OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Myth of Immortality [Open]

Go down 
+3
The_Pariah
Ician
Heartstring
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

Myth of Immortality [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 5:43 pm

Overlooking the Unicorn Range it's one of the few tallest mountains in Equestria, just south of Tall Tale where the forest turns rocky and the elevation quickly escalates, The Smokey Mountains. One of the few mountains which pierces the clouds high above, the tops of the mountain's coated in snow. Aside from it's height the second ominous thing about these mountains is the fact that smoke billows out from them. No one exactly knows why, some just assume a great dragon slumbers within and others state that it's a sleeping volcano ready to explode at any given moment, though none have ever had the nerve to go and actually find out.

Over the past seven years however a Restaurant has settled it's haunches somewhere high into the Smokey Mountains. It has brought a massive attraction of many ponies and non-ponies from Equestria and beyond to come and visit the restaurant. Thank's to the restaurant "Cielo de Armor" it has brought many tourists to visit in to the nearest city, which in this case is Tall Tale, so because of this Tall Tale has assisted in providing the necessities of the restaurant and would transport massive provision's to the restaurant every month.

Of course to make the search for the restaurant slightly easier they have also managed to make a map, which guided visitors to the establishment. Of course on the map it's written upon it 'Failing to follow this map will prove hazardous and we will not be held responsible for whatever happens the moment you take this map and/or go up the mountain. *Tall Tale Traveling services*"

Starting around the same time the restaurant had opened a myth had started to arise about the nectar of the gods, a dish that would grant divine wonders! Some dare say it'd even grant immortality. Of course this is just a myth, but myth's are sometimes formed on some sort of basis of truth, right?

Down at the base of the mountain where the path starts stood a earth pony with a coat of caramel and mane and tail of apple red, with bright yellow freckles upon her knees and over the bridge of her nose. Eyes of amber and upon her flank a cutie mark shaping out as three golden droplets of what could be assumed to be honey. Around her neck she had a necklace made of mother of pearls and even on her ears she had earrings made of mother of pearl as well. She was standing by a saddle bag, to which she was adjusting the items she had inside, before putting it onto her back.
Back to top Go down
http://mlpmoe.proboards.com/
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 3:09 am

A brown-cloaked figure trotted briskly down the path to the base of the mountain, the hood pulled back to reveal the black and white-striped face of a zebra. Her similarly coloured mane cascaded down the sides of her face to her shoulders. Her dull-red eyes shone with kindness and determination. Laid over her cloak was a pair of bulging saddlebags, filled with what seemed to be a multitude of vials and flasks, each containing a distinctly different-coloured liquid, and also an awkwardly-protruding map. A silver pendant, an onyx laid into the centre, swayed gently in time with her steps.

She stared up at the mountain, tall and majestic. At long last she'd managed to get a long enough period of leave to detach herself from her usual job and come here to investigate the myth of this Nectar of the Gods. False as it probably was, it fascinated her and lured her there with promises of new wonders. Perhaps new wonders that could further advance her knowledge of alchemy.

So lost was she in her thoughts that she almost walked straight into the earth pony at the bottom of the mountain. She quickly recoiled, taking a few hasty steps back. "Oh, my apologies. I should have been paying more attention to where I was going."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 3:12 am

The sound of gentle hoof-steps would reach the ears of both the mare and zebra, approaching them from behind. If either of them turned to face the sound, they would see a tall ram, his horns flashing in the sunlight as he looked around the mountainside. His green eyes would sparkle with amusement as he spotted the pair, ,a small black patch in his wool standing up, the form of a cat nestled in his wool now visible. He yawned as he approached, stopping as he came along-side them. Smiling at the mare and then the zebra in turn, he nodded a hello, his voice neither deep, nor light, rather somewhere in between. "Hello there... are you heading up the mountain as well?"
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 4:22 am

A light blue pony wearing a godawful-orange tattered longcoat, with the hood up to conceal his face, looked up towards the Smoky Mountains, and took in his surroundings. This would have been a good place to settle down, maybe quit his job and live off the land, but there was business at hand. Somepony was perpetuating a myth of immortality, and he traced it back to here. The stuff was served by a restaurant, the Cielo de Armor, and it was supposedly called 'nectar of the gods'. If it was anything remotely close to what he thought it was, Nectar Ambrosia, then he would be authorized to take drastic measures.

As he approached the base of the mountain, he noticed a growing group of ponies, and a single ram, assembling at the base of the mountain. He decided to play it safe, and approached the ponies in such a way as to not disturb them. They would notice him, of course. He was an unnatural, god-forsaken monster in the form of a unicorn. Living things tended to feel unease around such abomination. He would introduce himself when noticed and asked.

Last edited by Wiserodin032402 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pseudologia Fantastica

Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 5:18 am

The sound of synchronized hoofsteps rang out as two crystal stallions trotted along, one of them looking at the map as the other scanned their surroundings.  They were identical in every way, save for the gear they wore.  The navigator had a pair of saddlebags, one side with maps sticking out and the other side closed.  The other had a hat on his head to block out the sun, and around his neck was a red gem on a simple chain. Neither spoke. They didn't need to.

They were looking for immortality, and this Nectar seemed like a fine lead. The lookout spotted the small group of ponies, and the two changed direction to meet them. The map pony didn't look up until they had reached the group, and then folded it and put it into the saddlebag. They both smiled at the assembling group. The hat pony spoke first. "Hi, are all of you headed to the Cielo de Armor?" The map pony spoke next. "The path is supposed to start around here."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:14 am

The smokey Mountain's went up really high and the restaurant was up pretty high as well so it wasn't just going to be a simple trek up the mountain. Just as Ambr had put on her backpack she had almost been collided into. She turned her attention tot he Zebra who had apologized for the near collision. A smile formed on her lips and she lifted a hoof to wave it off as she said "Ah, dun't wurry 'bout it. S'all good. No harm done." The way she said her words were quite unique and she had picked it up from her mother over the years. Her accent was slightly southern Equestrian.

She looked at the new pony and was quite happy to see that it was a Zebra. "Oh my, aren't you the pretty one!" she stated in a giddy manner and lightly bounced on her hooves. It was shortly after this that a ram did appear and Ambr couldn't help herself, but giggle. She rathered enjoyed company and especially loved it when she saw creatures of different species. To her it was like being able to many different cultures coming together, though the question of whether they actually followed the culture of their species origin is an entirely different story, for all she knew their culture could have been the same as that of Equestrian culture because they may have been born within Equestria, but that's irrelevant information that didn't need to be asked about.

She looked at the ram and nodded her head. "Aye, I'm headin' up there myself." she answered. In her own thoughts she looked and both and kept her smile as she figured they were going to go up as well.

She had caught wind of something in the area that was coming up from behind her, but she didn't turn her attention to it. She was able to do this because of her own natural abilities being able to let her feel the emotions of things in the general area. So long as it wasn't aggressive she didn't feel the need to pay attention to it. Though what did cause her to turn around were the twins that had arrived and spoke up to them.

Ambr had turned giving an answer. "aye, That's my destination. I'ma guess everyone here is headin' up the same way? The path begins right there." she lifted a hoof and pointed towards the path that was just ahead of them. Her eyes had then shifted over to this...'abomination' and she stared at him a moment her eyes a bit wide as she was surprised by his appearance. It took her a pause before she had coughed and spoke up. "A-are ye headin' up there as well?"
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 3:17 am

"Why yes I was..." He said in a very calm and soothing voice "I was just hoping not to disturb you. I assume all of you are going to do some fine dining?" He considered his options, and decided that he would go with them. "May I travel with all of you? You never know when one needs to scale a sheer cliff, especially with the path we're on..."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 6:32 am

The ram chuckled as the mare bounced on her hooves, watching her with a smile for a moment, before coughing. "Ah, I almost forgot to introduce myself. My name is Shatter Stroke," He bowed a little to both mares, before straightening up to face the ponies behind him. He bowed again to the pair of crystal ponies and then top the lone unicorn. Each time, the cat on his pack would roll its eyes and move to maintain its balance.

Turning back to face the mountain, Shatter whistled and grinned widely. "So, the way to immortality is up there? I cannot wait to face its guardian."

Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 6:48 am

OOC: Wiserodin032402, I have been brought aware that the character you are attempting to use is not approved therefore I have to tell you, you cannot continue to rp, with that character until it has been approved. If I am to assume what character it is, it must have been tyrannus? so until then you have to stop posting in this thread.

Now do not respond to this post in this thread. Send me a PM if there is any confusion that needs to be cleared up. Normally this is a strike-worthy offense, but because of my own blunder you will be let off with a warning.

-Admin Heartstring

*Edit* problem has been fixed, Wiserodin03402 can continue posting as he is now using a character that has been accepted.

Last edited by Heartstring on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 6:54 am

Quimia blushed and looked away as the pony complimented her on her appearance in a strange accent. Still, she was no stranger to accents, having herself grown up as her native village's alchemist for a while. She'd had an accent once, and could reproduce it if she wanted to, but her long stay in Canterlot had effectively gotten rid of it in normal conversation. Still, maybe she might use it again sometime.

"Well, thank you... miss... I am sorry, I do not think I caught your name earlier." Quimia extended her hoof in greeting. "I am Quimia, a zebra alchemist. What of you?"
Back to top Go down
Pseudologia Fantastica

Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 10:25 pm

The twins smiled in synchronization.  The one with the amulet spoke first.  "Great to meet you all!"

His twin piped up.  "The more the merrier, we like to live by."

"As for names, I'm Carbon-"

"-Copy."

They bowed their heads, and spoke in unison.  "Enchanted crystal experts and immortality seekers, at your service!"

The twins certainly knew each other well, enough to know what to say and when. But even for twins, their movements were incredibly well choreographed, not a single word at the wrong time. Pretty clearly rehearsed, but still impressive. The apparent rehearsal didn't end there, though. As they straightened up and smiled, they blinked twice, at the same time, without looking at each other. And there was the matter of them having the same cutie mark. Carbon and Copy were apt names indeed.

Carbon opened. "So, are we sticking around for anypony else?"

"Or shall we begin hiking?"

"The restaurant isn't going to come down here, after all."
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 2:38 am

"Well ain't that grand?" she said to no pony in particular and she pressed her hoof against the zebra and shook it as she spoke up so everyone can hear her. "Just call me Ms. Osia." It was quite the strange collection of ponies....and non-ponies, but nothing she hasn't seen before. Seem's like everyone is heading up for their own reasons, or maybe the same reasons? She had arched a brow at some of them speaking about immortality. She mentally shrugged it off and she turned and faced towards the mountain's starting path.

She looked to each of the group members, Quimia, Shatter Stroke, the pony who still hadn't introduced himself, Carbon and Copy. "Let's getta movin'. Sun's ain't gon' be up forever." she started for the path, not waiting for anyone. She'd rather get to the restaurant before the sun falls. "Let's try an be friendly since we gon' be together for a while."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 12:06 pm

Shatter smiled as the crystal ponies, clearly amused by their apparent act. He glanced at Quima, then to Ambr, her accent tempting him to draw on his Oatstralian heritage. Instead, he coughed and nodded once, scratching his cat's ears absentmindedly. "To right Ms Osia, the sun does not wait for anypony cept Her Majesty."

Shatter started up the path, digging a book out from somewhere in his wool, his horns glowing with a silvery light as he levitated it up to his snout. He began to read, apparently unbothered by the terrain.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 1:54 pm

The pony summoned a whip-chain from seemingly nowhere and looked straight up the path. "Shall we get going?" he said as he threw the chain to it's full length of fifteen meters, it clamped on the ground farther up the path. He used the chain to pull himself straight to the spot, and it withdrew back into its pocket dimension. "Are you all coming or not?" He started to go up the path at a brisk pace.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 3:10 pm

Quimia followed quickly behind Osia, muttering a "Pleased to make your acquaintance" in response to her giving her name. She also turned and gave a polite bow to the two crystal ponies, noting their uncanny ability to finish each others' sentences. Clearly they were close. She greeted them as well, saying, "Good morning, Carbon Copy. Quimia, alchemist, at your service."

She then turned to Shatter. Dignified and restrained as she usually was, she couldn't help but feel like hugging the ram. Something about the wool was incredibly inviting. She held herself back, however, aware that it would be rude and sudden. She simply kept to herself, staring at the ground and conspicuously avoiding the gaze of the one pony who had not yet given his name.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 3:17 pm

While the group was starting to get moving, another figure walked up with the near constant jingle of metal, pausing momentarily to regard the group. The figure was tall, easily dwarfing the others gathered at the base and those beginning to trek up the mountain. The old dark green cloak he wore obscured much of his form, only serving the outline the broad shoulders. A dog like muzzle peeked out from the pulled up hood while a pair of ears poked through the material on the top. One ear was missing a piece from the top while the other had three hoop piercings along it's side. A large metal and stone board like shield was strapped to one of his arms, while the other held the straps to a decently sized pack that was slung over his shoulder.

After his moment of regarding the group, the diamond dog shifted back to facing the path and wordlessly started up it, the jingle of the chain mail armor on his chest started up again with every step.
Back to top Go down
Pseudologia Fantastica

Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 1:58 am

Carbon and Copy made their way up the mountain, Carbon looking about and Copy writing in a journal he had taken from the saddlebags.  The group certainly seemed an interesting bunch, and definitely diverse. He looked around at the others, noting all the different species and reminding himself of the names. Quimia, the zebra alchemist. He and Copy returned her greeting with a nod, a smile, and a "Good morning to you too, Quimia." "It's good to meet you."

There was... Miss Osia, that was it. Relatively normal mare. Bit of an accent. He nodded to agree with her statement, and Copy did the same.

Shatter was interesting. Carbon had never met a ram before. He didn't know they had magic. Interesting fellow.

Finally, the unicorn whose name he didn't know. The one with the chain. Showoff. He wasn't going to say that to his face, of course. Something about the unicorn told him to leave well enough alone.

And... a diamond dog, big one. Whole lot of armor. A bit rude, or just quiet? He'd find out. Eventually, anyway.

Any pony nosy enough to glance at what Copy was writing would find a rough transcript of these little mental notes, written in a quick, sloppy mouthwriting. However, Copy closed the journal and tucked it away, and they started whistling a tune in harmony.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 2:25 pm

The Unicorn felt a sneeze coming on. Somepony was thinking ill of him. It was to be expected of course, he hadn't introduced himself, he was wearing a BRIGHT orange long-coat, and he had just shown that he has a unique form of magic that copied an ancient artifact that was lost in the ocean.

He decided to take stock.

Carbon-Copy: Obviously some sort of puppeteer, except using an Artifice rather than a doll. He had never really seen that type before. Artifice puppeteers exist, but he had never seen one in person. Though the amulet looked suspicious.

Miss Osia: Earth Pony, enough said.

Quimia: Alchemist, Zebra. Nothing much to go off of.

Shatter: A ram! In Equestria? Interesting, profiling him later.

A Diamond Dog with Armor, strange that he wasn't busy trying to follow stereotype and being villainous.

All in all, they were a very ragtag group heading to a restaurant. A very dangerous and hidden restaurant, but a restaurant none the less. This was going to be one for the history books...
Back to top Go down
Heartstring
Admin
Admin
Heartstring

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:50 am

Ambr, now going as Ms. Osia preferring only to speak her last name to strangers she just met, had only laughed at the enthusiasm of particular members of the group already willing and heading for the path entrance. She, with a skip in her step, bounded after the ones already starting up the path. The Ram mentioning something about 'her majesty', the silent unicorn showing off unique magic, the zebra containing some pent up urge to hug. The twins, well there wasn't anything particularly strange about them, well not strange to Ms. Osia that is.

She halted her steps at the sound of the jingling of chains and clanking of steel. It caught her attention and she turned to look for it's source. When the source had finally shown itself she could only squeal. "A puppy!!" Well it was obvious to everyone that the Diamond Dog wasn't a puppy, but Ms. Osia was one of those types of ponies that tended to...squeal toward's anything she found cute; dog's being one of the many thing's she finds cute. "Well how this has become quite the party!" she stated mostly to herself, but that boundless energetic smile never ceased to leave her lips, pure and utter-genuine bliss emanated from her. She was one who really adored company.

the path they were going to head up was a particularly large opening that directed up in a wide slope, which would gradually shrink in size the further up it went. Eventually the path would squeeze down wide enough that only three ponies can walk side by side comfortably. The path itself seemed particularly clean as if somepony sweeps it every so often, though the further the path went the more the natural un-swept terrain would show itself. For now thing's were be fairly simple, no real issue's occurring as the path leads further and further off the ground.
Back to top Go down
Zen

Zen

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:44 am

Ms. Osia's squeal didn't go unnoticed as the ear with the piercings swiveled back towards her, and the dog paused in his stride. The dog looked back over his shoulder and down towards her, looking at the mare curiously with one large normal eye and one that was milky white, before shifting a little more so he was mostly facing her.

The paw like hand that held his sack uncurled slightly at the top to free up the top digit and he pointed towards himself a couple times. "Name, Krix," the dog said slowly in a gravelly voice, more chewing on the words rather than speaking them. After those brief words, and another moment to examine the mare with his one good eye, the dog re-tightened his grip and proceeded along the path once more, not seeming to care if he was walking next to someone or not.
Back to top Go down
Ician

Ician

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 2:43 am

Quimia glanced backwards briefly at the diamond dog. She didn't really know what to make of him, even after Osia greeted him with an... enthusiastic response, and he replied with his name in a strange way of speaking. Something about him was mildly disturbing, and by this time Quimia had learnt that at least a little bit of paranoia was a good thing, especially if one retained a sense of self-preservation. She leaned her head in a little closer to her saddlebags.

She decided to walk at the back of the party, knowing that all she was good for was support. Mostly.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 7:50 am

Shatter maintained his position at the head of the group, his ear only twitching as Ambr squealed, his eyes still sliding across the page slowly. "It seems we have gathered quite the interesting group," he murmured loud enough for only his cat to hear. A sound that could have been a chuckle escaped the cat's lips, and it curled up in his wool. "Though," he continued, "ultimately not much beyond what I've seen before. The zebra is good looking, and those crystal ponies are cute, specially the whole twins thing they have going on." He closed his mouth and returned his book, eyes moving a little faster as he reached a tipping point within it.
Back to top Go down
WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 1:05 pm

The unicorn saw the path narrow up ahead, and realized that they had to walk in a specific formation. He noted that he had the shortest range. "I'll take point. I only have about fifteen meters maximum for reach. Who else is up front?"
Back to top Go down
Pseudologia Fantastica

Pseudologia Fantastica

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 1:04 am

Carbon hesitated at the unnamed unicorn's question, Copy doing the same.  He certainly didn't want to be near the unicorn, what with the chains whipping around and everything.  And something else was telling him it was a bad idea.  So he held back a little, choosing to walk on either side of Shatter.  After a few seconds, he decided that the silence was becoming a bit awkward.  Carbon opened.  "So, you're Shatter, right?"

"Where are you from?"

"There aren't many rams around here."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 2:43 am

Shatter ignored the pair for a moment, his eyes skimming across the page with an intense interest before the book slammed shut with a click. He glanced at the pair, his horns glowing as he gently nestled the book in his wool. He coughed as they asked their questions before smiling. "I am indeed Shatter Stroke, the one and only. I'm from Oatstralia, though I don't particularly feel like telling you any more than on that subject."

At one of the twin's assertion, Shatter wasn't sure who, he chuckled and shook his head, careful not to poke either of them with his horns. "There are not. That fact, plus my height, makes me rather easy to find in a crowd. Do you have any other questions? I'll be happy to answer them," he said as the black cat in his wool purred and draped itself over his horns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myth of Immortality [Open]   Myth of Immortality [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Myth of Immortality [Open]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next