OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work)

Go down 
+2
Pseudologia Fantastica
Zen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Two Sides of the Coin

Two Sides of the Coin

Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work) Empty
PostSubject: Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work)   Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 4:27 am

A darkness has long set over the land of Equstria. Ever since the first attack of Nightmare Moon there was a sickness that spread across the land. Evil grew into the very heart of the forests and land. Nothing seemed as it was for the darkness had permeated the very essence of the once peaceful land. Corruption moved; tainting creature and plant alike to make monsters that would only be seen in fairy tales. From mountain, forest, under ground and desert they came. The elements of harmony were constantly occupied with larger villains and couldn't deal with the smaller time stuff. The killing or control duty was given to the already overtaxed guards. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna both saw this. In-spite of warnings given by royal advisers the Princesses came up with a new plan to deal with the extra monsters around. Offering gold and gems for payment; mercenary work became more popular in Equstria.

Soon enough when bigger monsters were called out to be killed there was a distinct lack of interest for the larger monster field. In order to keep the monsters quelled a team was need  to take care of a more "delicate" situation in the north west. Celestia and Luna could only hope and pray that the ponies they summoned would come. Lives were at stake and gold wasn't just a mere object in this case.

Alright so you will be grouped with a few other ponies, taking on threats against Equstria. At the same time you will be payed sums of gold and gems for each monster part you bring into the court to show that you dealt with the beast in the way you want. One thing is that if you are by yourself then you are more likely to get killed. Stay with the group, it is your best chance of survival.

Rules

1. No Auto hitting, there will be a just amount of hits to misses and I will keep it fair.

2. Your character might be subjected to death, dismemberment, and general wounds when fighting monsters

3. As I said above but I will repeat here; Don't leave the group. That is the surest and fastest way to get your character killed.

4. Fighting monsters is ok but not fighting each other. You are going to need each other.

When we start the RP your characters will be arriving at the front of the castle. Also another thing... at the current moment I am unsure if this will be anthro or regular. Tell me if it should be anthro or regular on your character sign-up. Include any details you would like to add to your character in the sign-up as well but you can have any tech as long as it isn't higher then a cross bow. No guns or fancy equipment

Last edited by Two Sides of the Coin on Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work)   Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 5:01 am

Geeze, I could sign up just about half of my OCs for this. But I think I'll go with Ungetüm Jäger for this, after all, monster hunting was a prior profession of his, and he's already had a good share of wounds, dismemberment, and even died a couple times so there's nothing new there. As for any extra stuff... well there's the slight issue about his one mechanical arm and his mechanical wings

Last edited by Zen on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pseudologia Fantastica

Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work)   Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:09 am

I have exactly one mercenary character, Honed Edge, who I conveniently want to use more. I'd also like anthro, mostly just because I prefer fingers over unexplained hoof-gripping magic.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Soul

Dragon Soul

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work)   Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:20 am

I might as well sign up Ash Longbow. He's the only one I have that's a true mercenary. He's definitely in it for the money, though helping ponies is a nice plus.

Also, I can do either anthro or regular, though I do like anthro a little more.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work)   Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 10:20 pm

I will sign up Sophie Witherweird.
I prefer regular as opposed to anthro, honestly.
I'll be adding a crossbow to Sophie's normal equipment then.
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work)   Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Frost Scale will try to help clear this world of vile beasts. Though his size may be a slight problem.

EDIT: Arianwyn will need the gold and thus will send Frost for it. She will only be there at the beginning.

Last edited by DragonXneoN on Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Two Sides of the Coin

Two Sides of the Coin

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work)   Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:58 pm

The thread is up! https://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk/t198-on-the-hunt-for-gold-and-monsters-see-sign-up-if-you-want-to-join-fighting-monster-hunting#17556

If anyone would like to join, post here or send me a Pm and we can talk it over.
Back to top Go down
Two Sides of the Coin

Two Sides of the Coin

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work)   Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 5:53 pm

If you don't post within three days I will be forced to skip you in order to keep the thread moving
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work)   Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting for Monsters and Gold (Violence, Fighting Monsters, and Mercenary Work)
Page 1 of 1