OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Questions, obviously.

Go down 
+21
Chappy
555EchoJewel
PrinceWolf
OldManAmongPonies
DeragonRider
Johnny Maker
Dusty Roads
Doomande
Brother Roga
SparX
Two Sides of the Coin
Brony_Khaos
Midnightblossom
Ician
Mr. Market
Dieteticchutoy3
Hegamonia
Heartstring
AurumTempestas
ObsidianPony
Rayne
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dieteticchutoy3

Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 6:17 am

Are there any recomendations for how to get Roleplaying?
DualThrone told me to just choose a open one and join but I just can't find one to join.
Since I'm a former member now returning I feel alienated as I don't really know or remember the users here plus I feel pressured to try to be better at Roleplaying but have no clue what to improve.The OC Town sign up seems good but I dont think my current oc will be good in it.I tried making a rp sign-up but ran into a block trying to write a intro.I've been trying to solve it myself the past few days but I'm not certain what to do.I need help since I feel like a outcast to the group unwanted and ignored.Part of it was my focus on Technomancers Idea which I dedcided not to bring back into the group as few people understand the concept.I want to be a active member here but I feel nervous,uncertain and afraid of failure especially to you moderators....

Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 6:32 am

Well my only real recommendation for you is to try and send messages out to people asking if their rp's are open for new participants to join. Or as Dual had told you find an open one and join it. Oc town is an open social based roleplay where you interact with other members. It's nothing plot heavy, but it's a nice little thing to just kinda get into the swing of things without having to worry about a plot. Just don't go gun-ho crazy in killing ponies or being a big bad villain because that's not what the point of a social thread is.

As for the block about the sign up, I dunno what to tell you except to keep try and don't give up. Maybe just write out what you can give it a few days and come back and look at it and rewrite it.

I wish I could offer you more, but I, personally, do not keep an eye out for new roleplays to often so I only hear about them when in the chatroom or very tiny few people actually ask me to roleplay with them.

I don't know why you should be afraid of failure since we're not a site that grade's roleplays, so there is nothing to fail. Just relax and try to have fun. there are rp's out there and if you just go out of your way to ask other members if you can join in theirs, who knows maybe you'll be able to find something you can join, but at the same time don't get upset just because someone says no. It's not the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Dieteticchutoy3

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 7:22 am

Thanks though I may not be looking hard enough when I tried finding the actual OC Town RP I didnt see it in the Roleplay area Ill go recheck
Back to top Go down
SparX

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 6:36 pm

Hello,
I Discovered this Site earlier today, and am interested in joining. However, before I do so, I must ask; What are the standard rules, settings, and Headcannons for Changeling Characters here? I need as many details as you can provide, seeing as it's an uncommon race within the show itself, and as a result there is hardly any data to observe. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 6:49 pm

Hello SparX.

As far as headcanon's go for changlings that is a person by person basis for that. This site is a freeform site so there is no set "standard" for such a thing. You are free to make your own headcanon about it.

Though there are a few people here who have their own headcanons and if you wish to hear it they can be free to answer to you in here.

I myself treat Changling in a way like bugs. Where they have a whole hive nest, and to an extent a hive mentality ( i flex on this depending on the rps i do.)

But as far as my own Changling character, I had her be born a changling, but raised in pony society. So she acts very much like a pony and keeps up her pony appearance because she knows of the racism toward's changlings. And I also have it that's she's hyper sensitive to emotions and can extract them out quite easily like a siphoning device, though she only takes small amounts that it wouldn't be noticed and stores them within herself to devour at a later time.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 6:50 pm

SparX wrote:
Hello,
I Discovered this Site earlier today, and am interested in joining. However, before I do so, I must ask; What are the standard rules, settings, and Headcannons for Changeling Characters here? I need as many details as you can provide, seeing as it's an uncommon race within the show itself, and as a result there is hardly any data to observe. Thank you.

Hello, Admin Market here. As Heart first stated, we're a freeform site in general. Aside from observing submitted characters for approval or denial depending on whether or not they interfere too much with canon outright(with some carefully made exceptions), or have rather unbalanced skill sets and/or gear, or have an inconsistent looking bio, we don't actually have a full on pre-set view on Changelings we force upon anyone. We have varying headcanons in the group, so ideas may clash, but the group itself has no set standard.
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin
Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Well, the comics recently shed some light on what the changelings origins are. If you take those as canon, then I find that perfectly acceptable.

Personally, I believe the changelings to be bug-like species, what with their leader having a name that refers to the pupal stage of a butterfly. I also believe that they have originally worked as a hive-intelligence sort of society like Heart here said. However I also believe that the changelings are currently in the stage of their evolution (If such a thing exists on the magic-infused planet of Equus) that they no longer physically need the hive mentality but it kept there purely for the sake of tradition. Sure, the hierarchy of the hives is still absolute, but now there is the treatment of every member of the hive as people and not simple extensions of the queen's will. It is how they managed to infiltrate pony society, using their natural talents of deception to feed themselves while completing whatever goals their queen has given them. Autonomy of some sort would be required, otherwise the invasion of Canterlot would have been next to impossible in the way it was shown in Friendship is Magic.
Back to top Go down
SparX

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Alright. If you don't mind me asking, could you please specify which Comics in particular you are referring to? In addition, Should and Where can I post my personal Head Cannon for Reviewing, to make sure it is acceptable for usage? I apologize for all of these questions, I just want to make sure I don't accidentally screw something up, and take away from the possible playing experience of others.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Roga is referring to the official IDW comics for MLP, SparX. As for sharing your headcanon entirely on its own, I recommend asking permission from Obsidian Pony to make such a thread.

It should be noted though, that if you're going to write about your character along with the headcanon, you may as well just submit it regularly in the 2nd character thread, and try to explain your headcanon along with it in the Miscellaneous section of the sheet or perhaps even the History section if you can, if that's what you mean by 'acceptable for usage' as well.

On that note, we also have a group on Skype for making general discussions as well, where both players and the Admins can be found frequently.
Back to top Go down
Dieteticchutoy3

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 3:04 am

Brief question. Would having a crossover rp set allow one to use characters from said series in a edited form or how they are in the original media and would they count as ocs if allowed or labelled as canons or NPCs?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 3:32 am

Dieteticchutoy3 wrote:
Brief question. Would having a crossover rp set allow one to use characters from said series in a edited form or how they are in the original media and would they count as ocs if allowed or labelled as canons or NPCs?

Well, in a crossover where there's a chance to participate along canon characters(ponified or not) of the respective show/game/whatever, they would essentially be NPCs or GM controlled characters most likely. But, if you mean using canon characters from other media a OCs... That's a VERY big no-no in the group as is. What crossover is this between?
Back to top Go down
Dieteticchutoy3

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 1:51 pm

Steven Universe. I thought of the gems magic fitting into the equestria world easy.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 3:48 pm

Well, characters similar to what the Gems are like is one thing, but obviously making carbon copies is what you wanna avoid if you intend to make OCs based off of their abilities. And, from what I've seen of Steven Universe myself... I think them, and characters like them, could fit in just fine.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 10:24 pm

Why is it that the training ground dosn't have a sign up section, when all of the other sub sections, even the long dead Maretropolis have one?
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 8:35 am

There was no point in this question when you already knew we were working on it. Don't rush something you already knew was in the works.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 3:48 pm

So I can ad people on my friends list and see when they come online, I can see the use in that.

But what are the "foe" list for? What does it do?
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 7:42 pm

It's basically a list of people you don't like. I think that friend and foes thing was a set up for a more roleplay oriented site where the site profile is used as a roleplaying sheet.

but typically foes are just to list people you don't like. It doesn't really do much of anything else that I'm aware of. Never really actually used it.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Roads

Dusty Roads

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:06 am

I posted my OC in the new OC thread and it (surprisingly, I might add) got accepted. But I've come to realize that it just doesn't seem to work. It seems like my OC would only fit in a specific area. How would I go about changing it?
Back to top Go down
Johnny Maker

Johnny Maker

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:18 am

I'm sorry to say that your character's approval was a mistake. The Character Admin was rushed at the time she approved it, and only gave it a glance. After looking over it with more time on her hands, she has since removed your approval.

On the bright side, it gives an easy answer to your question. You can simply change and resubmit your character with a new sheet.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Roads

Dusty Roads

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:21 am

Oh, well that's a lot simpler than I thought. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Johnny Maker

Johnny Maker

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:23 am

You most likely haven't seen, but Dual posted an evaluation of your character after removing her approval. It is on the same page as your original sheet, P19, and should be just a few comments below it. I would recommend looking at it if you wish to know what to change.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Roads

Dusty Roads

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 pm

OK, I've taken a look at it. I don't blame her at all for removing it. Actually, I should thank her. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
DeragonRider

DeragonRider

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 8:55 pm

Yeah I got a question, mostly because I've been looking for a MLP:FiM for a long while that is good with crossover characters and I have to ask, how far does crossover go on this site?

As in for example, if I made a Kamen Rider character (as a pony) will it be allowed or the chracter has gone to far?
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:23 pm

It depends on how it's power is written. You can cross over whatever you like as long as you go overboard. If you work with the character admin they can be quite helpful and will work with you.

but if you question if what you are doing might be overpowered, then it might be. So the best i can say is give it a shot and see the character admin's response, and don't get upset if it gets denied, keep an open mind to make changes to your character.
Back to top Go down
OldManAmongPonies

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 1:26 pm

A quick question: While I realize that this site is intended for free-form role-playing, since... well, it says so at the top of the page, is "traditional" P&P-style role-play (MLP-themed with OCs only, of course) explicitly forbidden? I don't think I have read anything to that effect in the rules.

If it is not forbidden, I might be interested in running a campaign on here (well, duh, otherwise I wouldn't have asked) if any players are interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions, obviously.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next