OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 3:39 am

Sugary wasn't just firing bolts of magic at random, he had every intent of hitting Luna to support the falling rocks. Her moving out of the way without protecting herself first just meant he'd shoot upon her as she moved in the close proximity, which might have gotten a few hits in at least. It was only when the rocks around him were turned to dust that he let up to defend himself if needed, but she had yet to aim at him directly it seemed.

He would continue to fall, but using magic, he'd reduce the speed and impact through self-levitation as what looked like a magical cloud formed under him as he touched down before it went away. He might be tired, but he was far from done over as he began to form water and ice orbs around him like a makeshift barrier that slowly went outwards further as his magic flared on with a bluish coloring. He was still sternly focused in the battle and his opponent, who was going to have to try much harder to instill fear to him beyond just magically breaking rocks.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 12:21 am

He nods and smiles at what the Princess was trying to imply to him. This were going fairly well and yet he still he thought about the pony he had met earlier and the thing that he had said. He had asked everything he could think of at the moment. So, was it something further down ahead that they needed to be defended from? The question was left without answer as Princess's Luna came to join in the conversation. A weak "heh" escaped him while Luna spoke about the other memebers of their group, but hid the smile behind the straight face that the Guard was famous for keeping. At first, he was tempted to give a more carefree answer like "of course" or worse "duh". He wouldn't say that to somepony of a higher rank, much less a Princess. So, instead of those terrible choices he simply with, "I am".
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 6:12 am

Fearful didn't react to her kiss, instead raising an eyebrow. "'twas indeed sudden... Did you intend to make a point with it?" He asked, staring at her. "As for night and day..." He glanced behind him at the pair of sisters, a small smile lighting his lips. "They seem to get along pretty well. I do not see why we cannot be friends. Are you telling me that friends are something that my generation made, and yours avoid?" He asked. "Cause I don't think that's true." 

He glanced ahead. "So what's the actual puzzle here? What is this spirit asking of you?"
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 8:54 am

Luna still hadn't been able to obliterate this tired pony like she thought she may been able, which frustrated her greatly. She flew towards the ground, confident she could shrug off the hit she took from  Sugary, which was harder than expected, but he managed it no worse for wear. As she neared the ground, she lifted Mittere in front of her, magically pulling her in front, intent on using her as a hostage this time. "You are to cease this at once, or else your reason for fighting shall be removed." Sugary had not been very cooperative with her demands so far, even with her being nice to them for the standard of their crime. She let the aura of her grasp grow a little brighter around the mare's neck, making it clear as to what will happen, even to his frenzied and rampaging state.

“Yes it was,” Mittere stated. “That I have loved you all along and think we should walk off together into the night.” For some reason, that seemed rather insincere. “I was indeed making a point about starting off too strongly. It was inappropriate for our current standing with each other for me to act in that way. As for the challenge the room represents, though you can see through it clearly, the rest of this room is a maze. I do not wish to walk in there without proper mapping, but the distractions are making it hard to get a feel of its layout. Do not worry, I was not referring to you my friend." The act of  calling him a friend was forced, but she'd placed some effort into trying.

"You took a while to answer that question," Luna noted, though there were no strong feelings behind it. Just making conversation.

“He was likely choosing the rights words, which is good. Miscommunication can lead to many bad things. It's nice to meet ponies who understand that. Now, I am not trying to bait any set response,” Celestia admitted to Blade. “But what is it that you think of those two, while they are not listening to us? I like knowing where everypony stands with each other. A knowledge of these things is capable of averting disaster.” Celestia looked down to Blade with open eyes. She gave a soft “hmm?” prompting him to satisfy her curiosity so she should get a better idea of the group.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 9:15 am

Sugary had power and speed, but Luna was in far better shape while he was slowly wearing himself out from the day's events. The uphill battle meant he was just a bit too slow as he launched several of the ice shards towards her, but Mittere had already been caught. He was forced to halt the barrage and deeply contemplate the situation... and there was little he could do now but dissipate the ice and water away, and remain in a defensive position. "... Damn... Now what...?" He kept a clear gaze over her every move, though he remained ever concerned for the badly injured and unconscious Mittere. "... She is part of the reason I fight, but removing her will still earn you my ire, and you'll be no better than us... Name your terms..."
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 11:45 am

Fearful let out a deep-bellied laugh, the lilting noise dancing around the chamber. "Unfortunately, my heart is set on another, as is yours, and the world could be very much ending. So no, you don't. You see, unlike you, my desire to be friends is genuine. Are you implying that our current standing makes it inappropriate to ask that? As for the maze, have you attempted brute force? I am curious to see what would happen if I was too simply break every wall in my way..." He shrugged and stepped into the maze proper. "I shall mark the path I take... Give me ten minutes." He closed his eyes and drew in his aura, ready to examine the maze at vampiric speed.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 2:52 pm

The stallion wasn't sure how to take Luna's comment about his pause because it made it seem like she didn't think he was telling the truth. Luckily, Celestia came to save him from the awkward talk that would have started afterwards. Blade turned his attention to Mittere and One briefly, quickly going over what he had seen of them so far. "Both are prideful and will do whatever they many things to save Equestria though as to what lengths depend between the two." Blade still disliked Mittere for the way she had attacked in the throne room. "I will have to say this. Mittere's ego needs a couple of freight trains to get knocked down a few pegs, hopefully a few have already been given. As for the vampony, I'm just going to say he is better to talk with.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 8:37 pm

“I have the law upon my side. So long as you reside in my country, you will obey my code of laws or face the punishments I lay out." Luna was sure to stress that she was now alone, and she held a large amount of contempt for those responsible. "As for my terms," she said, keeping her grasp on Mittere whilst pawing at the ground."I wish for you stand down and come with me. You will not be harmed. I do not murder ponies. An appropriate punishment will be meted out, and you can live your life knowing what you have done, with your mare if she surrenders.”

"You are with Luna," Mittere stated, as though that explained everything. She did not know how to respond to the laugh, so as he had done with the kiss, she remained impassive to it. "That makes you an enemy. There can be no trust between us, meaning it shall never amount to anything lasting. I can be a little nicer to you if you wish, it will make being forced into working together a more pleasant experience for you. Just how does a vampire spend their time?" She was more than happy to allow Fearful to progress ahead and expend his energy. That was a relationship she was more than happy to have. She sighed and pinned her ears back as she was forced to listen to more drivel from within her mind. She tried to just watch Fearful run through the maze.

“An ego the size of the sun you could say. There are ponies with worse egos. Some make every word that comes from their mouth about them. I have the misfortune to be acquainted with at least one such pony,” Celestia said. She seemed satisfied that Blade was being honest. It was not hard to tell who he disliked more. She had to try and not dislike Mittere, putting her Immortal patience to use. She had made every effort to be nice to her. The return wasn't great or encouraging. "Why is it you find such pride unsavoury? Luna and myself are rather proud, so what is the separation?" She was acting very casual to say she was meant to be talking to a guard, but she would like to think her guards should be able to hold conversation.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 8:30 am

Sugary probably could have just kept running off on his own, and the thought did cross his mind. He was still sure he wasn't supposed to be there, but he doubted he would gain anything if he just ran away from his troubles. With a very reluctant willpower, he finally sent all of his armor into the Inventory, and let his flaring magic settle down. "... Very well... But at the very least let me heal her if you won't. She's still badly wounded..." He wanted to do so right away, but his choices were severely limited.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 11:46 am

Fearful would spend the next ten minutes circumnavigating the maze. Once he found the exit, he would mark out the path, before returning to the entrance, assuming he sprung no traps. Once there, he turned to Mittere and shook his head. "I am in love with Luna. I do not see how this makes me an enemy. I am also a rather large fan of cheese, however, you would not call me the enemy of those who do not like cheese. Besides, I trust you. You can be an unlikable bitch sometimes it's true, but you're also quite determined, and despite what you might claim, you're ultimately a pony who does not go back on her word."

He considered her question for a time, having not spent too much energy exploring the maze. "How do vampires spend our time you ask? Well... We spend it however we please. For example, I have a few subjects who enjoy karaoke, and a few others who enjoy cooking. We do what we enjoy doing."
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 6:46 pm

Blade didn't think about the subject much since there was a good difference between the two. "It is the fact that she mocks nearly everyone and thinks lesser of them. Degrading others like this is something I can't stand in the least. Almost damning everypony in order to have us roll over for her." Blade had always disliked people like that especially since he had been one of those that had been put into a position where he had no power, which been basically the entire day outside of the scuffle outside of the gate. "When she asked to put anyone, well "anything" in front of her and Sugary, I was tempted to simply offer myself." He paused to give a heavy sigh. "Luckily, my brain kicked in for me to remember that I was outnumbered and outclassed.' His tone had turned bitter and harsh, obviously not liking to having state his inferiority. "That and...I didn't want to fight Sugary." The last part was true, but was just added not make him seem less of looking too prideful. In all honesty, he wanted to be the one that got rid of the other alicorn's ego.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 5:23 pm

Luna let out a deep breath, handing Mittere over, throwing her like before. Sugary didn't get a chance to catch her this time before some other pony did in an aura very similar to the mare being tossed around. A pony would nuzzle Sugary's neck, though not in a loving way, but as a gesture of more friendly support. "I am sorry it took me a while to arrive," Summer said. "Difficulties were greater than I had been informed." As Summer stayed close to Sugary, his perceived reality fell apart a little, giving him one distinct advantage. He could see what was happening before it did. If he could figure out the blurs then he could win. "I can fight too, or restore you to your real power. I am limited in how much I can interfere."

Luna was shocked to see the same mare twice, but didn't let it effect her stance. "Remember the terms stallion. This is just an  extra mare I can defeat in front of you. A princess of Equestria does not ask nicely twice! There is nothing for you to gain here." She stomped the ground, wanting to draw Sugary's attention

"You trust me?" Mittere sounded a little uncomposed. She was really taken aback by that. It meant something to her, even from him. "And yet think I am an unlikable bitch? That seems a very conflicting stance to hold. It is of course, only natural you understand the value of my word. I cannot place a strong opinion as to your true character, so if you believe we can be friends than we can..." She was still unsure, feeling like friendship was more than a declaration. Her opinion on his tiredness shifted, or she at least tried to view it as a positive thing. The less ponies that got hurt because of this the better, and tiredness caused mistakes.

"How wasteful," Mittere commented. "Time is just as valuable, no matter how much you have. Do you think you were born to feel nice and do whatever you want? I find that to be a waste of talent, not like I can do anything about it. I am sure you are well loved for your approach, but you surely know you could be quite the middle power. I do not see how you can exist so long without plan or purpose. Are we now ready to proceed through the maze?"

"Mocking is how you see it?" Luna asked, curious as to the word chosen. Mittere was certainly demeaning, but she hoped it was not intentional.  "She is old and so am I, so perhaps that skews my perspective. By virtue of age she knows a great deal. Most ponies she does not feel are up to her level. Things she finds so simple now others find complex. If somepony tried to imitate your skills, only badly, you would feel good about about it, yes?"

"It is a common form of arrogance, and certainly a flaw, one I possess and work to rid myself of," Celestia said. "It turns ponies away, as you can tell. You also make it sound in your tone that you feel you have no power when compared to them. I would not feel powerless Blade. You were wise not to offer resistance. You're confusing power for strength. You don't need strength or wisdom to be powerful, what you need is respect and to be a good judge of character. That is the lesson I once wished to teach to Twilight, and what she has equally taught me. It's that way you gain the power to make the spark that starts the fires of friendship. When ponies think of the leader of Equestria, they see me and Luna, but not all of the ponies that work closely with us to keep the land stable. If I were to let every moment I could not measure up how I would like to leave me embittered, I would be unable to go on leading Equestria.”
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 12:18 pm

"I. Trust. You." He said, tapping her chest lightly with each word. "It's not that hard to understand. And no, I think you can be an unlikable bitch at times. That is not to say you are always, or that you will never be one. Similarly, I can be horrible monster. I'm not, but I have the potential to be." He smiled softly. "But it is not our potentials that make us. It's certainties. And I am certain that I trust you." He continued to smile before considering her response.

"Well... I mean... Yes, yes I do. If we do not do what we find enjoyable, then what's the point of living? I can see and understand where you're coming from, but ultimately... My subjects do not waste their talents. As I said, they often do something they enjoy for centuries. This tends to lead to a mastery of said thing... Which one could argue could be turned to the greater good."

His face fell for a moment, and he shook his head. "We would not be a middle power. Given a century or two, I could militarise every vampire. Half a million soldiers who under the cover of darkness would slaughter entire armies without causality. The runes that protect the Isle would be extended outwards, and the entire continent would be shrouded in darkness. Equestria would fall in weeks." He turned away. "I have the potential Mittere, but I will never tap into it. We are not our potential... We are our certainties."

He seemed to lighten up considerably in a short space of time, nodding a few times. "Yup. I've marked out the route ahead."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 5:11 am

Hope. Sugary had regained a sense of hope that he could finally escape from the nightmare he was facing right now as Summer came to his aid. He was surprised at her arrival of course, and then was surprised at himself that he was actually happy to have the phantom aiding him when its motives were unclear as is, leaving him with mixed feelings all around. The fact he began to see things a bit differently, as if he were in a dream he might be able to control, made things easier on him already. "Phantom? Thank you. If you are limited, then restore my power and stay safe with the other one. I'll handle this..."

He was unsure how long it would take for Summer to help him directly, but he was almost certain it would be soon enough as he flared his magic once more, never once quite fully getting rid of what he had built up, but rather suppressed intentionally. "Luna... I heard your terms well, but while you may have the right of claim, you have not earned it. Celestia and Mittere were worthy of wielding the sun since long ago if I remember correctly. It does not belong to you." He didn't bother putting the armor back on, seeing no need for it. He slowly began to see things more clearly around him as he kept his stance...
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 5:21 am

Blade didn't speak until the Princesses spoke him, Celestia seeming hit a sore spot by defining power. He had wanted to give his two bits to what Luna had asked him, but simply raised a brow before the white alicorn cut him off. He knew friendship was good and all, but what happens when you're alone with no one to help? The stallion had been in that situation before and decided to move his mind away from the sore subject. "Should we check on their progress?" He asked in order to keep them from questioning him even further.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 8:25 pm

Summer nodded, before leaning to touch horns with Sugary. He wouldn't be able to feel the mare's horn on his, but the power returning was real. He was as juiced up as much as he was before he had been whisked away. Complying with his next request, she slowly retreated with Mittere in her grasp. A safe but still visible distance away, she would make sure to get to work trying to bend the rules in order to be a little more helpful to Sugary.

"Worthy?" Luna snorted. "I did not know I had to meet your approval to be able to claim inheritance. She hadn't lost any of her desire to fight now that he'd began to offer resistance again due to the other Mittere that she could figure out the meaning of later. She kept her own firm stance, ready to push forward. The two identical mares could hide away behind this stallion. Once things were done it wouldn’t matter anyway. The lone princess snorted again, this time with a far more aggressive edge to it. She wanted to know exactly what this pony had in his offensive arsenal he'd been too tired or scared to use. Fighting a pony who was only using three legs was not something to take pride in.

Mittere was still confused as Fearful prodded her chest. "I know what all of the words mean. Being basic does not lessen their impact." She was quick to move the subject. The things we do not enjoy are often the most important. Among kings you are actually somewhat worthy, so I will pass no further judgement as to how it is you see to your people, or how you do not as it seems to be. And I do think if there was a definitive answer to such a large question, you would have  had the time to find it. The fact you remain unsure only makes your argument weaker. I would say to push your own limits and stretch and grow your soul.” She hissed a little, her head turning away for a moment as she was harassed some more. She would like to hear what this ghost would have to say when she was done here.  

“That would be a very cosy world," she chirped after Fearful spoke of his hypothetical potential. "For an army, that is an impressive number to have in one place, but when was the last time you fought a battle? I am sure you have all the natural skills to be successful, but time only ever moves away from what you remember. I would make a joke about how fossils should stay buried, but I have passed that point myself. After two centuries at the rate crises, like this very one come and go, it would be a miracle if the land you set out to conquer even existed by the time you arrived." That was something of a joke intended only to be funny for those that had lived a while or were acquainted with history. Once she focused on their similarities, it was easier to think a little higher of Fearful. She wanted to bait him, mention how he should use a little bit of that potential, but his talk of certainties and how they made a pony gave her something to consider as she walked into the maze, inviting the stallion to join her.

Celestia blinked before she nudged Blade softly. "They seem to be done up ahead. Shall we go?" She seemed a little distant and completely unaware as to the fact she had been asked a similar question.

"Sister, he just said that," Luna said, trying to make it clear with her tone that she was acting abnormally. She wanted to look Celestia over, but staring at her sister would be awkward. Her tells were noticeable enough to her anyway. The problem would reveal itself then.

Celestia turned her head to look to Luna before nodding. "Right. Sorry about that, Blade, I was thinking. This needs my full attention.” She began to walk towards the entrance to the maze, her eyes slightly narrower and posture locked into a more straight and regal state. Relaxing had a time and a place. She’d gone through worse than this listening to certain ponies rant about various to her. She was still tried though. The mare lit a very small and pitiable flame on her hoof and allowed the heat to burn her before extinguishing it, not enough to cause harm, but it brought her to be fully alert and ready for attackers should they come.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:55 pm

Perhaps Sugary wasn't quite fully restored since he had been busy as is before being sent to the nightmarish location, but it felt better to be semi-restored than drained and exhausted. With a second wind behind his back, he let magic flow more freely through and around him rather than hoarding it as he stared towards Luna, stronger and livelier than earlier. "It's not a matter of approval... I just can't find it in me to trust you after saying we have nothing against you, yet you claim you want to come to an understanding and still you insisted on hunting us down. If we were really as much of a threat as you think, we could have done so much worse by now..." In particular, he thought to the moment he had with Mittere in the throne room. He got the feeling things could have gone way downhill with naught but a single decision. For a brief moment, he thought the saw the near apocalyptic outcome of that as clear as day, but perhaps it was just the distorted world placing images in his head.

He took a stance similar to his opponent's, readying himself for another round, his expression becoming more stoic. "... I know all too well Celestia meant so much to so many. Do not make the mistake of thinking we don't care for what we did. Now come! Let's bring this feud to an end!" It was a grudge match and he knew it, but he was certain things could not be left without settling some scores. Neither side was completely right or wrong, all that mattered was who would hold out the longest as he waited on her to make a move while his gear, magic, and strategies ran through his mind as if time were irrelevant with or without the distortion.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 11:34 am

"Indeed it does not. Those words have power, particularly for me. Trusting ponies is not something I do often... Perhaps it is something I should do more often, though I do not plan on making a habit of it." He smiled and shrugged quietly. "Worthy is not something I would call myself. I do not pity myself, rather, I have had my time at the reins... It is time someone younger took over. I do not pass judgement on my subjects for most things.. We have laws certainly, but beyond them, what right do I have to judge? As for my limits..." He shuddered, a memory he would much rather forget passing through his mind. Blood soaked the walls, dripping with a heavy staccato beat. Looking around, he could have almost roared in pleasure at his victory. They hadn't stood a cha– "I have my limits for a reason."

"The last time I fought? A long time ago. Your joke about fossils would not be incorrect. I would not be surprised if some of my bones have turned to stone I'm that old. And as you say, war has evolved. As I said, I think it's time I stood down from the throne, maybe spent some time gardening... I hear it's relaxing." He smiled and followed her into the maze, large arrows pointing the way for the rest of the group to follow. He took note of Celestia burning herself though. It seems this place is getting to everyone...
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 6:56 pm

Blade gave Celestia a curious glance before looking over to Luna. It wasn't hard to tell that the Princess was getting tired and Luna looking over her sister only reinforced the fact. Blade hesitantly nodded to the apology and walked next to her, giving a quick glance to her hoof to make sure it wasn't burned before looking back to the others. The feeling of uselessness started to pick up once again and urged him to do more though as for what exactly would remain a mystery to him. "Made any progress?"
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 9:22 am

“My sister was no threat to you by the same logic,” Luna said, though she really did not want to waste any more time talking with this this stallion, nor fighting with him. She had a rightful claim and that is what she wished to take. She did not plan on giving him any more time to formulate a plan once her own was ready to go. If Sugary were think that Luna was going to be easier to fight just because of the daylight outside he was about to have that misconception removed in a painful way. The orbs that had latched onto buildings were still present, and they seemed to have grown in size. All throughout the little play session they had just been having, the blackness had been gathering energy from the light. If the heat had not been lifted she might have been near unstoppable.The lone princess took many careful steps backward as she moved in a position to be closer to her advantage. Not wanting Sugary to punish this move, she performed the very simple trick of throwing more of the dirt and rubble his way, forcing him to deal with that rather than her. She was prepared for if Sugary tried the same trick he had before twice.

“I thought your kind did not get old in the same way others did," Mittere stated as a fact. "I also thought them to be prideful creatures. I would not be so eager to step back. Do you know somepony that could fulfil the role? To step down is a one way trip. Make sure you have tried every other way to keep yourself interested. Create a new holiday, or perhaps train a student. Not a difference does it make to me, this seems to be a change wanted only by yourself. You claim to be able to raise an army, that means you must have great respect stemming from great power. Regardless of what it it you choose to do,  It takes years for plants and trees to grow to their potential, your longevity suits it”.

Celestia seemed fine now. The dark and the cold had worn her spirit slightly, enough to almost fall for trick. She picked up the pace, moving ahead of Blade and Luna. There was almost a smile on her face now and she looked so calm. The princess silently went through the maze, following the directions that appeared.  

“This is not the first time she has behaved like that,” Luna told Blade, because he was there and she felt somepony else should know. What she has done up until today has certainly affected her. It is up to ponies like you to make her feel better. Do you understand that order? Don’t let your commitment waiver no matter how you feel.”

As they emerged from the maze having been funneled through the doorway into the next room, She was quick to place a leg out in order to motion for everypony to stop. Celestia almost seemed like she was going to defy this order, but instead stopped behind Mittere, peering over her to see what it was that warranted the move. Mittere’s eyes shifted to some text on the floor, as her eyes moved across it she gave a very small laugh. Either her concept of the word was wrong, or something made a mistake when making this place, and if Mittere was wrong she would likely know that.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Blade was about to simply try to keep stride with the Princess though Luna speaking to him made pause, especially since this was the first time they had talked privately. The stallion simply looked at Luna for a few moments before answering, his mind trying to find a reason why he would need to be asked for such a thing. "I will." He said while still feeling strange for the brief conversation between him and Luna. He would try to progress through the maze without saying anything until they had to stop for some reason. "What is it?" He asked Mittere when she suddenly laughed at something.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 6:52 am

"Hmm... it is true that Vampires do not age in the same way as any other creature, including other immortals... Indeed, it would not be incorrect to say that we are virtually unchanging. I suppose another way of putting it would be to say that we are locked in time. And yes, we are quite prideful. Unfortunately, you must also understand that I am over 12000 years old. I am... tired... Yes, tired. I would not mind stepping down and never stepping back up." Fearful yawned as if to emphasise this, before nodding. "I am well respected... and I think I would be more respected if I stood down. I think I'm too old to lead now... Once you have watched the entire life cycle of an oak, I think it is fair to say you are too old."

As they exited the maze he glanced at her, tempted to push pasty her outstretched limb. "What's so funny?" He looked ahead, curious to see if he could spot what she was laughing at, though he suspected it was the text on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 8:22 am

Sugary hadn't forgotten about the spell Luna had cast earlier, and was as wary as ever in their positioning. Before she made her toss of debris against him, he actually scoffed a bit as he felt insulted by the claim. "Are you insane!? Now you're just pretending like no one was in danger because your sister went mad!"

When the barrage came, Luna would soon learn that the lack of wings did not make him less of a threat as it was now he whom, with a single focused blast of raw energy, launched a ball right through the debris like a cannon. He held far less reservations about holding back on her the more he got to gauge her resilience as the shot was both explosive and concussive in nature if it made contact with her in any way. He also fully intended to set off the explosion if she tried to dodge so as to avoid hitting a building and getting the concussive blast as close to her as possible. There was no particular trick to the spell, it was purely for aggressive means. He intended to hold his ground, even if some of the debris hit his body. He was sturdy enough for now, and all he needed to do was to protect his eyes afterwards with a light barrier to avoid having his vision impaired by the dust. It also meant he was unlikely to have his gaze distracted as he was more than ready to launch another spell against her if he saw her shift from her position in any way.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 10:07 pm

Luna was not scared by Sugary’s move. The direct approach was a good one, if a little simple. Simple suited the stallion though, if if he actually thought he was in the right. Luna had no problems dropping to his level of finesse however. In a fight that was so simple she had an indisputable edge. Energy economy was of no concern to her. If she burned herself out, she could get more energy, and then again after that. She was just going to go through it, or at the very least push it away. Luna was content content to watch to watch the blast move the rubble out of the way, letting his attack draw closer for a moment before countering. It was simple creation, taking the shape of a thrown lance, only with a slightly engorged size to accommodate the fierce magical energy of it, that caused a crackling static sound in the air. She watched as it collided, waiting with sharp and narrow eyes the results. For either path she had a plan of attack, as well as a knowledge of how it could be foiled. The stallion had not showcased anything too unfamiliar yet, so she was under the assumption he was as plain as he looked, and held some kind of hero complex.

“And you would rather slowly waste away without purpose? That is the fastest way an immortal can lose their mind. Only 12000 years? You act like that is enough that you have earned the right to rest. If it is as you say, and when you die there is no place for you, then you shall have a great deal of rest in front of you," Mittere said. "I am only only so adamant about it because I wish to see what is best for you, even if I cannot force it upon you." It seemed to genuine, to some degree at the least. She could not grasp being that old, so she was forced into just comparing to her own age. “Many years have passed since I proclaimed my independence.  I think it is wonderful to know that I could be something more than what I dreamed. Far beyond what I set out for.” Mittere looked to the wings on her back. "That was only possible because I did not abandon the duties I had given myself. Even if most of my people were not in agreement with me, I took the direction that was my own. I could never suffer under leadership I disagree with.”

"It is in how I read it," Mittere explained, nodding towards the ground. "I know two translations that exist, both are laden with a level of amusement  The first is 'well done', which is a heartwarming acknowledgment of efforts thus far. An alternate interpretation would be harder to describe. It is archaic expression for inexplicable joy. Specifically, it is used to describe happiness earned after hardship. They both seem to suggest things will get better ahead, which, if you would pardon my cynicism, an unlikely happening at this moment."  She shook her head and lowered her hoof. She’d likely wasted their time with that, or made them worry that it was more important than it actually was. “Shall we see if there really are any clear skies ahead?”
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 12:40 am

Simple could still be effective in Sugary's mind, and so he'd once again launch yet another powerful shot, though this time aiming at the ground next to her to make debris fly around along with the explosion if it hit... And immediately followed it up by conjuring a wide and high wall of water around him as he charged ahead while it encircled him like a whirlpool. He never lost focus over Luna and her spell though, nor did he show any signs of stopping his assault soon. He still had enough left over to fight with. While the water might seem to be nothing but a fast spinning torrent, he still held exquisite control over every ripple it had to his command. He was ready to use it as he pleased for any situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]
Page 20 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next