OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Survival Island

Go down 
+4
Xereth
Dragon Soul
AurumTempestas
Star Sentinel
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 4:36 pm

A crew of fishers are to set sail for a fishing trip in the afternoon. These fishers now waited on their rather small boat at Horseshoe Bay. Ponies ran back and forward on the docks, as they too got ready for their own departure. A clock strikes marking that the eleventh hour has started. The fishers rushed around their boat, making sure that everything is in working order. Some of the ponies slipped and fell flat on their face only to be yelled at by the Captain who stood on the bow of the ship. He was a unicorn stallion wearing a captain's hat and had a sword strapped to his side.

As the minutes tick by, the crew of the small fishing boat are more and more prepared for any situation. They made sure their nets weren't broken and made sure there were enough fishing rods for everyone of the crew members. The docks seem to have gone quiet as the clock nears twelve. The crew of the fishing boat get into their positions and the captain goes to the steering wheel of the ship near the stern.

Just as the clock strikes twelve, a radio on the docks warn fishing boats to be careful when out at sea. There was apparently a dangerous storm that was said to be going on latter in the week. The captain of the little fishing boat tells one of the unicorn fishers to pull up the anchor and lower the sail of the boat so they can set off on a fishing trip. The unicorn did as told and used her magic to pull the anchor up before lowering the sail.

In the next moment the boat's sail catches a wind and the small fishing boat is pulled out to sea. Most of the crew walked around talking to each other. The captain of the boat seemed to be the only one who wasn't talking and kept quiet, occasionally sending down one of the crew members to the hold of the ship to knock some sense into the ponies that were getting drunk and/or slaking off.

A few hours past, and the fishers are finally getting some fishing done. The captain, of course, would send one of the pegasus to keep watch on the weather and make sure they wouldn't get caught by the storm. Some of the fishers were being silly and pushed each other off the boat. The captain would yell at them for that.

As the sun went down the fishers set out to sea again. Many of the fishes went to go sleep, but the captain stayed to steer the ship. He also kept one of the pegasi with him to make sure he wouldn't steer the sip towards the storm. He would occasionally steer into a little rain but nothing too bad.

One pegasus didn't do his job and didn't tell the captain that he was sailing into the storm. The captain did his best to navigate the storm, but one big wave hit and made the ship lose course. The ship was heading towards an area with rather sharp rocks. The captain panicked and ran below deck to wake the crew members. The rang a bell to wake them up but by the time they all woke up the ship crashed into a rock and a big wave carried the ship and the crew. The ship and it's part were scattered and the crew members were washed out to sea.

There was one lucky group of ponies that had washed up on an abandoned island. They now laid on the beach on the island. Farther in the island was a thick jungle. There were many parts of the ship and some belongings that washed up on the beach.

Rules:
1) One OC per person
2) You can, for this first post, make your characters belongings wash up onto shore, but please keep in mind that they were on a ship wreck and having all an OC's items wouldn't be fun.
3) This is a survival RP so you have to either escape the island or wait on the island for rescue.
4) This is opened until the next GM post, so anyone can join.
5) Since this a survival RP, please don't make items wash up on shore unless I say you can.
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:19 pm

Rebel Blade groaned as she sat up, looking around groggily, rubbing the side of her head. "Ow, headache..." She noticed her alien surroundings and immediately lurched to her hooves, drawing a golden sword from her left side. She held it in her mouth, her right wing going to her right side to draw the other, it had odd, hook-like protrusions extending towards the hilt from the edges of the tip, like a pointer arrow. She frowned as she didn't find her second one, but ignored the feeling of incompleteness. She slowly turned in a full circle, examining her surroundings before sheathing the blade. She used her hoof to push her navy blue mane out of her eyes, and grumbled as the rebellious streak of metallic gold hung back inbetween her golden eyes. She glared at it but soon sighed, sat down, and started checking herself for injury, her hooves patting random spots of dark grey fur. Her bat wings shifted lightly as she sighed in relief.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Dusk Hammer soon woke and found himself on the beach. He then cursed whatever luck he had. Having to do a fishing job to earn some extra bits was bad enough, and now he was stranded on an island. Plus, he barely had anything on him. All he had was a knife and a damaged and soaked first aid kit he brought with him onto the ship. He knew the bandages would be useless before he even opened it since there was a big hole in the kit. Sure enough, the bandages were soaked. The scissors were intact though, and the bottle of rubbing alcohol was fine. He then praised his luck a bit when he saw he still had needles and sutures to stitch wounds up, and then cursed it again when he saw the painkillers were missing. He wasn't that experienced with stitching, and he hoped somepony was a doctor, a nurse or something to that extent, and was therefore more qualified to be the medic.

When he check himself for injuries, he found a nice bruise on his side, and it was in the shape of the kit. He thought he must've hit something when he was swept off the ship, and the kit had taken most of that blow. He then hoped the others were as lucky as he was to be fairly uninjured.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Griff woke up to a massive headache on a beach, where he only had a knife with him. He must've either drank too much last night or hit his head somewhere. All he remembers is a storm and then blackness. He knew that if he transformed into his shark form to escape, he would probably risk being hit something on his way to safety.

"Well," he started as he stood up on his wobbly legs. "Better check if there's anyone else still alive." he said as he quickly examined the area around him. He could transform into his eagle form for easier search, but he was still somewhat drunk and casting spells now could turn out to be a massive mistake.

He then started making his way along the beach to find the others.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 7:54 pm

It wasn't until the others started making some noise that Wisp stirred. Groggily, the inexperienced mare lifted her head, rather unsure about anything at the moment. She'd signed onto a fishing trip so she could try and get a couple of spare bits, but the last thing she remembered was going to sleep with the semi-gentle rocking of the ship.

Now she was lifting herself stiffly up from the ?sand? Still unfamiliar with the substance, Wisp scooped up a hoofful of the stuff and let it gently cascade back to the ground. She watched with interest until the sand revealed a large crack spider webbing along the side of her hoof near the end of it. She couldn't help but let out a cry as she cradled the injured limb close even though it didn't actually hurt.

On instinct, Wisp's ethereal wings unfurled and wrapped protectively around her despite the extremely limited protection they actually offered. After a few moments of this, Wisp started to stand, only to quickly draw the injured hoof back away from the ground. Instead of trotting, she once more unfurled her wings and brought herself to a low hover. Flying over while cradling the injured hoof, Wisp spoke out. "I-is everypony okay? And does anypony know what happened?"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Gem yawned as he woke up, scratching the back of his head as he glanced around. Decidedly unimpressed by his surrounding, he stood up slowly, glad he hasn't brought any of his normal equipment. Instead, the only thing he was missing were the few bottles of beer he had stored on board the ship.

Grumbling to himself about storms and unintelligent pegasus, he turned in a full circle, looking to see if anyone else had survived. Spotting Wisp, he walked over slowly. "Aye, I can reckon I know what happened. I'd say we crashed into something. That's the only reason I can think of why'd we all end up on an island, with no boat."
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:25 am

Once Dusk was done checking what was left of his first aid kit, he looked around to see just how many ponies had ended up on the island with him. He could see a few, currently an earth pony and two pegasi, and he wondered if a few more were scattered across the shore.

He soon noticed one of the pegasi was cradling her hoof, although he couldn't see why from where he was. He then picked up the kit with his magic and trotted over. When he got closer, he saw her hoof was cracked, but not bleeding.

"Um Miss, is your hoof okay?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:38 am

Wisp nodded at the answer to her question, though it did little to alleviate her worry or her grim expression. Then she became aware of another addressing her, and she turned her attention to the ground bound pony who'd just asked her a question.

Curiosity struck Wisp for a moment as she too wondered if her hoof was okay, but another glance at the damaged limb showed that it was still indeed cracked "I- I'm not sure," she replied twisting around on her ethereal and slightly transparent wings. Once facing Dusk, she somewhat hesitantly revealed her hoof and the sight it held.

The light blue limb looked normal enough until one's eye drifted close to the end where several cracks spider webbed out from an obvious impact point. The injury looking more like badly cracked porcelain than anything organic, yet contact with the limb revealed a surprisingly normal feeling hoof. Despite the strange injury, Wisp didn't seem to be in any real pain and no blood spilled from the cracks in the limb. "Can you fix it?"
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:39 am

Rebel's ears perked up at the sound of voices, and she quickly grabbed her sword, then hit a small button on the hilt, the blade splitting in half from the middle of the blade, and she dismantled the sheath for her missing sword and rearranged the pieces on her wings. She attached either half to a wing, so when they were spread the half-blades would be forward and at the ends of her wings.

The thestral spread her wings and took off towards the sounds of the voice, flying slowly and as quietly as she could. She saw it was just other survivors and bolted over landing a couple yards away. "Am I the only one with weapons?" She asks, looking towards the forest. "An Island like this may have some natives or some big predators...Has anyone seen a large suitcase with a Solar Guard symbol on it? I am hoping a few pieces of my armor survived..." She looked to them, now, ready to hear about how thestrals were supposed to be Lunar, not Solar.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:05 pm

Gem glanced at the hoof, but seeing as there was someone willing to fix it, he turned his attention to the thestral. "No, I can't say I have. And if I need a weapon, I'm sure I can find some suitable materials to make one... I kinda wish i hadn't left Titancracker at home." Sighing to himself, her glanced at her blades and blinked in surprise. "Ohhhh~ They are some very nice wing blades. Where did you get them?" Without asking permission, he slid one off and started to examine it happily.
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:14 pm

She hissed and grabbed it from him. "I already lost one sword! I don't need to lose half of another!" She reattached it and stepped a couple feet back. "Just...don't touch my stuff, please." She grumbled and looked around. "I know how to make a pretty good quarterstaff, I know how to carve one, if you want a weapon...easy and quick to make." She said, nodding politely.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:23 pm

Scroll groans coughing up spit and sand his wings are covered in the fine substance as well and his glasses are missing, in a slight panic he searches around himself, "Bah those were vintage!" He finds them a few hooves away sighing in relief as he returns them to his eyes. Looking around he slowly becomes less and less happy and radiant as he sees more and more suffering, all of his notes of the trip gone, as well as the important book he was to carry to the griffon colony's.

Cursing under his breath he sees a few survivors, "Well that's something I suppose, I wouldn't want to be alone here... I'd talk a coconuts ear right off!"

He begins trotting towards him only to trip over his damp bag, his notes and research of the current trip a destroyed mess, while his knife and the satchel itself are still intact, he sheaths the knife in the sheath still attached to his foreleg as he places the satchel on, "Time for yet another adventure... Let's hope it ends well..." He mutters out loud as he walks towards Unicorn treating a Thestral to the best of its abilities since he couldn't see quite that far away he couldn't tell the genders. He shouts out hoping they are anything but his imagination.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 pm

From a near by cliff an otter was watching the group of ponies and others wake up. "Ah. So they finally wake." He smiled and he jumped of the cliff using some near by water at the top to make a water hang glider. When he was close enough the the ground he let go of the hang glider, making it turn back into water. He was wearing a blue bandanna that had a black trim, and was wearing black fingerless gloves with a red trim.

Oliver had followed some of the crew when they crashed into the rocks. He had lost his belt in the process but he was lucky they landed on an island. He had been waiting at the top of that cliff since night time. It was now mid-day and he wondered why they took so long to wake up.

He walked over to the group, on two legs. "Well you finally all woke up. Took you long enough." He fell back on all four paws and looked at the injured pegasus. "Hmm." He stood back on his two back legs and looked at the ponies in their eyes. He was as tall an an average pony. "Heal this here pony then we can go exploring." He smiled at all of them.

Last edited by Star Sentinel on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:19 am

Dusk's attention was turned by a pony that had called out to them from a distance. He soon was rather surprised by the otter, especially that he talked. He seemed enthusiastic, and he figured he'd be a good support for morale so long as he stayed positive.

Dusk then turned his attention to the injured Pegasus. He wasn't too sure he could heal it, considering it didn't seem like a regular injury. He could try healing it like a regular wound and see what happened. If that didn't work then he didn't know what to do.

He then focused his magic for a basic healing spell, knowing he couldn't do anything more advanced. He was glad to see the cracks go away, but not as quickly as a regular cut would. He hoped he wouldn't have to heal this hoof too much.

"There you go, good as new," Dusk said.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 1:07 am

Wisp hadn't looked up as the new comers arrived, she still had all her focus on the damaged hoof. While the healing spell worked slightly, it apparently wasn't what was truly needed to fix the damage as a good number of the cracks remained. A fresh onset of curiosity flooded Wisp's mind as she wondered briefly if this was because of her somewhat unique body, but decided it wasn't necessary to mention right now as her mind finally acknowledged the new presences that had arrived.

Wisp quickly thanked Dusk and then looked towards the otter. It was something she'd never seen before but seemed nice enough so her initial trepidation and fear didn't last long. "I'm ready," she stated, trying to be careful and not show the remaining cracks in her hoof to the others.

Still in the air on her semi-transparent wings, Wisp began to hover over towards the Otter to add to the credibility of her statement.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 4:42 am

After a few minutes, Griff finally reached the surviving group, glad seeing he wasn't the only survivor on this island. He walked up to the group.

"Greetings," he began talking, still being slightly wobbly from last night's drinking and events. "..you guys have NO idea how glad I am to see you all made it! Hell, I would've gone mad if I were alone, heh." he continued, not even sure if anyone there cared about it, seeing as some were injured and others had their own troubles.

He then turned his attention to the otter. "I may still be drunk, but I don't remember you on the ship... and, do you also do transformation magic or are you an otter by default?" Griff wondered.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 5:29 am

Oh great, the last thing we need is a drunk pony, Dusk thought as Griff spoke to the otter.

Dusk decided to get a good look at everypony who was present. He already got a feel for the otter, so he skipped him. The Pegasus he healed seemed rather innocent to him, and perhaps not very strong, physically. He hoped she wouldn't be singled out by the group as being useless. If it came to that, he'd stand up for her. he didn't know about the other Pegasus since he'd barely done anything for him to judge.

The Thestral was a soldier, that was obvious, and from that he figured he could rely on her if things got rough. The Earth Pony looked like he might be stronger than him, and he had a knowledge of weapons, though he had not much for his character.

Finally, he wouldn't know what to think of the drunk Unicorn until he sobered up, though he did mention he knew transformation magic. However, he had to admit his question to the otter was valid. "I wonder that as well," he said to the otter, "I'm sure a talking otter has an explanation as to why he can talk.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:44 am

Gem glanced at the thestral and shook his head. "No thanks... Hmmm... I'm gonna need something big..." Wondering to himself, he ignored the ponies around him and the otter as he searched for a tree sufficiently large. Settling upon a large oak, he clambered ungainly up the tree, before selecting a large, smooth branch. He jumped on it a few times, before it snapped and he and it tumbled to the ground. Seemingly pleased with himself, he lay the branch across his back as if it were nothing and walked back over. "Right, I'm armed. Now, an explanation would be nice."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:53 am

Oliver smiled at them. "Oh look! Someone actually asked how I can talk!" He smiled at Griff and Dusk. "No, I'm a real otter. I didn't even know transformation magic was a thing. I'd rather not say how I can talk though. I'll tell you this though, it doesn't involve magic. Oh and I was on the boat. I was a stowaway. It's kinda fun being a stowaway, but when we sailed into that storm I knew something was going to happened and hid in the crow's nest. The boat crashed into a rock and a big wave washed you all out to sea. Be happy you're the ones who survived." Oliver got back of four legs and walked over to the edge of the water. He dipped his paw in the water and pulled out a water sword. He got on his back legs and walked back towards the ponies.

"What I'm surprised about is that no one questioned the fact about how I got from the cliff to here. Heh. Seems ponies are more interested in talking otters that what the talking otter can do." He looked the pegasus mare over. "If you're sure your okay then let's go on an adventure through the forest!"He pointed his sword towards the forest. "Maybe after this adventure we can work on getting back to Equestria." He laughed a little bit, loving that he's meeting new ponies. They sure seem nice. Let's see how they fare in the forest. Getting back on four legs, Oliver ran towards the forest, his sword in his right paw.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 7:10 am

Okay, an otter that doesn't talk by magic that can manipulate water into a number of things. Nothing unusual, Dusk thought. Sarcasm aside, he figured it'd be best to follow the otter since they might find fresh water while on this "adventure." He at least was glad almost everypony was armed with something. Only the formerly injured Pegasus was unarmed, and Dusk decided he'd stay by her in case the forest was more dangerous than it appeared.

"Well, I guess exploring beats sitting here and doing nothing, especially if we find fresh water," Dusk said to everypony, "And since we're all going to be together for a while we should introduce ourselves. I'm Dusk Hammer."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:53 am

Griff slightly laughed when Oliver mentioned that he didn't know transformation. "It is a thing, and I am sort of a master for it, heh. I will show you when everybody is set to go," he said and chuckled once more before looking at Dusk Hammer. "My name is Griff, at everyone.. who is present at this time..'s service. I will try to use my powers to help us survive." he added and sat down a meter or two away from the group.

"And I will most likely surprise most of the currently-present ponies...and otter.. with my magic.." Griff thought to himself and once again, snickered at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:15 pm

"I'm Wisp," the pegasus mare stated looking about as the others armed themselves with various things and gave a brief thought about it herself, but the still present cracks in her hoof quickly reminded her that her body could only take so much punishment before breaking.

Resigning to forsake a weapon, Wisp turned a flew after the otter. A smile began to form on her face as the fires of hope were once again lit within her. Things weren't that bad, others are here and alright. There might be even more beings on the island that could help us get home. And the view from the beach was really pretty, she thought to herself while flying after the otter.

The weapon Oliver chose however bugged her slightly. "Um... Mister Otter?" she started, not knowing his name. "What's a sword made out of water going to do to anything we run into? Wouldn't it just get wet once you hit it?" she asked Oliver with innocent curiosity and not know if the conjured weapon was the least bit sharp or stable.
Back to top Go down
AurumTempestas

AurumTempestas

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:42 pm

Rebel growled lightly. "A stowaway?" She cursed lightly in Latin. "Thought I checked for any of 'em." She spread her wings and bolted after the otter, her wing-blades glittering in the sunlight. She might as well keep an eye on him regardless. "Let's go people! We gotta get some shelter and fresh water, we'll worry about anything else later!"
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 5:25 pm

Dusk followed after Wisp as she flew to follow the otter, determined to keep her safe like he decided he would. As he did he thought about the others in the group as they continued conversing. The Thestral looked like she'd be the hard, stern soldier type, unlike himself, and he considered himself to be a more honorable soldier. Griff said he was a master of transformation magic, and though Dusk was a little curious of what he could do, he was more focused on keeping Wisp safe. Still, Griff seemed trustworthy enough.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:19 pm

"I am Oliver." Oliver said stopping and turning towards the ponies. "Aye, you would think my sword is just water. I'll tell you a little secret. It won't turn back into water unless I let go of it. I usually have a belt that holds some water unless I need it but it appears it was washed out into the sea." He walked over the a near by tree, beckoning the ponies to come and watch.

"Maybe a demonstration would be better. Okay watch the tree." Oliver raised his sword and swung at the tree, only getting the sword's blade in 3 centimeters. "Um...Heh. I'm not all that strong." He said sheepishly. He pulled the sword out. "And if I happen to lose my sword then I have these." He clutched his left fist and two steel claws seemed to appear out of nowhere on the gloves. "There electrified so it can do some serious damage to someone. Trust me, I know this from experience." A dark shadow cast over his face as her remembered that day. He turned back to the forest and started walking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Survival Island Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survival Island   Survival Island Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survival Island
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next