OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Missing In Action

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

Missing In Action Empty
PostSubject: Missing In Action   Missing In Action Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 1:06 am

What is Rookietropolis?
Rookietropolis is the in-house name for a series of periodical comics produced by Marevel Publishing Inc. The comics include a disparate cast of characters from other Marevel titles, largely Power Ponies series, with the main characters in any single comic being aged down and having their training regressed: The main heroes of each story are rookies, and they face rookie problems.
While there are certainly continuity nods between individual issues of Rookietropolis, for the most part it has an episodic nature and there is no proper continuity between any two comics in the series. Sometimes characters are adults and experts, sometimes those same characters are adults and rookies, and sometimes they’re teenaged rookies, it just depends on the nature of the comic.
Now then, let us move on to the premise of this thread.

The Premise of this Thread
The premise of this thread is that I need to stop writing like a bad Silver Age comic writer.
The actual premise for this particular thread will be that a visiting superhero has failed to report in to the Power Ponies, so it’s suspected that he’s been kidnapped (we’re hoping kidnapped). While awaiting ransom demands, we’re sending out whatever spare ponies we have on hand to go and do some low-key investigating. Since we’re looking for low-key, we’ve picked some no-name rookies that can probably go unrecognized provided that they don’t parade around in latex and externally-worn underwear too much while they’re looking around.

Things!
■ Until another mod tells me otherwise, Market says it’s okay to use “normal” accepted characters and just give them superpowers and stuff for the purposes of a thread. So go crazy with that. I will be the final judge of what I allow in my thread.
■ I’m going to drive along the plot with a sledgehammer if I have to.
■ You’ll notice this is a short signup for me. This is correct. More in-depth startup post should be expected, with things like team loadout, equipment, who’s dispatching you, and where in the city we’re going. It’s part of the surprise, and suspense, and the investigatory bits.
■ This is an investigatory thread. While you’re free to try and be showy superheroes, you’re supposed to be playing more like rookies, probably with poor control of their powers, their emotions, and quite possibly their bladders. I’d appreciate more of a calm, getting-into-characters and characterization-focused thread, but I can cope with you people deciding that going in guns blazing is the ideal method.
■ If you do go in guns blazing, don’t be surprised if everyone treats you like a bunch of immature kids.
■ Oh, and this is supposedly a bright, happy, lighthearted thread. If the Dark Knight shows up, I expect mild parodying of his emoness.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

Missing In Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing In Action   Missing In Action Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 4:59 am

Signing up Maretropolis Fantasy. Not bothering to link her sheet because the Maretropolis Character thread only has, like, two pages. You can find her. Only thing is that instead of being picked up by merponies, she was brought to a place called The Dead End. OP gave me permission to use this in her history.
Back to top Go down
jz96

Missing In Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing In Action   Missing In Action Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:09 pm

Ah, what heck.
I'm going to sign up Dream Sickle.
Her Secret ID: Permafrost.
The suit, a dark blue hoody that covers her body and cutie mark. and a pure white mask that covers half of her face while still letting her see and talk.
Her house, an apartment in the theater district. Kept at a chilly below 32 degrees. Because she like the cold.
Why she doing this. "I like making sculptures and all, but all my friends like to beat up baddies so I figured why the heck not."

Last edited by jz96 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dawnpath

Dawnpath

Missing In Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing In Action   Missing In Action Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:07 pm

https://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk/t112p15-maretropolis-oc-character-thread

Here lies Maven's sheet. It's about half way down the page.
Back to top Go down
PortalHunter

PortalHunter

Missing In Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing In Action   Missing In Action Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 3:22 pm

Scintilla is gonna be havin' a lotta FUN with this case!!!!1!!

Exigen is on the case!!! SOOOO AWESOME

He can manipulate gravitational string behaviour and cause cessations in shifts in polyphase contextualization boundaries in dispersed evanescent portalform microstructures.
Back to top Go down
http://portalhunter.deviantart.com
Brony_Khaos

Brony_Khaos

Missing In Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing In Action   Missing In Action Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Okay guys, just letting you all know that this is happening, I just need to figure out how I'm going to write the intro and a few expected NPCs. It might be a while but this is going to happen at some point.
On that note, JZ, Portal, neither of you have superhero identities. MAKE SOME. You're rookies, but you still gotta be like, super secret and stuff, perhaps even moreso.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Missing In Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing In Action   Missing In Action Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing In Action
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: Roleplay :: Roleplay Sign ups-
Jump to: