OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Questions, obviously.

Go down 
+21
Chappy
555EchoJewel
PrinceWolf
OldManAmongPonies
DeragonRider
Johnny Maker
Dusty Roads
Doomande
Brother Roga
SparX
Two Sides of the Coin
Brony_Khaos
Midnightblossom
Ician
Mr. Market
Dieteticchutoy3
Hegamonia
Heartstring
AurumTempestas
ObsidianPony
Rayne
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 5:22 pm

OldManAmongPonies wrote:
A quick question: While I realize that this site is intended for free-form role-playing, since... well, it says so at the top of the page, is "traditional" P&P-style role-play (MLP-themed with OCs only, of course) explicitly forbidden? I don't think I have read anything to that effect in the rules.

If it is not forbidden, I might be interested in running a campaign on here (well, duh, otherwise I wouldn't have asked) if any players are interested.

While I myself am not familiar with them there is absolutely nothing against them, in fact we have many P&P style campaigns going on between members over skype already, so suffice to say there's an audience.
Back to top Go down
https://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk
PrinceWolf

PrinceWolf

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 5:24 pm

So I'm new and just wondering how do I start in a roleplay or conversation?
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 5:31 pm

PrinceWolf wrote:
So I'm new and just wondering how do I start in a roleplay or conversation?

Starting in conversation is often the best way to get into a roleplay, meet the players and see what's going on but we also in the Roleplay and NSFW sections have an area for sign ups, threads for players to test the waters to see who would like to be in a future roleplay.

Additionally some threads will be labelled as "open", which means anyone can jump into them at any time. But before that if you look to the Character Sheets section and fill one out so we know your character first.

Feel free to ask about anything, either in this thread or via PMs if you want.
Back to top Go down
https://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk
PrinceWolf

PrinceWolf

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
555EchoJewel

555EchoJewel

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 7:08 pm

If your into dark and slightly gory stuff try Into the shadows with me and jz69, just pm one of us if you want in.
Back to top Go down
Chappy

Chappy

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 10:48 pm

I'm curious as to the procedure for deleting a character. I figure it's not more complicated than sending a pm to Dual, then following through when the pm is gotten, but I'd like to clarify before doing that.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 11:49 pm

Just tell me which character you want removed.
Back to top Go down
Steel Sabre

Steel Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 9:03 pm

Are our OCs allowed to utilize modern military hardware(For example: Assault Rifles, Kevlar Armor, ETC)?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 9:50 pm

Yes but under certain circumstances. For the most part, technology should not be overexceeding what the show and comics provide/imply when submitting a character, buuut... Otherwise, it varies by threads set in timelines/scenarios alternate to show canon where such things may be allowed more. Granted, it may be possible to negotiate for some leeway on that for general canon threads, but you'll need to be careful and clever about it. It's also possible for someone to submit characters intended for specific types of threads where such gear is intentionally common though, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
Steel Sabre

Steel Sabre

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 1:55 pm

Mr. Market wrote:
Yes but under certain circumstances. For the most part, technology should not be overexceeding what the show and comics provide/imply when submitting a character, buuut... Otherwise, it varies by threads set in timelines/scenarios alternate to show canon where such things may be allowed more. Granted, it may be possible to negotiate for some leeway on that for general canon threads, but you'll need to be careful and clever about it. It's also possible for someone to submit characters intended for specific types of threads where such gear is intentionally common though, so there's that.

In that case....would semi/automatic crossbows be allowed?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 3:31 pm

Crossbows are considerably more acceptable all over by comparison, even ones with automatic custom applications. That said, you may still be able to use Kevlar or Kevlar comparable armor given it's just really good protection made from altered fabric and not something like, say, the Spartan armor from the Halo series.
Back to top Go down
jz96

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 1:39 am

Can I make a thread that allows both OCs approved normally and the OCs that were approved on the Maretropolis sheets?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 1:45 am

For best results, you might want to make said thread in the Maretropolis section but advertise it in the various sign-ups depending on it being SFW or not. Maretropolis characters are meant for that sub-section's threads only, but there's certainly nothing preventing the OTHER characters from being in them too if this is what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
jz96

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 1:55 am

So I launch the thread in Maretropolis section. But allow Non-Maretropolis OCs can be used if the person wants to use them?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 1:58 am

Yes. I even asked Obsidian for good measure and he's okay with it.
Back to top Go down
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 11:35 am

Alright, it's been a long time coming. I was originally a Role Player back around the time Role Playing was still allowed back on FimFiction. Quite a bit of time before Knighty gave the ban. I hadn't exactly transferred over with the rest of the pack, having migrated to other sites that attempted to keep some kind of spark alive. Unfortunately, each one would die out, leaving me with nowhere else left to RP in the world of Friendship is Magic. I then just kinda moved on, RPing on different sites to hone my writing skills. I effectively grew with the many different experiences, growing pass my original writing abilities when I originally joined the group.

Sadly, everywhere I played had dwindled down and died just like everything before. I have gone a few months now without RPing, eventually remembering and reminiscing on days of old. I remembered Fimfiction, the stories I use to read, the people I had met, and especially playing with all of you. This had been where I started, a place my journey into Role Play had began. A place I had long forgotten till now. I went back to FimFiction and dug through the archives till I finnally found the pieces of yesteryear.

Now, I just want to know if it's true. True that this place has survived, that there are moderators watching over and tending to the grounds. Players creating stories within the threads. Is this place truly, actually active?
Back to top Go down
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 11:36 am

Also... Sorry... Got a little over dramatic.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Yes, and I hope my PM to you gives you a fair idea of how we're doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions, obviously.   Questions, obviously. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions, obviously.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3