OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Adept

The Adept

A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Empty
PostSubject: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 7:50 pm

Bouncing along the old grey cobble stone path your black carriage traveled; you could tell that the road hadn’t been serviced in some time but to your left the bright orange rays of the setting sun gave its few last glimmers before disappearing behind the mountains’ tall, white-crested peaks. Peeking out the window straight ahead is a large entrance surrounded by swamps and overgrown trees that most likely hid menacing creatures from sight. You continue along till the entrance looms over you before you notice details on the obsidian rock carved into a large gate way, two towers stand on either side as you travel under a stone bridge connecting the towers but gargoyles a plenty cover the sides of the towers each with ghastly features containing horrified ponies. A cave looms overhead as you travel into the darkness below.

The carriage continued onwards without stopping even in the pure darkness whatever drove the carriage sped in the darkness. Only after what seemed forever did a faint green light emanate deep from within the cave. Turning the corner and pushing past some stone pillars did a wondrous and yet horrifying sight of a castle in the dim neon green light flowing off the castle towers. Above the dimness and darkness there was a hole in the cavern roof where the moon seemed to cast through the roof somehow yet the carriage continued up a far more paved road till you see a front gate looming over your carriage. The strangely shaped entrance sort of like a church opening but oozing the same neon green light from the large stained glass window on the front. Outside the steps a dark figure wearing his fancy yet conserved in nature. His black mane follows lightly in the wind, interlocking his fingers right in front of his chest. Black’s purple eyes looked across the carriages that pulled up to his home

Unlocking one hand he motioned to them to come forward up the staircase to join him. Along the front doors were two sewn up ponies dressed in fairly nice clothing standing guard with giant cleavers in their hands. Black rose took two steps down the obsidian staircase and opened his arms to greet them, “Welcome my lords and ladies to Castle Euthoria, it is my extreme pleasure to introduce myself as Black Rose La Shade, owner of this fine castle.” He took a small bow towards them though lifting back up swifty “I can tell you are all quite excited for this party, it would be no less for me to say the same, regardless I hope you all enjoy your night here.” He turned on his heel and began to walk up the stairs and past the zombies who gave a few passing by moans. This would let his guest get acquainted before arriving at the ball room.

Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:24 pm

((Before I join this, can I just clarify that this thread is anthro?))

ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 4:09 pm

A stallion in a midnight blue, three piece suit was the first to exit the carriage, tipping his wide brimmed hat to Black politely before following him. The earth pony stallion had a light brown coat while his mane, which was fairly long for a stallion but neatly combed, was such a dark brown that it almost seemed black in the low lighting; he gave the zombies a very cautious look and made a point to stay as far away from arm's reach as he could.

"Is this really necessary?" He asked Black as he ascended the stairs, speaking in a high class Trottingham accent. "I assure you my good sir I'm perfectly able to find my own way around."

"Oh lighten up dad." A small thestral mare practically bounced up to him; the mare was tiny, barely taller than five foot tall and like her father dressed to the nines in a bright pink tuxedo and top hat. The mare's white coat was as bright and clear as winter snow and her pink mane was tied into a long braid going down her back. "Mr Black, why where we invited by the way?" Purse Cutter asked as she tried to pull her dad along by the arm; her mismatched eyes, one green and one pink, were glancing around with curiosity like a cat.

Still in the carriage sat a zebra who was peering out of the door with obvious anxiety. The zebra male oddly had dark brown stripes as opposed to the typical black for his species and was dressed much more simply than the two ponies who had exited ahead of him in a simple black dress shirt and smart trousers. His brown mane was very long and fell past his shoulders but he seemed reluctant to leave the carriage.

WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 1:03 pm

A single stallion, a unicorn with a light brown coat of fur, an extremely dark green mane speckled with red spots and a rather extravagant dress sense sat next to a mare who shared a similar dress sense, but had a white coat of fur and a blue crystalline mane. The stallion wore a seemingly outdated, but expensive looking overcoat, gloves, a pair of fancy trousers and a nice pair of boots. He also smelled of expensive perfumes. The mare wore an old, but very well kept formal archivist uniform with the addition of a personal hat. The stallion spoke first, leaning towards the mare. "Diamond...are you sure it was appropriate to wear your archivist uniform?" The mare looked back at him, sighing. "Bloodstone, I may dress how I feel if it's deemed appropriate. Hold your comment."

When the carriage stopped, Bloodstone would turn back to Diamond, waiting for the earth pony and the thestral to go first, before stepping out of the carriage, then helping Diamond out of it. Diamond held onto Bloodstone's hand, following him and keeping her hat tilted down somewhat. Bloodstone seemed to walk with a limp, and he would look at the zombies and sigh, turning to Black Rose. "Are these servants completely necessary? I'm sure a pony of your wealth could get better preserved corpses. These are just a shame."

Diamond would tilt her hat up somewhat, watching the thestral and her 'father' like a hawk. There was something strange and somewhat eerie about her strange, piercing blue eyes. In fact, both of the ponies were some sort of feeling of 'off' about them, but even the most perceptive of ponies wouldn't be able to place it.

The Adept

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 9:31 pm

Black Rose continued up the stairs and past the entrance. Entering a long corridor filled with oil paintings of what looked like grim ponies staring down on the occupants; many of those ponies were finely dressed yet have somewhat anger looks on their faces bathed in the light neon green light filtering through the many grim images on the stained glass windows lining the edges of the ceiling. He turned his head towards hoodwink with no emotion on his face as he spoke in a slightly annoyed tone, “It would be better if you followed me… there are some things inside this castle that likes to remain hidden. You shouldn’t wander here, lest you might disturb something that doesn’t want to be disturbed.” He stopped in front of a side a stained glass image of the castle and Black Rose standing in the stained glass window. He turned towards Purse Cutter with a slight smile on his face, “Oh you guys were invited because this place can get a little bit… lonely and tends brings its own set of madness that comes along.”  Though he continued to point at the the stained glassed window, “Don’t be mean to my zombies… I chose to make them that way as a symbol of fear and they were made in a certain way that have explosive qualities  Bloodstone. Be a little careful.”

Black Rose turned further to face Diamond and Purse Cutter while his eyes flickered over to Blood stone and hoodwink. “You were all invited for certain reasons, mostly to get rid of some loneliness and provide some gifts for you ladies and lords... “ he let a smile grace his lips and he his tone was greatly welcoming while the corridor seemed down to go down for a long time but another large door stands in the way but in the background you could hear slight moans in agony that echoed in pain. Something about this place was off yet Black Rose was warm and welcoming.

Down near the zebra the ghosts began to peer through the windows and surrounding the carriage till the only path to safety was towards the castle. Their ghastly features with their boned soulless eyes of the tortured dead hovered nearby. All manner of torture tools were draped on them, a slight eerie white light glowing from each of them making a wall for any who were left to lead them into the castle.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Hoodwink eyed the door with a curious expression while Purse quickly pressed her sensitive bad ears up against it. "You know normally I'm all for moans all night but these ones don't sound like a good friday nigt; sounds more like an average night in the Canterlot dungeons to me." Purse remarked, sweeping her hat off of her head and producing a lockpick from it; she had actually gotten to the point of beginning to pick the lock when Hoodwink laid his hand on her shoulder and shook his head as if she was a little filly trying to pocket sweets at Sugarcube Corner, not a mare in her early twenties trying to invade someone's privacy.

Back in the carriage, the brown and white zebra Mezzotint was practically shaking the seat from nerves as the ghouls gathered around the carriage, peering in with long dead eyes, their bodies wrapped in ancient devices. "S-s-so...." He began, looking at his fellow remaining passengers. "L-Ladies first." He stammered.

Star Sentinel

Star Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 12:06 am

A brown pegasus mare sat in the carriage, rubbing her arms and taking deep breaths. A simple light blue dress adorning her body. Her green mane, neatly combed and styled, hung down past her shoulders. Why oh why did she ever get invited to this party...and why oh why did she ever accept that invite? She shook her head and told herself why. She was too much of a book worm and needed to get out...Probably not this spooky eerie castle but she didn't really have a choice now did she. She looked at the castle then gulped.

And then that's when the ghosts came...and looked into the carriage. She began shaking just as much as the zebra in the carriage with her. She stared at the zebra as he said ladies first. Sure that was true...but not in this kind of situation! She shook her head vigorously at him then thought about it once again. Let him go first and leave her in the carriage alone...or go first and run away form the ghosts up to the castle. She quickly made her decision and whimpered slightly. She jumped out of the carriage and flew straight for the castle as fast as she could. Oh how she wasn't going to read horror stories or books about the supernatural for a long while.
Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 9:15 am

The other passenger in the carriage with the brown pegasus mare and Mezzotint had remained quite during the entire passage to the castle, neither engaging in conversation nor even showing her face underneath a very broad-brimmed scarlet red hat which she kept tilted downwards. Her relaxed posture strongly suggested that she was sleeping and even as the ghouls surround the carriage and peer inside, she remains quite relaxed and comfortable. Her clothes strongly suggest some kind of nobility, what with the long red robes matching the hat, expensive trousers and lacy white shirt, fine strong boots, and fashionable white gloves on her hands. The only things about her that hint at her being much more than she appears is a battered-looking wrought-iron lantern that she never permits to stray more than an inch or so from a hand, and a misicord hanging around her neck like a necklace, the handle and blade creating a cross for anyone who's paying attention.

"Fear not the dead recalled to life against their will," she says, her voice smooth and very slightly resonant, the voice of a mare accustomed to speaking forcefully and confidently, and whatever she has to say being taken very seriously indeed. "Were they a danger, we would immediately know, for the dead have no will or mind but for the flesh of the living and left to their own devices, they  would attempt to feast. That naught but these poor wretches should come to greet us is his confidence that we will act properly in all of this. I should not object to your courtesy that I leave this carriage before you, but I am comfortable where I am and have no fear for my future. You ought pretend that they are but ornaments that move about as the puppet-master desires."

She now stands, still stooping to avoid striking herself on the head until she's safely out. With her hat pulled up, that she's wearing a white mask that conceals everything but her eyes and general facial structure. The mask is of an owl and fits perfectly over her face, as if it was crafted specifically for her. She looks back at the zebra still inside. "There's safety in numbers, so let us join for this purpose."
Back to top Go down
Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 4:21 pm

When another carriage finally arrived and stopped, it took a bit of time before the doors opened up. When they finally did, out stepped a rather tall figure with a long tail of a shark. She was wearing a simple t-shirt and a short skirt of the same green color, and along with that a hooded cloak, but her clothing couldn't hide the fact that she was indeed, a sharkgirl. She made a few steps forward before stopping, admiring the sight before her and beginning to get closer to the group. Naina was not sure whether this was just a normal party or a halloween-themed party with cool visuals, and she was also questioning why did she of all nobles get the invite. She was probably the least noble person of all those invited.

WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Bloodstone sighed, shaking his head as he continued to hold the lead. "I would expect a modicum of respect for the dead from someone else who understands the art of necromancy, but I guess you lack that. Still...you are the host, and I shall respect your manner." He said, still following along with Black Shade and keeping Diamond close.

Diamond continued watching Purse, and frowned when she was trying to pick the lock. "That's very...disrespectful of you. Who taught you manners?" She seemed somewhat miffed at the thestral, and was about to make a move before Bloodstone tapped the tip of her horn, causing her to flinch slightly. Bloodstone made his move, whispering something in her ear to make her calm down. Diamond, now in a calmer state, decided to ask her question. "What exactly do these gifts entail? It sounds like this place isn't that welcoming in all honesty."

Midnightblossom

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 3:47 pm

One of the carriage’s arrived slightly behind, a thestral quickly opening the door. She was wearing a short blue dark blue dress, very similar to her own coat colour, while her dress had shimmering silver spots hanging over it. Midnight looked out at the castle with her amber eyes, frowning slightly. So this was the necromancers house? It looked impressive enough, though the files she’d read back at the capital failed to mention the zombies. Her hand went to the handbag hanging from her shoulder, which inside contained two switch blade knifes, the lunar’s guards emergency weapons in case this party took a bad turn. Still, the Thestral hoped that was not the case and the captains worries were simply speculation.

She brushed some of her mane out of her face, before taking a step forwards, taking a quick look around the others. But her ears perked up hearing someone mentioning how the zombies were harmless, her eyes focusing on a brown Pegasus. Interesting, perhaps she was worth paying attention too? In her thought, the Thestral hadn’t moved an inch from her original position, before finally starting to walk forwards, heading towards the castle, her amber eyes locked onto the host. What did this ‘Black Rose’ have in store for them?
Back to top Go down
The Adept

The Adept

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Not distracted for a minute by Purse's attempts to pick the locks on one of the wooden doors off to the side. Black Rose raised his hand and gestured everyone to gather around him while the hall would carry his voice to the other guests coming this way. "Welcome all to Castle Euthoria... Now I imagine your trip must have left you many questions and most likely empty stomachs but try to understand this, my home often grows lonely so I decided to fill it with company for one night and see some new faces around here but as long the night remains young let us enjoy one another's company." His white smile pireced his coal black fur till he frowned at Boodstone, "For your information... Those zombies are a product of those who cross me, they don't tell tales and only do what I say since having no brain often leads to problems." Tapping his head a few times.

Sighing once and rolling his eyes, his face twisted in a slightly annoyed fashion. Turning around and hitting his hoof on the stone wall a few times, "Hey! Change the Tune a bit, something Classy and not spooky." The moans silenced to be instantly replaced by a somber song, a harpsichord playing with a set of horns in the back. Turning back to the group, "Sorry, you give spectres a freedom and they can only spook others, now onto the gifts... For all coming I have here a small goody bag for each of you." A wooden bench holding eight brown paper bags with a different magical symbol on each floated down from the ceiling and set itself down right next to them. Inside each bag would be some red wrapper chocolates, a glass bottle filled with red liquid and a label, "Richard Thomas  Y 1674," white bead necklaces carrying a small skull as the middle pendant and a golden ring with a large clear gem in the middle of the ring."

Black Rose picked up two bags and proceeded to pass them around while they waited for the others. Waiting for them to ask was what this was all about before actually telling them what was happening here though this night would be fun and that kept him going very happy. Motioning to them to open their bags to see what was inside for them. A smile still spread across his face.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
DualThrone
Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 1:18 am

The mare in the very broad scarlet hat and the long red robes walks up to the rest of the group, principally Bloodstone, and silently watches as Black Rose makes his small speech of welcome, explaining the dead and castigating some of them for being disturbing instead somberly welcoming. "Then it is you who are the master of puppets, pulling the strings," she comments in that very lightly resonant voice, holding the battered lantern loosely at her side and looking at him with a mane of gold framing inky blue and intensely amethyst eyes. "But you speak true, that those with neither mind nor wills, feeling neither hate nor love, neither breathing nor truly seeing, would wear as company and sharpen the knife of biting loneliness and solitude. I doubt I shall ever understand those that trifle with the sheeted dead, causing them to gibber and squeak as they go about their unending desecration. Faint echoes of their souls in the very air about us, resonating with the music that once trembled in tune with the life that made it. I hope it does not offend you that I prefer the music that springs of the living heart overflowing with the fragrance of creation, although this music is also beautiful."

She accepts the bag from Black Rose and looks inside. She tilts her head as she pulls out each item of the gifts in turn and looks them over curiously, before returning them to the bag and looking askance at Black. "Red liquid in a bottle, chocolates, bones and the skull, and a diamond on a gold band." She lifts the ring up and turns so that the nearest source of light is shining through the gem, rotating and moving it about as she examines how the light reflects off the surface and off the minuscule internal facets of the gem. "I should hope this isn't a sick joke, a bottle of an unfortunate's blood magically preserved in a bottle and masquerading as wine. I will not countenance such a cruel prank from any, especially one who molds dead to his will."
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Tea Leaf gave a respectful tip of his hat in gratitude for the bags as he looked at what they had been presented, deciding to immediately put the jewllery on to not be rude; he made a point of putting the ring on his left hand, as his right hand already had a ring on his ring finger, a celtic knot ring forged from what looked like silver, the middle section made to resemble two hands tenderly clutching the amethyst jewel embedded in it.

"Mmm..." Purse looked almost disappointed as she slipped her ring on. "You know it's actually kinda almost insulting to give stuff away to a thief right?" She asked jokingly, not really meaning it; she would never object to free stuff.

Purse Cutter had just tipped her hat to the newcomers in welcoming when Mezzotint smashed into her, sending both of them to the floor as, judging from his panting, the zebra had sprinted all the way from the carriages out of fear. He helped the mare up and retreated behind Tea Leaf with a blush, getting no comfort from the older stallion who seemed to be eyeing up the newcomers.

"Yeah? Eh, respect isn't a very valuable commodity anyway these days; gold and treasure tend to make friends a lot easier than respect." Purse remarked back to Diamond with a cheeky smirk, and yet bizarrely she also offered a handshake at the same time as her remark. "Hoodwink, at your service."

Her father gave an odd twitch when she introduced herself although that might have been because he had just seen Naina walk up to the group. He quickly moved himself away from Purse sideways, moving himself in such subtle ways that it was easy to miss that he had even moved until he stood right next to Naina.

Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Naina did not open the gift bag. Too much about this was suspicious. Why was she suddenly invited to a party hosted by someone she has never heard of? The smile on Black Rose's face gave her the goosebumps, and the magical symbol on the bag she was given made her want to give it back to the host. A part of her mind was telling her to set the bag down somewhere inside the castle and leave it there for anyone other than her to take it if needed, while the other part of her mind was telling her to be curious and open it up anyway. Before the sharkgal decided what to do, she looked at others to see what would they be getting in their bags, and seeing at least two get the exact same stuff, she made her final decision on not opening the bag. It would give her bad feelings, but at the current moment, she couldn't really care much about a random castle-owning necromancer.

Naina continued staying silent, making sure her cloak stayed on and covered her body, but looked curiously at Tea Leaf who somehow appeared next to her. Swift and sneaky movement, Naina had to admit that he was good.

WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Bloodstone set his face in his hand, sighing deeply, before gracefully receiving a gift bag, and passing another to Diamond. He had smudged a bit of the makeup he was having to wear to keep up that almost perfect appearance, before lightly cursing under his breath when he realized a mare was standing next to him. He listened to her intently, before smiling lightly. "That was quite the artistic way of expressing an opinion. Are you a poet of some sort....Miss...?" The noblestallion appeared to be interested in the lantern-carrying mare

Diamond Mind took her gift bag, looking in it, before looking back and seeing Bloodstone distracted. She frowned at Purse, before putting a dainty white glove on and shaking Purse's hand. "Lady Diamond Mind, Esquire, Scion of House Myalo, blah, blah....blah." She tilted her hat down with her glove free hand. "Good lord, I'm shaking hands with a thief. What am I eve- Oh right. Rebelling a tad bit. Shall we find somewhere to talk and look through the gift bag?"

Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 12:17 am

"If it's true that I'm a poet, I most assuredly do not know it," the mare replies with a smile. "I cannot claim any special training in the art of verse or stanza, or any inclination in that direction either. But I was fortunate in my schooling, as I came under the care and instruction of several teachers who had gone grey and white with age and as stallions and mares of a generation twice previous mine, they had been compelled to learn and learn to celebrate numerous great works of fiction, of verse, and of philosophy. Being decidedly 'outdated', they passed this celebration on to the victims of their anachronism and in so doing, educated the entire lot of us in what art and beauty sound like when written down, and also in the habits of mind necessary to understand the arguments of exceptionally brilliant minds as to what is good and evil, and what is proper and otherwise. In short, sir, I am the product of a classical liberal education and the words I choose and how I say them reflects this. It is true that my speech is artistic and somewhat poetic, but it comes of becoming accustomed to being 'spoken' to in that fashion by the books I was required to read." She extends the hand not holding the lantern to Bloodstone. "Miss Lunara Dray, sir. And may I ask your own name?"
Back to top Go down
The Adept

The Adept

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 8:08 pm

The halls echoed their conversations so no matter how they whispeared, everyone could hear whatever they were saying. Black Rose chuckled to himself as they searched through their goody bags but he raised a hand to point the attention to him. Levitating the last bag over to his side, digging inside and withdrawing the red wrapper chocolates. Holding this up the chocolates for all to see. "These here are teleportation chocolates... If you would like to return here or if you think there is a pinch. Just pop a chocolate into your mouth." He unwrapped the chocolate, tossing it into his mouth. A white light enveloped him, pulling him up and vanishing. A few seconds later he appeared a few feet behind a stone column. "Woosh off you go!" He smiled warmly placing the rest in the bag.

He showed the bottle to all of them. Pulling the cork out and taking a swig of the red liquid. He wipped his mouth of any excess yet he spoke, "I recommend you all take a bit since this is an Anti-semination potion that will protect you if anything should happen and it is quite sweet, reminds me of cherry." He put the bottle on the table to draw out the necklace. "A protection charm against creatures of the darkness that might lurk." Pulling out the gold band ring and tapping the ring three times, "Avoral." The right flourished to light, brightening the room up by a few degrees. "A magic right that you must tap three times and say the magic word Avoral... If you want it to turn off then kiss it." Raising the ring to his lips and kissing it the light went out.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Tea Leaf waited while their host talked, letting a few moments pass before he decided to talk to the woman in the cloak instead of just walking right up and getting right into introductions. 

"It seems more than a few around here are eager to keep themselves concealed." Tea Leaf observed under his breath to Naina, looking at her and the lantern carrying pony who had walked up to them; his own hat also hid most of his face when he tipped it to her as a polite greeting, which had the effect of making sure he was never looking anyone in the eyes when he greeted them. "Tea Leaf, a pleasure." He offered, holding out his hand. "Still feels odd using my honest name, but the Hoodwink name no longer belongs to me." He shrugged.

Purse Cutter meanwhile was actually paying attention to their host... sort of. "Hey, if it helps you're shaking hands with the best thief in the history of Equestria." Purse boasted with her usual cocky, almost slightly manic, smirk.

"I heard that." Tea Leaf called from where he stood.

"I know." Purse replied uncaringly as she continued to shake hands with Diamond. "And I do believe our host is saving us the trouble, but I won't object to slipping into the shadows." Purse whispered.

Mezzotint had immediately pulled on both the ring and the skull pendant; while the zebra was still highly unnerved by the very nature of this place the protective artifacts served to calm him a little. Necromancy was a highly dangerous and largely forbidden art amongst his people... to see such casual use of it greatly disturbed him but he did his best to put on a brave face and speak up.

"Lunara Dray?" He asked the strange mare. "An interesting name, if you don't mind my saying so... sorry, I'm butting in aren't I?" He interrupted himself, slinking back against the wall; despite looking like a burly, powerful zebra, he seemed very shy.

Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:56 am

Naina carefully listened and observed as their host demonstrated what each of the items in their bag do, but did not tell what did the mysterious rune on the bag itself mean. "So, to be safe in this castle we must dress up in possibly cursed jewelry and drink possibly poisoned blood. I see." Naina silently said to herself. Then again, what could possibly be more cursed than the castle itself and its host? She kept her bag closed and nearly untouched for the time being.

The cloaked sharkgal very slightly jumped as Tea Leaf spoke to her. "Concealed? I suppose so. It's a shame I couldn't find a bigger cloak, this one just barely covers my body..." she answered softly before shaking Tea's hand. "Naina." she only said before sighing and looking back at Black Rose. She did not trust him a single bit, hell, she wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that he was a murderer.

WiserOdin032402

WiserOdin032402

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2015 1:38 pm

Bloodstone calmly listened to the mare, smiling one of the first genuine smiles he had had in a while. "Well then, that's extremely interesting. I would have liked to have seen them in person, but something tells me I'll have better luck with the fruit of their labor." He extended his hand, shaking Lunara's. "I'm Sir Haematites Myalo, but sensible ponies call me Bloodstone. I'm a knight in the traditional sense that I'm bound to protect someone." He glanced over at the zebra, sighing lightly. "That was very rude of you, whoever you are. Since I don't know the rules of this establishment, consider this a warning, and nothing else." He turned back to Lunara, before glancing in his gift bag. "Well...our host certainly has strange plans for us..."

Diamond chuckled at Purse, especially when she heard the thestral's....father? Speak up. "Looks like you've learned from someone else. Not that I object to the position of being a student. Even powerful mages have to learn from someone." She looked around, before finding a hallway and leading Purse over to it and away from the crowd. "Now then...Let's have a little chat..."

Admin
Admin
DualThrone

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 6:24 pm

"Bloodstone." Lunara nodds as she shakes his hand. "And yes, it appears that our host has good intentions at the very least, even if his home is filled with especially deep shadows yawning from even the meanest lack of light. His trinkets of protection are certainly a kindness, and I shall be glad for them in my near future. I hesitate to depend overmuch on my own defenses and signs, lest they be used more oft than prudent, and word of them goes ahead of me instead of them being manifest when the hour is too late for them to be anticipated."

She chuckles a little as she hears Purse's boast. "The best thief in all Equestria are you? I dare lay my head as wager that I've heard of a better, one that takes the title of 'Hoodwink'. A gentlepony in all but birth, daring and genteel and rumors say an adventurer of no small accomplishment. So many of his exploits became matters for my courtroom, and none of them resolved to the satisfaction of those who already had such great wealth that what they lost was little more than face. Fortunate that none of those exploits brought the impoverished, the downtrodden, the sickly or the afraid to me, however."

Her expression darkens. "I'd have good reason to a quarrel with him then. Picking at the pride of those puffed up in their own imagined importance is one matter, easily tolerated and perhaps even bemused at. But to take from the weak is cruel; upon those the hammer of justice falls hardest and with greatest cause." The dark look vanishes and she looks very pointedly at Purse. "See that you remember that, 'greatest thief'. Life may be a grand adventure of laughter and daring, but there is no mercy, nor kindness to the wrong-doing when those deeply wounded cry to be avenged of their adversary."

She keeps the firm and steady look on Purse for several moments before breaking into a smile and giving the small mare a wink before she turns her attention to the seemingly shy zebra who'd asked after her name. "And yes, Lunara Dray is an interesting name. Pretentious of course, a blatant reference to the glorious and beautiful princess of the night and moon. As I said, my parents were ambitious for I and my sister and named us accordingly. I should like to think I live up to the name and by honoring it, subtly praise the princess whose name it is closest to. There is glory in the sun and its tender heat and light, but I find the silver of the eve and the glowing moon to be the more breathtaking."
Back to top Go down
The Adept

The Adept

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Not distracted for a second he motioned to his right. Turning to some doors down the middle of the column hallway, a red carpet along the path to the dinning room. Walking onto the carpet, he motioned to the others to follow him "Come now, dinner is this way and I imagine that the trip left you quite famished, let us enjoy a little food and drink in the meantime." Starting down the pathway he walked determined to the door. His motions quick and he reached the end of the hallway in a few minutes. Turning around he gestered with both his hands raised, "now if any of you are going to wander off then follow the black carpet to the bedrooms," pointing to the carpet on his left. The black felt carpet, laced along the edges with golden vines and Leaves down through a stone archway and into another hallway. On either side of the hallway is six rroms all guest bedrooms. Each door having a lable for empty and full plus each door had three lovely silver bars across and a waist high handle. Further along was a large staircase leads down the castle yet no carpet down that way.

To everyone he motioned forward, opening the door. His horn glowed with his magical aura around the handle to force the door open on its rusty hinges revealed bright candle light filtering through the doorway. Inside was a long room, a large straight table with a white table cloth spread across the aged mahogany table. Hanging high above the table was three crystal chandlers shaped into two ring circles with topaz between the top and bottom golden circle. On the table laid several fountains lightly dripping chocolate down its sides. Next to those fountains are large bouquet creating a festive array of different fruits on sticks for dipping. All different fruits of all different kinds including tropical and cold weather.

Along the great display was a full set of dishware in a older fashion and two wine glasses to each place. A small salad right next to each plate comprised of many leafy greens plus a few mandarin oranges with a light rasberry vinaigrette. Black Rose stepped inside, "Take a seat anywhere, just nor the head." He stepped over to the head of the table, resting his hands rest on the large red velvet chair. Each chair would be quite comfortable and a lovely red velvet on each.
Back to top Go down
ObsidianPony
Admin
Admin
ObsidianPony

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 1:23 pm

Tea Leaf chuckled as Lunara lectured Purse Cutter on the exploits of Hoodwink and boasting. "Indeed Purse, you would do well to remember that the legends of Hoodwink still exceed you right now." He told her, with an oddly satisfied looking grin on his face; he quickly wiped the smirk away and turned back to Naina. "If I might ask, why would you wish to be concealed?" He asked her as he began to follow Black Rose. "I know the benefits of concealment well, I'm just curious what your reason is..."

"Our culture honors Nightmare Moon and Princess Luna in equal measure." Mezzotint admitted quietly as he followed behind Lunara. "It is believed that Princess Luna provides us the night time and that Nightmare Moon provides us dreams of both good and bad." It was odd that he spoke of Zebrican beliefs and yet he seemed to speak with a mostly Canterlot accent except for emphasising his r's more than a pony would.

Purse Cutter meanwhile had followed directly behind Black Rose and observed the carpets he gestured to. She might have been a brilliant thief and adventurer but she wasn't subtle, anyone could tell she was planning when would be the best time to ignore the host's instructions and wander off. Evidently she decided it wasn't now as she followed the host to the dining room and instantly sat at the head of the table; even when he told them not to sit at the head it took several moments before Purse shrugged and sat herself in the seat closest to the head instead, licking her sharp fangs.

Xereth

Xereth

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 1:34 pm

Naina sighed at Tea Leaf's question about concealment. "I am appreciated where I live and work, everyone accepted my looks and are fond of having me there. The reason for my concealment is that I am afraid of what others who not yet know of me and my appearance will think about it. I believe it is rather unusual for a sea creature to be walking on two legs and all that." She explained to Tea Leaf, the only person in this whole group that she at least somewhat trusted. She sighed again, murmured something about 'needing bigger cloak to cover her all' while following their host to the dining room. Naina hesitated before picking a random seat, as far away as possible from Black Rose.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)   A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Euthoria Castle Party (Semi-Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next