OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Just like a Storybook

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 4:36 pm

Civviq cringed a bit as she saw him react to her... forwardness, but she smiled. She hoped he wouldn't find her weird after all this, though she wouldn't blame him. She sighed inwardly but kept smiling and nodded.
"Alright, that's good. And, yes, they are at work around this time, so somewhere in the evening would be best indeed." she said. "If you want to get the best impression of the town, the market in the afternoon. would be your best choice. Until then, I can show you the meadow, if you want," she offered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Civviq%20Writer
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Heartop2_zps56d14bf2

His left ear would twitch to her voice. He would nod his head. "That sounds wonderful!" he stated in a pleased tone. "I would really enjoy that very much." His smile sincere. "When do you get off? I would rather you not skip out on work just to show me a meadow." He was quite pleased by this and it was clearly evident on his face that he was quite happy.

Back to top Go down
http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 8:05 pm

She grinned when she saw how happy he was and nodded. "Great!" she said, enthusiastic. "And, well, I'll be off after I finish repairing these." She motioned with her hoof to the damaged books. "Or when Granny Trot wakes up. Or both." She chuckled.

"I suppose I'll finish these then," she said, in a softer tone, and lifted up the tome she was busy repairing. It was quite heavy in her hooves. The small repairing papers were still sticking out of it, ready to be worked with. She trailed with her hoof over the cover and put it back down. She chuckled softly under her breath and turned back to Heartstring. "What will you do until I'm finished?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 8:54 pm

This was pleasant news to his ears. He would nod his head in understanding that it would be sometime before she would be off. So in the meantime he would be on his own to do things. Though what could he do? Well for right now, he figured he would read something to pass the time. "Hmm...I think for now, while I'm in the library I'll take a moment to read something. It'll be nice to read a book and pass the time. So that's what I'll do." he gave a light chuckle as he bowed his head slightly to her. "Thank you so much for your kindness."

Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Civviq nodded, smiling. "You're welcome!" she said, happily, and chuckled. "Books are always nice to pass time with." Her smile wavered for a moment when she thought about how stupid that sounded, so she looked downvand went back to the book she was tending to. She then started the process for mending the missing corners, powering up her horn once more.

She watched Heartstring from the corner of her eye as she pieced together the first corner. Because she was a bit distracted, this one didn't quite go as well as a wide, yellow gape clearly marked where the corner was torn off. She cursed a little under her breath and tried to mend her mistake - she only made it worse. She sighed, tore the corner off to start over and concentrated this time. The rest of the corners went better, luckily.

She sighed and rubbed her forehead as she put the tome down with all its corners repaired. It wasn't finished, but her horn hurt a bit. She would continue later on. This sort of magic seemed easy by any by-goer, but it really took a lot out of her. If she didn't watch out, she would be in bed for the rest of the day with a huge headache, caused by magic-drainage, when a unicorn uses too much magic at once. She sighed and got up to get a little snack and some rest, and disappeared to the back.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Heartstring gave her a sincere smile and nodded his head fully agreeing with her statement about the books. "Very much so. Well I shall leave you to your work." he'd bow his head lightly again and then walk away heading back over to the fantasy section to look for something light to read.

He was off in the fantasy section now, walking at a steady pacing, his eyes shifting back and forth, back and forth reading the titles of each passing book. Some interesting, some not so interesting. Some thick and some not so thick. He did find one that was pretty thick and interesting, but he didn't have the time for it, so he skipped it.

He continued onward and came across some books that were nice and short and were a light read. He picked out one that caught his eyes, it was a fantasy book that was about a mare who met someone on the other side of her mirror one day. Picking up the book and carrying it with his magic he would walk out of the fantasy section and head to the sitting area where he'd sit down and start to read the book.

Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Soon, Civviq came back to her desk and sat down. She was chewing some chocolate. She knew it wasn't healthy, but it was too good to pass by... She promised herself next break she would eat some fruit. She sighed and picked up the tome again. Next up: stains.

As she picked up the book with her magic, she shot a glance at Heartstring. She smiled as she saw he'd found a book and settled down. She nodded slightly to herself as she opened the book and started to look for liquid stains. Water, coffee, cocoa, alcohol... It's true that she liked a good hot mug of cocoa and a nice book she hadn't read yet for rainy days, but she wouldn't spill anything! At least, that hasn't happened yet... She shook her head and concentrated on the spell that would remove the stains.

After she had gone through the entire book, she put it down and opened it on a random place. With the tears away and the stains gone, it almost seemed like new; only the faded ink on the paper it was printed on indicated its age. Sure, there was a spell for that, too, but she was too tired to apply that right now. She might go back to that later, after she'd done the rest of the books. She tried to read a little bit, but out of context like this made it pretty confusing. The diagrams next to the text were pretty interesting to look at, however. This would make a great asset to the library.

After she felt like she had enough energy to restore the rest of the books, she would continue. This went on for quite some time. She had finished a few more books and was in the middle of un-staining one when she heard shuffling in the back. Granny Trot had woken up from her nap. Civviq's ears perked and she stood up to greet Granny Trot with a bright smile, informing her of all that happened. Granny Trot nodded silently, the glimmer of a smile in her eyes, and sat down behind the desk and picked up the book Civviq was busy un-staining. Granny Trot closed her eyes and concentrated, the same spells pouring out of her horn as Civviq's earlier. She may be old, but her magic had only grown stronger. Civviq was only beginning to learn all the knowledge she had gathered over the years.

After Civviq had received the last nod of approval from Granny Trot, she walked over to where Heartstring was reading. "Heartstring? I'm done with my shift."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 6:49 pm

Heartstring was at ease with the book. Reading it in a calm pacing, not rushing through it. Spending a decent amount of time on each page. He wasn't simply just reading the book, but you can tell he was imagining what he was reading, carefully reading each word and making sure he understood each detail. Occasionally from time to time during his reading, he'd glance over at Civviq while she was working and he smirked lightly to himself as he watched it.

His book kept him entertained for the time that Civviq was busy. When she had finally finished, Heartstring was turning the final page of the book he was reading. He'd look up after he heard Civviq's voice and smiled when she stated her shift was over. "ah, very well." he stated in a pleasant tone. "Good work today." he said as he stood up, the book floating around him as he then looked in the direction where he had originally gotten the book from and the book would fly right over there and put itself right back where it belonged.

He'd smile afterwards. "I'm ready when you are."

Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Civviq watched the book floating away with great attention and nodded contently to herself as it slid succesfully to the spot where it belonged. She looked back at Heart and smiled.
"Great! Just let me grab some stuff... I'll be right back!"

She trotted through the door to the back and returned wearing her saddlebags, which looked considerably lighter than last time she wore them. She trotted up to Heartstring.
"Ready!" She grinned and headed back to the door. As she stood in the doorway, she looked over her shoulder to where Heartstring was standing. "You coming?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 8:53 am

Heartstring would wait patiently for her return as she grabbed her stuff. His eyes followed her form upon her return when she had arrived with her saddle bags from earlier. He gave a light chuckle and watched her head for the doorway. He wasn't sure why, but the joyful look she had when she looked back over her shoulder, it was quite the priceless side. He'd nod his head. "Of course." he chuckled as he would trot lightly to catch up to her and once he was at her side, he would slow to match her pace. "Are you always this excited? It's quite a wonderful sight to behold."

Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Civviq blushed a bit and looked away at that statement. After a moment, she looked back at him. "Why, thank you," she said. She chuckled lightly. "Well, it's just, I don't always come across new faces. And when I do, they're mostly not very interested in books or stories at all." She grinned. "It's nice to see somepony who actually does like stories."

Her smile faltered a little. "The others that come across this town, well, they don't really like bookworms like me." Her ears drooped and she looked down at her hooves. "They find it a little... strange, me being as enthusiastic about books as I am." Then, she lifted her head again and smiled confidently - though her eyes were still a little sad. "But that's okay," she said, "After all, they won't stay that long here. And, you know what they say: those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter, don't mind." She nodded to herself as she finished her statement.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 11:38 pm

Heartstring liked what she stated and he gave a light chuckle. "Well comparing to the many, there are indeed few who enjoy books, especially with such enthusiasm, but you know what..." he shifted a glance at her as he walked beside her. "I think it's a beautiful thing for someone to be so enthusiastic about something. It gives them their own spark, their own uniqueness and that in itself is a beautiful thing and no one can take it from you." he smiled sincerely as he saw the sadness in her eyes.

"Stories have been a fascinating thing to me and later today, I hope to show you just how important stories are to me. I would say it not, but...I don't think my words will have a lasting effect compared to what I will do later." he nodded his head. "So I do hope you come and attend as well."

Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Civviq's eyes softened and she smiled, blushing a little. She took a deep breath, dispelling the sadness, and nodded, smiling brightly again.
"Of course I'll be there," she said. "I wouldn't miss it for the world... after all, not every day a storyteller comes to town," she said, chuckling. She sighed and looked forward again, smiling, as she trotted onward with renewed energy.

She led Heartstring through the town, via the now not-so-busy market – not yet, at least – towards the edge of the town. A dirt road led them to a big, grassy field, enough to hold the entire village plus more. A carriage-track crossing straight through it towards the fields of the farms lying further from the small town. On the far right, standing in front of some trees where the field ended, was a huge, rickety barn, used for the storage of the bigger farm equipment that is too big to fit in the barns of the farmers. Not only that, party supplies were held there too: there was a small stage and a huge tent stowed away somewhere in there, as well as streamers and lights and other stuff, under all the hay and cobwebs. It can be used for holidays, national celebrations, birthday parties, or other stuff. The only condition was that the whole town must be invited for those supplies to be used.

The field itself wasn’t really well kept either. The grass was flattened in some places where a cart recently crossed towards the barn, but in average the grass stood to your knees. Not really higher, thankfully, but there can be tricky holes where you least expect it. If there would be a gathering, the grass will be flattened from all the hooves that go over it.

Civviq gestured at the grass field and looked at Heartstring. “This is the field I talked about earlier,” she said. “What do you think of it?”
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 10:47 pm

Heartstring gave a gentle chuckle at her reply. She had a pleasant energy about her and Heartstring liked that, it was like a refreshing gust of wind to him. Side-by-Side he kept his pace to match hers, never increasing and never slowing his pace. He kept by her side the entire way, though his eyes did wander about as he was being led.

The Market area wasn't all that busy, though Heartstring did spot various ponies here and there. The Eldery, the young, and the in-between. Most that were shopping he noticed were the mare's, he pondered to himself wondering if they were buying groceries for the day. From there his mind shifted to the next thing, the body language the ponies all had. Many quite pleasant and for the most part looked quite happy in what they were doing.

Of course he also kept glancing to Civviq and the path she was leading him on. Going along the dirt road until it lead all the way to a large grassy field. His eyes looked over the field and noticed quite a few things from there he stood, and what stood out the most was the fact that it wasn't all too well taken care of.

A 'hmmm' look crossed his face as he collected his thoughts. Once collected he'd glance toward's Civviq. "From the looks of it, it seems that this place hasn't been used in a while for a big event, huh? I can work with it, though it may need a little work, to make it a bit more comfortable for everyone." He gave her a smile and looked back to the field. "With grass this high it makes seeing the ground a bit of a hassle, I wouldn't want ponies to find a pot hole or step on some hidden rocks. Hmm...would there be any issue if I cleaned this place up a bit?" he looked to her again, his eyes a lit like a child in a toy store. "If I need to get permission, I will do so."

Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 4:19 pm

Civviq looked back, smiling brightly to his enthusiasm as she listened to what he had to say. She thought for a bit before she answered his question.

"Wel, I don't think you really need to do so. I mean, this field isn't really owned by anypony. The shack over there," she pointed at the rickety barn, "is owned by the town, and being taken care of by the farmers that use it. and I assume the field is too." She thought for another moment before she continued.

"Either way, if there's a party or something in the works that'd be held on the field, they go to the mayor. He keeps track of everything that's going on around here. But I don't think anypony would mind if it'd be cleaned up a bit."

She smiled. "I'll help you, if you want! How are you planning to do it?"
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:12 am

Heartstring would nod his head as he glanced back toward's Civviq who offered her assistance. He shook his head lightly. "No, that's okay, you worked pretty hard today. Restoration spells for that quantity of time must be quite a toll on you, so rest easy. I can handle this." Heartstring would take a few steps foreword as he looked around the field and his horn would glow, along with the tribal markings on his face and the color of his eyes. He would lower his head and allow for his horn to touch the ground.

As he did this, his energy shot into the ground and began to spread slowly over the field, sticking to it tightly as it began to even dip into the various pot holes here and there. He was identifying where the potholes all were, and then the glow died down and he lifted his head. "Hmm...we have quite a few potholes here and there. They will need to be filled in with something." He looked around trying to see if there was anything that could be used to fill them in. "Mayhaps you know of anything I could use to fill in the potholes around here."

Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:29 am

Civviq took a step back and sat down, watching him perform the spell. She watched curiously as the energy went over the entire field. As the glow died down, she stood up. She thought a moment about his quesion.
"Well, with dirt, I suppose. I don't think anypony has sacks of dirt, but I think you can fix most of them with the dirt out of the woods." She pointed to behind the shack, where the small, light forest began.
"It might not look pretty, but at least nopony will break a leg when they walk over the field."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 6:49 pm

Heartstring would glance in the direction of the small forest and he'd nod his head. "That will have to suffice, better a dirty rump than a broken leg." he'd chuckle and smile as he looked back at Civviq. "Do wait here a moment, I'll be naught but a second." He would bow his head to her a moment and then trot over at a decent speed to the small, light forest and disappeared for a few minutes.

After a short few minutes Heartstring would appear from the forst with his horn lit up and floating orbs of dirt floating behind him in a line. He would return to Civviq's side as he made his approach over to her, he'd lower several of the dirt orbs into the spots where he found the potholes with his magic earlier, packing them tightly with the dirt and filling them completely.

Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 7:03 pm

Civviq watched all this with great interest. She smiled and nodded back, then sat down and waited patiently until he would return with the sand and fill the potholes. She smiled as he returned and nodded once he was done.

"Well, that's done too," she said, getting up. She looked back to the town square that has filled up a lot more during the time they were busy. Civviq saw some of the ponies come together and whisper, looking at them - at Heart in particular - excitedly. Even though she couldn't hear what they said, she was fairly certain what they were talking about. "Heh, word must've spread quickly," she said, a bit amused. "Then again, not much has happened lately, so this is quite the happening."

Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 7:16 pm

Heartstring would look at Civviq with a gaze of confusion at first until he then looked to what Civviq saw and then blinked as he chuckle. "It appears so...impressive." He would look upon the field and smile as he could easily spot the patched of dirt that filled the potholes. His hoof lightly tapped on the ground as if he were trying to think of something. "The field could use a trimming, don't you think?" He glanced over at Civviq wanting to get her opinion.

Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Civviq thought a bit and nodded. She looked over the grand, green field with a slight smile. "That is true, that is true," she said. "Long grass also isn't the most comfortable... But how will you do that?" she asked, curiously. "Do you have a magic spell for that, too?"
She sat down again, her head tilted a bit, looking curiously at him. She didn't always come across new spells, but when she did, she wanted to know as much of it as she could.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 4:33 pm

Heartstring would nod his head. "Matter of fact I do. Being on the road and traversing this land you learn a thing or two to survive." He looked to the left and then to the right before looking towards Civviq. "This is a nice sizable field, but to get the right cut, it helps when you intertwine two spells. First it's a telekinesis spell to make the grass stand on end..." he'd demonstrate as his horn lit up along with the markings upon his face and his eyes lit up as well with a sky blue color as that same color would cover the field like a rushing wave from one end to the other.

Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Civviq watched, very much interested. Her ears perked, she watched the blue glow of Heart's magic spread over the field. She got up as she saw the grass stand up on one end. She moved to the dirt track so Heart would have plenty of room to do the spell.
"And then?" she said, intrigued of what was coming next.
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 8:42 pm

"And then you follow it up with a large sweeping cutting spell. This is something I use to cut through thick and heavy foliage that blocks my way when I'm traveling through forests. I can just tweak the spell a bit so that it sweeps across the field like a passing breeze." His horn glowed just a tad bit brighter and from one end of the field one can notice what seemed like a breeze passing through the grass and then they would separate in a nice clean cut horizontally across, as the cuts happened Heartstring would lift the cut grass high into the air and bring them together into one large pile.

Back to top Go down
Civviq Writer

Civviq Writer

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 7:14 am

She watched as he cut the grass neatly and put it all in a large pile. "Wow..." she said, standing up and walked over to the grass to take a closer look, "that was amazingly done!" She smiled and grinned to him, and sat down on the now cleanly-cut grass. It was far better to walk or sit on then before. Then, she looked around. "You think there's anything else that should be done before you can begin?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just like a Storybook   Just like a Storybook - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just like a Storybook
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: Roleplay-
Jump to: