OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

BG Revival

Go down 
+3
pyroman33
Zen
Lightning Shield
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Hey, its the fairly new Combat Admin, Lightning Storm!!!!!

Probably used too many exclamation marks for that one, but who cares. What we should care about it the Revival of the combat section of the group called Battle grounds! (edit by Heart: training grounds has been renamed Battle Grounds.)

So, in order to liven up things up, I have thought of some fairly unoriginal ideas to liven it up and stolen from Videogames

The Tower
The objective is simple, beat ten opponents so that you can reach the top. The floor will raise after each victory and a door will open to reveal the next opponent. If you want to team up then, you can "Switch". This feature allows you to change places with a partner and gives them time to rest. The partner that is switched out will be watching the battle in the lobby of BG before they switch out with their partner. If partners are defeated then they transported to the lobby, completely heal and equipment restored, but unable to switch. There will be different themes for certain characters. And since the Renaissance Fair is in my area,  the theme for this tower is Medieval.

So, expect different type of medieval opponents like knights, wizards, and etc.

Boss Battle
The concept is simple, you have to fight a powerful opponent that will reck your shit if don't play it smart. Most Bosses are made to normally around the same level of your character(s) in order to make it interesting and because will it rarely will there be a "Final Boss".

Boss battles will take place once every week and with various threads for those that challenge them. It is also possible to have players be Bosses though skill in combat with that character will need to be proven go make sure that it is at least fair, which is proven through a private fight either in PMs or Skype.

Now, is anyone interested in one of these fights? Do you have questions? What do you think about this revival? Have any of your own ideas to contribute?

Last edited by Sweetcake on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated the name of the section and fixed the link.)
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Well I'm most certainly interested, in just about all of it. No questions at the moment, and I heartily look forward to the revival of some good ol' combat RPs. I may have a contribution eventually, but none yet.
Back to top Go down
pyroman33

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:44 pm

This is a interesting concept in my opinion, though im new here
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Pyro just because you are new does it not mean that you can't have an opinion =P

I would really like to see that part of the group awake from its slumber once more, so I think that it is two really really good ideas. Especially the boss battle one, it could be rather nice to see games like those that are building on an easy concept that all should be able to understand and jump into. Heck it would even be easy to GM since you only have one task ahead of you, although it would take some skill to complete that task.

An idea that I would like to add would be a "score board" of a kind, both so people have a bit of public bragging right and so new people knew a bit more about who to challenge to a bit of fight, and who to avoid, I am looking at you Sword!
Back to top Go down
pyroman33

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 5:04 pm

Allright, but as i said, this peeks my intresst since I play alot of games and combat rp's is something i realy want to do, but any type of rp is ok for me to do
Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 5:21 pm

I think I'd like to join aswell ^w^ Good practise, lots of fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:55 am

I would be part of this if it pans out.
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Any news about either of those oldish ideas? I would really like to take Umbra or Sir Malendor for a spin in a boss battle by this point
Back to top Go down
jz96

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 4:35 pm

Both of them sound fun.
I have two fighters and only been in one fight.
Back to top Go down
pyroman33

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Ill be joining this with my oc's
Back to top Go down
Doomande

Doomande

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 4:49 pm

I would love you to the moon and back again if you could do some kind of boss battle in the Fo:E verse Lightning. But I do not know how well you know that verse sadly Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BG Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: BG Revival   BG Revival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BG Revival
Page 1 of 1