OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 1:18 am

Fearful chuckled, and shook his head, scratching Rain behind the ears, to which she giggled happily. "You misunderstand Mittere. I asked you not to call her a bitch, but I never said she wasn't one." Fearful also had taken Sugary's advice, and he smiled gently. "When this is over Mr Market, I assure you you will have you chance to take your anger out on me."

Fearful listened as the group began to talk again, only sparing Luna a glance, nothing more. "Mittere never had me convinced. My prior self perhaps, but I am not so easily deceived. I would like to hear the history between you two at some point, though now is not the time."

As they teleported, he blinked, shaking his head in an attempt to clear it. Fearful's squad were in a similar state, the spell having affected their undead bodies slightly differently. However, as soon as Celestia mentioned ponies in danger, they snapped to attention, forming up around him. His eyes drained of emotion, and he bowed his head for a moment, the helmet of his armour snapping closed around his head. "Squad, scout the area, and don't risk yourselves yet. Get me information, ASAP."

The vamponies nodded and vanished, each one leaping from the scene of teleportation outwards. Fearful stood completely still, curious to watch the other's movements.

"Hmmm~ I think I will. I am glad I met you... you're far more wonderful than most stallions out there." She purred, cuddling into his chest. "Just remember you don't need to act around me... I prefer you natural."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 11:12 pm

Hearing Luna speak about trust issues with Summer would of course cause doubt in Sugary's mind on whether or not he had made the right choice in following her in the first place. Then again, the history of the alicorns was a very long one, and for all he knew, much may have changed for each of them over time. All he knew was that there seemed to be some effort to cooperate for a change, and that was a good thing in his eyes.

Getting teleported with Celestia's magic was a different and yet similar kind of rush as he felt when it came to Summer's magic, but it seemed the new location they were sent in was warped in a different way, or at least it felt that way to him. It took him a moment to get his bearings proper in the new ambience, but by the time he was good and ready, One had sent his troops about.

While the idea that there might be trouble elsewhere was a cause for him to move as any, he was skeptical about suddenly trusting Celestia entirely, so he opted for a compromising approach as he looked at Summer. "Madam, unless you want me to stay, I'll go join the search party. If there is something ahead, we just might get the answers we all want."

He then looked and addressed Blade. "Sir Blade... Care to join me for patrol? No telling what One's vampiric troops might find. May as well vary the workforce." What he meant was to be thorough with the search. Something didn't feel right to him, and for all he knew, the vampiric traits of One's forces may or may not might be subject to a different detrimental effect in this place. That, and he wanted a chance to try and keep things civil with the young Guard.

He was ready to move straight towards the direction they were prompted to go with Blade, but if he had other ideas, and/or Summer didn't stop him, he'd just gallop on straight ahead on his own and try to search for signs of life, friendly or otherwise...
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 11:33 pm

Blade felt a little insulted from the fact One had called Rain a bitch, especially with how she served him. Somepony like that should never be called a bitch from the person they were following. He grimaced as he realized he took a comment that was probably meant to be funny to being an insult. The stallion luckily had a chance to relieve his mind of his anger from one subject to another. Now, Diurane wouldn't say about how he would pull off such a spell and even sayng that they couldn't understand if he had told. Blade took that comment as an insult, but decided against saying anything once again.

The stallion did smile slightly about the Lunar Princess in saying that she trusted him and One, but knew that he hadn't done anything to really deserve it. All he had done was give Celestia an early warning of what was about to happen. There was nothing that he had done that day that had changed anything that would have happened. He just along for the ride, he guessed. It hurt feeling so useless, reminding him of the time where his uselessness had been the cause of something terrible. This feeling had also been felt earlier that day at the checkpoint and had been spared another loss. He looked over the others with a tired gaze before his ears perked up from Celestia's announcement. He turned his head towards the flash and would look around for while to get adjusted to his new surroundings.

Something felt wrong about the place. The vamponies reaction to jump caught his eye briefly and thought briefly about magic being a weakness against the creatures. Blade instantly scolded himself for thinking of a way to take down their allies, his gaze now focused on the ground. Were they actually his allies?

No.

If he had to even ask then he already had his answer. Fearful had his own agenda and would act on it with however he wanted, his soldiers would follow without question. Blade knew that if One or any Vampony went against Equestria after this crisis was over then they would need to know any weakness that race possessed though he guessed a few story books bit be true as well. The guard doubted it.

His returned to reality as Sugary spoke to him. The stallion smiled softly as he was called "Sir" and finally realized that the Vampony soldiers had left while he was thinking. His eyes shifted to the stallion as Sugary started to move away from him and paused for a moment as he glanced over to Celestia. He waited for some sign of approval from the alicorn before he continued, probably having to gallop to catch up with Sugary if Celestia allowed him to.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Mittere nodded as Sugary asked for permission to leave her side.  It made her feel good being reminded that his job was her, but it would  be better for him to wander a little. She was sure all of them that remained, only the alicorns, their guards and Diurnae could have some marvellously soporific conversation. She wasn’t in the mood to talk to any of those ponies anyway. She was feeling tired and damn grouchy. The only thing she wanted to do was to cuddle with Sugary, or to chew out a certain vampony, both  would be rather cathartic. She ultimately did neither, and just shot Celestia a look of measured contempt. It wasn't over between them, that eased her and gave her motivation.

She also never stopped work compiling problems with one. Somepony scratching behind her ears like that, Mittere knew her pride wouldn't be able to stand such a thing. She also saw there was a great amount of bravado in the way his soldiers operated. The hallmark of insecurity. Heh. She felt slightly better already. Maybe constructing enemies needlessly could have been her cutie mark? it made her feel good and she was great at it.

Celestia or Luna gave no objections to Blade's rather visible disiere go move out, oddly with the armoured stallion Mittere had brought with her. What kind of relationship they had was unknown to her. Mittere still had the ability to cause a fuss, the effects of which were felt the moment she entered Canterlot. The fact she could get pony who looked not to come cheap to stand beside her so loyally against odds not in her favor was why she had never been discredited as a rival as long as she remained in Celestia’s mind.

"Instruct them to avoid contact with the settlement if you would please, Fearful," Luna instructed, turning her head to examine him in armor. It’d be easy to think no time had passed at all from looking at him. "It would be most helpful to make a good first impression rather than making them scared. While I may know they can be urbane, the locals may not."

"So I ask again Celestia, where are we?" Mittere asked. It was a rather flat delivery.

"Well, I..." Celestia was honestly not sure. She was nervous and surprised and it showed in how easily noticeably taken aback her voice was.

"Is that a "I do not know"?" Mittere had some clue, but she was going to hold off until she was sure.

"I casted the spell correctly."

"I can testify for my sister,” Luna said. “Perhaps you should take issues with the ponies who made the spell. That was a long time ago now, though I hear you rather adept at clinging to the past, so that should be no issue to you.” Luna was certainly the sister who reciprocated Mittere’s feelings the most, even though they had spent the least time together. Mittere’s greater issue was no with her, but you did not just make one of them your enemy.

“As can I,” Diurnae said. His face crumpled a little as he reached to try and explain how he knew.  “It called to a little piece inside of me.”

Mitttere was beginning to wonder which side her grandson was on, but she trusted him and dropped the issue. “I am sorry, but I was taking the path with the most evidence.” ‘I am not sorry, but..’ was just her being polite in saying ‘I am not sorry, and...’  

As the soldiers searched they found nothing.Despite the somewhat disturbed state of the immediate area, the biggest danger they could find was catching a hoof and tipping over a tree stump or startle an animal too much, but both were easily avoidable by everypony. There was still a overhanging feeling of wrongness, but if danger was waiting, it wasn't showing itself so easily. It was possible Celestia had just made a mistake, that would please Mittere very much.

Zephyr laughed at the comment about preferring him natural. “If you say so,” He began to stroke behind her ears as he ran a hoof through her mane, Cats liked that kind of thing. He kept it up for a little while until something brought him from his train of thought which had wandered off of the tracks while they embraced. “Alright, time to let go Isabelle,” he said softly, giving one last scratch behind the ear. “I’m hungry. I’m not used to being active so early.”
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:45 pm

As if sensing Blade's distate, Fearful turned to face him, a promise to explain hidden behind his faceplate. Instead, he merely sighed quietly and turned back to face the direction of the village. He did not answer Luna, not even moving as she spoke. "Withdraw," was the only word that left his lips, barely audible.

However, this whisper was heard by each member of his guard, and as one, they turned and retreated, moving to his side. One by one they reported that there was nothing to report, Fearful quietly listening. Rain bowed, her eyes lowered. "I am sorry Lord... I know not if our senses are being confounded..."

He considered Celestia's words carefully, weighing up each syllable as she spoke. Upon hearing her admit that she did not know where they were, he sighed gently, before facing his troops. "Go home. Your families need you far more than I." If Rain or any of the other guards had objections, they did not voice them as they nodded quietly, running away from the group at high speed

"Luna." He spoke suddenly, turning to face the midnight-blue mare. "I need you to shut up. Now." He stated, stepping forward. "Though it is rather hypocritical of me, I must insist we forget the past, and instead face this new foe that has risen."

Isabelle blushed as she felt Zephyr start to scratch her behind the ears, her body curling up as she purred in sudden excitement. "Time to go?" She whined, head cocked in demand for more scratching. "Didn't you just eat?" She asked, looking at the plate the guard had brought in. She purred again as he gave her a final scratch, not wishing to move from the bed.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 2:40 pm

The stallion quickly rushed after Sugary and missed a few things from the Princesses about where the spell had taken them. He hadn't questioned since he guessed that they were someplace that neither Princess didn't know about because if they had why were they scouting out the area? Also, no one seemed to be tense and on guard as if they were expecting an attack. The feeling Blade had gotten was that they were in an explored area with and had no idea about what they might face. For that Blade looked over the area a bit uneasily, totally missing the look Fearful gave since he spent a small effort not to look at them.

His armor clanged a bit was he glomped to close the distance between him and Sugary. He didn't find anything besides maybe an animal or two, but nothing to really worry about. If there wasn't anything to worry about then what was with this feeling? It felt like something wrong had happened and not too long ago. So, what could have been the cause of the feeling. Blade grew uneasy as he hopefully, finally caught up with Sugary. "Mind if I state the obvious?" He asked as he kept pace with Sugary for a bit, following the stallion's movements.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Sugary somewhat noticed the retreat and regrouping of One's forces, but was unsure as to the reason behind it. Nonetheless, he had gone out to make his own search and attempt to locate signs of life, or any particularly strong distortion coming from any specific direction. Since Blade had accompanied him, he considered for a way to make the most of their combined efforts. "If you're gonna state something, may as well say it, even if it seems obvious. But, I'd like you to help me with something in the meantime..." He bent his knees so as to try and be at roughly the same head height as his companion as he lit his horn in preparation for a spell while moving it close to Blade's own. "... I'm assuming you can feel what you touch with your magic, right? I'm going to try and use a Scan spell, and I want you to help me increase the range and focus. Can you do that?" In a way, he was going to attempt a sweeping Scan as though he were a living radar for life or stronger distortions with the aid of Blade if he was able to assist as intended, otherwise he'd just try his best on his own.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 9:11 pm

Blade was tempted to speak about how this place made him feel as if he was being watched instead he kept silent for a bit. He knew that a Scan would help things greatly, but with the uneasy feeling he was having he didn't feel comfortable with casting a spell, especially one where he would have to close his eyes. He knew about the Scan spell and could cast it himself though was out of practice with it from not ever really needing to use it. "Well...." Blade glanced around a few times as he tried to spot something questionable, but ultimately not finding anything. The guard sighed. "Well a quick scan won't hurt." He said as he looked around. His horn lite in a green glow. "Though I'm going to ask if you mind if put up a barrier around us. I'd rather not have something attack us while we do this spell."

After, Blade said that he created a small orb of energy at the tip of his horn which would raise up a bit a few feet before Blade started to shift its shape. It flattened out and curved slightly downwards where it slowly moved to the ground. Once, the shifting was finished the two ponies were contained in a dome about 10 ft in all direction and wouldn't mess with the Scan spell. "Alright that's better." He muttered to himself before moving his horn over to Sugary. "You can start us off." He said as he gave a weak laugh
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 9:23 pm

"Will do... Now pay attention..."He, unlike with Summer before, would attempt to link his magic with Blade's rather than with him directly to begin borrowing his own for the scan exending well past the shield that had been made around the two. Waving it from side to side through fallen trees and soil, he kept his eyes open, but his mind well and truly focused for anything resembling something significant for as far ahead as he could take the spell. "You feel anything at all, let me know..." He then thought to himself. "There has to be something here... This place does not feel normal at all..."
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 10:32 pm

"Families?" Mittere asked curiously, stepping towards One, wrapping a leg around him and leaning closely to the helmet of his armor. "What family can an undead keep? One,” she paused, giving a small sigh and shaking her head. “Fearful, does that make you an exception among your kind? It must not be easy. You have spoiled things with your lover, living so long past it, and yet it was never your choice. You still watch over your own though, and they still return that in grateful loyalty. Though there are issues Mr Market may take with you, they are also some of your strengths. It takes an arrogance to live as long as you and still hold your head high. Ponies are not meant for immortality, those that can handle such a thing are few in number. The more that I think, the more I come to the conclusion that..." She moved herself even closer, talking to his ears only. "We're not too different, you know?"

Luna grumbled, troubled by what she had heard, as well as what she had not. It made her think. She looked into the forest, searching to see if the two ponies had returned, also hiding her face riddled with thoughtfulness.

"So you're Celestia," Diurnae said, looking up at the mare. She definatly gave the vibe of princess, or that could just be her being flat out tall. "You seem a lot...more graceful in the flesh."

"Thank you," Celestia nodded. "And what is your relationship with Mittere? I doubt it was luck that she happened upon a stallion with just the right lineage.”

“I’m a very great grandson. And as much faith as I’d like to have in my old grandmother, I don’t think she could plan that far ahead. It’s a happy coincidence, one that’s best for use all.”

“All things being hopeful,” Luna said, not moving her head to face the ponies. There was no guarantee they would be successful, but there was no other group of ponies up to taking the risk.  

“My, my, Luna, you can be a most cynical one at times,” Celestia replied.

As the magic mapped the area, the feeling of wrongness was given some credibility. Several things felt like they had presence, but also felt like they were not real. Certain things around them, they felt like constructs,  or as though they were stapled together with a cruel kind of magic. The spell extended more and more, until the real blip that was easily felt by both the stallions. The spell couldn't proceed past that point, and it was as though the magic was being absorbed. This magic absorption was going to make the spell harder and harder to maintain, but the energy may or may not be well spent in trying to find out more about their opponent. Other than the big thing, there was nothing blood thirsty after them. The only nasties were behind the curtain which it would cost to peek through, unless the locals turned against them for whatever reason.

"You always eat more when you're with company, right?" Zephyr said, looking at the mare. He couldn't bring himself to move if she didn't want to. He resumed the ear scratching. "You like that? I might move on to belly rubs or something next.”
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 10:49 pm

"...!? What is-...!?" As soon as Sugary felt that whatever had been detected was actually absorbing the magic constantly, he moved himself away from Blade and continued the stream of detection on his own so as to take the task himself from that point more subtly, but still constantly. "Sir Blade, there is definitely something up ahead! Please, go back and alert the others, I'll try and move closer to... whatever that is." He then made a small and thin tendril of bright light go from his horn onto Blade's armor as if connecting with it like web should he actually do as told. The purpose of it was to keep that active as an improvised rope so as to not get lost from one another even if separated, while the magic held together at least. He'd also start to move towards whatever was further ahead once he got the chance to do so. Danger or not, it was the only clue to finding anything so far.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 12:28 am

Fearful turned to Mittere and chuckled. "On the contrary Mittere, how could the vampires not keep a family? When one is turned," he explained. "They are invited to the Isle of Darkness. There, they are able to mix with the rest of the vampires, at least those who have chosen to go, and most do. The Isle is our home, sitting off the coast of Equestria. Anyway, once there, they are able to meet ponies of all shapes and sizes... and most eventually fall in love. You see, it is infintely easier on the immortal soul if you have someone to share it with."

He chuckled dryly and nodded. "So yes, I am an exception to the rule. I have been spurned by three lovers, each in their own way..." His ear twitched as she whispered the last thing, and he smiled in his helm. "True, we are not disimilar. Unfortunately, you have a rather large advantage in that regard Mittere," he whispered back. "You are an Alicorn... and your heart still beats."

Isabelle giggled and nodded, nipping his neck as he scratched her ears before jumping up and gesturing for him to do the same. "Well then, if that's the case, let's go. What do you wanna get to eat?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:34 pm

Blade felt the strange absorption of the spell and opened his eyes as Sugary started to move away. The guard stopped the spell as Sugary went to continue his own. The stallion didn't know what to think of the absorption outside that there was something else was there with them. He thought that whatever was absorbing like that was weird and not something a unicorn on its should face now his own. "Will do. You just make sure not to get in too close to that thing." He said as the tendril wrapped around him, causing him to step back from the feeling of being trapped. The stallion snorted a little and turned to head back to where they had left the others. He dropped barrier around him and Sugary as he galloped back to the others.

It wasn't his fastest speed, but it was above a jog at least. He kept to the way him and Sugary had been through to hopefully lessen the chance of being attacked. He had also hoped to run into some of One's guards so that they might help Sugary investigate, but he didn't see them and they didn't make their presence known to him. Soon, he would came to the place they ported to and moved start for the royal sisters. He bowed in front of them rather quickly and looked back up at the two. "Me and Sugary have both found something of that absorbs magical energies a little ways from here. So, can we head there now?" He asked as he looked back at the direction of where he had been, obviously wanting to head back. This place didn't feel right and no pony should be on their own in this place, but the stallion waited for the Princesses' response before doing anything just yet.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Sugary going alone was a gallant move, but that was a time that came in every hero's story.

"Mr Market," Summer said, moving next to Sugary, her movements near silent as she planted a firm hoof on his shoulder. "We need to talk about Celestia. Are we to trust her?" She asked, as though the concept was ridiculous. "There have been no obvious signs of falsehood of course, Celestia does not lie in any way that you, nor I will ever be able to discern as a lie. She intimately understands many things about ponies when she does not delude herself. We have been taken to a place for which we do not know by her and there seems to be nothing. It is not her sense of humour to do such things, so I think it is a trap."

"I think you place too much emphasis on a heart that beats. You are very much challenging what it means to be alive by existing," Mittere said, remaining close to Fearful. "Things only have the power they are given. A still heart could be considered an advantage in many ways. A powerful magic I am sure."  

Seeing Blade return meant it was time to get a little more ready. He had run straight to his princesses, which she couldn't get offended at She hadn't been too nice to the stallion. Maybe in another set of circumstances he could have replaced Sugary,  though that was a stretch.

"Let us all head to confront it,” Luna said. She was eager to move. Her first instinct when she heard about the threat had been to fight it, though a small chat with Celestia reminded her that there were humbling forces out in the world.

Mittere nodded to though, sharing Luna’s view. She had put their past behind them, put only as a paddle to push upriver. She disliked the lunar princess, but it was in both their interests.

Celestia nodded herself, stepping forward very slowly. "Please, lead the way Blade. You're doing good work." Celestia was being a little smothering with her praise towards him, but it paid to lay it on thick in tough situations. He was appreciated.

"I shall let you walk with your sweetheart," Mittere said to Fearful. "Even if it means I have to feign niceness with unsavoury company. I am not a bad pony, neither are you. Not too dissimilar," she echoed before moving into a line next to Celestia, letting One walk with Luna. “Hello, Celestia.”

“It’s Mittere now, correct? Not a bad name to choose.”

“You know why I picked it.”

"Well you're certainly eager," Zephyr said rolling lazily off of the bed. "What happened to wanting to stay here?" He asked, brushing himself down. He did notice that although he still felt the need to swear, he was cool a lot faster than before. Must have been some slightly cooler weather for a change.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Sugary flinched in surprised for a moment when Summer grabbed his shoulder armor and spoke to him. "Summer is here already!? Did Sir Blade go back that quickly!?" "I'm... This could be a trap, yes, but this like an awful lot of trouble to got through just for us. Besides, don't you still have half control over the sun? Anyway, there's definitely something up ahead... Are you the only one that's gonna help me?" He would have been glad to have Summer aid him given what he was doing, but there was still the odd entity to deal with, and something about Summer next to him seemed off. He thought it was odd she'd ask him about a trap and trust issues when she practically opposed the Solar Princess in the first place already. Still, he had the tendril of light attached to Blade, and he still cautiously marched on with company.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:44 am

Fearful chuckled lightly and shook his head. "If I were alive... I'm not alive Mittere... I look like it, but really, I believe I am just a soul tied to a corpse. Even my descendants are more alive than I." He smiled at her as she spoke her piece. "As much as I would like to speak with her..." he sighed and smiled. "Perhaps we should send someone ahead though, to make sure Mr Market is alright."

He would shrug regardless, before moving to Luna's side. "Tell me something Luna... was I the cause of your descent? I never did work out whether I was responsible or not." He leaned close to her, his wing sliding something small and metallic between her breastplate and her chest. "Something I never got to give you," he muttered, before smiling. "So, how have you been?"

Isabelle smiled and licked her lips. "I don't particularly care as long as it's fun~" She said with a smile. "And perhaps, as long as you're there~"
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 11:57 am

Blade felt uneasy being thanked for an idea that even he didn't think of. It also felt as if he was being babied. Even if he had come up with the idea he still wouldn't think much of it. In Blade's mind it wasn't something that needed the gratitude of a Princess. The fact Celestia had even thought to thank him for what they found had hit his pride a little, even it being hurt was dumb. He rose with a solem face as most guards did when they stood at attention. But, even with that Mittere's comment about her "niceness" made the stallion smirk a little as he turned around to leave. Blade knew the mare for less than a couple hours and he hadn't seen her "niceness" or a hint of it. The stallion didn't care if that was a short time from what he had seen of Mittere.

He tugged on the tendril around him slightly to tell Sugary they were coming before he started to head back. He trotted back over to the area he had left Sugary. Blade was ready to glomp back to the other unicorn, but he had a group with him now. It still made him feel uneasy to leave him alone in this place and wanted to move faster than he was, but he didn't think that it would be proper to do with the Princesses in company. Also, if Sugary had been in trouble there was going to be a good chance that they would feel it. With that thought in mind Blade focused some of his attention onto a scan spell, the same one he had done with Sugary. His horn lite up as he cast the spell and focused it in the direction of where Sugary was. Blade was sure he would be fine, but still it didn't hurt to check.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 10:56 pm

"A piece given only to be later taken," Summer stated. “That is why we are here, away from any eyes who would judge her. Either way, they are considering their choices, or plotting our demise. I would have thought I could have at least trusted my own family. We can do this together though, just the two of us," she planted a kiss on his armor before moving to a more accelerated pace. "Come. We will save the world together, if nopony else will.” she seemed eager to lead, even if there was no way she should know the direction to go. "Perhaps you should cut that tether. If they wish to be ignorant of the danger, let them," she suggested.  

"There are so many better things we can argue about than semantics, Fearful," Mittere said, before turning her attention to Celestia again. The fake layer in all of her speech was clear, while Celestia seemed as calm as ever. The responses seemed to annoy her slightly, though she suppressed the full extent of her dislike for how the mare could do it effortlessly.

“You do not waste time getting to the heavier conversation, do you?” Luna sighed. “I am...not sure I could tell you what went wrong. I can't say when I crossed the line. It is not until a great deal after that you notice." She looked down, a wing coming around to the front of her chest. "This is not the...Is it?" Luna certainly had an idea as to what this gift was, and it was overdue. “Thank you, I am fine.” her answer was honest, but it was the rehearsed kind of honest, where if one knew a pony well enough became quite transparent.

Blade found some abnormality near Sugary, more power than normal at the least. It could have been he was casting a spell as well, but it felt more like there was another pony with him. It was nothing he could confirm at this point, especially with the overbearing feeling, but something might going wrong near Sugary.

“Perhaps?" Zephyr laughed a little. "That certainly is sweet of you, Isabelle.” He brushed past her lightly on the way to the door. “If that’s how you’re going to be, then maybe, just maybe, I’ll enjoy myself.” he stuck his tongue out at the mare. He wasn't normally one for that kind of a playful gesture, but it seemed to fit.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:27 am

"Luna," Fearful said with a soft sigh. "I may not make it through the encounter with this beast. It is best I move the conversation as quickly as possible." He paused as he talked about her transformation, the smiled at her question. "A thousand years overdue, and filled with my regret that I did not give it to you sooner. That is your wedding ring. I am so sorry I failed to give it to you that day." He smiled gently, rubbing the back of his neck with a hoof. "I know we will never be anything more than friends... But I needed to give this to you."

He blinked and stared at her. "Which means you're not really. I won't pry if you won't tell, but you know I'll always listen Luna."

"I hope you do," she replied, snuggling into his side as they left the room. "I'd hate for you to be bored~"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 8:44 pm

The more Sugary spent time with Summer and listened to her, the more he got the feeling something wasn't right on top of the fact the ambience was still terribly warped, and he still had a catch at the end of his 'hook' that needed to be investigated. "... I can't do that. Whatever their reasons, we're all in this together. I just hope Sir Blade made it back safely... And aren't you being rather harsh on your grandson? He volunteered to help all of us. Ashen and Spring have been supportive... Are you feeling alright?" He simply could not shake off the feeling that he wasn't in the right company, but he was too busy as is to check thoroughly in such a harsh environment. For good measure, he purposely tugged on the string on light attached to Blade firmly in an attempt to get some kind of reaction from the other end. "What the heck is taking them so long!? Isn't this an urgent matter!?"

((By the way, Cho and Pariah, I strongly recommend that Isabelle and Zephyr be left out of the story at this point until needed later on. I don't think its wise to tell two stories at the same time unless they're relevant to one another. This is just to make it easier for the main plot to continue is all. Up to you if you want to leave it as is or follow my advice.))
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 2:56 am

Blade knew that something about this place was off, but what he was sensing now was different from before. Sugary's aura seemed off for some reason. It wasn't like he was casting spell or at least one he was familiar with. Also, hadn't Sugary said that he was going to get closer to it? Then, why did it feel like he had barely moved? The questions worried Blade and he simply wanted to rush back to his side. Yet, if there was something else was around Sugary, then why weren't there more?

The rope around him tugged. Blade froze and pulled back on it. "Princesses' may I ask a favor from you both?" He asked as looked around him as if something was about to jump out. After, one of the sisters answered him he would voice his favor. "May you do a scan spell or something to make sure we are actually alone in this place?" He asked.

He looked back at One for a moment, trying to make sure he didn't show any signs of worry. Blade also grew worried about how the other vamponies hadn't come back yet, still oblivious to the fact that they had left under Fearful's orders.
Back to top Go down
Chowatron

Chowatron

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 8:26 pm

“When you have a grandchild, perhaps then you may understand what it is like to be disappointed in them. I am being as harsh as the pain I felt.,” Summer said, scowling in order to show the ill mood it had placed her. in I know that you think Sir Blade has done nothing wrong, though he made his choice by aligning himself with Celestia. Sever that tether, Mr Market,” she demanded with a small stomp and a gesture that conveyed a great desire to get moving. “We have wasted enough time as is.”  

Luna held her wing out in front of her to look at the ring better. It felt...oddly nice to have it, but something was just wrong about it. The time when it could have been hers had vanished. ”I cannot take this,” she said, lowering her eyes and giving a small shake. “Have it back and keep your hopes alive. To give me this at this moment is to not only admit defeat, but to hasten it. I would have thought you would know something about battle. ‘The first step is to care. While a level head may keep yours level, I have in my time observed that those who care, fight with far more for far longer than those who do not.’” Luna did not expect Fearful to know the book, but it certainly was written in a more interesting time, where more ponies faced circumstances that, to them, were of importance equal to what they were doing now. “If you, or perhaps I do not make it, then I still wish for us to be hopeful to the end. It is amusing, no? How you thought love to be a weakness, and yet it constantly gets the better of you,” she said, wanting to finish on a lighter note.

Both Celestia and Mittere were quick to disengage from a conversation that made neither of the them feel all that comfortable and turned their attention to Blade. “Is something wrong?” Celestia asked. She was plenty willing to comply, even if it was for peace of mind rather than concern for the stallion that had gone ahead. She nodded her head and closed her eyes, still walking and following, relying somewhat on Mittere in order to keep her situational and spatial awareness in the spells infantile stages, which lasted mere moments, which was a disappointment to Mittere, but know how fast the spell was she did not bother trying to mess with her. Mittere did look to Celestia though, with what was almost a small smile as she thought about how vulnerable her nemesis was right now.

“What exactly is it I am searching for?” the princess asked, before something seemed to raise her attention. “Oh. There is Mittere’s loyal stallion. I detect nothing of hostile intention near him or us for that matter.”

“Scared are we, Blade?” Mittere asked with a small smirk before softening her her face. “I can keep you safe.” Although she spoke of being scared to Blade, she was concerned about staying here surrounded all by herself, being stuck with ponies that seemed to trust Celestia so easily. Fearful and Blade were not to blame though, as they were both guards in some form of another, where being a grunt was a remarkably desirable quality. “I suggest we hurry anyway. It would not be the first time today you have made a mistake,” she said to Celestia.
Back to top Go down
The_Pariah

The_Pariah

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 1:39 am

Fearful snorted and shook his head. "I'll take it back on one condition Luna. I will take it back on the condition that you will not die here, that you will live through this and you will see me on the other side..." He paused, a hoof reaching to take the ring. "And a promise that we could try again... I still love you, even if you don't." He smiled, and shook his head. "Because what could is hope if I have nothing to hope for?" He would lean in, his helmet sliding away, and kiss her gently, pulling away with a sad smile. "Just know... I really look forward to that date."

He chuckled and nodded, smiling. "Indeed, a thousand years of foolishness brought me right back where I started. Though, it did bring me to you~"

He turned to face the front, eyes scanning the path. "I can scout ahead if you wish. This... whatever it is blocks most of my vampiric senses... but I can still see."

Last edited by The_Pariah on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 2:36 am

When Blade tugged back on the magic thread, Sugary believed it to be a positive sign that the Guard was likely still alive... and so he then promptly tugged twice on it again, much harder than the first time, as he was becoming increasingly concerned as to why not a single one of the others had come along after asking for back-up, aside from Summer, after he and Blade had gone to scout, scanned and found something, and had requested said back-up to help him look into what he found in the first place. He also thought that, unless the thread of light had broken or was tampered with, there should have been no reason for the others to have trouble following his trail even as he did in fact kept walking ahead to meet with the unknown entity.

As soon as Summer stomped the ground, he would immediately move away from her and stare her down as he had far too many doubts and questions plaguing his very being by now to the point he had to halt his advance any further. "I don't know what the heck has gotten over you, but I will not sever the thread! Why are you so ready to leave the others in a place Celestia brought us into? Why did you decide to be the only one to come with me when I asked for urgent back-up? And where... Where is the flower that I gave you!?"
Back to top Go down
Lightning Shield
Admin
Admin
Lightning Shield

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Blade didn't know how to answer the Princess' question. Things seemed okay, okay as being in a weird forest in the middle of nowhere could get, and that there wasn't anythig really menacing about Sugary's presence. Still something was off, the feeling only increased when One said that his senses had been hindered. The fact that Celestia didn't sense anything should have eased him, but instead he grimaced a little. His worry vanished the moment he heard Mittere talk about keeping him safe. The stallion tensed a little at the words. Her mocking him about being scared hadn't even gotten a real reaction from him, but now it seemed as if she hit a sore spot.

Blade was tempted to say something as he faced the others again, but then Sugary pulled on the rope again. The added force to it made Blade grow more uneasy, his anger fading. He gave a gave a tired sigh. "No, One if we move a little faster we can catch up soon." He had just agreed with Mitrere on something, the fact was a little depressing. Blade would turn and move in a fast trot, edging on a jog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]   In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded] - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In The Kingdom Of Hope [Concluded]
Page 12 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next