OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

It Takes All Kinds [private]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 3:22 am

Cherry Jubilee would nod her head. "Have yourself a good night as well." She would return back to her head. She flipped the page and then made a 'hmmm' noise and then mumbled to herself. "maybe I could give that a try to make the cherry's more succulent."

The Maid currently was in Kimi's room checking on her.

The list that Sugary was given was just a bunch of chores that needed to be taken care off;

1. Repair the broken door on the warehouse.
2. Clean out the gutters
3. Collect the broken branches throughout the grove and toss them into the shredder.
4. Take the bagged mulch from the Warehouse to the front to be picked up by Melvin Mulches.
5. Fix the broken window in the warehouse.
6. Tractor needs to be refueled.
Back to top Go down
http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 4:13 am

Sugary would read the relatively short list, thinking to himself how to prioritize the order as they were in case they were actually written down at random with equal importance.

He'd seek out the maid as intended, and since the maid was in Kimi's room, he would beckon her out to the hall quietly so as to make sure not to talk too much next to Kimi. "Pardon, I just wanted to ask... Where can I wash my clothes around here? Also, where could I get the materials for dealing with some of these tomorrow? It's a chore list Cherry gave to me." He'd also occasionally look to Kimi as she rested, wondering if she really was feeling better as she slept.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 4:24 am

The Maid is a sweet mare, fairly short in stature, but quite cute. she also wears large circle frame glasses. Her mane is green and cut short, her tail green as well and cut short. currently she wears a typical black and white maid outfit.

She would look to Sugary and give him a broad smile. "Oh? well as far as cleaning your cloths is concerned we have a wash room downstairs in the back in the servants quarters. Just down the stairs, straight past the living room down the hall and it'll be the door all the way in the back."

She would look at the list of chores and she would smile. "Most of the materials will already be on site, sir."

Kimi would still be laying on the bed, sound asleep. She was covered with a blanket to keep her warm.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Perhaps it was a trick of the light, or perhaps he saw a different servant earlier when asking about where Cherry was, but the maid he was talking to was all kinds of adorable to Sugary that he had a hard time not blushing the more he looked at her. "Maybe my luck with mares ain't that bad after all if this one's such a delightfully helpful doll too!" Happy to have gotten all he needed to know, and seeing Kimi was about as well as could be expected, he returned the maid's smile with his own. "Thank you so much, Miss. I'll get on that right away." And with a short curt bow, he left the maid's side to do just as intended.

Holding his Inventory in his grasp while looking about the servants quarters, he would seek out the washroom for use as well. He'd also try to seek out anyone who stuck about long enough for him to have a conversation with once he got there. "Maybe someone here can tell me something about the Badlands...? May as well start gathering more info while I can."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 2:31 am

As it stands at this time of night there weren't many that were still up to speak with about the Badlands. Though what are the chances Sugary would walk into someone who knew about them? Only ones that seemed to be up were Cherry Jubilee, who was leaving soon, and the maid, who was busy with her work.

The maid would give Sugary a bow as he headed off to do his laundry. "Glad to be of assistance, Sir." With that she would continue to do her work, cleaning the house, doing the dishes, typical maid things. Appropriate maid things.

There wasn't much else to do this night.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 3:53 am

Sugary would eventually leave his used clothes and washable belongings in place as he moved about, disappointed in that there didn't seem to be anyone worth talking to aside from Cherry and the maid. Not being one intended on wasting time, he thought to make good of what little there was, and sought out Cherry once more, if only to try and ask her to see if she knew anything at all about the Badlands, or could at least point out to someone that might know. He wouldn't expect her to talk much, if at all, but regardless of what she did or didn't tell him, he'd see her off either way. It was the least he could do.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 10:38 pm

Cherry Jubilee by this point was already heading out the door. If Sugary wanted to tell her something he better catch up with her. Outside there was a carriage waiting to take Cherry Jubilee to her destination. Two ponies were strapped to the front of the carriage ready to pull once their client was on board.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 11:53 pm

Sugary practically trotted out to catch up with Cherry, already feeling apologetic for what he was about to ask of her. "Cherry! Wait a sec, please!"

Once he actually caught up with her, he'd walk alongside her so as to not really hold her up too much if he could help it. "I'm terribly sorry to ask last minute, but you're from around here and I'm not... Could you tell me who knows about the Badlands here well? Once I got spare time tomorrow, I'd like to ask whoever I need to get my bearings right once I set out again with Lotus... I'll understand if you can't answer, however." He was hopeful, but he didn't want to push it with her either. All he wanted was a good path to follow if he could get to it.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 11:56 pm

"Oh Hello, Suga' " she stated as she stood on the foothold for the carriage entrance as she would take into consideration of what he stated. "I don't rightly know myself. The Badlands are just best to be kept avoided. Least from the stories I've heard since I was youngin'. Though if you wanted to know anything about it, your best bet would be to speak with the elderly. They've been the ones around here the longest. You could start with Lift Lever tomorrow. If that is all I need to get going and I can't afford to be late."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 12:27 am

"Lift Lever... I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, and have a nice trip, Cherry." Having gotten what he asked for, Sugary slowly began to step away while waving farewell. "I'm gonna miss that sunny wake up call of yours tomorrow though! Stay beautiful, ya hear?" Her bubbly self has made such a good impression on him that it was hard for him to not appreciate it even as she went away.

Once the farewell was done, he'd make his way back into the big home to check on his clothes, finish up the cleaning as needed, dried, and organized as he saw fit. Afterwards, he'd settle back into his room, get bare again out of habit, and doze off for the night, hoping to get a good early start the next day... and perhaps even see Kimi awake again at some point.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 2:16 am

Cherry Jubilee would only giggle and nod her head and wave farewell as Sugary gave her a rather nice compliment. "Have yourself a wonderful night, Suga." with that she entered the carriage and you would hear a knock from the carriage and the two that were strapped to the carriage would become aware and nod their heads and start to trot off. It took off as a stead pace, gradually it would disappear in the distance.

For now the rest of the night would come and go without a problem. The next day would come in smoothly. The Maid was up extremely early like normal to begin work on her duties for the day and she'd even swing by Sugary's room to knock on his door to give him a wake up call so he too could get started on his chores.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 3:28 am

And so, another day began. And so, Sugary would rise from his slumber, feeling better and refreshed, or at least less exhausted and sore, as he woke up less abruptly this time. He was glad it was more tame, but he already missed Cherry's way since it also meant he didn't quite shoot up like last time. "Routine is nice, but where's the surprise...?"

He got ready as he put on the clothes from the day before briefly, and walked out to see if the maid had more to say, or was simply there to wake him. He'd also look by Kimi's room the first chance he got to see how she was before going for a shower.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 12:12 pm

The Maid was just a simple moe-maid doing her job. She goes about her routine as she was ordered to because it's her job. It made the bits to keep her alive day-to-day. It wasn't a bad job either and Cherry was a great boss. She would greet Sugary and tell him that she had prepared him some breakfast and that it would be in the dining room. Unless Sugary had any specific questions she would bow her head and continue with her chores for she was a very busy moe-maid.

Kimi would still be in the bed laying down looking the same as when he put her down in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Sugary had been inclined to hug the maid once she told him breakfast was ready. It never went beyond just a thought though, but she seemed very huggable, so anyone in his place would understand the desire for it.

With Kimi still resting, he could at least know she was alright still after quickly checking on her. He then went over to shower, have his meal, tell the maid how good it was and thank her for it if he saw her along the way, and then make his way outside to the warehouse as he read the chore list. He decided to go looking for the tractor gasoline first, as he was assuming someone would be wanting to use it soon in the property, and then follow it by taking out the mulch bags for Mulch in the event he arrived early as well... Assuming there was more than one entrance to the warehouse that wasn't just a broken door to do so...
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 9:50 pm

The Moe-Maid didn't have anything else to add as she just went about her business.

Kimi laid in the bed much the same as before. Though she didn't feel as cold, IF Sugary touched her skin.

The Tractor itself was inside the barn, which was a little ways away from the warehouse with the broken window. Much like the day before there were several workers out an about doing their jobs on the farm, some doing their jobs in the warehouses. When Sugary had gotten there, he wouldn't see anyone waiting on the tractor and he arrived too early to meet with Melvin Mulches.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 12:40 am

Seeing that Sugary had little to keep him from performing, he would begin by refueling the tractor as soon as he spotted gas for it near the barn, or the warehouse itself as needed, looking for whichever door was broken while doing so. Once he got to dealing with the gas, he'd proceed getting all of the mulch out carefully where needed, but fairly quickly over time with the aid of levitation.

Having done that, he'd then proceed to go about looking for the shredder machine so as to make use of it before he began tossing branches into it. While looking for the machine, he'd look to the sky proper to see what the weather was really like at the moment...
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 1:13 pm

As Sugary began his chores, a couple of the workers there would give him an occasional hellos. Some thanking him for helping out.

Like the Maid had stated the needed materials would be located on site, so the fuel for the tractor was going to be in the same location where the tractor was. The Mare that was going to need the tractor was going to appear later in the day, so for now it was refueled and ready to go whenever she needed it. The barn and the warehouse are two different locations, so refueling and looking for the broken door wouldn't happen, unless Sugary went over to the warehouse.

The Shredder was located outside the barn around it's backside. It was a simple shredder, you press the button to turn it on. The blades insides start to spin rapidly, and you have one opening to toss the branches in to get shredded, with the other opening being the exit for the shredded branches, which would dispense into a dumpster. The dumpster was half-full.

the weather for now was partly-cloudy. Far off in the distance were some dark clouds, but it was too far to tell if it was just perspective that was making them dark or not.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Sugary would kindly wave back and continue about with the early morning chores after verifying the machines and the weather as it were. Since the shredding machine looked easy enough to use, he'd hurry along to gather as many branches as he could and get to placing them in the machine was he turned it on. While doing so, he'd make sure not to overflow the storage, or he'd just be making more of a mess. He'd also be mindful not to bump into the others nor trip on branches himself lest he fall on a shrub himself.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 12:08 am

For the most part things were going swimmingly given that Sugary was doing his chores out of order, but it was getting done none the less. When Sugary was done with the shredding the dumpster would be mostly full. So it would be a good thing to shut off the shredder, put the cover on it's shredding entrance just to avoid any accidents and then put the cover on the dumpster.

There still left the door to the warehouse to fix and fixing the broken window. As well as Cleaning out the gutters.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 11:02 am

Having completed the task of clearing the field for the others to work on, Sugary turned off the machine and closed the entrance of the rather intimidating set of destructive parts further in. He'd also close the top of the container as he figured it wouldn't take too strong a gust of wind to blow out some of what was stored in it and undo his efforts.

Since he was done with what he thought of as things worth doing more routinely, it was time to deal with what was thought of as the more circumstantial. He'd start with the gutters by seeking them out. He wasn't above using his own hands or magic to tug away at it if he had to, but if he needed something specific, he'd go looking for it, asking about if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 7:02 pm

All the buildings had gutters. They lined the rooftops of each of the buildings. some were more obvious that others that they were filled with gunk. It happens every often so they needed to be cleaned out once every couple months or so.

Within the barn there were available gloves and spare bags to throw the gutter trash in. Sugary could ask just about anyone where the supplies were and they would most happily tell him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 9:46 pm

Sugary would have had an easy time just looking around and just asking around for what he needed, but a little gust of wind was all it took to mess with what might have been yet another mundane task. He yelped and sneezed as a twig from the bundle of branches he took lightly jabbed him in the eye that got stuck to his mane along with a bit of grounded wood due to being so close to the machine that tore it all grazed his muzzle. He mostly just snorted and chuckled it off as he gently rubbed his face while walking, making sure to shake himself off of whatever else he might have in both mane and tail, conjured a red ribbon out of his Inventory, and bound his mane into a quick ponytail. "Has it really been that long since I worked at the farmland back at home...? And here I thought I was being cautious."

Brief distraction over, he went about quickly looking for, asking for, and gathering materials needed to get to work, and would then head over to whichever the tallest building was that had any gutters to clean up. He'd even try to make use of any vantage he could get from up high to make sure he saw where all the others were while getting to work.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Over time the gutters would be cleaned out by Sugary. this probably took the most time given that the buildings weren't all small.

A good amount of time would pass when the gutters were finally cleaned and there were a few bags filled with gutter trash. All that was left was fixing the door to the warehouse and the window in the warehouse as well.

By now it was midday and time for break. So the workers inside the warehouse would not be working and just hanging about eating their lunch and talking with each other.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 1:29 am

The work was comparably tougher and dirtier, but it was gratifying for Sugary to help out as needed in exchange for his own needs, even if he did have a mild lingering aroma of gutter gunk upon him by the end of it.

After finding a place to put the bags in, he'd go about next to the warehouse to deal with the final tasks of the day, as well as finally meet up with the one that Cherry herself had recommended. "Hm... Looks like I made a good call saving the warehouse for last. Maybe he'll be willing to talk a bit during lunch break?" He'd try to get close enough for conversation while looking for the door that was broken if it was within view. "Excuse me... Mr. Lever? Think you can spare a quick chat for me?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 1:40 am

Lift Lever was currently laughing with his co-workers. Amongst them he was the eldest pony there. He has a simple lunch, nothing to fancy, and not to heavy. He would adjust his glasses when he heard his name and he'd looked toward's Sugary. "Hm? What was that?" he stated a moment and then took a glance at Sugary noticing who he was.

"Ah, you're the new kid, Miss Jubilee told us about. The one who will be here for a few days, right? What was it again? Something with candy...."

He rubbed his chin. "Taffy! Ah yes, Taffy...you know those get stuck in your teeth. So what is it, Taffy?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It Takes All Kinds [private]
Page 18 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next