OCRoleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A My Little Pony based Free-form roleplaying site, a place for your Original MLP Characters to call home.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Taking a break?; Absence Anouncements
"That's one small step for man, one... STOP POKING ME!"

Interviews

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 9:22 pm

On a train coming from Manehattan sat a dark Blue earth pony stallion with a messy red and orange mane who wore a brown vest, black treble, and sunglasses gazed thoughtfully out the window.

This was an odd assignment to be given. Why did his chief suddenly care about the "simple" country ponies? Ignoring the use of the word "simple" when speaking about them, why him of all ponies?

He was positive somepony else could have handed this better than him. A sigh escaped his jaw, lightly tapping his pen on the table.

"Maybe it's because of my last article?" Quick Snap mused, placing a hoof under his jaw.  "Of course it wasn't that! It was a brilliant article! The topic of bit inflation is a serious one that affects all ponies!" He shouted, hesitantly standing up.  "It would be a crime if I didn't write about it! Such a thing needs to be known to the general public!!" Noticing the eyes of the other passengers where on him, Quick Snap cleared his throat and returned to his sit.

"Still...this shouldn't be a difficult story to write. I'll have it finished in a week. No! Three days!"  He loudly stated, rising from his seat once more.

"So...Where am I going, again?"  He grabbed his knapsack and drug around for a few brief moments before bringing out his assignment.

"Hm...Ponyville?"

[Several hours later]

The train came to a halt at the station. the passengers collect there belongs and began to pour out. Quick Snap being one of the first out. Giving his stiff neck a small rub. He was no fan of long train rides. He slowly trotted out of the station and into the small, rural village. Taking in the fresh, clean country air, he sighs in relief.

Maybe this wouldn't be such a bad assignment after all.

As he walked, he took in the surrounding and the ponies. He scanned the crowd, looking for a pony he could interview when a low rumbling from his stomach broke his train of thought.

"Right. I haven't eaten since I left. Hm..." Quick looks around the crowded market until his eye fell upon an apple stall.
Back to top Go down
http://onxykaizoku.tumblr.com
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 3:28 am

Luckily for Quick, the apple stall he happened to spot was right next to him. Hence why his rumbling stomach could be heard by the farm pony manning the stall, despite the noise level of the general area. The earth pony chuckled at him.

"You sound mighty hungry." she said. "An apple might help that." She winked, in a friendly way.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 3:30 am

"Uh..Hehe. Thanks." Quick chuckled sheepishly, walking towards the stall. "So...how much for a dozen apples?" He asks the farm pony, adjusting his hat.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:16 am

Applejack's eyes widened for a moment, but then she just chuckled again. "Boy, you are hungry, aren't you?

"10 bits for a dozen apples." She held out a hoof.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:20 am

Quick gave another chuckle, his cheeks becoming flushed as he dug in the from pocket of his vest. Producing 10 bits, he passed them to the mare in front of him. "Here you are, Miss?"
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:41 am

"Applejack." Applejack finished for him. "You got a bag or somethin' to hold all them apples in?"
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:46 am

"I do, thanks." Quick tipped his hat, placing the apples in his bag. As he walks away from the stall, he pauses, slightly turning back to the mare.

"Um...Miss. Applejack? Might I ask inquire about something?"
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 2:31 am

"Sure, partner." Applejack responded.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 2:36 am

"You by chance wouldn't happen to know where I can find a hotel, would you?" Quick asked.
Back to top Go down
veryveryfluttershy

veryveryfluttershy

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 10:46 pm

"Just down the street, over there." Applejack pointed in the general direction, opposite of where Quick had come from.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:16 am

"Thank you once more, Miss." With another tip of his hat, the stallion departed.

"What a nice mare." He said aloud to no one. "And rather pretty if I say so myself." After a few minutes of walking, Quick came upon a small build with the word "Motel" painted on the sign.

Quick Snap gazed at the building for a few seconds. Sure, he wasn't expecting something immensely fancy like some of the hotels he had been to before, but the establishment before him seemed...so plain. The drab gray and brown color scheme, the plain looking greenly and sheer size of the building did put the journalist of slightly. A shake of his head brought him back to his senses. He was merely hear to interview a pony and coconut life. That was it. He needed somewhere to stay, and this humble little sack would be said place.

Taking a deep breath, he walks forward into the motel. At the front desk was a mare with an orange mane, light olive coat, and green eyes.

Clearing his throat, he spoke. "Um...Excuse me? Miss? I'd like to rent a room."

The mare, who had apparently been sleeping, quickly snapped up, coming into eye contact with Quick.

"Uh...Oh. Hi, there! Would you like to rent a room?" She asked in an upbeat tone. Quick Snap nodded. "Alright then! How long will you been staying?" Quick opened his mount to answer, but no words came out. He didn't truly know how long he'd be here for. He wanted to say a week, but could he really get a interview from a pony in a town where he was a stranger in such a short time?

The mare noticed his musing and smiled. "It's fine if you don;t know right now. I'll just get you a room and when you make up your mind, you can tell me!" Quick cocked his head slightly at this. This was surprisingly nice of her. "Um...o-okay. Thank you." Quick replied, giving a small smile.

The mare gave him a key and showed him to his room. The mare, who had given her name as Carrot Top, asked if he needed something to which he replied with no. With another and smile on her part, Carrot returned to the front desk. After getting settle, Quick took a sit at the desk across from his bed, sighing heavily. "Alright. So...how to go about this?" He pounder, rubbing his chin when a low rumbling from his stomach broke his train of thought.

"Ah, right. Let's eat first." Removing himself from eh desk, he went to grab one of the apples he bought early taking a bite out of it. "Hm...MMM! This is good! Country apples taste much better." He said, chewing happily. He slowly ate the apple until nothing but the core remained.

"Ah~ That was delicious!!" He spoke aloud. "These ponies should do know how to grow apples! Which, makes sense. Obviously." He chuckled to himself. After a few brief moments of silence, he mind wounder back to the mare he met early; Applejack. He didn't know why, but there was something...inviting about her. She had a welcoming demeanor that made him feel fairly relaxed.
She aided him in finding the motel, something most ponies wouldn't have bothered with. Taking all of this into consideration, a thought popped into his head; could she be the pony he interviews?

"It's possible. She was helpful and friendly. Maybe she won't mind. Yeah...And besides, this could be good for her! If ponies like what they read, they'll be inclined to come her and visit her! It's a win-win! I get my interview, and she get more business!" Quick happily trotted out of his room and the motel, he needed to get back to the town square! Hopefully, she was still there.
Back to top Go down
Syntavant

Syntavant

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 4:01 am

Applejack huffed in boredom as she scuffed a hoof on the ground, kicking up a plume of dust. It was a slow day at the stall. The only customer had been that reporter-lookin' pony, and whilst he had spent quite a few bits, it wasn't nearly enough to cover the daily quota.

She removed her stetson momentarily to wipe the sweat from her brow with her hoof, before plonking back on her head. She let her friendly smile fall somewhat as she scanned the marketplace. It was filled with all manner of city ponies, ranging from Canterlotians to Manehattenites, and not one of them looked like they were ready to spend a single bit on anything.

Twilight had called this a 'tourist season'. Once a year, ponies from all over would migrate to Ponyville for the sole purpose of visiting the princess and gawking at all of the country folk. What her studious friend had neglected to mention, however, was that this so called tourist season would affect her business.

Applejack sighed quietly as she put her hooves up onto the stall and rested her head upon them, letting her stetson cover her eyes.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 4:36 am

Trotting back into the marketplace the blue stallion scanned it for the apple selling mare. Shifting his vision from left to right, he noticed the increase of ponies since he checked into the hotel and her knew why this was.

He groaned at this thought. Tourist season. Of all the times his boss could have chosen to send me for this interview, it had to be tourist season.

"Great. With all these ponies, I'll be lucky if I find her before sundown." he sighed bitterly. continuing his trek though the now crowded marketplace, Quick Snap was reminded how little her missed the city life. At least five different ponies walked into him without so much as a "sorry" or excuse me"

His nose fell under assault by some cheap cologne a stallion who brushed by him. His hat was nearly lost to him due to the crowd, and he could swear somepony attempted to lift some of his bits. By some miracle, he managed to pull away from the sea of city ponies. Another groan exited his lips as he regained his baring.

"It'll all be worth it once I find-" He stopped himself mid sentence when the familiar image of an apple stall came into view. At the front was the mare, Applejack. Her head resting on stall.

"She's asleep?" Quick pondered as he trotted over. The reporter looked at the dozing mare, a feeling of conflict forming in his gut. Should her really disturb her? She seemed exhausted, or she must be to fall asleep at her own stand so callously. Where all the ponies in this town this care free? A thought mull over at another date. Taking a deep breath, he lightly shook the mare before him.
Back to top Go down
Syntavant

Syntavant

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 1:34 pm

"Huh? Wuzzat?" Applejack mumbled blearily, her stetson still covering her eyes as she shot up. "I wasn't sleepin' none! I was just, uh..." She trailed off as she pushed the hat out of her vision and took in the familiar face of her potential customer and interrupter of good dreams.

"Oh, howdy again, sugarcube." She greeted with a friendly smile, tipping her stetson. "What brings you back 'round these parts? Come to buy me out of house and home?" She chuckled jovially at him. "'Cus I tell you what, I could do with the business. It's been a slow day today..."

Applejack cleared her throat and shook her head, her ponytail whipping behind her. She looked down at the small puddle of drool on the counter and blushed slightly. "And, uh... don't mind me none. I was just catchin' a few winks before it's time to clean up shop and head on back to the farm."

"Anyways, what can I do ya for?" She asked, smiling at him.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 9:39 pm

The stallion returned her chuckle with his own. "It's quite alright. I understand sometimes we need a few winks in between work. Trust me." he said, putting heavy emphasis on the "trust me".

"As for why I'm here...well, I'm here to talk with you about something. You said business has been slow? Well, what if I told you I had a way to change that?"
Back to top Go down
Syntavant

Syntavant

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 12:25 am

Applejack's ears perked up, before she narrowed her eyes dangerously. "Oh? And how would y'all go about doin' that?" She asked suspiciously. "Ya aren't one 'a those sales ponies are ya? I've already told you lot, I'm not buying none 'a your fertilizer." She huffed, crossing her fore-hooves.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 12:33 am

Again, the stallion chuckled. "No. I'm a reporter for a news paper called "The Bale". It's one of the most well known News Paper outlets in Manehattan." he explained, his voice carrying some pride in it.

"I'm here to ask you for an interview."  he finished, foiling with his hat.
Back to top Go down
Syntavant

Syntavant

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 4:40 am

Applejack raised an eyebrow at him, her head tilting slightly. "The Bale, huh? Sounds mighty fancy..." She trailed off, sparing a look at her almost-empty bit jar. She reluctantly turned back to the reporter and gestured for him to continue.

"What'd this interview be about? Better still, what do I get out of it?" She grinned, propping her head up with a hoof inquisitively.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 4:47 am

"Well," he replied as he moved closer. "For starters, not only would it make you some what famous, this could be the boost your business needs. Think about it. Ponies from Manehattan coming here to purchase you apples and pastries. Word spreads about how amazing they are and suddenly, your family becomes a house hold name! Anytime some pony indulges themselves on an apple pie or fritter, anytime somepony downs a nice, tall glass of Apple cider; they will remember the mare who provided it to them; You." The reporter offered a smile, hoping it would seal it.
Back to top Go down
Syntavant

Syntavant

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 5:19 am

"That's a mighty enticin' offer you got there." She complimented. "Receiving more customers would be great this time o' year, what with cider season just 'round the corner, and the extra publicity wouldn't be a bad thing."

Applejack took one last look at her jar, before looking him up and down and smiling at him. "I think you got yourself a deal there, sugarcube." She said. She then spat on her hoof and offered it to him.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 5:22 am

Quick reeled back some at her gesture, before slowly taking and shaking her hoof.

"So, when would be a good time to do thew interview." he asked, giving his spit covered hoof a small shake.
Back to top Go down
Syntavant

Syntavant

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 6:59 pm

"We can do it now, if y'all has the time." She smiled, shaking his hoof vigorously, oblivious of Quick's squeamishness. "I've gotta pack up this here stall and haul it back to the farm. I'd be mighty appreciative if you'd help me out some."

Applejack smirked as she gave the side of the side of the stall a swift kick with a rear hoof, causing it to fold in neatly on itself. The wheels below it creaked quietly, but held up under the weight of the folded wood stack. She then nodded her head to one of the full bags of apples on the floor, before picking up the other with her mouth and proceeding to push the cart down the trail.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 7:09 pm

Giving a nod, he snatched up one of the remaining bags, placing it in his mouth and proceeded to follow.  Quick marvel at the mare, clearly impressed by her strength He did not know many mares with strength such as this. He mused if this was a trait all the country ponies shared.

Shrugging it off, the two continued down the trail. Quick figured now would be a good time to try and get some basic questions out of the way.

"So, Miss Jack," he began. "What's it like living in the country? It must get dull fairly quick, right?"
Back to top Go down
Syntavant

Syntavant

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm

Applejack turned and raised an eyebrow at him. "Dull? No siree. It's hard work, sure. And it does tire you out at times. But dull isn't the word I'd use."

She shook her head as she kept up a steady trot. "Besides, I got plenty a' friends and family to keep things entertaining. And there's always some kinda trouble brewing every week or so. Saturdays are the worst for that." She chuckled.
Back to top Go down
SilverKaizer

SilverKaizer

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 7:35 pm

The stallion's pace slowed some. This small, quiet town had threats casted upon it? It was a hard pill to swallow for sure.

"Really? It seems like such a safe place to live. What kind of dangers could a place like this face?" he questioned, the intrigue clear in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interviews
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next