OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Skirmish struggles.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 6:50 am

Suggestions would come to be sure, several in the form of old but reliable tactics being retold as reminders for the newer faces. In particular though, came the suggestions from the eldest of the commanders in the group. One lamently suggested a retreat back to the city limits for protection, reinforcing themselves all over again or risk actually being followed by a superior numbered force outside their home fields. Another insisted alongside the previous one that sending out more scouts would be vital during this time to better assess the enemy activity since. A third one then brought up a matter that had been held back for some time, and joined in with the first idea as well by suggesting that more soldiers be given a chance to return to their friends and family to rest their weary souls, lest they falter in the face of fierce enemies later on.
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 7:04 am

Nuria shook her head at the same old tactics being shared again. They needed something new. Something fresher to turn the tide in their favor. And then it was suggested that they return home... Home... Now that it was mentioned, she was beginning to feel the same way. And she hadn't even thought about troop morale for a long time. Perhaps that was the better option. "... Very well... I've made my decision. We will return to the city limits to rest and resupply." She said, setting her empty cup down. "Send a small scouting party out as well, and have them report back to the city when they are finished."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 1:33 am

After a few more talks, the orders were fully relayed among all the commanders and the rest of them would be scattered as needed to get the preparations to move going. Things would get more lively outside as part of the process, leaving the tent a bit quieter by comparison.

Soon, Market walked by Nuria's side, drinking his own tea and wincing a bit at the taste. "Needed more honey..... Ma'am? Been meaning to have a word with you... How do you think things should've gone?" He looked rather intently into her eyes, wanting to gauge the young Queen's state of mind again.
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 4:35 am

Nuria looked at the mercenary with frustration. "Why do you ask such a rediculous question?" She asked him. She made her way to the entrance of the tent. "The answer is not at all..." She said, exiting the tent and walking to her own. She needed rest, if she could get any.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 11:21 am

Market remained briefly in place, blinking once as he saw Nuria make her way out with a weak smile on his lips. "... Not a bad answer at all, Ma'am. I'll be getting ready to leave as well." He drank his tea in peace, and eventually moved about the camp to look at the retreat progress up close.

Nuria would get some time to rest for herself, mainly because she would be the last one to be disturbed from her rest as she was called by one of her commanders so her tent could be dismantled and moved out as well.
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 2:54 am

Nuria wouldn't get much rest, but that was hardly an oddity in the camp. She had her tent disassembled and went to the forming remnants of her army. She would lead the march from the front. The trip home seemed quicker than it was, but it was no less quiet on Nuria's part. She tried not to think about the questions she would be asked on her return.

When the army came into view of the city, Nuria swallowed her heart back into her chest. She commanded the guideons to carry their banners high. This was simply a resupply, not a surrender. They marched to the gates of the city and entered. Nuria tried to brace herself for whatever reception she would receive.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 4:16 pm

The reception would be a mixed one of light cheer for their return, and quiet anxiety for good news as well as reverence for the Queen passing by. From among the crowd, however, an inevitability would present itself in the form of random kirins wanting some answers; Friends and family of the other prisoners whose fate remained unknown, as well as some fallen soldiers. From nearby, they asked the army in general for whomever they could ask, but looked to their Queen for peace of mind as well even if none asked her directly. Where did family go? Where did lovers go? Where have good friends gone? Would they ever meet again?"
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 1:55 am

Nuria, for the most part, would let the warriors do all of the talking. She would never address any kirin directly, keeping her head high and her eyes forward up until the army entered the palace grounds. From there, she had them dismissed. The resupply would take some time, and the warriors were free to go and see their families. Nuria on the other hand, had someone she wanted to see. He dear friend who was comatose when she had left. She hoped he was well, she hadn't even thought about him since she had left.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 8:35 pm

((Good old Pops))

When Nuria reached the room where the Great General was being treated, she would pass by a few of the medical assistants and watchers. They were grateful for the safe return of their Queen, but the room had a general feel of sadness as they bowed and kept to their duties; Soon enough she'd know why as his bed would be spotted along with him. The great warrior, good friend, and mentor was in his prime no more, for his wounds had been severe. What remained was a weak, crippled, and elderly Kirin that could barely even look her way without straining himself, covered in scars, bandages, and ointments. At least he still kept his reasoning when he spoke. "... Ah... Forgive my pitiful state, Your Highness... How fares the conflict...?"
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:15 pm

Nuria stepped into the room and looked her dear friend in the eyes. For once in this whole war, she actually felt a bit of joy. Seeing that he was, for the most part, alive and well. She approached the bed he lay in and shook her head. "Bedridden and still all you can think about is what's happening on the front?" She tried to give the battle worn kirin a hug without hurting him. "Everything is... Fine... The army has returned to the city to rest and resupply before we go out again."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 1:16 am

The elder Kirin made a light groan under his breath during the light hug, body still tender from the wounds but enduring well enough as he let Nuria do as she desired. However, he was suspicious of the news. "... My duty is to serve the Queen... and her kin above all else... But I had thought I taught you better... than to just say the conflict is going fine... I know you didn't want to fight... How may I aid you, my Queen?"
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 3:41 pm

Nuria looked away from the elderly kirin's eyes. "We were able to save most of your warriors." She told him. "We assaulted a Minotaur stronghold and ran ourselves through that just fine. But then... Ugh... I was so stupid, I thought it was a good idea to assault a dragon nest!" She looked ashamed for the action. The battle was pitiful, she was outnumbered and outmaneuvered. A disgraceful loss...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 11:09 am

The elder looked to Nuria with a mixture of pride and disapproval. "Foolhardy as it was... at least your blood runs hot with a pure Kirin's courage...!" He tried to laugh a bit, but it only strained him further and so he had to calm down and close his eyes. "... But do not forget... How it all went... How it all felt... The sounds... The pain... The blood spilled... Do not forsake any of it... Until you overcome it... You must not falter... The sacrifice of the fallen must not be wasted... Even if we were to get aid... we must assume none will come..." It was then he opened one eye towards her. "... Speaking of which... Did that unicorn fall as well...? He's supposed to look after you..."
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 11:23 am

Nuria didn't smile at his words, but took them to heart nonetheless. She did, however, crack a smile at the mention of her mercenary. "No, he lives still." She said. "He is remarkably durable for a unicorn. And he's been an invaluable asset... As well as a good friend." She would have to do something for him now that she thought about it, as thanks for Sugary's actions.

Her smile faded again as she thought more about her own actions. Both towards Sugary and her own warriors. "I've not been a very good friend myself..." She says. "My actions have been selfish... And vengeful..."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 9:15 pm

The elder made a low growling sound, but it was more like a purr of consolation than anger. "... Good... Would be a shame if he died... So very few have come to aid... And even fewer are willing to fight with us... I'll bet many still thought... I was throwing away our pride, to plea for our safety and survival... As for you... Save the cold shoulders for us soldiers..." He struggled, but cracked a smile in return. "... You're not a soldier, you're my beloved Queen... Anger clouds the minds of the kind... But you have passion... Let that drive you... Let go of anger, only victory matters... I want more of that compassion out of you..."
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 2:00 am

Nuria looks to her friend and mentor. He was much wiser than she, but she was learning much from him, even now. She gave a small smile again and rested a claw on the side of his bed. "I will do my best." She says. She takes in a deep breath and glances out the window. "I should really get some rest of my own. Don't push yourself too hard. I mean it." She leaned over and gave the elderly kirin a kiss on the forehead. He was such a dear friend, she would be lost without him. "I'll be sure to come by tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 2:55 am

The elder let out low and weak growl of protest for Nuria as he closed his eyes to rest even if he really didn't want to, leaving her with the peace of mind of his survival at least as the medical staff returned to their watch of the crippled champion.

However, that still meant she had to deal with the reality of a dire situation once she left the room once more, as the farther out she went, the more she'd hear the mournful roars and howls of those who had lost others. How well would she hold up from there as she made her next choice...?
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:43 pm

Needless to say, Nuria hurried her way out, having no desire to sit and listen to the mourning. She instead made her way home, to the castle, where she would meet with a handful of commanders to listen to their final reports for the day. She had asked for the number of troops lost, as well as what equipment could be realistically replaced. The official first day of their return would start tomorrow, which would mean that resupply would start and planning for the next move could be done.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 7:12 pm

Fortunately for Nuria, the numbers lost was not as severe as the battles made them out to be, but rather, it was the fact she had to witness it all up front that made it seem that way. However, the cold reality was that for every soldier they lost, they had that much less might as a whole when opposing a large alliance bent on their demise and resources, one still three times larger than them at the very least, and many of them just as fierce as they were head to head.

Supplies would not be difficult to restore, especially since not everything was sent out in the last battle. The defense could be easily ensured once again if there was enough time. The catch was no one knew how much time they had before the next battle as the scouts investigated enemy movements tediously for the time being. One thing everyone agreed on though: the battles have begun to escalate, and will continue to do so...

One other subject was brought to light by the end of the meeting, and it involved a letter on behalf of the very elder Nuria had gone to visit while in treatment. It contained another attempt of getting more aid from their equine cousins, but again the response was neutrality for uncertain reasons, meaning the only allies for now were the independent few like Mr. Market, looking for rewards, a challenge, just happen to have sided with the Kirins of their own free will...
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Nuria was happy at least that the losses weren't as bad as they seemed, even if they seemed great. She dismissed her commanders for the night and gave them the task of coming up the tactics to outsmart their enemies. After all, more than one mind working towards a single goal would be much better than just hers. For now though, it was time to rest. She reached her bed and stripped herself of all clothing, feeling freed of that burden at least, and climbed into the blankets and cushions, letting herself drift off to a deep sleep for the first time in weeks.

The next couple of days went by in a similar fashion. She would visit her recovering friend, oversee some small task, and then leave her warriors to relax while the resupply concluded. By now, the scouts should have returned with some clue as to what the enemy activity was like. So the first order of business was to plan the first move after their recovery against the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 1:45 am

In time, Nuria would receive a report in private regarding enemy activity from the scouts, and they were most certainly bad news: The focus for their armories and warriors did not go towards reinforcing their defenses, but rather they were putting up the majority of their focus into preparing for much bigger offensives. Minotaurs were getting improved supplies, tools, and siege weapons; griffons were being outfitted with lighter and harder gear; and dragons were training and sharpening their claws in mass more than ever. The Kirin's well earned, but short-lived breather would end soon...
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 2:58 am

Nuria sighed at the bad news. She had to make a decision now. Would she go out again? Or would she hold down and defend the city... Maybe she could meet them halfway and form a defensive line. That would at least keep the enemy at bay.

"We'll meet them on our terms, out in the field." She says. "We won't go far. In fact, I want to keep the city within eyesight." With the city in sight, the warriors would hopefully fight harder, defending their home.

A few hours pass and Nuria stands far outside the city, surveying the field in which she would do battle. She picked a good hill and decided this would be the best place. "I want a trench dug here." She orders. We will stop their siege weapons before they can get to the gates. Stagger the remaining artillery from here to the city walls."

She tried to think of anything else she wanted to do before she ordered preparation to begin. "Hm. And send a small contingent to harass to griffin forces. Don't directly engage, but keep the busy and tire them out. As for the dragons.." How did one defeat an army of dragons? Well, perhaps there was a way.

"Here's the plan. We keep our main force here, between them and the city. The trenches will stop the siege weapons and the minotaurs. If they try to let their infantry cross, they'll be easy prey for our line. The griffin force will have to be focused on by the artillery and the secondary force. With as much ground as they will need to cover, they'll easily be picked off before they can reach the city."

"Lastly, I want a company of our best fighters hidden at the flank. As soon as the dragons reach our line, they'll smash into them like a hammer to an anvil." She gave the word and the preparation began. It would be hard. The battlefield was three dimensional, but it was better than going out and meeting the enemy on unfamiliar ground again.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 6:43 pm

Most of Nuria's orders would be relayed as the forces scrambled to make their preparations, but something out in the distance would make itself shown some time after a scout had returned with news of a large dragon carrying something metallic with it as it flew with some unknown writing on it while flanked by several griffons with bowguns. The dragon, of course, would fly fast with a menacing grin, but it would not come too close to the Kirin's territory either as the instant any signs of pursuit showed, the dragon would fly low, drop the container, and leave as fast as possible.

It was up to Nuria and her forces to investigate what was left for them by either the contingency or someone else, but there seemed to be something spilling out a bit from the side. And if the wind shared anything eventually for anyone close enough, is that there was the smell of meat coming from it, but no sounds...
Back to top Go down
Alpha P

Alpha P

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 11:43 pm

The sight of dragons was alarming at first. But as they left, leaving only the box, Nuria and a small group approached the box, smelling the scent of blood and meat. Everyone knew what it likely was, but not one of them wanted to open it... Intead, Nuria ordered it to be buried where it was. She couldn't risk her warriors becoming disheartened, so she ordered those in the group to keep the secret under all circumstances. Now all that was to happen was the organization of troops, and then the wait...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 4:30 pm

Even if kept secret, the container was of a rather large size to those close enough to it, and the carvings all over it would be a bit hard to ignore. It was merely intimidation, but lives were lost, and the message was clear within the crude writing upon the metal with blood and steel: You should've quit while you had the chance! More blood will be spilled! Failures! Couldn't save these sad sops, you can't save yourselves! Die die die!! Just one more day...

Back at the defensive line, Market awaited along with the rest for the return of Nuria, hoping that whatever was inside what was dropped wasn't going to cause more trouble. He couldn't help but feel a chill run down his spine as they went about burying it.

Regardless of when they were all ready, eventually a group of scouts would return with frantic news. The enemy army was well and truly ready, and they were large and well organized; Frighteningly so. One thing they all agreed on though: The enemy was set to attack one day from now, but already they sang fanfare as their forces rallied. In time, they would all set out in their largest bulk yet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skirmish struggles.   Skirmish struggles. - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skirmish struggles.
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Archive :: Completed-
Jump to: