OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Thundershock

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sif

Sif

Thundershock - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 5:31 am

North tilts his head in confusion.  "What?  Why?  Earth ponies are nothing but brutes! They don't understand laws, art, culture! All they know how to do is work, and they rarely do that right! They don't even appreciate the paradise this city gives them! They've often tried to rebel, to ruin this city for everyone.  Why would you rather have yourself die over them?"  He'd raise his voice a bit as he says this, clearly becoming a bit angry.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 6:02 am

Fantasy backed up a few steps, and this time she was very clearly offended by his words. She had to push her anger down before she spoke, "Because..." She sighed. "It's... it's kind of complicated. It's not something I can easily summarize for a pony like you. That is, a pony with your beliefs, and morals.

Fantasy took a breath. "First, I would die for them because their actions proved that they would do the same for me. Not just for me, but for everypony else, too. Everypony they loved, they would put their lives on the line for.

"Secondly... I come from a different place, as I've said before. Equestria... in Equestria, all the pony kinds are equal. No one race is inherently superior to the other." Fantasy paused, forming her next words. "Nor are they treated as such. At least, they're not supposed to be." She went silent, her brain still working... but she wasn't sure what else to say.

Last edited by veryveryfluttershy on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 6:12 am

North would grow even more angry at her words, stepping closer and almost shouting his next sentence.  "How do you know they'd to the same for you?!  You don't know that, you think you know that.  Earth ponies can't even comprehend what sacrifice even is!  You put too much faith in them!"

He'd take a moment to calm, backing up and turning around, looking for any other ponies.  After a few seconds he'd turn back around to face her, his anger still clear, though lessened a bit.  He'd speak in a lower voice.  "Equestria?  In Equestria Earth Ponies are given the same power as Unicorns?  Even Pegasi?  Do you not see how much of a risk that puts you all in?  How Equestria even still survives is... impossible to imagine."  

He'd drop to the grass, sitting down as he attempts to calm himself.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Fantasy stood, silent, then sighed. She walked up to North and sat... about a yard to his right. After another minute, she spoke gently, "How? How is it impossible to imagine? I mean... I have some idea of how things work here, but it's all so foreign to me that... I can't really argue against anything that you say, because I don't know what I'm arguing against. All I know is... Equestria. Its equality, its harmony...

"What is this place?"
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 7:14 pm

North pauses for a moment, collecting his thoughts.  He'd remain quiet for a full minute before speaking.  "This place is... a paradise.  The old stories tell of a place far back, where unicorns ruled over everypony with an Iron hoof.  This city was founded to provide a safe place for Pegasi, a place where Unicorns are free from temptation and can create beauty, and a place where Earth Ponies can actually be productive, instead of before where they never contributed towards other ponies."

He'd hang his head a bit.  "I don't know how long the city has been around, I was born and raised here.  The only things I know are what we were taught growing up.  Taught that only here, in this floating city, are Pegasi truly free and safe."
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 7:35 pm

Fantasy raised an eyebrow. "And what about the unicorns and earth ponies? And what do you mean, 'earth ponies never contribute for other ponies'?"
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 7:54 pm

North lifts his head to look at her. "Here, Unicorns are free from the temptation to simply take beauty and instead can create it here, free to use whatever style or fashion they want. They can actually create art here. And Earth Ponies... they actually have a purpose in this city, unlike before."
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Fantasy frowned. "'Unlike before'? Before, during the time of the three tribes, the earth ponies grew crops for the pegasi and unicorns. Granted, that was part of the deal, there had been- they'd made a treaty after a three-way war that nearly destroyed the land, so... anyway, the earth ponies have a purpose. The land- the earth flourishes with their influence. And besides that, there are earth ponies that don't farm. One in Ponyville," Momentarily forgetting he didn't know what Ponyville was. "for example, is... well, the mayor of Ponyville." Fantasy thought. "I'm not sure what other examples I could provide; I don't actually know that many earth ponies. Oh! Princess Celestia's right-hoof mare is an earth pony.

"And unicorns create art in Equestria, too. And some of them have jobs in the government."
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:59 am

North simply goes silent, unsure where to begin with the information Fantasy just told him. He'd look up towards the sky, his eyes darting around a bit as he thinks, the gears in his head grinding. "Three tribes? ...War? Ponyville? What are you talking about? And how could the Earth Ponies help the land flourish on their own?"
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 2:10 am

Fantasy blinked. "Uh, earth pony magic?" she said, "Y'know, the magic that gives earth ponies an inherent connection to the earth and greater inter-special empathy?"
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 am

North recoils at this, his eyes wide and his mouth hanging open. He'd speak quite loudly, seeming to be completely surprised. "Earth pony what?! Magic? What madness are you talking about?"
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 2:26 am

"Wha- how do you not know about this? How do you think- why do you think the earth ponies do the farming?! Wouldn't it make more sense for unicorns to do it? We can speed-grow plants and- and we could have a field plowed in minutes, if we pooled our magical efforts. We could perform spells that grant super strength! But it wouldn't work, because magically-grown plants have no nutritional value. They usually can't even stand against a light breeze. And performance-enhancing spells just... they're just a temporary solution, and detrimental to physical health with repeated use."
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 2:44 am

North gives her the most confused look imaginable. He'd tilt his head, shaking it slightly as he tries to process what he's hearing. Failing in doing so he'd simply dismiss it. "That's... the most insane thing you've told me yet. Earth Ponies have no magic. They do so well at farming because it's simple enough for them to comprehend! Pegasi and unicorns could easily do it, but we have much bigger responsibilities..."
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:38 am

Fantasy blinked again. Slower. Her eyebrows furrowed. "...how are they better at picking things up with their hooves, then?"
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 6:47 pm

North looked to her, opening his mouth to speak before he pauses. He'd slowly close his mouth again, looking away and remaining quiet. He'd give a half-hearted shrug, showing that he didn't have an answer to that, at least not one that really made sense.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 7:08 pm

"Earth pony magic, dude. If they want, a thing can practically magnetize to their hoof." Fantasy said. "How do you guys not know about earth pony magic? Even the hoof thing! I mean, they're right there!" Her hoof gestured in some vague direction beyond Unicornia, presumably at Earth. "Do you guys just assume it's like... a gift, of some sort, that the earth ponies have? Some inexplicable ability they all have?"
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 7:23 pm

North would shrug again, shaking his head before speaking. "Never really paid much attention to them to really notice it. I guess I just assumed it was some strange Earth Pony ability. Hearing you call it magic..." He'd hold his head for a few moments and sigh.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 7:27 pm

Fantasy leaned forward a little to get a better view of North's face. "Something wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 7:39 pm

North would lift his head up to look at her for a moment before looking forward, glancing around at the many fruit trees and plants. He'd shrug. "I don't know. I don't know what to say or think right now. If Earth Ponies are magical, like you said, and if they really are the main reason things grow so well... then they pose a serious threat to Pegasopolis."

He'd sigh again before continuing. "You could also simply be lying, but... I don't know why you would."
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Fantasy nodded. "Earth ponies are, I'm guessing, solely responsible for Pegasopolis's food supply. And manual and menial labor. Though I don't think they'd pose that great a threat to Pegasopolis. After all, the pegasi could just throw troublesome earth ponies off the city." More or less.
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 7:52 pm

North would let out a laugh at that before commenting. "Sometimes we do. Troublesome Earth Ponies aren't a rarity in the city." He'd continue looking forward as he talks.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Fantasy frowned. "And... what do unicorns do, again?"
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 8:02 pm

"Unicorns are far, far less troublesome. Sure, a few break laws and such and are swiftly punished, but they mostly keep to themselves and their beauty in Unicornia. I occasionally go there when off-duty. They usually have some great shows going on!" He'd laugh lightly, a short smile forming as he reminisces. After a few seconds though, a frown overtakes him as he remembers the situation he's currently in.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 8:11 pm

"Mm-hmm." Fantasy hummed. "So unicorns are kept complacent and placated."
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 8:15 pm

North looks to Fantasy, tilting his head a bit in confusion. "What? They're not kept... they enjoy it. Besides, it's better than them ruling over everypony else. Now they make beauty instead of take it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thundershock
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: Roleplay-
Jump to: