OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Chowatron

Chowatron

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 9:27 pm

As Sugary ran, he would see a dark spot to the left. Luna was close enough to be able to land near accurate attacks. One of the good parts about running through Canterlot was that ponies had a tendency to be more skittish in reaction to an uproar. This also applied to their pursuer though, making it hard to use the ponies as a way to get away. A move Sugary would likely be against anyway. On the straights and main streets both tried to pick up speed. It was becoming obvious to Mittere that evasion was not a reality. After everything else that had happened she couldn't do it. Her legs were getting heavy, burning with a desire to stop. “Sugary…” was all Mittere had to say. Depending on what cover he could grant, she was now willing to turn and fight. If he looked her in the eye he might have picked up on the desire to have a decisive battle.
"I prefer to think of her insolence as unintentional. Politeness is something I doubt she needs to use with strangers often,” Celestia said, making reference to Mittere’s favoured method of resolving things. Obviously not a few kind words. “All that confrontation does not promote the development of manners.” She would try to speak to her about such things, but that was a noble, though misplaced, effort.

“I do not think they are traps that can be disarmed in such a sense. At no point so far have we encountered any notable signs that a trap was going to go off. Were it a case of looking for thin wires or hidden switches I would be happy to advocate that course of action,” Luna said.

“I think we should have moved ahead with Mittere, but left a kind of bread trail, so nopony feels left behind,” Diurane said. “Who wants to be the first crumb? You’d be braver than me to sit around in this freezer.” It was not long at all before two of the guards volunteered, feeling out of their useful depth anyway.

“It’s nothing spectacular, but we can have a deal.” it wasn’t going to be too useful to her, though she could never turn a potentially useful item down, and who know what that could be reworked into. "And yes, it does, you are well informed. I do wonder why you would want to go back, knowing that. Your choice though.” The dragoness turned, being mindful of her tail as she did so, raising it to avoid hitting Blade or the stallion with it. She dropped to four legs in order to seem less intimidating. "Your transport awaits, please do follow." Lowering herself to the ground had another purpose. It made it easier for her to progress further and deeper into the cave. Though it was dark, in the back of the cave it easily held up to the tradition of a dragon's lair, hosting a reasonable amount of gemstones and treasures. The prize of this collection was most notably out of place. It was an ice platform and pedestal that was in fitting with where he had come from. "I prefer statues of dragons a little grander looking than that one," she commented about the shape of the pedestal.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 6:24 am

Fearful chuckled at Celestia's words. "Insolence is often fuelled by unknowing. As for politeness... I have never been one for pleasantries. I am curious to her upbringing though. You two seem to know her, but I have no idea how anyone becomes a Alicorn... or how one is raised to become one."

He continued to press the ice gently against Celestia's face before securing there with a little extra ice. He trotted over to the Moon Princess, chuckling. "What, did you think I was going to look normally?" He asked. "I think I'm sane enough to use True Sight for a while." He spun around and shrugged. "Or we can use Diurnae's idea. Either would be fine, though I would probably be the first crumb. I should probably still recover..."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:27 am

Luna's pursuit was starting to put more pressure on them, and he could also tell Mittere was wearing down further as they ran as she called to him. He saw her, and he understood well enough; The look of dwindling options on the battlefield was not foreign to him, and it seemed this was cutting it very close. "Madam, I'll provide protection no matter what!" He still kept his horn flaring in preparation. All he needed was a prompt and he'd act upon it. If the Lunar mare was so intent on chasing them down despite their willingness to leave her be, she too would suffer the reproach of her actions as far as he was concerned. "Luna!! Stop following and tend to your citizens!!" That would essentially be his warning to her before things turned ugly if it came to it.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:00 pm

Blade's pupils shrunk to the size of peas after the dragon actually took his armor. The last thing he had expected was for her to actually accept his offer. True, it was an amazing thing to happen, but he had expected this being forced into a fight. His eyes returned back to normal as he took in the good piece of news. The stallion followed her into the cave, keeping silent as to why he was going home despite the fact that it was going to end and gesturing for the stallion with him to follow. His gaze wandered over the wealth that had been acquired by the dragoness though he shifted back at the giant lizard and didn't seem to really care for it. The platform caused him to pause for a few moments as they passed it and again kept quiet.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:57 pm

Luna did seem to consider Sugary’s offer, a slight of doubt flickering across her face, but she slowed none in her pursuit. Mittere didn’t want this to go on, and Sugary was being far too nice with the mare. “The attitude of a petty princess,” she commented, making sure that she was heard by Luna. “One that would never be able to rule as a queen.” Mittere’s running slowed a little as she turned around with a hop, horn ready. Luna took this unspoken challenge and ran towards her specifically, two mares of equal height and power. Mittere fell down and slid, the loser of their little joust. It was easy for her to climb back up, which Luna seemed to politely wait for.

Mittere leaned her head backwards, before throwing it forward, causing a small rain of fire came down. The strength of the spell was unimpressive, but she just wanted a hit, any hit, just to try and calm her and make her aware of the real consequences of what she was doing.

She got her hit as a stray ball struck Luna's side, burning into her, leaving singed hairs and a small spot of darkened skin. There was no time for her to notice in a fight like this. Well, to her this wasn't going to be a fight, it was justice. Using her magic to send forth a short but wide beam of a dark shade. It was too much force over too much of an area for Mittere to keep to in her current state. It burst through the barrier and hit her, impacting with her chest and rushing through her like lightning, burning her from the inside. Mittere fell down, letting out gasps of air as she struggled. She tried to push herself up again, but didn't get past raising her head to look at Sugary before she collapsed, dead or near so. Satisfied that one would no longer be a threat, Luna turned to Sugary with one command. "Take off your helmet!"

“A deluded belief in a destiny seems to be of help," Luna said. “And I would appreciate it if you came ahead with us. At half your best best you are still worth running the front with us, if only for the conversation. I even have something prepared for entertainment of sorts. Would you like to hear it?"

"I would," Celestia said. "Please warm your voice, it would be of comfort to me right now to hear it."

“A blade of grass said to an autumn leaf “Oh these autumn leaves, how they make such noise and disturb my sleep."

The leaf was of an unsavourable sort. "Low born and low dwelling" it called the blade of grass. "Songless, peevish thing that knows nothing about song". Then the time came for the autumn leaf to sleep, and come spring she was a blade of grass. And in the next autumn she muttered to herself, "Oh these autumn leaves, how they make such noise and disturb my sleep."

“Not my favourite of her works, but I do think it provides a lot to reflect on," Celestia said, knowing Luna was not reciting it without reason . "What do you think of the poem, Fearful?"

“Is there a problem, pony?" The dragoness asked. She had no particular concern, but she was interested that he had nothing to say. "Did it ever occur to you that I wanted you out of that armor for other reasons? Maybe so it wasn't ruined when I attacked you?" She asked, wanting wanting to spook a reaction out of him at the least. “Just touch that pedestal when you are ready. Since I was told not touch it, nor allow anypony near it. Aren't I a naughty girl?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 11:30 pm

(("The Lunarians"))

A shame that Sugary could not stop as soon as he wanted as he slid and lightly lost balance to where he couldn't return to Mittere's side, for how else could he let the fight between her and Luna happen the way it did without providing assistance?

Unfortunately, he was only truly ready to fight as Mittere lay on the ground, and while he was still sure he wasn't in the right place, that didn't mean he wanted things to go that way. "Madam!!" Afterwards, he'd stare down the Lunar mare from behind the helmet, magic still focusing and not letting up in the least. "... You may think me arrogant, but I will not tolerate conceit! You have not earned the right to order me around! I'm not going anywhere without her! You want me!? Fight me!!" He pawed the ground and snorted, lightly lowering his head in a dueling fashion between horned creatures, watching her every move very carefully while holding his ground. He just needed to try and get a decisive blow on his opponent. That was the whole point of the constant charging. Not that his body nor his armor and gear had given out just yet either at least...
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 9:02 pm

Fearful listened to the poem, humming softly along with her words. To say he was pleased that Luna wanted him alongside her was an understatement. He glanced at Celestia quietly and smiled at her question. "Well... I've never really been one for interpreting poetry, I've always preferred just listening. Regardless, it seems to say that one cannot hope to understand another's position without first experiencing it themselves. It also reminds us that we cannot judge others, as we do not know their circumstances..." He paused and stretched out. "A well picked poem Lulu."

"Well, we should get moving... Perhaps, we should station one of the guards here as the first crumb. I will leave a fire to warm them, and then we shall head out. Are we agreed?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 8:08 am

Blade didnt seem to care much for the dragoness' comment and would have played it off as not even hearing if he hadnt spoken up. "As if armor could stop dragonfire." It was said with a glare at the female dragon, obvious that he didnt care for the joke either. He had the feeling he was overreacting to it, but dragon attacks werent something he took lightly. So, while it was a joke that was meant to be playful, it hit an emotional scar. His expression softened a bit before he spoke again. "Thank you, miss...I never did get your name." He said simply out of being nice for someone that was nice for him even though he had to bribe her to do it. The green pony took a few steps towards the pedestal as he kept his looking at the dragoness and hoped that the stallion was still following him.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Luna picked up Mittere in her grasp, her current state being unable to fight against the magic, and roughly placed her by his side. “You can keep what is left of her. Now remove your helmet, please." The politeness was rather forced.She had lowered her head to accept the duel,  but had still made no attempt to move, the stallion in front of her seemed to be playing defensively anyway. “I wish to see the face of my opponent. Would you please allow such a courtesy?” Luna asked. It was really strained this time. She didn’t want to go all out and fight Sugary, but she wanted to go all out on something. Mittere had prove herself to be a complete pushover in her current state, and Sugary was right there opposing her. She bent her knees slightly, muscle fibers all at the ready, eyes, ears and everything waiting Sugary’s next move.  

“Thank you. I do not object to that plan at all," Luna said, beginning to push on ahead once more after Fearful had finished stretching. Her rear still had some clinging ice and frost as she rose. Frosted parts of her mane were beginning to find themselves turning back to normal. She was the one in charge of her own mane styling and colouring. " think you managed to strike upon the agreed meaning. It feels as though it should be a part of the common sense we all share, but it is disturbing how some, such as a certain Alicorn that awaits. If I were to reject such sound interpretation,  if only for the purposes of discourse, I would say…” Luna continued to speak, and Celestia and Diurnae made their presence quite clear with their own input as they moved ahead. They passed through a hallway that was rather short, coming out to a room that, like the one before it was interesting. It was only the floor that stood out, appearing  to possess moving pieces. They all fitted together to create a pattern, which the path that needed to be taken through the room. Mittere had seemingly solved it, or perhaps just brute forced it. It began from the entrance in a very S-like shape, then taking a J, and then an L shape.

“She possesses more patience than she demonstrates,” Celestia stated, looking at Mittere’s work. “Sliding puzzles can be taxing and bring ponies frustration.”

Diurnae laughed at this statement, knowing the feeling. “I’ve got an embarrassing story about those actually.”

"It would perform a better job than your bare back. And thank you pony, our association ends her, but at least one of us is richer for it," the dragoness said, not like she really cared, as she was planning to sleep through everything. She eyed Blade until  he stepped forward, before beginning to head back to her previous resting spot closer the mouth of the cave.

As Blade touched it, it would cause him to experience that would make his legs shake involuntarily. The stallion behind him seemed to fall apart into magical wisps, spreading a blackness which stole the stallion from his current position, leaving him back in the same dark place as when he had left. A voice filled the air, the stallion’s, except this time understandable to Blade "You cannot get the staff these days. You agree and think the same about your guard colleagues, no? I am willing to give you your armour back, even make a few improvements, seeing as it will not help you with what is to come. I do think I have gathered a lot from observing you. You will now be returned to your group, you're princesses are still in danger after all." The voice stopped, and Blade's other senses returned to him as he appeared in the room where he had left. Two guards were waiting in the room, trying to keep warm. They waited on Blade to ask the questions even though they knew a thing or two he may ask.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 9:29 pm

Sugary might have been saving up his magic, but he was not about to let Mittere just get thrown to the ground like a ragdoll as he caught her with his own magic and set her down gently nearby. "Madam..." He glared at Luna from under the helmet, though he was by no means accepting defeat aside from following with the request this time. "... Very well..." He kept his stance as he removed the helmet through the use of his inventory as it became enveloped in a soft light and placed away, revealing a severe scowl towards his opponent and brightly pink shining eyes full of magic. "Now you know... The next courtesy will be my charge!" He neighed loudly as he charged towards the lunar mare, armored hooves cracking and sparking the ground beneath as he also distanced himself from his partner. There was a merit to playing defensively which he knew well... but even a heavy shield would crack under the weight of a heavier sword. If Luna was going to hold her ground, then he'd do his best to tear it from under her, both figuratively and literally if needed. His main concern was Mittere's safety above all else of course, and he still had his own magic to back up his charge even if he wasn't by her side. Just as his opponent had many means to attack and defend, so did he even if he was pushing his limits by now. He needed to keep sharp at even the slightest movements and flow in the surrounding air.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 1:24 am

Fearful moves to Luna's side, summoning a large white flame for the guards, which hovered gently about a foot of the ground. He chuckled, and gently brushed the ice and frost from her flank, rolling his eyes slowly. Kissing her neck playfully, he trotted into the hallway, clicking his tongue when he saw the puzzle, nodding at Celestia's statement. "I do quite dislike this style of puzzle. It requires no finesse."

He glanced at Diurnae and raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Do tell." He was curious to hear the story, particularly if it featured Mittere, and preferably, if it involved her making a fool of herself.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 9:11 am

Blade snickered a bit since his construct probably would give him better protection than his armor. He looked upon the pedestal for a few moments before finally touching it and expecting a portal or something similar to it. What he got was his shaky legs. The stallion panicked for a bit and thought the pedestal had done something to him, but then the pony from behind spoke. The fact that Blade could understand him got him to quickly turn around into the forming darkness. He quickly glanced around him once they came back to the abyss. The jab at the guard was below the belt even though it was true to some extent at least. The prospect of getting better armor sounded good and nodded to show that he liked the idea, not thinking about how it would break his deal with the dragoness. The guard was about to ask about what the stallion had gotten from the experience, but the Princesses' being in danger took his attention.

Once he appeared in front of the guards, his eyes darted around in order to spot the royal sisters, but didn't see them anywhere. "Where are they? Did they get taken as well?" He took a few quick steps in order to advance towards the two even though he might have looked strange without his armor. The cold not yet getting to him just yet.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 4:29 pm

"Hm..." Luna mused as Sugary removed his helmet as she asked. He obeyed her more than he was willing to admit. "What a serious face that is. Unbecoming. You are far better suited to a look of despair." Her voice took on a darker tone as it went on. She was edging the same way as her sister, and this fight was not going to help. She was going to be viscous. She let the wings that separated her from the here unicorn in front of her flare out while she pawed slightly at the ground herself. "I think you should make your choice now if you wish to be a duel or combat. I know which I would prefer.” She was going to set the precedent for this fight, after she set up her battle plan. At Sugary’s charge she bounded away with a few leaping paces, before taking flight as she fired some kind of magic to the left and right of Sugary, both shots wide and high, not even trying to hit him. Assuming Sugary did nothing to try and stop them, they would form into spherical shapes that stayed attached to the walls of the surrounding buildings.

Luna's ear barely flickered as she felt Fearful across her flank, following it up with a kiss. It was a pleasant change from how she was used to being treated, though she certainly would not have let just anypony do that. "Would you rather something that required great finesse? Perhaps gymnastics of a perilous nature?" Luna sounded amused. Fearful walking on a tightrope gracefully coming to mind. He had other ways around it of course, and he would likely use them in such a situation, but distracting thoughts were rather nice.  

“It really isn't anything major,” Diurnae said,moving ahead and following the path through the room. The floor might not have been lava, but touching was probably going to incur some unpleasant consequence. “It’s just that I got a small one of these puzzles when I was little. The thing is probably so scrambled by now that I don’t even think Mittere would be able to do it. You don’t seem to have much faith in her.”

The guards were on alert but not very surprised by Balde’s reappearance. They hadn't had enough time to let their guard down yet. “They should be fine,” one of them answered. They're up ahead. They should have dealt with any traps,so there’s no need to take your time catching up.  We'd follow but there's still one more. He isn't a guard, but he's one of us. Nicer than the mare he follows around.”

"You haven't been in any fights or anything, what happened to your armor? I have to put this on every day, if it weren't for the circumstances I'd be obliged to report you to your superior. It’s good to see you regardless. The only good way to lose a pony is to retirement. Those up ahead are probably better equipped to handle your questions than we are, so why don’t you catch up?” The second guard said. Blade’s desire for some better armor had yet to be fulfilled. Maybe they were just empty words designed to play with him?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:02 pm

As Luna took to the air and shot the magic to the sides, Sugary slowed down, and even backed away in a defensive stance, not wanting to be between the spheres set in place. "A look of despair!? You don't know despair! You'd rather fight me than look after the survivors! How many of them do you think had to watch loved ones die to the heat!? But I doubt reason is something you have much of lately if you're still ignorant to that!" He didn't bother to choose what style of fighting there would be, as he was quite certain she would just do as she pleased by this point.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:34 pm

He listened to what the guards having to say and was surprised Sugary hadn't made it back yet. He was sure that he would face his trials much faster than he would, but he decided to worry about him. Mostly because he didn't have to worry about somepony like him, he was going to be fine, and the fact that he had been warned that the Princesses' would be in trouble, even if the guards said they were fine. Blade glanced down at his bare coat and realized that he lacked his armor and shivered as the cold hit him. "Thank you." He quickly rushed to go to catch up to the others, having a construct wrap around his body once more. This time it was much weaker in order to have the energy to give off some heat in order to get him warm. "Please be okay." He muttered to himself.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 6:02 am

Fearful was quietly satisfied that Luna was warming up to him, and he chuckled quietly. "If I was to do that, I would need to finish shaping this body," he murmured to her. He was also imagining himself on a tightrope, and the thought made him snort loudly. 

Fearful nodded slowly, before frowning at his assertion. "Sorry for my lack of faith Diurnae... But too much faith kills... Regardless, I will try not to heap negativity upon Mittere." Fearful glanced ahead, curious to see if he could spot her.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:29 pm

Luna snorted. “And you think compounding to that disappear is the right thing to do? You have contributed your fair share of such things in the lives you have taken to get here. Explain to me why it is you think it right a pony should suffer just because another is? I could have killed her, and I could kill you.” Her powerful wings were still beating, keeping her above Sugary. He hadn’t answered her question, but she was glad to make the decision for him. This meant she could turn this into a contest of pure power, rather than it’s application. She fired a rather simple magical beam at Sugary this time, just as a probing gesture. She still wanted that look of despair, so she couldn’t completely overrun him, and therefore wanted to know his limits.

“I see you enjoyed the idea of that,” Luna said, being aware of how little some of Fearful’s mannerisms had changed. Amusement was an easy one to tell. A pony didn’t break out in laughter without something on their mind, and she knew it was what she had said. “I may perhaps ask you to perform at a point in the future to give an example of your finesse."

"Well," Diurnae said with a slight sigh looking downward. "Too much faith might harm your kind, but I don't think anypony is in danger of that with Mittere. She's not a popular as she thinks she is. You might be able to guess why.” Celestia seemed somewhat saddened by that that statement.That had always been true, but her ability to build friendships must have been pushed to the side in order to focus on things that matter. While she had no control over that, she was still the cause. She felt that way at least.

Ears were on a swivel as the group heard Blade approach. Celestia perked up and turned her head to see Blade quickly approaching, sans his armor. She seemed to hold an immediate concern for the guard, not knowing that he was likely worried for her too. "I trust things were not too hard on you Blade? My experience was less than pleasant. I hope that yours was somewhat nicer. Less violent at the least.”

Mittere was waiting up ahead. Even from the distance it was easy to see exhaustion of the mental kind as she stood on three legs, one of them massaging her forehead, rubbing small circles. Her back could be seen rising and falling under several frustrated sighs. She had to be doing something, facing an invisible obstacle of some kind.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 pm

"Hypocrite!! You're the one attacking us now when we want to back out! Spare me the lecture!" Sugary wouldn't have too much time to say much else as Luna readied her next shot. By the time she fired, he did a rough barrel roll to the side while magically placing his helmet back on as he didn't have to keep it off for her any further. He'd try to use magic to keep from loosing balance, letting the armor crudely take the hits from whatever debris or shock the shot caused. As an effort to counterattack, he'd slam a hoof to the ground as soon as he was able, sending part of the charged up magic he'd been holding for a while now, and quickly make the ground underneath her explode and violently send up many rocks and torn soil in a furious pelting towards the air.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 6:28 am

Fearful nodded, and began to subtly alter his body again, re-enforcing his throat to start with. "Yes... I would be more than willing to perform for you. What did you have in mind?" He asked, eyebrow gently raised as he looked at her curiously. He was more than happy that he was able to share a joke with her, and he was more than happy to dance across a tightrope.

Fearful paused for a moment, before nodding. "I see... I think perhaps, she needs to be reminded of what it means to have a friend. She should remember a time before responsibility was forced onto her." 

Fearful was glad that Blade was alive, and seemingly well, his expression relaxing a little. "Blade... Welcome back... That you have returned means you must have passed your test. Congratulations..." His attention was drawn, of course, to Mittere. 

Moving ahead of the ground, he gently rubbed the spot she had been, smiling and pushing her hoof to the ground. "What seems to be the trouble?" He asked with an easy smile, clearly trying to be friendly.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 6:53 pm

Blade slowed as Celestia noticed him and couldn't help, but to smile a little. They were safe. "Or are they?" His mind asked since he was still suspicious to what the strange pony meant by the Princesses were in danger. They seemed to be fine to him. After giving a small nod to One for congratulating him, he focused onto the solar Princess. "Well, outside being forced to speak with a dragon and then having to trade my armor to get it to send me back, my trip was pleasant." He glanced away when he mentioned the dragon and felt uncomfortable about the whole experience. "But, what to you?" Blade asked as he took notice of the Mittere being frustrated by something before shifting back to the Princess he was talking to.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:06 pm

Luna seemed rather amused at the point Sugary had made. Calling her hypocritical was rather amusing. She did not however think very highly of criminals who thought they were better than her. “Ponies who commit crimes do not get the choice to back out. Not after the damage has been done." She was unsurprised as Sugary inflicted yet more damage on his rampage. The magic build up was easily detected by currently high alert senses. It was simple enough for Luna to throw all the largest sections Sugary's way, as a way to keep the pressure on him. She herself got a slight pelting by the remain, but if asked a filly could hit harder.

"The armour is easily replaced," Celestia said, smiling softly back at Blade. She knew how good it felt to see a friendly face after she had returned, even some of the duller faces of the guards, she wrongly assumed his smile was for that reason. "Your safety is what matters. It has just protected you in a different way than intended. I would like to extend Fearful’s welcome to you. Do you know anything of the other stallion's situation?" She asked, inquiring about Sugary. "I feel he makes things go smoother with Mittere. As for the nature of my test, things were interesting for me. I got to meet somepony I did not think I would see again, although they were not quite the same. It was nowhere enough to demoralise me, as this is a matter of great importance.”

“Walking a tightrope is not traditionally considered to be very romantic," Luna answered, pausing for a little suspense. "That type of dedication does say a lot of positive things about a pony however." It really did seem to her as though Fearful was back, and honestly had no intention of leaving. That was a comfort.

Mittere found herself confused as Fearful approached her in such an open fashion. She was also conflicted as to the contact between them. "Huh? I am already being forced to listen to one prattling dolt, I hope you are not going to add to that list of frustrations. I am being haunted right now, and it is most disturbing.” Her tone grew slightly more aggressive, but the hostility did not seem to be aimed at Fearful. She didn’t apologise either way. “What has prompted your current concern and demeanour, Fearful? I have great reason to doubt Luna put you up to this.” She was curious to know what a grown stallion wanted to do with an insolent child like herself. The sudden attitude change made her wary.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Luna was certainly showing her ability to redirect Sugary's efforts against him, but she was far from his first opponent in his life, much less a magical one as well. He knew his fair share of tricks, and she would bear witness to his latest one as he deeply concentrated on the rocks coming and himself. The speed of the rocks she sent his way, their numbers, his own self and armor... All of these were factors he took into account in a mere moment as he had gotten used to fighting in a crowd, so a single opponent, even an Alicorn, would not catch him off guard so easily. Just before any of the rocks hit, he enveloped each and every major one and himself in an enveloping light... and now found himself a few meters above Luna looking down at her in freefall along with the rocks hurling down ahead of him first right on top of her. It was a strenuous act in his tired state, but he pushed on as he complimented his risky maneuver with several regular bolts of magic from his horn right at her for suppressing fire, letting the rocks do the brunt of the work for now.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Fearful smiled and nodded, glad to see that Luna had at least in part accepted him back into her life. A thousand years of guilt and anger washed over him for a moment, before dissipating, and his smile grew. "A tightrope? I believe I can do that. And it sounds like a lot of fun," he murmured, rubbing his chin with his other hoof, now standing on his rear hooves. "Sure. Once we've finished this, I will gladly walk across a tightrope."

He shifted his attention back to Mittere and he raised an eyebrow. The confusion and wariness of her expression was clear, and he hoped he could clear it up. "A ghost you say? Is it an actual ghost, or nearly a image projected into your mind..? I may be able to assist you if it is an actual ghost." Her hostility was justified, after all, he was pretty sure he had called her insolent at one point.

"Luna?" He shook his head, still smiling. "No, no-one has put me up to this. Well, except maybe myself. I realised something. See, you were right, we are not all that different. I have no idea to your past, and I judged you entirely on the brief interactions we've had. I would like to rectify that." He paused. "Simply put, I want to be your friend."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:32 pm

"I have no clue. I'm actually surprised he hasn't gotten here before I did. I could have gone for one of his blankets at the moment." He said as his construct's magical flowed back into his horn, his body going to be warm for a good while until he needed to use it again. Blade looked over at Celestia curiously, tempted to ask who she saw. He knew that Celestia probably met hundreds of ponies throughout her reign, but why would one of them try to get to her. "Umm...how has the group been so far?" He asked in order to change the subject since One had went to talk to Mittere, which was making his presence unneeded. It also helped that he liked to see her frustrated due to usual smugness, something that he had gotten a good dose of fairly recently. The stallion then quickly realized that all the craziness had happened in a single day. The thought got pushed out of his had and he zoned back into his conversation with one of the most, if not "the" most important, in Equestria.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Having a large and armour clad stallion above her was not the situation she wanted to be in. The moment she became aware of where he had gone to she used her wings to turn herself around, putting her in better position to deal with Sugary and pulverise the rubble into something even more fine. His attacks were part of a tired desperation, meaning he'd give before her regardless, so she could afford to be excessive. Whilst moving away, she herself fired a few magical bolts. When in proximity to falling rocks the bolts turned into powerful arcs of lighting, giving an accompanying low thunder. The rocks were worn away to nothing by the magically induced lightning, giving an example as to what would happen to Sugary if he carried on as he was going. She honestly looked forward to seeing him fall from his position in the air.  

“It is likely in my mind, but it ranks as no less of an annoyance," Mittere said, shaking her head. It was after this she allowed her eyes to meet with Fearful’s for a moment. The smile set off an alarm inside of her that made her wary, even if it seemed genuine. Then she slowly leaned over to plant a kiss on his cheek. "That was sudden, correct? Do you really think that is how it works? Perhaps in your day. Your intentions are good, I am sure. The esteem in which you hold me is really meaningless to the overall conclusion of anything. Regardless, age aside, what would be the basis of this friendship? We are like day and night.” Mittere did not think there was a great deal of need to mention which of them was which in that analogy. She herself knew she could be a lot more easy about the matter, but it was a good way to burn off stress.

“To my knowledge, progress has been slow. There was some kind of fight in my absence, but everypony seemed to come out of it unharmed." Celestia sounded pleased about that. While blood had been drawn, nopony had died and that was a good thing. "I know how uncomfortable it must be for you in the cold. I am lucky enough to have wings to serve as my own blankets.It is bad luck to say it, but I am sure you can guess what I'm going to say about our fortunes so far." Celestia remained hopeful even after everything so far. It was not going to be easy, but it certainly did not seem hard with as many ponies as they had.

"When the two of them are finished bonding and she divines what the problem she is having is," Luna said to Blade. "We can begin moving once again. Hopefully. I trust you too are looking forward to being done here?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]
Page 19 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next