OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

It Takes All Kinds [private]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 1:17 am

Kimi would glance around at the sky, trying to find any star system that were similar to the ones that she could recognized from her world. Her ear would twitch as she listened to him as a show of attentiveness. "Unless you're willing to give your life to the cause of my village and become a shinobi of my village. I will not teach you what I know, simple as that, but I'm alright, I slept a lot and that's help with my recovery from the pills I had taken." She wasn't going to budge of teaching those not part of her village the secrets of her ways. It would be a brech of protocol and ninja ethics. Which is something she wouldn't do, it's something she grew up learning and what has kept her alive, the less someone knew about you the higher your chances of survival is basically what it had boiled down too.
Back to top Go down
http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 3:11 am

Even if she didn't look right at him, she might notice the sound of chin rubbing if her ears were that sharp. "Hmm... Become one of your Shinobi... A new world... A different culture... A flavor unlike anything I've come across..." He got light goosebumps at the thought of it, seeming giddy even. "Good to know there's no further side-effects to worry over then... The rest is oh so tempting, yet I get the distinct feeling you wouldn't let me even if I offered. Or do I have potential?" He left the last question up in the air for now, traveling onwards still. The quiet of their surroundings was pleasant, but he also thought if things were too quiet in such a vast terrain, something wasn't quite right...
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 5:26 am

"It doesn't matter on potential. It's just a simple matter of you don't belong in my world." she stated with no ill-intent in her tone. She just said it simply like a fact. She continued to walk alongside of it. It was night time, but the distance between where they were and where they needed to go was vast and there was very little to no light, so anyone in the area would really be asleep. The occasional grasshoppers chirping could be heard, the typical sounds of the night. "Why do you even want to bother yourself in desiring to know what I know?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 6:00 am

Sugary did not seem bothered by Kimi's answer, in fact he nodded in mild understanding while letting out a small sigh and a chuckle. "Maybe so... A for your question, I respond with an inquiry of my own:" He looked to her rather intently. "When you travel to a new location and meet new people, do you not feel any inclination about learning more of them? Do their strange and unusual flavor not entice you in any way? And would you not want to share the experience with others...?" He then paused briefly, and smiled while speaking as if he were a living contract while raising an index finger. "Disclaimer: The matters of sharing do not pertain to secretive secrets that shall remain secret at all times... I merely mean harmless little things still worth talking about."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 8:16 am

"There is a difference between learning harmless things, but what you want to learn from me is anything but harmless." she would bring her arms behind herself and grab her hands together with each other. "But as far as learning new things, that is rather a given with a species capable of creativity. If there is curiosity in them, there is a yearning to learn."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Walking along, Sugary chuckled. "Well yes, that may be so, but I'm well aware as to why you'd want to keep some things to the grave with you... You are right, however, in that the more dangerous techniques you know have to do with what I'm curious about. Then again, is it that much different than my magic? An adjustment of output can make the difference between lighting up a lantern and setting a forest ablaze... Ultimately, I desire to learn what you know to see what I could make of it. Maybe it'll improve my skills, maybe I'll understand the workings of magic better, or maybe I'll just be more knowledgeable in general once I've had the joy that comes from learning from a teacher... But you've already set the conditions for it, so not much point to keep discussing it now... I do have another question though... Can you tell me what it felt like to do what you do for the first time?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Kimi would shift a glance at him a moment deciding not to push the subject and just kept her walking pace nice and steady as they continued forth through the darkness. "What exactly do you mean what I do? As in my abilities? Or my shinobi lifestyle? Or being a village leader?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Sugary chuckled and scratched his chin. "Ah, sorry for not specifying... I mean your abilities growing up. Surely there must've been a first time of it that you can remember, right? I just wanna draw a comparison between yours and mine is all... I'd even be willing to share my experience if you're actually interested. So how about it?" He looked to Kimi expectantly, almost with youthful glee at the chance to learn more.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Kimi would be quiet for the moment, her thoughts trying to wrangle up a memory of her first time. She eventually shrugged her shoulders. "It wasn't anything special so I never bothered to remember it. I'm not like the rest of the people where I come from, so what i do comes more naturally to me like breathing itself, so i never considered it something special or important. It was just something I did as naturally as breathing."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Listening to her description felt like having a completely casual conversation of something fairly trivial it seemed, but as it were, that was good enough for him as he hummed in thought. "As natural as breathing, and not something all can do normally, eh...? It really does sound a lot like my abilities as a Magi then... No great ritual, no artificial infusions, and no magic wands... Heh... No need for hand signs either I suppose, but the rest sounds familiar... It felt like I was stretching an invisible muscle within me as far as I can remember. A force just waiting to be set free like... well, like a burp would, actually. Or that's what I thought back then since it was a sudden feeling in my core surging up to my head..." He smiled and chuckled a bit nervously. "A burp that left a scorch mark here and there, but that's another story..." He'd leave it at that if she felt no need to speak further, knowing full well there were more important matters to attend to whether they spoke or not.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:14 pm

Kimi would listen to Sugary hearing his description about his magic, though there was similarities to it, Kimi understood that there was still a clear and distinct difference between the two, even though she couldn't place her finger upon it. "The people in my world have unique abilities, some that no others can carry as it has been passed along in their bloodline. In my world we call it Kekkei Genkai. It's common knowledge amongst those in my world, so I can tell you that much."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Now Sugary seemed to perk up even more with the latest info he got from Kimi as they walked along. "Oh? Bloodline inheritance? I can understand racial traits to be sure if that's what you mean. To some, it's only possible to be a Magi through blood as no amount of infusions will ever do the trick, and some hold potential unique only to them..." He then briefly paused as he caught himself almost outright saying too much about his home, and not the locals. "Er... You know, with some dragons breathing enchanted fire, pegasi laying effortlessly on clouds and so on... Can you share any examples of unique traits?" He then looked upon her eyes and skin specifically, knowing part of the harsh story behind her and whether or not her body that was typical for some in appearance.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Kimi didn't look to him as he spoke, her eyes glanced ahead looking into the darkness, mostly seeing through her other senses and seeing heat signatures. Her ears would twitch. "Unique traits?" she stated pondering the thought of it. "Aside form what you've already seen me do, there isn't a unique trait."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 3:02 am

He lightly scrunched his muzzle, thinking there had been more to it. "Oh, I see... And yet you know a lot it seems... In any case, you pique my curiosity plenty, but I think I've talked your ear enough for that..." He composed himself a bit more instead, thinking of the near future instead. "I would ask you, of course, how you'd prefer to work with another when the going gets tough... I must admit, you're rather hard to read. So any hints on what you like to work with would be appreciated." He didn't even bother asking if she preferred going solo. Covert operations in his experience worked reliably well with at least teams of two, even if he was just the backup more often than not in case subtlety failed.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 6:26 pm

"When the going gets tough, there isn't a preference and it's a matter of just getting the job done anyway possible." she answered, her ears giving a light twitch. She didn't really put much thought into her answer and spoke it matter-of-factly as if such a thing has happened to her before. "Why do you ask? Do you follow a protocol for, as you put it, when the going gets tough?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 6:50 pm

"Oh, not protocol so much as finding a comfort zone. Protocol would be if we were from the same company. It's more to avoid making a wrong move at the wrong time between us... I'm fairly sure our scuffle on the train shows we sorta got different methods for dealing with problems. Call it respect if you will, but I'd like to know what sort of conditions you prefer to fight in. See if I can't set you up for something in a pinch... I'm more an open field face to face kinda guy myself, group or solo. Power I got plenty; Need support? Got it covered, high and low... Not much for spy work though, that's a different kind of mindset than I'm used to even if I was taught the basics. You follow me?" Despite his statements, he never objected to her own. Improvising for success was not lost on him.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Kimi would nod her head listening to his preference. She pondered about it. "I see." she stated in a tone that made it obvious that she was thinking. "As a shinobi, we are trained to adapt to any situations, while some of us may specify our skills into different fields, we are still trained to be able to adapt our own skills to whatever the situation maybe and if we are placed in a situation where we are completely at a disadvantage, we will do what it takes to turn that disadvantage into our favor, be it changing the setting or if worse comes to worse retreating if possible."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Sugary regarded Kimi once more, and smiled. "So it's safe to assume you're a Jack of all Trades? Good, that suits me just fine. Then again, I should expect a leader to excel in many areas..." He looked over the horizon, and then right at Kimi's legs as he began to jog in place. "You know, we're making an alright pace, but you're well enough to turn the walk into a jog, right? The more we cover in less time, the better." He didn't doubt her speed by any means, he simply thought it was time to make further progress.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 2:31 am

Kimi would eye him a moment as he made his jack-of-all trades comment, but she didn't agree, nor did she disagree. Then soon after that he began to pick up the pace. "I'm perfectly fine to go at whatever speed you desire." she began to pick up her pace and kept alongside him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 3:16 am

"Excellent! Full speed ahead!" He cheerily hurried along with her over the wide open and cold desert area that was the Badlands as far as the trails left behind could take them, or until something caught their eye along the way. For good measure, he even looked at the special paper once more to see if anything else was there that he missed...
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 6:35 pm

As the two speeds increase they trekked rather quickly across the dirt road that would eventually lead into the Badlands. Kimi easily kept at Sugary's speed, neither increasing, nor decreasing so that she would keep near him and slightly behind as she was indeed following him after all, so she herself didn't know exactly which way to go.

With the darkness ahead of them from the night and the only source of light coming from the big bright moon in the sky, it came to reveal on the special paper the same information as before. Eventually as they headed onward they would be able to notice the mouth of the pathway that lead into the badlands, mainly because it was an eternal black hole, at least that's how it looked, due to it behind a cut in the mountain and entering it cut out the light of the moon from hitting it.

It would be a long stretch of darkness. Though when entered inside of it, the paper itself would reveal new information, in fact it gave exact coordinates of where the Bazaar would be. Though this bit of information, only showed itself in that dark stretch entrance before entering the badlands. Once they would exit the entrance and find themselves in the desert of the badlands, the coordinates would have instantly disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:36 pm

Few were the times he felt so glad as to get a nagging hunch regarding a magical item being used, especially after getting a new reaction just entering into the main location of the desert they had to cross. He wasted no time in showing it to her while talking a bit over the likely direction they had to take by the time the spell had faded once more. With this new information, his spirit was renewed no that the evidence of their destination was further solidified as it aligned with some of the information he had gathered in town.

What dangers and wonders would await them as they kept trailing the desert? Keen eyes and sharp ears would find out sooner or later, but only if they managed to go far enough before the searing heat from dawn of a new day got to them first...
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 9:00 pm

Kimi had been shown the new bit of information, though it meant very little for her as she didn't know the map layout of this world and how the coordinates applied to them. It was quite different from her own world and the only thing it served for her to do is just remember what it was she read.

They now entered the badlands, with the sun still down and moon still high, there would be little to no light that would help guide their path except maybe gazing up at the starlight and barely seeing ahead of themselves a few feet thanks to the moonlight. On top of that the desert was rather cold at night. Blindly the two would head forth into the Badland's that would, during the day, be a scorching endless desert of sand.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 11:13 pm

For a time, the duo would continue to silently trek over the Badlands, following the likely path as best they could under the stars and light of the moon... If only even that much peace lasted for them. The Badlands were certainly host to hostile creatures as well. Some large and some small. And like other places in Equestria, it came with its fair share of mystic mystery as some low chanting began to be heard; It came from nowhere, and yet all around, as the sky became darkened with clouds forming in a sudden veil.

The ground began to rumble, and zigzagging waves of sand and dirt would approach from the distance, growing higher the closer it got to them. The chanting continued. "Kimi, do you know where that song keeps coming from!? Something's not right here..." His fur stood a bit straighter, getting all kinds of vibes right now that made him anxious. He also didn't waste any opportunity to light up his horn in preparation from the barely seen shadows of sandy waves coming at them, though his light could still not reveal what was under the ground, until the closest of the waves rose high, and a gurgles shriek from a 10 meter long leathery skinned pillar and meter wide gaping maw of jagged teeth lunged their way from as far as it was long, raising dirt along with it...
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 6:37 pm

The low chanting would come to her ear and they would twitch and turn in various directions trying to find the source of where it's coming from, though she wasn't able to find it as it was coming from all directions. Kimi had halted in movements when she felt the ground rumbling and she glanced about looking left and looking right, her senses seeing the vibrating outline of a lot of things around her, though with this amount of rumbling it gave her clearer details of the things around her. She shifted her senses to search for body heat. [color=red]"I don't see anything see far, the sounds coming from all around us." she would then look in the direction where the zig-zagging. She would growl. "We need some more light..."

Her hands would come together quickly and form through several hand seals in a blurr before she took a deep breath, "Fire release, phoenix fire blast!" and aimed her head up released her breath as she did so in puffs, fireballs began to fire high in the air like sky rockets. They would rise up rather high before exploding brightly into large balls of flame that would burn for a few moments before disappearing and the next ball exploding and burning for a few. Three in total would fire upwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It Takes All Kinds [private]
Page 22 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next