

Sugary's ears flicked and perked a bit as Applejack seemed not the least bit troubled at her Granny being delayed and just wanting to relax, while actually inviting him in. He admired her unconditional hospitality, and grew a bit more fondly of her because of it. "Miss, I'd like that very much... Unfortunately, I don't know where Lotus went. She was following right behind me up till just before I gave you the hammer." "Kimi... What gives...?" Thought he as he looked around, still quite happy and willing to follow the apple farmer for a refreshing drink.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:53 am

Applejack placed her hands on her hips as she shifted a glance towards Sugary. "Well if she was around when you brought ma' hammer. Then she's bound to show up, can't say there be much thing's of interest round here lest you were interested in farmin'." She gave a light chuckle. "Maybe she's just tryin' to pull a fast one on yah?" she hit his shoulder playfully as she then put on her hat and began to lead Sugary to the main house which was a short walks away from the barn. "Let's go have a nice refreshin' drink and sit on the porch and enjoy the cool breeze."

Kimi kept quiet and still and waited as they would head for the main house. Soon she will go into action and see just how well the stallion can hold under pressure.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 am

Sugary thought about the idea of Kimi trying to sneak up on him, after chuckling when he was playfully hit in the shoulder anyway. He didn't rule out the posibility, however unlikely. "And yet... What would she have to gain by doing that...? Unless she was just that cranky before? Better keep sharp." He was hardly an amateur, so Kimi would have to make quite a bit of effort to jest with him if she was really up to mischief...

Thoughts on the Ninja aside, he was liking keeping Applejack company so far. "You really are being a nice host, you know? Not too many willing to let a stranger in their home in these parts without knowing them." Along the way, he thought back to when he first tried to enter someone's home that left the doors open since he arrived in Equestria. He held back a sheepish smile. "I should've expected as much... New world, different rules and all. They didn't have to pull out a knife on me though, I didn't do anything!"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 2:49 am

Applejack countered Sugary's comment with. "I'm pretty certain if'in ya'll had bad intentions. Yah wouldn't have given me back my hammer so easily." She gave a light chuckle. "And besides, it's just the Apple's way of doin' things. We can tell when somepony is having bad intentions." she patted her stomach. "My gut is just tellin' me, yah mean no harm and my gut is never wrong."

She would lead Sugary to the main house and lead him inside. It was a nice and humble abode, made primarily from wood. The foyer area rather large and the stairs leading up to the 2nd floor would be found there. There was some old pictures hung along the wall showing various moments in Apple family history. Most of what could be seen were pictures of Applejack, Big Mac, Applebloom and Granny smith, the current Apple's that occupy this farm. right next to the door however was a picture of two other ponies; a mare and a stallion, both earth ponies, one holding a pitch fork and the other giving a shy smile while eying the stallion next to her.

A entrance way on either side of the room show two more room's of the house; The kitchen, which is on the left, and the living room, which is on the right. This home you can easily tell has been standing for a very long time. Some parts of the structure you can see have been replaced with newer wood, while most of the other parts still held strong with the old wood, but overall it gave it that extra charm to the place. to describe this whole house in one word would easily be described as; Family.

Applejack would lead right into the kitchen. "So mind tellin' me a bit about this partner of yours?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 11:22 pm

Sugary chuckled at Appejack about the meaning of a gut feeling, but it was in a very endearing manner. Such kinds of hunches and feelngs were the sort of thing he'd resort to at times as well as old friends, so he just felt even more at ease and joyful. "Never doubt your instincts..."

Walking through the home, he most certainly got the feeling of family. The sight, the colors, even the smell of the wood throughout the years seemed to tell of a silent stoy and legacy. Plus, it was the home of his host and reciever of admiration. He moved around the home with perhaps a bit more care than usual, having naught but respect for where he was.

When asked about Kimi, he tried to give the most accurate, but vague sort of answer he could as he took in a slight sigh after the events between them so far. "Well... She's an odd wanderer in her own right. We kinda bumped into eachother recently during what might have been trouble with some... well... troublemakers in Manehatten, but that was resolved fairly well... sort of..." He recalled both the sailors and the mystery mare that showed up. As far as he was concerned, the police was not after them in any way... yet. "Other than that, we kinda decided to travel together since I got some issues to fix, and she decided to come along and help. I'm hoping to repay the favor if all goes well... She's also about my size, looks younger but also has an... unusual skin condition, has her fair share of big responsibilities when she's not wandering about from wht she's told me and..." He paused for a brief moment again, tring to find a way to sum her up briefly. "... She's kinda hard to get along with, but a good mare and a good mother otherwise... I think you might get along well with her if she was here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It Takes All Kinds [private]
Page 11 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next