OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Battletech (private)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

Battletech (private) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 6:09 pm

"So, that's one of the secondary objectives; clear out the base and 'recall' any tech that they have. Ares, you intercepted anything worth looking at?"

"Plenty, they've turned this planet into a research and development center for some lostech they found"

"Lostech? I thought we had found all of it by 3101?"

"This is not Star League-type lostech, this predates that by quite a bit"

"Interesting, what have they found?"

"Several things, a giant stone ring, a ship that's several million years old, the list goes on, and that base holds several prototype technologies, a small rock-like formation, and the ring"

"Enough to warrant the secondary objective: clear the base and take the tech?"

"Up to you boss, they got some pretty shiny things in there"

"I'll consider it, Stream out" Stream switched to Lance channel and asked "bunch of prototype tech in that base, shall we clear it out and take it?"
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:12 pm

"Hmm, I think it wouldn't be too hard to take it once those 'Mechs are down," Dusk said.

"And that should be easy, I think one's a heavy and the other's a medium," Torchlight added.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Stream looked through his binocs again, this time at the tanks, saying "I see a few Behemoths in there, a couple Carnivores, a Fury, and quite a few Badgers, and some Aesirs around the compound. Looks like they also have some Hunter-killer VTOLs in the air" he took off the binocs and looked over the cliff, noticing how it looked a little like a ramp. He shrugged and said "Well, if there's some new tech being developed there, I want it" he climbed into his tank and rolled right off the cliff, using the natural curve of it as a speed booster. He said "Lets go" just before he rolled off.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:18 pm

"Roger that, moving up," Dusk said as he moved his 'Mech forward and also went off the cliff. He was planning on hitting that heavy 'Mech as hard as he could once he was in range.

Got it, moving to flanking position," Torchlight said. He then ran off to the side so he could perform the flanking maneuver once the fighting started. The last thing he wanted was to go toe to toe with the 'Mechs or take hits from the heavier tanks.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:01 am

As Stream barreled down the cliff and into the base, he caught the medium mech off guard and managed to trip it over, the tank almost immediately squashed the mech under the weight and crawled to a stop. Stream took aim at the most dangerous targets and fired away.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 7:03 am

Pariah chuckled, sights locked on the heavy 'mech. Jumping off the cliff, his jumps jets flared, and he unleashed eight LRMs straight at the heavy mech. He landed hard, still firing missiles whilst keeping his mech from overheating.

Silver followed Dusk, her good PPC charging up as she raced behind him, ready to intercept anything that came from above.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 am

Dusk brought his cannon, lasers, and streak missiles to bear on that Heavy 'Mech, and with Stream firing at it as well, it soon went down, and Dusk turned his attention to the heavier tanks.

Torchlight darted in and out of combat, using his lasers to cut down the lighter vehicles with ease. His AMS system was off so he didn't waste the ammo for it on the short range missiles.

((I'll be off until sometime this evening, just so everyone knows.))
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Turning his tanks turret, Stream began rapidly firing his HAG-20 guns across the base, throwing up a major dust storm and punching dozens of holes into the various Badger APCs and jamming up the heavier tanks' guns. With most of the APCs put out of effective commission, Stream focused on destroying the Behemoth tanks before they can start punching holes into the 12-inch thick armor plates on his front.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 am

The sky was filled with fire as Pariah turned his guns to the sky, joining with Silver as they launched a barrage of missiles and laser into the air, targeting every VTOL that tried to close. Pariah's excited laughter filled the channel as he held the triggers down, bombarding the enemy with destruction.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 4:02 pm

As the tanks slowly went down one-by-one, Stream eyed the gunships in the air explode in impressive displays of destruction. Putting his attention back to the tanks, he noticed the fury attempting to escape and said "Pariah, I'm a little bit occupied with these tanks and that Fury is trying to run. I'd rather not have it bring back friends"
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:35 pm

Torchlight heard the news and soon saw the Fury that was escaping. "I can run him down. There's no way he can outrun me." he then turned his 'Mech to chase it down.

"Careful Torchlight, it has a big gun for a reason," Dusk said as he continued destroying tanks, saving his very limited LB-X AC/20 ammo.

"Relax, I got this," Torchlight replied. Once he was in range, he fired his assortment of laser, but the Fury was tough enough to take a few volleys. His speed helped avoid most of the shots the Fury sent at him, but he did take a nasty gauss round to the left torso before he finished it off. It didn't get through the armor, but the armor on that spot wouldn't take much more fire.

"Whew, got him. Why couldn't something lighter and faster try to escape?" he asked to no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 10:34 pm

Pariah chuckled as the last of their air support exploded. "Because if it was, you wouldn't have caught it." Turning his mech, he engaged the tanks, missiles now striking tank after tank in a firey volley. Next to him, Silver relaxed, letting her weapons cycle down as she waited for the one sides battle to end.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Once the battle was completed, the remains of the battalion that guarded the base was reduced to smoldering wreckage. Stream tapped his communicator and said "Sigma Lance to Vulture, we have some equipment for you guys to pick clean"

"Roger that boss, Vulture moving out"

"Right, Pariah, Torch, Dusk, and Silver, we're headed down" he finished as his tank rumbled across the ground, making sure to avoid the wrecks as if they're landmines. Rolling into the center of the base, he found what he was looking for: a massive slab of metal with guard rails and a control panel stuck on the ground. He rolled his tank into one of the corners, got out and headed for the control panel, waiting for the others to walk onto the lift
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Pariah and Silver followed quickly, both mechs coming to a halt directly behind the tank. Pariah chuckled. "Oooh~ Scary secrets, just waiting to be uncovered."
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:12 am

Dusk and Torchlight soon followed, got out of their 'Mechs and joined the others.

"Woohoo, time to see what's in this place!" Torchlight said.

"Hopefully there's something we can use to our advantage, like an overpowered 'Mech or something," Dusk added.
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 3:42 am

"I doubt it'll be a mech, but they'll likely have some cool toys in their basement. I wonder what the ring is worth..." Stream trailed off as he activated the lift and got back in his tank, watching it slowly lower them into an underground facility. Ten meters below the ground, the tube opened up into a fantastic view of a triplet of extremely pretty ships being built. Stream closed his mouth and said "We'll definitely be taking those ships, hey Silver, maybe you'll get the chance to turn one inside-out and learn how it functions, and maybe discover something to replace that problematic PPC"
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 3:49 am

Silver giggled like a little girl as she jumped out of the Harlequin and ran to the left most ship, squealing happily. She leapt on board and started to examine every inch of it. Purring, she grinned like a wild thing as its fusion drives came online, power coursing through the ship. "This thing is sooooo cool." [How big is this thing in relation to a mech?]
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:23 am

"Down Silver, we still have a job to complete" Stream jokingly said as soon as he saw her climbing out of her mech, chuckling at her near-instant change in state, then said "Don't worry, we'll take them soon enough, they look nice anyways and we could definitely use a new set of ships to replace the aging Conquistador" he looked around for a bit and realized that was not all. Across the way was row upon row of tanks, mechs, aircraft, ammunition and parts, some of which are so unrecognizable that Stream had trouble identifying where the upgrades ended and the base machine began.

[relative to the windows (the little square lights on the hull) being ~4x2 feet, I'd say pretty large, about the size of the USS Enterprise {CVN-75}, though given that this is based on ancient technology, it's got some materials built in that allow it to survive in and out of atmospheres (Shields are too overpowered and likely prove extremely problematic in Battletech) and all will be revealed about the ships in due time, don't rush things along]

Last edited by Hegamonia on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:30 am

She flicked a few more switches, and her eyes lit up again. "This ship is a beautiful piece of machinery, and it looks like there's something stored on board... Like something different from the rest of the stuff..." She pressed a button, granting her view of the cargo hold. "Let's see what's in bay number one~" She flicked yet another switch, activating the lights in the bay. [Up to you as to what's inside each bay. I'm thinking three that she can see right now.]
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:40 am

As Dusk looked around, he gave an impressed whistle at both the ship and the equipment that was a ways away. "They must've been working at this for a long time," he said.

"Yeah, and it was all left here, easy pickings," Torchlight added.

"Yeah, a little too easy if you ask me," Dusk said, "But perhaps they didn't expect anybody to find this place."
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 5:46 am

"Easy pickings for sure, but will we be able to get them out is the real question" Stream said as the elevator slowed to a crawl, and stopped with a resounding clunk from the magnetic locks engaging. "So, which side first?" he asked
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 5:57 am

"Uuhhhh sir?" Silver stared at the mech on the screen. "I got a mech here, on board, but I don't know what it's called. Can you have a look and see if you recognise it?"
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:32 am

Looking at it, the mech looked to have been inspired by the Vulture and Mad Cat, but the design was completely foreign. It had the two shoulder launchers and chin turret of the Vulture, but the general design of the Mad Cat, though the cockpit was heavily elongated to hold the turret. The center torso had no visible cockpit, or a way in and out for that matter, and he guessed it relied on a wireless transmitter to receive commands and transmit data; these weren't unheard of but communications in enemy territory is usually kept to a minimum, especially during black-ops missions. He said "looks like someone was inspired by the Mad Dog and the Timberwolf, but I don't see any way of getting inside"
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:07 am

"Just ask Torchlight to find a way in. He manages to find his way into single ladies all the time," Dusk said with a smirk.

"Do recall that you never have, brother."

"That is by choice, so it doesn't count." Dusk then turned back to the rest of the group. "Anyway, I'm sure there's a way in there somewhere."
Back to top Go down
Hegamonia

Hegamonia

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:56 am

"Well, I'll let you know when I find one, as for right now, can you call up a map of the complex Silver?" Stream said as he began looking around the mech for any signs of an entrance, a panel, button, something, that reveals a doorway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battletech (private)   Battletech (private) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battletech (private)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next