OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Breaking Quarantine

Go down 
+3
Star Sentinel
Ician
Zen
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Ician

Ician

Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 5:07 pm

"Let me think..." Distortion frowned. His concussion hadn't been that big a hindrance lately, but when he really tried to think it kind of made the smooth flow of thoughts in his head become like sticky, viscous pudding that really should be moving more easily but couldn't and it was clogging up the pipes and blocking everything else from flowing properly, and he quickly realised that his train of thought had derailed badly and tried to get it back on track.

He stayed silent for a few more moments, straining to think through the concussion. "... Prob'ly one really destructive area-o'-effect elemental spell - could be anythin' really, but I already got fire. Maybe ice? - one quiet, single-target assassination type, and one shield." He paused. "The kind that protects better against physical damage instead o' magical. If we can get full physical protection and no ability to block magic at all that'll be best." He smiled. "Do any o' the shields do that? Just let magic attacks pass through? I know it just sounds like a stupid design flaw, but I have my reasons."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 8:18 pm

The Zebra did look at Dis questioningly, but it probably wasn't for the reason he'd think. "Wells the blasts runes explode on contact, ands wes has several ofs those. These ares magics fors a runes guns, nots thats quiet. Ands ofs course we's has physicals only shields, they's thes weaker ones those," she explained pointing to a few different runes here and there on the table. "Now's how's much yous gots to pays for this?"
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 2:35 am

Distortion rummaged in his bag for a little while and eventually pulled out three of his gems and laid it on the table. "Gems o' this variety." His eyes hovered over the runes once more. "Okay, if it can't be quiet then can it just be noisy at the point o' contact? Like something I can shoot silently and inconspicuously but explodes violently when it hits?"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:19 am

"Explodes violentlys sures, but shoots quietlys, thats simplys nots part ofs rune guns designs," the Zebra said again before looking at the gems. She arced an eyebrow at them and brought her muzzle close to inspect them. "Yous wants tos pays with these? Fine, is twos gems fors one runes, ands 3 fors this ones," she said pointing out that the shield rune was for 2 gems and the ice blast rune was for 3.

"Nows whats yous wants for thirds rune?" she asked with a shrug and once more gesturing to the display of runes. "Maybes yous wants beam runes? Shoots beam ofs magic at things," she suggested with a point of a hoof towards a small jumble of runes to one section of the table.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:34 am

Distortion shrugged. If the optimum wasn't available he'd settle with what he could get. "Eh, sure, why not. Beam sounds like an okay alternative." He pulled out another four gems from his bag and set them on the table carefully. "Will this cover it? They don't exactly come cheap, yannow."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:40 am

"Ands neithers are goods runes smiths anymores, buts this is acceptables deal," the Zebra said as she scooped the 7 gems off the counter and slid the three runes together and towards Dis. "Is thats alls or do's yous has mores to trades?" She then asked looking at the two ponies with an arched eyebrow as she studied their equipment.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 2:53 pm

Star had picked up the claymore and shafted it against it to his side, smiling. He was just following Distortion around and had no idea what he had traded for or what he was doing. He was paying more attention to his new sword he had gotten and the fire rune that was on it. He was gonna have fun with this new sword. When he had actually looked up from the sword he had saw and heard that he had just traded seven of their gems for three runes. He stared at Distortion with a bit of a blank look before looking to the zebra with a kinder look. "No thank you." He grabbed Distortion's cloak and pulled it, trying to get him away from the stall.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:15 pm

"Comes backs whens yous wants more runes," the Zebra called out as the two left her stand. Around them, the rest of the bazaar continued about it's business, not really paying that much attention to the two ponies. Dozens of bodies moved about each other, conducting their businesses until a commotion nearby drew quite a bit of attention. Some yelling and thuds could be heard as a fight broke out, but it didn't last long.

The two participants were soon restrained by a Lost and another winged pony who's appearance was obscured by the number of clothes draped about it's features, though the bat like wings hinted at what it would be. These two, drug the restrained fighters to the door and promptly threw them out despite any and all of their protests of which one started it, or the threats of what would come.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 3:17 pm

"H- Hey!" Distortion shrugged free of Star's grip, but not before Star had pulled him away. "Oh, hi Star. Are ya doin' well? I really like this..." He suddenly began to sway on his hooves. His concussion was getting to him. He was dimly aware of the events occurring around him, but his pounding head didn't really lend him much reason to care. "... Ah, sorry, I gotta... lie down 'r somethin'." He moved over to the nearest unoccupied protrusion from the ground - he didn't really care if it was a table or chair or whatever, and neither did he take particular notice - and leaned heavily on it, taking deep breaths.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 1:07 am

Star sighed a little at the fight and looked at Distortion. "Well maybe you should have waited a bit longer to rest at that safe house. Stalwart did say we should take a break." He followed Distortion to where ever it was he was going. When he noticed he was breathing heavily he gave a little pat on his back. "Those bricks got you hard ,didn't they..." He shook his head and rubbed his own head a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 2:24 am

"Hey, I was feelin' fine then." Distortion grumbled and sat down on what he thought might have been a chair, only to miss and fall onto the floor. "Jus'... not now, is all. S'what happens when I think too hard." Upon Star's inquiry about the bricks, he shook his head and muttered, "Ya think?" before closing his eyes to stabilise the shaking.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 1:56 am

As Star and Dis conversed, the scene around them showed just the first signs of slowing down, and a growing majority of crowd in the 'safe zone' were gradually moving towards a small group of slightly larger store sections that had been boarded up to allow for something of a smaller building to exist in the larger structure. Over the entrance to the space was a sign that was crudely painted with the words 'The Broken Stool'.

That wasn't the only one, at least 3 similar buildings seemed to be getting the same treatment as the sun continued to set and the light in the larger space continued to dim. Some of the regular shops were already even beginning to pack up wares and close up for the night while others were getting out candles or other methods of light to keep their shops open for at least a few more hours. The inns however only seemed to increase in popularity as the time got later, right along with the noise coming from them.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 3:31 am

Star rubbed the back of his head. Maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to say what he said. He took a glanced around the area and saw the sign that said 'The Broken Stool'. His curiosity peeked a little. "Hmm...Hay Distortion? You think you'll be okay by yourself for a little while? I wanna check out that smaller building really quick." He said, pointing with a hoof over at The Broken Stool. He would most likely just pop his head in, look around, and head back over to Distortion.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 3:35 am

"Mm, arright, I'll be fine here." Distortion grunted. He adjusted himself to a slightly more comfortable position on the floor and sort of curled up into a foetal position. He squeezed his eyes shut tightly. "Jus'... don't go and get yerself killed. Or maimed. Or arrested. Or tortured." He sniffed. "I could go on really, but I think ya get the gist. So sure, go ahead. I'd probably do the same thing if I were in yer place."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 3:48 am

Star smiled at Distortion. "Yeah, yeah. You sound like my caretaker." He said in a bit of a pouting voice but he meant it in a fun manner. "See you in a few. And if I was in your place, I'd be sleeping for now. Concussion and all. I'll wake you up when it's morning." He made his way over to the smaller building and walked inside. He did shiver a little when Distortion had said tortured, for he though torture was worst than death or getting arrested.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 4:01 am

With a little bit of shoving and forcing his way through, Star would be able to eventually get a peak into the building. The inside was for lack of a better world was a ruckus, as dozens of ponies were crammed into the relatively small space. That being said, it was very alive inside with dozens of patrons talking, singing, drinking, and generally enjoying themselves despite the bleak surroundings.

Waitresses in tight and revealing clothing trotted skillfully in-between the masses, drawing all the expected eyes, whistles, and cat calls. Even the ones that were obviously Lost, were receiving a fair bit of attention from the patrons, though this might have been a by product of all the drinking. There was also a set of stair in the pack, which more patrons were draped over, all the way up to the second floor railing where more cheering and general liveliness echoed from.

The sounds and sights weren't the only things playing on the senses, the smell of food and drink was strong enough to rival the odor of the patrons in the place. Breads, mugs of drink, cheeses, bowls of soup, and a half dozen other meals were either being cooked, eaten, or ferried to tables by the waitresses.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 7:49 am

Star looked around the little building and once he spotted the waitresses, his ears went straight up and his wings 'POMF'ed. He now sported a deep blush and tried to get his wings back to their position on his sides and no up in the air. "Stupid wings." He muttered to himself, sniffing in the smell of food. He turned back around and made his way back to Distortion. He did say he'd be back in a few, and that, by his standards, was a few.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Distortion heard Star's approach faintly. He cracked open a single eye and stared at him. "Welcome back. Didja see anythin' important? Or was it just a normal tavern?" He squinted at his friend's sides. "Why're your wings stickin' out? Do we need ta fly out already? Dang, I just got comfortable."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Star stared at Distortion with a blush still on his face. "Umm...N-no...No we don't need to f-fly out..." He was still trying to make his wings go down to their original position. "N-normal Tavern? I-i guess you can say that." Other than the fact the waitresses are hot as buck. He added mentally. After a few minutes of fumbling with his wings, he finally got them back down on his sides. "Just get comfortable and get some rest. I'll...be around."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 1:56 am

As time went on, more of the safe-zone's visitors went to the taverns and gradually more of the make-shift shops shut down for the night, their owners either sleeping in there or making their own ways over to the taverns. Eventually, even the noise from the taverns began to die down some, but the lights in the lobbies never went out. At one point, the 'guards' at the entrance switched out, but other than that a lot of the pony traffic had almost completely disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 5:42 am

Star sat near Distortion as he watched the area around him. He had done some calculations on how many crystals Distortion had used to trade and found up he used every one. He'd have to smack the unicorn when he woke up, but for now he was getting a little bored. He guessed he could examine his sword, but he still knew nothing about magic. He wondered if he could got back to the tavern and not have his wings POMF on hims again, because it was rather embarrassing the first time. He however shook it off and laid down, still bored.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 7:54 am

More hours drifted by, and with each one the noise continued to drop until it was actually quiet in the safe-zone. The night passed rather peacefully considering the state of everything. Then in what would seemingly be no time at all, the crowds were steadily refilling the space and the shops were once again opening for business.

Sure enough as well, there was a tap on both Star and Dis's shoulders. Stalwart was there standing nearby, looking down at the two through his helmet. His armor and gear seemed to have a few extra pieces to it now, but it was mostly still the same. "Ya two ready to go?" he asked with a jerk of his head towards the entrance.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Star opened his eyes and looked at Stalwart. "Eeyup." He said, standing up and stretching his wings and legs. He looked over at Distortion to see if he was awake. He let out a little yawn, since he was running of almost no sleep. He did push himself to walk over to Distortion and poke him, however. "Distortion get up. He best be going."
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 7:28 am

"Ugh." Distortion cracked his eyes open. His head was pounding only slightly less now, but he could at least think clearly again. Or at least as clearly as he always had, which wasn't to say that it was a lot.

"Yeah, yeah. Arright." He slowly clambered to his hooves, shaking his head vigorously. "Yeah, we can go now. Where to?"
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 1:06 pm

"We're headin off to the tower, but it'll take more than a couple days," Stalwart warned from where he stood. "We'd best be moving if we're to make any serious headway before nightfall," he continued already turning away from the two ponies and beginning to head towards the vault like door. With the same simple nod, that the guards returned, Stalwart stepped out of the safe zone, but waited there for Dis and Star to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking Quarantine
Page 15 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next