OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34
AuthorMessage
Chowatron

Chowatron

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Celestia was once again hurt by Fearful and the claims he was making of her. “I have gone long enough without abuse of power to be worthy, haven't I? I could be a tyrant if I wanted. There'd be those that would demand great tribute to do what I do. I’ve fought to help so many ponies I owe no debt to. I’ve turned against my father and my sister before, and you make it sound like I’m just another pony,and nothing I’ve done has proved anything! I don't want the power to use it. Power’s never been my friend, just another thing entrusted to my care.” Celestia was saying it aloud but mostly for her own benefit as alongside Mittere, the princess began to take from the power. As she felt it and it began to mix with her own, her tail swayed. She grew irritated by warmth, as bad as the heatwave. She gave pause for a moment, recognising some of the energy. The princess glared at Fearful for a moment, who was busy with her sister. Celestia had plenty of time to learn from some of the best while Fearful was gone. She knew that Fearful didn't give up for no reason. She looked to a guard. “Blade,” Celestia called. The guard was willing to fight on her behalf a moment ago, so she hoped she would be willing do something else for her. “Could you please check for me if there is no trap if I go further? Just take a little of the energy for yourself. I wish to assess if it is worth it.”

“My sister is not corruptible,” Luna said softly from under Fearful's wing. “You know that. She'd never…” The princess pressed into Fearful more. She'd lost of lot of regal demeanor after the fighting between the group. She'd been a lot more shy of conflict between those she cared about after how poorly it always ended for her. “How can be so calm Fearful?” Her heart beat faster than hers by virtue of doing it at all, but also after everything that had happened pulling at it. “Are you ignoring me?” Fearful hadn't answered any of her previous questions, but had still kissed her. Was Fearful in a world of her own? There were worse places to be stuck than under a mares wing, so she didn't mind.

Mittere stopped as Celestia said her name, holding to her fiat competition. She hadn't felt any of the symptoms. She was beginning to have the same doubts as Celestia about things, though she showed it far less. That was without paying any attention to Fearful, since that was a pony who held no authority on anything relating to responsibility of anything. Was it really personal growth to just take something that was there like that? The day had really put into question what she wanted. “To refute your argument, Mr Market, I could quite easily snap the neck of Celestia despite any power she held. The force which which a creature can kill does not correlate with the force needed to kill it. A canon made from glass may be able to inflict great damage, but a stone could shatter it. A canon made of iron’s only weakness is the ponies who use it.” Celestia didn't seem too comfortable at being mentioned in such a context, but at least she said she wasn't going to. “If you wish to check for any traps on my behalf, Mr Market, please do so. Take some, the same as Celestia’s scout. If it seems wrong then, we can leave it be.”
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 1:00 pm

Fearful watched the alabaster mare fore a moment before dispelling the minor enchantment she had placed on the power. She paused and shook her head. "Celestia. You could never be a tyrant. We both know it. You are far too kind, far too caring," she gestured and teleported Celestia to her side, her other wing wrapping around the alicorn and hugging her tight. "You said it yourself. You don't need this power, you admitted to it. All that power... it would be a burden, one that you could handle, but one that I do not want to see you struggle with. If you want the power that desperately, then take it. If not, let it be destroyed, and know the world is better for it."

She nuzzled Luna gently and smiled. "I am calm because I know you and your sister. I am calm because you and I both know she is incorruptible. And how could I ever ignore such a face? It hurts me that you think I would, for even a second," she whispered, nuzzling her again.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Blade was fading in out of his daze. He could register that Fearful had given up, but his attention died afterwards, missing the order given by Celestia. He missed Mittere's grandson siding with him and was missing out of the warnings of the others. His daze faded a bit as the Princess called for him and after considering her order for a second, he nodded and approached. He had no idea what he was getting into or what the energy in the pit would do to him, but it was better for him to feel any side effects rather than Celestia. He glanced down at Navi briefly, unsure of how it would even give him the energy or what he was supposed to do now.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 5:25 pm

Had an opportunity to take power and become a tyrant shown itself? Were the mares lacking a backbone at the last moment? Or was it just time for Sugary to prove himself in yet another trial? Whatever the truth was, Sugary moved closer soon after Summer called to him, giving her a tired smirk while his horn lit up softly. "Of all the things to ask of me, you actually want me to see if my own fears are correct or not? Very well..." He seemed a bit satisfied actually, but when he turned to look at the gathered energy, his voice had a more serious tone to it. "... I hope you know this means that you'll probably have to attack me, if I was right about it being some kind of trap... Do not hesitate to knock me out if you must..." What mattered to him was that the mares were actually hesitating, which was good enough for him as the energy should've just been released sooner and not take any further risks.

He prepared himself, of course, making a delayed back-up spell in advance as Blade also prepared himself. However, unlike Blade, he didn't need Navi's help to take energy as he held out his hoof when ready, and regardless of whether or not Blade acted, he'd eventually speak a word softly to aid in concentration. "... Osmose..." From his body and hoof came out what looked to be a stream of bubbles of negative energy towards the target, that once they made contact, would attempt to siphon it within the empty pockets and draw it out slowly to be delivered back so as to be absorbed and assimilated by him as his own... so long as the spell was able to process it without interference...
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 10:32 am

“I'm not a little girl anymore.” Celestia was surprised at having been moved, and made a soft noise as a wing wrapped around her. One of the reasons she wanted to take it was to show Fearful. She still had next week to do that though, and a little extra power to help. “Maybe that's true. I hope it is and that I could never…” She couldn't fathom anything that could push her so far, and she made herself frown trying to think of things. “Why does seeing me struggle pain you if you know I could handle….?” She exhaled deeply as she relaxed a little, leaning into Fearful tiredly. The mare wouldn’t let go soon, so she got comfortable now there was no longer any tension. “Blade…” Celestia began. “Forget I said anything. We’re destroying this then leaving the moment Mittere makes her decision. I forgive me,” she said back to Fearful. “I hope the world can if there’s something I’m not ready for. I think Blade might have been right that more ponies are willing to step forward now, what do you think, Fearful?”

Mittere was incredibly pleased at the news. Celestia dropping out? That was such incredible fortune for her. This power could put Sugary on the fast track to some immortality. She wasn't going to be talked out of such a plan by Fearful's scare tactics. If Celestia could handle it, she could, and it would be no struggle for her to hold it. A sweet replacement for the thing she took from her.

“You weren’t replying,” Luna said. She was a little calmer but she was frowning. “You were so focused on my sister, that I thought…”  She still wasn't calm, but the three of them being so close was helping that. The two ponies she didn't care for were of no concern to her and she wouldn't kiss them. She focused on the positive side, like the mare nuzzling her. “Sister...I'm glad you didn't choose to fight. And you forgive me for refusing to choose a side. I stood there uselessly for too long.”

Mittere watched with interest, counting the seconds to herself as the energy passed across. She knew Sugary would do what she asked, though she didn't understand why he would. She'd be far more reluctant to do something similar for him. She’d be willing to do far worse than what Sugary asked if something went wrong. It would have been a shame if she did, but it wasn’t as though the world lacked in stallions. “If it is safe,” she announced. “I am going to take it, and then you will not be seeing any more of me. Our journey together ends here. I cannot say it was enjoyable.”  

Sugary wouldn’t feel anything wrong with the power immediately. It flowed into him fine, though like a mixture in water there was a clear gradient between his own and the foreign entity’s. It didn't fight back or feel any less potent than his own, maybe a little more so. The rate it poured it was like a torrent. Once started it was very hard to control. The air around between the stallion sparked with electricity once, before humming with strength.

“Mittere…” Celestia didn't like calling her that, especially not at a moment like this. “Won't you at least stay for the evening?”

Mittere stepped forward and ignored the princess. She had picked a bad time. “Sugary, that is enough…” She didn’t like what she was feeling, and what she had felt before. The magic was thicker and felt oddly heavy. She was expecting something better from the tortured synthesis of destroyed worlds than this. “How does it feel? I do not think it is too good…”
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Sugary was not too keen on accepting the energy any more either, especially when it was picking up a pace he was not in command off and felt very unpleasant to him, and so he looked to Summer rather sternly. "I sure as heck don't like it, so...!" And a moment later, he put his back-up spell into use, and with it a similar bubble effect would occur from his horn down to his body, but this time it was different in that the numerous negative energy bubbles burst as he expelled them in great numbers with the intent of expending all of his magic, and that which he had gathered, to try and cleanse himself. He was forced to kneel, having deliberately pushed out all his Mana by force to interrupt the flow as well; He looked very tired towards Summer. "Ugh..... Madam... It felt like pain, and destruction, and corruption... It's just sickening to let it in you, no different than letting in a parasite... There is nothing worthwhile to gain from this; Not unless you're willing to let it harm you from the inside..." His breathing was weak, hoping he had gotten rid of it all, and hoping she came to realize it was foolish to try and take something that might try and take her in return.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 10:35 am

Fearful was quiet for a moment before nuzzling her. "Even if the rest of the world turns against you, your siblings won't," she whispered. "Yes, the world is getting stronger. I think that the next great threat best watch itself... it might find itself facing an army which it cannot compare."

"You thought I had forgotten you. As if I could forget the mare who saved me, the mare who might still marry me," she whispered, glancing at her lovingly.

"Ah, so you can sense the evil in it? I bet it tastes horrible, doesn't it?" She asked teasingly. "Let it go Mittere. Listen to your stallion."
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 11:50 am

Celestia seemed to approve of what Fearful said, even though somewhat hesitantly. “I would rather they did not have to be any army...Becoming less brittle without giving up any of what we are is the mission. We could change things with a few words, but we would lose so much. Not compromising will make us better in the end.” She didn't want to mention any recent tough spots. “I would content myself with a few more braves. I know of at least one who I will be seeing more of.” She looked hopefully to Fearful, even though she would be unable to see it. Having to rely on Fearful really did feel like training wheels, but it wasn’t her country to take chances with.

“It was foolish…When you pull that face I understand. I just wished not to be so close if you and my sister were to fight.”Luna said. She would have hoped Fearful would have let go for that.  “Might is a very good word. Maybe,” she answered to the prospect of their marriage. “One day soon. Not forgetting me is a welcome step on the path.” She smiled, not thinking of moving from the spot that she was in. “You do not seem to have changed at all, but I have.”

Sugary was very eager to exhaust himself to expel the energy, but she knew that the stallion had no tolerance for such things. ‘evil’, ‘corrupt’, they were words she did not like. Mittere lowered herself and nosed upward at Sugary's side before lifting him to help him back up. This didn't stop her from correcting him though. “Once again, you are are too scared to take something that would be to your benefit. It is safe, and that is what matters. You cannot prescribe a moral judgement to an energy source. Is coal or oil evil?” She then asked Sugary more quietly if he was alright, before kissing his forehead protectively.

Not everything could be put on hold for Sugary though. Mittere looked a both of the the princesses. They were behaving like Fearful’s...female domesticated animals. She then glared at Fearful, before letting out an aggravated growl. She knew exactly where the blame for everypony losing their nerve was. Getting the two mares to bend to his will like that, it pissed her off that there were those that existed that could do that. She wanted to free them from such a pony, but there would have been no thanks for her efforts. She held her sights on Fearful as she spoke, not needing all of his years to be able to tell she was still not pleased. ”You are trying to make it sound like you are protecting me. Like you would ever care about me! I would not repeat any mistake you may have made with power, because I am not you. But if it is so important to you to coddle out of past guilt....Fine. But I want to help you get rid of it.”
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 11:52 pm

Sugary appreciated the help in getting back up, but his expression to Summer wasn't exactly a happy one as she told him he was afraid. "Last I checked... oil and coal don't try to force themselves into your very being... Evil or not, there is something still in there... I could not make that any more clear... And I'm glad you're choosing to get rid of it... Because even if you don't believe in Fearful... I had hope you'd at least believe me... I've yet to see what was meant to be so good about it..." He would be fine, but didn't look too well at the moment. If others couldn't tell he was being genuine about his experience just now, he'd have to severely question their judgement.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 4:00 pm

Blade glanced over at Celestia, a bit surprised by the fact she suddenly didn't even want to attempt anymore. He watched as Sugary basically regret the power that he had taken in. He then heard some words exchanged, mostly fading in and out of the conversation as his eyes got heavy. He wasn't doing much and honestly, the talking was basically the norm of the group and doubted he would miss much outside of the agreeance in destroying the power and leaving. Most seemed to stray from it. "So, how are we going to destroy this? I honestly don't remember a law stating that you can simply destroy energy, more of the opposite really, or is my memory hazy on this?"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 2:20 am

"Well, I will have to spend a lot more time in Equestria. It seems I will have a wedding to attend, and you can always use a helping hoof," she said, before glancing at Luna with a smirk. "Indeed you have. You've grown up, grown wiser. It is good to... see."

Fearful hearf the growl and rolled her eyes, before snorting. "You wish to help me destroy it? Give me your blood, then everyone leave the room. True Blade, one normally cannot destroy energy, just transform it. To break that law, I need to be in my... true form. And to do that, I need energy, for I am on my last legs."
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 7:23 pm

“Wiser would not be the first word that leaps to my mind, and I would have thought that would not be the first thing to happen on your mind also.” Luna ducked out from under Fearful's wing, giving a sniffle as the feathers tickled her nose. “Don’t do anything stupid. The wise mare is going to have to leave you alone for this. You came back the last time I let you out of my sight, just do not return with any strange mares next time.”

Celestia followed what her sister did to escape from Fearful's grasp. Once she was away, she placed a wing around her sister and hugged her the same way. Luna looked up as her sister spoke. “We did it,” she said softly before the end of her nose against her sister’s and giggling. Luna tried to pull her head away, but caught in the wing there was only so far to go, and she was forced to accept it. Celestia then looked up to Fearful. “How do you intend to get back, Fearful? Should I return for you?”

“I do not wish to believe you, but I cannot deny evidence. I still wish to take it, I am only yielding so others can put their minds to rest.” Mittere wanted everypony to know that, and she wanted everypony to believe she believed it. “You have been on and off of your best legs several times now, Fearful. Perhaps in future you should pack a snack instead of farming ponies. Do tell me if I taste of arrogance or whatever claim you made.” Mittere lightly urged Sugary to move further back, closer to Celestia to make her job of evacuation easier, murring softly into his ear to let him know he was not alone as she helped him along. This also brought her close to Fearful. She gave Sugary a quick kiss and left him with the preoccupied princesses.  

She waited until Fearful leaned in to take her bite. She didn't want to catch whatever he had, but being so close allowed her to quietly ask a question of the mare/stallion/thing. She had a little bit to say, so would gently hold the mare close.  “I have to find further reasons to exist, and growth seems to be the only one that makes sense. There has been this creeping sense of ‘what now?’ following me since we arrived here. It makes me feel selfish and spoiled. It is wonderful to know that I am better and more content than I could have dreamed when I set out on my own, and yet, There are very few small things I get pleasure from anymore. My life is just a flat line as high as it can get. Anything that isn’t mentally stimulating, challenging or contributing to my success is wasted time. “Can you sympathize, or a you just a fool who is just thankful to live on beyond his purpose...and marry your replacement?” Mittere could not see herself doing the last part for some reason. “What can I do when the thing I wish for is already taken?”  

“Don't be so basic about your physics,” Navi snapped at Blade. “Your science is wrong more often than it is right.” The adorable little creature made no attempt to run despite Fearful's warning. She couldn't get anywhere in a hurry. “You don't know anything about the nature of the universe. You can't even master your own world.” She was obviously annoyed that a group with no cohesion and made up of lesser species had succeed so easily. When she and her brother had tried...
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 9:38 pm

Blade had to admit, he was pleased by the fact that they had a method in dealing with the power and that Mittere was willing to side with them. Then, Navi heard Navi insult Equestrian science. He looked down at the odd creature, a bit surprised it was even angry and that it possibly knew the things it boasted about. "Then, teach us. It will beat wasting your time just complaining. You could help us further defeat things like this world devourer. I think it would benefit you along with ourselves since we are all on this planet now." He said before turning to head out and letting Fearful pull another rabbit out of his or well her hat. As to what Navi had to say about the things he said, he didn't care. Right now, all he wanted was for things to end.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 4:04 pm

Sugary was now growing concerned as to what the method to dispose of the energy would be despite the previous ideas. But he knew he was in no condition to oppose further and offer a better alternative. He stood near the royal siblings, taking his time for a breather as he would watch Summer once again submit herself to giving strength to another. He at least admired that, despite her claims to want to be on top, she wasn't fast to cast others aside for a goal. He hoped to learn what she was really like in the long run...
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 8:35 am

"Mmmm... I will try, in the time it takes me to destroy the energy, and walk back to Canterlot, not to bring not anymore strange mares home with me oh wise fiancé of mine," Fearful teased, giggling a little despite her otherwise serious expression. "As I said, Celestia, I think I shall walk home. I enjoy the scenery."

Fearful smiled and leaned in, biting into her supple flesh with her fangs, drinking from the open wound before sighing, licking the wound she had created shut. "Well now... that is an interesting question. You could find a new goal, or you could attempt to reach enlightenment. Or... you ciuld simplu live day by day. It may seem boring, but you release your hold on desire for a greater goal... it is rather peaceful. I can sympathise with you, as I reached a similar point in my life. I gave up most of my power, and started again... it was refreshing."

With her power surging again, Fearful smiled and stretched her shoulders, rolling them. "Now... everyone except Navi will have to leave. My true form has a... detrimental effect on ponies' sanity. And Navi, please stop antagonising our allies."
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 9:35 pm

“Good,” Luna needed, still in the grasp of her sister. She did her best to ignore Sugary close by. “Because that was exactly what happened the last time you were free of my sight.” She did want Fearful to know there was not just a random statement, but even if it was good little Fearful could probably be trusted.  

Mittere didn't really hate needles, just nasty stuff they were often filled with and since Fearful was only making a withdrawal, she stayed still and let the pony drink. Until she was licked by Fearful, which was unexpected and yet inevitable. “Chase more unhappiness, cut myself off from reality or give up on everything and waste time doing the easy parts once again? I do not think fulfilment is within any of the options you present. I think you and I have both evaded the fact you were not born into any kind of power, we are of different needs and desires. Too much so it seems... You did find your way though, so I can find mine at some point.” Mittere shook her head at all of the options Fearful had offered. They couldn’t encompass everything. She moved closer to Sugary. She felt closer to her mother for some reason, she could imagine her frustrations, having far less to overcome than her too. She nuzzled the tired stallion.  How could Fearful ever hope to nurse the strongest child possible when they picked up an attitude like that? “Mr Market, we are not going home when this is over, I am sorry to say.”

At the same time as the real one, Sugary’s phantom mare.also supported him with a nuzzle. “I will not be coming back to your city with you..I doubt I could or that I would be wanted. We have had a mutually beneficial relationship Sugary. I still wish I had no limitations on how I could help…Goodbye.”  

“I don't think ‘pets’ can contribute greatly to science.” Navi was annoyed. They weren't her allies. She didn't hate them, she just wanted nothing to do with them. Was that so wrong? “Yay,” she said with no enthusiasm. “I get to have all the fun with my new best friend.”

“I wouldn't think you would get the time to enjoy it all, but I hope you do.” On reflection, Celestia didn't like her choice of words when talking to Fearful. He knew nothing and too much all the same. “We will return to the surface first and then back to the room we left.” The princess though everypony should know the plan, that way there would be no cause for alarm when they didn’t appear back right away. Celestia had been so useless over the journey mostly because she was saving for the transport home. At least she was not transporting as many ponies as before.

“Fearful,” she said as a goodbye, before looking at the other that was staying behind. “Navi,” she was polite enough to say. Plenty of those that wished bad things for her were alright in the end.
She let Luna out from under her wing, who was quick to take the freedom. Celestia then lit her horn, feeling her magic mark all those she wished to take back with her. To ease the burden, they would all be teleported separately, but within a span of a second, the princess being the last to appear at the wooded area from before their descent. Their interference below had disturbed the environment, and long strands of steam rose from the roots of the forest’s trees. It was certainly preferable to the sun. Nopony however had the chance to stray too far before Celestia began moving ponies on.

The throne room was as they left it. A guard’s weapon was resting on the floor, another section near the entrance slightly blackened. Celestia moved to the steps in front of her throne and found them a comfortable place to rest. “It should be evening by now,” she gave a rare tired sigh, knowing she still had something more to do.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Fearful gave a deep bow and smiled. "I promise, I swear it," she said with a smirk before glancing at Mittere. "Ah, of course... how silly of me to forget that those born into power have little to strive for, whilst those born with dirt in their veins have so much to look forward to," she teased.

"I'm glad you feel that way Navi. I would hate for us to anything less than friends," she said as she glanced around the otherwise empty room. "This should be big enough I suppose," she pondered it for a moment, before nodding. "Right..."

The vampiric mare grunted, and waves of nauseating energy began to roll from her body, pulsing in time with a heartbeat that Fearful did not have. Darkness began to creep in, dragging itself across the floor towards the mare whose chest heaved as her muscles began to bulge and expand. Her frame was quickly enshrouded in the gathering shadows, the waves of energy changing to become something far more sinister.

The shadows grew, expanding outwards as whatever Fearful had become grew, the flash of an enormous violet eyeball visible for a split second before it was swallowed up. Navi would begin to feel irrationally afraid, the waves continuing to pulse and grow in strength as the beast continued to grow.

Eventually the growth stopped, and the shadows dissapated, though they were still enough to obscure whatever Fearful had become from to a significant degree. The glimpses Navi would be able to catch reveled something with what could only be a million eyes, each one a different shade of violet or red, a gaping maw that extended from the top of the monster's head to the floor, and gargantuan wings that were made of obsidian feathers, each one sharp enough to slice through flesh bone and anything else. Now then... shall we begin? Fearful's cocky voice echoed inside the tiny creature's skull as the monstrosity in darkness reached out with an indescribable appendage, grabbing the energy with no more difficulty than a pony would breathing, and began to destroy it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:52 am

Sugary wasn't sure what Summer meant at all as she nuzzled him, leaving him with a very surprised frown as he assumed the worst; But before he could ask about it, he'd hear the all important farewell from his otherwordly companion. He knew he didn't have much time left, and tried to make it count as he looked towards the phantom. "Phantom...! I still don't know why you did what you did, but... Thank you! And farewell... ... ..." By then, he'd be dragged out to safety, back to the castle as he last remembered it.

He blinked a few times, taking in a deep breath of fresh air before looking around to take others into account. He then openly asked what Fearful was up to last, before looking right at Summer, same surprised frown as he hoped for a clear answer. "... Madam... I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking of me. You're not asking us to break up so soon, are you...?"
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 9:31 am

Mittere frowned as Sugary mentioned the possibility of them going their separate ways. He could have seemed a lot sadder about it in her opinion. “Nothing like that,” she said, shaking her head. “I mean that I will be coming with you instead of the inverse. I believe you have expressed some desire to return to a home, but you have yet to earn such a retirement. It would be a crime to limit all that we can do to just one place.”

Luna saw that her sister was forgetting something by leaving it bare, so she moved to adorn the throne with herself. The seating well welcomed as looked over the happenings of the room. She couldn’t do anything until Celestia began, so it was time to relax. She’d be needing more energy later.

Celestia stood, her head titled to look upwards out of one of the windows. She looked back to the group again, obviously torn between getting it over with and procrastinating that little bit more. “I think we did the right thing in letting it go Mittere. I once knew a pony, who shall remain nameless, because you may have heard of them They told me the first time they failed an attempt to give up on power was the most terrifying day of their life. They had always thought they could stop, they just never reached the point if actually undoing the addiction. They thought in their head there was still a choice, and they knew the risks. But when they found out they had to go deeper, there was no choice but to find more power…”

Mittere didn’t find much amusement in the tale. Why was she being compared to any of the many losers that flocked to Celestia’s side because being free was too scary a thought. “May I take a turn to give a backhoof compliment to you also based in history and anecdote?”

“You make this so difficult for me…” Celestia’s voice cracked slightly as she said that. This truly got Mittere’s attention. “I just wanted to say that I’m glad you’re not one so susceptible to that, when-”

“When you are not perfect, like yourself?”  

Celestia sighed and resigned for the moment. She’d try again in a moment, when she had a little more to muster to the cause.  

Navi was annoyed at how her message wasn't received as intended. The pony seemed to operate under the impression it was impossible to dislike her, which eroded at her will to feel any other way. “Why am I still here?” she asked as Fearful began to transform. She didn’t want to be there for a very good reason, but the reason was displaced as she looked at the mare, or tried to through everything. She had killed Fearful dozens of times, or at least those similar to him, but she'd never seen something like that. She would guess that she was lucky in that respect. Navi was quieter, not giving her usual noises to indicate she was still there.

The energy didn't want to be destroyed, and far more so than regular energy’s desire to remain in some form. In some kind of attempt to harm Fearful or perhaps escape, the energy all exploded into a brilliant and intense light. Navi turned her head slightly to look away, but didn’t manage to before the light become such an interesting spectacle to watch. It was made of patterns and built to  false climax after false climax, like an expensive fireworks show, and each one was better than the last. The arrangement of the lights was so vast and complicated, and in such intensity that not even Fearful wouldn’t be able to see and comprehend more than 10 percent of it; the vampire could spend a year watching it over and over again and keep seeing new things. It would continue until a few minutes passed, or Fearful put a stop to it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Sugar blinked, and soon lit up rather gingerly as he shook his head rapidly. "Wait, you don't wanna go back your place!?" He was happy they weren't breaking up, but didn't quite understand what she was getting at with her desire.

He gave Summer and Celestia some space for a chat, figuring there were still old tensions between them, even if they were significantly more subdued. Once they said their peace for now, he spoke again to Summer in a hushed tone. "Madam, I'm glad you wanna come with me, but aren't you needed back at your settlement? You'd really want to keep journeying with me just like that?" There was a light smile on the edge of his lips, clearly looking forward to such an arrangement between them. He could learn much from her, but he never thought she'd take a fancy to his flying home over where her real family was.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 9:56 am

I can feel your surprise... You are here to witness this. To see what I am capable of. She spoke, and yet she did not. I do not use this power lightly... though I wish Mittere was here, it might actually shut her up... she watched the power, time passing though he did not notice it. Eventually he reached up and stroked the energy for a moment. Such a shame... goodbye dear foe. she whispered, before Navi would see a jaw with far too many teeth reach out and snap around the energy in its entirety. One moment the energy was there, the next it ceased to exist.

With a rumble, Featful shook, befoee there was a puff of smoke and Fearful stepped out, now back to his normal size and apparently, his original gender. "Would you like to walk back or shall I carry you?" He asked quietly. If she wished to walk, he gestured and she grew to pony size, otherwise he picked her up and put her on his shoulder. "If you're wondering, I have no need to be a female anymore. I don't plan on fighting for some time."

~Several weeks later~

Fearful yawned and glanced at his traveling companion. "Twas a pleasant walk, wouldn't you agree?" He asked, before letting out a piercing whistle that echoed through the city. "That should have got her attention."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:20 am

Blade sighed and looked over to Celestia and the others. He couldn't help, but smile to himself. He tapped Celestia's hoof. "She will warm up eventually, but maybe after I'm six feet under." He said before giving her a tired smile. "Maybe sooner if Sugary plays his cards right." The guard shifted his eyes downward for a slight moment. "Do I have permission to collapse?" If his request was accepted, his legs give out and fell onto his side, fast asleep. If not, then he fell asleep while staying in his hooves. In the end, her would be snoring softly as he slept.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 10:32 am

It was an easy question for Mittere to answer. Sugary would not need to worry. “It is not the way that foals can suckle forever. It would not be the first time I have left. I can do whatever I want. I just need to be ready for the consequences. I wish to go with you.” Mittere repeated her sentiment with a tone that indicates that was indeed that, and she would take no arguing around the subject. He would of course worry about what was being left behind, but that was in his nature and was very much fixable. He wanted this and she would make sure he forgot any reason why she might not have, with a little time and a little privacy.  

“Maybe. I think many years worth of feelings will take time to clear.” Celestia had now figured out what she wanted to say. Blade had been some help in that, which meant… “You do, and you may take as many days leave as…” She did not need to finish, the stallion hadn't been asking to rest, he was politely telling her what is going to happen. She giggled slightly at the guard’s behaviour before looking at Mittere.  

“It couldn’t have been easy to pass up such things for you, then you’d refuse any payment? There certainly has been change in you. You have whittled your flaws down over the years until only your greatest ones remain. In the right environment you could get past those also. I could offer you a place as-”

“You are adept at diluting that honor through surplus. You could not do anything without assistance. Why, knowing that would I content myself with serving you as a nominal ‘equal’? However...If you were to offer your support to help me towards my own endeavours, I could put feelings aside and join you. I already know that is something you are not willing to do. We have no business in knowing one another” She was clearly prepared for the question and took pleasure in shooting it down. “The reward I got was in observing your inability. If you insist on crowning a princess, give the title to Sugary. He would welcome it.”

Maybe if Celestia showed her what she had given up it would calm her down? She didn’t know. Strong winds extinguished small flames and spread larger ones. Luna rose from her resting position on the throne and nudged her sister’s side softly.

“I know,” Celestia replied softly. The sky was unusually clear, clouds found it very hard to form under the harsh conditions they had so recently all suffered. The dark orange ball in the sky that Celestia's was getting further away, disappearing a bit at a time. She made no show of it, because she didn’t have the right to feel proud when the victory belonged to the group. Once the sun was lowered, the group was left under Luna’s supervision, who raised the moon with a lot more energy than her sister had put into her task. She didn’t have much to say, but told them her sister was likely doing something for their benefit.

Once Celestia returned, she gently awoke Blade, and whoever else had begun to sleep by then. She led them all to a room far smaller than what might have been expected. Instead of a large hall, it seemed to a function room of a smaller size. That of course meant the group would be closer to an emotional pair of princesses. The table was beautifully laid out, a candle burning away in a holder that sported the landscape of a stream at its base. One might have expected something more sun and moon related, but one could imagine without much why they were not out on a day like today.There had been enough sun as of late.

Luna tried to make some conversation with Sugary over the dinner, but it worked out as well as their previous conversations due to the stallion’s unwillingness to admit he might have been in the wrong.

Mittere was quiet, and answered any of Celestia’s questions with resentment and seemed unwilling to reminisce with the princess. She stuck said she prefered to talk about the future, which made things slightly smoother.

Diurnae and Celestia pretty much served as a the bonding agent that kept the group at the table, enough so to make a pleasant, if even more tiring dinner. Once it was over, Mittere was certainly glad to depart, but was stopped by Luna of all ponies, making a request of her...

Navi chose to be carried, if a little spitefully. She wished that Mittere wasn't there,  she was mean and would have killed her if not for Fearful. She still had to work out if being saved was a blessing or a curse. Navi certainly did learn, and she didn’t really have much choice once the pony decided they wanted to talk about things. The worse part was how much little else there was she could do, so she was forced into responding to the pony. Once they arrived at Canterlot, the creature thought its ordeal was over, when it had only just begun.  

“It was great…” Navi said with all the energy she had left after so long with that one cursed pony. The small creature curled up at the piercing nature of the whistle. “That wasn't though…”

Fearful’s whistle might not have been necessary as something moved very quickly towards his side. “Hello, Fearful,” Luna said, colliding with the shoulder Navi was on and brushing the thing away, causing the to retreat down Fearful’s back and curl up once again. “I appear to have lost my teddy bear. Can I sleep with you instead?”  She asked this, but didn't wait for an answer before nuzzling the stallion. “You took your time, but we were not ready to worry. I see you managed to stay true to my order. That is good.”

Mittere and Sugary had been convinced to return, the stallion being the more eager of the two. The two had been it wait away from Luna to ensure the quiet needed for some surprise. The princess had not forgiven the surprise shower she had received. “Celestia awaits with Blade, I do not believe that he has been told about what is going to happen.

Mittere had taken Sugary’s ship for her own soul search purposes in a way. She had only been a user of things, her contributions to the fields were in teaching others. Nothing about her had really changed about her, just the cause of her bitterness, the inability to deform the nature of the universe that Fearful had claimed. That aligned with her definition of power quite well.. Celestia manipulated the universe every day, meaning it was possible. You could cause winds to blow and cease, time to pressurise and release as desirable. She was convinced the difference between winners and losers was genetic. Fearful was a loser with all of the constant ills to befall him. It was for that reason it could settle for being happy. She could be so much more than that though.

Celestia summoned for Blade, arranging a meeting between the two of them. Blade would never make it to the throne room however as the princess came to him as he was on his way, “Turn around please, Blade, we have an errand to do together.” It was an order, but she remembered his name and seemed oddly excited. She took the stallion to the familiar dining room and ordered that he sit in the same spot that he had last time. She said it like it was a game and she was having fun, before departing to gather other things needed.

Celestia met with the group outside and took them to the room that would be familiar to all of the first event’s guests. Celestia mentioned wanting to get a banner to welcome him back, but they were uncertain of the exact date of his return. Mittere made a comment on how he took his time, obviously spending it becoming best friends with Navi.

The second party was a little less tense, though despite it being held for the benefit of Fearful (and to an extent Navi) he was not present for all that long. Luna seemed intent on leading him away from the table while they waited between courses. After their first return everything seemed fine and innocent, as though they had just wanted some time to themselves. This notion dismissed itself rather swiftly after they returned with a giggle the second time.Luna found it harder to sit still and squirmed.  

Mittere and Celestia sometimes frowned after one of them spoke, but with Mittere having given up on the sun for a while,their relationship was better, even if they could never be friends. She would have to be in a situation for worse than encased under a skin of stone or being a simple captive to get her help. She was very clear that until she was a princess then Equestria was not her concern. The two also had a conversation about if they were a sunrise person or a sunset person. Celestia thought there was no difference between the two, but Mittere insisted there had to be a link between the one observed the most and other aspects of a pony. Unsurprisingly, they ended up stating their affinity for the opposite. Mittere rested her case on that fact.

Mittere also complimented Blade’s new armour, even if it was no different to the first. She said she would have come in something more formal, but didn’t want Sugary to feel underdressed...not like she minded him that way.

Navi got to sit at the table also like a big girl, but she did not say too much either. She did not bring the mood down however, and answered some questions sent her or the table’s way. She was a little happy for the group, them being alive was better than them not. She guessed as much at least.

The sun and moon got lowered and raised with a much greater amount of ceremony, leaving some ponies eager to watch, and some ponies bored. Luna stated the purpose of the night was celebration, unlike last times recuperation. It was a failure to think they could all rest together, but they could all quite easily tire themselves together for a cause.  

With the anniversary dinner over with, the group had no more obligation to stay together. For some of the members this was rather liberating. Mittere awkwardly pawed at the ground as she waited for Sugary to say his goodbyes and begrudgingly said some herself, telling Blade to keep working out, and Fearful not to die until she killed him, which she had no plans to do. She thanked Luna for the invitation before pausing on Celestia, who just smiled and nodded, giving permission for her to leave without saying anything.  

When the dinner came to a true, true end, no glasses and food, just three ponies, Luna went to take Fearful away to finish whatever it was they had been doing that she didn’t need to know the details of. Celestia wasn't going to let Fearful get away however, placing a hoof down and insisting on their duel. She was no longer angry or frustrated at him, but she wanted to show him he wasn’t a girl any more, ironically with all the eagerness of one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]
Page 34 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34