OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Trainer and Trainee (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

Trainer and Trainee (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Blade sighed a bit to himself he stood in the lobby. Not much was going on outside of a few people coming and going from the numerous doors inside of the building. He knew that the newest program had started where fighters could offer their services to teach the more inexperienced and had even signed up, though doubting what he could actually teach anyone. It had started up a few weeks ago and no one had signed up for him until a few days ago. He was able to meet up with his trainee somewhere around the afternoon time at the Training Grounds lobby. The stallion wore a brown leather jacket that unzipped to show a black t-shirt underneath.  He looked to be 6 foot even and some where above 200 pounds. A large circular shield was on his left arm.
Back to top Go down
BronzeFog

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 10:30 pm

A beautiful young pegasus wandered into the lobby, glancing around silently. Her eyes were a deep, molten gold, her mane and tail two shades of a similar color, and quite long, her pristine white fur gleamed as she spotted Blade, and walked over. She was wearing a dress. A metallic gold dress, and she was supposed to be sparring? Reasons aside, a gold circlet rested on her forehead, a ruby gleaming in the middle, a matching necklace around her neck. She smiled, and bowed her head lightly. "Am I correct in assuming you are Blade Shield? The stallion I am to be versing?" She asked with a smile, holding out her hand. Her wings looked too large, easily twice or more of her height, and she was tall. She was quite lithe, looking like she barely weighed a hundred pounds. "I am Libra Justicar, but for this informal situation, call me Icarus." She then glanced at his shield. "Very nice craftswork..." She mumbled, a hand straying to her necklace idly.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:08 am

Blade noticed the mare, but at first glance, he doubted she would stay long. She was probably some model that probably last her way or was going to a con, though he wasn't sure if there was actually one happening in the area. The last thing he had expected was for her to actually be the person he was training for the day. He eyed the mare with a confused look, but decided to save the questions for a little while later as he finished shaking her hand. "I am." He answered as the mare confirmed who she was to him. "Thank..." He said as he looked down at his shield, doubting the polish he had put on it had really done anything to improve its look. Either way he had to give a compliment in return. "Well, you look good Ms. Justic...er..I mean Icarus." He said as he caught himself in the middle of being a bit too formal which was caused by calling him referring to strangers and adults as either "Miss" or "Mister".

"But, you seem to be going to the Grand Galloping Gala instead of sparring." He said as he noticed the necklace as he gazed down at the dress, hoping to find something to hint at another layer clothes which would be more comfortable and easier for physical activity.
Back to top Go down
BronzeFog

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:24 am

She blinked as he brought up the Gala. "Oh, the dress? That's an illusion, Blade... Actually, that's the closest word I can imagine for it." She closes her eyes and her necklace glowed softly, ruby gleaming as her dress shifted and expanded until she was wearing a very, very heavy looking set of golden plate armor, runes etched into nearly every inch of metal, with massive shoulder plates and heavy greaves. "It's my armor, in an illusion to make it look a little bit more inconspicuous, rather than me marching around in armor heavy enough for a stallion twice your size to go pale." She was exaggerating, and knew it, but was striking up conversation, the circlet still on her head. A few second after, a longsword appeared at her left hip, the handle and hilt golden, with a ruby at the pommel and in the middle of the hilt. Though the sheath hid the blade, it was silver, with an arrowhead shape at the tip. "If you wish, I can change into regular clothes for our sparring match." She offered, knowing quite well she could be intimidating with such armor.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 8:46 pm

Blade had been taken back by the sudden change of attire, adding it to his list of things he never thought he would see. He had to take a moment to just look over the armor to realize how much detail had been put into it, but doubted it weighted as much as Icarius boasted. "Well, Miss...Gah...I mean Icarius. It seems like you would get a good amount of attention in either way." He stated, internally groaning at how he was still trying not to say "miss". "It kinda makes me wish that I had brung my own though it's no where as near as good as yours." He admitted and eyed the sheathed blade a bit before he thought about why somepony that needed training wore such armor. His mind drifted for a second as Icarus talked about the change of attire. "In the future, it would be good to for sparring, but right I suggest we start off without it so you're movements aren't restricted." He said as his attention went back to the mare, amusing she already had something underneath her armor.
Back to top Go down
BronzeFog

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 pm

She nodded, snapping her fingers as the storage enchantments went into effect, and after a brief, five second pause, her circlet and armor vanished from sight. She was now wearing a pair of steel-toe boots, jeans, and a beige t-shirt. She smiled as her sword did not vanish, nor did the thick leather belt it was attached to. "Movement unrestricted." She said, smiling. She then pondered whether fighting without her armor would speed her up a bit, since she was rather quick with it on, but rarely dodged. 'Note to self: Dodge.'
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Blade had looked at the mare with a confused look as she snapped her fingers, not sure what exactly what she was trying to do. He was about to question it when suddenly her armor started to fade away to reveal the clothes underneath. While, it wasn’t something that he had expected, managed to keep the shock to himself. What was really drawing the most questions was why a pegasi could perform multiple spells of magic. There was something obviously different than what he expected from Icarus, as if what she hadnt done that the moment she stepped into the lobby. He smirked a bit at the mare’s comment, letting out a small chuckle. The smile formed on his face and stayed “Icarus, how much combat experience do you have? Also, what do you want me to help you with?” He asked since he really hadnt gotten much outside what was asking to be better trained though she would know of all his abilities and profession which helped in her overall choice of picking him.
Back to top Go down
BronzeFog

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 2:14 pm

She shrugged nonchalantly. "A bit." She said, telling a half truth, then smiled. "Mostly, I just want to spar. But if I had to choose...I'd say fighting an opponent with powerful defenses, so I can learn how effective my blade is against them. Or just trying to figure out if my blade has any tricks for that." She joked, grinning. "Also, without my armor, I'm fast and strong, I guess, and I've got stamina, but I can't take too much punishment, so expect me to dodge, but also expect me to accidentally forget not to. And expect me never to be in one spot." She said, giving him friendly advice, as if she was confident she had a chance regardless. She checked her back pocket, and, seeming satisfied, smiled. "Anyway, where shall we begin, Blade? I'm anxious and hate suspense." She grinned, hand toying with the pommel of her sword. The armor's magic was the reason it had morphed from the dress, and to a small, round, very thick, CD-like disc into her back pocket, but it was exactly that. The armor's magic. Not her own. So she was still at full strength until they began to spar.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 12:06 pm

The stallion was a little surprised about how much information he had gotten, especially since he thought she wouldn't really know. It wasnt good to try and teach someone with a bit of experience instead of starting with a complete novice since it meant he would have a harder time to actually teach some things. Still he could try and teach whatever he could, hopefully being a good teacher to his student. He comitplimented Icarus' words for a second before finally going to the nearest down. "You'll see." He said he gestured for her to follow him and was pretty sure that she knew how the process of the doors went.

The stallion's free hand grabbed into the knob of the door as he thought of a large dirt area with walls, their design being off of Japanese architecture, closing the area. A small little stone road cut through straight through the center of the area. The image was complete with the Sun at its peak.
Back to top Go down
BronzeFog

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 1:48 pm

She stood quietly as he complimented her advice, and just mentally shrugged as they walked to the door, understanding it's ways but never having been there before. She walked through after him and examined the area, humming softly, before grinning. "Perfect." She mumbled, and flared out her wings, showing off her massive wingspan, before she folded them back, and looked at Blade, before walking about fifteen feet away from the middle of the area in which they were to spar, and placing her left hand on her sword's handle, smiling benignly at Blade, as if ready for anything, while her right hand stayed at her side for now, wings shifting lightly.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 1:45 am

Blade had kept himself about the same distance away from the center of the arena as his trainee did. He had missed her saying "perfect", but could tell that was ready to take flight. He pondered what other surprises the mare could pull if she actually got in the air as he moved the shield in front of himself with it covering most of his torso, but providing very little protection for his head and legs. It was more of a defensive position though that was expected with a shield. The use of magic crossed his mind, but he quickly turned it down. He wanted to see what the mare could do before he actually went there. "Ready?" He asked, though he already knew the answer to his own question. After, she answered, he charged at her. The stallion titled his shield a little while he moved.
Back to top Go down
BronzeFog

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:22 pm

Icarus gave her answer by drawing her sword, and when he charged, she flared out her left wing, and flapped it, using the force of her massive wing to send a gust of air at him and twirl around to his back left, before swinging the flat of her blade at him, aiming for his right calf before stepping back rapidly, holding her blade with both hands now, looking ready for any attacks he made, and her expression very blank, but her eyes kept flicking over him, watching for the lightest twitches. She did not seem to be fighting in any way different from a Pegasi Swordspony, so far, at least. The rubies on her sword's pommel and hilt began to glow slightly, as if lit from within.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:26 am

The stallion braced himself for the gust, forcing him to stop dead in his tracks. He managed to get a quick glance at her as she moved past his shield arm. The stallion spun in order to make use of the fact that his shield covered a ground area to hit the blade though his leg was already in the midst of moving to the other side of his body because of the turn. His right foot landed onto the ground and like his left it kept on its toes, ready to rush forward. He didn't do so because of the fact that Icarus hadn't continue the attack and gave him some time to notice her blade. He ultimately guessed for some type of ranged attack, probably being something as simple as a bolt of energy. Blade kept his body tense so that he could bounce in whatever way he could to avoid the next attack.
Back to top Go down
BronzeFog

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:48 am

Icarus soon smiled, and spread her wings and flapped them once to rapidly launch straight over and at him, swinging her blade in an arc to slash at his back, though she fully expected him to be able to react in time, but she did not stop there, as she landed her blade's gems stopped glowing as a chain of light fired out towards his left leg, it's purpose to hold that leg to the ground beneath it, if it missed, it would stay where it landed, hidden in the ground, until someone stepped on it, though the way she aimed made it so it would land a few feet behind him, and the chains only lasted around fifteen seconds. She immediately lashed out towards him, sword arcing towards him to try to force him back.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Blade readied himself and prepared to defend against the strike by quickly turning around to swat the attack again. The moment Icarus seemed to be landing on the ground again, Blade covered his shield with a construct. Once, the mare landed he threw his shield at her though was somewhat surprised by the chain that came at him just after he threw his weapon. If the thing didn't hit his shield which pointed upward it would most likely hit the mare's gut and face at the same time before bouncing off. The stallion would jerk his leg in an attempt to break free of the magical chain if he was caught and would look at the mare to she what she was doing, covering himself in a construct to defend if Icarus stuck with attacking him. His arm would move in first and grunted a little as he took the blow.
Back to top Go down
BronzeFog

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 7:34 pm

She saw the shield come at her, and slashed her sword at it to alter it's course, sidestepping and turning to the left, and wincing as she barely got out of the way in time. She then had a split second to realize her chain had got him, and she then immediately shot forward, wing instead of her sword lashing out to ram into his gut, before the other wing flapped to send her to his left side, before she'd swing her blade again, the flat aimed to daze him by slapping the back of his head, though she held back a little. After that, her internal counter ran out before the chain dissolved, after having held tight to Blade's leg.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Blade watched as the mare went to throw her winged punched at him, which had taken him off guard at first. It didn't make him stop from defending himself in a similar way since he was going to use his arm to swat away the blade while moving himself away at first. He had even lessened the risk of being hurt by the blade by covering his upper body with a solid green light. Blade would use his right to knock the wing away by hooking his underneath and pushing it so that it would overextend. Normally he would use the forward momentum to his advantage and the possible overextension, but he had taken his only step he could take with his free limb and he also had to defend himself against the strike coming at his head. He defended against it fairly easily by moving his arm in the way to take the hit and was surprised he hadn't felt the sharpness against the construct and how weak it felt. While the mare seemed thin when he first saw, she had to have a good amount of strength to carry her armor so easily.
Back to top Go down
BronzeFog

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:12 am

As her wing was pushed out to overextend, she instead curled it at him rapidly before yanking it back, taking a few steps back quietly and observing him, sword resting on her shoulder. "Hmm..." She noted his constructs and their defensive nature, and looked at her sword, the ruby gleaming once again. She smirked and bolted forward, before swinging her blade and stopping, the arc of the blade would not come within a foot of him, but a crescent of energy was formed from the arc, and after a jab of her sword, it flew at Blade rapidly. The mare then continued forward, swinging her blade at only his constructs, the razor-like edge of her longsword slashing against them violently. With another spell, she yanked his shield towards herself, catching it with a smirk as she slipped it over her arm and continued, every move leaving her ready to defend a counter, her eyes always on his arms, legs, and horn.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 1:21 am

The stallion took a deep breath as he added more energy to his construct in order to have it cover more of himself. He took note of the fact that Icarus' sword was glowing again and with the smirk, he guessed that another binding was about to come. Blade readied himself to move away as the mare rushed towards him, but then she suddenly stopped to creat her crescent. The brief moment it took for her to send it flying towards was enough for him to send one of his own to collide with it. It was made quickly by him simply swing his arm at it and had a piece of his construct leave him, the entire part that was covering his left arm. He had hoped that Icarus' attack would explode from contact since his would. If she kept with her charge, he would start to hop and dance around to avoid the blade as if he wasn't protected by his constructs. Sadly, the taking of his shield was a mistake. The shield was still covered in his construct, something that he controlled, and had it push back in order to throw her arm back to knock her off balance possibly even opening her body for a quick attack. If it did or not he would finally go on the offensive and strike at her gut with his right as his left was raised, only the underpart of his arm not being covered by his construct, in order to order a defense against a slash to his head or shoulders. He kept low to the ground and seemed to be using his legs in order to further push him into the strike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trainer and Trainee (Private)   Trainer and Trainee (Private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trainer and Trainee (Private)
Page 1 of 1