OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Breaking Quarantine

Go down 
+3
Star Sentinel
Ician
Zen
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 5:10 am

Star flying up and looked down as the beast walked away. "Oh thank the moon that thing is stuck on the ground." He said letting out a long sigh. His ears perked up at what Distortion said and looked on his back to see if he was still hanging on. "Well that's new...Thestrals aren't really called angels. Distortion? Were you hit in the head or something? I was hit in the head, but I'm fine...Ish." He winced a little bit in pain and looked around for somewhere he could land, but at the same time somewhere that was somewhat off the ground.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 5:31 am

Finding a spot to land was pretty easy, and the ground itself was by now dozens of stories below. Still though there were dozens of spots to land. Either on another one of the elevated walkways or in one of the damaged buildings that surrounded them.

((Open RP))
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 5:36 am

Star flew over to one of the elevated walkways and set Distortion down. He, himself, landed and laid down to rest his suddenly aching head. He dare not believe it, but being hit in the head by that board back in the building did more damage to him than he originally though. He shook his head quickly and looked at Distortion. "Hey Distortion? You okay?"
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 5:46 am

"Mm... why I des'rve angels... I d'not know... Nothin' good 'bout my life..." Distortion slurred, finally losing consciousness and slumping over on the ground, the steady trickles of blood from where the bricks had hit him - in the forehead and in the back of his head - becoming apparent. His horn spluttered and died, the rune gun finally falling from his weak grip and clattering to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 6:18 am

Star stared at Distortion. "That...is not good..." He said, standing up and walking closer to Distortion. He took off his cloak and inspected the wounds. He shook his head, feeling another surge of pain coming from his head. "Ah shit...Stupid board..." He rubbed the side of his head, looked over at the rune gun. He walked over to the gun and strapped it to his back. "What to do now..." Another surge of pain went through his mind, forcing him to stumble a little bit. He slowly laid down next to Distortion, trying his best to ignore the pain and keep a look out for anything to happen.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:25 am

For hours nothing seemed to stir on the elevated walkway, or the buildings that surrounded them. Time passed, and the sun slowly worked it's way across the sky. For the moment at least, it seems that the two were undisturbed and unnoticed by anything within the area. A gentle breeze worked it's way in between the various somewhat damaged buildings that were in varying states of damage and overgrowth.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 2:23 pm

A faint light. Just a tiny pinprick of it, off in the distance. Distortion felt like reaching out to it, but he was in too much pain to try.

His head was pounding with the worst migraine he'd ever had. It felt like a thousand hangovers crammed into one. He was pretty sure he had a severe concussion, too. He thought that might be bad, but for the life of him he couldn't remember what the word meant.

Severe... it means bad, right?

Probably.

It took him a few more minutes to realise that the pinprick of light was a slight gap between his eyelids. Maybe he could open his eyes. At least, he should be able to do that much. The universe did owe him a favour after all that.

He tried. It worked. He was relieved.

The first thing he noticed was Star, off to his side. Even though he felt like he had died ten times over, it wasn't enough to stop him from smiling a weak smile. "Hey. Hey... wha' happened?"
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 6:27 pm

Star had closed his eyes the pain in his head getting to him. He was about to pass out when he heard Distortion. He lifted his head and turned towards him, a smile on his face. "Distortion? Oh thank the moon you're alright. What...happened while I was being smacked in the face by a board in the building? Oh...And are you alright? You have some blood trailing down from your head." A wave of pain made him stop in the middle of his sentence, forcing him to shake his head.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:21 pm

"Got attacked by a bunch a' bandits. Was a triumph, though. Still alive." He tried to sit up but just ended up twitching his limbs a little. "I'll be fine. Just gimme a little time."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 11:45 pm

"Well it's your turn to take watch. My head is hurting way to much to keep awake." Star said, unstrapping the rune gun from his back. He slid the gun over to Distortion before laying his head down on his front hooves and closing his eyes. He needed some sleep after all that has happened and him not getting any sleep at all lat night.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 1:40 am

"Eh... I c'n only look in one direction, yanno..." Distortion glanced forward, keeping his tired eyes peeled at the space in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:12 am

"It's better then you not looking at all." Star commented, letting out a sigh. He abruptly stood up and strapped the rune gun to his back again. "We better keep moving. We stayed up here for any longer and I fear something might attack us while I'm asleep. You are in no condition to fight." He slowly put Distortion onto his back and spread out his wings. "Think you can hold on tight enough so you don't fall?"
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:20 am

Distortion blinked as he was hoisted onto Star's back. "Hold on tight?" He smiled. "I... I c'n do that." He gripped Star's torso as tightly as he could .
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:32 am

Star got a running start, flapping his wings as he took to the skies. He kept his eyes and ears peeled for anything as he flew towards their destination, but then he abruptly stopped flying and hovered in the spot he stopped. "Hey Distortion? Do you remember what Buckle said about his friend helping us? Did he ever give us a location to meet this friend?" He asked, his head still hurting and his body suffering from lack of sleep, but he kept pushing through all of this.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 4:46 am

"Nah't sure." Distortion mumbled. "Can't remember. Hazy... Concussions ain't exactly conducive ta... Ta memory." He shook his head slowly, wincing. "Sarry."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 5:13 am

Star let out a deep sigh. "It's okay. Just hold on tight. I really don't want you to fall off my back." He said, flying towards the Magi-tech building. He took of his helmet as he flew so his head didn't have to handle the weight of the helmet. He needed to land soon, but didn't want to leave Distortion to keep a watch out. The stallion can barely talk for buck sacks.

He soon landed on one of the raised walk ways and put Distortion down. He put his helmet on the ground and looked around their immediate area, rubbing the side of his head. "I really hate to do this, but Distortion? Keep watch. My head hurts way too much to keep flying and I didn't get any sleep last night." He unstrapped the rune gun from his back and hoofed it over to the other stallion. He quickly laid down and closed his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 5:58 am

"A'right." Distortion wobbled on his hooves. His horn glowed softly, and the rune gun floated itself over to him. "I'll do muh best. Though I'm not sure this ol' thing still works 'nymore." He shook it a little. "I may have overloaded it jus' now."
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 6:05 am

The immediate area around them was surprisingly different given the relatively short distance they traveled. Here, the buildings were far more overgrown than they were just a few blocks ago. Vines covered the skybreakers (skyscrapers big enough to pierce the sky) like coats, turning the once stone or metallic colored buildings a lush green. Anywhere there was a flat surface, grass, trees, and other plant life sprouted and grew as vibrant as it would in any normal setting. Streams billowed out of various floors in the buildings, spilling out and disappearing from sight as they traveled to the ground now far below. A fine mist hung in the air, generating some humidity, but not an unbearable amount, though it did do a lot to obscure vision and possibly hide them.

The walkway itself was an exception though, being completely devoid of the plant life that dominated the nearby buildings. Even at the points where the walkways came up to the sides of the skybreakers to allow for ponies to go into or exit the building at the staggering height, were mostly devoid of plant life. For now, nothing seemed to move, but the calls of wild life rang out in echo's within the area. Around here, the concrete jungle was surprisingly replaced by a considerably more natural one.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 6:21 am

"Ooh... pretty..." Distortion surveyed the scene slowly. He could feel his mind beginning to clear, slowly, as his eyes rolled around in a lazy attempt to spot danger. His gun floated in the air beside him, drifting occasionally to the left and right. "R'minds me of... of..." He shook his head. "C'nt remember... I'll wait."
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 7:54 am

Star slowly dozed off into the dream world. He snored lightly, the pain in his head seeming to sleep his mind as he slumbered. He small smile spread across his mouth as he slept. "Mmm...Aye, aye...Captain..." He muttered in his sleep, his ears standing up straight at the sound of Distortion talking, but didn't move a muscle from his laying position.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 7:55 am

Distortion glanced at Star and smiled. "Heh... a guard through and through..." He kept scanning for danger, but the smile stayed on his face.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:02 pm

For a few more hours, the only sights and sounds were those of the rushing water, and almost animal like calls coming from the overgrown buildings. It was weird how much ambient noise was actually being generated, and even weirder how all of it but the rushing water suddenly went silent. Then a distant thud sounded out, that was soon followed by a second one, and eventually a third. In fact, they simply continued regularly and began increasing in volume but not frequency. Then the skywalk shook violently with the latest thud. Whatever it was, it seemed to be coming from the walkway to the left, though it was still hidden by the mist that flowed over the walkway.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Distortion was shaken out of his half-stupor. "Ah, not good." He shook Star vigorously. "Come on, come on, wake up..." He kept his gun leveled at the walkway to the left, prepared to shoot whatever it was that advanced towards them.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Star oped his eyes and looked up at Distortion. "Yes?" He said, letting out a yawn. He suddenly realized his situation when he felt the ground shake. He stood up on his hooves and looked around. "Uhh...Distortion? What is that noise?" He looked off to the left of the skyway to see if he could spot whatever was making the thuds. He grabbed his helmet with one of his hooves and put it on.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 7:34 pm

The shaking grew more powerful with every step of the lumbering beast that seemed to be approaching. Slowly a darker spot would appear within the cloud of mist, filling out and becoming more solid as the creature drew closer. Whatever it was, it was huge as the silhouette even towered over the two ponies. Slowly, a head was the first to emerge from the fog like mist. The over sized head looked vaguely pony like, but instead of a muzzle, it was closer to a turtle's beak and instead of a mane, it had a series of twitching stick like limbs jutting out of the top of it's head.

As it continued it's approach, more of the creature became visible. A massive shell, that would occasionally split lengthwise to reveal it as a secondary larger mouth, coated with jagged teeth. Four massive stub like legs that were responsible for the jarring thuds of it's steps, and a collection of small spindly ones that skittered along the surface of the walkway jutted out from the sides and under the mouth shell. When it saw the two ponies, the creature let out something closer to a bellow than a roar, but it started moving towards the two at a surprisingly fast pace given it's reminiscent turtle like look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine   Breaking Quarantine - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking Quarantine
Page 7 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 30  Next