OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

National Identity

Go down 
+7
Brony_Khaos
StrawberryGamer
Ician
Zen
Star Sentinel
The_Pariah
Sharp
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ician

Ician

National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 7:53 am

Issue Response
Previously fraternities existed as independent entities. Now, the Glacian government has decreed that all fraternities will no longer be independent, and must instead be registered with the government. They will be required to follow strict rules and guidelines regarding their conduct and actions, and are expected to follow any instructions the government may issue. Each fraternity is also required to have a government-selected individual as a senior member (with authority) within the fraternity itself.

Any fraternities that fail to obey these instructions will be considered unofficial and illegal; any gatherings that may occur can and will be broken up by law enforcement personnel, and its members potentially arrested. Laws have been revised accordingly for the prosecution of such cases.

World Issue Response
Glacia, as always, wishes to maintain and uphold the peace. Additionally, it wishes to reaffirm that it shares formal alliances with the following nations:

The Mistypeaks Trade Conglomerate
The Republic of Eternia
The Federation of Lavinya
The Democratic People’s Republic of Accenture
The Heroarchy of Nocturnia
The Kingdom of New Pegasopolis

Equus Union Interaction
Glacia, as usual, heartily maintains its extended invitations for all to join the Equus Union.

Telegrams

Telegram to: Speaker of the Congress Keen Edge of the Lunar Republic Governance:

Telegram to: Leader Star Sentinel of the Heroarchy of Nocturnia:

Telegrams (Updated 10/6/15)

Telegram to: Lady Scarlet Writ of the Federation of Lavinya:

Telegram to: King Brutus the 23rd of the Empire of Minotauros:

Telegram to: Leader Star Sentinel of the Heroarchy of Nocturnia:

Non-Issue Internal Action
Construction of the Grand Embassy proceeds according to schedule, and will be completed in two months barring any major unforeseen circumstances.

Glacia has also initiated Project: Hologram, which aims to harness the power of illusion magic to project images of individuals that imitate the behaviour of the individual in question, similar to the effects holograms achieve.

Glacia also invests in larger and more powerful teleportation devices and platforms, in order to transport higher amounts of goods and individuals with greater efficiency across the Imperial Utopia.

Miscellaneous
Once again at Corvasiath
“Thank you. And the Empress has authorised me to accept.” He nodded to one of the guards by his side. “You’re allowed to mess around with the dragonfire comm for the next five minutes. Send a response to the capital.” The guard saluted, took the scroll, and proceeded back to the shuttle.

Robin pulled out another, very thick scroll. “Okay, so the rest of the agreement is a hundred pages long, so here’s a summary. We sell you Gemstones at an agreed-upon price, revised every year - usually it’ll be first quarter market rates - at a quantity of ten thousand kilograms a month. We’ll also send over a research team to Mistypeaks, led by Dr Distortion, to engage in joint research.” He lifted his tail to his hand, and he pulled out another pen. “Once again, I’m authorised to make changes as I see fit. Powerful little me.” He tugged the bottom of the scroll, revealing a line and the words ‘Signature and Seal’ underneath. “When it’s all good, sign here please.”

Last edited by Ician on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 am

Issue Response: The four leaders of Nocturnia sat in a room thinking about what to do about the law for doctors to end a suffering patience's life. All were going back and forth about whither they should make it law or not, some giving way to the other's reasons and others not.

"We must make it legal. These poor patience don't need to suffer any more. They are asking for doctors to take away the suffering. They know fully what they are asking for and they must know what effects it will cause. You must understand, Soundless, some ponies are tired of fighting to live. Not all have your strength."

"Hmm...You do have a point, Elegant...But what if the next day we find the cure and the day before someone asked a doctor to kill them. What about their families? The families will be devastated if we allow this to be a thing. You must know that."

"I say that if the pony says to their family that they can't live with the suffering any longer they should be allowed to die. Suffering is not a fun thing. They should know their are consequences to asking for death. The should know the effect it will have to those close to them. They should fully accept all of this and the emotional crushing sadness they will put on the ponies close to them. And only then should the doctors grant the pony their request. Only then when they say they understand and still want to die then they should die. I hope that during that time that someone close to them can change their mind.

"Hmm...I'm sorry, Soundless, but I'm with Elegant and Nocturnal on this one. They should be allowed to die if they truly want to. When they have told the ones close to them and understand what they are doing, should they be allowed to ask for death. Suffering is never a fun thing and should not be taken lightly."

Finally giving in, the last leader of Nocturnia sides with the rest and they all agree to make the law legal, but they well make doctors make sure the patient fully understands what they are asking and how that will effect everyone close to them before they should give the patient what they asked for.

World Issue Response: Nocturnia remains at peace with everyone.

Equus Union Interaction:

Telegrams:
To The Lunar Republican Governance::

To Lavinya::

To The Mistypeak Trade Conglomerate::

To Glacia::

Non-Issue-Internal-Action:
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 4:42 pm

Issue Response: "A space program?" Scarlet exclaimed in confusion as she read over the papers that had been given to her.

A silent nod of agreement from the porcelain bodied member of the chamber. "That's what they seem interested in, I thi-"

"I like it!" Scarlet suddenly interrupted, gaining the looks of all three of the others. "Let's throw a grant towards a collaboration of hoof picked group of scientists. They might be a little upset about being interrupted in their own works, but I've good feelings that they'll find the task... a good challenge for their combined intellect. Oh, and I actually don't want them looking towards Nocturnia for inspiration. They use too much technology anyways, if we're to reach space, it'll be through our magic!"

A collection of sighs and chuckles go around the room at the appearance of Scarlet's determination and national pride. The other three members don't see a need at the moment to try and dissuade her, and so begin work on the needed papers.

And so with that, an initial grant for funding has began to be formed, gradually so as to minimize the impact of siphoned funds, and letters sent to a multitude of magical scientists and researchers to begin brainstorming on alternative methods of reaching space.

World Issue Response: The Federation of Lavinya continues to uphold it's treaty with Glacia.

Equus Union Interaction: If there is none to be had, then none shall be started by the nation of Lavinya at this time.

Telegrams:
To The Mistypeak Trade Conglomerate:

To The Heroarchy of Nocturnia:

To the Lunar Republican Governance:

To His Splendid Majesty, He of the Moonwater, Sol Invictus, Lord Faye of Hydrargyria:

To Prime Minister Amor of the Republic of Eternia:

To The Imperial Utopia of Glacia:

To the Monarchy of Minotauros:

To Ser Dedan Cardine of the Gallentine Republic:

To the Democratic People’s Republic of Accenture:

To New Pegasopolis:

Non-Issue-Internal-Action: The initial prospect of modifying the genetics of the plants will be met with confusion and a little hostility from the resident Tyravanni (plant pony). By her, there are some gentle notions that scientist should redirect their attention away from modifying the crops, and working towards making new landmasses for the crops to grow upon. There's even a literal point towards the scattered and sparse floating islands in the nation itself accompanied by a "make more of these, and I'll see to it personally that plants will grow," by council member Maple.

In other news, a conference is being called to ask and answer questions about the need for the 'memory orb'. After it's concluded, the four heads of the council return to their work, hopeful that they've alleviated most concerns, or at least eased them for the moment.

Lastly, the redirection of funds for the project continues unabated.
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 11:07 pm

Issue Response: Deep within the comfort chamber of Mistypeak's rulers, two immortal golem meisters are reading out a newspaper to their fellows. And blushing horribly. "S-So... That's the latest issue? What do we do about it?" Castle asks, looking up from her papers. Squeeky stands up, idly lighting his goatee on fire."Speaking as the owner of a closet full of gear, I rule in favor of the protesters." "S-Same." Castle stutters, sitting next to Veil. Faerie looks over at the two, intrigued. "Castle, Veil, why are you two blushing? It's not that big a deal. Unless.... Wait, are y-" "SHUT UP!" The two blushing golem meisters growl out. Lumos falls back, giggling. "Hehehehe... Oh my..." "Not. A. Word." "Let's move on. There isn't much we can do beyond commanding that those who wish to do business in Mistypeak cannot discriminate against anyone, especially those into .....That.... for any reason. Fines shall be imposed on any who do." The other rulers nod in agreement. The announcement is pinned the following day.

World Issue Response: Mistypeak continues planning for the various contests and festivals that seem to have sprung up. It also reaffirms its alliance to Glacia.

Telegram:
To Lavinya::
To Premier Accentria of The Democratic People's Republic Of Accenture::
To Prime Minister Armor of the Republic of Eternia::
To the Nation of Nocturnia::
To the Monarchy of Minotauros::

Corvasiath: The golem nods, though it makes no move towards the dragonfire comm. "Response sent." it intones robotically, before its voice returns to normal. It takes the scroll and scans over it, then nods again. "This satisfies the oligarchy." Its paw sprouts a pen, and quickly signs the paper, before adding the seal.

Equus Union Interaction: The chimera 'hmms' before giving what is probably a shrug. "I have little preference, as long as the area can comfortably accommodate my frame and as a readily available supply of paper. I assume you have such a chamber?" It says. Francesca would get the impression it was lightly teasing her about the unfortunate timing, but meant no offense.

Non-Issue-Internal-Action:The snags in the defensive projects are concerning, but the oligarchy hopes that fresh ideas from allied nations might be able to help. Carefully monitored fresh ideas, of course.
To new projects are also being initiated, though as far as the public knows they are merely being revealed for the first time. A new kind of telescope, one designed to scan the distance reaches of space to search for planets with a magical field similar to the one on Equus. The second project is a new kind of golem, modeled after the noble octopus, that will be able to operate easily in the vacuum of space.
Secret Thing (Sharp and Ician Only):

Budget Redistribution: Over the course of the next five months, the Oligarchy will be moving 5% of the Spirituality budget over to Defense.
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin
Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Issue Response: The king has addressed this issue in public by requesting an audience with the leaders of this movement, hoping to solve things peacefully. He also does his best to calm the families of the ones who are now incarcerated within the asylums, allowing them to be visited by their kin whenever they wish. As it turned out, several of the ones who were incarcerated within showed no signs of being greedy or any sign of madness. After several counts of asylum workers being given a clean bill of mental health, the King had released several of these former workers from their unfair prisons, with great compensations for the troubles that his decision had caused.
However, the matter of the king having too much power was something that Brutus had to address during his meeting with the leaders of the movement. He later invited the leaders, along with their retinues/bodyguards to see how the king ran the country in it's most basic and undiluted form, hoping this would see how little the king actually had done. Only the most important of decisions went by his ears. The day-to-day things were solved by his numerous aides, with the results being simply reported to the King for reviewing.

World Issue Response:

Telegrams:
To the Laviniyan Government:

To the Imperial Utopia of Glacia:

To the Speaker of Congress Keen Edge of the Lunar Republican Governance:

To the rulers of Mistypeak:
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 12:49 am

Issue Response:
Paladin stepped off of the Icarus-Class Cruiser that had carried him to Glacia, before groaning as the captain of the ship trotted up to him. "Yes Hammer?" He asked quietly, anticipating something bad.

"Uh, you need to come with me sir. There's a video call for you," he said, leading him back on board the cruiser. Paladin sat down at his desk and waved his hoof, a virtual image of the parliament room appearing in front of him.

"Prime Minister, glad you could make it." The opposition leader smiled. "Let's get down to business shall we? As you can see from the empty room, today's meeting has been postponed, as I was hoping to talk to you about certain issues first."

"Issues? What do you mean?" Paladin cocked his head and sighed. "Wait no, let me guess. Companies aren't happy."

"Uh, no... some of them are not."

Paladin groaned. "We compensated those companies for the move. They have no right to complain. But, just in case, have Cynthia make inquiries to see if there's anything we can do to calm them. Anything else?"

"Well, uh... have you seen our school's ranking world wide?" He asked. "It's bad... very bad."

"I see... that is a problem, especially after the speech I made the other day... well, I guess we have to redirect some of our defence budget into improving our schools, say, maybe 5%. Is that all?"

"Yes... good-bye Prime Minister."

World Issue Response:
Peace is good

Equus Union Interaction:
The construction of a embassy in the capital has began, whilst deliberations on the embassador continue.

Telegrams:
To The Imperial Utopia of Glacia:
Spoiler:

To The Federation of Lavniya
Spoiler:

To Mistypeak
Spoiler:

{Private} To High Councillor Tact Ician:
{FOR HIS EYES ONLY}
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 7:31 am

The Mistypeak Trade Conglomerate
The decision of the lords and ladies of Mystypeak left those protesting the neglect of their sexual fetishes fairly pleased. As of this month, The Conglomerate is known world-wide as the kinkiest nation on Equus. To that effect, many other fetishists have begun asking their government to recognize and support their own kinks to the same length. In other news, research into the oceans of Equus has been delivering expected results, with mapping, categorizing, and etcetera all following projected expectations.  

The current issue faced by the Conglomerate:
The late-night, alcohol-fuelled marriage and subsequent annulment of pop starlet Dipsy Bubbleyum has been thoroughly condemned by tabloid presses across Mistypeak. There is now a growing call for some restraints to be put on the Conglomerate’s liberal marriage laws.

Lavinya
As per the decision of the Lavinyan government, work has begun on constructing facilities for the nation’s new space program. Many theories, both magical and scientific have already begun to be formulated by Lavinya’s brightest. Patriotism is at an all-time high with the nation working towards its world festival, all indications seem to point towards Lavinya being able to host before the end of next month. In regards to the redirection of focus for the scientists previously tasked with genetic manipulation of crops, said individuals have begun, not without some protest at their lost work, research into the replication of the naturally occurring floating-rocks.

The current issue faced by Lavinya:
A mare by the name of Little Shit hit the headlines yesterday when she had her name legally changed to Quick Score, citing the ridicule and stress she suffered because of her given name. Ms. Score publicly commented afterwards that there should be more restrictions on what parents can name their children.

Nocturnia:
Last month’s difficult decision was met with approval by the doctors of Nocturnia, who have begun training professionals to speak to patients in situations like that of the late Pen Stroke in order to assure that they understand the impact of their decisions.  Pen Stroke’s children, Minor Stroke and Light Irony, twin sisters of the age of five, have both sent the Heroarchy a hoof-drawn thankyou card for “making mommy stop hurting”.

The current issue faced by Nocturnia:
An anonymous society of ‘cinematic aficionados’ have brought the debate over the proposed disposal of the watershed, or, the hour after which adult material is allowed to be shown on television, to the attention of the heroarchy.

Lunar Republican Governance:
Medical professionals across the Lunar Republic Governance have written letters thanking the speaker of congress, some including pictures or even thank you letters from those who have had their lives saved by the recent decision.

The current issue faced by the LRG:
Citizens, politicians, and businessmen have been campaigning for the government to keep a tighter rein on the media after several well-respected newspapers and radio stations printed/aired false articles with contents ranging from claims that the capital city had been attacked by a UFO, to erroneous share prices which led to job-losses ranging in the thousands, and a stock market decline.

Hydrargyria:
Not much can be said for happenings during the absence of Tyrant Faye, Hydrargyria continued much as it always does.

The current issue faced by Lord Faye:
Some time after the return of His splendid majesty, he of the moon water, sol invictus, the savior of Hydrargyria, lord Lord Faye was met with a particular oddity. Some of his animated corpses had taken to speaking to him, without his control. In fact, the most surprising thing about this situation, is that Faye neither felt their presence, nor could he control these particular undead.

“‘Sup, dude my dude.”

Eternia:
The shift in budget towards education has been put to good use, however, not enough time has passed for definite results to present themselves. As always, the Board of Education is hopeful. The various Eternian projects continue to progress, unfortunately with little to report.

The current issue faced by Eternia:

An unusual alliance of environmental activists and garbagemen have brought to the attention of Eternia’s government the increasing glut of plastic bags that have been found littering the nation’s streets.

“These damn bags are everywhere!” Exclaims angry garbagepony Dirty Deed. “They’re in our trees, in our rivers, in our streets, and in our sewer system! Do you know how much extra work we have to do to clean up after slobs who are too lazy to put their trash in a can? Ban these bags completely and fine those stores who refuse to comply! Sure, people may have to remember to bring their own damn bags, but think about the back-breaking labor my fellow garbagepony will avoid! Not to mention the environment, of course.”

Mentioning the environment, is environmentalist spokesperson Green Bush, wearing a lab coat and a huge grin. “If you can’t get rid of the bags, you must change the bags! Scientists have developed plastics that break down over time, so it doesn’t matter where they’re dumped. Require that only biodegradable plastic bags can be sold in Eternia, and the problem will go away.”

Concerned CEO of PlastiCorp Industries Hard Synth also voices his opinion on the matter. “You’re not really going to listen to this, are you? Do you know how much this will hurt the plastic industry? How many ponies I will need to lay off? How many bits we’ll lose? We can’t afford this… At least not all at once. I propose the regulations be passed into law slowly, to allow the affected industries to cope without having to resort to extremes.”

Glacia:
As is true with nearly all decisions made by the Glacian government, the regulation of the nation’s fraternities has been met largely with approval. For the most part, said organizations have ceased to exist, with only few managing to bring themselves through the required paperwork to remain in operation.

The current issue faced by Glacia:
Ailing libraries have appealed to the government for a much-needed injection of funds.

Minotauros:
The decision to release the imprisoned workers placated the leaders of the movement somewhat, but the underlying issue still remained.  Regardless of effectiveness, the fact the king had the power to imprison individuals within mental institutions without due cause would simply not got away with a tour. The prominent leaders of the movement propose the institution of a law ensuring the rights of every individual in Minotauros, rights that even the King cannot deny them.
Included within the document were basic equine rights, freedoms of speech, assembly, and the right to a fair trial.

Current issue faced by Minotauros:
The aforementioned proposal.

Updated Maps
National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Map3_by_erebus566-d8xbpg9
National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Nation_stats_by_erebus566-d8xbpd4
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=accenture
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Issue Response

A press conference is called by Speaker Keen Edge less than 12 hours after the catastrophic economic damage caused by the false reports and reporters assemble in the press briefing room where they wait for the Speaker's appearance.

And wait.

Fifteen minutes in, the Speaker's press secretary appears and starts towards the podium, probably to extend apologies for the tardiness, when the Speaker herself comes out of the same door looking like she's loaded for elephant and the secretary just barely sidesteps the somewhat diminutive thestral before she can shove him out of her way. The room full of reporters visibly brace themselves as Speaker Keen Edge steps up looking slightly disheveled.

"Two point three five billion!" She snarls into the microphone. "Two bucking point three bucking five billion bucking sols! Seven thousand five hundred twenty jobs! Seven hundred points of loss in a single bucking trading day! Do you blathering halfwits have a bucking clue what that means? Hungry ponies too disabled to help themselves not getting enough! Sick ponies who're impoverished not getting medicine! Military requisitions for bullets, fuel, bombs, food, and spare parts on temporary hold when there's a violent revolution across our border! A temporary halt to a government program to trade funeral assistance for signing a donor card! Ponies willing to work who can't! Fear in thousands of homes! Skittishness among capital markets! Mostly, perhaps completely, because you lot couldn't take an extra bucking day to verify that your ridiculous tabloid rags were getting your basic bucking facts straight!" She grabs a pile of newspapers that a very frightened-looking aide is timidly offering and lifts them up so that the television cameras can see the headlines and the papers attached to them. "UFOs assaulting the capital! Erroneous share prices! Invented scandals! Mergers that you pulled out of your plots! And the broadcast pseudo-journalism is worse even with the same basic material! Is this tripe why the government is set up to make press freedom bulletproof? Is this why we stiff-arm censors on your behalf? Is this load of steaming horseapples why we ignore the nutbags prattling about irresponsible journalist vultures? Because right now, I'm looking like the south end of a northbound pony for all those times I've sat with drinking buddies, and read the restrictionist screeds, and cracked jokes about overweight nerds in their parents' attic all plot-hurt because the mean press hurt their widdle feelings. There's a load of thin-skinned self-absorbed babbling buffoons out there grouching off about how the press is too free and they're looking like the only smart ponies in the room!"

She slams the stack of papers down and violently shoves them off the end of the podium, causing them to cascade off the front in a wave of newsprint-studded paper, causing the reporters nearest the flurry to flinch back from it. "Here's what's going to happen: you're going to get your bucking facts straight, you're going to print those correct facts, you're going to retract your mountain of pure stupid on your bucking front pages, and you're going to beg forgiveness from every single bucking pony your irresponsible rubbish has hurt, or I've got a chamber full of elected officials scared absolutely shitless who'll be desperately happy to make you regret it. I don't want to do it, but if you can't fulfill your most BASIC function, it's time to take your power and give it to ponies that can. I don't know who those ponies are, but I'm willing to look for them."

She take in a breath and leans over the podium, showing a calmer expression but one radiating deadly seriousness. "I hope you lot appreciate exactly how important this all is, and why I'm so pissed at you. Your work, finding facts, publishing them, speaking truth to power, giving facts to people, is entirely why we can have a Republic. You young sorts like me, born after the Bloody Months, you don't get what happens when it goes south but you elderly sorts... well, gramps and grams tell me the stories. Innocent blood in the streets, 'reporters' following them around hooting, hollering, encouraging, stoking rage, sensationalizing it all. Stories about how lurid, obsessive, 'reporting' by populist rags put a match to the mess, threw fuel on the fire, didn't even think about what they were doing, didn't give a buck what might happen. So ya wanna know why I'm screaming at you, cursing, threatening? Cuz that tragedy is what happens when we sit by and say nothing and cling to some brainless worship of press freedom. I was late because I was listening to some really smart ponies who really care about press freedom telling me that those headlines prove that it's time to supervise you lot so this kind of buck-up can't ever happen again. If you can't justify me telling them 'no', I start listening and it ain't gonna be a train that'll be easy to stop once it gets going. Ball's in your court, buckers; I've got a meeting with my brain trust to see how much we can take care of by moving some money around."

With that, while the reporters are sitting there in abjectly stunned silence, she turns from the podium and walks out the door, giving her press secretary a light shove at the abandoned lectern as she disappeared. He clears his throat and walks timidly up to face the crowd. "Um... clearly this... matter has upset the Speaker..." He coughs. "I'll... uh... well, when the government figures out its response to the economic disruption, I'll make sure your editors get a copy hot off the presses... uh... so to speak. As to how the government plans to deal with the issue of the press' errors of fact." He swallows and sweeps his gaze over the reporters. "The Speaker is a very determined mare with a short fuse. Friendly bit of advice, and this is just advice, but you might want to get started on taking advantage of that second chance. Otherwise... I'm about to really, really hate my job. I interned for a snooty, entitled, verbally abusive sonnuvabitch for ten years to work with the press, not lord over it." And with that, the press secretary uses his horn to gather the scattered papers from the floor in front of the podium and then follows his boss out.

World Issue Response

The Lunar Republican Governance has reduced its state of military alert slightly in response to the latest developments in Mintauros, and indications that any further revolutionary activities are less likely to be threats to the national security of the Governance.

Equus Union Interaction

The Lunar Republican Governance remains committed to respecting the wishes and desires of the international community. However, it feels that there is at present no reason to join any manner of formal international organization whose decisions may be binding upon it.

Telegrams

TO: Star Sentinel, Heroarchy of Nocturnia
Pony error is an unfortunate but inevitable occurrence with any engineering or scientific endeavor. Regardless of the fact that the cause of the disaster was an error instead of a lapse of one technology or the other, I will make arrangements to see to it that the promised technical documentation arrives post haste. I hope you will not be offended if it's sent under military guard but these are, after all, proprietary technologies and intimately tied to my nation's national security.
Best Regards,
Speaker of Congress Keen Edge, Lunar Republican Governance

TO: Empress Ciergey Sergia, Imperial Utopia of Glacia
Your Imperial Highness, it gives me great pleasure to welcome your ambassadors to our nation and hope that this exchange will cement ongoing ties of peace and friendship between our nations.
Best Regards,

TO: King Brutus the 23rd, Kingdom of Mintauros
I admire your dedication to your people, Your Highness, and am pleased that it appears that the threat of tragic violence may be passing. We will be forced to remain on alert in case of a relapse of the situation, but I doubt that any armed intervention will be necessary. I wish to further assure Your Highness of two facts: first, that the Lunar Republican Governance will look extremely unfavorably upon any attempt to harm your royal person. Secondly, despite the deeply troubling lapses of our own press that has caused a great deal of suffering among our citizens via the economic damage inflicted, liberalization and the establishment of certain basic rights is a virtuous thing and well-managed, will allow Your Majesty's kingdom to attain even greater glory and prosperity than it already has. Your Majesty clearly loves and is loyal to your people, and that above all else will serve Your Highness well in the approaching difficulties.
Best Regards,

TO: Scarlet Writ et all, Federation of Lavinya,
The Lunar Republican Governance is pleased to hear of your recent initiative to commence a space program, including construction of the necessary facilities. We wish to extend an offer of technical assistance as you reach for the stars, and eagerly anticipate the upcoming world festival to which we plan to send a delegation.
Best Regards,

The Congressional subcommittee formed in response to the tragic execution of Literary Innocence has completed their investigation into the lapses involved in the case, and was preparing to release the full text of the report to the press when the current major lapses in press responsibility and fact-checking were revealed. Instead, the government invoked a virtually unused privilege related to the airwaves to announce the completion of their work and where online the populace can read the full text of the report for themselves. The report is read to recommend a vast program of oversight by the judiciary and the bar association; empowerment of grand juries to fully investigate indictments brought before them; and an extended right of the accused to counsel, appeal, access to the full breadth of evidence against them, and fairly draconian penalties to be imposed on any component of the system found to be attempting to deprive the accused of these things. The report finishes with yet another expression of deepest regret for the errors made and a signed statement of sympathy and apology directly to Literary Innocence's family.

The inquest panel has updated the progress of their investigation into the particulars of what led to the severe and tragic miscarriage of justice. In in, the panel levels very severe criticisms of insufficient investigation of alleged witness tampering by the investigating detective and the lack of transparency over a suspiciously sweetheart deal the prosecutor reached with a witness in the case. The panel ends the update by giving strong indications that they're moving towards recommending prosecutions of certain key actors in the tragedy, and expressing unanimous approval and support of the Congressional subcommittee's report.

The bar examination of the prosecution team continues and reporters attempting to learn more are informed that due to the seriousness and delicacy of their work, all information will be placed under seal until further notice. Citing the need for care and objectivity, the Minister of Justice has refused requests by the press to override this seal, with the Speaker's office concurring with the judgement.

In other news, the secure embassy compound in the capital city intended for the representative of the Imperial Utopia of Glacia has opened with a dedication ceremony by Ambassador Matchstick to formally welcome her Glacian counterpart to the Governance even as Matchstick herself moves into ambassadorial accommodations in Glacia.

Due to the press-generated economic crisis, Speaker Keen Edge has requested a vote to extend temporary assistance to the families of those who have lost work. A convincing majority responded to the Speaker's request, putting a 1-year sunset on the program at which point its continued need and viability will be reassessed.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 7:46 am

Issue Response

Ixainia, Inner District, Palace of the Divine, Sovereign Chamber

“I told you we need more funds!” A blue earth pony slammed his hoof on the grand mahogany table that stretched from one end of the room to the other, a few strands of orange hair coming loose from the rest of his mane. “If the MoE is supposed to maintain the libraries too - which wasn’t under our jurisdiction to begin with - then we need more money to keep them all running. We barely have enough as it is!”

A grey earth pony, sitting a few seats down, snorted and shook his head. “You’re hardly in any position to complain, Perfect. Education gets more than twice as much money as Social Welfare, but the MoSW is still alive and kicking.”

“Caesar is right.” At the head of the table, standing beside Ciergey, Ician gave Perfect a death glare strong enough to force him back into his seat. “The MoE is very well funded as it stands. No amount of damage to the table will change that.”

“Oh yeah, says the pony who’s got thirteen percent going into Divine knows what!” Perfect snapped back angrily. “Maybe you want to tell us what you’re doing with those Miscellaneous funds?”

“The information is public,” Ician replied smoothly. “National surplus and space program research, at present.”

“Surplus my hoof!” Perfect spat. “Maybe a surplus for your own wallet!”

For a minute, a total, deathly silence blanketed the room. When Ician turned to speak to the pony on the other side of Ciergey, his voice was the only sound that carried through the air.

“Insight. Give Perfect an intoxication test, if you will. I have a suspicion that he may be drunk.”

“Yes, High Councillor.” Insight walked around the table over to Perfect’s seat, where Perfect sat motionless, eyes fixed on some blank spot ahead of him. With little effort, Insight telekinetically hauled him out of his seat and out the opulent double doors of the chamber.

As soon as the doors swung shut, Ician returned his focus to the remaining Ministers. “This is what we will do. Designate any appropriate locations within libraries and on any associated property, as well as tertiary educational institutions and transportation assigned to the MoE. These will all be advertising spaces. The revenue brought in from advertising will be used to support the Education budget, and the advertisements will be used as samples for practice in Language and Literature classes.” He put his hooves on the table and leaned forward. “Any objections?”

No one spoke.

“Good.” He turned to Ciergey. “Empress? Any opinions?”

“It’s a good idea,” she said. This prompted a round of murmuring at the table, with general mumblings of “hear, hear” echoing around the room.

“Thank you, your highness.” Ician bowed.

“Did you get all that?” Ciergey turned to a pony at the back of the room, who was scribbling into a notepad.

“Yes, Empress,” he said.

“Good. That will go into the official proposal. Ician, please have it on my table by tomorrow night.”

“Of course.”

Following deliberation, appropriate locations within libraries and on associated property, as well as tertiary educational institutions and transportation assigned under the Ministry of Education, have been designated as advertising spaces. The revenue brought in from advertising will be used to support the Education budget, and consequently the libraries under the jurisdiction of the MoE.

World Issue Response
Glacia, as always, is in support of the existing world peace. However, given recent shockwaves from the Kingdom of Minotauros, military activity on the nearby island of Tarquian and the command center of the Barrier Islands, Astral Point, has increased significantly.

Equus Union Interaction (Updated 22/6/15)
“Of course, of course.” Francesca nodded, chuckling lightly. “I would not fret, however. Indeed, the Grand Embassy will be completed very soon. Given recent delays, I expect the first Equus Union assembly will commence in the aftermath of the completion of the main building.”

In response to the appeal by King Brutus the 23rd of Minotauros, Glacia has pledged to render financial aid, and has consequently diverted 3% of its Miscellaneous budget into International Aid. While the first Equus Union Assembly has not yet convened, as it is due to do so next month, Glacia appeals to its fellow members to render their aid as well.

Telegrams

Telegram to: Speaker of the Congress Keen Edge of the Lunar Republic Governance:

Telegram to: Prime Minister Amor of the Republic of Eternia:

Telegrams (Updated 22/6/15)

Miscellaneous
At Corvasiath
“Thhhhhhhhank you very much.” Robin nodded, taking the scroll and passing it to one of the other guards by his side. “Dragonfire, straight to the High Councillor.” The guard nodded and proceeded towards the shuttle.

“This concludes our discussions for the treaty, I think.” Robin said lightly. “My schedule says I’m staying for another day or so, so maybe you could show me around the place? I’ve never been to Mistypeaks before. Looks nice from what I saw flying overhead.”

In front of Paladin, at the Partia Anchorage, Ician stood at the head of four Seraphim guards. “Paladin! It’s good to see you again.” Ician trotted up to him, extending his hoof for a hoofshake. “We’ve arranged the best quarters we could afford at the Grand Embassy. Come, let us talk there.”

Work on the massive Grand Embassy building is finally complete, and Glacia is pleased to welcome the foreign ambassadors from the Lunar Republican Governance and the Mistypeaks Trade Conglomerate to their new accommodations.

Additionally, Ambassador Vision has arrived at his destination in the Lunar Republican Governance, and is moving into the area he has been allocated.

Finally, a shuttle from Partia has been dispatched to Lavinya, carrying a team of researchers and scientists.

Updated Equus Union Interaction:

By the grace of her Royal Highness Empress Ciergey Sergla, the Imperial Utopia of Glacia would like to invite all nations to attend

The First Assembly of the Equus Union

with amendments to the procedure of the sessions of the Equus Union:

1. Limitations dictating that only the host and the previous host may propose legislation and other measures has been removed. The host no longer needs to be rotated, as any delegate may exercise his right to submit proposals at any time during the Assembly.

2. Conditions for the passage of a proposal are a majority vote in favour. Proposals that are put forward must have their terms clearly stated during their presentation in the Assembly.

3. Only delegates may cast votes. In the event that a delegate is unable to be present during an Assembly, an alternative delegate may be designated by the respective state.

The Union is a means by which world peace may be preserved, and in the spirit of harmony all are welcome to this Assembly, regardless of whether attendees wish to be present in the capacity of a delegate of the Union or as a spectator to the proceedings.

Last edited by Ician on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:28 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brother Roga
Admin
Admin
Brother Roga

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:21 am

Issue Response: At first the king was confused by the document asking for "equine rights", as he was not familiar with the term. Once he did some research in the library of the castle, the whole castle shook with the rage of the king.

Not for a reason that one might have thought at first, though.
"Tell me, my loyal servants and keepers of the royal family. How has this kingdom run for thousands of years in it's current state? Without simple things like freedom of speech? The right to a fair trial? Minotauros is a kingdom of great wealth and military might, yet we can't provide our own people with the ability to voice their own thoughts? I will not stand for this. Scribes! I want this to be rectified immediately. From now on, all citizens of Minotauros will have all the rights mentioned within these documents that I hold in my hands! In addition, the decision about the mental asylums that I made will be rectified and proper background checks in addition to mental health assestments will be taken by all employees yearly to prevent the article about poor conditions from being repeated. I want every person in Minotauros to be informed of this by the end of this week!"

This was on a Friday, so the castle was working double-time for the rest of the week. Miraculously they succeeded, however. New courthouses were already being built and the asylum staff had passed their improved quality-checks with flying colors!

Equus Union Interaction: With the recent troubles in the Kingdom, Minotauros has asked for slight financial assistance in affording the new buildings required to maintain the new laws that were instated within King Brutus' domain. All of these debts would be paid back, either in bits or via military power where required.

Telegrams:
To Speaker Keen Edge of the Lunar Republic:

To Empress Ciergey Sergla of Glacia:
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 8:35 am

Issue Response: All four leaders sat down, three of the four groaning and facehoofing. The one leader who wasn't groaning was watching the three who were with a bit of amusement. It was such a simple decision and all of them wondered why they all needed to be in the room to make a decision.

"Do they think we will allow the watershed to be destroyed? To turn it to nothing? There are foals out there watching T.V and they might see that adult stuff! I don't know what to say to this society other then, 'Over my dead body.'"

"You know they might take that as a challenge and actually send someone to kill you, Star. You should be careful with what you say, but yes...The reason the watershed is a thing is because of the foals. If that wasn't going to be a thing anymore...well then I don't know what the parents of the foals would do with us...Probably mob us and yell at us or something."

"You three really do amuse me you know. This is an amusing issue ans it's really amusing. Truly. You know, fun after what we had to do last month? Yeah fun."

And with that simple discussion over and dealt with, the leaders give a big fat fu-...err...I mean the leaders say that the watershed will be a thing and they will not remove it so long as there are foals and parents of the foals around. The watershed is there for the benefit of the parents and their foals and it will stay that way.

World Issue Response:

Equus Union Interaction:

Telegrams:
To the Federation of Lavinya:

To the Mistypeak Trade Conglomerate:

To The Lunar Republican Governance:

Non-Issue Internal Action:
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Issue Response: After some lengthy debate on whether this constitutes a breach in the ideals and freedoms proposed by the Lavinyian government system, a sort of compromise was reached between the heads of government. While the liberty of naming a child still falls to the parent and/or legal guardian under the assumption that they are at the current time not under the influence of any mind altering substances. However, the age at which a legal name change can be processes, as well as the fees for such a process will be lowered in the hopes of alleviating the issue.

World Issue:...(we're working on it!)

Eguus Union Interraction: Nothing for the moment

Telegrams:

To be sent to all nations who replied "we're attending" to the World's Festival invitation::

Lunar Republican Governance::

Glacia:

Non-issue Internal Action:
Back to top Go down
Lorthalis of Crows

Lorthalis of Crows

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 8:58 am

Issue Response: Such laws will be taken under future consideration. At the moment however, no new restrictions will be enacted or enforced. As for the underwater expedition, research will begin regarding the feasibility of expanding cities into the depths.

World Issue Response: None, yet.

Equus Union Interaction: The golem nods. "Very well. I expect we should have no issues then. Please, lead the way to my quarters."

Corvasiath: A smooth, feminine voice takes over the golem, recognizable as one of the rulers assuming direct control. "Why yes, of course." she/it says, the sentence coming out like a purr. "We would be delighted." It grins widely. "We could quite easily arrange quarters for you as well, should you wish to stay."

Equus Union Assembly Interaction: The golem strides in, and moves gracefully over to its appointed position in the meeting area.

Non-Issue Internal Action: Same as before.
Back to top Go down
Sharp

Sharp

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 2:39 pm

The Lunar Republican Governance

The speaker’s verbal beatdown of the ridiculous tabloid rags had its desired effect. Most of the major news and printing companies have publicly stated that a new, stricter set of policies regarding the validity of published work has been instituted, and, to their credit, it had been. Unfortunately, the damage done by their transgression will not soon be forgotten. Several of these companies have suffered extensively during the weeks following Keen Edge’s press conference and have since then filed for bankruptcy, unable to cope with the loss of revenue caused by the lack of trust the population had developed for their papers.

In other, less economically devastating news, parents and teachers alike have expressed concern to The Lunar Republican Governance Board of Education that truancy in schools is reaching unprecedentedly high levels.

Federation of Lavinya

Work on the Lavinyan Space Program progresses according to plan, with projections that related facilities will all be fully operational by the end of the year. As for those tasked with the replication of the naturally occurring ‘floatstones’ as they have been nicknamed, they have managed to create small, banana-sized (for scale, naturally) prototypes. Currently, anything larger than the aforementioned has proven to disintegrated within minutes. The group tasked with said development remains optimistic of their success.

In other news, the popular daily cartoon strip “Tom The Rock” has always been highly critical of the political system within Lavinya, but, in recent weeks the cartoon has depicted the main characters throwing melted cheese at unpopular politicians. Inspirited by this, protestors armed with fondue sets stormed a government building, cheesing off several government officials.

Imperial Utopia of Glacia

Libraries across Glacia enjoy much needed injections of funds from the newly bolstered education budget, fueled by advertising. Improvements can already be seen in both the materials provided, and the general attitudes of librarians everywhere.

Seemingly healthy Snow Petrels across Glacia have suddenly dropped dead, much to the dismay of their owners. With the mysterious death toll rising exponentially with every passing day, The Organization Dedicated To the Protection of Snow Petrels has declared a state of emergency, and are requesting funds to begin research into what could possibly be causing these poor animals to abruptly expire. Some paranoid members of said organization fear whatever it is could also affect Equines.

Minotauros

Citizens across Minotauros enjoy their newly assured civil liberties. The unrest caused by the protestors across the country was quickly forgotten, and, the status quo returned.

This week, a new issue.  Recently, a well-known clothing retailer, “Minosarbad”, began marketing a new hoodie that features deeply sacred iconography of a Minotauros ethnic group. Tribal emissaries, entrepreneurs, and an assortment of young punks from the local skate park have demanded you take action.

Nocturnia

Naturally, our friendly cinematic aficionados were not pleased by the heroarchy’s decision. They continued to file requests and complaints for a few days after the decision had been met, but, eventually gave up their quest for unregulated televised ‘art’.

In recent news, a surprising number of politicians from all walks of life have admitted to smoking Greenbush and other soft drugs. Some are calling this a flagrant disregard of the law, while others believe this should spark a major shift in the nation’s drug policies.

The Mistypeak Trade Conglomerate

Certain popular tabloids  have taken to calling the government slow and inefficient for their decision to table the marriage law discussion. At least, until the latest Pop-idol scandal took precedence. Research into the feasibility of underwater expansion has achieved neigh-immediate results. It would be possible, only incredibly expensive and time consuming. The other teams dedicated to research into the Oceans of Equus have continued to steadily report their findings.

The Conglomerate faces a new issue: After witnessing the horrors of both falling crop yields and furious farmers, your Secretary of Agriculture has proposed state-funded agricultural education.

Republic of Eternia
A group of distraught high school girls has brought the problem of stray dogs and cats around Eternia to your attention. Many of which have died choking on plastic bags. *cough* *Cough* *cough*

World Issue:
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=accenture
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:20 pm

Issue Response: "Well, I like the concept, but the application leaves something to be desired and the underlying point behind it shouldn't be ignored either," Head of the federation Scarlet writ proclaimed to start off the meeting, drawing several curious looks from the other attendees.

"But miss, these citizens are practically assaulting our officials!" one distraught member spoke.

"With what, cheese? No, that's not assault, they're expressing their displeasure and if we clamp down on that with brute force, all we're going to do is foster their anger," Scarlet rebutted before adopted an almost eerie grin. "No, I think we should play ball," she added as more discussion broke out until a consensus was reached.

About a week after the incident, a new proclamation was announced to the general public about a newly proposed national holiday. Since throwing cheese would likely get a bit too messy and cause too many additional rodent/pest problems, there is to be a day when citizen and politician alike are encouraged to purchase and throw a specially made sphere containing a water soluble, non-toxic, paint-like substance. The spheres break upon contact so injury should be minor even in the most extreme of situations, but for those that don't wish to participate or shouldn't because of health reasons, a special piece of magical equipment in the form of a necklace, hooflet, or headband, especially designed to dissipate these spheres can be provided. However do note that the wearing of such a device causes all spheres to dissipate upon contact so one cannot have one of these on them and still throw spheres. It should also be noted that the paint-like substance is susceptible to magic, so no documents or other important articles will be damaged or destroyed.

In addition to this new holiday, and a few other notions that are now being looked at in the terms of opening up new ways for the populace to be more expressive, that will begin to take place next year, the methods for voicing concerns or problems with policies or politicians is beings re-examined to help ensure that none are ignored.

World Issue: Yes, the festival has begun and the final bits of setup and preparation are finishing up. The additional floating platforms are being secured into place and the spaces for other nations are being assisted by Lavinyan workers. Booths line the streets for miles, reaching farther than just the borders of the capital city and dozens of attractions strive to entertain the massive gathering. From Lavinya itself, there are rides, music shows, magic demonstrations, and contests, a great many of which come to reflect parts of the Lavinya style of life and customs.

Equus Union Interaction: If Minotauros is in such needs of funds, would be willing to sign to the repayment of the nation, and is willing to await the end of the World's Festival that is currently being hosted by us, the nation of Lavinya would be willing to offer some financial assistance.

Telegrams: None at this moment in time

Non-Issue Internal Action: The funds diverted towards the construction of the worlds fair will for now be put towards the respective or possibly a newly created department to handle the hopeful resolution to this latest issue.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Issue Response
In response to this recent turn of events, the government has decided to inject some funds from its Miscellaneous budget, 0.5%, into grants to the ODPSP, with encouragement to rely on the private sector, in terms of advertising and investment, to acquire additional funds.

World Issue
In place of High Councillor Ician, the Imperial Utopia is instead sending Empress Ciergey Sergla Herself to participate in the World Fair, escorted a number of troops and airships. She is due to arrive in a few days’ time.

Equus Union Interaction
[Insert Equus Union Theme Music here]

“We would like to call a beginning to

The First Assembly of the Equus Union.”

The hall of the Grand Embassy is enormous, with thousands of lights lining the ceiling and bathing the room with its soft light. Spotlights stretch in even sectors along the circular chamber, shining down in nine different hues and dividing the podiums into discrete, brightly coloured sections.

A white light shines down on a raised podium in the centre, the only section of the hall not coloured in the other colours. Francesca von Kafka stands in the podium, looking out across the great hall in anticipation of the arrival of the other delegates and their entourages. She nods in approval as Mistypeaks’ delegate steps into the cyan sector.

“We await the arrival of the other delegates,” she continues, before pressing a few buttons on the panel of controls in her podium. The disc, after a few whirrs and clicks, rises from the column in the centre and floats over to the red section.

Telegrams
None

Miscellaneous
Still at Corvasiath
“Splendid!” Robin returns her smile with a wide one of his own. “That’s a neat trick, also. If I were a unicorn I’d want to learn how to do that.” He chuckles. “Maybe then I wouldn’t have had to travel all the way here. But, hey, excuses to sightsee are excuses I’ll take.”

The team of researchers dispatched by Glacia have reached Lavinya and are ready to assist in research and development in any way necessary.

In the absence of Her Royal Highness Empress Ciergey Sergla, High Councillor Tact Ician has temporarily taken the role of acting regent.

The ex-Minister for Education Perfect Pace has been discharged from his position, in the aftermath of his shameful intoxication during a meeting of the Court. His position will soon be filled by a new candidate.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 12:45 am

Issue Response:
Paladin stared at the report, and then to the group of school children in front of him. Tears pricked his eyes and he sat down, his rump hitting the group with a thump. He wiped the tears from his eyes and he coughed. “I see… Thank you girls… I- I deliberated far too long on this issue.”

Striding into Parliament, he nodded to Cynthia and stood at his desk. “Today, things change. Hard Synth, I understand your concerns, but your products are literally killing the environment. We can no longer sit around, debating this issue. Henceforth, from this moment onwards, the sale of ordinary plastic bags is prohibited. I read your report Green Bush. Is there any way for the current plastic industry to change to produce your bags instead of the standard ones?”

As shocked silence filled the room, Paladin continued. “Further, Bush, is there any way to make the bags degrade faster?” He asked, hoping for a positive response.

As Paladin exited, Cynthia trotted up to him. “The puppies and kittens did you in sir.”

“Did you see their bodies? How could such an atrocity stand?”

“Ponies will lose their jobs… they’ll be angry,” she replied.

“Let them be angry, let my approval rating drop. It’s all a formality in any case if the environment is destroyed.”

World Issue Response:
Peace is good.

Paladin stepped off of his Icarus-Class ship and groaned, stretching his legs. He had been travelling quite a bit recently, having met with Ician to design better shields for his ships, then travelled back to Eternia to deal with the plastic bag issue, and now, he was in Lavinya to participate in the World Festival. He looked around, having supposed to meet Ician and his wife at the dock.

Equus Union Interaction:
Nova Storm stomped through the streets of Glacia’s Capital, heading towards the Great Hall. He groaned, running a claw down his cheek. “I am so late... why did I have to oversleep?” He moved towards the guards, holding up the document that identified him as Eternia’s delegate, before hurrying inside, arriving in time to hear Francesca say they were still waiting for a few others, and he let out a breath, before moving to his seat.

Telegrams:
None this month.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 12:13 am

Issue Response

Speaker Keen Edge approaches the podium accompanied by an elderly and stern-looking earth pony stallion who looks like he'd rather be anywhere but where he is. Nonetheless, as he takes up position behind Speaker Edge, he stands at military attention and gives no further indicator of not wanting to be where he is.
"First thing's first," Keen Edge says. "You did good. You did what I asked and did it promptly, and so have saved the cause of press freedom in our nation. Nothing pours more oil on troubled waters than 'fessing up and taking your licks. I doubt you lot will believe this, but I'm seriously missing the reporters whose papers and programs went under. Survival of the fittest is healthy, but it doesn't put food in the mouth of a pony without a job and denies them essential dignity. I hope everyone displaced by the collapses will quickly find gainful employment serving the public with a better product than before."

"OK, so, on to the main event." She gestures the stallion forward and points to him. "No one was more totally blown away than when we quietly began our search for a pony to head a new educational initiative to maintain our scientific and engineering momentum in our space program, and in walks the uncle of the tragically departed Literary Innocence. I've..." she swallows a sudden lump in her throat "...I've felt good about the various initiatives the government has undertaken to discover the errors that were made, rectify them, and punish those whose misconduct stole an innocent pony from her family. Having a member of that family volunteer for service with the government that killed his niece is... beyond words. The forgiveness of Literary Innocence's family is a personal honor to me; that he is a veteran educator and retired military veteran with the experience and ability to serve the Lunar Republican Governance well is just a bonus.
"I'm aware that there has been concern of late about a rise in truancy in our schools and unlike most of the time when the citizens appear to want the government to mother them, bandage their boo-boos, and make the weather perfect, this is a legitimate government interest and there is, in the opinion of my own staff and the Congressional leadership, a need for government action in this. Literary Essence, the newest addition to my staff and the official handling the implementation of our proposed measures, will explain further."

Keen Edge steps back and Literary Essence steps forward, looking down imperiously at the reporters. "Education is the linchpin of our national future," he says in a gruff, rumbling voice that matches his appearance. "Especially as we reach for the stars, a highly educated, intelligent, and well-trained crop of new scientists and engineers is indispensable. For young ponies today to be highly-educated, well-trained, and have their intellects cultivated and celebrated, those young ponies must be in a classroom and being taught. The first step in ensuring this will be the revival of truancy officers and truancy laws. Except with legitimate cause, young ponies must be in school. The government deeply regrets this measure, as it walks dangerously close to nanny-state schoolmarm nosiness into affairs that are ordinarily none of our business; it is the duty of the parent to prepare for their child's future and ensure that their children are prepared for that future and have the tools of success. But the nation requires good minds to do great things and so we are forced to do for young ponies what they and their parents have failed to do for themselves.
"At the same time, it is the intent of the government to closely examine the structure and curriculum of the nation's schools, looking towards an ever more refined, spellbinding, and educational experience for yet another generation who, like all other generations, have more things to distract them from their future than they know what to do about. Education is power. Knowledge is power. A well-refined mind rich, with knowledge and equipped with the tools to use that knowledge for their own advantage and the advantage of others, is power. It is our intent to see that our nation's colts and fillies are made powerful with knowledge and their intellects are vigorously developed to enable them to enjoy prosperity, self-respect, and dignity for their entire lives.
"At times, this will require spending money; at others, we'll need to encourage the best teachers and weed out the ones who fail in their responsibilities. We believe that certain well-calibrated standardized tests will act as a fair and objective measure of teacher ability, and call upon local school boards to devise such tests as will meet the needs of their communities. We wish to remind those enforcing truancy laws that they are dealing with children who, even as seniors in high school, lack the judgement of a well-seasoned adult and deserve compassion, firmness, and not a little tolerance. There will be no fines, jail time, or punitive measures beyond simply placing the truant student where they belong. We hope that there will be no need to be any more involved or harsh than this."

World Issue Response

The Lunar Republican Governance has reduced its state of military alert back to peacetime levels as it's become clear that the revolution in Mintauros is over and that there's no longer any danger to themselves or the person of the king.

The LRG delegation arrives at the world festival, looking forward to a wonderful celebration of their nation and the others attending.

Equus Union Interaction

The Lunar Republican Governance remains committed to respecting the wishes and desires of the international community. However, it feels that there is at present no reason to join any manner of formal international organization whose decisions may be binding upon it. Despite not being a member, the LRG applauds the first assembly of the Union and looks forward to the results of its deliberations.

Telegrams

None at present.

The temporary assistance measures passed by the Congress are ongoing, continuing to provide for ponies in need due to the major economic disruption in return for hours spent providing labor for the implementation of the program (moving crates, doing inventory, filling orders, etc).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Identity   National Identity - National Identity - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

National Identity
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2