OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Thundershock

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sif

Sif

Thundershock - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 6:02 pm

North sighs, his eyes darting upwards for a moment before returning his attention to his superior. "I didn't make the decision, ma'am. If you want to know that you'll have to ask the jury, ma'am." His tone would sound disinterested, but still formal.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 6:09 pm

"I saw that." she said, referring to his little eye roll, and glared at him. "And the jury? The jury decided to let her off? A single judge I might buy, but the entire jury decided that she should make off with our wood, our food, our ponies for her crew, and-" As she went on, her voice rose and her face formed more and more of a snarl. She stomped the cobblestone. She looked at Fantasy again, opened her mouth, closed it, then turned back to North. "I don't suppose you listened to any of what was said, so that you might explain to me why they thought she should be let off like this?" she growled.

Silently, Fantasy wondered why it was any of her business, although she expected the mare would get an answer from somepony either way, so didn't see a point in making a fuss.
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 6:20 pm

North would sigh again before speaking, slightly faster than before, clearly a bit irritated.  "She said she just wants to get home, nothing more, nothing less, ma'am.  She was able to convince the jury of this and they agreed to give her the bare minimum to get her home, wherever that is."  

North would go silent for a moment before continuing.  "It doesn't take anything away from us and it even allows us to get rid of some of the criminals we've got lying around, ma'am."
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 6:45 pm

The mare grunted. "...I suppose that's acceptable. Especially if we have somewhere to send the criminals, if we aren't feeding them to Thunderbird... for whatever reason." Then she grumbled, just loud enough for North to hear but Fantasy to miss, "I swear we're growing too soft. If this downward trend continues we're gonna see our grandfillies pushed around by unicorns and earth ponies. Earth ponies!"

She turned, about to leave, but stopped as she appeared to have more to say. "She's cute." she commented, nodding in Fantasy's direction again. Then she grabbed North by the scruff of his neck and yanked him forward so that her death glare was the only thing he could see. "Don't let that trick you into forgetting what she is." she growled. "If you fall for a cute smile or a crocodile tear and become sympathetic to her, I will slit your treacherous throat myself." She let him go, basically shoved him away, and walked off.

Fantasy gave North a concerned look, as if to say 'that's your boss?' Also a bit of 'you don't really believe what she's saying about me, right?'
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 7:31 pm

North would grunt as he's pulled forward, coughing lightly from the grip. He'd remain completely quiet as she threatens him, his expression showing a hint of fear. Once she lets go and begins to walk off he'd give her a short, half-hearted salute before rolling his head, cracking his neck slightly. He'd turn towards Fantasy, hanging his head a bit. "She was actually nicer than usual. Didn't once mention the fact that I'm... well..." He'd motion towards his bare flank. "I must say, even if you are an outsider, you're higher on my list than she is."

He'd seem to become nervous after realizing what he said, coughing awkwardly. "Uhh, don't tell her I said that."
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Fantasy giggled and made a "mouth zipped" motion with her hoof. She glanced at North's flank, and looked like she wanted to say something supportive, but... muzzle. She looked down at it, then apologetically at North, then looked somewhere else.

The rest of the day was uneventful. Passing unicorns and pegasi stared. Some of them muttered to each other or just openly stated what they thought of Fantasy (none of them said anything about North to his face, though); there were questions like "what is it doing there?", "how did she get into Pegasopolis?", "are all outsiders so ugly?", and comments about her skinniness, ugly "earth pony" colors, and her probably feral nature (which Fantasy strongly suspected were influenced by the leash, muzzle, magic inhibitor, and her current less-than-pristine appearance).

The comments about North, on the other hoof, were rather one-note. Some ponies (mostly other pegasi) simply referred to him as "the blank flank pegasus". Others went further and questioned his combat ability and intelligence in whispers, fabricated flaws about his armor, and even speculated on possible earth pony lineage. None of these comments sounded like new ideas.

The sun set. Most of the pegasi and unicorns left, and more earth ponies came in to do maintenance on the park. Fantasy watched the sky change from twilight to starry night, thinking about Celestia and Luna, and a good half hour of this later a question popped into her head.

Fantasy hummed to North, and pointed in what she assumed was the moon's general direction (at this hour, Pegasopolis would be too high up for most to actually see it), then hummed "'Oo-nhh?", trying to ask if they knew about Princess Luna with no jaw freedom and limited tongue and lip movement. "Pr'n'ss 'Oon'h?"
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:04 pm

North would spend the day continuing to be quiet, keeping his attention on the other ponies and Fantasy. He'd throw rather angry looks at the ponies who referred to him as 'blank flank' and who questioned his judgement. He even, interestingly, threw similar looks at some of the meaner comments directed towards Fantasy.
As the sun began to set and the park became clearer and quieter, North breathed a sigh of relief. He'd perk up, turning to look at Fantasy as she hummed. He'd follow her hooves to see what she was trying to refer to and leaned in to listen closely at what she was trying to say. "Princess... Oonah? What are you trying to say? Are you meaning my Superior? Not sure what she'd have to do with the moon... He'd rub his head with a forehoof in confusion.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:10 pm

Fantasy shook her head. She moved off the cobblestone path to a patch of dirt, where she spelled out "Princess Luna" in the dirt. Then she wrote "Princess Celestia", in case this city wasn't old enough to know of Princess Luna.
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:16 pm

North moved in closer to see what she was writing, reading it aloud. "Princess... Luna? Princess Celestia? I've never heard of them before. Only princess I deal with is..." He'd groan lightly. "Well, you met her. Never heard of these two before... Are they from a story?"
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:20 pm

Fantasy's eyes went wide and she shook her head rapidly. She got up to go grab a stick, but stumbled and coughed as her leash held her back. She pointed at a stick some distance away, dancing in place and silently but insistently asking North to get it for her.
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:36 pm

North glanced between the stick and her. He looked around as if making sure no one was watching before quickly trotting over and picking it up with his mouth. He'd trot over to Fantasy and drop it near her. He'd seem to be eagerly wanting to see what she wants 'say'.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:44 pm

Fantasy quickly placed the stick between her hooves, a rather awkward hold but she only needed enough of a grip for simple drawing. She placed the sharper end of the stick in the dirt and got started, drawing two squarish bodies first, then pointy legs, wings, flowing tails and manes, and horns. Fantasy realized that she hadn't really drawn a size difference between the two, but what concerned her more was that she hadn't left room to try to draw their cutie marks; she drew them next to the respective pony instead.

She labelled the roughly-drawn alicorn with the dots in her mane and the crescent moon next to her butt "Luna". She labelled an equally-roughly-drawn alicorn with a stylized sun next to her butt "Celestia". Then below them both, she wrote "raises sun" and "raises moon" respectively.
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:52 pm

North would watch intently as Fantasy draws, occasionally looking up to make sure nopony was around.    After Fantasy finished the rough pictures of the princesses his mouth would open and he'd tilt his head.  "What kind of ponies are these..."  He'd only get more and more confused as Fantasy continues, recoiling a bit once she writes 'raises sun' and 'raises moon.'  "They... raise the sun and the moon?  That's impossible!  These must be something from a fairy tale!"  He'd hold his head in his hooves for a few moments, seeming to be getting a headache as he mulls this information over.  "This sounds... crazy.  Really, really crazy."
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:57 pm

Fantasy frowned, then her gaze fell as she considered it, and she gave a 'I'll concede: it sounds crazy' gesture. However, she merely pointed at the drawings with a hoof, insisting to him that she wasn't lying. Then she took the stick back up and wrote "alicorns".
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 12:19 am

North groans slightly from a headache, focusing back to Fantasy as she writes 'alicorn.' He'd again tilt his head, tracing the rough sketches for a few moments. "So they're 'alicorns'? I've... never heard of anything like that." He'd look around again for a moment to make sure the coast is clear before slumping to the ground next to Fantasy, resting for a bit as he continues to try and learn these new things.

He'd sigh once more before speaking again. "Where exactly are you even from, Penstroke?"
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 12:25 am

Fantasy hesitated. Should she? What if they came chasing after her there? What if they tried to take over Equestria? She didn't want to cause that kind of disas-... well, it'd probably be more of an inconvenience than anything else. Regardless...

Her hesitance may've shown, but it vanished as Fantasy started writing again. 'Equestria. Huge place.
An entire continent.'
A pause as Fantasy considered what else to say, but decided against saying any more and set the stick down again. She looked at North expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 12:43 am

North notices the hesitation for a moment, but the reasons behind it don't click in his head. He'd read as she writes again, giving a small nod. "Equestria, huh? Interesting name. It's uhh... on the surface, right?"
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 12:46 am

Fantasy stopped, raising an eyebrow before it occurred to her that by "surface" he meant below Pegasopolis, then she nodded.
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 1:04 am

North nodded at this, looking back to the things Fantasy drew in the dirt. He'd snicker lightly before looking back to Fantasy. "Never been to the surface before. Not that I'd even be allowed if I wanted. I wonder what's different..." He'd think for a moment before standing back up, stretching for a moment. He'd look off to the distance. Another Pegasus Guard would round the corner, slowly trotting in their direction. "Well, Penstroke. Shift change time."
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 1:15 am

Fantasy looked, and her eyes widened in an 'Oh shit!' expression. She bolted up and started doing something that appeared to be excited pronking, jumping all over her drawings and erasing them. She did this until the guard reached them, then sat back down on the cobblestone.

The guard's eyebrows furrowed. "...what?" He looked to North for answers.
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 1:46 am

North glanced between the guard and Fantasy.  His expression would be blank as he shrugs at the other guard.  "I... couldn't really tell you.  Outsiders are odd."  He'd give Fantasy a quick glance before spreading out his wings and hovering.  "Enjoy your shift."  He'd then look back at Fantasy.  "Get some sleep.  I'll be back tomorrow morning during the next shift change."
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 3:32 am

Fantasy waved goodbye. When he was out of sight, she realized that she had nowhere to sleep within her available area of ground and cobblestone. She looked to the night shift guard.

His eyebrows were still furrowed. He was glaring at her, looking her up and down every few seconds, then walked away from her until he was out of range of her leash and sat down. "I don't want you making a sound!" he shouted to her. "If you're making sound, I can't hear sounds like other ponies sneaking!"

Fantasy blinked. So as she wasn't going to be talking to this pony, she decided to watch the earth ponies work... which she stopped doing when they depressed her and she couldn't cheer them up or even offer friendliness as most wouldn't dare do more than glance at her. Eventually she fell asleep on the ground, waking up every few hours either because of a noise made by an earth pony, having to re-position herself in the grass, or just because she'd gotten cold. Come dawn, she was cold, tired, grumpy, and covered in dew. The pegasus guard was watching the skies expectantly, waiting for North to relieve him of the unicorn's presence.

Fantasy got up, stretched, and shook the dew off of herself. She made a face, trying to stretch all the muscles as the tight muzzle felt quite constraining and uncomfortable by now; she couldn't really do anything about her jaw, as the muzzle firmly held that in place. Next, she shifted her collar up and down to scratch and massage her neck.

Then her stomach growled, and she realized she hadn't eaten anything since... yesterday morning. Jeez. She looked over at the pegasus guard. He yawned. She hummed for his attention. He looked at her and scowled.

"What'd I say about making noise?" he snapped.

Fantasy merely moved her hoof over her stomach in a circular motion.

"Wait for North." he told her, then turned his attention back to the skies.

Fantasy sighed, and started watching ponies coming and going again. Not that there was much to watch: the park was rather empty in the early hours; even most of the earth ponies were gone, many bulkier, dirtier, heavy-worker ponies leaving and fewer, smaller, cleaner ponies arriving. That was interesting.

Then Fantasy perked up a bit as she saw the brown earth pony with the saddlebags she'd seen yesterday. And her curiosity piqued when the earth pony saw her, and instead of looking away she turned and made a beeline for her. Fantasy tilted her head. The guard glared at the pony suspiciously. The pony showed no fear, and actually didn't even look at the pegasus. Instead, she walked right up to Fantasy, reached into her saddlebags, and pulled out two bags and a wine bottle and placed them at her hooves. "Bread, cheese, and water." she said, and turned around and walked away without another word.
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 4:15 am

Shortly after North would casually fly down from the sky, landing near Fantasy and the other guard.  He'd stretch for a moment before nodding towards the guard.  "I got it from here.  Enjoy your break."  He'd look towards the food and then to Fantasy, a small smile appearing on his face for a moment before he forces it away.  He'd take his position next to her as before, the previous guard huffing as he trots off.

North would look around at the other ponies in the park, looking towards the Earth ponies and scowling at them for a brief instant. He'd then lean in towards Fantasy, reaching a hoof up to her muzzle.  "This is only coming off so you can eat, then it has to go back on.  You can talk, but don't make a bigger scene than normal, understand?"
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 4:22 am

"'Bigger scene than normal'? What's that supposed to mean?" Fantasy asked incredulously, but quietly. She wasn't quite offended as she was more plain curious. Surely the last two- wait, no three times didn't count? Those were special circumstance- actually, the entire situation was a special circumstance, so... he may actually have a valid point...

She reached into the bread bag with a hoof, and remembered she couldn't work hooves to save her life, so she reached her head in and pulled the bread out with her muzzle. The bread bag was actually full of crusts and stale chunks, including a whole third of a loaf, so Fantasy couldn't just hold a loaf like she'd originally planned. She'd have to keep sticking her head in, which was moderately embarrassing for her.

Oh, and she'd probably have to eat the cheese at some point, too. Unfortunate, since she didn't like cheese that much.
Back to top Go down
Sif

Sif

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 4:29 am

North would keep a lookout as she eats, occasionally looking over and snickering quietly as she sticks her head in and out of the one bag. He'd think for a moment before speaking, trying to start up a conversation before he'd need to put the muzzle back on. "So uhh... you're from Equestria? That's the name, correct? What's it... uhhh like there?"

He'd speak softly and a little quiet, seeming to not want to have any other ponies listen in on what he's asking. He'd keep darting his head around just to make sure nopony else was within earshot of the two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thundershock   Thundershock - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thundershock
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OCRoleplay :: Active Roleplays :: Roleplay-
Jump to: