OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come

Go down 
+3
LeoValkenhein
veryveryfluttershy
Doomande
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Doomande

Doomande

What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Empty
PostSubject: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 3:22 am

As some properly have seen have our Battle Ground gotten a bit more life to it, and there are plans about adding even more to the in the future, if Lightnings plans over here gets air under its wings. And with more life comes more fighting and death and a lot of other "fun" things, so what kind of universes do people think could be fun to cross over with MLP and then fight in?

One crossover that I really would like to see would be a Fullmetal Alchemist crossover, it would be really neat to see what people could imagine up in that world without being limited by an animation budget. Seeing how FMA alchemy in general only gives one alchemist one "element" to work with would it also set a rather even playing ground that should be easy enough to balance out.

Steampunk, do I need to say more really?

Seeing a Fallout battle, Raiders ganging up with each other to use smart tactics to take down Steel Rangers in full armour, big over the top AM rifles shelling out special taint shells to take down griffins that are bombarding a whole third group with shotguns and apple grenades. Fallout is built for battles, with and without ponies.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 5:02 pm

Twisted Metal Black? Probably wouldn't be in the thread, but it was a thread in the old group, and it'd be really cool to see a reboot of it.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Do you have a link to the old thread that you are talking about Very? A lot of our new people would properly not know how to look for it.

Edit: A link to the thread that Very mentioned

Last edited by Sweetcake on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeoValkenhein

LeoValkenhein

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 5:12 pm

I would support an FMA crossover and think a Soul Eater crossover would be pretty neat as well. Two or three people working together to fight in sparring matches or face off against powerful witches and those on their way to becoming kishin.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 5:16 pm

Just gonna put in a small list here
1.) Bleach
With Hollows vs Soul Reapers set up
2.) Kingdom Hearts
Fight against Heartless, Nobodies, or anything else from that crazy world
3.) Soul Calibur
One on one combat against copies of canon characters from the series
4.) Akame Ga Kill
Basically everyone has their own special item and they fight with it
5.) League of Legends or Dota
Basically tactical fights in a more fantasy setting
7.) Halo
Basically standard capture the flag in Halo
8.) Team Fortess 2
You run around with guns in a setting with magic toned down
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 5:17 pm

I have seen both series and does really really love the Soul Eater universe! There are just one small thing about that universe that have been brought up each time someone have tried to make a thread based on the series, you need both a Meister and a weapon before one can battle, and for most would it be too much to control two characters like that in a battle.

I do not know how many there have seen Soul Eater NOT!, but if one took a bit different take on the whole series could peoples characters perhaps be weapons with the ability to transform parts of themselves and then fight that way. But I do not know the manga enough to say if that would be breaking lore or not.
Back to top Go down
LeoValkenhein

LeoValkenhein

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 5:33 pm

I understand what you mean, and I agree that could be an issue, but there are some people who control multiple characters frequently, and two or three members could always team up with one as the meister and the others as weapons. Plus, in a combat situation, the weapon would have little independent action as its meister uses it to fight. In a normal rp crossover their would be more dynamic social interactions, but in just a combat thread it would mostly be the meister performing actions with the weapon acting solely as a tool with perhaps the occasional quip and transformation to deliver a quick punch or kick.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 5:35 pm

... I had really not thought about that Leo. And you are 100% 120% correct. I do not know why that point hadn't been brought up before now.
Back to top Go down
Melon Blast

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 5:41 pm

I would think a Minecraft crossover... What? There can be crossovers of sandbox video games!
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 5:53 pm

Hmm... I do not think that that game is the best to base a combat heavy thread around, since the game itself is more a builder than a fighter... But a session based around people having to build a base, gather resources to make said base and keep themselves alive while a bigger and bigger wave of monsters come each night, and find a way to the End to defend the dragon and find a way out of the realm could actually be rather interesting.

But then again would I say that it would be even more interesting if it were more heavy on the group synergy, how imaginative people were with building their base of operation, and how to solve everyday problems of the minecraft world than one with its sole purpose to fight minecraft monsters.
Back to top Go down
LeoValkenhein

LeoValkenhein

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 6:00 pm

I think the Minecraft thing would be cool if the group had an rp server. One of the best things about Minecraft is actually surviving and building spectacular creations, a lot of the magic is lost when it's translated into text only. It would also be heavy on descriptions of landscapes and bases and there would probably be a lot of fuss about random accidents that often occur, such as lava and sneaky creepers. Granted an actual server could have greefers and trolls, but they can be kicked and banned easily enough if their actions are uncharacteristic.
Back to top Go down
Dieteticchutoy3

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 2:42 am

Steven Universe contains magical elemtents and may be easy to crossover
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 4:16 pm

Could be really really awesome to do a Steven Universe combat game, both as gems VS gems, or gems VS monsters!
Back to top Go down
jz96

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 5:18 pm

I admit, I like monsters.
I could see an hellsing ultimate crossover.
Monster vs monster
monster vs hunter
or just a massive army of ghouls.
Also they have awesome music
Back to top Go down
LeoValkenhein

LeoValkenhein

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:04 am

Has anyone read the Gone series? Because I think a thread in which a similar scenarios takes place would be wicked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come   What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What kind of crossovers would you like to see in BG in the future to come
Page 1 of 1