OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Darkened Horizons

Go down 
+2
Xereth
pyroman33
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Xereth

Xereth

Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 7:41 am

Naina annoyedly looked at the smaller diamond dog as he ran his mop over her feet. She was about to say something, but had to remind herself that he was a part of ship's crew and she might as well obey him. She stepped somewhere where the dog already mopped and decided to not pay him further attention in order to enjoy the fresh sea air.
Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Civviq laughed weakly. "Eheheh... sure..." She took a deep breath, trying to calm her stomach, and sighed as she nodded. She sat down on her hammock - a little bit better this time - and picked up her bag. She started to rummage through it, trying to search her notebook and a pen. Once, she read somewhere that the best medicine against seasickness was to distract yourself from the seasickness. So, once she finally found her pen and her notebook, she did what she loved most: to write. She wrote down her findings, what she thought, and what she did up to now. She smiled as she noticed her seasickness slowly go away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 5:24 am

Jam looked over at Cynder, smiling happily. "I don't doubt that one bit. This gives me more of a chance to look at diamond dogs though. Don't really get much time to observe other races in my travel because of the reputation us changelings have gotten." He shrugged a little, shaking his head. He stood up and stumbled a little bit. He then started walking back up on deck and looked around for something to do or someone to talk to, particularly someone he could get some food from, but that wasn't on the top of his priorities.
Back to top Go down
pyroman33

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 1:30 pm

pyro did yawn lightly after he got upp, having found his ballance in the moving ship Before he laid down in his hammock yet again and looked over att cynder.

"so, cynder was it, right? how long have you been doing this book Writing stuff? are your books based of your other travels i presume? and could you give a bit more info of these floating isles if you would not mind" he said as let one of his legs sway outside the hammock lasily, his bag hanging from his side as it ratled lightly from the sway of the ship
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 6:12 am

The Minotaur continued his humming and stopped to answer Gale again. "Just a little something I whipped up." He says. "Potatoes, onions, carrots, gravy, seasonings, and some fine salmon!" He reaches to a string hanging from the ceiling and yanks on it a few times, causing a bell to ring up on the main deck. Shortly after, the crew would start to collect in the Galley, starting to line up at the counter. "Alright ye mongrels! Meal time!"
---------------------------------------------------------
Cynder looked up from her book at Jam. "Heh, I think Changelings are pretty cool!" She says. "You can basically be whoever you want. And the ones that break away from the hive-mind are especially interesting, and the most creative too!"

She then looks at Pyro and giggled at all of his questions. "The Isles are probably the coolest place I've ever been. The one we'll be going to though is by far the best! It's a huge jungle full of every known plant in the world! And even some unknown ones! And it's home to Dryads, living beings made of the plantlife themselves. You won't find them anywhere else!"

"And I haven't been writing long. The only thing I've ever written about are the places I've been and the things I did there. The most exciting one is my latest though! 'Tales of an Equestrian Ranger'!" Cynder stands and strikes a pose. "The daring heroine, new to her life in the Equestrian wilds as a Ranger, fending off bandits and scoundrels! Protecting the innocent and defending the weak!... *Ahem* Some of it might be a little bit exadurated though...

Suddenly the sound of a bell sounds through the living quarters. "Oh! It must be time to eat!" Cynder says, skipping off towards the galley.
---------------------------------------------------
The Diamond dog would continue to grumble and mop while Naina stood there, all the way up until the meal bell sounded and he shoved the mop into his bucket, splashing soapy water onto the deck and leaving to go and eat.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 6:35 am

Jam paused in his walk to the upper deck as Cynder spoke. His cheery expression turned to one of gloom for a moment. "Regular changelings can be who they want. I can't. I was dropped on my head when I was little and never could develop changeling magic. As for breaking from the hive-mind...I didn't have a choice in the matter. I was kicked out after they were sure I couldn't do magic and was made to fend for myself." He pulled his hat more over his face as he continued his walk to the upper deck. He found a nice quiet spot and stood around. When the meal bell rang, he just stayed there in his spot. He didn't need physical food...just love, but he really didn't feel up to finding someone to grab some love from at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 3:39 pm

Naina continued standing with her arms outstretched, eyes closed as she attempted relaxing in the gentle sea breeze. Her ears lightly flinched as she heard the sound of the bell ringing, soon after opening her eyes as she heard water splashing and grumbling of a certain angry pup becoming more distant. She turned around, seeing all crew members going towards the hall before smiling. 'Meal already?' Naina thought as she slowly made her way towards the Galley.
Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 4:24 pm

While writing, she listened to the conversation between Cynder and Jam with half an ear and frowned slightly, watching him walk up the stairs. She hoped he'd be okay. She was a bit too shy to actually ask him, though. Her people skills weren't that great... she sighed at that, grumbling slightly at herself. This is why she couldn't make friends.

She only looked up as she heard the bell ring. Food! she thought, happily, and put all her stuff away and walked towards the galley. She was a little confused at first when she didn't saw Jam, but then she remembered having read some stuff about Changelings not needing pony food, so she just went towards where the food was served, stood in line and waited for her turn. She looked at the food a bit questioningly, but as she sat down, in a lone corner where she was sure she wouldn't disturb anypony, she'd found she actually quite liked it.
Back to top Go down
pyroman33

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 11:01 am

Pyro nodded att cynder as she responded to his questions, quite glad that it wasn't to many for her to retract respond to since he sees himself to be a person who is curious and ask alot of questions to quickly att times, though when he did hear the Bell and cynder tell it was meal time now, he got of his hammock much easier and faster rather than fall of it.

He went with the group to the galley to get something to eat, he had gotten hungry after a while before and was hoping for something good to eat, that is untill he rememberd that they where out att sea and there where going to possibly be mostly sea food on the menu, though he didint say anything as he stood in line untill it was his turn to get served
Back to top Go down
jz96

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Well, guess I could set my stuff down while everyone eats.
Gale went back to the bed room and place her bag on the only free hammock left out of the original six.  She open her back pack and pulled out pouch with the letter M stitch on it. in the small pouch was about twelve beakers of red stuff. 
I think I should go top side before anyone asks. She left the her backpack on her hammock and proceed her way to the deck of the ship.
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Cynder smiled awkwardly at Jam's response. "Oh... Is that so...?" He must have been lots of fun at parties. Cynder didn't mean to be insensitive but didn't feel like pressing it right now. Instead she went to the galley with everyone else. She made sure to make it clear to all of her guests that she was saving them a seat at one of the tables. The Minotaur served the crew and the guests happily, singing some shanty as he filled bowl after bowl with stew, and handed out drinks with it. For anyone that wanted water, they would be out of luck, for there were only three things to drink on this ship; Wine, Rum, and Beer. Grog for anyone feeling particularly adventurous. Cynder took a cup of rum for herself and sat down.

When her guests arrived, of which only three seemed to, she began to regal them with tales of her adventures, starting from when she was a young mare out on her first pilgrimage and getting around to the part where she was kidnapped by Boar Slavers!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Jam and Gale would find the deck mostly deserted, save for the handful of crew it took to keep the ship afloat and sailing. The wind blew across their faces and the sun shone bright, partly hidden by a cloud that passed under its rays.
Back to top Go down
jz96

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 5:37 am

Just need a little privacy. 
Gale went to the the back of the ship. Which is deserted of others. Taking a quick glace over to make sure the coast was clear. The sun was only a minor pain for her.
She pulled out one of her vials with her "medicine" and removed the lid with her vampony fangs. Emptying the vile of blood in one swing.
That should cover me for a week or so.
Gale just looked over the stern of the ship as it sailed.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 12:44 pm

Naina would sit herself close to Cynder and as far away as possible from the crew after receiving her meal, with which she took a glass of rum. Some alcohol never hurt anybody, and she wasn't exactly doing her standard work so she should be fine. The sharkgal looked curiously at the stew that was in front of her, smelling it and trying to figure out what ingredients are there before beginning to eat it and subconsciously listening to Cynder's tales.
Back to top Go down
pyroman33

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 10:53 am

pyro satt down att the table with his bowl of stew but a bit dissmayed that there was not any water to drink with it, not being to particulary fond of the more alcoholic drinks and bevereges, and opted to only eat the stew like that while he listend to cynders stories.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 4:32 am

Jam sighed to himself, using his magic to keep his hat on his head as he looked out into the sea. He took a deep breath in and shook his head. He paused for a moment, seeing another pony coming on the deck. Curious he watched her go to the back of the ship. He straighten his hat and followed the pony from behind for a little bit. Suuurreee he shouldn't really be doing this but what can possibly go wrong right? He peeked over at her carefully, not really able to see much. Damn ponies and their bodies blocking everything... He rolled his eyes and went back to the front of the boat, quietly and hoping the pony didn't see him leaving.
Back to top Go down
jz96

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 4:39 am

Gale heard foot steps as something approach her from behind. She retracted her fangs and place the empty vial back in her pouch before turning around.
" Hey, Jamberry, or is it just Jam? What'sup." She asked hoping, he didn't see her fangs.
Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:41 am

Back below decks, in the galley, Civviq was eating dinner. She had chosen rum as her beverage of choice, pulling a bit of a face at the taste of it - she hadn't drunk rum before in her life. She didn't like wine and beer and she had no idea what grog was - so she went with something she had heard of remotely: rum. She guessed she'd just have to get used to it.

She listened intently to the stories of Cynder. Hearing it all from the adventurer herself was simply amazing! She ooh'd and aah'd at the story, hoping it'd end well. Well - she knew it would end well, or else Cynder woulnd't be here. But still! It was awesome, listening to her stories from her corner.
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 6:50 am

"And that's how I got to sail with pirates for almost a year!" Cynder concludes her riveting story of danger and adventure. "Come back tomorrow and I'll tell you all about my first few months in the Rangers and how I met the Artoria Duskcrown, famous hero who slew the dragon that lived on Canterlot mountain before it was built!" She grabbed her cup and took a long cup of its contents, then set it down next to her empty bowl. She hoped she had impressed the group with her tales, though a couple of the crew snickered near the end there, earning a bit of her ire. The sun began to set outside, making the sky a bright orange color as the seas began to calm for the night.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 8:12 am

Jam paused and gulped slightly, pulling his hat down over his eyes. "Ah...Jamberry or Jam. Jam's just shorter." He said swiftly to the mare, backing up slightly. "I'm just gonna...Go back down below deck now." He said turning around and swiftly going down to the sleeping quarters. He shook his head and sighed, walking over to his hammock and laying down on it. He puts his hat on top of his face and closed his eyes, going to nap for a bit. Just before he started napping, he muttered under his breath. "Well now I'm hungry..." He then continued to nap till night came on their journey. That was when his hunger interrupted his sleep, making him sit up and grumble. He really needed to get something to eat if he wanted to sleep more...
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 6:09 am

Naina slowly finished up eating her food, only partially listening to Cynder's stories. Sure, they seemed fun, but seeing the real thing was what Naina wanted to do. After the meal she excused herself away from the group to go to the ship's bow again, enjoying the breeze until it got darker, after which she went back to the hammocks. 'Interesting first day...' she thought while making herself comfortable in her hammock and pulling out a book.
Back to top Go down
jz96

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 6:20 am

Oh, yeah normal ponies sleep.
Gale wasn't even remotely tired, But still needed to keep up the act.
She return to the lower deck. and walked towards naina and jamberry.  " Tired already? hmm, Hey jamberry, I wanted to ask you something when I was up their. You didn't see me doing anything on the back of the ship did you?"
Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 4:36 pm

After her meal - and the very interesting story! - Civviq was getting tired. She yawned silently, picking up her plate and putting it away shyly. She smiled awkwardly at the crew as she made her way back to her hammock.

She gulped as she lingered in front of her hammock, looking to the three others who were chatting quietly. She tried to make as few ruckus as possible to sit in her hammock and picked up her notebook. By the light of her horn she wrote the last bits for the day before she'd go to sleep. She smiled as she wrote, thinking of the rest of the ponies - well, ponies. In any way, she really hoped that she made a good first impression... like she said before, she liked them, but she was cautious. She had liked ponies before who, in hindsight, probably didn't want anything to do with her. She felt a little lonely, thinking of that, but thinking about the colorful stories and the nice banter during the meal, she was at least a bit positive.

She sighed and put away her notebook and wrapped herself in her warm blanket to sleep. She sighed as she laid back in her hammock - which was still swinging quite dangerously, due to the rocking of the ship and her movement, but she soon found her balance and was able to slumber - yet not completely fall asleep either. She noted to herself that rum made her feel a little fuzzy - too fuzzy to sleep. She shouldn't drink too much of it...
Back to top Go down
pyroman33

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 9:27 am

After eating his bowl of stew, pyro did thank cynder for the story she told while they ate and took his bowl over to the minotaur and thanked him politely before he went to thier sleeping quaters, yawning as he walked to his hammock to turn in for the day, seeing that 2 of the group allready where in thiers.

As he reached his hammock, he streched himself a bit before he laid down on it, yawning tierdly again before he went to sleep rather quickly, though with a slightly dry throat as he was mumbling something in his sleep
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Those that decided to would not be bothered as they attempted to sleep except by their own inhibitions. Cynder said goodnight to everyone as they left, but stayed behind in the galley to play a game of cards with some of the crew, and would thus be available if anyone staying awake had any final questions or concerns.

(Real short update so anyone still awake can wrap up what they're doing and we can get this adventure going)
Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:39 pm

She yawned one more time, staring up to the ceiling. The nausea was completely gone by now, and she yawned another time. She wondered what time it was. She wished she could see, but she didn't bring a watch or anything, which she kinda regretted by now. Ah well.

She turned to her side and snuggled deeper into her hammock, so she laid nice and warm. The fuzzy feeling she had before was replaced by fatigue. It has been a long day, and tomorrow will be long as well. After yawning one more time, she fell into a dreamless sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkened Horizons   Darkened Horizons - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darkened Horizons
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next