OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Beneath the Surface

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35
AuthorMessage
Xereth

Xereth

Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 9:34 am

Griff's ears perked up at the mention of 'payment'. "Payment?" He asks curiously. "I hope it's as much as you said."
Back to top Go down
ColdChimera

ColdChimera

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 9:39 am

"I don't think I ever asked for payment." Storm said as he joined Ician and Griff. "What are the rewards?"
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 9:42 am

"Let's just have a look at this..." Ician's eyes skim across the paper. "Griff, the mercenary: For his efforts, he is to be awarded seven thousand bits. Meteor Storm is to be awarded five thousand bits... and an offer for a job in the Crystal Empire Guard as Vice-Head Blacksmith. Huh. Would you look at that."
Back to top Go down
ColdChimera

ColdChimera

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 9:56 am

Storm lifted his eyes up as he did a few calculations in his head. "Based on my usual number of commissions and my usual price that is about double what I would make in three months. For less than a weeks worth of work, granted I nearly died but still." He thought a bit more, talking mostly to himself now. "I already do a bit of work for the officers who want customised swords or better armour so my job wouldn't change all that much, more stable income, rate would drop a little but I'd have more work so I wouldn't notice that. What about quality? Would I be able to maintain the quality of my work with the increased work load? probably, but safely? I don't know." He stopped talking for a bit while he considered. A minute or so later he looked back to Ician. "I will graciously accept this reward." He smiled.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 9:58 am

Ician smiles. "That's good to hear. I'll tell the Captain." He looks back at the page. "Sky, you'll get a thousand for ferrying us back and forth. Divine, you've been promoted to a Canterlot judge. And Ruby, you've been placed to work under her." He chuckles. "What a pleasant surprise. That I of course did not expect in the least."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 11:35 am

"A thousand bits just for that?" Sky asked. "I usually get paid like two hundred for carring cargo back and forth."

"Seven thousand AND three hundred." Griff says. "15 bonus for every changeling, and I killed around twenty in that whole battle, two give or take." Griff adds.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Ician rolls his eyes. "The three hundred comes out of my personal account. Now, let's see... Eclipse, Quimia and I don't get any extra money, it was our duty after all... oh, but a nice promotion for Eclipse. A first-class lieutenant now. And a comfortable bonus for Quimia. And as for me..." He reaches the end of the paper and flips it over, reading the next page. His eyes widen. "No way."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 2:52 pm

"Hm?" Sky wondered. "What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 2:53 pm

"Oh... wow. Ha ha ha!" Ician doesn't register Sky's question at first, reading intently. "This changes everything."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Sky continues wondering, noticing that Ician didn't hear her, so she wonders silently.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 2:57 pm

"And then, if I can... yes, just a little political manoeuvring and... it's in the bag." He clutches the paper close to his chest. "Boy, have I got to thank the Captain for this!"
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:02 pm

"Tell us already!" Griff says, somewhat annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:05 pm

"Hm, oh what?" He blinks, emerging from his own world. "Right, right, sorry." He waves the paper about. "I've been promoted!"
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:09 pm

"It seems like everyone was promoted, so no surprise there." Griff says. "Either way, congratulations, I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:11 pm

"Oh, but I haven't been promoted to just anything." Ician stares at the paper with a grin. "There's only so much further one can go from co-strategist..."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:20 pm

"That's nice." Griff shortly says, waiting for his money to come.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:25 pm

"Head Strategist!" Ician crowed. "Authority! Power! And as the effective primary advisor of the Guard, I'll be... uh, nobleised. Or... whatever it's called. And then the Royal Court will become the battlefield! Just need to wait for a few days before the Captain submits the forms... This is happening so much faster than I thought it-"

"Sir?" A soldier from behind him coughed. "We brought the money."

"Hm?" Ician turned and noticed the wagon he was pulling behind him, laden with a large number of bulging brown sacks. "Ah, there we go. Thank you. Each sack is a thousand bits."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 3:32 pm

"Ah, finally." Griff says as he grabs seven bags, throwing the eighth bag on board the Crystal Viper, saying "Here you go, Sky."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 7:56 am

"Well, that's payment settled." Ician stands by, satisfied. "And... I guess this concludes our mission."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:30 am

Griff had already started walking away, slowly making his way towards the well-known bar. "Finally I can get drunk again.." he says and looks towards Ician. "Unless there is anything else you need me for?"
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 11:37 am

"No, no, go ahead." Ician waves at him. "We're done here. Goodbye, and see you again someday."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:05 pm

"Well, thanks for your help, everyone." Ician looks around. "Storm, Sky, Divine, Ruby... we make a good team." He smiles. "If I ever get into a situation again I'll know who to call. Good work, everyone."

((I guess it ends here. Feel free to post any 'conclusion' type entries where you depict a scene a little while after the ending.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Surface   Beneath the Surface - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beneath the Surface
Page 35 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35