OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

The tale of Raining Stars [Private]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:03 am

Moon looks up at the moon. "Huh. That was one of my more quiet shifts. And there are usually dunk vagabonds. Just no tonight because I didn't lead us anywhere near the bars. Shall we go to my place then?" She asks, turning around and began walking. "I don't want us to be in this rain anymore than what we need to be." She reached up a took of her helmet for a moment to shake her mane free of some water. She then put it back on.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Rain Splash chuckles letting his water make a bubble around them, "Then just ask." He said teasingly.

He looked around curiously, "Er... Where to?"
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:39 pm

"My place. I'm sure you're probably tired right now considering most ponies, not including thestrals, would be tired at midnight." Moon lead Rain down the streets, past one bar, and a few cafes that were closed. She lead him over to a small house that had a flower bed in front of the windows. Moon reached into her breastplate to find her keys. Once she found her keys, she proceeded to open the door.

Inside the house was a hallway that lead into other parts of the house, and a staircase that lead up. On one side of the hallway, there was a clock hanging that read it was a little past midnight. In the hallway itself, there was a little desk with a potted plant on it, and a few family pictures. "Welcome to my home. Upstairs and to the right should be the guest bedroom. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." Moon said, smiling to Rain before walking down the hallway, disappearing into one of the rooms.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 6:52 pm

Rain hears the word bed and almost takes off, but managed to nod through the rest of it, when she walks towards the kitchen he zooms up the stairs, literally not touching the steps as he flies into the bedroom, "Oh buck yes.... A bed!" He exclaims as he sets his satchel down near it, staring at it with eyes a mare would slap him for he pounces on it, sighing as he sinks into the soft material.

He giggles like a madman, "Ohohohoho!!! It's so soft!!!" With another giggles he begins lounging on it happily. Letting out a squee, "It's been so long since I've been on one of YOU!"

Leaving only his flask on, he sprawls out onto it happily resting his eyes, staying awake of course. But simply calming down.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:32 am

Moon grabbed a few supplies to make herself a sandwich. She grabbed a plate and put two slices of bread on it, putting some lettuce, tomatoes, and other none meat sandwich stuff. She picked up her plate and walked over to the table, sitting down and biting into her sandwich. Her ears flicked a little at the sound of Rain giggling. She wondered what she can do now considering that it was still early for her to go to sleep.

She quickly finished her sandwich and walked up stairs to her bedroom. She flopped down on the bed and looked over at the nightstand that had a book laying on top of it. She grabbed the book, and the pen right next to it, and opened it. She started to write something in it, a smile slowly appearing on her face.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 1:30 am

((Majula theme.))

Hearing a few small noises downstairs Rain simply thought she was eating something. Being back from work tends to make ponies a bit hungry. Relaxing on his bed he tensed as he heard hoof steps up the stairs. Relaxing as he saw through the slightly ajar door that it was only her, going into what appeared to be her room, however she didn't close her door, much to Rain's amusement as she flopped onto her bed. Maybe she was tired? No. She just grabbed a book, but she is writing in it, a diary perhaps?

In any case, he watched her begin to write, a smile on her face, shrugging he rolled on his bed, for its impolite to stare at other ponies. He knew he couldn't sleep yet. For it would be rude to do so without properly thanking her, plus. This bed was really swaying his opinion. Looking slowly at his bag of bits an idea came to mind, he got up whining softly as he left the comfort of the bed.

He grabs his bits and balanced it on his back, wandering over to her open door he knocked on it getting her attention, "Uh, well you see my next job isn't for a while now. And since I'll have no where to go, I was wondering if I could stay here with you!" Blushing softly at what he had said he tried correcting himself, "Er, I mean in the guest room. But in the house with... Uhh..." He trailed off as he set the bag of bits next to him, clearing his throat nervously he tried once more, "W-would this cover rent?"
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:04 am

Moon looked up at Rain. She listened to what he had to say before opening her mouth, dropping her pen in the progress, and said to Rain, "I'm being nice right now, Rain. I let you stay in my house tonight for free, so what makes to so sure I would ask for pay if you choose to stay a little more. My job as a night guard and a mechanic has it covered. Keep you bits and spend them on something more worthy of bit spending." She closed the book she was reading and put it on her bedside desk.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:11 am

Did... Did he hear her correctly? He flops down into his flank, free?! No, no free just isn't normal, not in Canterlot, barely anywhere!

He said then one of the most intelligent things he had all night, "Uhhhhhmmhmmmphaaa?" With that he slowly grabbed his bits and walked slowly back to his room, lost in thought.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:25 am

Moon looked at Rain as her left her room. One of her ears flopped to the side of her head, as she gave him a curious look. "Uhh...See you in the morning, I guess." She gave him a little wave, then went back to writing in her book. She thought Rain was...funny, and really nice. She noticed he was blushing earlier and was wondering what that was all about.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:36 pm

Rain Splash was far from sleeping, he had covered his hooves in the Flask's water, silencing his pacing. She's generous, she's attractive, she's funny, and she hasn't slapped him yet! With a grin he stop pacing and began meditating, calming himself was always hard to do for him.

Muttering to himself a bit louder than he should have, "She's different... I actually like her." She wasn't the average wench at bars, or pretty mare that just needed anything sultry. She was her, and he liked her.

After coming to his conclusions his meditating hadn't helped at all, he payed down with wings flared, grumbling as he pulled the blanket over them, pulling the, back into place.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Moon's ears flicked a little as she heard Rain muttering to himself. A small blush formed as she listened to him. "He...likes me..." She quietly whispered to herself. She flew off of her bed to close the door, then over to her closet where she quickly took off her armor. Once she was done she walked over to a little bookshelf in the corner of her room. "Let's see...where is it. Aha!" She said a bit louder then what she meant to. She put a hoof over her mouth as her wing went over to take one book out. She flipped through the book quickly and found the page she needed. "In the morning..." She closed the book and flopped back onto the bed. She set her clock to the early morning, before looking around her empty room.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 3:59 pm

Hearing a noise he sprang out of bed, still dazed in sleep he flung his door open and trotted down stairs, looking around, pushing the water out of his flask he scanned the area before slowly bringing a hoof to his face, "I think I'm sleep deprived... I'm imagining things now." He called out to Moon, "False alarm! Thought I heard something."

Walking back up the stairs sleepily he opened the door to his room, keeping it open he say down, calmly breathing in and out as the water seemed to contrast and expand, it slowly formed a bubble around him. A thin film of water surrounded his spot on the floor, when he breathed out again he could see his own breath, for the water began cooling turning rapidly into ice as the water's thickness increased. Stunned at this he stated the obvious, "I'm in a bubble."

Pausing as a few ideas came to mind on how to utilize this idea, he simply grinned, "Well those are some good ideas... Hmmm." He laughed a bit more evilly than intended.

He breathed in then out again, melting the ice as a band of water surrounded him, soon enough he looked like an atom. Three bans of water surrounded him the middle one being made of ice, as a mixture of ice and water orbs floated around him. His concentration never faltered.

A cat meowed near the window, he tensed, noticing all the ice instantly became covered in large spikes, while the water turned as flat as a blade, he frowned, "That's interesting, very interesting." Calming down the ware did as well, becoming irritated he growled at it, "All these years and NOW you choose to have a conscience?"

The water rippled slightly, he pushed it back into the flask angrily. Getting up he sighed placing his knife on the bedside table, "All the jobs for you Rapier." With a weak smile he lays on his bed, slowly drifting to sleep, not bothering with the covers, he was too tired to care, and he never minded the cold.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 1:04 am

Moon poked her head into the hallway when Rain had said something about a false alarm. She watched as he went back into his room. "Was he just...looking in my house to see if there was an intruder...And interesting pony..." She muttered to herself, looking into his room. She turned and walked back into her own room, closing the door behind her. She flopped onto her bed and closed her eyes. She soon drifted off to sleep

In the early morning, Moon's alarm clock rang right next to her ear making her jump and fall off the bed. She quickly turned off the clock and waited backing sure Rain didn't wake up. Once she was sure he wasn't awake she made her way quietly down stairs into the kitchen. She was going to make Rain even more surprised then how much he was last night.

Opening a cabinet, she pulled out a pan and a box of haycake mix. She put the pan down on the stove and began making the haycake mix into batter. She used a giant spoon to mix up the ingredients and make some time sorbet...that's not right. She shrugged off the random words that popped into her head.

She turned on the stove and poured some batter into the pan and waited. She used one of her wings to hold the handle of the pan, flipping the haycakes every so often. She grabbed a plate and put it on the table, flipping the finished haycake into it. She then proceeded to make haycakes for both her and Rain, a smile on her face as she made haycakes.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 1:46 am

Rain was woken with a freezing bucket of water. He sputtered and fumbled out of the bed stifling curses, by jamming a hoof in his mouth, "MMMMPH!!!" He angrily looked around for the culprit only to find no one. The water however slowly pulled itself out of his fur, and slowly drew itself back into...

"WHY??" He wailed silently within the confines of his room. Well, shower he guessed.

Muttering and glaring at his flask he strapped it to his side and said, "Behave!"

Leaving the rest of his things in his room he opened the door only to smell... His eyes zoned out, his mouth slowly dropped open, as his mind registered the scent over and over again. The same succulent food he was served as a child. On his birthday, coming from his abusive parents it was such a godsend on his birthday to have this one special moment with his family, the only day of the year he ever truly enjoyed, inhaling deeper more memories flowed into him, how they put little candles in the sweetened haycakes. How he would eat a full stack when his best friend came over he'd always split the stack evenly, no matter what. They would talk and eat the food that was worth it's weight in gold to his memories, then his mother would give him ten bits to spend as he pleased. Which he also shared with his friend, always half. It was tradition, the same for his birthday as well. Inhaling just a tad more of the scent of the airborne memories he closed his eyes....

"C'mon Rapier! We'll be late!" He giggles to his best friend, who trotted after him.

"Bet ya missed me?" He asked innocently taking a pose.

He booped his nose and ran towards his friends house, the Gypsy. She had to live on the edge of town, or the locals would have a big fit and throw things at her. But that never bothered her. We burst into the house excitedly.

"Mama!" Rapier said as he flung himself into her arms. She laughed and held him closely, "Nice to see you too my son." She turned with a glint of fire that never seemed to go away in her eyes, "Oh what's so special about today? You seem ready to explode!"

"It's my birthday!" He exclaimed laughing.

She frowned, "Oh don't be silly! I would have remembered if it was your," she paused looking at his heartbroken eyes, "Oh of course it is!" To which Rain Splash jumped in joy, "Didja get me anything?" He asked, colts will be colts.

She nodded turning serious, turning around she took a large looking silver lined flask. And hoofed it to him, it fit like a one sided satchel for his size. He smiled and looked up determined, a spark that would stay with him for the rest of his life... He looked at it suspiciously, "What's it do?" He asked curiously as he looked at it, as he did so a light blue symbol on the side began burning brightly, as a spear of mental power pierced his mind, latching itself to his head, a connection that will last the rest of his life.

"OW!" He yelled as he reeled back, instantly spikes of water flowed out of the uncapped flask, making blades all around the child, "My head hurts..." He mumbled as he wiped his eyes.

By the time he had looked up the memory began fading...

He jumped slightly about to tip over in the middle of the hallway, he sniffled softly and recomposed himself, wiping his eyes he walked down the stairs and saw Moon cooking the haycakes, "Oh! My favorite!" He said simply, hiding the pain was always the easiest, saved time, just a distraction, he eagerly walked over to her smelling again. Phasing out slowly... He mentally slapped himself, "Need any help?" He asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 3:45 am

Moon yelped in fright when Rain asked her if she needed any help. Her wing had been holding the pan, which flung the haycake it was cooking into the air. It landed on Rain's head with a little splat. "Oops. So sorry, Rain. Let me get you some papers to clean up." She put the pan down on the stove and turned it off, before flying across the kitchen to get a few napkins for Rain. She trotted back over to him and gave him a few, helping clean as well.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:41 pm

Going cross-eyed at the haycake on his head he laughed, "No need." He was ABOUT to use the flask when the water all by itself enveloped the haycake and placed it on the plate, keeping it from getting wet.

"That's getting annoying you bucket of water..." He mumbles softly as he walks towards Moon, "It's fine, I'll try not to be as eh... Sneaky next time. Deal?" He raised an amused eyebrow. Picking a piece of haycake out of his hair.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 3:39 pm

"Heh. Deal." Moon gave him a smile, brushing a few haycake bits off of his mane. "Well, I think that's enough haycakes for now. Come and sit down." She gestured with one of her wings to one of the chairs tucked under the table. She moved to sit in of the the chairs herself. She grabbed the bottle of maple syrup and poured some on her haycake stake. She then picked up a knife and cut into her haycake stake, using a fork to pick up the pieces and eating it.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 4:01 pm

Nodding he sits down and begins eating himself, absolutely horrible at small talk he does the obvious, "Er... So... How's life?" Asking as he ate more of his haycake, screaming inwardly of glee of the very well made haycakes, eating with a bit more vigor as he woke up more he poured some maple syrup on them with a bit of butter and began working on the second half of his first haycake.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:44 pm

"Surprising to say the least. I'm actually surprised I didn't burn the haycakes. I'm a terrible cook when it comes to these things." Moon said, eating more of her own haycakes. She had to give it to herself, these haycakes were good. "So, what do you plan of doing today? I might be taking a small nap before my shift starts at the night. I usually don't wake up around this time."
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:01 am

Rain Splash frowned, he literally had nothing to do today, his normal days were usually hanging around bars, or asking his contacts if they had any jobs.

... Or getting his flank kicked, or kicking flank.

An idea came to mind as he smiled, "Hmmm, if at all possible I think I'll just stay here, I don't usually have "days off" so to speak, since my life is my work." He finished his first haycake and moved on to the second succulent morsle.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:22 am

"I suppose you can stay if you want. Oh! And before I forget," Moon stood up and walked out of the room. She walked back in the room a few minute later, something hanging from a thin rope around her neck. She took the rope and took off of, giving it to Rain. "That is for you for if you do actually choose to leave for a few minutes." The thing that was attached to the thine rope was a key. Moon sat back down and continued eating her haycakes. She finished her first haycake and moved on to her second.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:32 pm

"Ah!" He exclaims, "I suppose that is a good idea." He took the key and placed it around his neck. Finishing his haycakes he stood up and began washing his plate off, whether she liked it or not he would clean off his own plate, he wasn't that helpless.
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:32 am

Moon also finished her haycakes. A smile spread across her mouth as she saw Rain cleaning his plate. "You know I could have done that, but since you're already at it..." She trailed off, walking her plate over to Rain and giving it to him. "Might as well clean my plate too." She giggled a little bit before walking out of the kitchen and back upstairs to her room.
Back to top Go down
Rayne

Rayne

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 12:37 am

He grinned as soon as she went upstairs, "Finally..." His let his flask break loose and scrub every pot and pan in the sink, all the dirty dishes were carried to their respective shelves and/or cupboards. This all took less than four minutes, ((sadly not even he could do it in ten seconds flat...)) as he sat innocently looking around. After a bit of zoning out the water smacked him upside the head, "OW!" He yelped as he rubbed his head crossly, the water retreating to its flask, "You'd better run..."

He calmly waited for Moon to go to work so he could start phase two...
Back to top Go down
Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:14 am

Moon laid on her bed, forgetting what she had originally gotten up early for. She was sure it was just to make haycakes, but she figured she would remember later. She snuggled into her bed to get some more sleep, before her shift. She set her clock to roughly twenty minutes before her shift, before closing her eyes and sleeping.

When her alarm clock finally rang at twenty minutes before ten, Moon slammed her hoof on the clock and got up. She walked over to her closet where she opened it and started to put her armor on. Once that was done she strapped her sword to her side and hanging her binoculars around her neck. She quickly walked over to her door and looked at Rain's room. "I'll be off for my shift now Rain. Be back by midnight and if you need anything, I'll be stationed at the front gates of the castle."

She made her way down the stairs and out the door. She looked at the moon and stars as she made her way over to Canterlot Castle. She hoped it would rain on her today. She never liked it when she is stationed at the front gates and it would start raining. "Bah. That better not happen. Hmm...I wonder who's the guard stationed with me..." She muttered to herself as she made her way to the castle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The tale of Raining Stars [Private]   The tale of Raining Stars [Private] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The tale of Raining Stars [Private]
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next