OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)

Go down 
+5
Unity Wolfpony
Star Sentinel
Ician
Bookworm Guardian
Zen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Zen

Zen

Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Empty
PostSubject: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:48 am

After Princess Twilight's ascension, the fields of magic and technology saw an exponential increase in research and development. So much so that the Princess of magic actually created a new company just to help manage all the incredible ideas that were flooding the market. This was the creation of Magi-tech. Under her guidance and leadership, the land saw the development of incredible new advances like smaller more manageable airships that could be piloted by a single pony, and runic magic that allowed any pony with the knowledge and magically charged crystals to cast a number flashy spells unicorns were able to.

Those and many more incredible inventions were all made possible though through research and extensive testing at the Magi-tech tower, the center point and headquarters of the entire corporation located in the city of Trottingham. The city itself also saw an exponential increase, growing in size and technology at a rate that shocked thousands. The city's development was so great that it had to stop building out, and instead start building up. By mixing several of the different pony building techniques and materials, new sky scrapers that reached miles into the air came into being, soon followed by elevated walkways that snaked in between the structures. The sprawling city became a metropolis in record breaking time and for a while, everything was great.

Then the cataclysm occurred. Nopony is sure what exactly happened but one thing is clear, whatever happened inside the city had the princess scared. Scared enough that she immediately created a powerful barrier, and enacted a city wide quarantine. Nopony was allowed near the barrier, and soon it was reinforced with various runes and other enchantments. For years the purple barrier has remained, and over time, the rumors surrounding it have faded into myth. Dozens of stories lead wild claims of what occurred nearly 17 years ago yet the quarantine prevents all from know the truth. Until now that is...

The princess of magic is getting together another team of ponies to go into the quarantined city and find out exactly what has happened. It's been 5 years since the last one was sent in, and none of it's members have been seen again. In fact, none of any of the previous infiltration teams have been heard from again after infiltrating the quarantine. It's because of this, that the princess is offering the opportunity to volunteers. Who among you will sign on for this venture, into the quarantined city from which none have returned?

Rules:
1) One OC per players
2) The game will switch between open RP and turn based. Typically this change will occur when going into and out of combat, or more intense action scenes. When it's really important on who does what and when they do it, it'll likely be turn based, when everyone is just chillin in a relatively safe place, it'll be open RP. I'll make this distinction clear with each of my posts.
3) You can die, and there is also the chance that your character can mutate within this game.
4)No auto hitting
Back to top Go down
Bookworm Guardian

Bookworm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:11 am

I'd like to bring in Check Mate. Should I link his bio?
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:57 am

Please
Back to top Go down
Bookworm Guardian

Bookworm Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 3:58 am

Okay. Here's the bio (doing this on smartphone, sorry)
b]Name:[/b] Check Mate
Race: Unicorn
Alignment: True Neutral
Mane: Onyx Black
Coat: Alabaster
Cutie mark.: Black pawn being sliced by a katana
Extra details that aren’t needed but are nice to add: Always has a few bags under his red eyes
Distinguishing Features: Crimson eyes, broken shackles on his hooves
Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Aura powers (Explained in backstory), that augment his physical abilities.
-Aura Speed~ makes him quicker
-Aura Strength~ Makes him stronger
-Aura Shield~ Augments his ability to endure hits
-Aura Detect~ Shows him the auras of others (Shows whether they are good or bad at their core, and if they are ponies or animals)
-Aura Repulse~ Shoots concentrations of his own aura at others (Strongest attack, but will kill him faster)
-Aura Drain~ Steals the life force of others to replenish his own (He hates this move, and will only use it when absolutely necessary)
Weaknesses: Aura powers (drain his life force), "honor before reason" mentality, dark magic
Gear: katana, black trench coat, shackles over hooves
History: After his parents mysteriously vanished, Check was fostered by a travelling group of monks. He learned their ways, the most prominent of which was the power of Aura. Aura, or life force, was all around him. The monks taught him how to see auras, and how to manipulate his own, using it to augment his speed, strength, and durability. It manifests in a light red glow around his hooves or body. This power costs him though. Using it for too long, or with too much force, can drain his body of all its energy, killing him. He trained to minimized this, but the threat is still there. He was also taught in hoof-to-hoof combat, as well as how to wield a blade. After learning all he could from his masters, he set out on his own, wanting to make a name for himself.
Personality: As a pony, he is kind, tempered, and all around good hearted. As a sensei, he has learned to be cold, only giving subtle praise when it is deserved. His students only get his true respect when they have become somewhere close to his equal.
Current Home: Neighpon, though he travels often
Misc: The shackles along his hooves are a symbol of his freedom from normal sight. He takes them off at night, when he goes to sleep
Power Level
Strength: 2-4 (Aura Strength)
Intelligence: 3
Energy Projection: 4
Fighting Ability: 6
Durability: 3- 6 (Aura Shield)
Speed: 2-4 (Aura Speed)
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 1:23 pm

I'd like to sign Distortion up for this, if it's still going to happen (seeing that it's been more than a month I'm not entirely sure).
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 2:04 pm

I'd like to still see it happen, and I'll give it probably about another week of so to see if we can't snag a third, but yeah if not then we'll go ahead and run two.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Cool. I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:39 am

Hey, Zen. I heard you needed a third player. I'm guessing I can still join? I'd like to sign up with Star Sentinel if I can.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:55 am

Alright, yeah that sounds good. And with that we have our three, I guess I'll get to making the game, should be up relatively soon. Good luck! The signup however will remain up in case we got another, or someone is get's killed and they want to keep playing with a different OC (don't worry, we'll work out details as they come up).
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Alright, game is up now. Sorry about the delay, a storm hit and internet was knocked out for a while.
Back to top Go down
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 5:38 pm

damn i missed it, any chance of late entry?
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Yes, but we'll have to hash out details over a few PM's. Just to start off, go ahead and PM me the character you want to use
Back to top Go down
BronzeFog

BronzeFog

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 2:00 am

I'll use my Electrician, Thunder.

Her sheet below.

Name: Thunderstruck

Race: Unicorn

Mane: Bright yellow, styled like lightning, reaches down halfway to her knees, same with her tail.

Coat: dark, storm-cloud grey.

Cutie mark.: A bolt of lightning.

Extra details that aren’t needed but are nice to add:

Distinguishing Features: Her lightning-esque mane, and how her bright yellow eyes seem to spark whenever she is excited.

Specialty (eg. special spells, unique powers etc): Lightning-based spells and the inability to be harmed by her own

specialty, so she cannot have a 'taste of her own medicine'.

Weaknesses: The fact that, when she is under stress, her electrical powers will go haywire and she will not be able to

control them, just give a tiny bit of direction. Lost control is usual characterized by multiple, about a dozen, arcs of

electricity bouncing around her body, sometimes more.

Gear: A seemingly random assortment of tools.

History: Thunder was born in Ponyville but moved to Canterlot to begin her current profession of being an Electrician. She

had always liked working on machines and had a bit of a fascination for her father's work with Tesla Coils, and after she

got her cutiemark, she started studying up so she coukd get the job, and because of her immunity to being electrocuted,

she isn't even taking any risks. 'She avoids as much stress as possible after giving a friend a heart-attack when she lost

control, and has taken up meditation to try to solve the stress problem. She would have died a dozen times over if it

weren't for her apparent ability to absorb or redirect any electrical charge to prevent harm to herself.

Personality: Kind, shy, but very bubbly when she knows someone.

Current Home: Canterlot.

Misc: Every few seconds, a spark or two of electricity will arc from her mane, harmlessly small, but a bit alarming to

others usually.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 2:02 am

Going to sign up Diamond Mind, my usual RP whore, for this one.
Back to top Go down
Two Sides of the Coin

Two Sides of the Coin

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:39 pm

Is there still room for me to join?
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:49 pm

sure, post a link to the character you wish to use
Back to top Go down
Two Sides of the Coin

Two Sides of the Coin

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:53 pm

Then Dazzling Linesshall make his appearance in the new world.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 10:16 pm

I would like to sign up Mind Blaze.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Alright, I'll likely intro you in the next post or two
Back to top Go down
Unity Wolfpony

Unity Wolfpony

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 1:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)   Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking Quarantine (sign up, gore, suggested themes, violence)
Page 1 of 1