OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Settling Down (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 4:05 am

Despite her clearly contemptuous and dismissive reaction to Calliope, Sword would see that Tetti winces very slightly as Sword piles on with his cutting remarks to the noblemare. Calliope's only reaction as the guard forcibly guides her down the hall away from them is a glare but one directed at Tetti instead of Sword.
"Sword, it's..." She sighs. "Calliope and the family she's the latest scion of serves a function. They in fact serve an important function and when they get their feathers ruffled, they stop being as useful." She smirks a little. "C'mon... do you really think that a race who goes out of their way to accommodate what they think is someone with a serious phobia, just because there's a rumor that they need to, tolerates racists like Calliope's family for fun? No, love, they have a purpose and that is to see to the infrastructure of Scarabi. Calliope's family is one of the two that look after food; the Dune family, the one that that bistro owner Callista belongs to, is the other one. You can easily guess which one is the more popular and loved by common pony and royalty alike but Calliope's family does do their job and they do it very well. As long as their egos are stroked and we don't dropkick them too hard, all is well. Telling off the daughter that even they see as a bit of a brat is one thing; talking loudly about how benighted racist nobility are a thing of the past is another."
"Not that they are not, Princess Tettidora." Tetti slows at the gravely and elderly-sounding stallion who emerges from behind the doors leading to the throne room as she and Sword approach and inclines her head to him with polite respect, a gesture he returns. If Sword has ever met Fancy Pants, the changeling stallion might remind him of the monocle-wearing noble. This stallion is visibly elderly and very slightly chubby but the cut of his fine formal suit is similar to the cut that Fancy Pants wears and while he encloses his monocle in a thick brass fitting, he wears it over the same eye.
"Of course Earl," Tetti says, smiling to the stallion. "But we can't pull a cog from the machine just because it's not as shiny as we might like."
"Damned shame, and all too true." The earl looks Sword over. "And who might this handsome fellow be?"
"Sword Symphony sir," Tetti says. "Sword, this is Earl Tannabaum du Dune, Callista's father."
"Good to meet you, Mister Symphony." The Earl says, giving a small nod as if registering his approval of what he sees. "I hope I don't presume too much to say that you seem a fine fit for our royal family's pigtailed scholar."
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 8:18 pm

"Providing a service to society doesn't entail one to special privilege in my mind love. My perception may be slightly skewed as without Celestia and Luna, the sun and moon would not rise. Anypony can handle the distribution of goods and services, it doesn't make them special, or deserving of some false class of nobility. Royalty serve a different purpose in governance and representation. Tolerating my presence in the city improves diplomatic relations with a foregin country. Tolerating the racism of a replaceable bureaucrat does not. Having spent a fair bit of my career... cleaning up after the messes of supposed nobility, they hold a place of special contempt in my mind. " Sword would reply in kind to her, stopping in front of the elder who appeared before him "And before me stands a rarity. A noble with a sense of foresight and humility. A pleasure to meat you, Earl Tannabarum" Sword would dip his head slightly in a show of respect. "I hope you're correct, Earl. Thus far we seem to mesh quite well." He'd playfully bump Tetti with his flank before continuing. "Any secrets I should know?"
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 11:55 pm

The earl visibly considers this as Tetti's cheeks slowly reddened in a blush, the anticipation of what he could possibly say clearly making her think of all the things on the list. "Mmm... well, she lives in a library with a rather extensive collection of anatomical, physiological, psychological, and other information from which she could infer a reasonable 'Pony Sutra', although I've no doubt that she has a copy of that rather... crass volume of sexual advice. Really, diagrammatic explanations?" He tsks. "And she shares a common heritage with a very colorful younger sister, both in the sense of having tattoos where tattoos ought not be and in terms of creative potential, although that's hardly a secret." As Tetti blushes more, he takes another moment to turn Sword's question over in his mind. "I fear that court gossip is so effectively consumed with Lepinora, no doubt the princess' intention given that she is a far cleverer girl than most know, that it has very little time to spare devising humiliating bon mots for Tettidora."
"Although we do try my dear Tannabarum." Just over the earl's shoulder Sword could see an elderly female changeling who's quite obviously a noble and quite obviously has absolutely no sense of self-restraint as she appears to be covered head to hoof in finery and jewelry, even wearing a spiraling silver-and-turquoise piece on her horn. "Princess Tettidora."
"Baroness du Luc," Tetti acknowledged her with a polite nod.
The extremely gaudy baroness nods back before looking over Sword. "Well, isn't this a specimen. Rather broken-down and wasted."
Tetti sighed. "Sword Symphony, Baroness Camri du Luc, grandmother of the charming specimen we just passed by."
The baroness sighed. "Speaking of crass, Tannanbarum..."
"I've one like her as well, although I'm pleased that he's a nephew," the earl says, patting one of the gaudy noblemare's many bangles.
"Mmm." The baroness returns to looking Sword over. "Broken down but still serviceable. Not gone to seed at all--quite the boon--and he has the proper hoi polloi contempt for his betters, and quite the loose tongue if my hearing bears me out."
Tetti frowns at her. "Baroness, please."
She sighs in an overly exaggerated manner. "Very well my dear, just for you. I don't suppose this is the rake who talked down my brat?"
"I believe that gentlestallion's name was Sugary Market, Camri," the earl says.
"Pity." She shrugs. "At least he's healthy, no doubt virile, and I've always been personally partial to birds. Such gorgeous plumage."
She deftly steps around the earl, Tetti, and Sword, jangling vigorously as she walks down the hall. Tetti sighs and shakes her head. "I can hardly blame your poor opinion of nobility, love..."
"Ponies are ponies, Princess," the earl shrugs. "Like power, wealth makes a pony more of what they already are. You would be a bookworm shut-in no matter how rich you were and I've no doubt that Mister Symphony would be the same stallion he is now regardless of how weighed with riches. It would amuse me to see what he does with immense wealth, though."
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 10:52 am

"I've seen that collection in person, its quite impressive. As is the sheer depravity of that sister of hers. That little minx costed me a 100 bit bottle of single malt scotch. Granted, she paid for it five times over again, but still, its the principle of the matter." Hearing the approach of the gaudy noblewoman long before he'd see her, Sword sighed. "Speaking of things I'm against on principle..." he muttered under his breath as the Baroness approached. "Broken down and wasted...." He rolled those words around his his head for a minute, expression darkening. "I'd say its a pleasure to meet you, but its certainly anything but that for me, and I doubt you've had the pleasure of any stallion in quite some time." Noting Tetti informing him of the relation, he continued. "Well I'd make a comment about Nature vs Nurture, but this family has thrown me for a loop dear. And as for contempt for my betters..." Sword would adopt a fairly cutting tone. "You certainly are not among them. Were this a different time and place, you'd likely be amongst my nomina victis. Move along. My well of patience has been taxed with you and your ilk."

As the Baroness would saunter off, Sword would emit a groan of exasperation. "By the moon, if I have to deal with another racist noble today, I swear I will exterminate their entire genetic line. As for what I'd do with immense wealth Earl, I would do no different as I do now. There is no amount of bits in the world that can buy the things I desire, and my most treasured possession does not have a price. I would live comfortably as I do now, and would squander the rest of my wealth on things the well-to-do would generally consider beneath them, such as funding orphanages like the one I was raised in, or paying off the debts of people who got in too deep with the wrong sort of people. But I no longer wish to discuss wealth or status, it has left a rather bitter taste in my mouth so far. Let us continue on our way with what we set out to do today, meeting your family love."
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 9:10 am

Unlike her granddaughter who was dragged away sputtering. Baroness du Luc just looks steadily at Sword we he replies to her, her expression locked into something like idle interest but without any apparent sign of being offended. When he finishes, she looks at Tetti, back at him, Tetti again, before her face splits into a grin and as she goes away clanking rather enthusiastically, Sword could hear her chuckling. Tetti appears mildly taken-aback by the reaction but, notably, she doesn't seem all that surprised.
"I'm afraid getting the ire of someone who's been hearing and shrugging off criticism and insults for about eighty years requires a bit more effort than that, Sword Symphony," the earl comments as he watches the baroness walk off. "But yes, you've had your time wasted enough by bratty and unpleasant nobility. Scoot along, meet the queen and crown prince, I'm sure they'll be delighted at you."
"Thank you, Earl du Dune," Tetti says to him with a quick bow of politeness.
He chuckled. "I've just stood here and spoken, Princess, not done anything important. But I shall happily accept the gratitude as polite compliment, and thank you for it." He glances to Sword. "I'm pleased to hear that you would do good with wealth if wealth you had. The tragedy is, there will always be more hungry, orphaned, sick, despairing, unschooled, impoverished, crippled, and needful ponies than there will ever be the wealth to lift them up and give them the basic things that everyone ought to have. All we can be is just in our own time, and do our best. Especially nobility... it's our fundamental obligation, after all."
With that, the earl starts his way down the corridor in the same direction the baroness went. When he's out of earshot, Tetti looks to Sword. "A suggestion, love: bringing up the fact that you had nomina victis and that you'd happily add an entire bloodline of ponies to it if they drew your ire, might not be the best way to impress my parents. The earl politely ignored it, the baroness has been at this long enough to see idle talk coming a mile away and shrug it off, but my parents, especially Mother, are pretty protective of their subjects, even horseapples like the du Luc family."

The throne room turns out to be a long and very tall room with polished tiles of black marble coating the floor, to better reflect the colorful images of stained glass that make up most of the walls and all of the ceiling. Many of the scenes depicted in the throne room at Canterlot are also shown here, with stylized representations of the changelings finding the site that would become Scarabi and building their city there. Large basalt pillars support the massive stained glass and break it up into sections and beside where each pillar and arch meet the ground, more of the Honor Guard they'd met in the corridor stand by. Unlike the emotionless and stoic Royal Guard, they watch Sword with obvious curiosity and interest as he ans Tetti enter.
Queen Chrysalis is reclining on the larger of two thrones in the center of an arch composed of six, each one containing the cutie mark of the royal it's meant to seat. Sword would recognize Tetti's cutie mark on the throne furthest to their left, laying to the right of the slightly smaller central throne occupied by the changeling stallion that's clearly Tetti's father. He wears armor that contrasts vividly with his black chitin, silvery white metal with golden filigree and a black tabard hung around his neck bearing his cutie mark. His mane is such a bluish aquamarine that it's hard to tell that it's greenish at all unless one looks closely, and even laying on his throne, he has the bearing of military. His wife, on the other hoof, is clad in a simple red robe with a heart-shaped red jewel in a golden necklace around her neck. Her distinctly green-blue mane cascades off her head freely and she's presently not wearing a crown or any symbol of her royal authority. As Sword and Tetti approach the throne, her eyes follow Sword fixedly, giving him a slow once-over. The Crown Prince, on the other hand, smiles broadly at seeing Tetti and leaves his throne, trotting over to sweep her into a hug.
"Tettidora," he says, sounding markedly similar to the early they'd met at the doors to the throne room. "How are you, my little girl?"
Tetti embraces her father back. "Pretty good. Calliope runs her mouth, her mother is a nasty piece of work."
"Baroness du Luc lacks our enthusiasm for rejoining the kingdom of Equestria with all the other 'lost' kingdoms still floating out there," the crown prince says. "She prefers her family's near-monopolies that have made them quite wealthy, but Camri has never been the one to do something as obvious and crass as mouth off during a council meeting."
"Like much of the nobility, she will inevitably be ground beneath the wheels of an oncoming future." Queen Chrysalis looked between Sword, her husband, and Tetti. "I sense introductions are in order."
"Mother, Father, Sword Symphony." Tetti says with a broad smile. "Sword, my mother and father, Queen and Crown Prince of the  monarchy."
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 8:30 pm

"I care not if I gained her ire, I simply wish for that stuffy cunt to buck off." Sword would reply once the Baroness would finally remove herself. "And as long as I have improved the lives of a few, I'll pass happy into the afterlife knowing that I did what I could. But idle talk about charitable giving aside, I bid you a pleasant day Earl. Perhaps next time we meet will be under more pleasant circumstances, perhaps with a drink in hoof." Nodding respectfully at the Earl when he took his leave. "I dealt with the Baroness in the same way I dealt with Canterlot nobility. No doubt the Baroness will take a cursory look into my purposefully non-existent background, and upon finding a blank sheet for the past 25 years, if she has half a brain, she'll connect the dots and not bother me. Nopony ignores the basic social niceties in favor of blatant insults to the consort of their royalty, and escapes entire unscathed. At least not where I'm from anyways. In regards to your parents though love, I would never say such words in front of them. Were they not your parents, they would still command the respect due to any royal family of a nation. Since they are your parents, I'll be on by best behavior."

Walking into the throne room with her, Sword would feel a slight sense of deja vu from the highly familiar architecture. Ignoring the Honor Guard, his attention would be focused on the pair of monarchs sitting in the center of the six thrones, sizing him up as he approached with Tetti. Moving slightly to the side as her father approached, he'd smile at their affectionate greeting, waiting for her to introduce him rather than interrupting them.

As Tetti introduced him, he'd bow low. "Its an honor to finally meet you." was all he could think to say for the moment, not wanting to say something foolish.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 9:40 pm

Queen Chrysalis would smile very slightly at him as he bows and proclaims it an honor to finally meet herself and her husband. "And it's a pleasure to meet you as well, Sword, although I can't quite say that it's a pleasure to finally meet you, since Tetti left on a trip with her sisters but two weeks ago, and has never been very good at keeping secrets." She looks him up and down again. "Nor could I imagine her being able to keep a stallion like you a secret even if she was talented in that regard."
"Well, I'm glad to finally meet you Sword Symphony, however long you've know my second-youngest," Auron says, glancing back and giving his wife a cheeky grin. "We'd half feared that Tetti would marry a book, partly to amuse herself, partly because she'd know all too well that marrying inanimate objects is not contemplated at all in any manner of marriage provision."
"Although Épater la noblesse is much more Lepinora's style," Chrysalis chuckled. "Oh, the public fits Camri would have would be legendary. Alas, the only camera in the city at the moment had an unfortunate encounter with The Trio's list and needed to get the lens replaced. How you crack a camera's internal lens without damaging the exterior, I can scarce imagine."
"I understand the Equestrian version somehow moved a house with the power of a love-besotted stallion pursuing the object of his ardor," Tetti says. "Although I'm sure Lepi was joking about that."
"One can only hope," Chrysalis says with a shudder. "Ah, Auron, were we ever that young?"
"According to Thalia, love, you and her conspired to set the observatory on fire after she 'borrowed' a flask of absinthe from an alchemist's shop," Auron says. "I believe she said you thought the telescope was a... firework?"
Chrysalis blinks and her cheeks redden very lightly. "My youngest sister says a lot of things."
Auron smirks and looks to Sword. "Apologies for getting diverted, Mister Symphony. We are both pleased to meet you, especially in the context of your apparent relationship with our second-youngest."
"I take it that you've already been acclimated to the, how shall we say, more diplomatically challenging elements of the royal court?" Chrysalis' eyes twinkle a little. "I wish to formally apologize for Camri du Luc. And Callista du Luc. And every other member of their delightful bloodline with a name starting with 'c' which appears to be... well, all of them." She pauses and gives him a rather level look. "And no, Sword, none of them are named 'cunt'."
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 3:33 am

Sword would scratch his head nervously and give her a sheepish grin. "Ummm.. yeah... We did kinda hole up for around a week or so. Took a trip to Canterlot for a day before she brought me to her home. And yeah," His sheepish look turned to a smirk. "For being a changeling, and a supposed specialist in transformation magic, she's an awful actor. Still, again, its a pleasure to meet you two. A far better impression than Lepinora made."

Upon her fathers remark, Sword snorted as he tried to contain a full on belly rolling laugh. "Well... *snrk* you could...hehehe.. say that's a.... *snrk* novel idea." And with that, he'd have himself a good deep laugh at his horrible pun, before wiping his eyes and looking back to the Queen and Prince. "Well if you so desire I could procure another camera from Equestria if you wish... although I would not put it past Lepinora to have one hidden away somewhere for... *ahem* special moments." Letting the couple veer off for a moment, he shook his head when they turned back to him. "No apology needed. And again, thank you. Your daughter is something special, that's for sure.

As Queen Chrysalis brings up his encounter with the nobility, his jovial demeanor would diminish slightly. "Yes, I've met a few members of your court, although you seem to have knowledge of this encounter just a few scant moments after its happened. Too soon for someone to have scampered off and told you all the details, which leads me to believe you have some kind of remote viewing on everything you wish within your realm. Although your apology is appreciated, I think you missed a c in ther-" As she guesses what he's about to say, he chuckles. "Way to steal a joke right from my mouth. Can you read minds too?"
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Both parent chuckle at Sword's observation that Tetti is a poor actor. "One of the side effects of living in a library and her only reality being her books," Chrysalis says.
"As much as Lepinora has done her very best to traumatize the poor thing into reality." Auron grinned toothily. "Resulting in our dearest youngest having to learn to be very good at flying as a survival mechanism. At least we eventually no longer needed to replace a random library window every third day."
Tetti blushes fiercely under the combined teasing of her stallionfriend and her parents. "It wasn't every third day," she says sulkily.
"She has a point darling." Chrysalis grinned widely as well. "It was every other day."
Tetti buries her face in her hooves, although Sword could tell that she's being dramatic and is partly facehoofing to muffle her laughter as she's being needled. The royal couple take a few moments to enjoy this before Sword does his pun. The reaction of both queen and crown prince is to stop smiling and give him curious looks as Tetti continues her crusade to quash her blush and stop herself from laughing.
"That was..." Chrysalis started.
"...abyssmal," Auron concluded.
"He is not a punny pony."
"Definitely a dull edge to his sword."
"Certainly a sour note in his symphony."
Both look at him. "That was bad."
"And you should feel bad."
And then both grin and Chrysalis says "I think, Sword Symphony, you'll fit in perfectly here."
Sword's observation about how quickly she became aware of his encounter, supposing that she had remote viewing and could read minds, causes Chrysalis to stop grinning and smile slightly, chuckling ruefully. "I have no power to read minds, any more than any other pony who can magically taste emotions and have trained my mind to notice subtle indicators of speech and motion that reveal a state of mind. A vital skill in any court and one that keeps even the most unpleasant nobles honest and respectful." She nods towards the Honor Guard. "Although professional soldiers in the very best armor and armaments also tends to keep things polite, despite the fact that there has yet to be a need for them to intervene in all my long life."
"That's what the retired sergeant with combat honors is for," Auron says pleasantly. "It's a damnable game but if our court didn't imitate the notable feature of the Equestrian court, a nobility that represents the vital interests of the people however imperfectly, and an open acceptance of even the most humble citizen, we could hardly measure ourselves against the court of the Dual Thrones."
"The price of power is to use it well, and the spawn of Camri du Luc and her kind are the consequence of the great responsibility that comes with the great power of a throne, and all laws being the declarations of the queen for no other reason than that she is the queen." She taps her right ear. "A queen that is also not above cheating a little to listen to how a stranger interacts with the extremes of her court, the nobelesse oblige inherent in Tannenbaum du Dune and the haughty aristocratic hubris inherent in Camri du Luc." She smirks. "Also the spoiled bratty tantrum-throwing of Calliope du Luc, although she is so predictable that I don't need to listen beyond the doors to know her exact behavior, and how a stallion to whom she is an insect in comparison to the things he's seen and done dealt with her snottiness."
"Speaking of such, Sword, we should like to hear from yourself from whence you come and to where you go." Auron settles back into his throne, giving Sword a steady and watchful look. "Tettidora has always been the daughter whose judgement we trust the most, but I'd be a poor father if I didn't know more about the stallion she's brought into her life and her bed." He nods towards the guards. "If any of it is very sensitive or private, we could ask that the room be cleared so that whatever is said is between just the four of us."
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 7:39 pm

As Chrysalis and Auron returned fire with puns equally as terrible as his own, but in more volume, Sword facehooved heavily. "Oh my goddess they're as bad as I am...." he mumbled. "Glad to hear it, although lets promise to never make puns that bad again, lest dear Tetti's hooves become permanently glued to her face."

Listening to the Queen chuckle at his observation, he nodded. "A good guard does tend to keep even the most unpleasant individuals tongue in check, lest they be ejected from the room on their hindquarters post haste. As for your similarity to the Equestrian Court, you've done a remarkable job I'd say, right down to the pleasant royalty and the haughty nobility. If I didn't no better, I'd swear you'd imported a few of ours and just gave them a makeover. And I'd hardly call it cheating. Spying on an unknown quantity to ascertain their general demeanor is simple common sense I'd say."

Once Auron decided to inquire as to his past, present and future Sword would adopt an uncomfortable expression, scratching the back of his head for a moment. "I'd come prepared to answer such questions, as uncomfortable as it may be. And yes, most of it is rather sensitive, so clearing the room would be a much required task before I can elaborate on myself, so please, do dismiss everyone but current royalty." Allowing however much time this task would require, he would then carry on.

"As you know, my name is Sword Symphony. For the last 6 years I served as Princess Luna's personal agent, 4 years prior to that devoted to training. Such duties included, but were not limited to: Espionage, asset recovery, counter espionage, asset protection, personal protection, and I ask you not act in some partially justified way at this last one, assassination. As a pony with the limited gift of precognition, I was uniquely suited for her service. My last mission before my retirement saw me grievously wounded, and rather than sending me back into the field after my recovery, Princess Luna decided to release me from my role and sent me to Ponyville, away from the stress of Canterlot life for recovery. I spent about a year or so there before I was fully healed, re-acclimating to normal life, to which I think I've failed at miserably, considering where I've ended up." He gestured to his surroundings, laughing a little. "I encountered Tetti whilst on vacation in Manehatten, and one thing leading to another, ended up here. I'm still a little skittish around large crowds of changelings, but hardly a thread I'd say." Tapping his banded hoof on the ground a little as a nervous tick, he carried on. "That's the short of it. By oath to Luna I cannot divulge the fine details of my activities over the last decade, my apologies for that. Still, ask what questions you may, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability."
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 5:12 am

"If Tettidora was going to suffer permanent facehoof, Mister Symphony, her youngest sister would have been the one to cause it," Auron smirks. "As to ejecting nuissances from our throne room..."
"...we much prefer face first with the rest following," Chrysalis concludes. "That way, we don't have to see their face during their short, and rather truncated, flight."
Auron gives the guards a nod and they immediately bow low enough that their helmets threaten to scrape the ground, before they disappear quickly through several doorways, many of which are cleverly concealed behind tapestries or apparently solid stonework. The moment they vanish, Chrysalis moves from her throne to stand and turns, tapping an elaborate scrollwork just under the representation of her cutie mark. The buzzing surge of magic flowing under his hooves and up the walls in every direction would be enough to be easily noticed, almost to an uncomfortable degree, by Sword.
"The throne room is now sealed against intrusion or eavesdropping," Chrysalis assures him as she takes her seat again. "Yes, it's going somewhat overboard but magically discerning sound through even the most nonconductive stonework is well within the abilities of the nobility, thus the need to 'scramble' such attempts, as it were."
"One of our second-youngest's many achievements," Auron adds, looking proudly in Tetti's direction and drawing a blush in return. "Continue as you wish, Sword Symphony... no pony but the ones you see will know what you say."

The two royals watched Sword as he recounted his history, that he was an agent of Luna, and the tasks he'd performed for her. Their expressions remain locked in studied neutrality even as he admits to assassination and mentions limited precognition. When he's done and invites them to question him if they will, the two royals look at one another for a full minute, seeming to silently converse between themselves before both return their gazes back to Sword.
"That you murdered as commanded is no serious issue to us Sword," Chrysalis says to him. "Able to take any shape we choose, the tasks of espionage, sabotage, assassination, and infiltration are as inherent to us as breathing. The hypocrisy of thinking ill of you for doing the same would be quite stunning. That said..."
"...harming others with your training and gifts, outside of self-defense naturally, ends here." Auron says firmly. "We begrudge no pony their talents but we will neither abide the harming of our subjects nor tolerate it through inaction."
"We also cannot permit any pony associated with us, and especially any pony intending to court our daughter, to harm those who are not our subjects without explicit leave or urgent need." Chrysalis gives a curt nod. "Beyond this, we consider the subject of your past closed. We will not share any of it with any member of our court nor speak on the matter with you again. Whatever your misdeeds, whatever your good deeds, they will be your business to make peace with if you haven't already."
"One question, however."
"Two questions," Chrysalis interjects.
"Two questions," Auron nods and then gestures to the band on Sword's hoof. "What is that? I can tell it has some form of magic but intricate scholarly understanding of magic is Tettidora's gift."
"What form does your precognition take?" Chrysalis asks. "Is it tactile precognition, similar to the vaunted 'Pinkie Sense' that Pinkamena Diane Pie is known for?"
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 8:45 am

"I appreciate your measured response, and general understanding of my previous profession. And you've no need for concern in regards to your citizenry, or the citizenry of any other nation. Just because I specialize in the ending of life, does not mean I don't hold it in high regard, or the rules and traditions of their rulers in high regard. With this matter resolved I'll now answer your one-" He nods at Chrysalis as she interjects with a second question. "Ahem, two questions then. This," He adjusts his stance, taking a few steps to the side of Tetti. "Please maintain a safe distance dear. Now, this is a magical artifact that physically manifests concepts and designs from a pony's mind, specifically the pony its currently bonded to. To simplify it, its a projection band. I think it, project the concept into the band, and the band makes it real." Steadying himself, Sword closes his eyes, band glowing blue as it began to elongate down his leg, creating a stable base as just a scant two inches out from the base, a blade began to form, the blade extending 2ft forward, curving slightly, while the back end of the blade extended back 8 inches, acting as a counterbalance for the front of the blade, the edge gleaming slightly as the manifestation fully popped into reality. "This was the first concept I projected successfully, unsurprisingly to most. Each individual will interact with this artifact differently, depending on their talents and magical prowess." Giving a few mock swings at different angles, Sword would then dismiss the projection and return to normal standing stance. "Now for the second question. While I don't personally know the exact nature of the Pink Menace's Pinkie Sense, I'd imagine its somewhat similar to my precognition. My precognition is triggered by hostile action taken towards me by a single target. While Pinkie Pie's sense is quite a bit more broad and random, mine is narrow and focused. in terms of effectiveness, I'd say I'm about a second and a half ahead of any single opponent in a fight. As they begin their offense, my precognition instinctively forewarns me of their offensive pattern, and so I can adjust my defense into a simultaneous offense. In combat, most people have a rhythm or tempo they unknowingly march to. By striking off tempo at the moment of opportunity, I disrupt this natural rhythm, and slay my opponent before they have time to react. Though this isn't to say I'm infallible by any sense. Really, I don't think it can be done justice with words. A demonstration would be best, though not necessary if the explanation will be sufficient."
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 7:40 am

"Thus, so long as you wear the band, you are armed," Auron nods. "A cunning implement, possibly the most cunning I've ever seen. Not quite so easy to conceal as the guise, of course, but you can get the guise wrong if you forget some detail or another. It seems that so long as you exert your will on what seems to be a completely ordinary ornament, it will arm you and then make the weapon go entirely away."
"Impossible to get caught holding a bloody dagger if the dagger only exists when you want it to," Chrysalis adds. "And naturally, the perfect pairing to your precognition. I'm curious, though, whether this precognition is triggered by hostile action in and of itself, or if you must be aware that hostile action may occur."
"Just about the only way I can think of that being testable, Mother, is if somepony were to try to harm him with deadly earnest, entirely without being expected."
"A test which we would never permit," Chrysalis says. "Because, all due respect to your skill Sword Symphony, but there is always a chance that you will be unequal to the challenge and in addition to the severe faux pas of a visitor harmed while a guest under our roof, we would be permitting the harming of a pony who has done us none and intends us no evil. That, we cannot allow."
"Perhaps Thryssa would enjoy sparring with him," Auron offers. "It would permit a demonstration and I trust Tetti's judgement in this. I cannot imagine she'd bring a stallion of your nature, Sword, into her life if she wasn't absolutely convinced that you were the master of your abilities instead of their servant."
"Perhaps Thryssa would," Chrysalis nods. "But I'm afraid to say that I have more trust in a stranger's ability to stay his hoof than I do my eldest daughter's. She is frequently more intense and narrow than is good for her, and I've already said that I will not permit the harming of a guest, especially when that guest could soon be family."
"And Thryssa would be humiliated and there'd be no living with her."
"And that."
"I'll be sure to tell Thryssa that you have so much confidence in her," Tetti remarks dryly. "She's not that bad."
"Perhaps. She's alway been more of a sledgehammer than a wrecking ball anyway."
"More of a club than a sledgehammer."
"More of a crowbar than a club."
"More of a haymaker to the face than a crowbar."
"More of a..." Chrysalis frowned. "I'm afraid I've reached the end of the analogy, love."
"I've have gone with a 'kick to the stallion bits'," Auron said. "But yes, Thryssa is our most dearly beloved blunt instrument."
"With her very own colt toy."
"A strangely cute colt toy."
"Which doesn't fit at all, when you think about it." Chrysalis gestures to Sword. "The daughter who still wears those adorable pigtails gets the one with the boyishly handsome looks and the daughter who's the least cute and girly get the cute stallion."
"Certainly breaks the motif," Auron agrees. "But the heart wants what the heart wants, and apparent Thryssa wants something cute that she can share with Maredusa."
"..." Chrysalis eyes her husband. "You are becoming a dirty old stallion, my love."
"Well with how hard I've worked on it, it was bound to happen."
Tetti eyes her parents and leans in to Sword. "I think they're going to go on like this for a while, dear," she whispers to him.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 8:24 pm

"Yes indeed, although the band will register as magical under the eye of any sort of magical inspection, although as with most things, its true nature will remain a mystery. As to my precognition, while mortal peril will certainly trigger it, any object I can see that flies with enough velocity or harmful intent at me will register as well. It doesn't necessarily have to be unexpected, indeed I prefer it not to be. My body still has to follow through with my mind's command to dodge, and the more time I have to perceive an attack, the more reaction time I have to move. Truthfully, the most practical application of my gift is in any sort of one on one combat, where I can use it to parry and counterattack simultaneously." At Auron's suggestion, he nods. "I'd be amenable to that. If the Princess Marshal is as blunt as you say, perhaps I would be better off speaking with my blade instead of words. But if she'd be as aggrieved as you say, perhaps that would go poorly..."

Sword would listen, and occasionally chuckle at the couple's deluge into analogies on their daughter . "Yes dear it does seem so. Should we excuse ourselves, or continue to watch the show? I'm fine with both."
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 3:11 am

The royal couple nods to his explanation of how the band would register, and his explanation of the practical limit of his abilities, almost in exact synchronization. "If you'd be amenable to it Sword, and Thryssa as well, I'm sure something could be arranged to offer a practical demonstration," Chrysalis says.
"Although we emphasize, only if that is your desire," Auron adds. "There rests no obligation on you one way or the other to do this, almost entirely to satisfy our curiosity."
"And we are curious," Chrysalis says. "Someone who has a great deal of training can learn how to read their opponent and see what they'll do next, but yours is the first case we've heard of where you actually have a form of precognition that doesn't require active observation of whomever is trying to attack you."
"An impressive talent, although I doubt it's something Tetti was even aware of when she met you." Auron gave Tetti a tiny grin, drawing a blush.
"Well, no, that's not exactly something I knew of," she admitted. "All I knew, and know, is that I found a fine stallion who feels like he's paid his debt to society and just wants to enjoy life."
"And you," Chrysalis said, with a tiny grin of her own.
Tetti coughed rather emphatically, blushing harder. "Mother!"
Both parents grinned wider. "Tettidora, dear, we're your parents," Auron says.
"Embarrassing our adult children is a contractual obligation."
"Surprisingly, there doesn't exist some kind of organized service to distribute the contract to new parents for their signature." Auron tapped his chin with a hoof. "Love, I think I have a new item for my bucket list."
"The one that ends with being stepped on by an elephant during a three-way with identical triplet cheerleaders?"
"That's the one."
"I'll make a note of it." Chrysalis smiles at Sword and a very clearly dying-of-embarrassment Tetti. "Was there anything else?"
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 7:31 am

"I'd be willing to participate in such a demonstration. After all, I'm an unknown quantity who's attached himself to your daughter, your desire to fully understand my abilities is understandable. So whenever the Princess Marshal is feeling up to it, I'm sure you'll know where to find me. As long as its after noon. No amount of precognition can help me before noon."

As Auron and Chrysalis began to dig into Tetti, Sword would lower his gaze and awkwardly paw at the stone beneath his feet. "Well... can't deny that..." he'd mumble as Chrysalis mentioned his "enjoyment". "No, not at the moment. As much fun as it is to watch Tetti change shades in embarrassment , I've seen quite a bit of that the last few days and..." realizing the words that just left his mouth, he turned sheepish. "Nope I think that's good we should go now eh dear?" He looks at Tetti as if to say, "Please get us out of here!"
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 7:14 am

"A late sleeper, are you?" Auron chuckles. "A stallion after my own heart. And my wife's.
"And pretty much every citizen who can get away with it," Chrysalis adds. "It's always nice to work hard at finding ways to avoid working hard."
Fortunately, the royal couple seems to have missed his cut-off sentence about seeing Tetti turn several colors in embarrassment over the last few days and respond with nods to his suggestion that he and Tetti go.
"By all means, Sword," Chrysalis says pleasantly. "I think we've subjected you to enough, at least for now. If Thryssa stops in and seems inclined to the sparring, we'll pass along your willingness."
"Enjoy the city, Mister Symphony," Auron smiles. "I've a feeling you intend to make a home of it, and I'm certain we'll be pleased to have you."
"None more than I Father," Tetti says, making no real effort to conceal her turning and kissing Sword, holding it a moment before trotting on.
She waits until they're out of the throne room and the door is shut behind them before she sighs and looks highly relieved. "I adore my parents but sometimes they play the 'odd married couple' angle a little hard. Always strategically, but a little too hard even so." She smiles brightly to him. "So love, what shall we do with ourselves next?"
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 10:38 am

"Thank you for your hospitality." Sword would conclude, bowing respectfully before turning and returning Tetti's kiss and following her out of the throne room, letting out a long breath and shaking his head in exasperation. "Good heavens... that couldn't have been too much more awkward..." Nodding in agreement with her, he started down the hall. "Well, I could do for something to drink. Not something hard mind you, but some kind of fruity drink and cheap food sounds great to me. Any objections? You know the city infinitely better than I love."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Settling Down (Private)    Settling Down (Private)  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Settling Down (Private)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4