OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

It Takes All Kinds [private]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Kimi was in the same booth that she was in last time, except that this time she sat on the side of the booth that faced towards the door of Car 8. She just sat there and stared out the window like before with a menu in front of her and a glass of water. She hadn't ordered a thing except water. The soldier pills still in her system refraining her from eating anything new. She surely didn't expect to have this much of a downtime after taking the pill. She only shook her head and lightly smiled as she gazed out the window. The landscape was quite something though, it felt more expansive and open as compared to the forests of Fire country where all the tree's are packed together it felt more like a maze than anything else, but here, while there weren't as many tree's like in Fire country, there was still plenty of fauna.

By now they would be arriving near the area of the Neighagra falls. A good majority of the might had been spent going through a tunnel and and passing my mountains. By the time the sun rose, the ponies on the train could see the mountains passing and the falls revealing themselves. Kimi never really seen such a sight before, at least not like this. Her eyes would on occasion shift over to those that would enter the dining car.

It is strange to her what the ponies wore, while she was more comfortable in her current attire, even her regular civilian cloths were rather plain and not so 'out there' like some of these ponies attire. Even the high class from where she was from wore expensive garments, but it was nothing that 'tacky'? Least that's the best word Kimi could currently think of for what she saw. Then again, a lot of what she's use to were heavy eastern cultures with kimono's, hakama's, chopsticks and so on. So, it's probably expected that she wouldn't understand much of the things she saw.
Back to top Go down
http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 1:00 am

Sugary had gone off to brush his teeth and wash his face in the bathroom to freshen himself up as well as to combat the evils of bed hair. He was successful this day even if his mane wasn't ever entirely flat...

Afterwards, he began to focus on more important things such as getting breakfast and wondering where the enigmatic Kimi was. He was a bit surprised to find her in the same spot as last time, which he'd take a mental note of, as he entered car 9 while wearing gray pants and a blue tunic over a white shirt with long sleeves; One of his more casual clothes.

This time, he didn't bother to ask her if she minded him sitting with her as he did just so, but did notice she kept looking out the window. "... Quite a sight, huh? Good morning. I take it you rested well?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 1:21 am

She looked to Sugary when he had entered and then looked back toward's the window again. She wore the same thing as before, though she technically hasn't slept in two days, you couldn't tell. She crossed her leg and took a sip of her water. When Sugary had sat down at the table, she handed him the menu that was in front of her. "It has it's charm." she answered about the sight. It is a delightful sight there was no denying that. "Yes, I rested well. What about you?" she responded as she kept her sights out the window.

Life was beginning to arrive within the dining car as more ponies began to come in to get food. Each new customer that came in caused Kimi to idly glance over in their direction a moment before returning to the window again.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 2:24 am

Sugary initially raised a curious brow as Kimi gave him the menu, but then smiled softly and took it to read in a moment. "Thanks. And as a matter of fact, I did... Maybe a bit too well..." He thought about how he had walked out if the room as if he were in a familiar place, but mostly he just had a hard time shaking off the desire to keep resting on an admittedly very comfortable mattress and forgot to put a shirt back on right away.

He then briefly made eye contact with the elderly mare from earlier, and he flinched lightly as he quickly opened up the menu right in front of him. "Don't make eye contact!" "So, did you eat anything yet? Or were you just enjoying the scenery?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 2:39 am

Kimi shifted a glance over to Sugary as he made his response and she just nodded her head. She looked away before he had flinched so she missed his reaction. She took another sip of her water and placed the cup onto the table. She figured she'd just avoid the whole talk about whether she ate or not. "I finished long ago, just enjoying the view. It's quite the land these ponies have." she stated calmly.

She looked away from the window now and looked around at the different customers within the dining car. Seeing from the young to the old, though there was a big similarity to most of them as that was mainly their attire, it seemed much more elegant and refined, more than likely they were in the company of many upper class ponies. While they themselves weren't dressed as elegant as others. "Seem's like there are quite a few upper class ponies here."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 4:11 am

"Oh yes, exploring these lands is quite the treat. The occasional danger aside, it's quite pleasant. Especially nowadays from what I can tell... And if you look just a bit deep, you'll often find something of interest." said Sugary while still covering his face with the menu. He didn't really think Kimi was lying since she looked to be in very good health; No harm, no foul.

His ear then flicked at the mention of the upper class passengers. "... That's kinda to be expected. Trust me, I spent quite a bit on this trip just for the sake of saving time... That reminds me..." He lowered the menu as he let his eyes be seen but it was to look at Kimi directly as he spoke in a low voice. "... We should talk later about what's normally a lot and a little when it comes to Bits."

Looking over the menu one last time, he then beckoned a waiter over to him. "I'd like to order today's standard breakfast dish, please." He made sure not to order from anything other than what was already covered by the train fare. Some of the other exquisite delicacies would just have to wait for another time.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Kimi glanced over at Sugary and noticed that he was hiding his face behind a menu and she arched a brow, for a moment she glanced around the room to see if there was anything out of place, but as far as she could tell everything was where it should be. she just shrugged this off and went back to looking out the window. when he began to speak in a lower voice, she turned her head slightly to him and arched a brow while listening to what he said about the currency of this world. Well that would be helpful, though she could always just go the other route of ponynapping and brain diving, but that was only if thing's got desperate, so far she had an informant who seemed willing to share his knowledge about this world, so there would be no need to go the route of the intelligence agent shinobi's.

The waiter came over when he was beckoned by Sugary and wrote his order down on a small note pad and told him his order will be ready in about ten minutes. Kimi looked between Sugary and the waiter, as the waiter left she looked back to Sugary. "Why are you hiding your face?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:42 am

Sugary blushed mildly as he gave Kimi a sheepish look. He had a bit of a hard time properly thinking how to explain what happened. So he first leaned as far back as he could while looking far off into the mountains while speaking in a very low voice. "... Did you see the old mare with the purple dress? She saw me shirtless, flirted about it, and I swear she's looking over this way... Really not something I wanted to wake up to..." He wasn't too bothered by it, but it was somewhat odd when a woman tried to keep undressing you with her eyes when he wasn't interested in return.

Should Kimi look at that very mare, she'd be met with eyes of envy, though not defiance. She might also hear said mare state "Lucky." before she merely went back to enjoying the food, ride, and the sight of a few of the young waiter stallions.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:49 am

Well she quickly knew who he was talking about. It was rather difficult not to miss the old mare in the purple dress, though with him acting like that just because an old lady flirted with him was strange. Kimi just shook her head and gave a light chuckle. Just what sort of man get's embarrassed...oh wait, right he's not exactly a man, is he? He's a pony...right? Can they even be considered men? Kimi seemed to have gotten herself lost in thought for a moment before she just shook her head and shrugged. "You should feel flattered." she stated not even bothering to waste her time looking around the car.

She went back to drinking her water and looked at Sugary. "Was it really that bothersome?" she asked wondering if he was just playing it up, or if it really did bother him that an old mare looked at him like a piece of meat?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 6:57 pm

Kimi was now met with a lightly flustered and scrunch-nosed Sugary looking at her with a mild faux-scowl. "You're enjoying this, aren't you? Yes, I feel flattered... No, it's not too bothersome, but she looked like she was about to eat me with her eyes... If you saw her face up close, you'd understand..." He then mumbled in an even lower voice as he briefly lamented on a fact involving his experiences while looking out into the relaxing scenery agan. "Why can't a lovelier woman look at me that way when I'm not working instead? My luck and timing are still way off..."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Kimi shook her head to his question, she did see a reason to enjoy something like this, but his reaction, she guessed, could have been found amusing. The idea of being attracted to the creatures of this world in that respect was strange to her. She was most use to the people of her world and their appearances, so these anthro-ponies were extremely different so she was quite apathetic to the aesthetic's of another pony. "Umm...sure." was her only response to his answer. A thought did cross her mind of what she should do, but then she decided against it figuring it was probably too mean to do.

"Well that sound's rather unfortunate." she took another sip of her water. "By the way do you know what that waterfall is called?" She said referring to the Nieghagra fall's they're currently passing by, probably one of the biggest waterfalls in all of Equestria.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:06 pm

Sugary's expression eased up a bit when the topic went from 'vieja verde' mares to the waterfall. He rather liked the sight of it as it were, and being able to enjoy a simple sight with one who was curious was all the more pleasant. "... It's called Neighara falls... The view from up close is fantastic by the way; Especially from above..." He then turned to look at Kimi, a light yearning in his being to once again see the world with a bird's eye view. "Why? Does it remind you of somewhere else?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Kimi shrugged her shoulders. "A place of death." she responded as she looked at the waterfall once more. It indeed did remind her of a place, a rather cruel place it was. The hidden mist village, otherwise known as the blood mist village, though this was particularly due to their rather eccentric means of graduating their students from academy to genin. She wondered if they managed to do away with that old method of practice with the change of their leader? She certainly hoped so as that would be rather counter-productive in the means of trying to get new shinobis, on top of that the many families that would be saddened. It would really lead to an end of their village if they did nothing to change it soon.

She took another sip, but then noticed that she was out of water. "Excuse me a moment." she stated as she got up from her seat and walked over to the waiters in the back to get a refill.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 3:32 am

Sugary kept his expression stoic as Kimi told him what the waterfall seemed to remind her of, which made him think on something he began to suspect since the night before. "... I don't think there's much she won't see or hear that won't remind her of where she comes from... The question is, will she snap harder, at me maybe, or will she adjust...?"

His gaze followed her movements, going so far as to ignore the mare in purple as he looked at Kimi with a different sort of concern. "... Would she even want to adjust...?" He'd wait for her to return, while also waiting for his meal to arrive eventually...
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 3:40 am

Kimi didn't take all that long to get her refill. Once she had gotten her refill she would return back to the seat. The waiter soon after brought Sugary's order. Kimi took a small sip of her drink and placed it in front of herself as she looked towards Sugary a moment and gave a small smile and then, almost like clockwork, she looked back out the window. Just so you're aware, tomorrow I won't be getting up from bed." she figured she'd at least give him a small warning. "So don't even try to get me up because it won't work." she was going to be asleep harder than Maud pulverizing a boulder. She felt quite antsy just not doing anything, while the idea of a train ride was nice, but the fact that they would be on the train for a couple days was rather...boring. She's rather quite use to always doing something, that doing nothing felt strange.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 6:54 am

Sugary was somewhat taken off guard when Kimi made her announcement. He didn't try to understand it right away simply because he felt it came out of nowhere. He did, however, try to briefly understand what she could possibly meant by attempts not working. "Lotus, as much as I would like to say I got it... I really don't. Why won't you be waking up from bed tomorrow? And why will attempts not work? Is something wrong or happening?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:01 am

Kimi looked to Sugary a moment and then gave a smirk. "That's right I didn't tell you." she stated with a tone of realization, mostly saying it to herself. From her sleeve, as if by magic, she pulled out a small clear bottle that looked to be filled with tiny brown orbs. "Where I'm from we have these pills that were created for shinobi military use." she shook the bottle a moment and then she returned the bottle back into her sleeve, no imprint left behind as if it was never even in there to begin with. "we call them soldier pills, essentially to put it bluntly, they permit for us to fight three days and three nights straight without the need of rest." she looked at him to see his reaction. "So the pill's effect is going to wear off soon and I will, as children put it, have a major crash."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:33 am

He looked carefully at the pills she showed him, making sure to listen to her well, even going so far as to try and smell for an aroma out of curiosity. He remained fairly neutral when told what they did, not being particularly surprised so much as attentive. "... And you say it's gonna happen tomorrow, for sure? Don't get me wrong, I've seen my fair share of potions and foodstuffs with... interesting effects, but is there something else I should know? Because by the sound of it, it better happen on time, or I might have trouble keeping you sheltered or explaining to medical personel why you suddenly-..." He then thought for a moment, and continued. "Nevermind, I might have an idea. But yeah, if it's gonna happen, I wanna be ready for it. There is no way I'm gonna watch you recover and not know what to do if something else goes wrong."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:49 am

Kimi made a waving motion with her hand as if waving the thought away. "It's not necessary. I have a mean's of defense to make sure nothing happens to me and transport me if necessary. It's not the first time, I've done this, so I've long since made defenses for this sort of thing." She only wanted to let him know, mostly just so he wouldn't end up freaking out, that would make things rather...annoying. "So you just go about your day and everything will be fine." She grabbed her drink and drank from it, a little longer than just a sip this time.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 3:19 pm

Sugary only really nodded in some understanding, mostly because he had yet to see the full effects of Kimi's exotic Soldier Pills for himself, so all he had was her word to go by. The only concern was whether or not it would affect her differently given her alternate form, but he'd just remain on stand-by regardless. "Very well. But if we end up being forced to move anyway, we're moving, awake or otherwise... Though hopefully it won't come to that, and you can rest properly..." His thoughts on the matter were merely being spoken for the sake of safety. And while it was unlikely that they'd have to be off the train by then, he'd just make sure she was placed in a proper locaton afterwards rather than actually try to carry her about till recovery.

He then finally let the smell of the food that had been given him really get to him. He was so focused on what ifs for their travels, that he had barely registered the fact he had a meal, though he did nod and smile lightly at the waiter earlier, however briefly, at least. Before he actually started to eat, he brought about a point of interest for later. "By the way, if the mid-point stop lasts long enough, would you like to go out for a stretch in Ponyville?" And so, he began to eat in contentment.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Kimi eyed him a moment wondering if he really listened to what she had said about her having defenses that can keep her safe and move her if needed. Well no matter, she told him what he needed to know and that was that. Kimi just went back to drinking her water slowly, it wasn't even like she was thirsty, it was more so to pass the time. She would do other things, but the other thing's she was interested in doing wouldn't be a good thing to do around civilians and the cabin is just to small for her liking. She'll just have to occupy her time in some other manner.

She eyed Sugary's meal looking it over, she wasn't hungry either, but she had noticed some thing's while sitting in the dining car. At least from what she saw in passing, a lot of the meals were vegetarian meals. She didn't really give it too much thought as she, for the moment, thought nothing of it. Though the offer about going to stretch in Ponyville seemed like a good idea. "That sound's like a good idea." she said in response. "Train ride's nice and all, but sitting around doing nothing, is no fun." she said in a slightly childish manner.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:57 am

"You think so too, huh? I thought you'd like the idea. Nice clean air and plenty of wide open spaces all around... Ponyville is a nice place, but strange things happen once in a while... Then again, that goes for everywhere, to be honest. Magical creatures kinda tend to wander here and there when no one keeps tabs on them... It's also the hometown of the Elements of Harmony. Princess Twilight's castle is quite a sight to see..." He then looked up to Kimi, seeming astonished by what he was about to share. "Her castle is actually on a mystical tree in that very town. Looks odd compared to the town, but there it is... I do miss the look of the old library though, but what's past it past..." He didn't expect they'd be doing too much sightseeing either, but he thought he'd try to stir her curiosity in some way.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 2:15 am

Kimi listened to what the stallion had to say about the upcoming town they would end up stopping at. It sounded interesting, though she noticed certain thing's he stated; the Elements of Harmony and Princess Twilight. She pondered on that for a moment and seemed a little confused as if she were questioning the thought of it, but she figured it was better to just see it than to question it and in the end she just nodded her head to what Sugary said. "Let's just hope and see when we get there, hopefully we shall have enough time to visit this place." she took another sip of her water. "You stated you miss the library, did something happen to it? Or has it just simply been a long time since you've last been there?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 5:04 am

Sugary stood up a bit straighter as he looked around a bit as the events regarding the changes might well be touchy for others that might have known of it well. "I didn't visit it too much per sé, but that's not the problem... While I wasn't there at the time, the original library treehouse was destroyed during the fight against the villain that went on a rampage. Figures that what grew afterwards in the same location soon after, or so I was told, would belong to Princess Twilight as the library did before... Except I only recall she was assigned by her former mentor to be there on another errand a few years ago... I'm just not sure how all the events are linked, but there you have it. Old tree blows up, then comes a new one."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 5:10 am

Kimi tilted her head to what Sugary had told her, so basically a tree blew up and a new one grew in it's place. This must be some sort of magically enchanted tree because as far as she was aware normal tree's didn't grow that fast. Then again...she was in a different world. So she took a moment to just process it and then just nodded her head and responded with a simple. "I see." She had taken noticed that Sugary has yet to even touch him food, like a mother habit, she made a comment without realizing. "Don't forget to eat your food now. You'll want your energy kept up." She grabbed her glass and she took a drink and looked out the window again. "So I take it this world doesn't require much in the way's of shady work?" by shady work, she meant things that ninja's could do.

She really couldn't see herself settling down and doing something else other than being a ninja. Even being a mother was a different thing because of the world she lives in. Not only did she had to raise them, she also had to train them as well. Not an everyday mother that run's a village, raises kids, and is a shinobi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Takes All Kinds [private]    It Takes All Kinds [private]  - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It Takes All Kinds [private]
Page 8 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next