OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Empty
PostSubject: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:29 am

Early in the morning at Canterlot castle, there strode a Princess....

A tired, aggravated Princess of the Night.

*Bang Bang Bang*

*Bang Bang Bang*

Then, there was the sound of a door being forced open. "TIA! GET UP! ITS SIX IN THE MORNING!" The Night Princess screamed in the Royal Voice into a certain Sun Princess's chambers, rousing her from her slumber

"Nngghh..... Let me sleep another hour Lulu..... I stayed up....for about a thousand years...while you were away...."

"Yeah? Well I was awake the whole time too! Now UP! Before ponies say I've gone bad again cause the sun isn't coming up"

"....Good point...." And with that, Princess Celestia rose rather reluctantly from her lavish bed, rubbing her eyes and looking out her tower window, willing the Sun to come forth and start the day as she stood, perfect pastel mane beginning to flow as she sat on the edge of her bed, looking up at Princess Luna with sleepy eyes. "Didn't I have something planned for today?"

Luna nodded. "Yes. You've contracted a group of mercenaries to train with your Royal Guard this morning. Something about keeping your guard on its toes." Turning around, Luna started on her way out, stopping for a moment. "Sure you don't want me to send my agents to assist?"

"No... though the offer is appreciated Luna. Feel free to retire to your chambers for the day, I'll take it from here."

"Sister..."

"Yes?"

"...Glad you're able to get some sleep again." And with that, Luna vanished, relocating to her chambers, leaving the day to its regent, who was now standing, rubbing the morning from her eyes, and adorning her royal garb for her duties for the day, then vanishing in a brilliant flash of light and into the courtyard, where she knew her guard would be assembled and ready to begin their assignment for the day under her own personal supervision. More interesting to her would be surveying the talent that her commander had hired to train with them. Her distaste for sell swords aside, her guard needed the experience, and outside talent was the only place to get it.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:22 am

From among the row of mercenaries from near, far, and wide, stood a somewhat short stallion wearing a white robe and hood with red marking that covered nearly all of his body, and slightly slumped. The only things visible about him were his pale white horn sticking out from under the hood, the white nose tip, and the white hand that grasped... a regular sweeping broom.

In several ways, he stood out a fair bit, even among the more eccentric looking mercs. He was short, he wore bright colors, and he had seemingly brought only a broom as a weapon other than the magic bag he had strapped onto his side. He knew some didn't think he was in the right place, but this was part of the method he chose to be here with regardless of what others thought.

Once Celestia had appeared, there was a slight change in what had been a rather calm and passive demeanor thus far. He looked up a bit, and gazed over at the monarch of the land from the shadows of the hood in awe. He had heard much of Celestia in his travels on Equestria, but have never even come close to seeing her directly, much less meeting her. She was striking in her otherwordly beauty to him, no doubt, but the magic she radiated was what really resonated with him. It was very soothing to him, and rather comforting through sheer presence alone, despite virtually feeling it in the air.

Of course, he was not so stricken that he didn't show decorum, and gave a curt bow until told to do otherwise...
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:21 pm

As Celestia appeared in a brilliant flash, the Royal Guard immediately stood at attention and saluted, the Princess walking through their ranks with a gentle smile on her face, heading towards the assembled band of mercenaries, a bemused expression crossing her face as she looked over Sugary, eyes focusing on his bag for a moment and then moved past him, circling the group for a moment before coming to a stop in front of Sugary again, towering over him.

After taking a moment to see how they reacted to her, she spoke. "You have been contracted by the head of my guard to train my guard for more... unusual situations... but first, I'd like to test your mettle for myself first, to see the quality of men my subordinates have acquired. My distaste for sell swords is not something I'll hid from you, but you'll be treated the same as my guard while you're under my command." Taking a few steps back, an orange aura began to surround Celestia. "As an initiation for a graduating class of recruits from the Royal Guard, I allow them to witness the power of their liege, and know the seriousness of the duties I have assigned them. Now stand, if you can, and know your place."

And then, the Sun rose behind Celestia, and all was white for a moment, before a feeling of overwhelming heat washed over the band of mercenaries, as if they were standing before a raging inferno, air heavy and thick around her as they were finally able to see, that orange aura now ablaze around her, yet nothing lit ablaze despite the overwhelming heat she radiated. She let this power linger for a few moments.

And then it was over, Celestia turning and heading back to the front of her troops and taking a seat in a chair provided for her, whilst her commanders began shouting orders and the Guard dividing themselves into 4 even groups, sparring gear equipped and staring straight ahead. A commander approached the group of mercenaries, nodding at them. "If you'd please divide yourselves by specialty, we can begin."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 7:31 pm

The stallion in white robes remained at a curt bow as Celestia walked nearby, though her proximity gave him a better feel for her celestial power. Of course, that would not prepare him for the wave of energy she'd unleash afterwards. Being relatively the closest of the mercenaries to feel Celestia's display of power, he struggled to hold fast as her power beared down on his body and his being. Being a magical creature by default, the feeling was likely stronger still for him and those like him than most others would ever have felt.

By the time she made her way back, he was still standing, though shaking, heart beating rapidly, and stuck between a tinge of fear and anxiety. "Whoa...! What a rush...! She sure knows how to make a statement...! And that's just a fraction of her power, I'm sure of it...! She's a living legend alright... What an honor... But I'm here for work... Gotta stay focused..." He initially took a bit of a labored breathing in an effort to calm down from the latent energies in his body and in the air that she had unleashed.

Once he had calmed down enough to move about again comfortably, he had a slight conundrum as to where he should go regarding specialties. He considered staying by himself just for the sake of messing some more with the minds of others as he intended, but he decided to have a more subtle approach... and chose to walk with the broom seemingly giving him walking support towards the group that had, by first glance, the most physically fit looking ones; All of which made him look smaller still by comparison. Regardless of how anyone felt, he'd stay right there until needed.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 1:40 am

As Celestia sat, she observed the eccentric stallion hobble his way towards the group of strong looking stallions, she sighed and shook her head. Apparently my point was not made about the seriousness of their duties... Standing, she walked directly over to Sugary, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Are you sure this is where you'll best serve, mercenary... no..." she looked over him again. "Tell me your name, stallion." A look of authority washed over her face, that aura of heat now reconstructed as one of absolute command and power.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 2:24 am

The white robe wearing stallion merely kept his somewhat easygoing stance, as Celestia got up. He then was curious but stood still as she approached. He was then fairly surprised to see her standing right before him. He then flinched and struggled when the Titan-mare held onto him while bearing her power upon him as she questioned him in what he had to admit was an unusually straightforward way to interrogate him personally despite being the Diarch. "Ah!? I-It's Sugary! Sugary Market! But Princess, I-I was hired to help train and keep the Royal Guards sharp t-to unexpected things! It's part of my approach! Please, be at ease, I-I mean no ill will!" He was glad that the other mercenaries weren't too close by as none were too keen on staying close to them while she questioned him the way she did. He tried to keep his voice only high enough for the Princess to hear, though he was constantly worried that she would suddenly either send the surge of solar power through him greater than before, or that she would suddenly set fire to his robe for some reason that he had not intended. He wasn't being physically harmed, but the spark of his soul struggled to hold fast in her supreme meta-physical presence. All of this, he did while only somewhat showing her his face from under the hood as he could not keep his face hidden as intended while being questioned, much less by Celestia herself.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:25 am

Celestia's gaze turned to her commander who was regulating the group that Sugary had made himself a part of. "I'll be claiming this one Commander. Carry on with your duties, and give me some space." She ordered, commander nodding and leading his unit and the band of mercenaries more than several meters away, leaving a wide berth between them and her. Satisfied with the distance placed, her gaze moved back to Sugary, her presence seemingly diminishing as well. "Remove your hood, don your armor, and draw your weapon if you posses any. I'll take your measure myself." Extending her hand, a mass of flames erupted forth from it into the shape of a blade, then fading away to reveal a massive two-handed golden sword, which she grasped firmly at the ready.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 5:02 am

While Celestia was no longer bearing her meta-physical might upon him directly, Sugary was no less confused by the sudden turn of events. First, the fact that she 'claimed' him out of the blue to set them apart from the rest. Then, the fact that she had told him to arm himself differently. And finally, the fact that she had armed herself and practically called him out on a fight personally.

He was dumbfounded to say the least as he saw and heard her. "Wha...? She's... She's actually serious...!? But why would... I mean, I AM technically under contract by the Royal Family by extension of the Royal Guard, but what could possibly make HER want to fight ME...!? Figures... The one time I deliberately get a job with the Canterlot Nobility openly, and I get the Diarch of Equestria as my opponent..."

Even without further input from her, he knew from her stare and her stance that she was ready to either spar, duel, or fight. Being the highest authority in the land, and him being under contract, she would, in the end, obligate him to prepare himself, if reluctantly.

He looked at the broom he held and sighed, then activated his Inventory Bag to, in a flash of light that consumed the broom and robes, switch with a ruby-red-hued full body steel armor that practically covered him from head to hooves -including his face- with a decorative emblem at the chest, and a pair of blunt steel maces in each hand.

However, he only took a strictly defensive stance as he spoke to the Princess once more. "Princess... I don't understand... I know I was hired by the Royal Guard and, technically, by you... But what does this have to do with training your troops...? Why single me out...?"
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 2:50 am

Celestia smiled slightly in approval of Sugary's new appearance. "I hired you to train our army. Who, pray tell, do you think leads said army Market?" She asked as she hefted her blade and lunged forward in a stab with it. The surrounding commanders instructed their groups to pay them no mind as they got down to business while Celestia initiated the first round of blows with Sugary, following up her stab, which she was fairly certain would be blocked, by spinning with the momentum of the stab and slashing vertically down at him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 5:31 am

(("Gigantesque"))

Having gotten his answer from Celestia did not put Sugary at ease at all even if it did set the record straight. While he had made a point to do the unexpected for the guards, he could not quite bring himself to act as aggressively against her in a sparring duel as, for all that he knew, she was not wearing proper training or combat attire, which meant he would have to execute certain moves differently regardless of her status in the world as she was an opponent, not an enemy.

Before he got to ask her about her gear, she had begun to move for a strike which meant that any form of conversation would be limited as it was for now, and was obligated to take countermeasures in her approach. For one, he was almost certain that she was more powerful than him in every conceivable way. That fact was a no brainer, but what he wasn't sure of was how much stronger than him she actually was as he simply had no reference to go by.

To make up for the initial estimated difference in power in an effort to make a suitable opponent out of himself, he brought out all 4 oval steel shields he owned and made them levitate behind him as though they were wings of his own in the event he'd have to use them as a means to theoretically guard himself against her own mighty beautiful wings in case she chose to use them against him as extra striking limbs as well as general flexible defense. Along with the shields was the use of some magic to do the two following things: Coat himself and his gear in a light protective Shell and Protect barrier as his combat gear was practically normal and hers was not, so he'd need them to be extra resilient lest they were to break or fail unexpectedly. The other was a temporary self augmentation in body strength with a Temper spell; Despite being confident in his normal and well earned strength, he sincerely doubted he could deflect a blow from her effectively as no amount of skill would change the fact that if one was as resilient and mighty as a sheet of paper, a thrown rock could go through it at nearly any angle... and Celestia was that rock as he prepared to deflect her blow in his augmented state, and he wasn't about to find out if he was like paper to her without being reasonably cautious.

Watching her movements as accurately as he could, he kept his stance while making only slight movement adjustments to make the deflection and counter attempt. Only when she was close enough would he attempt to strike past the tip area of the sword with the mace on his rigt arm in a diagonal swing to the left to keep it from coming directly at him, sparks flying wildly in the contact of weapons. But his intent wasn't to force her weapon and momentum sideways, but rather downwards as, simultaneously with the initial blow, he strongly levitated a shield to try and push her sword downwards along with his mace right after the first contact and keep it from moving anywhere but down into the ground and have it meet it. Assuming he had executed the moves properly and actually managed to either get her sword to meet the grass and soil or tamper with her momentum at all, he'd attempt to step in and try to close the distance to try and jab her hands to get her to let go of her weapon with the other mace in his left arm, while using the right arm and levitated shield to try and keep the sword from being moved much in his direction, and having the other three shields follow him closely to try and deflect any possible kicks, wing swipes, or anything else she might decide to use against him in the approach to disarm her before going after her directly if he even managed to get that close successfully at all...
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Celestia's eyes opened in mild surprise at his impressive defense, golden armor encasing her form as she stepped back, yanking her sword back into stance with pure power alone, the stallion's deflection both predicted and prepared for, though the radial shield defense would be a mite tricky to work her way around. This one will be a good challenge just out of sheer unpredictability.. she though to herself as her left hand raised upwards, a brilliant flash of light, much like one would get if they started at the sun at full strength, flashed in Sugary's eyes, her taking a step back to size up his reaction to see if he'd react how she predicted. This was an oft used tactic of her's, highly effective against the unprepared, not that she'd ever met a pony prepared to take her head to head.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:52 am

Noting that Celestia donned armor instantly meant that Sugary would have to change how he faces her in general.

Being unable to disarm her and keep her balance off, he tried to readjust his stance and posture as she raised her hand, preparing himself for what came next. However, he wasn't quite expecting her to cast a blinding light out in the open where others could see, and despite having the helmet to provide ample shade for him, it only somewhat diminished the effects upon him. "A blinding spell!? Can't believe I fell for something so basic!" Cursing briefly under his breath, he began to step back as well, relying on mild self levitation to make the hops backwards more prominent to gain distance and recover while simultaneously driving a shield straight into the ground, scooping up dirt, and launch it in retaliation at her along with a Wind spell to distract her and possibly irritate her own eyes as well if he did it fast and well enough.

Even if he closed his eyes purposely, he could tell where she was well enough as her supreme lifeforce was like a beacon to him. The same went for his shield and Wind spell as they were being moved and caused as extensions of his own will. But for the time being, he'd attempt to keep on the defensive by moving the shields around him again as he raised his voice to her. "Princess, what do you seek out of this? There is nothing normal about facing you! Do you intend to set any conditions, or what?" He wasn't about to drag on his words for too long as she could simply want to duel with the concept of anything goes except permanent injury or death and not tell him. He'd have to assume that was the case if she didn't answer, but facing a Diarch in training was by no means a normal day for him, and he'd appreciate some ground rules for this particular occasion as he slowly tried to restore his eyesight with a Blindna spell to counteract the negative effects upon him and actually see his opponent clearly, lest he risk getting struck completely by surprise.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 3:52 pm

Manifesting her shield, she pointed her blade at Sugary. "I wish to know the full extent of your abilities, and I will drag them out of you one by one until they all lay bare beneath me. That, sell sword, is the purpose of this duel. Now, prepare yourself!" she replied, a ball of energy beginning to condense at the tip of her blade, it filling to about a foot across and then firing itself at Sugary, her then stabbing the blade into the ground, a tall cylinder open at the front forming around Sugary, making his only routes of travel up, forwards at the attack, or teleportation.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 5:03 am

Sugary had recovered just enough to see Celestia as she finished speaking and more so when she charged magic at him and around him. Given the circumstances he opted for a maneuver that would only require him to dodge and counter rather than attempt to meet force with force, purposely visibly considering the arrangement, and charged his horn with more energy while briefly releasing a light pink aura around him on the ground as he allowed himself a constant full free flow of his Mana, more so than before, to have at the ready for the continuing duel.

With a mix of self-levitation and Wind magic, he bent his knees and jumped up while simultaneously relying on the near cylinder space she had given him for a faster thrust upwards when he released the Wind spell to skyrocket upwards along with his gear and avoid the oncoming shot.

Afterwards, to retaliate, his horn began to flare and glow a very bright red as he prepared for his counter-attack. "So, you wanna see the fire in my heart, Princess!? Very well! Come and get me!" Aiming the tip of his maces at her, he launched a foot wide, but very fast and powerful Firaga spell at her that actually gave him a little more thrust still as he launched it like a comet at her. A bit of excitement within his tone as he called out to her given that, while she was who she was, she had essentially asked of him to cut loose for the sake of practice. And against a living legend no less.

He was fairly certain that she had more than enough power to resist his Fire elemental Ga-level spell, but there was a reason for it: There was still great power behind the spell he made, and he wanted her to assess it first hand. He also intended for it to work as a taunt and get her to react more aggressively and try to get her to drop her guard in the duel.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Leaving her blade in the ground, Celestia focused, one hand waving, redirecting the first spell she cast back on course towards Sugary, and her other hand weaving magic that stopped his Firaga spell dead in the air, her clenching her hand into a fist, the spell shrinking, but gaining in intensity, her then thrusting her hand forward, returning the spell with an addition of her own back to Sugary. "Oh I've no need to go anywhere Mercenary Market, I will simply watch you run about the battlefield from your own magic until you confront me again. Although with a stallion as short as you, that might take awhile." She replied with a grin, staring up at him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Sugary had a feeling that Celestia would do more with her initial spell. He wasn't too surprised that she did in fact stop and catch his spell for her own use mid-flight either; In fact, it gave him a much better idea of what she'd be capable of little by little. Her own taunt, however, did get a reaction from him under the helmet as he scrunched up his nose in mild annoyance. "Fine... She wants me to make the first move? Then I'll give her exactly that. Better brace myself hard though... Time for my disappearing act!"

He tried to make adjustments as to his position in mid-air as the spells made their way to him. He intended to try and make it so that they would reach him at roughly the same time, but had a feeling it might only go half well in that regard with only one instead as, once he felt he was in the best spot he could be on short notice, his horn flared blue as a sphere of water surrounded him, which then turned to ice he was encased in, and intended to time his escape from within via teleportation to appear roughly 15 feet away from her on the ground again while the ice would be left alone to deal with taking the shots that would have been following him.

During the rush after the reappearance, he'd attempt to use an Earth spell as his horn glew with a brown gold aura and try to engulf the sword she had left on the ground and hold it in a thick mound of soil to prevent her, or slow her down, from grasping her weapon effectively while simultaneously raising two small dirt pillars from behind her and strike her behind her knees to try and knock her down or off balance and more vulnerable before moving in closer still for another go at her directly. He was, of course, prepared to make adjustments where needed.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 3:52 am

Celestia sensed the magic, and his intent behind it. Hmmm, it'd be simple for me to just nullify it.... Let's see what happens when he thinks he has an opening. Letting Sugary's spells connect, Celestia dropped to her knees, letting her sword vanish. "Oof!" She grunted as she let herself get knocked down, grinning internally, waiting for Sugary to continue his offensive, her beginning to cast counter measures in advance against him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 6:05 pm

His effort had worked well, maybe too well he though. Now that Celestia was down and seemingly more vulnerable, he began to make use of another set of spells, though was still wary of her own magic.

The very first thing he'd do, is to cast a Flash spell of his own and send a bright flash of light aimed in her general direction, though he was unsure if she'd be affected by it at all. Near simultaneously, however, he had actually teleported as well. The intended result was as follows: He had attempted to teleport himself along with the two maces in his grasp onto her back between her wings wearing nothing but tigh shorts and essentially revealing his body as it really was under the robe and armor while attempting to grasp both of her wings with his own arms and hold onto them to keep them still for as long as possible while charging for another incapacitating attack spell at point blank. He left the suit of armor and shields move about towards her in a charging tackle with his own magic while still charging the spell he intended to hit her with to try and force her to deal with several blunt objects coming at her from the front, and himself and the spell he intended to use on her from behind. It was a gamble, but he decided it was best not to prolong a duel with the Diarch and go for something risky while he had a chance... Time... He just needed for the armor to distract her long enough to let him cast his spell on her, but had a feeling he'd have to endure other things as well being between her great wings, her mane, and her head and main magic outlet.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:12 am

As soon as Celestia felt Sugary grasp her wings, Sugary would feel a massive influx of power surge through her,"State!" Celestia yelled in the Royal voice, slamming her palm into the ground, the surge now felt as a massive ripple through space as she voided all magic around them, and a secondary spell followed immediatly afterwards, suspending anything within the remote area in stasis after blasting them off their feet into the air.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:31 am

Sugary groaned at being deprived of his main means of offense and defense. It didn't help that his Inventory would also not have been useful even if he had chosen to take it with him... which he didn't as it was strapped to his armor, and not himself at the moment as it had been part of his previous plan that had now backfired.

As things were, he was... stuck. He did not have the power to counteract the magic seal, nor did he have any immediate way to even fall onto the ground. The best he could do was to try and make his magic work from within to move himself out of the area, but the strong seal seemed to be preventing even that much from happening... So he was somewhat spread out in mid-air, holding onto his maces, and wearing nothing but the same tight shorts as he was on full display in the light of day. "... Dammit..."
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 5:18 pm

Celestia turned, looking over Sugary with what appeared to be a highly amused expression at his appearance. Reaching over, she pulled her blade from the mound Sugary had buried it in with seemingly no effort, gracefully striding over and resting the flat of her blade on his shoulder, smiling softly as she did so. "It seems I have won this contest, Sugary Market. You acquitted yourself with honor and great skill." Releasing her hold over him, Sugary would fall gently to his feet, Celestia's sword vanishing along with her armor. "Gather your gear and....." She chuckled, looking at his nearly naked form again with a grin. "put your clothes back on. Commander!" Celestia called, a stallion approaching and bowing. "Yes your Highness?" he asked. "Bring this stallion to the throne at 4pm. I've a different assignment for him. Until then Sugary Market, I bid you farewell." And with that, Celestia vanished in a flash, Leaving Sugary with the Commander, who now wasn't quite sure what to do with him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 5:35 am

Celestia's words of victory only added to how right she was as it was having her warm blade on his shoulder while being virtually defenseless that decided his loss for the round. All he could do was accept the loss as he touched the ground and slowly felt his movements and magic return freely, but had to ponder about the praise she gave him despite the relatively quick loss. "... Is she not used to having others oppose her willingly...? Or was it just for formality...? Still... What a frustrating loss... Gonna have to train harder again..."

Being left alone with the Officer, he quietly retrieved his gear from a distance with levitation, took the Inventory Bag in his hand, activated it, and was covered in a flash of light along with the gear to then be replaced with red clothing and a matching feathered fedora. He kept to his thoughts for a moment as to what she could possibly want from him later on, but decided simply follow through with her request as he took out and looked at a pocket watch to tell the time before looking at the Officer and addressing him directly. "... Um... Shall I rejoin the others for training in the meantime? Or am I to be dismissed for now and wait somewhere specific...? Ah! One more thing... When was the last time she dueled someone?" He briefly considered waiting at his airship if possible, but didn't want to make the Officer do more than needed to make sure they both followed their orders smoothly.
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:27 am

The commander paused for a moment to consider that, and then shook his head. "No, there's little point to it. if I was you, I'd prepare myself as best as possible, polish my armor and whatnot, take a moment, grab something to eat, and then fortify yourself mentally. I've had only one personal private meeting with the Princess. Nervewracking as all hell, and that was for a promotion to my current rank. Celestia only knows what she has planned for a mercenary. And as for the last duel she's had." He then scratches his head, shrugging. "I've no idea. You'll have to ask her yourself. She doesn't train her soldiers personally like her sister does her agents. And as you saw, there isn't a mortal alive that I know of that could stand against her in direct combat, and with her sister back, I don't see a single vulnerability between the two of them. As for now though, consider yourself dismissed Mercenary. You've more important things to attend to."
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:18 pm

"... I see... Very well..." Right after being formally dismissed by the Commander, Sugary took out a pen and pad out from his Inventory and began to discuss on a meeting place between them later on in the day before he went to his mobile home.

Once back at his airship floating by itself -or rather by the Levistone within- on the side of Canterlot mountain near the castle town, he went back to only wearing his shortsand spent a good portion of the morning pondering the Commander's words about Celestia and her sibling, and how she seems to treat private matters and, in his case, a direct request for a duel seemingly out of nowhere.

He'd calmly spend a fair bit of time lightly polishing and looking over his gear as advised, spend the morning exercising for good measure and to shake off the feeling of the loss to an unusually strong opponent and living legend, shower, and have himself a hearty meal. During the afternoon, he'd walk onto the deck and practice his magic while looking over to the castle at first in wonder, and then over to the horizon that was the rest of the landscape to help clear his mind further and remind himself to simply think of the meeting with the Princess as an unusual appointment that he hoped to learn something from that might aid in his own goal to grow further as a Warrior Sage.

And yet, even after all that time and training had been done, he still could not shake off one particular feeling as he once again made his return over to the castle to meet up with the Commander shortly before meeting with Celestia personally: He was anxious and excited at being formally invited by Royalty into the castle directly. In all his years of work, travel, and leisure, he'd been involved with Nobility and ruling Nobility in some form or other, but never outright Royalty. Much less the ruler of an entire continent, and a legendary being known throughout the world. In every way, shape, and form, his was a truly unique experience for him already, and he hadn't even so much as passed through the gates of the castle as he now waited for the Commander, once again wearing the old but reliable red clothing he had earlier in the day...
Back to top Go down
SwordSymphony

SwordSymphony

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 4:57 pm

As Sugary would walk up to the castle, he'd see the commander from earlier nod at him and turn to walk in stride with him. "Good, you're a little early. I wish I could tell you what you're walking into there merc, but I've not once been able to predict the Princess's true motives, apart from her ultimate goal of keeping the peace in the land. Regardless, prepare yourself for the unexpected." The two approach a large door in the castle, guards opening it for them, Commander turning around. "You're on your own from here. You should know the proper etiquette." Walking off, Sugary would be left alone to see Celestia sitting on her throne alone, looking down at him. "Approach, Sugary Market." she called from across the throne room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)    Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Duties (Private W/ Mr. Market)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next