OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

The Forgotten Temple (Private)

Go down 
+2
Dragon Soul
Star Sentinel
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

The Forgotten Temple (Private) Empty
PostSubject: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 3:42 am

Deep within the Everfree, there is a long forgotten temple that is forgotten by even the princesses themselves. Deep within the temple, there are riches beyond belief, protected by traps and snakes, golems and dragons, beasts and demons. There are puzzles for those that are smart enough to solve and undead spell casters for those who would fight. Wary adventures explore this temple, but none of them have ever come back. Many travel to find the temple, but only few have found it.

Blocked by a canopy of leaves and tangled deep within the vines, there are those who would risk there lives for the unknown treasure. Whether it be for their own greed or for their loving family, The Temple of the Forgotten picks and choose who shall explore it's mazes, traps and puzzles and those who die trying. Only the bravest and smartest of them all will survive.

A flyer has been put up around Ponyville, asking for a few brave ponies to come and explore The Temple of the Forgotten. It simply asked the ponies to meet a unicorn and thestral at the local tavern in Ponyville. Once the ponies meet up and discussed if the ponies were truly brave enough to explore the unforgiving traps and beast that lie within the temple, they were to set off to find the temple and figure out a way inside.

First Post:
The sun was just rising up from the horizon and near the edge of Ponyville, there was a rather large building with a sign hanging over the front door. It read, "Runic Tavern". Inside the tavern there were many different ponies, talking and chatting even though it was just becoming morning. There were also a few griffins too. Near the middle, towards the back, of the tavern there was a bartender serving the ponies who wanted something to drink.

Towards the back corner of the tavern there was a table that had two ponies sitting in it. One of the ponies was a rust colored unicorn mare and the other was a gray thestral stallion. The mare was wearing an archaeologist hat and black squared rim glasses. The stallion was wearing lunar guard armor with a sword strapped under his left wing and sunglasses. Though the stallion looked to be in his mid-teens, probably far too young to be a royal guard. The mare on the other hoof looked to be in her mid-twenties.

The two ponies seemed to be talking about something because the stallion slammed his hoof against the table slightly. The mare shrugged at his and used her magic to bring a mug up to her mouth to drink. The stallion groaned and slammed his face against the table.

"Come now, Star. You can't be that upset. I only invited five other ponies to come along with us. I highly doubt anything will go wrong under your watchful eye." The mare said, patting the stallion on the back. "Now, I'm sure they'll be her soon, so try not to look so upset. You are my guard from the remainder of this exploration and I don't want my guard to be so upset about other ponies joining in." The stallion just groaned in response.

1) You can die.
2) No alicorns.
3) Have fun.
4) Only AurumTempestas, Mosley, DragonXneoN, Rayne, and Dragon Soul may be in this RP.
5) For this first post, wait for everyone to post. After that, you can post freely.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 5:54 am

A dark violet Unicorn with a short, burnt orange mane and tail soon entered the tavern adorned in armor, and had a sword, shield, and a spear on his back. Dusk Hammer wore armor similar to the Solar Guard's armor, although it wasn't colored gold. Instead it was simply cold steel.

Since Thestrals weren't a common sight in most part of Equestria, he had little difficulty identifying the ponies he needed to meet. However, he decided to get a drink first. He ordered a glass of scotch, and once he paid he joined the Unicorn and the Thestral, with his glass held in his magic.

"Good morning. I assume you two are the ones I'm supposed to meet to explore an ancient temple. The name's Dusk Hammer."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:02 am

A dark blue Unicorn in a black and green armor with a large glowing blue scythe opened the doors and walked into the tavern. The slightly-glowing armor was unlike anything in Equestria and looked like it was home-made rather than anything else. The unicorn decided to get a drink first, a bottle of rum to not get too drunk before the journey. As he got his bottle, he made his way to the now-trio at the table.

"...Good morning.." he said in a sleepy voice. "...I take it you are the guys I'm supposed to meet for ... the journey?" he adds. He then remembers he forgot to introduce himself "...My name is Scythe Spin, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Mosley

Mosley

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 1:13 pm

Exploring a forgotten temple, wrought with danger and mystery was exactly the kind of romanticism Grey was searching for. The odd Earth Pony dawned a ragged looking dark green cloak that hid his face and most of his body. A patchwork of dark colored clothing covered the rest of his body so that not a single part of him was openly visible. It was a necessary precaution to protect the prying eyes of others, one look at his decaying form would terrify most ponies, for Grey was undead.

Grey walked through the doors of the Runic Tavern, strapped to his back was a greatsword, decorated in blue at the hilt. Even though it appeared intimidating, Grey hardly ever used it. It was more of an accessory than a weapon to Grey, but that didn't mean he wouldn't use it if the need arise. The cloaked stallion moved through the bar until he found the two ponies he was looking for, a Unicorn and a Thestral. He approached the table and pulled out a chair, sitting down in it. Grey waited silently for them, and the other ponies who had gathered around, to talk amongst themselves.
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 3:22 pm

A short Earth Pony mare entered the bar, and headed towards the group, seing who she was looking for. Her cloak was a light brown and went halfway own her legs, revealing her lower legs to be mottled grey and white. Her face was covered in grey fur except a large patch of white over her left eye and cheek. Her stormy grey eyes watched everything as she sat down, hoping she wasn't the only mare on this trip. Her pocket knife was hidden, of course, but she was ready to draw it when she needed, which she hoped was unnecessary. She noticed the Unicorn was a mare and sighed in relief, happy to not be the only female. She brushed her pale pink mane out of her eyes and checked her tail, smiling as she realized it was still braided like the tail of a rat.

Last edited by AurumTempestas on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 12:18 am

Rain Splash wakes up contently, looking at the mare next to him, his concern for leaving her is apparent, but it was either her bed, or the streets. He skillfully slipped from the covers grabing his sword, dagger, satchel, and water flask, placing everything on himself and checking the mirror, with a smile he whispers, "Still got it." He exits the room and trots down stairs, remembering yesterday he needs to visit for a forgotten temple close-by in the Everfree. He pauses noticing his luck, the mare must be a tenant living upstairs, since the bar, and the Thestral.

"HA! My luck never ceases to amaze me." He exclaims to himself getting a few to look at him oddly, he trots towards the group that seemed to be emerging, a pony covered in head to hoof with a cloak of various materials, a pretty Earth Pony, who looked rather serious, and a few more, he nodded at the familiar bartender and walked to the group, silently thanking the Light for showering the night before.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 1:31 am

The mare and stallion looked up at the ponies. "Ah yes. You have all finally arrived. How wonderful. I'm Runic Ruby and this her is my guard Star Sentinel." The mare said, pointing the the stallion and he stood up and gave a slight bow. "I'm so glad you five were brave enough to come with me and Star to The Temple of the Forgotten. For some odd reason, the locals stay away from even exploring it. I wonder why." She ponders on it slightly.

"Anyway, do all of you have what you need? We will be heading off in search for the temple soon. Be sure you have everything you need. We might be in the forest for a while. There isn't a map for where the temple is, so we might get lost. And if we do find the temple we might be exploring it for days." She stood up from her seat and looked at the ponies. She was most curious about the pony, Scythe Spin was it?, that had large glowing blue scythe. She was sure she could feel some strange magic coming from it, but she couldn't put her hoof on what type.

"Perhaps it's because ponies say that temple is cursed. Think about it Miss. Ruby, no one ever comes back when they go searching for it. Maybe this is a bad idea to be going, but it is your choice. I was chosen by the princess to guard you from the danger and I shall do my job. But do think about this Miss. Ruby, what if this is a terrible chose? What if me die trying?" The stallion, who's name was Star Sentinel, said. He stomped his hoof against the floor slightly.

"Oh hush now, young Star. I'm confident that me, you and these four, we will be fine. Now, do you have everything you need? Sword, armor, sunglasses?" Ruby asked Star, checking that her knife was still strapped to her left shoulder. Star groaned in response, but nodded all the same. Ruby smiled at Star and turned back towards the ponies. "How about all of you? Are you ready for the upcoming adventure?"
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 1:41 am

Rat nodded. She smiled at Star and then at Ruby. "I only need to know if I have to fight, cuz I can't really fight well." She had a city accent, and stood a few inches under the average mare. She flicked out her knife. "But I'm fast." She slips it back into her cloak. She smiles at Ruby then goes silent and drifts off to the side.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 1:45 am

Hmm, I might want to pack some food, but that's just a quick stop at the local market, some rope won't be too hard either, Dusk thought. He was ready for a fight, but he saw he wasn't really prepared for exploration.

"I think I just need to get some food and some rope, and then I should be ready," Dusk said.
Back to top Go down
Mosley

Mosley

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 4:10 am

Grey remained silent as the Unicorn and Thestral spoke to the group. And when the two had asked the group if they were ready, Grey gave a simple nod. He was prepared for the journey and eager to begin, even if he didn't outwardly show that enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 7:02 am

Splash chuckles, "I'll do with a pair of sunglasses!" He jokes, "Nah, I'm fine, let's get hustling, sooner we are there soon more thing come.... And the sooner we get paid!" Splashes already packed rations were well enough, for himself that is, he sure hopes he wouldn't end up a pack mule of the group because if his strength. The rations were small and filled with lots of essential nutrients, as well as special enzymes that made the consumer feel full. He had twelve of them, let's hope they last the trip.

"I'm thinking six there... Six back... Or maybe five there and five back and two for emergency..." He mutters to himself lost in thought.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 8:07 am

Scythe just nods "...I have everything I need..." he says, looking at others. "But you can stop at the store if you want. I don't mind waiting."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 8:24 am

Star glared at Splash. "And what do you mean by get paid?" He said that last word with a bit of venom in his tone. He hated ponies who only wanted money. A low growl escaped his throat, as he glared at Splash. All that Ruby could do was facehoof.

"Would you stop being to foalish. Now, we should gather some more food and maybe a torch I can light if the temple gets dark. Any maybe some rope for those of us that can't fly." She silently glared at Star and Splash for being a pegasus and thestral. "Oh, and how could I have forgotten mine and Star's saddle bags at Canterlot. I'm such a dummy sometimes." Her horn glowed a dark purple. In the next second two saddle bags appeared and Ruby strapped one onto Star and the other onto herself.

"Now let's head off to get some food, rope, and torches." Ruby said, walking over to the door and out. Star followed close behind, still glaring at Splash. Ruby led them to a convenient equipment store. Ruby went up to the counter and asked the pony behind the counter if they had any rope and torches. The pony did and Ruby bought it.

Once they were done Ruby walked out of the store. "All right. Any of you know some place to get some food. It's been so long since I've been in Ponyville." Ruby asked, turning towards the group. Star shrugged in response.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 8:39 am

Splash raises an eyebrow, "It's going towards my friends funeral, so yes, this IS worth the money I get paid." He bit the last word off with a tone colder than griffon steel. He turns towards Ruby and with a much calmer voice, "If you are looking for things to just fill up on the Pastry shop has a nice selection, if you are looking for a meal to get nutrients out of I may have a few more rations I can spare."
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:38 am

Dusk doubted pastries would keep them healthy on their journey. They'd need something that'd keep them all strong, meaning they needed some fruits and vegetables, as well as bread and plenty of water. Cheese wouldn't be a bad thing to get too.

"There should be a market area somewhere. Maybe we can find some stalls selling the wholesome food we need," he said.
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Rat was silent the entire time, absently staying apart from the rest of the group. She wasn't liking any of them in particular, in fact it was quite the opposite, only Star and Ruby were spared her dislike. Star because of how he seemed to be only wanting to protect Ruby. Ruby because she was scatterbrained, and therefor not stupid, because most scatterbraine people thought too much and simply were good problm solvers. "I can climb anything." She muttered to Star. "I need no rope, only some food."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 3:37 pm

"Oh yes! I forgot. Perhaps Applejack or Big Mac is selling some apples near the center of town. Maybe some carrots from Carrot Top." Ruby pondered on what kinds of food they should get and she turned and walked off towards the center of the town. She wound occupationally mutter something to herself.

Star felt a little bad for glaring at Splash, but shrugged it off. He quickly trotted after Ruby looking at Rat. "How can you climb anything? I've met a lot of earth ponies in my life, but none of them could ever climb walls." He raised an eyebrow at her, genuinely curious. He gave a glance at the other three, excluding Splash and Rat, wondering why Gray and Scythe were quiet.
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Rat grinned at Star, but said nothing and simply stayed quiet. She kept with the group, but was staying away to prevent any physical contact. She pulled the hood of her cloak up and simply drifted nearby. She wouldn't give away her secrets just yet, but thought Star wasn't going to let up with his questions whenever he had the chance.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Dusk followed Ruby and Star, also staying rather quiet. As long as they stocked up on food then he really had nothing to complain about. Also, he didn't quite feel like striking up a conversation just yet. He figured he'd try being more talkative when they were finally on their way.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Scythe Spin followed the group silently, not really knowing how to start a conversation so far. His main objective was to follow Star and Ruby and that's what he did, ready to talk only if someone asked him anything.
Back to top Go down
Mosley

Mosley

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Grey was content walking at the back of the group, watching and listening to his travel companions in order to get a better feel of who he would be working with. When he noticed Star looking back at him, Grey averted his gaze, turning his head to face the buildings on either side of the path they were traveling on. From under his hood, Grey glanced back to see if Star had turned back to the others, which he had. It was apparent that Grey wasn't fond of being noticed, nor starting any kind of conversation. Small talk wasn't something he felt was at all necessary. Grey continued to watch and listen to his travel companions while he walked at the back of the group, intent on staying out of any conversations.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:45 pm

Rain Splash kept to himself, he would conversate were it if anypony actually wished to conversate! He walks off to the side of them as they picked up food. Walking towards the Everfree he would guess, "Shall I meet you at the edge of the Everfree?" He asks Ruby as one of his wings extend.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:02 am

"Oh yes, yes. Do as you wish, but to mind the timberwolves." Ruby said, Star nodding in agreement. "I don't want you to get hurt before we even enter the Everfree. Now, you there." She turns her head towards Scythe as they walked to the center of town. "Would you mind telling me about that scythe of yours? It really does intrigues me."

Star rolled his eyes at Ruby, but smiled a little bit. "Give her a temple to explore and she ain't even shy." He muttered, watching Ruby get a little closer to Scythe. He turned his gaze towards the three ponies that didn't seem to like talking. "Oi. What's with you ponies? Don't like a conversation? Sure you might not want to talk, but we're going to be together for a while. Might as well get to know each other, right?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at the three.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 2:07 am

"It isn't so much that I don't like talking, but talking for the sake of talking has never really appealed to me," Dusk said, "Still, it would be good to get to know everypony. For those who don't know, I'm Dusk Hammer. Honestly, I'm here for the adventure rather than the wealth. I just felt I needed to do something with my experience in the royal guard."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 1:58 pm

"...I don't really like telling the story of how I got it.... it's a terrifying story that will probably haunt me for weeks if I try to remember it again." Scythe says as he lowers his head. "But, it cuts and blocks better than anything else I ever had in my hooves." he adds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten Temple (Private)   The Forgotten Temple (Private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Forgotten Temple (Private)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next