OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Beneath the Surface

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Ician

Ician

Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:24 am

"Indeed." He smiles at Divine. "I'll be right back."

He tests the solid ground of the Canterlot docks and trots up to the Captain. The latter nods at him and says something quietly, then leads him away from the ship is they talk.

Quimia approaches Divine and Ruby. "It seems our little adventure is over."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:28 am

"Indeed it is." Divine remarks. "A shame that it came to arresting Theria. No-one wants to see love fall apart like that."

Ruby shrugged. "Perhaps it was inevitable, you know, her being an evil warmonger."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:34 am

"Evil? Are we to judge, now, who harbours evil in their hearts and who does not?" Quimia gestures to Divine and Ruby. "Complicity in a crime can be proven, but how far can the same be said of motivation?" She sighs as she watches the retreating figures of Ician and the Captain. "I can only hope that justice is delivered where justice is due."

"Ician."

"Yes, sir?"

"Lieutenant Eclipse sent me situation reports ahead of your arrival."

"Indeed?"

"Yes. It seems you have done well."

"... Not by all definitions of 'well', perhaps, sir."

"Don't belittle your achievements, Ician. You triumphed over an army far larger than yours."

"An opportunity presented itself, sir. Nothing more."

"Nonetheless, you have done well. You are to be rewarded. As are your... friends."

"Yes, sir..." Divine, Ruby... "My friends indeed."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:38 am

Divine giggled sadly. "Who am I to judge indeed? A blind judge, a mockery of Milady Justice herself. That, Quimia, is my job." She sighed peacefully. "Though I gain my sight back, if for a moment."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:44 am

"Judgement is rendered based upon complicity in a crime." Quimia elaborates. "The legal system punishes acts, not motives. Deeds, not thoughts. A devious, power-hungry backstabbing schemer is sentenced to less than a knight templar who kills in the name of the good she believes in. Because of the severity of the crime."

"How will they be rewarded, sir?"

"That will be for you to decide. Other than the minimum amount promised, the remaining funds are yours to do with as you wish."

"... Really, sir?"

"Yes. I trust you will be responsible with them."

"I will."

"Good."

"... Actually, sir, if I may make a few suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:50 am

Divine nodded. "A punishment is meted based on the actions. Justice is blind because it matters not who you are, or why you did it, just that you commited the crime."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 10:57 am

"That is exactly the point." Quimia nods. "Which is why there live so many tragic heroes who die by the hand of justice. A saddening reality."

"What... sort of suggestions, Ician?"

"We can save some of the monetary rewards if we give them something... else, shall we say, to compensate."

"What are you implying?"

"This, sir: offer Miss Retribution a place as a Canterlot Judge. Her reputation is excellent. She will function well here."

"... Ah, yes. I can see how that would work. How did you think of this excellent idea?"

"You suggested it to me, sir. A few months ago."

"Did I? I... don't have any recollection."

"Indeed you did. Although it wasn't terribly important or pressing back then, so I suppose it must have slipped your mind."

"... I suppose."

"And look, with this in place, you may-"

"Hold that thought, Ician."

"Sir?"

"This idea is much more intelligent than either you or I gave it credit for."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:01 am

Divine sighed. "It is also why the streets of Fillydelphia are calm nowadays. On that subject actually, I'm still on paid leave..." She grunted. "I wonder if those gangs are still after me..."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:05 am

"Gangs?" Quimia flinches. "As in... those kinds of gangs?"

"What do you mean?"

"Think about it, Ician. Eclipse himself reported that we had a prisoner of war. A changeling commander named Theria. This is true, I presume?"

"... Yes."

"And he also summarised a fear that this was just a small part of the real threat of changelings, and that a much larger war might occur."

"Where is this going, sir?"

"We're going to put miss Retribution in charge of all the post-war trials for criminals we capture. That will make sure justice is served. Starting with this Theria. After we interrogate her, of course."

"So... do you honestly intend to place Divine in charge of all those trials?"

"Yes, I am. Is there a problem?"

"... No, sir. No problem at all. Your idea is a brilliant one."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:09 am

"I mean the kind that rape, murder and steal whatever and whom ever they like."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:15 am

"Urgh." Quimia makes a disgusted face. "Their motives are fairly transparent. They ought to be punished."

"Then we'll go ahead with it?"

"Yes, sir."

"Right. Good. Anything else to say?"

"Just a few recommendations for other promotions. Miss Ruby, who accompanied us on our mission and performed excellently, ought to be rewarded in kind. Perhaps a promotion to miss Retribution's office as a bailiff? Could that be done?"

"Must that be done?"

"It would certainly help miss Retribution to feel more at home in her new home. And she would, ah... appreciate... the favour too."

"... Very well."

"And perhaps a little for mister Storm, as well?"

"Ah, yes. Used to serve in the Guard, that one. He's a blacksmith now, is he? In the Crystal Empire?"

"To my knowledge, sir, that is accurate."

"Good, good. I will take that into consideration. For now, you may return to your friends. I will contact you shortly."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:18 am

Divine snorted. "Well, they aren't too organised, so they shouldn't how up here of all places."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:22 am

"I certainly hope not." Quimia shudders. "I am not the type to venture too far out from the proverbial ivory tower. I wonder if there are such gangs in Canterlot, too..."

"Yes, sir." Ician watches at the Captain hurries away, presumably back to the Guard headquarters. Ician himself hurries back to his friends.

"I'm back!" He announces before the three of them.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:26 am

Divine smiles. "So what did the Captain have to say?"
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:30 am

"Not very much. The final details still rest with me, but I think I convinced him to take you on as a judge in Canterlot." He grins. "And more. He's probably going to leave you in charge of all the trials of changelings from now on. Like Theria, for instance. Their fate will be in your hooves." He gestures to Ruby. "And you'll be her bailiff. I think. And Storm... not entirely sure how that might work out, but yes. He'll be promoted too."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:33 am

"What about my eyes? Did you ask?" Divine whispered.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:35 am

Ician sighs. "No, I didn't. But that's because I know the Guard isn't capable of doing restoration like that. My, ah, contact in the Night Court will have what we need." He pauses, then smiles. "Trust me."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:36 am

"Oh really?" She squealed like a little filly. "And I'll be happy to judge by the way."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:38 am

"I knew that you would." Ician's smile fades. "But I must warn you that, even if my contact is capable of restoring your sight, it will likely not be permanent. It probably won't last very long, either. But that's the best we can do."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:39 am

"I don't mind. I just want to see your face my love." She kissed him gently.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:41 am

"Yes. Yes, I look forward to that." Ician watches the Crystal Viper. "Now it's just a matter of waiting for the others to disembark."

Just as he speaks, the other transport ship draws close to them and begins docking. Eclipse flies off of it and onto the ground in front of Ician, giving him a salute. "Sir."

"Good job, Eclipse." Ician nods, smiling. "Good job everyone."

((Have to go now, unfortunately. See you!))
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 11:46 am

(Bye)
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Griff lazily disembarks the Crystal Viper, almost glad his job was finally finished. He stopped on the dock, giving Divine and Ruby a quick look before looking away. Sky Cog, however, did not disembark yet, and some engines inside the Crystal Viper could still be heard running.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 12:27 pm

"Ah, Griff. Welcome to solid ground." Ician nods. "Had a nice flight?"
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 12:28 pm

"It was pretty decent. Thanks to the maneuver Sky pulled off." Griff says, slightly chuckling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beneath the Surface
Page 26 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next