OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Sugarcubes (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 4:15 pm

"Celestia alone will do just fine." The Princess assured him with a nod as she held the door the carriage open for them. "After you."

"Best jus' to not question it." Applejack whispered to Sugary. "Can be a might hard to remember Celestia's royalty, I'd swear at times she forgets it herself if she didn' do such a good job looking after the kingdom." The farmer explained to him as she climbed into the carriage, looking a little stunned at the luxurious carriage seats which looked more like plush couches than carriage seats.
Back to top Go down
https://ocroleplay.forumotion.co.uk
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Sugary was relieved to know that deep down, Celestia was surprisingly casual, chuckling briefly and lightly as Applejack had to whisper that fact to him. That is, he thought as much until he saw that both mares were getting in the carriage. He flicked his ears lightly in thought, approaching the carriage, but not getting in just yet. "Very well, but... Why not go for a walk instead? I had thought that's what you meant when you wanted us to show you around, the town isn't that big... Not that I won't get in if that's what you prefer of course!" Should Celestia opt to ride for whatever reason, he'd climb into the carriage without protest and admire its comforting features as he comfortingly sat next to Applejack... But otherwise, he'd be all too happy to get a good stretch and walk under the morning sun in the peaceful little town.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Celestia's smile dipped a little. "Pleasant as that may be, my appearance in any town tends to cause quite the stir." She reminded them as Applejack sat herself on the exceptionally soft and comfortable seats. "The local sheriff has been told to inform any ponies who ask that a local pastry investor is touring the town. We shall have a stroll later though, I assure you... I have grown quite fond of strolls under the starlight." Celestia looked out the window with a slightly wistful smile.

Applejack cleared her throat to Sugary and tried to change the subject. "So Sugary, why don'cha tell us a little about your own hometown? Must be an intersetin' place, never seen magic like yours come out of Equestria."

"Yes, I would quite like to know myself." Celestia nodded curiously. "Does it fall within the boundaries of my kingdom or does it reside with the foreign nations?" The princess asked with an inquisitive look.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 5:42 pm

After Celestia had made her point, Sugary fully understood what she meant on how royals tended to have a hard time keeping things subtle. The chance at going for a quiet night stroll sounded very pleasant though. "Hm... Guess she has a flair for some romanticism too?"

More than anything, he felt like a foal within the large carriage after getting the news about the Sheriff's plans. But the comfort he felt was abruptly dashed as Applejack asked the one thing off of him he was not so willing to share, mostly because any previous attempts have resulted in him being seen as a wacko. He lightly smiled at both mares, mustering all the composure he could, but deep down he was trying his hardest to improvise something convincing. "Of all the things to ask!! Why does it have to be that!?"

"Ah... Well... Yes, I'm not from Equestria... But it's been so, so very long since I left my hometown that I barely remember much of it... It was full of great fertile lands though, I remember that much... As for my magic...? I had plenty of practice as I traveled... You'd be surprised what you can learn from chance encounters with retired traveling mages. I was lucky." He was just barely telling any sort of truth, and just barely managing to keep proper eye contact with the mares... One whom was the Element of Honesty, and the other a former wielder of all the Elements... He felt an odd pressure around him all of a sudden. "Don't ask for more, don't ask for more, don't ask for more..."
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 3:33 am

Celestia laid one of her legs on top of the other and looked at Sugary with a raised eyebrow as he stumbled through an obviously unprepared question dodging explanation. The solar monarch let the stallion finish his avoidance of the question without interrupting him but her look all but broadcasted that she didn't believe even slightly that he was telling them everything.

"But wait, where from outside Equestria are you from?" Applejack asked. "Griffon Kingdoms? Zebrica? Saddle Arabia?" Applejack asked, listing off the only major kingdoms she knew that resided outside Equestria.

Celestia however raised a hand, not moving even slightly when the carriage hit a rather sharp bump in the road. "This isn't an interrogation Applejack, I do believe it was meant to be a tour." Celestia reminded her subject with a smile. "Only one more question Sugary; you must tell me, is the Apple family cooking as good as the rumors say?" Celestia asked with a smile while Applejack blushed bright red.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 4:21 am

Sugary's face didn't show it, but he could most certainly feel Celestia's ancient gaze upon him. He was becoming steadily more convinced that she did not believe his lie. Again he felt pressured afterwards by the pleasantly curious, but unfortunately vexing, Applejack with her string of reasonable questions on something he didn't wish to delve into... So it came as quite a surprise when Celestia gave him the breather he wanted instead of waiting for him to speak as he looked her way with mild astonishment.

He blinked a few times, looking towards that forgiving smile of hers, and felt humbled as he smiled back weakly, looking between both mares. "... The food was delicious, Pr-... Celestia... And good company made it all the more worthwhile..." He smiled a little bit more at AJ in particular, thinking fondly of the night before at dinner with the Apples.

The bump had also jolted his mind a bit on what he should do, and when. He would soon follow up as he tapped his hoof on the floor while looking down briefly. "Also, if you both still happen to be that curious about little old me by the end of the day... I suppose I could tell you more about myself during the evening stroll." He had two mares with him: One as the great sovereign of the land, and the other was an excellent candidate to become a full fledged hero. Both have treated him warmly so far. If anyone was deserving of the truth, it was them. He could at least say he tried again. He then looked out the window to admire the tour, and consider what he would say later on.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:10 pm

Celestia kept a calm aura of curiosity while she listened to Sugary and Applejack, observing them like a teacher appraising two of her favorite students turning in fine work; no one could ever quite know what was going on behind Celestia's piercing eyes, what her mind was truly thinking, but no pony would question that she was always thinking far more than she might indicate and often knew things about ponies they had never told her.

The rumors of her being telepathic were heavily denied of course.

"Well I'm sure Luna would love to know ponies are sharing their secrets under her stars again." Celestia chuckled. "Do you know there used to be traditional gardens for it? Entire gardens dedicated to sharing your secrets, one would simply write the secret they wanted to admit and tie it with ribbon to a tree in the gardens. A strange tradition, but Luna appreciated the attention."

"Ah gotta admit, I don' see myself ever puttin' any of my own secrets out in the open like that, anyone coulda read em." Applejack remarked, finding the whole idea extremely strange. The orange mare blushed when she heard Sugary praise her food. "It was what we had on hand anyhoo... I'm sure we could make you much better if'n y'all are willin' to put up with us long enough to have another dinner?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 2:32 am

Sugary would, somewhere along the way, point out to some areas of interest such as the Sheriff's office, one of the prisoners being already put to work with community service for town maintenance, and even the building where much of the action had occurred. However, he didn't go at it for too long since he could still feel Celestia gazing upon him. He would at times look back at her, but quickly averted his gaze. "Her eyes are so gentle... But it feels like she's looking through me all the time..." He could protect himself from becoming someone else's puppet well enough, but he could only go so far to avoid hiding what was in his heart. Then again, he could probably do a decent act when he really tried, but it was hard for him to lie to honest folk.

His attention eventually did shift to her properly once she began to speak of one peculiar way of sharing secrets. He smiled at how it all seemed to work. "That does sound like a nice way to let out a few bottled thoughts... I know a few who could use an open confession like that here and there..." And that, of course, included himself. But maybe the likely evening stroll would be just as good, he thought.

While Applejack blushed, Sugary beamed at her proposal with a rather jolly mood and a hearty chuckle. "Put up with you!? Hardly! I'm surprised you'd actually want to invite me to your home again for better dinner...! If you're serious, I must insist that I help out in some way this time at least." While he did have some plans and ideas of his own in mind, he certainly had no intent on rejecting a generous offer from the kindly mare.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 3:22 am

"Confessionals were popular in the earlier days of our kingdom when the three tribes first united. Confessionals dedicated to us, as we still had religious importance to some ponies; an outdated idea and thankfully a dying one." Celestia recalled as the carriage pulled up to let the driver have a drink; outside the window Applejack and Sugary could see the shop where the bandits had captured Big Mac, with the front porch still badly damaged by Applejack's use of magic and the bandits themselves.

"Y'all reckon I should contribute somethin' to the repairs?" Applejack asked sheepishly, scratching the back of her neck with one hand. She shook Sugary to make him turn round and look at her rather than the princess for a second. "You're welcome in our house anytime par'ner, Appleoosa, Sweet Apple Acres, don't matter where, y'all tell 'em you're a friend of Applejack and anyone of us Apples'll put you up."

Celestia smiled serenely at the two before gently clearing her throat. "My driver appears to need a slight break, we have had a long journey from Canterlot. I would suggest the two of you take the opportunity to visit the saloon. Do bring me back an apple cider?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 4:54 am

Sugary lent an ear to Celestia's mention of history, though he had mixed feelings about hearing it. "An odd practice... Wonder what it must be like still living with that memory though... And yet, is she expecting me to say everything...? Hard to tell..." "Hopefully, what I have to say is nothing you'll have to worry about." And he meant it. Last thing he wanted for the mares to think he was trouble.

He chuckled a bit at Applejack's question. "Well... Just worry about it if anyone asks you for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if they got the prisoners to fix up the town..." The sudden shifting towards her was unexpected, but her hospitality was worth it as he kept beaming. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind..." More than simply finding the idea of having places to go to with good company to be a boon, his view on the apple farmer grew fonder of her kindness.

With Celestia's latest request, Sugary had no problem following through with it. "Oh, sure thing... Guess we may as well get some for the driver too while we're at it then." He felt quite odd having to move out from the luxurious carriage in the middle of the rustic town, but he was hardly complaining as he helped AJ down the wagon as well, both making their way towards the saloon.

Fortunately, it was early enough in the day that the saloon was as quiet as much of the town, even if there were curious eyes obviously fixated on the Royal visitor left and right. But that still made making an order for enough cider for a small group as simple as could be. It was now just a matter of time as the next batch was prepared slowly. "Mind the wait a bit. Apples have been a bit short on supply, so I gotta make sure every drop counts." was what they would hear from the bartender as he got to his job. With a mare in the corner playing a light tune on the piano, it was a decent time for small.

"... You know, as much as I'm aware of the dangers in the land, it's seeing you and the Princess that convinces me things around here are... quite peaceful all around. Sometimes I wonder if I should try getting a different job while I'm here. Being a Mercenary doesn't quite fill my pockets as much as I'd thought... Gotta earn experience and a bit of coin somehow..." He was partially thinking out loud, and partially talking to AJ. He then chuckled to himself as another thought occurred to him. "Or maybe I just have bad timing lately... How about you? How's life treating ya?"
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:17 pm

Applejack followed Sugary into the saloon, spitting into the spittoon at the entrance more out of habit than anything else. "Y'all fancy a cider?" She asked Sugary as they walked into the saloon and took seats waiting for the rest of their order as the bartender prepared enough ciders for their small group to take away. The farm mare listened to Sugary's thinking out loud with a thoughtful expression of her own, still surprised to see a mercenary in Equestria so openly in the first place.

"Welp that might be your problem sugarcube; there just ain't much goin' on in Equestria that folks would need a mercenary for. The sheriffs of Appleloosa and other towns'd welcome ya no doubt but there isn't much going for common folk right now." She told him as they waited. "Ya ever thought about asking the princess if she's got some positions open for guards?"
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:29 pm

"Well, I do like some ciders... as long as they're mild, and not spiked..." Sugary thought to himself for a moment about that. "Oh... Should I have...? Eh, I doubt the cider would be that strong anyway even if it were spiked around here. I'm not that lightweight... I think..."

After thinking he should be fine with the order, Applejack's argument about finding work as a Mercenary would certainly strike a cord with him, though the idea to ask Celestia herself for work was a different matter altogether. He remained rather quiet and thoughtful briefly, humming and pondering, before smiling at her. "Well, with the tasks you and your friends end up dealing with in record time, of course I can't find a job more suitable to my skills." He then chuckled lightheartedly. "... But I'm not complaining. I did say you're quite the courageous one. You and your friends have done much good for the land... As for the Princess... Trust me, I have thought about it; Many, many times even. But part of the reason I don't is... Well, you might find this silly, but I'm a little worried she won't trust me. Plus, the Royal Guard seem to have a methodology that's way different to what I'm used to. I doubt I'll have anywhere near the same freedom I have now..." He was lightly tapping the table by this point, still thinking on something even as he spoke. "... But if I was to really make a request... I would be honored if she accepted me as a Scholar. I am sure I could learn much from her and the so-called restricted libraries of Canterlot. Even the peace the land enjoys is still threatened from time to time, isn't it? I would do my part to learn how to thwart the threat of chaos as well, and pass my knowledge unto others in due time... Or just to polish my skills while making an honest living!" He chuckled again, but his expression went sheepish and his ears drooped ever so slightly as he looked to her again. "Ah... Sorry, didn't mean to be longwinded. But I am serious about the trust part. All my talent amounts to nothing if I do not meet the approval of others."
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 4:19 pm

"The princess don' just play one game sugarcube." Applejack assured him with a sip of her own cider. "If'n I tell you this ya can't be repeatin' it but the princesses have far more than just the Royal Guards to fall back on; Celestia's got more than a few former crooks lookin' to be less of a pile of varmints on her payroll and they do a lot for her that the royal guard either doesn't do or can't devote the time to."

The farmer mare took another swig as the bar staff prepared their larger order in the back room. "Trust me hun, the princess knows more than a bit about you mercenary types, especially the ones like yourself with more than a bit of a reasonable streak."

The farmer thought for a moment. "You know, I'm sure Princess Twilight would welcome you as a member of her own guard. She's still buildin' it up with the new castle, you could always room at Sweet Apple Acres while ya try out." She offered.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:36 pm

While waiting on the order after hearing Applejack's counseling, Sugary's ears perked up, his tail flicked, and his eyes glinted briefly as a smile blossomed upon his features once more. He began to mumble audibly as he crossed his arms and legs on the stool in deep thought. "... That's right...! New castle... New Princess... Gossip of guards already being thin in numbers because of the Crystal Empire..." He was beaming as he looked to AJ directly once more. "The Equestrian royalty may just have a new Knight with them after all! A chance to aid Celestia's prodigial pupil as reinforcements, still study magic, and..." He paused, not having overlooked the last part of her offer at all. "... Wide fertile lands, and good company..." He then continued. "... And staying at a small town that could start developing into something greater? I could hardly ask for more...! Well, after I get proper permission for it, of course." He looked right to the exit where Celestia waited. "... I get the feeling I should save the young Princess the trouble and see if I can't be commissioned by her senior in her place. Rumor is she has a lot to catch up on as is..."

Soon after, he again looked to AJ, uncurling his arms and legs, and looking more relaxed. "As for stay... I actually do have my mobile home for that, so you don't need to offer me bedding, though I greatly appreciate it." His expression softened up a bit more. "I'd still happily come by as a guest though. I could hardly refuse such a kind host."
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 12:50 am

"Well while you're yabberin' on about permissions and assignments partner, how about startin' with this one; so long as y'all don't go parking it on top o' any of our appletrees, you got permission to lay down your tentpoles or rudders or whatever's on that mobile home of your's at Sweet Apple Acres. It'll save y'all the local cost of putting down a temporary land stake anyhoo, that can cost a leg and a hoof depending on where ya wanna settle down, especially now that Ponyville's bustlin' with tourists coming to see the new castle."

Applejack finished off her cider with a huge gulp down of the last mouthful. "They oughta be done soon sugarcube, why don't ya go and get yer permissions from the princess and I'll bring the lunch?" Applejack offered as she saw the bar staff finishing up the order.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 1:26 am

Sugary was left staring at Applejack with a blank look at her proposition for his airship ahead of time. The more he thought on it, the more he recalled that the Apples were apparently known for being keen merchants in their own right, and if he was reading AJ right, she was being quite the friendly professional with him. He briefly opened his mouth partially, wanting to shower he insight with some praise, to tell her how much she reminded him of merchant friends and family back at home. Instead, he closed his mouth, smiled, got up and nodded, and then spoke to her briefly. "You didn't even think twice about that, did you...? Thank you. I'll go talk to the Princess then." He spoke softly, but gratitude was written all over his face as he moved away, still smiling.

He'd go outside, and would ask the guards to be let into the wagon to speak with Celestia alone while AJ brought the order herself. "Excuse me, Pr-... Princess Celestia? I was hoping I could make a request of you... An official request." His hesitation to not call the Princess without her title was an attempt to keep a professional decorum, if he was to ask something that involved work and her actual input as a Royal.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 9:03 pm

"I had hoped I made it clear before Mr Market that my title is not required when speaking to me as we are now." Celestia told him calmly, still relaxing in her luxurious wagon seat while her eyes seemed to observe every atom before her; there was something piercing about those ancient yet youthful eyes that seemed like it could see things in the most mundane and normal of places and ponies that no other being would even begin to imagine.

"An official request?" Celestia asked, with only a slight raise of her eyebrow. "You do recall that I am here on a social visit, correct?" She asked him with a mockingly stern look before smiling and waving her hand for him to continue.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Sugary took a moment to take a deep breath slowly before entering the wagon with Celestia as it was still quite overwhelming being so close to one such as her for him. Plus, he felt she didn't need for him to bask in her glory twice in one day if he could avoid it. He also briefly flinched at the reminder that she was on holiday, but remained calm and composed as he looked back at her with all the respect she deserved, even if she might very well be gazing his soul at that very moment despite her calm demeanor. "I am aware, and have not forgotten, but this is something I cannot ask of you without addressing you properly first. Please understand... I was having a talk with Miss Applejack about what sort of work I could be doing from this point on. I considered getting a job at Canterlot, but... She then also brought the fact that her friend, the young Princess Twilight, has virtually no direct help at her own castle aside from her friends. So what I'd like to request is this: I'd like for you to consider hiring me in her place to serve as her reinforcements, or her aide. Whichever you see fit..." He then smiled a bit more, hoping Celestia didn't think he was demanding something of her. "Of course, my real request you at least consider it, and give me the chance to make the deal proper later on. I don't expect you to actually tend to any official business yet. Just know that I'm making myself available."
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 4:14 pm

Celestia listened and nodded when it was appropriate to Sugary's explanation. She felt no need to interrupt him or ask for clarity, so she simply allowed the stallion to continue his talk and nod when it was needed to let him know she was paying attention to what he was asking of her. The fact he was so unsure around her compared to usual was a reminder of the separation that would always exist between Celestia and normal ponies but she didn't mind; it was instinct on the part of most ponies.

"I see...." Celestia said once he had finally finished and she had taken a few minutes to consider it. "Well then, I will need you to name your starting date." Celestia said in a business like tone as if she had already accepted his application... and from the look on her face she had done exactly that.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 5:21 pm

"Wuh-...?" Sugary was surprised at how Celestia already was asking about a starting date before anything else had been discussed. "Wait, you're ready to hire me already? Really? Er... I mean... Um... Wow..." Now he was starting to feel uncomfortable, but for a different reason as he looked between the floor in thought, and her face. Eventually, he smiled a bit, and his expression eased up somewhat as he stared right at her again. "I can see why Miss Applejack recommended I ask this of you, Celestia, you both get right to the po-... I mean, Princ-...! Agh... Everyone's so relaxed but me lately..." He was now holding back a chuckle. Perhaps Celestia would start to notice him getting more and more at ease being in her presence for a change, even if he felt conflicted between keeping up a professional decorum, and just plain being a grateful stallion for a job as he rubbed his chin in thought. "... Date! Right, the date. Well... The soonest would be once Miss Applejack returns to her home, and Princess Twilight has received word of me... Or I give her an official permit personally. Applejack offered me a place to stay at their farm, so it's best I arrive there once she intends to as well... Is that acceptable?"
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 12:31 am

Celestia seemed a little amused at Sugary being so surprised at her offering him the job of being a guard; most stallions were more reluctant these days after the events of the wedding of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Shining Armor, not to mention the attack by Tirek and Discord on the kingdom at large only a few months ago.

"It will be no issue to arrange accommodations if you should require any, if you've already made arrangements for that you only need let Princess Twilight know them once you start working for her; she will keep a note of where you set down roots in Ponyville so that she may contact you if you need to be found in a hurry during the off duty." Celestia said quickly, sure he could understand that without needing the point elaborated for him.

Celestia nodded to the doors where Applejack was carrying their order. "Perhaps a hand for the hard working mare would be appropriate." She suggested.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 12:53 am

Now Sugary was well and truly impressed with Celestia, giving her a pair of wide eyes full of wonder. He was fairly certain she had intended to hire him from the moment she heard of him. "You were that prepared!? Never mind what dangers the Royal Family of Equestria must face, having such an organized employer is a dream come true~!" He spoke rather wistfully, gracious that she was already ahead in terms of business, even if there were likely great risks to go along with it. It made work for him much more straightforward when arrangements were crystal clear, as it was his job to tackle tough situations most might buckle under anyway.

His ears then perked up as he looked outside, and quickly did as was asked as he opened the door to let Applejack in while the guards took their share of the order from her. "There you go. By the way, I just got the job! I'm glad I followed your advice!" He also extended his arms towards her to help her up into the wagon, as well as to take his own mug from her once possible. He also had the broadest smile he had in the day by far. Having a job worthy of his talents in a location full of all kinds of activity and stories from the past, present, and beyond was among the most he could ask for all at once. It seemed all that was left was for him to actually move and get started... But for now, it was time to relax some more till then.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 3:54 pm

"A thousand years of running the kingdom alone and managing the night and day for all of us does instill you with a slight sense of organisation, not that I am one to brag." Celestia agreed with a small smirk and a playful wink. "But it would be unfitting of a princess of Equestria to boast of such things, so I'll just settle for the knowledge that I am apparently impressive to our mystery stallion." She added with a chuckle before waving Sugary off to help Applejack.

"That's fantastic sugarcube!" Applejack seemed very happy, and when Sugary reached his arms out instead of giving him something to carry to orange mare pulled him into a rib crushing but clearly well meaning hug. "Told ya the princess had an eye for ponies who deserve a fine cut, you'll be getting commendations from Twilight in no time guaranteed." She assured him, finally releasing her hug and giving him his mug. "The offer to park your hover thing on our spare acres still stands." She added, not totally sure exactly what it was he flew; she was more familiar with wagons and trains than flying craft.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Market
Admin
Admin
Mr. Market

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Celestia's teasing had not gone unnoticed by Sugary in the least, making him chuckle even. If the Diarch had hoped to meet more that treated her less like divinity and more like a mare, she was winning him over with her pleasantly casual charm.

Instead, he had a harder time grasping Applejack the moment she hugged him tight. He hadn't expected that from her just from announcing her idea worked, which made him briefly wonder what she was really so happy about; Himself being closer? Twilight having some reinforcements? Or perhaps she was just that cheery and he was still getting used to it. Her vice grip might was expected though, but at least it was pleasant as he lightly gasped for air but then returned the hug in kind as he was fortunately tough enough for her. "Hah haa... Goodness! I haven't had someone be that happy for a job I got. Not even family, they worry half the time instead..." Whatever her reasons were, AJ was certainly being a big motivator for going through with the job, and Celestia was still her pleasant self, so he considered himself very fortunate at that moment as he still decided to help her up before grabbing his own mug.

He smiled while sitting down again, slowly taking in the bittersweet feeling of the cider, gasping with delight right after. "Aaah~... And thank you, Miss Applejack. It's really not much bigger than Braeburn's place, so it shouldn't take up too much empty space." And so, he began to just enjoy the company and drink quietly.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 4:23 pm

"Well considering your jobs seem to involve getting shot at, I can see why they might worry hun." Applejack said with an understanding smile at his family's concerns about his choice of job. "Still, I reckon you're just what Twilight needs; she's tried out a few guards but so far only a few of them have really clicked with her and we only really know one of em. Celestia says you need to feel like you can trust and befriend the ponies you choose to guard y'all, and I reckon she's got a mighty bit of wisdom in those words." 

The earth pony loaded their orders into the carriage, where the princess was already helping herself to one of the non-alcoholic ciders. Applejack herself happily popped the lid on one of the harder drinks they had brought and settled back down in her seat, patting the one next to her for Sugary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sugarcubes (Private)   Sugarcubes (Private) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sugarcubes (Private)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next